PDA

View Full Version : The Guy Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 05:04 PM
Yeah. See what I did there?

Anywho, since talking about how I'm going to kill you all and eat your brains wasn't apparently girly enough for The Girl Thread I decided to make a guy thread. Partly in retaliation and partly because of social elitism, but mostly because I'm gonna' eat your brains to gain your power.

I seem to recall there being one before, but maybe it was all a demented hallucination...

Either way here's where you talk about guy things. Like... Well, how I intend to eat your brains for one. That's definitely violent enough to qualify. And how many Jacob's Cream Crackers you can fit in your mouth at any given time.

Anywho, after I slice open your skulls and feast on the goo inside, gaining your power, I shall use that power to become a god and float through the voids of space using this planet as an ark.

Also, cars and junk maybe...

Calamity
2008-07-23, 05:05 PM
Why did I have this feeling that you'd make this thread?

And there goes our excuses about hangfing around the Gril Thread!

The Rose Dragon
2008-07-23, 05:05 PM
Jonathan Coulton is the epitome of manliness. End of thread. :smallbiggrin:

So, can girls join, too?

Collin152
2008-07-23, 05:06 PM
I considered forming this earlier, but had a vision of Player Zero having more fun with the first post.
For once, the vision came true.

Dihan
2008-07-23, 05:07 PM
Yay! I've always wanted to be Sylar'd! :smallbiggrin:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-07-23, 05:07 PM
Yeah, girls can join in, but we'll be talking about manly things.

So, yesterday, I was making ribs for my friends in my monster truck, while watching hockey and drinking cheap beer, eh?

YPU
2008-07-23, 05:08 PM
as since we (males) have hijacked the girl treat i supose they have no choice but to start sniping for this one...
men defend yourself!
ow wait, having girls over is a very manly thing to do right? :smallamused:
let them come...

Totally Guy
2008-07-23, 05:11 PM
My name is Guy. All of you look on in awe as my name is more Guy-like than any of you can ever hope for. Unless you're called Mr Dude Blokeyman or Mr Fella Chapman in which case I would conceed.

Lyesmith
2008-07-23, 05:12 PM
I mean, in personal preference I'd rather have a dude over. But ladies are cool too!
So.
Manliness.
What about that Home Improvement show, huh? *grunts a bit*

The Rose Dragon
2008-07-23, 05:12 PM
My surname is ex-Man. So, I guess I don't have anything to do here.

Trog
2008-07-23, 05:13 PM
*wanders in, grabs a beer out of the clubhouse fridge, sits on one of the upholstered leather overstuffed chairs and grabs the universal remote and turns on the TV wall to Ultimate Fighting.*

Was wondering when this would get started up again. If any girls show up be sure to direct them to the stripper poles over yonder *waves vaguely in the direction of the stage*

Calamity
2008-07-23, 05:13 PM
I mean, in personal preference I'd rather have a dude over. But ladies are cool too!
So.
Manliness.
What about that Home Improvement show, huh? *grunts a bit*

I'm sorry. Now you've made me think about duct tape. I'm not impressed

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 05:16 PM
Strippers and duct tape you say?

Also, Guy? Like from Final Fight! ...And that character in that film... Never give up! Never surrender!... What the hell was the name of that movie?

...Oh and swearing. Guys swear a lot. I know I do at any rate. It belies my innocent nature ya' know.

Collin152
2008-07-23, 05:17 PM
I mean, in personal preference I'd rather have a dude over.

If that is so, sing derry-down-derry, it's evident, very, our tastes are one.
Away we'll go, and merrily marry, nor tardily tarry, till day is done.

But yeah, I'm of the same opinion.

Silence
2008-07-23, 05:17 PM
as since we (males) have hijacked the girl treat i supose they have no choice but to start sniping for this one...
men defend yourself!
ow wait, having girls over is a very manly thing to do right? :smallamused:
let them come...

It's only manly under one of three conditions:

1. You have sex with them.
2. They're awesome.
3. Anything else.

The Rose Dragon
2008-07-23, 05:18 PM
They're girls. They are by definition awesome.

Lyesmith
2008-07-23, 05:19 PM
Oh! I also swear profusely.
And I know a lot of less than awesome girls who are basically braindead. And ugly as sin.

Totally Guy
2008-07-23, 05:20 PM
That film... that film... Galaxy Quest!

And there was a Guy in Green Wing but he was a jerk. Oh and there was that scene where he finds out who his real mother was...:smalleek:

Any other media Guys?

Calamity
2008-07-23, 05:21 PM
Guy Fawkes?

Not fiction, I know.

Collin152
2008-07-23, 05:22 PM
Only one of my multiple personalities swears with any degree of notability, but he prefers mild swears. Or ones that have fallen out of style.

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 05:22 PM
Galaxy Quest! That's the one. Excellent.

Also, this condition one intrigues me. Pray go on.

YPU
2008-07-23, 05:23 PM
And I know a lot of less than awesome girls who are basically braindead. And ugly as sin.

Quoted for truth.

Calamity
Hmm. I swear a lot when I'm angry. But very rarely when I'm not.

Lyesmith
I quite liked Guy from Green Wing. Mack was hotter, though.

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 05:24 PM
Hmm. I swear a lot when I'm angry. But very rarely when I'm not.

Does that include 'Ow F---! I stubbed my toe!' or the like?

The Rose Dragon
2008-07-23, 05:24 PM
Quoted for truth.

They're not girls, though. They are just female.

Girls have to be awesome to be girls. It says so in the Girl Handbook.

Either that, or my copy is defunct.

Dihan
2008-07-23, 05:25 PM
I don't swear at all. *Buffs up halo and prunes wings*

... What?

I can be manly in another way... Like...

Look!

*Dives out the window*

Calamity
2008-07-23, 05:27 PM
Does that include 'Ow F---! I stubbed my toe!' or the like?

I tend to use the S-word for that, but yes.

Collin152
2008-07-23, 05:27 PM
I don't swear at all. *Buffs up halo and prunes wings*

... What?

I can be manly in another way... Like...

Look!

*Dives out the window*

There are few things manlier than a sexy, shirtless angel.

YPU
2008-07-23, 05:28 PM
You know, if this is the male treat we should act in a epitome of maleness, and wouldn’t t hat include anything vaguely human female is F** able if you include enough consumption of alcohol?
Perhaps the girl treat was a nicer place, there we do not need to hand over the controls to our testosterone.

Dihan
2008-07-23, 05:28 PM

It just so happens I am none of those things either. :smalltongue:

Lyesmith
2008-07-23, 05:29 PM
But he's not sexy! (Oooh, ZING!)
Anyway.
Manliness.
...Shaving?

Collin152
2008-07-23, 05:30 PM

I don't let people judge themselves on the first, the second is bound to happen now and again, and the third is fixed with roleplaying.

Calamity
2008-07-23, 05:31 PM

Guess I must be a long way off the 3rd part, considering that it's 'fixed with roleplaying'.. :smalltongue:

YPU
2008-07-23, 05:32 PM
I don't let people judge themselves on the first, the second is bound to happen now and again, and the third is fixed with roleplaying.

Careful there, you start to sound desperate.

Silence
2008-07-23, 05:33 PM
But he's not sexy! (Oooh, ZING!)
Anyway.
Manliness.
...Shaving?

Do you realize how many directions that can be taken?

Collin152
2008-07-23, 05:34 PM
Careful there, you start to sound desperate.

One of me may just be.

Calamity
2008-07-23, 05:35 PM
One of me may just be.

So there's more than one of you? :smallconfused:

Lyesmith
2008-07-23, 05:36 PM
Do you realize how many directions that can be taken?

Just like the average gentleman, then?:smallwink:
Oh, I'm going to the special hell.

Phae Nymna
2008-07-23, 05:37 PM
I keep my cursing to a minimum when I'm around the house due to family and such, but when I'm the only one home and I'm playing TF2, I curse like a Sailor that stubbed his toe on a hot knife. :smalltongue: When I'm around friends though, I curse a lot more and in a variety of different lanquages. When I'm at the iGaming place with my friends, you'll hear me shouting in Russian, German, Vietnamese, Italian, French, Dutch, English (duh), and ASL (Oxymoron?).

I don't speak any of those fluently ('cept for English), but it doesn't hurt to cover up your sailor's tongue with a "Pidain!" here or some "Sh--erkopfs!" there. :smallwink:

Dihan
2008-07-23, 05:38 PM
Just like the average gentleman, then?:smallwink:
Oh, I'm going to the special hell.

A special hell for special people. *Pats head*

Collin152
2008-07-23, 05:38 PM
So there's more than one of you? :smallconfused:

I think so, so there may as well be.
Mental disorders are hell like that.

Also, I swear most often in Japanese, if I'm not thinking about it.

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 05:39 PM
Hmm... Manly things... Manly things...

I lift weights and do pressups... And... Shave... And... Have eye lasers... Or something... Umm... Help me out here someone!

...Well, I don't drink I suppose. Minus one on The Man Scale I suppose.

Totally Guy
2008-07-23, 05:39 PM
I was doing manly gym stuff today and despite the word Gymnasium meaning "a place to be naked" they don't actually let you do that. However this was nearly put to the test today.

So after a solid workout... well cardiovascular workout (9.5km/h for 30min running :smallsmile: ) I went into the changing room and started getting changed for the steamroom. Whilst I was doing so I noticed another guy had dropped his membership/locker swipe card. So I tried to hail him to tell him he'd dropped his card but he was too fast. So I donned my swim shorts and towel, swiped my locker and tried to follow to the exit. But I was too slow. In putting on an article of clothing he had enough time to escape. So I explained to the staff that I saw this happen and I was too slow but at least I was decent despite being the least dressed person in the room.

So I had my steam room session. Had a freezy cold shower. And got to the locker. Swiped my card. No response. Swiped it again. Nothing. Then a thought crossed my mind. Had I swiped my locker with the card I'd handed in?

This time it was just a towel I had to traverse the length of the gym. One item of non clothing. I explained what I thought had happened and they dug out the card and took it to the changing room. Swipe card tried. Nope nothing. That's the trouble with swipe cards, there's nothing to remind you which locker was yours. I'd not used the wrong card to lock the locker, I'd been trying to open the wrong one all along. So I looked a bit silly. And I'd worn far too little in public twice.

No, actually that whole last paragraph was a lie. I tried the adjacent lockers first before seeking help and thus resolved the story. But real men exaggerate, we all nearly caught a fist this <-----> big. Rar!

Phae Nymna
2008-07-23, 05:41 PM

LIES! :smallmad:

Lyesmith
2008-07-23, 05:41 PM
Hooray! I'm special!
*dances about*

Tom_Violence
2008-07-23, 05:44 PM
There's pretty much one of these for every topic in existence:

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20070803.gif

Calamity
2008-07-23, 05:45 PM
I was doing manly gym stuff today and despite the word Gymnasium meaning "a place to be naked" they don't actually let you do that. However this was nearly put to the test today.

A strange thought came into my head then. I thought so does that mean I should've been naked when I took my English, Music and Business exams? :smalleek:

Umm, so....

Dihan
2008-07-23, 05:45 PM
@Admiral Walrus: Ehh... One person. Feel free to think that if you wish.

@Glug: I was nearly about to "*facepalm*" until I read the final paragraph.

The Rose Dragon
2008-07-23, 05:46 PM
There's pretty much one of these for every topic in existence:

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20070803.gif

I take my previous statement back. SMBC is the manliest thing in existence.

Collin152
2008-07-23, 05:48 PM
Hmm...
Suppose I opened a gym that revived the "place to be naked" idea.
How long do you think it'd last?

Lyesmith
2008-07-23, 05:49 PM
...That is a point. We do all our exams in the gymnasium, and it is hellishly cold in there. For the december mocks, ALL OF YEAR ELEVEN got a cold from repeated being in that freezing hellhole for too long.

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 05:49 PM
You mean one of those gay man's bath houses? I think you'd be shut down pretty sharpish I'm afraid. :smalltongue:

Exposing oneself is perfectly manly. Doing so to a police officer is bonus points.

...Wish I had a tank for invading places with...

Also, I did my exams in a exam room. A room designated for exams. No being naked for me. Unless you buy me dinner first or something.

Calamity
2008-07-23, 05:51 PM
...That is a point. We do all our exams in the gymnasium, and it is hellishly cold in there. For the december mocks, ALL OF YEAR ELEVEN got a cold from repeated being in that freezing hellhole for too long.

If you think that's bad ours had just repainted.... this was the real exams.
And I had a cold anyway for some reason

Phae Nymna
2008-07-23, 05:52 PM
On the issue of shaving:

1. shaving your legs = unmanly unless you're a sexy swimmer

2. shaving your underarms = manly because real mean want to look good wihout a shirt on

3. shaving your head = trog

4. shaving your face = manly because it makes you suave. UNLESS you grow out a presentable (hair length btwn. 1 and 3 cm) beard, in which case you're still suave. And last, with sideburns one has to be careful to keep them trimmed and such so as to avoid that rugged-just-kidding-actually-a-slob look.

5. shaving elsewhere = [CENSORED]

I personally, after not shaving for three weeks due to jet lag from Italy and summer laziness finally have shaved all of my face 'cept for sideburns and eyebrows (no eyebrows = weird) because they look good on me right now.

Collin152
2008-07-23, 05:54 PM
On the issue of shaving:

1. shaving your legs = unmanly unless you're a sexy swimmer

2. shaving your underarms = manly because real mean want to look good wihout a shirt on

3. shaving your head = trog

4. shaving your face = manly because it makes you suave. UNLESS you grow out a presentable (hair length btwn. 1 and 3 cm) beard, in which case you're still suave. And last, with sideburns one has to be careful to keep them trimmed and such so as to avoid that rugged-just-kidding-actually-a-slob look.

5. shaving elsewhere = [CENSORED]

I personally, after not shaving for three weeks due to jet lag from Italy and summer laziness finally have shaved all of my face 'cept for sideburns and eyebrows (no eyebrows = weird) because they look good on me right now.

What a very specific requirement on beard length.
Also, I think you're overly critical on shaved legs. It can be pulled off well by non-swimmers.

Tom_Violence
2008-07-23, 05:55 PM

Err, no. Just no. Good god no. For heaven's sake no. A thousand times, no!

'Real men' don't want to look like real children.

Lyesmith
2008-07-23, 05:58 PM
What about waxing your legs? My (male) drama teacher did that once. APPARENTLY on a dare. Oh, the fun we had teasing him about it.

Collin152
2008-07-23, 05:58 PM
Err, no. Just no. Good god no. For heaven's sake no. A thousand times, no!

'Real men' don't want to look like real children.

You must know rather muscular children.

Tom_Violence
2008-07-23, 05:59 PM
You must know rather muscular children.

Yes, they juggle cars and headbutt horses, obviously.

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 06:00 PM
Waxing is somewhat less manly than shaving.

Also, I shave my underarms, just FYI. And since everything I do is by definition the epitome of cool then it can't be a bad thing. :smalltongue:

...Though I may only have done so because I was bored...

Tom_Violence
2008-07-23, 06:01 PM
Sheer boredom may perhaps be the only acceptable excuse. Even a severe medical reason should give one cause to think very long and hard about the road they're embarking down.

Collin152
2008-07-23, 06:03 PM
Gay.
Acceptable excuse?

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 06:04 PM
Bah. That's no excuse for anything.

...'Cept maybe having sex with men.

Tom_Violence
2008-07-23, 06:04 PM
If you insist. :smalltongue: Out of my area of expertise though, I must admit.

Collin152
2008-07-23, 06:05 PM

Damnation. I'll never get to use it, in that case...

YPU
2008-07-23, 06:06 PM

I really need to remember that for when a friend of mine tries to use it for an excuse again.

averagejoe
2008-07-23, 06:09 PM
*enters thread by jumping off a building on a harley while outrunning an explosion and defeating an army of Persians with one hand and eating a raw steak with the other*

*crashes through glass and screeches to a halt*

*makes out with sexy girl on the back of the motorcycle, then leaves her and laughs as she pines*

*removes sunglasses and glares intently*

I'm somewhat dissapointed with the level of manliness sofar displayed on this thread. For example, everyone knows that there's few things more manly than body hair. Lots of body hair, the more the manlier. If you want to be hairless it's much easier when you're a woman.

Lyesmith
2008-07-23, 06:10 PM
I dislike chest hair. Wouldnt want it, myself. Would not suit me.
Oh! I do love steak, though.

de-trick
2008-07-23, 06:10 PM
my idea about shaving

face: normal, u dont want to have the worlds longest beard

legs: swimmer or kinda werid

head: if u want to be a baldy then do it

armpits: depends on ur style and stuff

other place: i used to never shave down there, but after having a weired conversation with a couple of bro's, they convinced me to do it, because its kind of a courtesy for your partner. and its never cold enough to have to have that hair there

edit: steaks ftw

Collin152
2008-07-23, 06:11 PM
Do't care for steak. It's too difficult for too little reward.
Steak is broken, contact the developers.

averagejoe
2008-07-23, 06:13 PM
This isn't about aesthetics, guys. What's manly about aesthetics? Nothing, that's what. It's about manliness, and body hair is manly pretty much by definition. Taste doesn't factor into it.

Edit:

Do't care for steak. It's too difficult for too little reward.
Steak is broken, contact the developers.

Difficult? True manliness is shown by eating nails, then working your way up from there.

Tom_Violence
2008-07-23, 06:14 PM
If you want to be hairless it's much easier when you're a woman.

Tell that to the menopause.

Dihan
2008-07-23, 06:14 PM
Oooh! I like steak and meat off the bone!

There's nothing more manly than ripping shreds of chicken off a bone with your bare teeth, right?

... Now I'm hungry! :smallsigh:

averagejoe
2008-07-23, 06:15 PM
There's nothing more manly than ripping shreds of chicken off a bone with your bare teeth, right?

Nothing except your mom. :smallamused:

Blayze
2008-07-23, 06:16 PM
Since this is the Guy thread, I need to kick things off properly with two of the manliest things ever.

First, The Remarkable Journey of Higgins von Higgings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvlxDcALQ6g

Secondly, the greatest man in the history of everything, Kamina - and his greatest Crowning Moment of Awesome (The guy has many).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygU8HjdFl-0

Chronicled
2008-07-23, 06:17 PM
I take my previous statement back. SMBC is the manliest thing in existence.

This shirt embodies all that is manliness (slightly NSFW, as all truly manly things are :smallwink:):
{Surprise! Your NSFW comic is NSFGitP! Scrubbed. If the filter wouldn't let you type the words in the comic, or the subject of the comic would violate our Forum Rules, you probably shouldn't post it here.}

Dihan
2008-07-23, 06:18 PM
Nothing except your mom. :smallamused:

Ooohh... That's a low blow!

There's nothing more manly than your face!... Wait a second!

averagejoe
2008-07-23, 06:19 PM
(slightly NSFW, as all truly manly things are :smallwink:):

Quoted for truth.

However, I cannot see it. I would cry if it wasn't so unmanly.

Edit: This guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Ralston) is way more manly than anyone or anything mentioned so far.

North
2008-07-23, 06:21 PM
Shaving

Face: I usually need to be clean shaven for work but a prefer the 11 o'clock shadow of scruffy. Less work. Shavings a hassle.

Legs: Nope.

Head: Never have, only will if I start going bald. So I hopefully never will.

Armpits: See legs.

Other: I do manscape the garden. As previously said its a courtesy for the other party.

Thufir
2008-07-23, 06:26 PM
To be honest, I really don't care that much about being manly. So much of it seems to be just macho stupidity. I'd rather be considered to be sensible.

Purple Cloak
2008-07-23, 06:30 PM
Well my opinion on shaving is that real men are hairy, this is inclusive of hair at least past the shoulders and at least a small beard.

Take the vikings for example, no-one can realy argue that they wern't manly!

All though I guess I lose man points on the whole fact I don't realy drink or sware very much...

Doe's everyone else think that trenchcoats are manly too? If so i gain a few points their.

Edit: @ Thufif, Isn't that the point?

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 06:30 PM
Can I be considered as Mary Queen on Scots instead of either? That's be neat.

...Is insanity manly? There aren't many crazy women as far as I have scryed upon the stars while gazing at the moon.

Purple Cloak
2008-07-23, 06:32 PM
yeah if been slightly (ok very) mental is manly i've got it made! :smallcool:

averagejoe
2008-07-23, 06:32 PM
Shaving

Face: I usually need to be clean shaven for work but a prefer the 11 o'clock shadow of scruffy. Less work. Shavings a hassle.

Oh, yes, I forgot. The rugged unshaven look is just as if not more manly than a full beard.

Also, the Nac Mac Feagle are uber manly.

To be honest, I really don't care that much about being manly. So much of it seems to be just macho stupidity. I'd rather be considered to be sensible.

I think you misspelled "awsome."

Thufir
2008-07-23, 06:33 PM
There aren't many crazy women as far as I have scryed upon the stars while gazing at the moon.

Every female friend I have ever made proves you wrong.

Tom_Violence
2008-07-23, 06:35 PM
Every female friend I have ever made proves you wrong.

Maybe you should try actually meeting some then. :smalltongue:

Purple Cloak
2008-07-23, 06:37 PM
Maybe you should try actually meeting some then. :smalltongue:

I agree, making Women is never a good path to take, it only ever leads to problems!

Also it makes the rest of us who have to work hard to meet them jelious....

Thufir
2008-07-23, 06:38 PM
*Beats Tom_Violence about the head with his own arm.*
OK, I guess sometimes I do things that might be considered manly.

Edit: ^ OK, I didn't spot that joke. I guess Tom can have his arm back in that case.

averagejoe
2008-07-23, 06:39 PM
Trenchcoats, insanity, and swearing can be manly, depending. However, there are exceptions. For example, if you have the type of insanity that makes you cry all the time, that's very unmanly. If, however, you have the type of insanity that makes you believe that you're George Washington, that's very manly.

I'm pretty sure if you're really manly then you don't need to swear. People get the message when you're beating them with their own arm.

Trenchcoats are mostly manly if they're oldschool, like if you're a private eye or Humphry Bogart or fighting in trenches. For the most part, the rest of the time they're manly neutral.

Edit: Very manly ninja. See, you don't need swearing.

Purple Cloak
2008-07-23, 06:40 PM

Well your half way their, you didn't eat his brain though!

Collin152
2008-07-23, 06:42 PM

Edit: ^ OK, I didn't spot that joke. I guess Tom can have his arm back in that case.

Such power, such ferocity, and yet so forgiving!
This man is truly greater than all ye pretenders!

Tom_Violence
2008-07-23, 06:45 PM
Trenchcoats are probably best avoided if you want to be on the safe side. Otherwise you might risk looking like a 14yr old who wants to be in the Matrix. :smalltongue: Gotta agree with Averagejoe though - the P.I. look will always be awesome. Bonus points for anyone that can look like this guy:
http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images//5/55/MysteriousStranger.gif

Thufir
2008-07-23, 06:46 PM

Such power, such ferocity, and yet so forgiving!
This man is truly greater than all ye pretenders!

I think I may sig that.

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 06:48 PM
Aybrahamawinken it is!

I'll need a tophat though...

Also, I ran out of Jacob's cream crackers, but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I can fit quite a few in there.

Purple Cloak
2008-07-23, 06:49 PM
Trenchcoats are probably best avoided if you want to be on the safe side. Otherwise you might risk looking like a 14yr old who wants to be in the Matrix. :smalltongue: Gotta agree with Averagejoe though - the P.I. look will always be awesome. Bonus points for anyone that can look like this guy: http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images//5/55/MysteriousStranger.gif

Score! Aparently I do have that kind of look, with my hat and all. But I guess thats all down to personal opinion.

Thufir
2008-07-23, 06:51 PM
Gotta agree with Averagejoe though - the P.I. look will always be awesome.

Must get a photo of me in trenchcoat and trilby...

Collin152
2008-07-23, 06:52 PM
Must get a photo of me in trenchcoat and trilby...

