PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what V will look like when we get back to them soon

silvadel
2008-07-22, 08:00 PM
Each time V has looked progressively worse. With the last failure by birdbrained targets I wonder what the next month worth of no-trance will do to V.

Lupy
2008-07-22, 08:39 PM
*shudders* Who knows, maybe she'll be all grey or something.

tenguro
2008-07-22, 11:35 PM
Hopefully we'll find out soon enough, say within the next few strips.

kpenguin
2008-07-22, 11:43 PM
Maybe their hair is falling out.

Logalmier
2008-07-23, 06:16 PM
She'll walk up to Haley going "...brains...".

Haleyintraining
2008-07-23, 06:41 PM
Simple, s/he'll look like Belkar.

An Enemy Spy
2008-07-23, 07:02 PM
We won't know. Its hard to notice someones features when they're wearing a Darth Vader mask

Lupy
2008-07-23, 08:53 PM
I have it! V will be wearing a dunce cap with "failure" written on it! Or she'll be cloaked in darkness to hide the shame.

ARMOURERERIC
2008-07-24, 10:19 PM
Simple, s/he'll look like Belkar.

Or worse, Carrie Fisher. Actually, I'm thinking Phyillis Diller

MY COLOR IS CLEAR
MY DICE IS 8D
MY DOOM IS TWINKIES
MY ELEMENT IS STYROFOAM
AND MY CARD IS AMERICAN EXPRESS

Kool-Aid
2008-07-25, 01:45 AM
I think that since V thinks the spell would be a success s/he may have gotten to sleep, although V may have been waiting for the birds to return and stayed awake for that purpose.

Hopefully V may have just fell asleep involuntary, would be funny to see the look on her/his face when V wakes up to find they have not yet returned.

kpenguin
2008-07-25, 01:48 AM
Hopefully V may have just fell asleep involuntary, would be funny to see the look on her/his face when V wakes up to find they have not yet returned.

Elves don't sleep.

Damocles
2008-07-25, 03:42 AM
i think she will soon chose the path of lichdom so she no longer needs to sleep rest apart from refreshing spells.

Liwen
2008-07-25, 06:27 AM
I bet lots of more veins, but larger and more redish. That would look scary enough to give Ethan an heart attack.

Let's not forget about psychological damage too. He'll be even more pissed off, possibly agressive and probably about to commandeer the boat to get begin an actual search for Haley.

Kool-Aid
2008-07-26, 12:11 AM
Elves don't sleep.

Ah, yes forgot. I think elves CAN sleep they just don't (I do know they can fail their save on sleep spells on purpose.) Is there also some way for an elf to go into a trance on their own? I suppose that since when a human is tired enough they pass out that the elve's somewhat superior form of sleep would make them go into a trance eventually (if anyone has any info on this I'd like to know, I'm curious.)

ericgrau
2008-07-28, 06:27 PM
I imagine V will just look a little worse than before. Nothing special.

Chronicled
2008-07-28, 06:52 PM
Utterly shocked when Durkon tries a divination spell of his own (right after V has given up) and it works (right after the Epic abjuration has worn off).

Haleyintraining
2008-07-28, 07:36 PM
Utterly shocked when Durkon tries a divination spell of his own (right after V has given up) and it works (right after the Epic abjuration has worn off).

Then she says "Durkon, you must die" (four words) and then she kills Durkon, and she gains ultimate arcane power.

Kaytara
2008-07-28, 07:41 PM

Too easy and dull a wrap-up for the Order's communication difficulties. For the Elan & Co. part of the team, the purpose of those difficulties is to show how the characters are going to react to continuously failing to deal with a problem, aka character development. Having Durkon randomly succeed in contacting Haley after four months of V's fanatic attempts and failures might be a blow to the guts for Vaarsuvius, but would be a very unremarkable way to eliminate a major obstacle and plot point.

In my opinion the split parts of the group have very little chance of contacting each other before they quasi-accidentally meet face-to-face, OR before a moment arrives when successful timely contact would effectively change everything.

Concerning the actual topic of the thread, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that Vaarsuvius is so confident that hir spell has worked that V will spend the time waiting for the birds to come back getting some rest, but that would also be too unremarkable to be likely.

When the birds fail to arrive, I think V will might give up on finding Haley completely, timidly surrender hir confidence in hir abilities and give in to Durkon's demands that they try searching for Girard's Gate directly, and go into deep depression due to a severe lack of self-esteem, which will eventually become a hindrance for the group at later points... Alternatively, and personally I think this a bit more likely, V could raise hir obsession to new heights and do something truly reckless. I just can't imagine what. Were Conjuration not a barred school for Vaarsuvius, I'd think V would try to strike a bargain with an Outsider... Otherwise, maybe V will try to kill hirself in hopes of scrying on Haley from the Afterlife, unfettered by the restraints of any blocking spells. Basically, what V suggested they try for Lien if she got killed.