PDA

View Full Version : how to kill superman?

krossbow
2008-07-21, 11:24 PM
how would you go about killing superman? tactically i mean.

what strategies do you think would be the most useful for killing the man of steel, and what methods?

for this thread, i'm going to rule out kryptonite, since its such a ridiculous plot device, as well as the use of god-beings such as doomsday or darkseid (since thats not "killing" superman so much as "who would win in a fight?).

Seriously, what methods do you think would work best for killing him, given his power and abilities?

kpenguin
2008-07-21, 11:47 PM
Magic. His other weakness, besides kryptonite, is magic.

Stormpax
2008-07-22, 12:21 AM
I would take the Mr. Myxkapytlik (sp?) approach.
Annoy the crap out of him. :smallbiggrin:

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-22, 12:23 AM
Go back in time to the late 1930's or early 1940's when he was not Flanderized (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization) into a god. Then drop a bomb over his head.

The simple methods are always the best.

archon_huskie
2008-07-22, 12:25 AM
Magic is not really one of his weaknesses. It just affects him as it would any other person.

Superman's power comes from the yellow sun. To defeat him, one would have to cut him off from the sun. This can be done by keeping him underground moved to another solar system, moved to another time, moved to another dimension.

Another option is to use The Parasite to drain his powers.

Yet another is to cause some sort of great calamity that he can't stop that sends him into a massive emo-depression.

Isolder74
2008-07-22, 12:34 AM
Go Dr. Light.

set up a network of satilites that filter the sunlight into that of the same as a red sun. Wait until he it the same as a normal person and just fire a tompson into him until he stops moving.

krossbow
2008-07-22, 12:37 AM
Well, you wouldn't technically have to block out the sun to beat him, you just have to drain him at a fast enough rate that he's losing more energy than he's taking in.

Superman is essentially a giant solar battery; as stated in the death of superman, he is indeed affected by attacks even if its not apparent from outer appearances.

You simply have to act like the russians; lure him into a string of constant battles, retreating until he is somewhat drained and its too late for him to escape.

Hubris is his largest weakness, screw kryptonite. He constantly underestimates his opponents, attempting to awe them into giving up; when faced with opponents who are on a similiar level, he still holds back, attempting to subdue them non-lethally instead of going for the throat. This wastes far more energy than being efficient.

Set up a series of situations wherein he would be damaged by various energy effects or explosions that would be strong enough to drain his energy but not noticable enough for him to think that he was actually hurt in any way. High voltage, Conventional explosives and radiation all fit this bill.
After leading him through a series of these events in a day, spring the rest of your hand on him. He might possibly be weakened enough at this point to be killed by a nuke, or by the various technology thats been scavenged from other planets. Laser weapons in the DC universe (human made) are generally shown to be too weak to defeat a fully powered superman, but in a weakened state, they might also work.

nonamearisto
2008-07-22, 12:59 AM
Superman has several vulnerabilities and weaknesses:

1. Kryptonite (obviously)

2. Magic (he has little defense against it)

3. A red sun (his powers come from a yellow sun, and simply not being under a yellow star will see his powers fade over time.)

4. He cannot be in two places at once (although he is very fast)

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-22, 01:26 AM
2. Magic (he has little defense against it)Lore thinks otherwise; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGF3An3OY9c&feature=PlayList&p=B917F490CB2098F6&index=7) check around 1:13.

archon_huskie
2008-07-22, 01:51 AM
Hubris is his largest weakness, screw kryptonite. He constantly underestimates his opponents, attempting to awe them into giving up; when faced with opponents who are on a similiar level, he still holds back, attempting to subdue them non-lethally instead of going for the throat. This wastes far more energy than being efficient.

I understand Superman as representing the best of humanity. (His foil Lex Luthor represents the worst.) So Superman will always go soft on opponents. He will always try to be nonlethal not out of hubris, but out of mercy.

Unless he's up against someone in his power range.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQUZDbNaXKE&feature=related

Laurentio II
2008-07-22, 03:27 AM
Kick the ground to produce some kryptonite. If you are, by serious bad luck, in a place with a short supply of kriptonite, just produce it chemically, or buy some on E-Bay. Not that hard.

Now go to a fairly high place, and start calling him. When he shows (he and only he, as in DC universe no hero will ever steal the scene to another hero) hand him the kryptonite and tell him that he has to ingest it, otherwise you (or someone for you) will kill someone in the future.
As you didn't do anything bad at the moment, he can't do you anything. But if you are resolute to kill hundreds of innocent (and Superman knows when you are resolute: telemetric bio scan) he will have to do.

Because yes, he is that kind of hero.

The next day, Batman will kill you. Crap happens.

Aquillion
2008-07-22, 04:25 AM
Which version of Superman? I mean, the original pre-power-inflation Superman could likely be killed with simple high-caliber bullets, or tank shells at the worst.

The Golden and Silver-age Supermen are absurdly powerful, but also have absurd weaknesses. It's hard to say, here. I mean, sure, you could theoretically kill one of them with the right trick, but depending on the issue he can kill you from the other side of the galaxy by looking at you (which he can also do from the other side of the galaxy), can travel through time, can see through everything and watch everyone on the planet at once, and has a super-brain whose predictive ability means that he likely knows that you're going to try to kill him before you do.

Post-Crisis Superman can be beaten to death with sufficient force, although it's rather hard (and requires someone else of superman-class, basically.)

All versions with powers worth worrying about can be stripped of them by denying them the light of a yellow star, have moral qualms that can be used against them, and are vulnerable to magic, mind control, and possibly alien technology (especially Kryptonian technology -- Silver-Age Superman was threatened with various Kryptonian artifacts, not just Kryptonite..)

One trick that has worked in the past: In Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?, the Golden/Silver age Superman gave up his powers via Gold Kryptonite after he accidently killed someone. The fact that all mainstream supermen have been 'blue boy scouts' implies that this is a vulnerability that they all share -- even excluding Kryptonite, it seems likely that if you could trick any Superman into killing someone with their powers, they would seek their own destruction or render themselves vulnerable in some other way.

You could try to trick them into thinking they've killed people, too (the Doctor Manhattan strategy), but that's been done and never seems to work.

Mind control is probably the best bet. Superman's will save is pathetic; just cast Dominate Person and order him to fly very far away from any yellow sun, then kill himself. (Of course, you can probably think of better things to do with a mind-controlled superman than destroy him, but that's the challenge...)

As Maxwell Lord has demonstrated, anyone with even a middling mind-control ability who can get close enough to Superman use it on him easily has a shot at taking over the entire DCU.

Laurentio II
2008-07-22, 05:03 AM
As Maxwell Lord has demonstrated, anyone with even a middling mind-control ability who can get close enough to Superman use it on him easily has a shot at taking over the entire DCU.
But most probably, he will use that power to produce an home-made erotic film, staring Big Barda. Yes. Take that.

Back to the issue, how to kill Superman: ask him to help you produce free, pollution-free energy to donate to third world countries. He will be killed by industrial powers in a matter of hours, with complicity of politics.
And yes, they have the means. Only that Batman stoled them a couple of times (now, it's real. Batman stoled kryptonite bullets from a terminal-security anti-Superman site, built just for paranoia)

Anyone noticed that I name Batman a lot? I noticed.

Green Bean
2008-07-22, 06:59 AM

Superman could beat the whole DCU? Really? :smallconfused:

Taliesan
2008-07-22, 07:27 AM
Steal a Green Lantern power ring.

Focus on producing a beam that mimics green Kryptonite radiation.

Fine tuning may be needed to handle Prime-idiot.

Guyinthestreet
2008-07-22, 07:59 AM
Viruses. Spores. Incubate some disease in him that makes Superman's immune system turn against itself.

Or make him view believable illusions that show his loved ones dying, over and over again. Don't attack him head on, attack his vulnerable parts. Make him lose his sanity. At the very least he'll be crazy. At best he'll commit suicide.

Another way may be to trap him in a dream which mimics reality. Eventually Superman should die from old age. Might take a long time though, so maybe you should do that in the Phantom Zone or where ever that is.

There's other ways to kill him, but the least effective ways are beating him to a pulp. So don't do that. I'm looking at you, Doomsday.

Kaelaroth
2008-07-22, 08:25 AM
Superman could beat the whole DCU? Really? :smallconfused:

He tried to, yeah. Wonder Woman, at least, got away in time to kill Maxwell Lord, cancelling out his illusions.

Green Bean
2008-07-22, 09:55 AM
He tried to, yeah. Wonder Woman, at least, got away in time to kill Maxwell Lord, cancelling out his illusions.

Tried, yeah, but I'm really not sure how he'd succeed, exactly. The Flash, Zatanna, Wonder Woman in her current incarnation, Martian Manhunter, the Green Lantern(s); any of them would stand a reasonable chance in a fight, and that's just the Justice League. Heck, Zatanna, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter even have anti-mind control capability.

krossbow
2008-07-22, 11:03 AM
Anyone noticed that I name Batman a lot? I noticed.

That's because batman is probably the most competent and well prepared individual in the dc Universe. Heck, he has access to technology and battle armors that would make most of his opponents competely useless against them; he just doesn't use them for the same reason that you don't use a sledgehammer when you need a surgeons tool.

On that note, superman has been shown to survive being caught at ground zero of nuclear explosions correct? as i remember batman tried that once or twice.

Kaelaroth
2008-07-22, 11:42 AM
On that note, superman has been shown to survive being caught at ground zero of nuclear explosions correct? as i remember batman tried that once or twice.

Back in the Silver Age*. Hasn't yet happened in our Modern Age of comics, so we don't know how it'd affect him.

*When nothing could even hurt Supes

WalkingTarget
2008-07-22, 12:00 PM
Back in the Silver Age*. Hasn't yet happened in our Modern Age of comics, so we don't know how it'd affect him.

*When nothing could even hurt Supes

Well, Supes got nuked in both The Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come, but neither of those are fully canonical (in the former it really takes a lot out of him, in the latter he's barely fazed but is really pissed off).

Belial_the_Leveler
2008-07-22, 12:38 PM
1) Time Stop, maximised, 5 rounds.
2) Greater Teleport to the center of Metropolis.
3) Gate-any other plane where gravity works.
4) Gate-within other plane, face to face with the previous gate, leading back to the prime material very very close to a black hole.
5) Greater Teleport off-planet before the Time-Stop ends.

