PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Series 4 your favourite moments

Black Orc 2k8
2008-07-23, 03:53 PM
Well another series of DW is over, and a new chrimbo special is on its way. Lets take time to reflect back on series 4, and talk about your favourite moments. My favourite moments are:The bit were The Doctor is talking to Wilf when he returned Donna. The Bit were Dalek Caan refeals he has betrayed the Daleks. When the Doctor is united with Rose. When Donna became as smart as a Timelord. The Scene from "Turn Left" when those people go to the Gas Chambers. The Moment when all the companions are flying Earth home. When The Doctor saves Doctor Rivesrong. The bit where the doctor makes a dramatic speech after Jennie dies. When the companions are using the subwave network to contact The Doctor. When The Doctor talks to Davros. When the Sontrans attack the UNIT soldiers at the Atmos factory. These are mine, what are yours?

Don Julio Anejo
2008-07-23, 03:59 PM
When UNIT prepares to go back and kick Sontarans' butts while wearing gas masks. The Doctor puts one on and says:
"Are you my mommy?"

When Daleks and Cybermen meet.
"How many Cybermen are there?"
"5 million, and how many Daleks are there?"
"There are four Daa-leks!"
"You believe you can take over the world with four daleks?
"We can take over the world with ONE Daa-lek!"

Silent Hunter
2008-07-23, 04:06 PM
"You will face me, sir!"

Most of "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead".

Evil DM Mark3
2008-07-23, 04:21 PM
My favourate moments, be it:

For Good: I. Never. Would. You hear that Cobb? I. Never. Would.
Or For Bad: I, a 21 year old human male, had a nightmare about Davros' chest. I think that anyone dedicated enough to mutilate themselves like that, *shudder*

For Awesome: The Valliant on it's attack run, with "You will face me sir!" a very close second.
Or For Cuteness: I still want an adipose. Cutest invading aliens EVER.

For Fear: Ice cream. Ice cream. Ice cream.
Or For Hilarity: Charades in the Kitchen with Agatha Christie!

For Dignity: Harriet Jones, the greatest PM Britain never had, was vindicated and died a hero's death. Well done Ma'am.
And For the Heart: Sarah Jane Smith's reaction when she hears

Doctor Who not only has more crowing moments of awesome per episode than most shows have per season, I think, for all our winges and gripes, that Doctor Who is The BBC's crowing moment of awesome. A bad Doctor Who episode (of which IMHO only midnight and its broken aesop, 300 year old plot and 2D characters really qualifies) would pass for a decent episode of many other shows, and when it all fires just right, magic is made.

Now then. Bring on the Moffat!

Calamity
2008-07-23, 04:26 PM
When Daleks and Cybermen meet.
"How many Cybermen are there?"
"5 million, and how many Daleks are there?"
"There are four Daa-leks!"
"You believe you can take over the world with four daleks?
"We can take over the world with ONE Daa-lek!"

That's Season 2 :smallconfused:

My favourite bits? Many of Donna's lines. She was brilliant this series.

Doctor: "Hold on!"
Donna: "I AM!!"

Don Julio Anejo
2008-07-23, 04:28 PM
Remembered another one:

Donna comes up to a Roman dude and says "Veni vedi vici" to see if Tardis is going to translate it. The Roman answers:

"Sorry, me no speaka cel-tic" while carefully enunciating each syllable :biggrin:

@up: whoops, I thought the poster meant favourite moment from any season of the new series.

Szilard
2008-07-23, 05:14 PM
Besides you got the quote wrong.:smalltongue:
After declaring war and pest control...
"We are five million cybermen, how many are you?"
"Four!"
"You expect to to take on the cybermen with four Daleks?"
"We could take on the Cyberman with ONE Dalek!"
and so on.

Series four hasn't finished yet for us, but I'd say the Sontaran Episodes, Dr. Moon, and the Adipose were some of the best parts. And the Two episodes with the Library were really good.

Dihan
2008-07-23, 05:16 PM
The Proper Doctor: Donna, you can't even change a plug.
Donna: D'you wanna bet? Time boy?
Davros: You'll suffer for this [shoots at her but the electricity stays on his arm]
Donna: Ooooh, Bioelectric dampening field, with a retrogressive arc inversion?
Davros: EXTERMINATE HER!!!
Daleks: Exterminate! [Repeated as Donna is tapping at controls but no weapons fire] Weapons non-functional!
Donna: What? Macrotransmissions of a K-field wavelength, blocking all Dalek weaponry in a self-replicating semi-byfold matrix?
The Proper Doctor: How did you work that out? You're-
The Other Doctor: Time Lord. Part Time Lord
Donna: Part Human! Oh yes! That was a two way biological metacrisis, half Doctor, half Donna!
The Proper Doctor: The DoctorDonna. Just like the Ood said, remember, they saw it coming. The DoctorDonna
Donna: Holding cells de-activated, and seal the vault. Well, don't just stand there you skinny boys in suits! Get to work!
Davros: STOP THEM! Get her away from the controls!
Donna: Aaaaaaaaaand, spin around. [The Daleks begin spinning clockwise]
Dalek: Help me, help me, help. [Jack laughs]
Donna: Aaaaaaaaaand, the other way. [they spin in the reverse direction]
The Proper Doctor: What did you do?
Donna: A clip stick circuit breaker, in the psychenetic threshhold manipulator.
The Other Doctor: But that's brilliant!
The Proper Doctor: Why did we never think of that?
Donna: Because you two, were just Time Lords. You dumbos! Lacking that little bit of human, that gut instinct that comes hand-in-hand with planet Earth. I could think of ideas you wouldn't dream of in a million years. Aaw, the universe has been waiting for me!

RIP DoctorDonna. The Daleks spinning around was priceless though.

comicshorse
2008-07-23, 05:51 PM
Daleks chanting " Exterminate " in german. Just really tickled me for some reason

Bryn
2008-07-23, 06:02 PM
All of Moffat's episodes (Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead). Those episodes excellently written, and a fantastic job of creating tension, as opposed to any single moment. The Sontaran episodes were also fun to watch. Those two pairs of episodes would be the high points for me.

Speaking of Moffat, I am so glad that he is replacing RTD for the next series. It's such a shame we have to wait a year for it to happen, but this being Moffat, it should be worth the wait; it will be great to have a head writer who knows how to make the villains threatening :smallamused:

Black Orc 2k8
2008-07-25, 08:52 AM
All of Moffat's episodes (Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead). Those episodes excellently written, and a fantastic job of creating tension, as opposed to any single moment. The Sontaran episodes were also fun to watch. Those two pairs of episodes would be the high points for me.

Speaking of Moffat, I am so glad that he is replacing RTD for the next series. It's such a shame we have to wait a year for it to happen, but this being Moffat, it should be worth the wait; it will be great to have a head writer who knows how to make the villains threatening :smallamused:

still u have 2 admit RTD was realy gd

Black Orc 2k8
2008-07-25, 08:54 AM
wow i didnt expect this many people 2 reply to my thread thanx everyone:smallsmile:

Black Orc 2k8
2008-07-25, 08:57 AM
Remembered another one:

Donna comes up to a Roman dude and says "Veni vedi vici" to see if Tardis is going to translate it. The Roman answers:

"Sorry, me no speaka cel-tic" while carefully enunciating each syllable :biggrin:

@up: whoops, I thought the poster meant favourite moment from any season of the new series.

bleive me if it had been that i wud have rote lots more fovourite moments :smallbiggrin: it wud probably fill an entire page

Bryn
2008-07-25, 10:59 AM
Still, you have to admit RTD was really good.

Well, it's thanks to RTD that we have a new Dr Who at all, so I shouldn't really complain. However, to me, RTD's episodes were... variable in quality; some episodes were good, others not so much. I'll say no more in the interests of letting others enjoy the show without me noisily complaining :smalltongue: