Bonus feats at 3rd, 8th, 13th, and 18thlvl
wep./armor proficiency: all pollarms and all armer except shields
weapon focus (pollarms) at 1st lvl
weapon specialization (pollarms) at 5th lvl
greater weapon focus (polarms) at 1oth lvl
Greater weapon specialization (pollarms) at 15th lvl

erikun
2008-07-22, 06:27 PM
So... a fighter without the feats? I mean, I could play a fighter, gain the exact same feats (at lowers levels to boot!), and have a dozen more feats available.

Seriously, there will need to be something more that a good reflex save to get me to run one.

RTGoodman
2008-07-22, 06:35 PM
It seems like you could just use the Fighter instead of a whole new class, since you've basically made a Fighter with fewer feats and a good Reflex save, but if you're going to make a new Pikeman class there are a few things you'll probably want.

Combat Reflexes, Standstill (I think that's what it's called), Knockback, and maybe Short Haft are a few feats that spring to mind that you could possibly do as class features. Basically, find info about reach-based Fighter builds (or Psychic Warrior I guess), and that's the sort of thing you might want. The feats you have now are sort of lackluster anyway, since the whole Weapon Focus/Specialization chain is rather weak.

Also, if you have Tome of Battle, you could probably do some cool stuff with making the Pikeman a Martial Adept class (with maneuvers for reach, mobility, defense, and stuff like that).

What exactly are you looking for for the class? More information would be helpful.