PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2: Eberron

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-07-21, 11:28 AM
I had an idea for a campaign some ways back, well, less than a week ago and I was dying to put it on these forums, but I couldn't so I put them on the WotC boards. I don't want to repost all of what was said there, so I'll just link to it here (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1060498).

Ghal Marak
2008-07-21, 12:28 PM
Wow, I like that. Though here is an idea. You can keep the Alien/Combine stuff as is. They travel through dimensional holes right? Well, they punch a hole in the fabric of reality and wind up in Ebberon. They do their thing, enslavement and what-not (to variying digrees of sucess) and the rest is up to the DM. To me it fits in with the fluff. That is not to say your Quori/Inspired ideas wouldn't work. I'm just presenting another side to it. :smallsmile:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-07-21, 02:03 PM
That was originally the idea I had, but I was going to go with a magic+technology kind of thing instead of pure technology on the combine's part.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-07-23, 07:26 PM
Any more thoughts? *Bump*

shadow_archmagi
2008-07-23, 07:45 PM
That was originally the idea I had, but I was going to go with a magic+technology kind of thing instead of pure technology on the combine's part.

Personally, I feel there are two ways you could go with this.

The first is to have the combine, mechanical and monstrous, invade and suddenly discover THIS universe has magic.

The second is to parallel the story. First a group of wizards attempt to research an improvement to the current teleportation technology, in the Dark Plateau Guild. Then the whole place explodes, and mysterious creatures begin showing up, until eventually a huge invasion force of half-golems invades, and so on.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-07-23, 08:00 PM
I like that last one, especially the Dark Plateau guild. :smallbiggrin:

shadow_archmagi
2008-07-23, 08:53 PM
I like that last one, especially the Dark Plateau guild. :smallbiggrin:

The only difficulties I can see in this plan are finding a way to make an Awesome Golem to simulate Dog, Dr. Green diplomancing the party onto the path of evil, and keeping the whole thing just-changed-ENOUGH that your players don't notice.