You now stand there and watch as the black hole sucks the entire planet (superman included) through your patented dimensional portal. Enjoy.

TheThan
2008-07-22, 02:05 PM
Several of the X-men might be able to do it. Yeah I know its cross-universe.

Rogue
All she has to do is hold on long enough and she’ll eventually drain him of all his power. Whether her body is capable of holding all the vast power of superman is another matter. Since she’s got Mrs. Marvel’s powers she can probably hold on. (super strength, durability and flight).

Professor Xavier
He could simply mind control him, or have him commit suicide, or make him forget he has super powers or lobotomize him, or any of a hundred different other mental attacks. Sure some JLA members have anti-mind control abilities. But are any of them strong enough to resist the most powerful telepath on the planet?

Jean Grey
Rip his body apart at the molecular level? Come one she’s the freaking Phoenix , her power is only limited by her imagination.

Wolverine
Superman is the man of steel right? Well wolverine’s claws are made of Adamantium, which we all know can cut through steel. So the question can wolverine’s claws cut superman? If so then Wolvie stands at least half a chance, if not well then he looses. I imagine wolverines’ a better fighter, but superman is too fast and strong for wolverine.

Cyclops:
For some reason I always imagined his optic blast to be more powerful than sup’s heat vision. Other than that he’s basically just a normal guy and would get pummeled in two seconds.

Shadow cat
All kitty has to do is here is phase a piece of kryponite into him, or something equally as mean, like say a steel bar through his heart. The only problem is sup’s heat vision will probably be able to disrupt her phased state (Deuce Ex Machina if you ask me).

krossbow
2008-07-22, 03:05 PM
V

Another way may be to trap him in a dream which mimics reality. Eventually Superman should die from old age. Might take a long time though, so maybe you should do that in the Phantom Zone or where ever that is.

Given the indications of various canonical instances, superman is quite possibly immortal. As long as he has a yellow sun juicing him up, he won't age, won't sicken, and most certainly won't die.

Due to this, its not something that you can truly count on.

AstralFire
2008-07-22, 03:33 PM
Kick the ground to produce some kryptonite. If you are, by serious bad luck, in a place with a short supply of kriptonite, just produce it chemically, or buy some on E-Bay. Not that hard.

Now go to a fairly high place, and start calling him. When he shows (he and only he, as in DC universe no hero will ever steal the scene to another hero) hand him the kryptonite and tell him that he has to ingest it, otherwise you (or someone for you) will kill someone in the future.
As you didn't do anything bad at the moment, he can't do you anything. But if you are resolute to kill hundreds of innocent (and Superman knows when you are resolute: telemetric bio scan) he will have to do.

Because yes, he is that kind of hero.

The next day, Batman will kill you. Crap happens.

You realize that Superman has resorted to killing and impromptu meatball surgery to cripple dangerous threats, while Batman never has?

You have it backwards. Batman's a pissed off idealist, Supes is a little more pragmatic. (A little.)

In that kind of scenario you'd be more likely to end up with Superman phoning up Batman for some help investigating who the guy's connections were and shutting them down. ("I thought I was the detective." "It is called investigative reporting... Bruce." Always enjoyed that quote from Superman/Batman #1.)

TheEmerged
2008-07-22, 09:05 PM
Ignoring your Kryptonite prohibition, because it's as absurd as asking how to beat someone at chess "without using the pawns".

Basically, you need to turn his nature against him. Create a hostage situation where you've got the hostages against the wall and you're shooting them -- ideally his only solution is going to be putting himself in the way of the bullets.

What he doesn't know is that the bullets are a thin lead coating over Green Kryptonite. When the bullet deforms upon striking him, he's exposed to the Green K. The lead coating is necessary for two reasons, to keep him from realizing there's kryptonite involved and to allow the bullets to impact normally (at some point during the Silver Age, yes I know I'm talking about the Silver Age here, it was established that Green K is too brittle to be used as bullets).

Once weakened -- and yes, this attack is only going to weaken him due to brief exposure -- you fire the Gold K bullet at him. I don't believe Gold K is canon for the modern era yet, although so many of the other isotopes are that I don't believe this to be unrealisitic. Superman loses all his powers permanently, and suddenly has a bullet in his brain or somesuch. You couldn't do this with the first bullets because Gold K is too rare to risk wasting.

Of course, all this assumes that Superman doesn't sense the trap and just use his heat vision to melt all the bullets from a safe range at superspeed, but hey, it's a fun exercise...

krossbow
2008-07-22, 10:59 PM
Ignoring your Kryptonite prohibition, because it's as absurd as asking how to beat someone at chess "without using the pawns".

I'm prohibiting kryptonite because, truthfully, its not a weakness: its a deus ex machina.
kryptonite is a crutch created to allow villians to somehow threaten superman without any regard to their normal abilities or competency, and, due to his overwhelming power, has become ridiculously common. hell, its even been turned into most every form known to man, from liquid to gas, to energy beams.

using kryptonite to kill superman is like saying that you'd defeat batman with a sniper rifle, in that it doesn't really require too much in depth strategy.

on that note, solomen grondy might be a good option to use against superman. with his fluctuation mental state he's often in an easily manipulatable state, and, since he derives from a magical source, could be used a good way to soften up the man of steel.

while he is powerful, hi tech human technology has been shown to be damaging to him if he's winded.

Tirian
2008-07-23, 12:33 AM
But magic and superstrong enemies and mind control and extradimensional prisons are all DEM too. There is nothing that Superman has faced that couldn't be reasonably classified as a demonstration of his ability to overcome obstacles rather than a threat to his life, and he's been facing threats for nearly seventy years now, getting up to the point where he's facing more than one a week for the past few decades.

If I were a DC villain and wanted to keep Superman out of my hair, the best way to do it would seem to be not having a plan that would threaten Superman, because he doesn't seem to take down criminals who aren't already prepared for him. I suppose I'm still at the mercy of Lois or Jimmy though. :smalltongue:

turkishproverb
2008-07-23, 12:45 AM
I'm prohibiting kryptonite because, truthfully, its not a weakness: its a deus ex machina.
kryptonite is a crutch created to allow villians to somehow threaten superman without any regard to their normal abilities or competency, and, due to his overwhelming power, has become ridiculously common. hell, its even been turned into most every form known to man, from liquid to gas, to energy beams.

using kryptonite to kill superman is like saying that you'd defeat batman with a sniper rifle, in that it doesn't really require too much in depth strategy.

on that note, solomen grondy might be a good option to use against superman. with his fluctuation mental state he's often in an easily manipulatable state, and, since he derives from a magical source, could be used a good way to soften up the man of steel.

while he is powerful, hi tech human technology has been shown to be damaging to him if he's winded.

Last guy to try to snipe Batman in the comics commented that he missed, even though his sight were dead. This is a guy that had previously made a Gotham Knight deadshot style hit during the story. IT was made pretty clear it was almost metaphysical level weird that he missed like that.

HOw would I kill superman? Hire Bryan Singer (kidding!)

Dryken
2008-07-23, 12:55 AM
Didn't Russian Batman nearly take him down with red sun lamps in Red Sun?

And if we're talking crossovers, I'd send the Joker after him. He'd think of something.

Other than that, I can't think of too much aside from killing Lois, Lana, Jimmy and The Kents and work it out so different people kill them at the exact same time. No hostage crap. Just a knock on the door and a gunshot once they open it. To ensure he doesn't get involved, perhaps stage a bigger crime at around the same time so he's distracted. Killing everyone he's ever cared about would at least send him flying away for a couple of years while a plan to kill him once and for all w

turkishproverb
2008-07-23, 12:56 AM
Didn't Russian Batman nearly take him down with red sun lamps in Red Sun?

And if we're talking crossovers, I'd send the Joker after him. He'd think of something.

Other than that, I can't think of too much aside from killing Lois, Lana, Jimmy and The Kents and work it out so different people kill them at the exact same time. No hostage crap. Just a knock on the door and a gunshot once they open it. To ensure he doesn't get involved, perhaps stage a bigger crime at around the same time so he's distracted. Killing everyone he's ever cared about would at least send him flying away for a couple of years while a plan to kill him once and for all w

All that stopped Batman from taking him out in Red son is Wonder woman BREAKING the lasso (nearly destroying herself in the proscess.) THis also led to Wonderwoman siding against Superman in the final battle.

Dryken
2008-07-23, 01:00 AM
All that stopped Batman from taking him out in Red son is Wonder woman BREAKING the lasso (nearly destroying herself in the proscess.) THis also led to Wonderwoman siding against Superman in the final battle.

So really, if not for Wonder Woman, Batman would have successfully killed Superman. But even with Wonder Woman, replace the fists with a gun and shoot him once the lights are on. ESPECIALLY in the moment where he was cocky thinking that he wouldn't be harmed.

Gavin Sage
2008-07-23, 09:31 PM
Red Son pwns Superman not once but twice. Batmankoff does it with some specialized lamps and cleverness.

Then of course there's Lex Luthor who beat Superman with a sentence, written on paper.

Of course to take Superman down without red sun, magic (Zatanna could always 'namrepuS ezeerf reverof'), or kryptonite, or finding some way to break his will well.... STILL do-able. There are numerous characters on par with Supes in power and ability. Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Powergirl, Ion/Sodam Yat, to name just a few characters that who could gang up and out muscle Superman. And that's just from DC...

jerichodrumm
2008-07-23, 10:00 PM
Have Rob Liefeld write & draw his comic...

krossbow
2008-07-23, 10:43 PM
Wonder Woman,

As i remember it, didn't wonder woman try to fight superman once and get one shotted by superman with a backhand?

On that note though, if you put wonderwoman up there, then batman ranks up there as well; in kingdom come he goes toe to toe with wonder woman in a the equivilent of a mech suit.
by power of association, if wonder woman = superman power, and batman = wonder woman power, then batman = superman power.
:/

Thinking about it though, superman's will is probably one of the easiest thing to break. In Red son, Kingdom come, and a host of other comics, people have shattered his resolve with a single sentence. Coupled with his blatant weakness to mind control (i'm starting to think a sideshow hick with a pocket watch could take him over), thats starting to seem to be the easiest method.

