PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Artificer

Demons_eye
2008-07-22, 09:54 PM
I was thinking of making one but can someone please help me? Do they simple enchant there own body or what? I just can't understand the idea.

Kyace
2008-07-22, 10:39 PM
Normally artificers can only infuse items or constructs, but a warforged counts as a construct for artificers. If you take the racial substitution levels, you get +1 CL when you self infuse, you heal yourself when you infuse yourself for free, your Craft Reserve counts double when you enchant yourself, constructs or most magic items and finally, you can gain the ability to gain an intelligent weapon familiar.

DizzyD
2008-07-23, 06:04 AM
I think that would be so fun to play...

shadow_archmagi
2008-07-23, 09:18 AM
Normally artificers can only infuse items or constructs, but a warforged counts as a construct for artificers. If you take the racial substitution levels, you get +1 CL when you self infuse, you heal yourself when you infuse yourself for free, your Craft Reserve counts double when you enchant yourself, constructs or most magic items and finally, you can gain the ability to gain an intelligent weapon familiar.

Wait... so does that mean my Robo Captain Hook can have an INTELLIGENT hook?

That is so awesome.

Vexxation
2008-07-23, 09:21 AM
Wait... so does that mean my Robo Captain Hook can have an INTELLIGENT hook?

That is so awesome.

And intelligent hook which can carry out conversations with him.
If given a silly name and if the captain has a lower wisdom score it could lead to hilarity; the hook would be more observant and perceptive than the captain.

Townopolis
2008-07-23, 10:27 AM
this is made of win.

shadow_archmagi
2008-07-23, 10:40 AM
And intelligent hook which can carry out conversations with him.
If given a silly name and if the captain has a lower wisdom score it could lead to hilarity; the hook would be more observant and perceptive than the captain.

The only question is of alignments.

Chaotic Evil and Lawful Neutral would be great.

"RIP IS HEAD OFF!!!"

"What? While he's asleep! That would be unsporting of me. HEY YOU, WAKE UP AND GRAB A WEAPON."

Vexxation
2008-07-23, 10:47 AM
The only question is of alignments.

Chaotic Evil and Lawful Neutral would be great.

"RIP IS HEAD OFF!!!"

"What? While he's asleep! That would be unsporting of me. HEY YOU, WAKE UP AND GRAB A WEAPON."

Well, I'm sold.

The only question now is *how* to indicate to others that your hook is speaking in discussion or in-game. I recommend wearing a sock with buttons for eyes on the non-writing hand, and having it "talk" to you in a voice very different from your own.

Bonus points if you take it to such extremes that people forget that they're talking to a hook, not you.

Now, would trading a hand for an intelligent familiar be considered a Flaw? Because I'm pretty sure that being maimed and losing a hand is a flaw.

Of course, you could *choose* to lop off the hand... I guess...