PDA

View Full Version : Two weapon fighting feat ?

tyfon
2008-07-23, 03:19 PM
What's the point with "Two weapon fighting" feat ? It adds +1 feat bonus to damage rolls with main weapon while fighting two weapons. Feat makes sense only for ranger, since ranger is practically only class able to actually fight with two weapons, so attack with two weapons in one round. For other classes two-handed weapon or shield is better choice.

For ranger "weapon focus" feat is reasonable coice - because they are making more attacks than other classes so effect of this feat multiplies, so I assume most rangers decide to go for it.

Page 275 says that feat bonuses (as any bonuses within one group) do not stack.

So... why to get it? Only as prereq for Two weapon defence ?

Lame... :|

Covered In Bees
2008-07-23, 03:40 PM
What's the point with "Two weapon fighting" feat ? It adds +1 feat bonus to damage rolls with main weapon while fighting two weapons. Feat makes sense only for ranger, since ranger is practically only class able to actually fight with two weapons, so attack with two weapons in one round. For other classes two-handed weapon or shield is better choice.
"Attack with two weapons in one round" =/= "actually fight with two weapons". Offhand weapons are for parrying and taking advantage of binds. Being Drizzt is for Rangers; Regular Ol' Two-Weapon Fighting is for everyone else.

So... why to get it? Only as prereq for Two weapon defence ?

Lame... :|
You get it and two-weapon defense to have a character that gains mechanical benefits from fighting with two weapons instead of using a shield. For a rogue, TWF gives +1 damage and then TWD is the same investment as Light Shield Proficiency; my current Rogue has TWF. He's a streetfighter with a brutal two-knife infighting style. For a Fighter, you can have a heavy blade in one hand and a light blade in the other, and cherrypick the best light blade powers (like Armor-Piercing Thrust) while taking mostly heavy blade ones. On top of that, you can get different kinds of magical properties on your weapons and use whichever would be better.

It's not a shining jewel of optimization, but then, it doesn't actively make you *worse* like it did in 3.5 unless you were a rogue (or someone else with bonus damage out the wazoo).

Oh, and the TWF feat gives an untyped bonus, not a Feat bonus, so it stacks with Weapon Focus &etc.

tyfon
2008-07-23, 03:50 PM
Oh, and the TWF feat gives an untyped bonus, not a Feat bonus, so it stacks with Weapon Focus &etc.

Oooo... this is answer I hoped to see, I assumed that bonus is feat. b. Thanks :)

KillianHawkeye
2008-07-23, 07:49 PM
Nay, it has to actually say "Feat Bonus".

All Feat Bonuses are bonuses that come from feats, but not all bonuses that come from feats are Feat Bonuses.

erikun
2008-07-23, 09:13 PM
Two-Weapon Fighting
Prerequisite: Dex 13
Benefit: While holding a melee weapon in eash hand, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with your main weapon.

There is nothing about a "+1 feat bonus" in Two-Weapon Fighting - as writen, it stacks with any other bonus.