May as well throw in a sword and goatee.
You know, in a second picture.
You could do both.

YPU
2008-07-23, 06:53 PM
black trench check, black trilby hat check. wearing them everywhere, heck i am.

Purple Cloak
2008-07-23, 06:55 PM
You could do both.

You guys are only making me feel more and more awesome you know! :smalltongue:

Although My Goatee does need a little bit of growing...

randman22222
2008-07-23, 06:57 PM
Hey! I spotted a PI!

Yup, I'm pretty obsessed with the noir detective stuff right now. As my avatar (by Phase) would indicate.

EDIT: Fedora + Trenchcoat > Trilby + Trenchcoat.

Thufir
You could do both.

I don't think I'd look very good with a goatee, and I'm not growing one to find out. The sword I could do. Y'know, if I had a sword.

You guys are only making me feel more and more awesome you know!

Well, you are pretty awesome.

Collin152
Nono, strike that- soul patch.

As for a sword... I'll let you hold mine. But just for the picture.

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 06:58 PM
Well, you are pretty awesome.

Get a room. :smalltongue:

...And similar jibes.

I am reminded! Here! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lUjhEHlh7s)

averagejoe
2008-07-23, 07:00 PM

...And similar jibes.

Indeed.

By the way, your sig reminds me, Wolfwood is also pretty manly. It's heavy because it's so full of mercy. :smallcool:

Purple Cloak
2008-07-23, 07:03 PM

...And similar jibes.

I am reminded! Here! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lUjhEHlh7s)

I've got one thanks, care too see? :smallwink:

Thufir
2008-07-23, 07:05 PM
I've got one thanks, care too see? :smallwink:

I'd love to!

...So much for me being manly...

Player_Zero
2008-07-23, 07:06 PM
Vash was manly.

...Poor Wolfwood...

...:smallsigh:

Purple Cloak
2008-07-23, 07:08 PM
I'd love to!

...So much for me being manly...

Not the reaction I was expecting at all.
Usualy people get all creeped out when I make such comments, clearly i'm loseing my touch. :smallconfused:

Collin152
2008-07-23, 07:10 PM
Usualy people get all creeped out when I make such comments, clearly i'm loseing my touch. :smallconfused:

Well see, I'd have said the same thing, but he got to it first.

Purple Cloak
2008-07-23, 07:13 PM
Well see, I'd have said the same thing, but he got to it first.

Ah right, good point, that factor never occured to me, meh my fault for being slow.

As for pictures of PI style looks, i'll post one as soon as I get the opotunity

averagejoe
2008-07-23, 07:15 PM

You're just in the wrong thread. Getting creeped out: not so manly.

Purple Cloak
2008-07-23, 07:29 PM
You're just in the wrong thread. Getting creeped out: not so manly.

Toche, But it dosn't stop me trying.

Edit: Well I mentoned a photo, so here you all go, somone mentoned swords so included one of mine, I also included my replica flintlock pistol, but that doesn't seem very clear.

Its also my room so the location is for those of you whowanted to see it. :smallbiggrin:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2287/whichhunterep2.jpg

Although it seems a little more witch hunter than PI to me.

Phae Nymna
2008-07-23, 08:52 PM
I agree on the matter of "fedora + trench coat > trilby + trench coat".

I have a khaki Burberry trench coat (before they betrayed their own brand) and a brown felt fedora. On cold days I wear the trench coat with my ushanka for the maximum "I am KGB agent, yes? I vill infiltrate your intelligence, yes?" look. If I had to, I could break out the deerhunter's and the pipe and go all Sherlock on yalls asses. :smalltongue:

Also, what could be more manly than...

A murderous, psychotic, Soviet Admiral who skippers the nuclear ICBM submarine Morž?

Maybe I'll post a picture of my portrait...

SDF
2008-07-23, 08:55 PM
Not a fan of the trench coat. Fedoras can be cool though, ala Indiana Jones style.

Any other guys have trouble growing facial hair? I've been working on a goatee for a while but with little results. I'm 21 but can't get by on the hair of my chinny chin chin. I've even considered rubbing some rogain on their to see what would happen. :P

13_CBS
2008-07-23, 09:25 PM
A Guy Thread, eh?

Let the crude sexual jokes begin! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllMenArePerverts)

Silence
2008-07-23, 09:50 PM
Seconded.

Let them come.

Phase
2008-07-23, 10:11 PM
As Awesome=Manly, I must give this image:

"A robot with laser cannons and enourmous steel-toed boots. This robot is beating a bear, wearing a trenchcoat and fedora while wielding a Magnum .357 made out of knives, to death with a shark while screaming curses.

Silence
2008-07-23, 10:29 PM
As Awesome=Manly, I must give this image:

"A robot with laser cannons and enourmous steel-toed boots. This robot is beating a bear, wearing a trenchcoat and fedora while wielding a Magnum .357 made out of knives, to death with a shark while screaming curses.

Or:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/iggypop21361/BearCavalry.jpg

Prophaniti
2008-07-23, 10:42 PM
Hmm, manly things... I just fixed my mountain bike. My hands are all greasy and dirty. That's manly, right? Oh, and weight lifting, just did that a few days ago. Felt very manly, until about midnight that night, then I just hurt... But after the hurting, the manliness returned, so I guess it's ok. Now I shall chug a soda (don't like beer) and belch in a most manly fashion before smashing the can on my forhead, then fart and scratch myself. Wait, hmmm, better ask my wife if that's ok first...:smallwink:

Silence
2008-07-23, 10:48 PM
I just watched questionable videos on the internet while enjoying myself.

If you get what I mean.

That's manly.

Collin152
2008-07-23, 10:51 PM
Manly things...
I just made muffins! ^^

averagejoe
2008-07-23, 10:53 PM
I just watched questionable videos on the internet while enjoying myself.

If you get what I mean.

That's manly.

Well, while I don't particularly enjoy the musical stylings of Rick Astley, to each his own.

Not particularly manly, though.

Edit: Muffins are totally manly.

Phae Nymna
2008-07-23, 10:57 PM
Are they studmuffins?

Collin152
2008-07-23, 10:58 PM
Cinnamon.
But, that one guy calls me stud, adn I made them...
So yes.
Cinnamon studmuffins.

North
2008-07-23, 10:58 PM
Any other guys have trouble growing facial hair? I've been working on a goatee for a while but with little results. I'm 21 but can't get by on the hair of my chinny chin chin. I've even considered rubbing some rogain on their to see what would happen. :P

Ive got a hairy perimeter and neck. The mustache and connecting region is sparse though. Like Orlando Bloom sparse :smallfrown:

de-trick
2008-07-23, 10:59 PM
well i love the music stylings of Rick Astley, i got to say i love muffins especially chocolate muffins

zeratul
2008-07-23, 11:22 PM
As to the trench conversation I have a black leather one, but got it long before seeing the matrix, It could however be associated with me wanting to be the crow >_>.

Stormthorn
2008-07-24, 12:05 AM
Ok, about that guy who watches questionable videos. What makes them questionable?

Also, it couldnt be rick astley because he isnt questionable. He is exactly what it says on the tin. And he will roll you.

For the record, i own a black felt diamond crown fedora. If they ever handed out an award for Fedora In The Playground i would hopefully win.
I was thinking about upgrading, but that would require me to spend a few hundred dollars on the next great fedora in a similar style.

Collin152
2008-07-24, 12:07 AM
I wish I had cool hats...
All I have are german military scarves.
Very nice scarves, but not awesome like hats.

averagejoe
2008-07-24, 12:21 AM
Also, it couldnt be rick astley because he isnt questionable. He is exactly what it says on the tin. And he will roll you.

I think he meant socially questionable, which Rick certainly is.

Phae Nymna
2008-07-24, 12:23 AM
german military scarves

Whaaaaaaaaaa? From when? ANSWER ME!

Collin152
2008-07-24, 12:26 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaa? From when? ANSWER ME!

Oh, oh, lemme see... I'd need to ask my sister, she's the one what got them for me.
So, uh... To be continued!

Haruki-kun
2008-07-24, 12:27 AM
*walks in*

Woot! I remember there used to be a thread like this one.... So now we talks about manly stuff.

..............Anyone got anything to talk about?

On the Rick Astley thing: I actually like the Rick Roll song. Grows on you after the fifth time you fall for the prank.

Zeb The Troll
2008-07-24, 12:55 AM
*rides in on his motorcycle, dismounts, removes sunglasses and places them in his leather riding jacket*

I'll be right back, fellas. First I gotta go play catch with my hound dog, fix the kitchen sink, and drink a beer. When I get back we'll start reviewing our lessons from the Manly Manual.

Serpentine
2008-07-24, 01:10 AM
Has anyone pointed out the irony, yet, that this thread was made in retaliation to the Girl Thread which was inspired by a previous Guy Thread? :smallamused: There may have been another Girl Thread before that, but I can't remember.

I go fishin' wit' mah pa an' mah gran'pa an' mah nuncles an' mah boy-cousins. Not catching anything worth keeping is manly, right? :smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-24, 01:24 AM
Nope, there was only 1 girl thread ever. And yes this is the second guy thread. Since I know that the first wasn't made by Player Zero.

tyckspoon
2008-07-24, 01:26 AM
I go fishin' wit' mah pa an' mah gran'pa an' mah nuncles an' mah boy-cousins. Not catching anything worth keeping is manly, right? :smallfrown:

No, that's just fishing. Manly is when you come back and tell wildly-exaggerated stories about the fish you caught. Or didn't catch, whichever.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-24, 01:56 AM
No, that's just fishing. Manly is when you come back and tell wildly-exaggerated stories about the fish you caught. Or didn't catch, whichever.
That, and that you had a fish so big, it dragged the boat, but crashed it and then you had to let it go.

While you accidentally crashed it, or your dad.

Lex-Kat
2008-07-24, 02:09 AM

Serpy or Syka.
Both 100% girls.

150% :smallwink:

Just curious, Serpentine. How do you figure on trying to squeeze anything manly into your already 150% girl.:smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2008-07-24, 02:19 AM
Hey, I'm a complex, multifaceted person :smallwink:

Jibar
2008-07-24, 02:42 AM
Edit: Muffins are totally manly.

Damn right.
Ignore the gender symbol.

Are they studmuffins?

You called?
I'm also what one might call a... lurvemuffin.

Yeah I'll get out the man thread. I can't even fake enough manliness to hang out here. *Goes back to the Girl Thread*

13_CBS
2008-07-24, 03:51 AM

You...you were checking out your relatives?! :smalleek:

DO NOT WANT (http://www.mgroves.com/images/do_not_want_star_wars.jpg)

Klose_the_Sith
2008-07-24, 03:54 AM
I was just doing weights, and now I'm playing a little slap bass.
Little Rage Against the Machine
Damn manly.
Speak ill of RATM and be damned
Time to go eat a whole animal.

Thufir
2008-07-24, 05:13 AM

:smallfurious: Damnit, I wish I was unable to grow facial hair, then I wouldn't have to keep shaving all the time. As it is, if I'm not thorough enough, I'll put a hand to my chin in the evening and be all "Stubble?! Nooooo I just shaved this morning damnit!"

Phase
2008-07-24, 07:58 AM
Yeah! I'm gonna eat a whole deer raw! That is Manly! Grr!

Jibar
2008-07-24, 08:07 AM
Ya know, the way my facial hair is going, if I shaved a bit more often I could grow a wicked pair of muttonchops.
Right now all I've got is some Scruff, which I'm happy with.
God I hate shaving.

Lex-Kat
2008-07-24, 08:07 AM
:smallfurious: Damnit, I wish I was unable to grow facial hair, then I wouldn't have to keep shaving all the time. As it is, if I'm not thorough enough, I'll put a hand to my chin in the evening and be all "Stubble?! Nooooo I just shaved this morning damnit!"

I completely sympathize with your problem. I hate shaving, but I hate facial hair also:smallfurious:. And when I do shave, I have stubble on my neck that I can't shave any closer or I'll get razor burn.

Blayze
2008-07-24, 08:27 AM
Yeah! I'm gonna eat a whole deer raw! That is Manly! Grr!

*ahem*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Blayze/DinnerIsMeat.jpg

Trog
2008-07-24, 08:31 AM
*grabs another beer from the refrigerated area within the overstuffed leather recliner, flips through the channels with remote, points and snaps at Serp*

You! Yes you. Pole! Now! *jerks thumb at stage and brass pole* :smalltongue:

Ilena
2008-07-24, 08:55 AM
Im not sure how well a naga can "pole" trog ... that would be interesting to see but ya ... whatever turns your crank :P

Edit: Woot! 2 posts starting the next page in a row today! Im on a roll!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-24, 09:01 AM
Iīm making mah own chain mail!

How manly is that, huh?!

13_CBS
2008-07-24, 09:10 AM

How manly is that, huh?!

If you're making butted maille, not particularly. If anything, nowadays butted maille is used more often to create pretty jewelry than armor. Unmanly indeed. :smallamused:

Now making a shield, like I did...that's manly. :smallamused:

Dihan
2008-07-24, 09:12 AM

How manly is that, huh?!

Chain mail is really annoying, in fact all spam is. Spam is not manly...

Ohh! You meant chainmail. Sorry. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-24, 09:15 AM
If you're making butted maille, not particularly. If anything, nowadays butted maille is used more often to create pretty jewelry than armor. Unmanly indeed. :smallamused:

Now making a shield, like I did...that's manly. :smallamused:
Not butted maille:smallsigh:

Iīm making a chainmail, you know those heavy things you wear to battle.
I figure itīl help when I get to duel.....

EndgamerAzari
2008-07-24, 09:25 AM
I am appalled that nobody has mentioned POWERTHIRST (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs) yet. It's got PREPOSTEROUS AMOUNTS OF TESTOSTERONE.

PREPOSTERONE. (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=powerthirst&search_type=&aq=-1&oq=)

URRRAAGH SPORTS.

Now, I'm off to bend things.

*flexes*

Ilena
2008-07-24, 09:26 AM
lol i was going to make a suit myself but i didnt have the money to get the metal (more important things to spend it on right now) i may just make a rivited one but most likely butted for the first one ....

Serpentine
2008-07-24, 09:31 AM
Time to go eat a whole animal.Sardines don't count.

You...you were checking out your relatives?! :smalleek:...hwut? :smallconfused:

*grabs another beer from the refrigerated area within the overstuffed leather recliner, flips through the channels with remote, points and snaps at Serp*

You! Yes you. Pole! Now! *jerks thumb at stage and brass pole* :smalltongue:>slaps<
>takes pole, sells for scrap metal<
>makes new Serpy avatar <.< <

Gem Flower
2008-07-24, 09:33 AM
*looks around* Wow...I must say I prefer our thread.:smalltongue:

Jibar
2008-07-24, 09:34 AM
Serp... what are you doing...
This won't end well.

Also: Steampunk. Manly. Yes? No?

EndgamerAzari
2008-07-24, 09:35 AM
Not so much manly as generically awesome.

Ilena
2008-07-24, 09:37 AM
*looks around* Wow...I must say I prefer our thread.:smalltongue:

To be honest, i have to fully agree, here it just seems to be ... randomness .. and ya .. in the girl thread theres things to talk about! :P

YPU
2008-07-24, 09:46 AM
Serp... what are you doing...
This won't end well.

in steampunk everything can be fixed by giving it a good old kick, so yes, steampunk is manly.

instals a new and inmproved steampunk pole on the stage.

Ilena
2008-07-24, 10:02 AM
in steampunk everything can be fixed by giving it a good old kick,

Its the russian way :P

averagejoe
2008-07-24, 10:15 AM

Well, I don't know about steampunk in general, but Balgus, a character from the steampunk anime Escaflowne was absurdly manly. Not only was he COVERED IN SCARS, but when giant robots attacked he was all like, "Someone bring me my sword." Yeah, that's right. He used a sword, took on giant robots, and won.

Also, he had an awsome 'stache. Rediculous amounts of manly!

de-trick
2008-07-24, 10:17 AM
*comes in after cutting grass, oil and gas on hands, grabs beer out of fridge...wait i dont like beer, pulls the bottle of rye out, there we go, drinks it straight....the burning make it stop*

no fishing is about staying out on the boat for 8 hours, drinking and getting a major sunburn, getting mad at the people you are fishing with, then after you catch your fish, say they are your best friends and it was worth it

Ilena
2008-07-24, 10:21 AM
*comes in after cutting grass, oil and gas on hands, grabs beer out of fridge...wait i dont like beer, pulls the bottle of rye out, there we go, drinks it straight....the burning make it stop*

no fishing is about staying out on the boat for 8 hours, drinking and getting a major sunburn, getting mad at the people you are fishing with, then after you catch your fish, say they are your best friends and it was worth it

Its the male thing to do ...

Gem Flower
2008-07-24, 10:24 AM
Crazy males...

Thufir
2008-07-24, 10:26 AM
Crazy females...

13_CBS
2008-07-24, 10:28 AM
Not butted maille:smallsigh:

Iīm making a chainmail, you know those heavy things you wear to battle.
I figure itīl help when I get to duel.....

:smallsigh: Butted maille = a type of chainmail.

I'll tell you again; butted "chainmail" is not manly. :smallamused:

...hwut? :smallconfused:

I was pretending to misread your post in such a way that I was horrified by the obscure "incest" in it, but it looks like I fail in humor. :smallannoyed::smallfrown:

Ilena
2008-07-24, 10:30 AM
Crazy males...

I agree! But to be honest our social order is a bit better then the womens, as we may get into a disagreement, maybe throw a few punches then we are good, women tend to get vindictive, backstabbing and let things go on for years (not saying that this is exacly how it is for everyone but in general men tend to just beat each other up and then everything is good, women dont normally do that)

Player_Zero
2008-07-24, 10:31 AM
To be honest, i have to fully agree, here it just seems to be ... randomness .. and ya .. in the girl thread theres things to talk about! :P

And whos fault is that, Mr. Make-a-unsubstantiated-comment-which-doesn't-expand-on-the-discussion-or-indeed-spawn-one?

For that matter if we could stop with the one-line posts then that'd be swell.

I've never been fishing. On the TV it's a father-son thing and I have a severe distaste for my father on account of him being a p****.

Kaelaroth
2008-07-24, 10:35 AM
*notices this thread*
A guy thread, eh?
*wanders in*
So, guys, eh? Mostly drunk? And strippers poles? With no nasty girls? Fabulous. :smallamused:

Ilena
2008-07-24, 10:35 AM
:smallsigh: Butted maille = a type of chainmail.

I'll tell you again; butted "chainmail" is not manly. :smallamused:

I was pretending to misread your post in such a way that I was horrified by the obscure "incest" in it, but it looks like I fail in humor. :smallannoyed::smallfrown:

Well, its suppost to be called just mail as it was called in that age but ya ...

13_CBS
2008-07-24, 10:38 AM
Well, its suppost to be called just mail as it was called in that age but ya ...

Aye, that or "maille". "Chainmail" (:smallannoyed: oh how I despise that word) is a pleonasm; that is, the word is redundant. IIRC, the terms "chain" and "mail" in the context of armour mean the same thing.

Ilena
2008-07-24, 10:41 AM
And whos fault is that, Mr. Make-a-unsubstantiated-comment-which-doesn't-expand-on-the-discussion-or-indeed-spawn-one?

For that matter if we could stop with the one-line posts then that'd be swell.

I've never been fishing. On the TV it's a father-son thing and I have a severe distaste for my father on account of him being a p****.

Ah but i am not a master conversationalist, i leave that up to girls and just add on to what they start, its better for everyone that way :P

I mean why do you think iget along with them so well? They always want a man who lissens to them!

Ilena
2008-07-24, 10:46 AM
Aye, that or "maille". "Chainmail" (:smallannoyed: oh how I despise that word) is a pleonasm; that is, the word is redundant. IIRC, the terms "chain" and "mail" in the context of armour mean the same thing.

yep yep! Ive always liked armor, mail and plate,scales not bad too

Tormsskull
2008-07-24, 10:49 AM
Oh come on, this thread is seriously lacking Guy stuff. Maybe we should call this the Boy thread and make a new one.

Where's the talk about FOOTBALL! American football that is, before anyone starts bringing up this nonsense about kicking things with their feet.

And POKER. Gambling you know, 5-card stud is all manly and like. And smoking stogies while drinking beer and watching the fight on the tube and slapping yer girl's hind end when she walks by and telling her to get you another beer!

And what about action movies! Where things are blowing up and dudes are swinging in to save the day.

Plus, no flexing or guys calling each other wusses or making fun of the size of others guys manhoods even though they have never seen it and don't want to (at least most of us, yes I'm looking at you!).

Let's step it up GUYS!

Kaelaroth
2008-07-24, 10:50 AM
Oh come on, this thread is seriously lacking Guy stuff. Maybe we should call this the Boy thread and make a new one.

Where's the talk about FOOTBALL! American football that is, before anyone starts bringing up this nonsense about kicking things with their feet.

And POKER. Gambling you know, 5-card stud is all manly and like. And smoking stogies while drinking beer and watching the fight on the tube and slapping yer girl's hind end when she walks by and telling her to get you another beer!

And what about action movies! Where things are blowing up and dudes are swinging in to save the day.

Plus, no flexing or guys calling each other wusses or making fun of the size of others guys manhoods even though they have never seen it and don't want to (at least most of us, yes I'm looking at you!).

Let's step it up GUYS!

*sniffs*
My manhood sense is tingling!
He has a point, however.

Serpentine
2008-07-24, 10:51 AM
I was pretending to misread your post in such a way that I was horrified by the obscure "incest" in it, but it looks like I fail in humor. :smallannoyed::smallfrown:And how :smallwink: :smalltongue: I kid, I kid.

<.<
>.>

I hear it's excellent exercise?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/Serpentinepole-1.gif

WalkingTarget
2008-07-24, 10:52 AM
Vehicle maintenance rants count, right?

The other day I went to visit my grandparents and I arrived to find my grampa's truck sitting on a flat tire so I got to help with that for a while.

First, the jack that came with the truck isn't big enough to actually lift the wheel high enough to replace the tire when used in the spot it was designed to lift from. I ended up having to get out the jack that came with my car and lifting from the frame itself back under the wheel. It seems like a major flaw when the jack you provide with the vehicle needs to be up on a 6-inch block to do it's job. If we'd been on the side of the highway instead of in their driveway we would have been SOL.

Second, I swear that thing must have been on there since he bought the truck 10 years ago, it was stuck real good. I had to whack the wheel with something heavy a few times just to loosen it up to the point where I could start working it off of the studs. Getting the rusty spare onto the studs was equally problematic. Having the truck jacked up in an unorthodox way just added to the fun here.

Then I finally got to go in and have dinner before having my grandma kick my butt at Scrabble (314 to 280, fairly low-scoring game for us).

Edit at Serp - :smalleek:

Player_Zero
2008-07-24, 10:55 AM
Only insecure F-ers decide that they have to talk about poker and cars and s***. Real men swear to make up for it instead.

I DO like a game of poker, though.

Tormsskull
2008-07-24, 10:55 AM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/Serpentinepole.gif

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p15/Tormsskull/Pictures%20to%20Share/04_28_47---US-Dollar-Bills_web.jpg

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-24, 10:56 AM

Like James Bond? Sean Connery James Bond? Those are some great movies. In fact, Sean Connery is great in general. Something blows up in most of his movies. ESPECIALLY the Bond ones.

Kaelaroth
2008-07-24, 10:56 AM
Like James Bond? Sean Connery James Bond? Those are some great movies. In fact, Sean Connery is great in general. Something blows up in most of his movies. ESPECIALLY the Bond ones.

Yeah, you're right, he's damn hot. And Daniel Craig - Wow!

Serpentine
2008-07-24, 10:57 AM
Paper money?! Bleagh :smallyuk: I want cash that won't disintegrate in a rainstorm!

13_CBS
2008-07-24, 10:58 AM
Where's the talk about FOOTBALL! American football that is,

http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2006/0605_large.jpg

And POKER.

http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Images/DB_Detail/_6437__34672__.jpg

And what about action movies! Where things are blowing up

http://www.armuproducts.com/balloons/metallic.colors.balloons.jpg

or making fun of the size of others guys manhoods

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/13cbs/manhood.jpg

Let's step it up GUYS!

http://www.interiordezine.com/images/construction/DAConstruction-stairs.gif

:smallbiggrin:

Thufir
2008-07-24, 11:12 AM

American Football is the correct term. Football with no prefix is an entirely different game. There is no such thing as soccer. Bloody colonials.
Both of them are, of course, inferior by far to the game of kings: Chess.

That goes for poker as well, though it can be fun. I haven't played poker since I finished school sadly.

Ilena
2008-07-24, 11:12 AM
And how :smallwink: :smalltongue: I kid, I kid.

<.<
>.>

I hear it's excellent exercise?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/Serpentinepole-1.gif

wow serp, i dont normally look at nagas but wow ... :P

Thufir
2008-07-24, 11:14 AM
I don't think Serp is a naga. I'm fairly sure there was something in her sig a while back explicitly stating that she wasn't.

Ilena
2008-07-24, 11:17 AM
lol if thats the case then i wasent around to see it, so if im wrong please correct me! But lookin at that picture i really cant think of anything else!

Player_Zero
2008-07-24, 11:18 AM
American Football is the correct term. Football with no prefix is an entirely different game. There is no such thing as soccer. Bloody colonials.
Both of them are, of course, inferior by far to the game of kings: Chess.

That goes for poker as well, though it can be fun. I haven't played poker since I finished school sadly.

Yes, yes, Mr. ECF, I'm sure chess is the bestest game in the world. :smalltongue:

Maybe you should start a poker thread which I can play in and be the best.

Also, I will say again: one line posts do not add to the conversation even if they are funny, see.

...I would also prefer pictures to be spoilered...

Anywho, I think I'll go play more chess and then lift some weights. Sculpt my guns a bit. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-24, 11:22 AM
Zero, I totally win from you at poker.

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-24, 11:24 AM
I'm horrible at poker. Can't read people, I suppose. That or I play a little too recklessly. Maybe both? Suffice it to say I don't play for real money, because if I did I'd have a lot less money than I do now, and I don't have that much.

13_CBS
2008-07-24, 11:25 AM
Also, I will say again: one line posts do not add to the conversation even if they are funny, see.

...I would also prefer pictures to be spoilered...

Of course they add to the conversation. One liners are what make sigs after all.

And just for your complaints, I refuse to spoiler my pictures.

@ Serp:

Once again... (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllMenArePerverts)

Thufir
2008-07-24, 11:30 AM
I've never played poker for real money either. In school we played with a set of poker chips, or if the guy who owned them forgot to bring them in or wasn't there, we would instead each buy a packet of skittles from the vending machines and use those.

Player_Zero
2008-07-24, 11:34 AM
Zero, I totally win from you at poker.

I think not.... I think... Not. Come to England and we'll see I think. Maths is on my side and so is being unguessable. Your need to outdo me is apparent indeed, but I fear that day shall never come.

Also, a man sings out with a DON! Chase your dreams! I AM THE MAN WHO WILL BECOME THE PIRATE KING!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-24, 11:43 AM
You pitifully hide your fear from me with your dream to be a pirate king, thatīs what it is, thatīs what itīl ever be, a dream.

Also, I play with poker chips, not real money.

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-24, 11:45 AM
I believe that, as an undead, Zero is immune to fear. Might want to rethink your statement thar.

Besides, pirates are awesome.

Kaelaroth
2008-07-24, 11:46 AM
Is Ballet manly? I mean, it's got the great charisma, fantastic physique, sexual prowess, and stunning prowling power package tied right into it... But then, does the dancing make it girly? I've never understood this.

*kicks Serpy off pole*
*offers free drinks to any guy who'll take her place*

Jibar
2008-07-24, 11:46 AM
Hey I beat all of you.

I don't use poker chips or money or skittles or anything of that kind.

I use clothes.

:biggrin:

@^ I don't even need the drinks. *pole dance*

Thufir
2008-07-24, 11:48 AM
I think we were meant to have more than one pole, Kael. Although, Serp did sell one for scrap metal earlier, so we might be down to one now.
Not dancing, I'm afraid. Anyone else?

Edit: Hell: yeah. We have a pole-dancing cat-muffin now.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-24, 11:51 AM
Hey I beat all of you.

I use clothes.

Interesting.
Women usually donīt play that version.

And when I regularly played tournaments, it was usually only guys playing. And all of us to my knowledge are straight, so no need for it back then...

*cheers on Jibar*

Kaelaroth
2008-07-24, 11:51 AM
Interesting.

Meh, who needs 'em? :smallamused:

*cheers on Jibar*

Jibar
2008-07-24, 11:53 AM
Interesting.

You just need to know the right women mate.
And as I mentioned in the Girl Thread, I know a lot of women.

Fun Fact: About twelve female friends right now, and I'm the best pole dancer.

Ilena
2008-07-24, 12:04 PM
Women like watching pole dancers too ... i asume

Phase
2008-07-24, 12:30 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/Serpentinepole.gif

No! So conflicting! Would it count as beastiality?!?! I have no idea! Blargh!

Calamity
2008-07-24, 12:33 PM
Edit: Hell: yeah. We have a pole-dancing cat-muffin now.

I'm curious. How does a cat-muffin poledance, exactly?

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-24, 12:33 PM

Mostly I think it qualifies as Serpy being awesome. That seems to happen a lot...

Whatever it is, we can appreciate the fine quality of the artwork while it lasts. :smallbiggrin:

Tormsskull
2008-07-24, 12:34 PM
I'm curious. How does a cat-muffin poledance, exactly?

Image or it didn't happen!

Stormthorn
2008-07-24, 12:51 PM
On the Rick Astley thing: I actually like the Rick Roll song. Grows on you after the fifth time you fall for the prank.

/mutter
l liked the song even before the rickrolling took off.

Anywho...serpentine wants non-paper money. Time to crack open the old vault.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/sirExcaliberdragon/GoldBars.jpg

Alright, now do i get whatever the guy with the cash was trying to get ahold of. Perhaps he was buying that pole? Or was it some service he wanted?

Phae Nymna
2008-07-24, 12:55 PM

YES. IT. IS.

Stormthorn
2008-07-24, 01:04 PM
YES. IT. IS.

Seconded.

And Thirded for extra measure.

Ilena
2008-07-24, 01:08 PM

No its not, for she has a human part ... unless humans are classified as beasts as well .. technicly by law a half human/half animal should be classified as a person (at least in my mind :P)

Pinnacle
2008-07-24, 01:26 PM

How manly is that, huh?!

I had a (female) professor who made her own maille.

Like Girl Genius (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com), in which our heroine is currently doing battle against a lass in a frilly pink outfit, who also has a frilly pink airship?

That is steampunk, isn't it?

Shraik
2008-07-24, 01:52 PM
What about blowing s**t up? is that manly? What if it's done with a Microwave?
Manly: Yes/no?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-07-24, 02:08 PM
Blowing stuff up is manly.
Blowing stuff up in a microwave is not manly.

WalkingTarget
2008-07-24, 02:12 PM
Blowing stuff up is manly.
Blowing stuff up in a microwave is not manly.

What if the thing you blow up with the microwave is a convenience store (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZt0fAZ018E&feature=related)?

Trog
2008-07-24, 02:28 PM
*gets slapped*

Fresh! :smallbiggrin:

*sees avatar getting "exercise"* :smalleek:

Now that's more like it! Trog's always a sucker for girls working their way through school. And girls working. And... well... um... just girls, really. :smallamused: *gets another beer. Sits in front row of stage, holds ruby in mouth*

Lex-Kat
2008-07-24, 03:11 PM
Hey I beat all of you.

I use clothes.

I want to play poker with Jibar!:smallbiggrin:

de-trick
2008-07-24, 03:11 PM
Image or it didn't happen!

hi 4chan, hows it going, funny thing with 4chan it doesn't work for me anymore

for blowing things up, bigger is better and explosions and fire is also very manly.

Homemade flamethrowers, gas started fires, roman candle fights all very manly yes/no

potatocubed
2008-07-24, 03:14 PM

Nope. Bestiality is a crime because animals cannot give informed consent to sexual activity*. Therefore, anything sentient is fair game so long as you can convince him/her/it to say 'yes'.

*With humans. With other animals is okay. Consent is also apparently not necessary to make them into meat products.

Purple Cloak
2008-07-24, 03:18 PM

I aprove strongly of this.

@ PZ: don't start quoting one peice, we got told off for quoting Death note if you remeber. :smallfrown:

As for fighting giant robots with a sword, yep definatly manly, who ever said it.

I'd also ask to join in the poker with Jabar but I don't know how to play so that wouldn't help very much. :smallconfused:

@ Gwyn_ap_Nud: blowing ANYTHING up is awesome and manly, don't forget we arn't suposed to understand how to use such appliances

*pretends not to know how to make cookies*

Nychta
2008-07-24, 03:49 PM
*enters the guy thread*

Now see, in New Zealand, I consider virtually everyone to be fairly manly, I guess it's something about living in a country where all the kids run barefoot on rocks and climb trees right to the top, where all the spiky leaves and fragile branches are.

Blowing stuff up is not necessarily manly. Fireworks are not manly, because nowadays they're just little lights. Blowing yummy food up is not manly. Blowing up tiny amounts of diluted chemicals up in a science lab with safety goggles on is not manly at all.

And, because I can never get my female friends to agree with me on this one:
Poker is a life skill. Yes/No?

Purple Cloak
2008-07-24, 03:56 PM
Blowing up tiny amounts of diluted chemicals up in a science lab with safety goggles on is not manly at all.

Realy? damn, i'm realy good at that.

well if poker is a life skill, i've failed at life already.

WalkingTarget
2008-07-24, 03:58 PM
And, because I can never get my female friends to agree with me on this one:

You must be able to play at least 1 variation of poker. You don't even need to be able to play it well, but if somebody says, for example, "seven card stud" or "Texas hold'em" you should know how to play it. Learning more is just gravy.

I'm not particularly good at poker, but I'm not as bad as some people I've played against. That might just be the fact that I play very conservatively so I don't go bust early if we're playing tournament-style or something.

Player_Zero
2008-07-24, 04:01 PM
Not really a life skill in the same manner that playing computer games isn't a life skill. Sure, you can beat your friends at it, maybe make a little money, but unless you're turning it into a career then it's not really very useful.

Also, I'll quote One Piece when and where I want! Besides, noone around here actually seems to have seen it anyway.

The Bushranger
2008-07-24, 04:12 PM
*pokes head in*

So...has anyone made the obligitory poker pun yet?

*ahem*

Not too good at playing poker here. But I need to learn...

Purple Cloak
2008-07-24, 04:12 PM
Also, I'll quote One Piece when and where I want! Besides, noone around here actually seems to have seen it anyway.

Well exept us it seems. :smallbiggrin:

Shadow
2008-07-24, 04:16 PM
It probably won't come as a huge surprise to anyone from Structured Games, but I'm not what you'd call a terrible poker player. :smallwink:

We usually run a couple of tables of Hold 'Em on Tuesdays. I rarely, if ever, leave with less than I came with.
That's a regular Tuesday game that we play before everyone shows up for D&D. Been doing it that way for about 8 years.

Deepblue706
2008-07-24, 04:35 PM
What if the thing you blow up with the microwave is a convenience store (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZt0fAZ018E&feature=related)?

That is at least half as manly as lumberjacking, although not quite as manly as any of these amazing feats (http://youtube.com/watch?v=HlTyumQ87kg&feature=related).

Collin152
2008-07-24, 04:36 PM
*kicks Serpy off pole*
*offers free drinks to any guy who'll take her place*

I'll take money equivalent to the drinks.
Oh, yeah, you love this 100-pound anorexic body.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-07-24, 05:41 PM
Manly Sport? The AFL!
Carn the Cats!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks6NozaHaJk&feature=related
Carn the Cats!
I'm going to a game tonight which will have about 100,000 spectators

Nychta
2008-07-24, 05:42 PM
Okay, a life skill like.... making small talk is a life skill.

I mean, you can't really turn up to a party and not know how to play poker, can you? At least one version? It seems so anti-social to me.

Purple Cloak
2008-07-24, 05:51 PM
Well no body EVER invites me to partys so I guess my poor poker and small talk skills are irelevant in my case.

Not that I realy care, I realy wouldn't enjoy the loud noise and watching everyone get drunk around me.

Also I might offer to get on the pole but I'd fall off, lousy low dex score...

Can I just get away with knowing how to play munchkin? :smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2008-07-24, 05:52 PM
I can't play poker. Can never remember what hand beats what.
But hey, it gives me the perfect Poker-face.

DrowVampyre
2008-07-24, 06:03 PM

Only if you know when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em, when to walk away, and when to run. ^_-

Kaelaroth
2008-07-24, 06:06 PM
I'll take money equivalent to the drinks.
Oh, yeah, you love this 100-pound anorexic body.

You look like that too? The place down the road pays triple for twins! :smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2008-07-24, 06:10 PM
You look like that too? The place down the road pays triple for twins! :smallbiggrin:

Kickass! Petty cash!

Shraik
2008-07-24, 06:10 PM
Is the recreational sport of Asphalt Diving Manly? I say yes. Takes a man to jump Backwards into solid concrete!

Also, I'd like the propose the idea of death lacrosse. Mace on one end, Bladed net on the lacrosse stick, and you have GAUNTLETS! You fight for the ball, which is on fire, to get it into the goal, to set the goalie on fire.

de-trick
2008-07-24, 06:25 PM
*enters thread after fixing the wheel on the barbecue and then cookin steaks and potatoes, listening to some aerosmith*

Only if you know when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em, when to walk away, and when to run. ^_- ]
never count ur money when your sitting at the table, theres time enought em when the dealings done

now since im done singing the gambler I can post

Also, I'd like the propose the idea of death lacrosse. Mace on one end, Bladed net on the lacrosse stick, and you have GAUNTLETS! You fight for the ball, which is on fire, to get it into the goal, to set the goalie on fire.

now lets see if we can find 2 teams to play

MrEdwardNigma
2008-07-24, 06:27 PM
Okay, a life skill like.... making small talk is a life skill.

I mean, you can't really turn up to a party and not know how to play poker, can you? At least one version? It seems so anti-social to me.
Oh, come on now, there are plenty of parties without poker.

Then again, there are plenty of parties that are too loud to even have small talk...

Darius Midnite
2008-07-24, 06:46 PM
So women, huh? *Hick* Can't live with 'em, can't live..*Falls over drunk*

But in all seriousness, I'm having a hard time understanding them. If you defend her in an argument she's having with some bloke, she gets mad at you because "you don't think she can handle herself properly". But If you don't defend her, she is all up in your face about you not standing up for her when she needed you. It's all sixes and sevens...

Nychta
2008-07-24, 06:48 PM

Then again, there are plenty of parties that are too loud to even have small talk...

Welll yes but all parties are made better with poker. All of them!

Collin152
2008-07-24, 06:48 PM
The answer is to just nod in her direction. Often.

Purple Cloak
2008-07-24, 06:52 PM
The answer is to just nod in her direction. Often.

Theirs always the option of forsaking women forever, but thats not usualy very helpful, plus its mean.

Thufir
2008-07-24, 07:12 PM
Is the recreational sport of Asphalt Diving Manly? I say yes. Takes a man to jump Backwards into solid concrete!

This is exactly why I'm not that manly. Because I have common sense.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-07-24, 07:14 PM
Yo, whadup homies?

So, where's the beer?

PS: if you can hear someone talking at a party, in my books it's a bad party.

de-trick
2008-07-24, 07:16 PM

yah i've been to alot of those already, by the 5th time u repeat yourself u, just end up saying F it, wasnt important anyways, execpt for that one time i needed to know where the bathroom was

Collin152
2008-07-24, 07:17 PM
homies
I've decided to consider that word a slur agaisnt homosexuals.
Tread carefully.