PDA

View Full Version : Referecing fan made roleplaying suppliments

Jayabalard
2008-07-21, 03:13 PM
Example, there are quite a few fan made sourcebooks for GURPS; someone is planning a campaign using Dark Lord Azagthoth's sourcebook (google: gurps star wars) but he seems to believe that we can't link the source material that he's using. He's not selling anything as far as I can tell, and from a quick scan through he credits his sources reasonably well, so that would seem to be as acceptable as linking to any other free compilation of star wars information (wookiepedia, wikipedia, etc)

Is there really a problem linking directly to that site, and if so, why?

Renegade Paladin
2008-07-21, 03:22 PM
Am I missing something here? There's an entire forum on this very board dedicated to fan-made roleplaying supplements. What would give you the idea that it's a problem? :smallconfused:

Jayabalard
2008-07-21, 03:49 PM
The OP of the thread I'm referring to (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85437) seems to have seen otherwise; tyhe only thing that I can think of is that there's some problem because since Star wars is someone else's IP and the fan made material is converting stuff that he doesn't have copyright on.

I agree though, it seems like we should be able to reference and link to that sort of material. I can't think of why Wraithy would think otherwise.