PDA

View Full Version : Heero Yuy (plus G-Wing team) vs Kira Yamato (plus Archangel and crew)

Executor
2008-07-22, 12:01 AM
Okay, so i'm not much of an anime fan, but there is some I will partake in. The series I like consistently for it's high quality and compelling stories... the Gundam series. Say what you will about the dubbing, say what you will about the American editors butchering the shows (we have it better in Canada :smallbiggrin: ), say what you will about Bandai just wanting to see toys, but despite all that the Gundam series has maintained a general level of high quality. Now, my favourite two series are Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed. So let us pit two pilots against each other, Kira Yamato of the Earth Alliance Forces and Heero Yuy of... well Heero just kinda goes his own way.

Our battlespace is an asteroid field, at one end of the field we have the Archangel, deploying Kira in the Freedom and Mu La Flaga in the Aile Strike. At the opposite end of the asteroid field are the five Gundam Pilots from Wing. Heero is piloting the Wing Zero Custom as seen in Endless Waltz, and the rest of the G-Boys are also piloting the EW versions of their mobile suits. They are supported by the Preventer cruiser piloted by Sally Po and Lucrezia Noin in Endless Waltz. Their objective is to capture or destroy the Archangel, as they see it as a threat to the Earth Sphere Unified Nation (we'll suppose that there are many alternate Earths for this VS to work). The Archangel's objective is, obviously, to prevent this from happening.

So our primary battle is between Kira Yamato in the Freedom and Heero Yuy in the Wing Zero, with secondary skirmishes between Mu in the Aile Strike and the rest of the G-Boys and the Archangel itself. Who will be victorious? I can't see for sure, though my personal belief is that Heero's superior emotional stability, combat skills and the ZERO system will allow him to win over Kira.

Eita
2008-07-22, 12:02 AM
Heero wins. Why? He's Heero Yuy.

Twin2
2008-07-22, 12:10 AM
Heero wins. Why? He's Heero Yuy.

But Kira is jebus!

Eita
2008-07-22, 12:15 AM
But Kira is jebus!

Heero's a magnificent bastard. Honestly, just look at how he treats the princess.

Twin2
2008-07-22, 12:16 AM
Heero's a magnificent bastard. Honestly, just look at how he treats the princess.

But with the power of wuv and friendship Kira can make Heero better. :smallsigh:

Eita
2008-07-22, 12:18 AM
Kira fails because at their first meeting, Heero pulls a gun on him. Also, because Kira is a girly-man.

Twin2
2008-07-22, 12:29 AM
Kira fails because at their first meeting, Heero pulls a gun on him. Also, because Kira is a girly-man.

I'm pretty sure both of their plot armor protects them from small arms fire at least.

Obrysii
2008-07-22, 08:05 AM
The Wing Zero vs. the Freedom? Can we get any more one-sided?

The Wing Zero has the fire power to blow up a colony or dozens of heavily-armored (Virgo II's) mobile suits in a single blast. On top of being highly maneuverable and physically quite powerful.

Plus it has a basic mobile armor mode, making it even MORE mobile - and let's not even start with the Zero System, which more than makes up for Heero's lack of being a coordinator.

One of the most powerful mobile suits in Gundam history (I'm hard-pressed to find one more powerful, actually) vs. a considerably powerful, but not near-insta-win mobile suit (which is more comparable to the powerful suits of the UC era) ...

It'd be a fun match, but even in Berserk mode, I doubt that Kira in the Freedom would be able to match Heero in the Wing Zero.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-07-22, 09:07 AM
The fact it can blow up multiple Virgo's at once isn't quite as important as it seems. Afterall theres only...what, two people on the other team? With some decent mobility the Plot-Cannon's main double-barreled-colony-destroying-blast will likely be useless. Not counting the faster but signifigantly less powerful shots. If Kira can close he'll probably have a good chance but I have no idea since I've never seen SEED. That said is five on two really that smart of an idea? Each of the Gundam pilots is a very good pilot with top-of-the-line suits against two who I admittedly have no knowledge about.

Obrysii
2008-07-22, 09:27 AM
Keep in mind that the Wing Zero also has considerable melee prowess. Not as much as the Epyon had or the Altron Gundam has, but enough to hold its own against either.

If the Gundam Wing folks are using the Preventer ship, I assume they have the Tallgeese 3 as well. In which case ... Tallgeese 3 + Wing Zero vs. Strike Gundam and Freedom Gundam?

No contest - the former solidly defeats the latter.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-07-22, 09:38 AM
Exec specifically mentioned who was on the Preventer ship (no Zechs) so no Tallgeese 3 either which wasn't ferried around on a ship by what we see.

And to note the Wing Zero has above-average melee ability. It's when you throw in Heero Yuy and the Zero System that it becomes on par with melee-masters like Epyon and the Altron. Heero is as much the reason for Wing Zero's strength as the other way around. Put a normal pilot in the Zero and all you'll get is a psychotic pilot with an above-average gundam equipped with plot-cannon (which doesn't need a good pilot to blow **** up).

Nerd-o-rama
2008-07-22, 10:21 AM
In a contest between Gundam protagonists, the only conceivable winner is Domon Kasshu.

I'd contribute properly to this topic, but I know nothing about SEED beyond its (and Kira's) reputation. Still, I can say it's tough to be Wing Zero for raw firepower, or Heero for sheer determination.

Oh hell, the objective is just to sink Kira's battleship, right? I think the Twin Buster Rifle is more than up to the task, especially when Heero has the rest of his buddies to cover him.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-07-22, 10:38 AM
The objective is to capture or destroy Kira's thingamajig. Depending on which one is more empathized in the mission description to Heero determines if he'll just stay at a range to pick off big shots or go in for the disabling. Either way I still think it's a bit much he gets all the other gundam guys as well.

...And yes Domon Kasshu does win, for quotability if nothing else.

Kato
2008-07-22, 11:15 AM
Hm... I'll join with the Wing favorers. Heero and the other's are just expert pilots, though they lack some common sense. Archangle is of yourse the better battle ship, but it can hardly face of against five Gundams.

I just wonder... why didn't you take in Milliardo with Tallgeese III? Did you want to live a little bit of a chance to Heero&Co, hehe? I mean... honest... if we'd included the Char fanboy... he'd probably taken out the Archangel on his own.

Anyway... Callos, seconded! Domon and Rain had used a single Love-Love Sekiha Tenkyoken and blown up all the Gundams and the Archangel... with a heart shaped hole, hehe... (Milliardo and Noin had run for Mars by then... or copied the attack?... dunno)

Lord Iames Osari
2008-07-22, 11:27 AM
Heero Yuy, for the reasons that have been outlined by others above.

Now, just to make things even more interesting, what would happen if the Gundam Meisters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_characters#Gundam_Me isters) of Celestial Being (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Anno_Domini_factions#Celestial_Being) (Gundam 00 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00)) intervened in the conflict?

Mr. Scaly
2008-07-22, 11:46 AM
As much as I would LOVE to see Kira get his head handed to him, I'm beginning to think that nothing can kill that godmodding Mary Sue cretin.

Best Case Scenario: Heero blows up whatever Gundam Kira is in...and Kira survives. How? Who knows? But he's done it twice so far.

Dewey
2008-07-22, 12:38 PM
Well, IMHO Heero would win, not only for all the reasons listed above,but because Wing Zero custom is, quite frankly, cooler looking than Freedom Gundam.Yes, I realize I'm being biased and fanboyish.:smallbiggrin:.But honestly, lacking any knowledge of Gundam Seed, I'm gonna go with Heero.

Kato
2008-07-22, 02:49 PM
@ LIO:

Hehe... good questions. They are lacking in numbers compared to the Wing crew... But if we assume they are at the point at the end of the series... hm... They'd probably kick most of the Gundams except Wing Zero... But f all together go after him... he'd probably be done before. But they won't get the chance, Zero's just overpowered. Again, adding Milliardo would make it hilarious, as he's at the same level as Heero.

Vs Archangel I'd go for CB... Virtues blaster'd take it out probably and I think any of the others'd take out whiny Kira... Exia might need Trans-Am, but Lockon'd snipe him in three seconds and Doublejulliah'd finish him of in a minute I guess. (Yeah, I don't think much of Kira, sorry, SEED fans ^^')

Nerd-o-rama
2008-07-22, 02:55 PM
Gundam 00 is another one I know mainly by reputation (sorry, Iames, I'm getting around to it), but I have to wonder...

Ali al-Saachez (Throne Zwei) vs. Kira Yamato (Freedom). Ali can allegedly penetrate Plot Armor, and Kira allegedly depends on it.

Storm Bringer
2008-07-22, 03:18 PM
the primary pilots of Gundam 00 aren't actaully that good, or at least Setsuna (the main character) is repeatedly shown up by pilots in his own universe, and saved only by the sheer awesomness of his gundam in comparision to their mook-mechs.

At any rate, their are at least two pilots out their who are clearly better than him and not on his side. As for the other gundam pilots, it's not as clear if they suffer the same basic problem (that of being average pilots in really good suits), as I haven't watched most of the series, and have yet to see them fight anything but mooks.

But if Heero Yuy is a superb pilot in a high-quality suit, then he's going to own Setsuna badly.

Now, I'll admit that I havn't seen any of gundam wing (it's hard to get hold of in blighty), so i don't really know much about Heero and his leet skillz. And, to be fair, have seen less than half of the gundam 00 made so far. Maybe I'm not the best judge of their skills.

but if the offical objective of heero is to sink a single ship, then I'd say that the odds are unfairly stacked in his favour. He's carrying a gun that can do this at beyound visual ranges, and the archangel is basically doomed in that sort of fight.

I must note, however, that even the older X-105 Strike (piloted by Mu La Flaga at this point) is able to partially survive a Comic Era 'positron blaster' (freaking massive laser). I don't know if the freedom could get away with it, but at least one MS in the second series of SEED is shown to be able to shurg off one that sort of attack (piloted by Mu La Flaga, no less).

Lord Iames Osari
2008-07-22, 03:22 PM
Gundam 00 is another one I know mainly by reputation (sorry, Iames, I'm getting around to it), but I have to wonder...

Ali al-Saachez (Throne Zwei) vs. Kira Yamato (Freedom). Ali can allegedly penetrate Plot Armor, and Kira allegedly depends on it.

Yes, Ali can. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JRpzQ_YXeE&feature=related) (Warning: 7 minute Youtube vid)

Kato
2008-07-22, 04:57 PM
Hm... you might have a point there, Storm bringer.
I'll put it in spoiler, because some might not want to read...

The pilots are portrayed to be not at that big an advantage when fighting equal suits. Once the opponents either own better suits or are very experienced they lose or nearly do so. But at the end at least Lockon Stratos (omfg, Lockon...) and Alleluhia show of quite awesome skills, though both fail to... hm... finish their jobs, by different reasons.

Ari's ability to penetrate plot armor is lacking. He can finish off main cast, but he constantly failed with the main whimp. Dunno if it works against Kira... be he's not part of CB anyway. Though, I'd hand him ti Alle or Lockon. Both probably stand a chance, maybe even Trans-Am Exia.