PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming a 4E Class: The Clown

chronoplasm
2008-07-23, 06:26 PM
"Nobody in their right mind likes clowns. Only crazy people like clowns. Normal people hate and fear clowns. Groups of adventurers sometimes use this to their advantage. When arrows start flying, who do you think the Kobolds are going to shoot at first? The Clown! That's who!"

So this is my take on the "Martial Controller" class.

Some ideas for powers:

Bag of Rats
The Clown deals 1 damage to each adjacent enemy. For each enemy killed in this way, the Clown deals 1 additional damage to a single nearby target.

Potty Humor
The Clown farts loudly, repulsing nearby enemies.

Slapstick
If this attack hits successfully, all other nearby enemies must do a will check or they start laughing uncontrollably.

POW!
If this attack hits successfully, it deals 1 sonic damage to each enemy within 2 squares of its target.

Not Me!
Switch places with an adjacent enemy. All other enemies that are now adjacent to it make an opportunity attack against that enemy.

Duck!
If you are flanked by two enemies, they both make an opportunity attack against one another.

Poke
This attack deals 1 temporary damage to a single target. You do not have to roll against the targets AC for this attack.

Knock Knock
This attack deals extra damage if its target is near a door.

Gygaxian Charm
The Gem explodes.

Heckling Strike
This attack damages not only the targets health, but also their dignity. (some kind of debuff effect.)

Clown Song
The inverse of the bardic song. This song decreases the enemy's morale.

I'm still trying to figure out what these guys will do for weapons and armor and such.
What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Ideas? Should I just not bother?