Renegade Paladin
2008-07-23, 11:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/RenegadePaladin/Cats/CatsKillSuperman.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. Carry on. :smallbiggrin:

Green Bean
2008-07-24, 01:37 AM
As i remember it, didn't wonder woman try to fight superman once and get one shotted by superman with a backhand?

On that note though, if you put wonderwoman up there, then batman ranks up there as well; in kingdom come he goes toe to toe with wonder woman in a the equivilent of a mech suit.
by power of association, if wonder woman = superman power, and batman = wonder woman power, then batman = superman power.

Wonder Woman is one of those characters that seems to vary in power from writer to writer. Gail Simone, the current writer, has her around Superman level; she's not as physically strong, but she's been trained by Amazons her entire life, which gives her an edge (sort of like Batman standing a chance against Killer Croc, even without any gadgets).

Thinking about it though, superman's will is probably one of the easiest thing to break. In Red son, Kingdom come, and a host of other comics, people have shattered his resolve with a single sentence. Coupled with his blatant weakness to mind control (i'm starting to think a sideshow hick with a pocket watch could take him over), thats starting to seem to be the easiest method.

Well, I'm not sure that the death of Lois Lane, followed up by a worldwide rejection of the values he holds dear counts as a single sentence. Plus, Red Son isn't the same Superman; most Superman comics emphasize the importance that the Kents had on his development.

Besides, Superman isn't vulnerable to mind control so much as he's such a high-profile target. Superman's the preeminent hero of the DCU, both in continuity and in the real world. Supervillains are going to go after him first to show how powerful they are (and because the hero fighting Superman under mind control is more exciting to the readers because he's such a recognizable hero).

Threeshades
2008-07-24, 02:10 AM
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/2818/11lobvssupes8qx.jpg
Gat it or don't

Laurentio II
2008-07-24, 02:33 AM
This is a plot that everyone can carry. You just need money (and not that much), lot of work, and determination. It help to be mentally stable (as crazy villains do lot of errors).

PART ONE: Foundation
Dig an underground complex in a rural place, under a cover scrap deposit. You need to be able to send vehicles without being suspect, and to have the less person possible around. The complex must be very deep, so take your time.
You'll need a lot of explosive, several electronic devices, and a bunch of goons. The total cost should be under a million dollar, that in the DC universe are almost given if you are a villain.

Don't buy the explosive, there are too much leaks when you try to find this stuff. Just make it yourself (you have an underground hideout to do all the alchemy you need). Use it to bobby-trap every single meter of the complex. Industrial strength explosive is fine.

Now, the risky part: kidnap lot of children and their family. You must be very careful to kidnap people far from cities, in places without resident superheroes. It's very useful to use ranged bio scanner to avoid kidnapping super humans, and to check for kidnapped people identity. If you got some sidekick or superhero related, bring him in a separate hideout, shoot him and bury the corpse. Fast.
Children must range from one year to six, with a pair of very selected pre-teens, both genders. This two must be confirmed crybaby, without a single grain of courage or altruism. And, they must be very cute, sane, and american-looking. We will call them "the patriotic bait".

When you collected at least twenty children and family, call goons in a room to party, and kill them all. Now you work alone.

PART TWO: invitation
Lure Superman. It's not that hard, if you follow the basic guidelines (read some comics, it usually require someone to just tell him a vague story of people disappearing in a remote place).
Leave some low tech security robot to give him something to bash, otherwise he will relax to much and won't take a direct route to the children's room. Put a pair of titan portal shut for him to crush, but only at the start of the complex. Leave the road open, so to reduce damages to the core of the complex.

When you have Superman in the "nest" with children, he must find the "patriotic bait" bounded to their chairs with titan cuffs (something that require superman to enter the room to break, and lose a couple of seconds). On the wall opposite the door you will have a giant screen where you are giving a xenophobe nazi-like lecture. It's very important, for the following reasons:
- it will attract Superman attention, reducing the chance of him scanning the room;
- it will create a background for the psycho-mess that follows;
- it introduce your fake (computer generated) identity, making it harder to him to find you later (if he survives).
It's wise to have some backup monitor, in the case Superman destroy the first.

PART THREE: Blackmail
While Superman is in, shut the door and start blackmailing. I means, do I have you to say the rules? If he escapes, break a wall, use any superpower (X-ray is a no-no), try to remove bombs inside walls or to contact someone, you will detonate all bombs. That means that in the nest (he will survive, children no), and in the parents room, that you can show him on a monitor (no audio!).
The parents' room is very far, on the opposite side of the complex, at least half a mile BELOW the actual room. This prevent Superman to discover it prematurely (he cames from above, and the children room come first), and spoil any attempt to hyper-speed carry all prisoners.

Now you have Superman locked inside a room. You can wait for him to weaken (no solar radiation underground), or you can use kryptonite or red sun radiation. If you don't have some stuff like this (like, you are in the real world), go to next step.

PART FOUR: Psycho-mess
Care for the children. Give them (by automatized service through very small holes, never go near the room yourself) food, water, non technological toys. But no TV or playstation.
Instead, give them daily educational program, full of xenophobe propaganda, without fanaticism of any sort. Keep it soft, you must fake a true mind-programming center. The presence of Superman should be played as "accidental". Yes, you are the paranoic bastard that landmine the whole complex just for security. Don't allow Superman to think that it's aimed against him.
But as he is present, take any chance to teach to the "glorious citizen of to tomorrow" that aliens are bad. Very bad. Hitler was a cake, compared. There is no problem to prove that superman actually attract bunches of alien, madman and villains from every corner of the world and the universe. Point your finger against him.

Yes, you have to use psychology again the super boyscout. Why? Because it works. Make him feel sorry, put lot of doubts in his mind. Blame him, and don't forget to remember him that he can't go away or the children explode. Make it a metaphor: all humanity is in hostage of alien super dudes.

To get extra points, declare that one of the toddlers is your own baby. Yes, you will put your own son in a mind control program. and yes, you will risk to kill him to keep an alien where he can't "poison the humanity". Don't use your real son, obviously.

Chance are that in a few days, you can deal with him to release all kidnapped if he use his heat vision to kill himself. He can do.
If you can provide some less gruesome means, do it. Lethal poisons in ridiculous dosage should help, but don't give him for dead until AFTER you see his head rolling.
Be nice - you must ALWAYS be nice during mind-messing: determinate, but nice. No fanaticism here. Allow him to record a message for friends and for the world (you can delete it later, or sell to a network for any price). Give him some privacy, and hope for him to fall in it. If he does, put the corpse in a furnace and wait for it to deplete all sun power and burn.
If he doesn't break... back to plan A. Wait for him to deplete power, and then kill him with a laser beam.

PART FIVE: when everything fails
If it fails, you are doomed - Superman will find you and get revenge. Don't fall in the temptation to remote control all the operation, it will open tons of security leaks. You can try to create a fake decoy AI to blame, and hide yourself in a very small lead covered room, inside the anonymous gigantic air pump and automated kitchen. But in this case, you must stay there from the begin of the operation - days, I mean. And there are chances that you will be found anyway. Claim to be a goon, and give him a trace that bring to a paranoid Batman plan. Could work.

Don't forget to activate all bombs. You don't want witnesses, and maybe you can give Superman the shock that snaps his mind. Worth a try.

Ecalsneerg
2008-07-24, 07:10 AM
Remind me not to get on your bad side.

What's your contingency plan for it the Justice League get involved?

Thormag
2008-07-24, 07:31 AM
This is a plot that everyone can carry. You just need money (and not that much), lot of work, and determination. It help to be mentally stable (as crazy villains do lot of errors).

PART ONE: Foundation
Dig an underground complex in a rural place, under a cover scrap deposit. You need to be able to send vehicles without being suspect, and to have the less person possible around. The complex must be very deep, so take your time.
You'll need a lot of explosive, several electronic devices, and a bunch of goons. The total cost should be under a million dollar, that in the DC universe are almost given if you are a villain.

Don't buy the explosive, there are too much leaks when you try to find this stuff. Just make it yourself (you have an underground hideout to do all the alchemy you need). Use it to bobby-trap every single meter of the complex. Industrial strength explosive is fine.

Now, the risky part: kidnap lot of children and their family. You must be very careful to kidnap people far from cities, in places without resident superheroes. It's very useful to use ranged bio scanner to avoid kidnapping super humans, and to check for kidnapped people identity. If you got some sidekick or superhero related, bring him in a separate hideout, shoot him and bury the corpse. Fast.
Children must range from one year to six, with a pair of very selected pre-teens, both genders. This two must be confirmed crybaby, without a single grain of courage or altruism. And, they must be very cute, sane, and american-looking. We will call them "the patriotic bait".

When you collected at least twenty children and family, call goons in a room to party, and kill them all. Now you work alone.

PART TWO: invitation
Lure Superman. It's not that hard, if you follow the basic guidelines (read some comics, it usually require someone to just tell him a vague story of people disappearing in a remote place).
Leave some low tech security robot to give him something to bash, otherwise he will relax to much and won't take a direct route to the children's room. Put a pair of titan portal shut for him to crush, but only at the start of the complex. Leave the road open, so to reduce damages to the core of the complex.

When you have Superman in the "nest" with children, he must find the "patriotic bait" bounded to their chairs with titan cuffs (something that require superman to enter the room to break, and lose a couple of seconds). On the wall opposite the door you will have a giant screen where you are giving a xenophobe nazi-like lecture. It's very important, for the following reasons:
- it will attract Superman attention, reducing the chance of him scanning the room;
- it will create a background for the psycho-mess that follows;
- it introduce your fake (computer generated) identity, making it harder to him to find you later (if he survives).
It's wise to have some backup monitor, in the case Superman destroy the first.

PART THREE: Blackmail
While Superman is in, shut the door and start blackmailing. I means, do I have you to say the rules? If he escapes, break a wall, use any superpower (X-ray is a no-no), try to remove bombs inside walls or to contact someone, you will detonate all bombs. That means that in the nest (he will survive, children no), and in the parents room, that you can show him on a monitor (no audio!).
The parents' room is very far, on the opposite side of the complex, at least half a mile BELOW the actual room. This prevent Superman to discover it prematurely (he cames from above, and the children room come first), and spoil any attempt to hyper-speed carry all prisoners.

Now you have Superman locked inside a room. You can wait for him to weaken (no solar radiation underground), or you can use kryptonite or red sun radiation. If you don't have some stuff like this (like, you are in the real world), go to next step.

PART FOUR: Psycho-mess
Care for the children. Give them (by automatized service through very small holes, never go near the room yourself) food, water, non technological toys. But no TV or playstation.
Instead, give them daily educational program, full of xenophobe propaganda, without fanaticism of any sort. Keep it soft, you must fake a true mind-programming center. The presence of Superman should be played as "accidental". Yes, you are the paranoic bastard that landmine the whole complex just for security. Don't allow Superman to think that it's aimed against him.
But as he is present, take any chance to teach to the "glorious citizen of to tomorrow" that aliens are bad. Very bad. Hitler was a cake, compared. There is no problem to prove that superman actually attract bunches of alien, madman and villains from every corner of the world and the universe. Point your finger against him.

Yes, you have to use psychology again the super boyscout. Why? Because it works. Make him feel sorry, put lot of doubts in his mind. Blame him, and don't forget to remember him that he can't go away or the children explode. Make it a metaphor: all humanity is in hostage of alien super dudes.

To get extra points, declare that one of the toddlers is your own baby. Yes, you will put your own son in a mind control program. and yes, you will risk to kill him to keep an alien where he can't "poison the humanity". Don't use your real son, obviously.

Chance are that in a few days, you can deal with him to release all kidnapped if he use his heat vision to kill himself. He can do.
If you can provide some less gruesome means, do it. Lethal poisons in ridiculous dosage should help, but don't give him for dead until AFTER you see his head rolling.
Be nice - you must ALWAYS be nice during mind-messing: determinate, but nice. No fanaticism here. Allow him to record a message for friends and for the world (you can delete it later, or sell to a network for any price). Give him some privacy, and hope for him to fall in it. If he does, put the corpse in a furnace and wait for it to deplete all sun power and burn.
If he doesn't break... back to plan A. Wait for him to deplete power, and then kill him with a laser beam.

PART FIVE: when everything fails
If it fails, you are doomed - Superman will find you and get revenge. Don't fall in the temptation to remote control all the operation, it will open tons of security leaks. You can try to create a fake decoy AI to blame, and hide yourself in a very small lead covered room, inside the anonymous gigantic air pump and automated kitchen. But in this case, you must stay there from the begin of the operation - days, I mean. And there are chances that you will be found anyway. Claim to be a goon, and give him a trace that bring to a paranoid Batman plan. Could work.

Don't forget to activate all bombs. You don't want witnesses, and maybe you can give Superman the shock that snaps his mind. Worth a try.

You are missing an important detail: Superman is going to be missing for a couple of days. That raises questions that will undoubtly lead to an investigation leaded by the JL (possibly Batman himself). I wouldn't want to be you if Batman is looking for you.

Laurentio II
2008-07-24, 08:15 AM
You are missing an important detail: Superman is going to be missing for a couple of days. That raises questions that will undoubtly lead to an investigation leaded by the JL (possibly Batman himself). I wouldn't want to be you if Batman is looking for you.
But was it really necessary do FULLY QUOTE a page-length post? Call it reader friendly...

Ok, Superman is missing. And so? He did several times, with absolutely no consequence at all. No one cares if another hero misses some days, if not for plot request.
Anyway, let's see that we fear a plot to call JL or Batman attention on Superman absence. Do we have to tell that he is somewhere else?
NO! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RevealingCoverup)

It never work. So we have to suppose that every other hero is here to search for Superman. We can't hide, we can't fight. But we can keep them busy.
Pay someone to spread the voice that Superman is missing. Set a couple of bomb somewhere, namely Smallville and Metropolis. Put toxic gas device into the Tube, and so on. Everything must be pre-set to work alone, without requiring you to push a button or give an order.
This should work if you are just an ordinary guy.

If you, on the other hand, have the standard means of a villain, take some Earth item that has a value in the Intergalactic Market, and do a call to Lobo (or some big alien mercenary, but Lobo is very apt). Pay him to land on Earth, claim that he is "paying a visit back to Superman", on the ground that he just jailed a criminal that is related to his employer. In space.
This is actually easy to believe, gives the hint that Superman is far from Earth, and you don't have Lobo to try to lie (as he is awful in that).
Bonus: to take revenge against "Earth heroes", send Lobo to cause mass jail escape from Arkham and every meta-human security place. He will do happily, so there are lower chance of the inevitable (on a long distance) heel-face turn.
And when you release dozen of villains in a matter of hours, JL is busy for a much longer time.

Remember, this plan is all but secure. It's just easy, and doesn't require great organization, and it wont call attention on your plan if you use standard procedure (like sending a robot to recruit Lobo, paying him in advance and giving full detail, with a self destruct procedure after the task).

Just remember that this is just a delay. But after a couple of day, tailing Superman is impossible, as he is a very fast flyer. The only lead could be the person giving him the first information, and he is gone already.
Just fear the occasional hero investigating on the kidnapped families. But you took your time, and every precaution, to prevent it. Otherwise, you deserved to fail.

TheRiov
2008-07-24, 08:29 AM
You really need to look up what deus ex machina means. (literally "God from the machine")

A deus ex machina refers to a PREVIOUSLY UNMENTIONED plot development that brings about the resolution of a problem

It refers to greek dramas where the plot would reach some unresolvable point and then one of the gods was lowered on to the stage (via a 'machine')and resolves the problems that the main characters are unable to resolve themselves.

Kryptonite is NOT a deus ex machina. Its always been a limitation of the Superman mythos and its always been his weakness. The term you're looking for (greek, not latin) is Achillies Heel.

It is a NECESSARY limitation on Superman's power. You cannot create a character with vast powers without giving them a weakness. What you're proposing is "How do you kill Achillies if his mom actually got his heel protected too?" --the whole POINT of the character is that they have a weakness.

Deploy
2008-07-24, 11:11 AM
Wow ,Laurentio! I'm sure you were fun in class. Anyway I found your plan absolutely diabolical. Of couse my plan uses your plan quite a bit except it breaks superman's spirit no matter what. You come on the video screen with a gun to Lois Lne's head. This of course is a pre-recorded video telling Super-man to come to metropolis right now or you will shoot Lois Lane. if he gos to save Lois he kills all those children. Now super-man will stop at nothing to save Lois ,so he breaks through the wall killing the children. He arrives at Metropolis to find a video showing that Lois Lane was in fact in the complex and that he killed her Superman is now in a state of depression and won't get in your or any of the people who hired yous way. Finish your plan by laughing like a maniac!

krossbow
2008-07-24, 01:03 PM
It is a NECESSARY limitation on Superman's power.

A necessary weakness is a believable and naturally occuring one. Examples include storms claustrophobia, or scott summer's inability to control his powers without a visor.

Its one that you will logically see as "a weakness". Kryptonite is artificial, a horrible plot device, and frankly unbelievable. Its a mineral that should be incredibly rare, but is neccessitated to be incredibly common.

Red sunlight, mind control, Magical effects, and other such weaknesses are actual ones, as they are very common in a common book world, and not limited to a single being. Kryptonite is the very definition of a cop out.

I second that laurentio's plan is incredibly diabolical, and i have a hard time finding a way out of that for superman. It plays upon his will and mind beautifully.
The only possible downfall i could see would be the possibility of driving superman insane and then having a pissed off morally questionable superbeing to deal with.

grinner666
2008-07-24, 01:45 PM
for this thread, i'm going to rule out kryptonite, since its such a ridiculous plot device, as well as the use of god-beings such as doomsday or darkseid.

And here I was, about to suggest a Barret Light .50 and Kryptonite bullets at a range of about half a mile ... somewhere you know he's going to show up, like JLA HQ. After all, he never DODGES bullets because he knows they're not going to do him any damage. A surprise attack, one headshot, one dead hero.

Threeshades
2008-07-24, 02:28 PM
And here I was, about to suggest a Barret Light .50 and Kryptonite bullets at a range of about half a mile ... somewhere you know he's going to show up, like JLA HQ. After all, he never DODGES bullets because he knows they're not going to do him any damage. A surprise attack, one headshot, one dead hero.

You should shoot him in the eye then, as payback for the lame slomo shot in the equally lame movie.

krossbow
2008-07-24, 06:06 PM

Thinking about that, isn't that basically the gist of batman's "neutralize flash" plan? Shoot him with a special phazing bullet and count on him just attempting to vibrate past it?

Jayngfet
2008-07-24, 06:15 PM
Poke him with a random object. If the thundercats crossover is anything to go by he'll be weak to that.

Gavin Sage
2008-07-24, 07:57 PM
I see people talking about Kryptonite bullets. Thing is Supes HAS been shot like that by Metallo before so don't think it will be easy. Sure its potentially fatal but according to Batman while treating the wound, the Kyrptonite slows Supes' healing factor (yes he has one) allowing the bullet to be extracted not unlike what might happen to a normal person.

So if you are gonna go with a green bullet, make it something like a shot-gun with many small pieces of Kryptonite, or even a BB gun since I hear those are almost impossible to extract. The point is low power, so you don't shoot through the Man of Steel. Once you have the proper material start doing small level crime in Metropolis, possibly with some manipulative graffiti or murder to draw Superman. Then in the middle of robbing the 7-11, he comes flying down and you let loose. With luck Superman now has a chest/head full of small pieces of green-k. That will be much harder to treat in time. If your luck holds haul him off into an alley or throw him in a car trunk or something to prevent Superman being rushed to the hospital.

As I remember it she last fought Supes for some time score several very good hit and matching stroke for stroke before realizing that Supes had more endurance then her and proceding to go an kill Maxwell Lord to stop Supes by proxy. Which ranks enough to be on a list of people who would gang-up and take Supes on enmasse.

krossbow
2008-07-24, 08:22 PM
As I remember it she last fought Supes for some time score several very good hit and matching stroke for stroke before realizing that Supes had more endurance then her and proceding to go an kill Maxwell Lord to stop Supes by proxy. Which ranks enough to be on a list of people who would gang-up and take Supes on enmasse.

Eh, she's fought him multiple times; i'll concede the point that wonder woman's power's fluctuate wildly.

WNxHasoroth
2008-07-24, 08:51 PM
A platoon of Dan Daly's with Adeptus Custodes genetic enhancement, Terminator Armor, and Assault Cannons with Kryptonite-core Bolt Rounds.

I know, no Kryptonite, but I enjoyed the nerd-rush from the above sentence.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-24, 09:27 PM
It's showing that no one has refuted my time-travel method =).

kpenguin
2008-07-25, 12:12 AM

If you're going to use time travel, then why not just kill Superman in the womb?

EDIT: Or his father. Or his grandfather. Or his great-grandfather. Or the Kryptonian's evolutionary ancestors.

krossbow
2008-07-25, 12:33 AM

Eh Gog traveled back in time and killed superman before (granted, he didn't use time travel to kill him, but rather so he could kill him an almost unlimited number of times).

The problem with killing him in the past is that anytime you mess with time, you piss off a host of ultra (I say ultra instead of super as they are literally greater than superman himself) powered beings. You could kill superman, you could kill a cockroach, either way, time travel inevitably alerts beings of incredible power.

kpenguin
2008-07-25, 12:46 AM
Eh Gog traveled back in time and killed superman before (granted, he didn't use time travel to kill him, but rather so he could kill him an almost unlimited number of times).

The problem with killing him in the past is that anytime you mess with time, you piss off a host of ultra (I say ultra instead of super as they are literally greater than superman himself) powered beings. You could kill superman, you could kill a cockroach, either way, time travel inevitably alerts beings of incredible power.

If you didn't want to piss off ultra powerful beings, why kill Superman in the first place?

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-25, 01:00 AM
Actually, you missed the metaphysical part of my method. See, for this to work you, the writer, travel back in time now; then, 'in-universe', drop a bomb on Superman when he was far more vulnerable than in later comics :smallwink:.

Laurentio II
2008-07-25, 01:44 AM
Wow ,Laurentio! I'm sure you were fun in class. Anyway I found your plan absolutely diabolical. Of couse my plan uses your plan quite a bit except it breaks superman's spirit no matter what. You come on the video screen with a gun to Lois Lne's head. This of course is a pre-recorded video telling Super-man to come to metropolis right now or you will shoot Lois Lane. if he gos to save Lois he kills all those children. Now super-man will stop at nothing to save Lois ,so he breaks through the wall killing the children. He arrives at Metropolis to find a video showing that Lois Lane was in fact in the complex and that he killed her Superman is now in a state of depression and won't get in your or any of the people who hired yous way. Finish your plan by laughing like a maniac!
<Lex Luthor Mode> No! No! No, no no no no! What's wrong with you brat? What's wrong? Why do you have to make it personal? You are speaking of a guy that is constantly rolling his punch to not kill metahumans on the spot, travelling light speed and able to fry Galactus1, and you want to make him mad?
What is, the Dead-Wish Discount Day? It's people like you that give us villains a bad reputation! If you want to play that game, go to Gotham City and start robbing museums2 while wearing underwear like an hat!
Rah! I had hopes for you all guy, but this is madness! You are the kind of amateur that can't keep a gauntlet of eternity on your own hand even having the whole power of the universe3. "Oh, look at me, I made Superman so angry!". Patetic! If you want to piss the big boy scout, just tell him that Captain America costume is more patriotic themed than his4. That will make him see red!
You want to make him furious and play his mind? Use the Fake Brickhouse Trick5, but don't waste a complex and balanced plan through it!
Stop! Class dismissed! Take your overlord delusion and go rob banks with your one million dollar custom weapon, losers! </Lex Luthor Mode>

No offense intended. Losers. Now, really. It's just for joke.

1 Yes, this is a shout out on Marvel. Bad for me. I won't do again.
2 Actually, museum at Gotham City are built with the express mean to be robbed. Can someone name any exhibition that was NOT robbed, assaulted or destroyed? You think that they learn from previous errors, and start showing copies. But no...
3 Again, I cited Marvel universe. Sorry, never again.
4, Ok, I lied. Sue me.
5 If you don't know this scheme, bad for you!

kpenguin
2008-07-25, 01:44 AM
Actually, you missed the metaphysical part of my method. See, for this to work you, the writer, travel back in time now; then, 'in-universe', drop a bomb on Superman when he was far more vulnerable than in later comics :smallwink:.

Why not just kill Spiegal and Shuster?

krossbow
2008-07-25, 02:08 AM
If you didn't want to piss off ultra powerful beings, why kill Superman in the first place?

touche.

Guess i can't really counter that one.

sikyon
2008-07-25, 12:03 PM
Kryptonite sniper rifle. For some reason or the other, superman can't dodge kryptonite bullets (Superman/batman). Batman does it in an alternate universe. Just snipes superman with a kryptonite bullet. Make sure to shoot him in the head with it.

krossbow
2008-07-25, 09:43 PM
Best way:

Kidnap Muhammad Ali and place him on a world with a red sun. Tell superman that you will kill Ali unless he comes to save him. Pay ali a million dollars to beat the piss out of superman when he gets there.

problem solved

mroozee
2008-07-25, 09:54 PM
If this were the real world and I wanted to defeat Superman, I would probably...

...use the same sort of tactic that Veidt uses against Dr. Manhattan. That is, convince Superman that his very presence on Earth is killing people and get him to leave of his own accord.

jerichodrumm
2008-07-25, 10:19 PM
Best way:

Kidnap Muhammad Ali and place him on a world with a red sun. Tell superman that you will kill Ali unless he comes to save him. Pay ali a million dollars to beat the piss out of superman when he gets there.

problem solved

http://www.supermantv.net/articles/ali/ali_article.jpg
http://www.supermantv.net/articles/ali/ali_article3.jpg

krossbow
2008-07-25, 10:28 PM
Thats what i was referencing there. Its infamous, like Lex luthor stealing 40 cakes.

And thats terrible.

Ethrael
2008-07-26, 02:46 AM
What about the classic villain act: take someone he loves/likes/is on good terms ?with and threaten to kill them unless he kills himself or does something for you This is assuming I'd be able to hold him off if he comes looking for them...

Green Bean
2008-07-26, 08:56 AM
What about the classic villain act: take someone he loves/likes/is on good terms ?with and threaten to kill them unless he kills himself or does something for you This is assuming I'd be able to hold him off if he comes looking for them...

Problem is, everyone tries that and it never works. Heck, most of the time, it just makes him fight harder.

Jural
2008-07-27, 12:41 AM
I think someone refuted it, then you went back in time and edited their post.

kwanzaabot
2008-08-17, 08:11 AM
Can Superman escape a black hole? If not, i'd use one of those. :smalltongue:

Or you could lace Metropolis's drinking water with Kryptonite. The citizens would remain relatively unharmed*, and Superman would be poisoned without ever knowing what happened.

*what with long-term exposure resulting in cancer, but for the sake of the story, let's assume it doesn't in this case.

Gavin Sage
2008-08-17, 08:52 AM
If you're going to use time travel, then why not just kill Superman in the womb?

EDIT: Or his father. Or his grandfather. Or his great-grandfather. Or the Kryptonian's evolutionary ancestors.

Booster Gold will stop anyone trying to use time travel to kill Superman before he was born. (For that matter already has...)

K2
2008-09-13, 05:58 PM
Grind up some kryptonite(sp) into a fine dust and then just release it into the air. The boy scout inhales and it becomes lodged in his lungs. He will die of green lung eventually.

Green Bean
2008-09-13, 07:16 PM
Grind up some kryptonite(sp) into a fine dust and then just release it into the air. The boy scout inhales and it becomes lodged in his lungs. He will die of green lung eventually.

They're tried that already. Superman calls in a favour, and one of his more technical-minded friends uses nanobots to clean up the dust.

chiasaur11
2008-09-13, 07:32 PM
Booster Gold will stop anyone trying to use time travel to kill Superman before he was born. (For that matter already has...)

Ah, Booster Gold.

He's the ultimate thorn in any time ruler wannabe's side.

Of course, Rip Hunter's fairly good at that stuff himself.

K2
2008-09-13, 07:38 PM
They're tried that already. Superman calls in a favour, and one of his more technical-minded friends uses nanobots to clean up the dust.

cheap. very cheap. there is no telling to how much I hate that boy scout.

Right, this: create flying robotic arms that break every thing down into raw material and then build more identical arms. Unleash these arms on the far side of the universe and tell them to come this way, by the time they get here they should have assembled enough mass concentrated into tight of enough space to cause the universe to end.

Not as original as I would like it to be, but villains can be thieves.

lordofthe_wog
2008-09-13, 07:44 PM
If this were the real world and I wanted to defeat Superman, I would probably...

...use the same sort of tactic that Veidt uses against Dr. Manhattan. That is, convince Superman that his very presence on Earth is killing people and get him to leave of his own accord.

Wait, that isn't his purpose? (http://superdickery.com/index.php?view=article&catid=28%3Asuperdickery&id=69%3Asuperman-qi-killed-lois-lane&option=com_content&Itemid=24) Because he seems to kill a LOT of people.

chiasaur11
2008-09-13, 08:00 PM
cheap. very cheap. there is no telling to how much I hate that boy scout.

Right, this: create flying robotic arms that break every thing down into raw material and then build more identical arms. Unleash these arms on the far side of the universe and tell them to come this way, by the time they get here they should have assembled enough mass concentrated into tight of enough space to cause the universe to end.

Not as original as I would like it to be, but villains can be thieves.

Go to Hell and beat it up until it'll do him a favor.

He could take the place single handed, after all. Not polish it off for good, sure, but...

Ravens_cry
2008-09-14, 01:14 AM
Here is a plan for a chessmaster/mad scientist villain.
Create a product, extremely lucrative and beneficial to all humanity, that as a by product of production releases minuscule amounts of kryptonite into the atmosphere. The release the plans on the internet, claiming "I want to share this great thing to the world, not hiding behind patents" and actually mean it, this is actually help people. Soon plants open all over the world, and you are applauded as a Hero of Humanity. Superman himself thanks you. You continue to do good works, and help others, never committing acts of villeny, confident that with time, Superman, will, die.

Vossik
2008-09-14, 02:33 AM
Didn't Lobo single handedly take out the major DC heroes at one point? It's been a while since I read Lobo, so I could be wrong. *leaves to reread*

EDIT: Yeah I think I am wrong... God it has been a while, I don't really care for DC outside of some Batman.

Tamburlaine
2008-09-14, 05:28 PM
Killing Superman: A beginner's guide

By Tamburlaine

An obvious way to kill a powerful opponent is to exploit their largest weakness, so let us start by asking: what is Superman's greatest weakness? I would contend that this weakness is not kryptonite, but instead the veritable army of powerful enemies he has made through years of irritating heroics. It is these enemies that will make this plan to kill Superman a success, where so many others have failed.

Step one - Build, or otherwise acquire, a mechanism that reliably creates credible visual illusions, of sufficient quality to fool "Big Blue", at least for a short while. Tis should be a simple matter for the modern supervillain, but it is imperative that no illegal actions be taken in this step, as attracting the attention of Superman, or any other so-called "superhero" could be catastrophic at this stage.

Step two - Seek audience with Darkseid, ruler of Apokolips, and in return for the promise of Superman's heart on a pike, obtain a motherbox, or some other method of producing a Boom Tube.

Step three - Using the illusion device to impersonate Metron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metron_(comics)) of the New Gods, appear before Superman via Boom Tube and tell him you have discovered 'Something important. Something to do with Krypton.'

Step four - Tell him that you have witnessed Krypton's destruction via time travel, and that you have discovered that its inhabitants did not die when it exploded, but instead their essences were stolen by the entity known as Parallax moments before the cataclysm. Superman, doubtless desperate to know more, will ask what happened to them; to this you will reply that you do not know, but you know who does: Sinestro, Parallax's mortal champion, imprisoned on Oa by the Green Lantern Corps.

Step five - Using a little elementary manipulation, it should be simple enough to fill Superman with rage against Sinestro, who, it seems, has been laughing at him about his family's true fate for years. Filled with rage, Superman flies to Oa to interrogate Sinestro. Here the plan hinges on Superman's anger being great enough to stop him explaining to the Green Lanterns, instead trying to get past them and, by necessity, fight them. (This type of misunderstanding between heroes seems to be surprisingly common, to our advantage. For more information please see Stupid Supers: Why Good is Dumb by the same author)

Step six - Superman battles the Green Lantern Corps; enjoy the show.

Step seven - Once things look to be calming down, attack the weakened Superman and GLC with the forces of Darkseid and the remainder of the Sinestro Corps, here to rescue their leader.

Step eight - Should Superman perish, rejoice in your victory. Otherwise, escape via Boom Tube to try again later.

Of course, as the saying goes, "no plan survives contact with the enemy" and, as such, this plan represents an ideal situation and cannot account for all eventualities; improvisation where necessary is the key to success.

The Author, while accepting no liability for the effects of plan failure, reserves the right to take credit if "Big Blue" bites the bullet.

kopout
2008-09-14, 06:53 PM
lure him into a bilding withe red sun lamps and shot him untel he stops moving

T.Titan
2008-09-19, 08:32 AM
Do what every other genius in the DCU seems to stupid to do... use red sunlight lasers... (well they did use them in the annual with Zod and the kryptonian criminals taking over Metropolis, but that's hardly enough times).

krossbow
2008-09-19, 09:33 AM
Truth be told, if you have lex luther level income, it should be really easy to find out who superman is.

Given his general presence in metropolis, its easy to infer that he lives there. Also, since he doesn't wear gloves, he should leave behind fingerprints.

Initiate a year or two long program in which you attempt to systematically gather and catagorize the fingerprints of everyone in metropolis. This would be incredibly long and arduous, but when you literally have BILLIONS to use, it would be easy to hire some specialists do to this incredibly painstakingly long process.

Once this is done, just punch in these prints and any of the prints supes leaves behind into a computer and find out that he's clark kent.

It becomes FAR easier to kill him once you know where he is; hell, just find out where he shops, gets his shoes from, ect. Superman doesn't X-ray scan everything he uses. All you'd have to do would be make a kryptonite laced bomb and stick it in his car, or possibly even lace the inside of one of the foodstuffs he eats with kryptonite.

charl
2008-09-19, 12:56 PM
You don't have to kill Superman to get rid of him. Just call up Lex Luthor and use his resources to create a huge international marketing program targeted against Superman. He will go all emo and probably leave Earth as soon as people start hating him.

EDIT: Another possible idea is to get one of the Flashes or someone else with Speedforce powers to simply plunge Superman into the Speedforce and leave him there.

Ravens_cry
2008-09-19, 01:30 PM
How about setting it up so that superman is tricked into going into a portible hole, then crumple up the whole and keep it in a small steel safe with red sunlamps shining on the inside and filled with kryptonite gas.

T-O-E
2008-09-19, 01:41 PM
Create a product, extremely lucrative and beneficial to all humanity, that as a by product of production releases minuscule amounts of kryptonite into the atmosphere. The release the plans on the internet, claiming "I want to share this great thing to the world, not hiding behind patents" and actually mean it, this is actually help people. Soon plants open all over the world, and you are applauded as a Hero of Humanity. Superman himself thanks you. You continue to do good works, and help others, never committing acts of villeny, confident that with time, Superman, will, die.

Isn't kryptonite also a carcinogen.

Isolder74
2008-09-19, 01:53 PM

Yes, One plot point is Luthor getting Kryponite cancer.

Ravens_cry
2008-09-19, 01:56 PM
Then make the product a cure for cancer, that way nobody will notice the increase in cancer patiants, because they will all be cured.

snoopy13a
2008-09-19, 04:46 PM
How about Bizzaro-Superman :smalltongue: ?

Aquillion
2008-09-19, 06:05 PM
How about Bizzaro-Superman :smalltongue: ?Killing Bizzaro-Superman is easy. Just point out to him that Superman is alive.

Weiser_Cain
2008-09-19, 06:47 PM
Warning, somewhat gruesome.
Get close to him, I don't know kidnap Lois or something break out the K stuff and stab him in the heart and cut him apart put his head in a meat grinders bury it all on a moonless night. Kill Lois.

charl
2008-09-19, 07:14 PM
Get close to him, I don't know kidnap Lois or something break out the K stuff and stab him in the heart and cut him apart put his head in a meat grinders bury it all on a moonless night. Kill Lois.

Don't kill Lois. She's a reporter. Have her write a story about how you managed to kill Superman and make Olson take before and after pictures. Then send two autographed copies of the newspaper story (with pictures) to Lex Luthor and the Justice League.
Then take the nearest boom tube away from Earth and pray that it's enough to escape the wrath of Batman.

chiasaur11
2008-09-19, 07:33 PM

Heat vision.

Super Breath.

Telescopic and X-Ray vision.

Sonic boom clap.

Super static electricity.

Ravens_cry
2008-09-19, 08:14 PM
Heat vision.

Super Breath.

Sonic boom clap.

Super Weaving.

Nevrmore
2008-09-19, 08:29 PM
Punch him really, really hard.

Also you have to be nigh-indestructible and have a body that quick becomes immune to attacks. Oh, and be the antagonist of a contrived plotline.

Weiser_Cain
2008-09-19, 08:31 PM
Don't kill Lois. She's a reporter. Have her write a story about how you managed to kill Superman and make Olson take before and after pictures. Then send two autographed copies of the newspaper story (with pictures) to Lex Luthor and the Justice League.
Then take the nearest boom tube away from Earth and pray that it's enough to escape the wrath of Batman.

Yeah exactly, I don't want to be know as the guy that killed superman. That's why Lois dies.

Heat vision.

Super Breath.

Sonic boom clap.

Kryptonite takes care of his powers once the trap is sprung before that wrap the Kryptonite in lead, Best if the place is lousy with lead to throw off supicion of the particular package. He'd come even if he knew it was a trap anyway. My edge is in not gloating and just killing him as soon as possible then verifying the kill and making sure he won't just get back up (without a major editorial mandate). Another reason to kill Lois is to assure she doesn't get magical all of a sudden then up and magic a more ruthless man of steel back to life to twist my head off.

charl
2008-09-19, 08:46 PM
Yeah exactly, I don't want to be know as the guy that killed superman. That's why Lois dies.

Except Batman would figure you out anyway. That's what he does. The good news is that the worst Batman would do to you is to lock you in Arkham, but still.

The Tygre
2008-09-19, 08:54 PM
Most obvious method:

1.) Get someone from a Vertigo comic to do it. Chances are, if you hit a Neil Gaiman or Mike Carey comic, the man in blue will literally be dead in the span of a thought.

The convoluted method:

2.) Craft two knives out of kryptonite to perfect sharpness; no hilt, no handle, just one long smooth blade. Keep these ready. Before beginning the actual plan, do some crime. And I don't mean little crimes, like bank-robbery. No, I mean just plain Evil crimes. Grand, but not too grand, local for lack of a better description. In other words, rape the dog at least once (literally if you can help it, with all cameras on you). This way, everyone knows you aren't bluffing when you pull out your grand scheme. This is crucial; you must have two midgets. Why midgets, you may ask? So you can pass them off as babies from a distance. Make sure these midgets are willing to kill for hire. Most importantly, make sure they have jet-packs; if possible, make them assassin droids. Have them keep some spare kryptonite just in case. Give them your kryptonite knives. Now here comes the actual action.
Once all components are in place, go to the top of the tallest building in Metropolis that isn't the Daily Planet. Tip off the local news crews, anonymously, to your dastardly deeds. All lights on, full media coverage, present yourself holding the two 'babies' by their ankles, and keep saying that you're going to drop them. If three hours pass and Superman doesn't show up, 'bash' the 'babies' heads in with your bare fists (just barely out of sight, of course), and keep some fake blood nearby for extra effect. You will still have your resources and lost the gambit, but you have successfully destroyed the public reputation of Superman. He, the archetypical angel of protection, failed to stop you, a mere low-level psycopath, from killing and possibly devouring two helpless babies. However, one should naturally assume that Superman will show up. In this case, drop the 'babies' out of sheer terror and run like Hell. When Superman catches the first baby, he will doubtlessly, in a split second of inattention, focus on catching the next. In that moment, your assassin jabs the kryptonite knife into Superman's eye, and leaves it there as his team-mate punches it in further and shoves his own knife (hopefully) into Superman's brain. The midgets activate their jet-packs and fly away with you. Should Superman still not be dead after two knives made out of his one weakness are lodged into his brain, run. Your ass is about to be kicked, paladin style. But everything's awesome if you win. You find Lex Luthor, you kick back a few drinks, and overall have a good time.

chiasaur11
2008-09-19, 09:23 PM

Kryptonite takes care of his powers once the trap is sprung before that wrap the Kryptonite in lead, Best if the place is lousy with lead to throw off supicion of the particular package. He'd come even if he knew it was a trap anyway. My edge is in not gloating and just killing him as soon as possible then verifying the kill and making sure he won't just get back up (without a major editorial mandate). Another reason to kill Lois is to assure she doesn't get magical all of a sudden then up and magic a more ruthless man of steel back to life to twist my head off.

Freeze you from a mile away with super breath as soon as he sees you got Lois.

Done.

Aquillion
2008-09-19, 09:34 PM
The problem with using hidden kryptonite is that it doesn't account for his super-speed. He can rush in, save Lois, and tie you up before you get a chance to open your lead-lined box.

charl
2008-09-19, 09:36 PM
1.) Get someone from a Vertigo comic to do it. Chances are, if you hit a Neil Gaiman or Mike Carey comic, the man in blue will literally be dead in the span of a thought.

This is not a bad idea, considering most if not all earlier Vertigo comics were canon within the DCU.

chiasaur11
2008-09-19, 09:58 PM
This is not a bad idea, considering most if not all earlier Vertigo comics were canon within the DCU.

Yeah.

I figure if anyone could do it, John Constantine could.

On the other hand, any demonic Verigo characters would be beaten silly.

See Superman #666

The Tygre
2008-09-25, 07:18 AM
On the other hand, any demonic Verigo characters would be beaten silly.

See Superman #666

I'm not talking about demonic, I'm talking about pure COSMIC. Lucifer, Michael, Elaine Belloc...hell, at this point Mazikeen, as the official Morningstar for this reality could do it.

Now choosing among the Endless is the tough part. Dream or Desire might be just petty and spiteful enough to devote energy to killing Superman (at least the old Dream). Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Superman fight Destiny? That may have been Destiny's first appearance.

The Glyphstone
2008-10-05, 11:05 PM
Email him a link to http://superdickery.com/. He'll probably kill himself out of shame.

Laurentio II
2008-10-06, 02:14 AM
Thread opener post.

how would you go about killing superman? tactically i mean.

what strategies do you think would be the most useful for killing the man of steel, and what methods?

for this thread, i'm going to rule out kryptonite, since its such a ridiculous plot device, as well as the use of god-beings such as doomsday or darkseid (since thats not "killing" superman so much as "who would win in a fight?).

Kryptonite Ban:

Kick the ground to produce some kryptonite.(Yes, I erred too. Then I redeemed)

Shadow cat
All kitty has to do is here is phase a piece of kryponite into him, or something equally as mean, like say a steel bar through his heart. The only problem is sup’s heat vision will probably be able to disrupt her phased state (Deuce Ex Machina if you ask me).

Kryptonite sniper rifle. For some reason or the other, superman can't dodge kryptonite bullets (Superman/batman). Batman does it in an alternate universe. Just snipes superman with a kryptonite bullet. Make sure to shoot him in the head with it.

Create a product, extremely lucrative and beneficial to all humanity, that as a by product of production releases minuscule amounts of kryptonite into the atmosphere. [CUT[

2.) Craft two knives out of kryptonite to perfect sharpness; no hilt, no handle, just one long smooth blade.

God Beings Ban:

Jean Grey
Rip his body apart at the molecular level? Come one she’s the freaking Phoenix , her power is only limited by her imagination.

Note: please, should someone reply to this, there is NO NEED to quote the whole page.

Weiser_Cain
2008-10-06, 09:01 AM
Translation: I'm not going to offer anything new but I did dig this up to tell you you're all doing it wrong!

Anywho replace the big K with red sun radiation and you get the same results as my use of the K stuff is to remove his powers not relying on it to kill him.

Laurentio II
2008-10-06, 12:32 PM
Translation: I'm not going to offer anything new but I did dig this up to tell you you're all doing it wrong!
You can put it this way, and be right.
Or, you could consider that I already posted an elaborate plan, and offered some other comment, and I'd like to see something better than "stab it with Kryptonite", and still be right.
Pompous? Yes.

Anywho replace the big K with red sun radiation and you get the same results as my use of the K stuff is to remove his powers not relying on it to kill him.
That would be better. Red sun radiation devices require a little (just a little) more inventive, because you need to shield Superman from yellow sun radiation at the same time.
A little at a time... I'm not in haste.

Weiser_Cain
2008-10-06, 01:43 PM
Study Magic and become powerful. Cast a death spell on Superman. Wear his costume as pajamas.

sentaku
2008-10-06, 01:49 PM
Create or commission a ship that is designed to travel between worlds to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before*.

Now convince superman that he should join the crew either

1. because he suspects that you have evil plans ( and batman is busy) so he goes along to stop you.

2. because he is need to protect the crew

3. because it would make a great story

in any case ensure that no one knows who he is and that is wheres a red shirt (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt) and is sent on the first away mission as the only red shirt.

AstralFire
2008-10-06, 01:51 PM
Unfortunately, you realize too late that your crew is dressed like ToS-Movie or TNG and later, so you just made him a ranking member. >.>

Nevrmore
2008-10-06, 02:10 PM
Am I the only one who finds it more than a little absurd that the premise of this thread is "Hey, I bet you guys can't figure out a way to kill this guy! Oh, but you can't suggest using his weaknesses or anybody that's stronger than him."?

ericgrau
2008-10-06, 02:20 PM
Infiltrate the DC printing press to add an extra step in the printing process. Create an alternate, poorly written version of the latest arc in the Superman comic, yet similar enough that DC might not notice and dull enough that word might not get out (except that the recent comics are "bad"). On certain, select pages, the DC version is printed over your version with ink that deteriorates after a few days.

Wait for sales to tank and let DC take care of the rest.

AstralFire
2008-10-06, 02:24 PM
Am I the only one who finds it more than a little absurd that the premise of this thread is "Hey, I bet you guys can't figure out a way to kill this guy! Oh, but you can't suggest using his weaknesses or anybody that's stronger than him."?

Not really. Nuking Gotham City while Bruce was at a function in the middle of town would screw over Batsy pretty bad, but it defeats the point of the thought exercise.

Weiser_Cain
2008-10-06, 02:51 PM

Nope, but my little brother does this so I'm use to it. 'Think of way's to kill superman I haven't' should be the threads title.

By the way, Batman has Radiation suits and early warning devices.

Here's one, Splice genes from The Doomsday monster and Lobo together. After the tube blows up in you hand and ravages your corpse while cracking wise it'll move on killing everything not remotely dolphin shaped. Supes will try to kill him destroying the planet. Enraged Lobocide tears across the universe. After much crying superman will go after Lobonarok Destroying countless civilizations Loboocalypse actually missed the first time through. Till they end up in an old part of space, where Dethbo points out there's more red star radiation than yellow and that all along he's had a gun made of kryptonite but without his help it'd have take five times as long to kill all life in this sector of space. As a 'thank you' Loborex guts the man of steel with a hook made of compressed red star matter he's had since like issue six rather than let him suffocate once that breath he was holding ran out.

Laurentio II
2008-10-06, 03:21 PM
Superman = use kryptonite
Hulk = shoot Bruce Banner in the brain
Spider Man = push a child filled with explosive from a building

And now, for something more challenging?
The purpose of the thread is not humiliating people by asking demented questions, but asking the best from our imagination.

Or, if you prefer, just remember that kryptonite never worked...

Weiser_Cain
2008-10-06, 03:34 PM
It's not that Kryptonite doesn't work, it's that sales were too good to kill him.

TheEmerged
2008-10-06, 08:55 PM

No, I'm pretty sure I mentioned this on the first page of the post. Something about the prohibition being as absurd as asking how to beat someone at chess without using pawns? :smallbiggrin:

Laurentio II
2008-10-06, 10:58 PM
No, I'm pretty sure I mentioned this on the first page of the post. Something about the prohibition being as absurd as asking how to beat someone at chess without using pawns? :smallbiggrin:
This debate inside debate is almost as fun as the original.

Ok, let's say that the Kryptonite Ban is ignored. But in the heart of the thread intent, every plan to kill Superman should be original, otherwise it will quickly grow boring.
So: kill Superman with kryptonite, weak Superman with kryptonite by proximity and that kill, have Superman ingest kryptonite. Ops! I used all plots with kryptonite. My bad, it was not ever remotely intentional.

It just me, or this discussion is not going to kill Superman anyway? I means, it's like a fictional character, or so I suppose. I never visited the States, maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, postulated that Superman is not going to die in real world, it's all about bragging for our convulsed and elaborated mastermind plan (of doom), or just glueful description on the face of the Super Boyscout when we will ornate his nostrils with his own intestines?

WitchSlayer
2008-10-06, 11:27 PM
Why would I want to kill Superman? His comics have been so good lately.

krossbow
2008-10-06, 11:32 PM
Except Batman would figure you out anyway. That's what he does. The good news is that the worst Batman would do to you is to lock you in Arkham, but still.

Frank miller batman might throw you in lava or worse.

Aquillion
2008-10-06, 11:49 PM
This debate inside debate is almost as fun as the original.

Ok, let's say that the Kryptonite Ban is ignored. But in the heart of the thread intent, every plan to kill Superman should be original, otherwise it will quickly grow boring.
So: kill Superman with kryptonite, weak Superman with kryptonite by proximity and that kill, have Superman ingest kryptonite. Ops! I used all plots with kryptonite. My bad, it was not ever remotely intentional.
It's not like there are many other options...

* Use psychological warfare to make him break down and/or kill himself,
* Use mind-control or magic,
* Hit him with absolutely extreme force (post-crisis Superman only),
* Keep him away from yellow sunlight until he's stripped of his powers,
* Use some other piece of (proverbial) green rocks that strips hims of his powers or gets past his defenses.

There, unless I'm missing something, that covers just about every way to kill Superman. The last one is a little broad, but honestly, it's not like there's a huge difference between 'use red sun lanterns, then shoot him' and 'use kryptonite, then shoot him' anyway.

krossbow
2008-10-07, 12:12 AM
Its more of a thought experiment of how to defeat him without relying on a deus ex machina.

Beating superman with kryptonite has no style except in finding a dramatic way to play the anti-superman card.

Chessmaster type villians however, like lex Luther in red sun, or Batman in Red sun (ect.) beat him in ways outside the box. These ways are the ones which usually make people step back and applaud at the victory, such as When Lex luthor not only finally defeats superman with a slip of paper but manipulates him into doing exactly what he wants.

No one truly applauds defeating superman with kryptonite, but the man who defeats him with an elaborate trap or piece of paper is lauded.

Anyways, thats basically why kryptonite was prohibited.

on the matter of superman, it makes you wonder how magical a weapon has to be to affect superman. For example, if its only light magic, then Batman could easily contract low level magic practicioners to enchant bullets, missles, even poison gas possibly.

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-07, 01:33 AM
You wait for him to go to Kandor, and then you break the bottle after slipping some poison gas inside and letting everyone in there die.

Laurentio II
2008-10-07, 01:44 AM
It's not like there are many other options...

* Use psychological warfare to make him break down and/or kill himself,
* Use mind-control or magic,
* Hit him with absolutely extreme force (post-crisis Superman only),
* Keep him away from yellow sunlight until he's stripped of his powers,
* Use some other piece of (proverbial) green rocks that strips hims of his powers or gets past his defenses.

There, unless I'm missing something, that covers just about every way to kill Superman. The last one is a little broad, but honestly, it's not like there's a huge difference between 'use red sun lanterns, then shoot him' and 'use kryptonite, then shoot him' anyway.
Take a starship with timetravel technology. Go in Krypton past, present yourself as a fellow scientist to the kryptonian elitist snob scientific community. Ask for data on diseases, explaining that you are researching the universal panacea.
When you have isolated every possible kryptonian disease (eventually traveling in past times of Krypton to take culture of extincted virus or bacteria), go on a desert planet near a yellow star.

Have robots (always robots, you never touched potentially lethal virus, didn't you?) conduct experiment on human subject, until you isolate kryptonian diseases that are not dangerous for humans.
Now, you have a aerosol that can make Superman ill or kill him, your choice. As a canon rule, EVERYTHING from Krypton became stronger when under a yellow sun, so Superman hyper-metabolism can't counter the disease. And we are pretty sure that he didn't took is vaccination in the last thirty years.

Inevitably Superman will be healed by techno-docs, so keep some reserve virus to inoculate during the medical treatment to screw things. It's useful to start with something furtive, like cancer-inducing virus.

Beware: in spite of any caution you took, a virus will spread and attack humans, causing deaths by the thousands, and leading to at least a new hero arising. And, Supergirl will probably die of the same disease after a year or two, for merchandising reasons. And it's pity. I means, that body...

This plan falls under the "Green Rock" group, but admit that require original thinking.

lord_khaine
2008-10-07, 07:48 AM
Take a starship with timetravel technology. Go in Krypton past, present yourself as a fellow scientist to the kryptonian elitist snob scientific community. Ask for data on diseases, explaining that you are researching the universal panacea.
When you have isolated every possible kryptonian disease (eventually traveling in past times of Krypton to take culture of extincted virus or bacteria), go on a desert planet near a yellow star.

Have robots (always robots, you never touched potentially lethal virus, didn't you?) conduct experiment on human subject, until you isolate kryptonian diseases that are not dangerous for humans.
Now, you have a aerosol that can make Superman ill or kill him, your choice. As a canon rule, EVERYTHING from Krypton became stronger when under a yellow sun, so Superman hyper-metabolism can't counter the disease. And we are pretty sure that he didn't took is vaccination in the last thirty years.

Inevitably Superman will be healed by techno-docs, so keep some reserve virus to inoculate during the medical treatment to screw things. It's useful to start with something furtive, like cancer-inducing virus.

Beware: in spite of any caution you took, a virus will spread and attack humans, causing deaths by the thousands, and leading to at least a new hero arising. And, Supergirl will probably die of the same disease after a year or two, for merchandising reasons. And it's pity. I means, that body...

This plan falls under the "Green Rock" group, but admit that require original thinking.

this is defently a pretty original plan, though it both require time travel and actualy finding out where krypton is, as well as getting the snobby kryptonians to give you anything.

i must say the first plan was much better, it was simpler, required less resources and might even have a better chance to work.

Weiser_Cain
2008-10-07, 07:58 AM
Why not just take the ship and investigate the most powerful races in the universe (Martians, Kryptonians, etc) and rewrite the human genome so we have those powers and more. Then when superman gets here he's a feeble alien kid that amounts to nothing.

Laurentio II
2008-10-07, 08:05 AM
this is defently a pretty original plan, though it both require time travel and actualy finding out where krypton is, as well as getting the snobby kryptonians to give you anything.

i must say the first plan was much better, it was simpler, required less resources and might even have a better chance to work.
I know, I just wanted to show that not all option have been fully explored.

Asking Superman to retrieve something behind the Source Wall (it appears in the Titans / X-Men crossover) should work. Not the first one, the one that apparently is behind the first. Only Metron (maybe) returned, and only by a specific gear made by Darkseid appositely for him.

Weiser_Cain
2008-10-07, 08:08 AM
I know, I just wanted to show that not all option have been fully explored.

Asking Superman to retrieve something behind the Source Wall (it appears in the Titans / X-Men crossover) should work. Not the first one, the one that apparently is behind the first. Only Metron (maybe) returned, and only by a specific gear made by Darkseid appositely for him.

I think superman escaped from the source last year, not sure if it was canon though.

Hida Reju
2008-11-06, 12:49 AM
How to kill Superman...fake a submarine sinking that only Supes can get there fast enough to save the crew.

The plan is in two parts, pick a place so deep that the sun does not reach and to remove his ability to breath.

Rig the submarine with enough cryogenics to flash freeze about 1 mile or so of deep water. Also include a gravity well generator to drag them deeper.

He most likely will break out of this but his underwater breathing apparatus should be destroyed by the freezing, then get someone or something that constantly adds more ice to the ball as he starts to crack it or try to burn his way with heat vision. Next get someone that can fight underwater to just keep him from surfacing. I recomend someone with directed sonic attacks to keep him off balance that can be magnified underwater to even higher power.

Eventually he will drown and the lack of sunlight will reduce his power even more over a protracted fight.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-06, 07:07 AM
Speaking of cryonics, what have been the effects of exposing the man of steel to say. . .liquid helium, directly?
Has that been gone into in any comic?
Sure, he can withstand the vacuum of space with at most a breathing mask, but space isn't cold, despite what Hollywood may have to say on the matter.

Green Bean
2008-11-06, 10:43 AM
Speaking of cryonics, what have been the effects of exposing the man of steel to say. . .liquid helium, directly?
Has that been gone into in any comic?
Sure, he can withstand the vacuum of space with at most a breathing mask, but space isn't cold, despite what Hollywood may have to say on the matter.

Well, seeing as his Fortress is in the Arctic, and he doesn't seem to have a problem with the temperature, he probably has the same resistance he would to any other non-magical damage. So, you could theoretically hurt him with cold, but it would require a lot of it.

Isolder74
2008-11-06, 10:45 AM
The artic actually

Green Bean
2008-11-06, 10:47 AM
The artic actually

Whoops. Misread that Wikipedia article.:smallredface:

Texas Jedi
2008-11-06, 11:17 AM
But the arctic doesn't get nearly as cold as Liquid Helium, or Liquid Hydrogen. That is just above Absolute Zero.

Green Bean
2008-11-06, 11:36 AM
But the arctic doesn't get nearly as cold as Liquid Helium, or Liquid Hydrogen. That is just above Absolute Zero.

Yes, but I'm looking at Superman as having binary defences, that is, either he's as vulnerable to it as a normal person, or he's as resistant to it as everything else. And while there's no scientific basis for it, by comic book logic it makes sense that he's as invulnerable to heat as he is to cold.

Besides, I'm sure either of the Liquid Hs would hurt or kill him; Superman isn't invincible, he's merely very resilient. Of course, it'd probably be easier and as effective to create a really powerful laser and shoot him with it.

Oslecamo
2008-11-06, 11:45 AM
You know, if you're just strong, fast and tough enough, you can hurt and kill super man, as Apocalypse as shown

Green Bean
2008-11-06, 07:14 PM
You know, if you're just strong, fast and tough enough, you can hurt and kill super man, as Apocalypse as shown

Isn't Apocalypse Marvel? :smallconfused:

Moonshadow
2008-11-06, 07:48 PM
Rig up some sort of time machine. Go back to when Bruce's parents were killed, and ask the people who did so to make it look like Superman did it.

Go back to the future, and watch as Batman makes it his life mission to kill Superman. You know he'll get the job done.

Innis Cabal
2008-11-06, 07:56 PM

You mean doomsday.

Green Bean
2008-11-06, 09:21 PM
Rig up some sort of time machine. Go back to when Bruce's parents were killed, and ask the people who did so to make it look like Superman did it.

Go back to the future, and watch as Batman makes it his life mission to kill Superman. You know he'll get the job done.

Because, you know, Batman is all about hunting down and murdering a superhero who was all of 10 years old when the crime was committed. :smallamused:

Assassin89
2008-11-07, 12:36 AM
How about making a ray gun that replaces Superman's weakness to Kryptonite with something more common place like water or oxygen
Or make milk lethal (http://fanboys-online.com/mini.php?id=7)

chiasaur11
2008-11-08, 02:25 PM
How about making a ray gun that replaces Superman's weakness to Kryptonite with something more common place like water or oxygen
Or make milk lethal (http://fanboys-online.com/mini.php?id=7)

That's a bit Deus Ex Machina, really.

Besides, you'd need Kryptonite or Red Sun Radiation to have that work, and if you could get a clean shot with that... well, just killing him makes more sense.