PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I'm an Ogre, not a Bugbear!!!

fireinthedust
2008-07-21, 09:58 PM
Hey there, Admins.

I was an Ogre in the Playground at least, before the server switch. I've been here years, and posted I believe thousands of times. I don't know whether you're embiggening the required numbers for each rank, but I earned the jump to Ogre. I may have gotten close to Titan, but I dunno (maybe, I wasn't paying attention).

If you could a) put me back, thanks, that would be good. Or even add a few ranks or something; maybe make up a new one that's cool (like avatar in the playground, or Archmage. And b) if you don't want a top-heavy ranking scheme, couldn't you just make up more? (like Dragon in the playground, Unicorn in the playground, elemental archon in the playground, etc.) It's better than upping the number needed to get between "levels"; otherwise it's disheartening for those of us who actually want to get there. Heck, I post at least once a day, usually.

I know it's probably a glitch, but I'm covering my bases here. gaining new, cool names is fun, y'know.

de-trick
2008-07-21, 10:17 PM
the only thing I will say is that the rank is not important at all, it just says who has been here the longest or posts alot. Its nothing to be bothered about

Rawhide
2008-07-21, 10:18 PM
When the forums were moved to the new server we did a pretty massive database cleanup, including purging and recreating the search index. One of these reset and recalculated your stored post count value to your actual post count.

As this thread also discusses post counts and whatnot, I'm going to close the thread, but feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions.