PDA

View Full Version : nale's comeback

bentheiii
2008-07-22, 03:23 PM
maybe this is a bad time to bring this up, but I did a litle re-reading and saw some disturbing facts:
1. nale has a quite high charisma score (15 at least) since elan has 18 and their twins.
2. now that he got his beard cut off he looks exactly like elan
3. ever since nale got defeated by nale as a dashing swordsman, he became more and more aware to the fact that he is in a webcomic (addresing himself as a reoccurring villan)
4.nale has no problem with multiclassing

do you think it's possible that nale would would find scoundrel, bluff and tell him he got his mind wiped and rapier stolen, learn from him about being a dashing swordsman, kill him (as scoundrel assumed) and find elan?

or is it just me?

David Argall
2008-07-22, 03:57 PM
Well, it is mostly just you. Nale is just an NPC, so any complex plot he might try must relate more directly to the party or we never hear of it.

And D&D rules do not require any trainer, so Nale doesn't need Scroundrel to become a dashing swordsman.

Red XIV
2008-07-22, 04:03 PM
Also, as he's big on the "evil opposite" thing, Nale won't go for Dashing Swordsman (it's a class that seems to have "Chaotic Good" written all over it anyway, and Nale is Lawful Evil). He'd either go for a more LE-oriented prestige class, or do some more multiclassing with non-prestige classes to roughly approximate Dashing Swordsman's abilities in a less efficient way. The latter being more needlessly complicated would be the more Nale-like way to go.

Doug Lampert
2008-07-22, 04:42 PM
Well, it is mostly just you. Nale is just an NPC, so any complex plot he might try must relate more directly to the party or we never hear of it.

And D&D rules do not require any trainer, so Nale doesn't need Scroundrel to become a dashing swordsman.I think some prestige classes DO require a trainer. Which leaves me wondering where the first one came from. But Scoundrel knows that Elan has an evil twin (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0389.html) and he knows that he's already trained (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0391.html) Elan as a dashing swordsman. If Nale tries to get the same training from him he might just put two and two togather rather than assuming that Elan somehow had his mind wiped so selectively that he forgot the training while retaining the memory of having been trained.

T-O-E
2008-07-22, 05:12 PM
Also, as he's big on the "evil opposite" thing, Nale won't go for Dashing Swordsman (it's a class that seems to have "Chaotic Good" written all over it anyway, and Nale is Lawful Evil). He'd either go for a more LE-oriented prestige class, or do some more multiclassing with non-prestige classes to roughly approximate Dashing Swordsman's abilities in a less efficient way. The latter being more needlessly complicated would be the more Nale-like way to go.

Maybe a big bad evil guy prestige class?

Logalmier
2008-07-22, 05:30 PM
Maybe a big bad evil guy prestige class?

Well, it would have to be the opposite of the Dashing Swordsman for it to truly be an evil opposite. Maybe "The Ugly Archer-Woman" or something like that.

herrhauptmann
2008-07-22, 07:53 PM
There's a few prestige classes in the Fiendish Codex (both). Each is devoted to an archdevil or demon lord. Some are best for casters, some for blasters, some for rogues, etc. Maybe he'll take a level in one of those.

Greg
2008-07-22, 08:41 PM
2. now that he got his beard cut off he looks exactly like elan
No, he doesn't. (http://www.GiantITP.com/comics/oots0458.html)
I don't think Nale will have leveled significantly - he's just not competent enough.

Red XIV
2008-07-22, 09:41 PM
No, he doesn't. (http://www.GiantITP.com/comics/oots0458.html)
I don't think Nale will have leveled significantly - he's just not competent enough.
By that point Nale's goatee was already starting to grow back. The fact that the goatee is the only visual difference between them is a pretty important plot point for Nale's plot to swap places with Elan, after all.

Lupy
2008-07-23, 08:58 PM
I think that Nale will have put ranks into duelist, fighter, and spellsword to approximate Elan's Dashing Swordsmaness, but I'm probably wrong.