PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Halfling Ranger Question

Blackdrop
2008-07-23, 06:32 PM
I'm trying to build a Halfling Ranger who specializes in throwing weapons. It's kinda of going to 3.x when halflings had an attack bonus with thrown weapons.

Anyway, if I'm dueling-wielding two throwing axes, meeting the requirements for Careful Attack, one turn, would I still qualify for Careful Attack, if I threw one of the axes for the ranged weapon part?

My confusion is, does the Throwing Axe count as a ranged weapon in context of the power, since you use a Ranged Basic Attack for a non-power attack, or does it count as a melee weapon since it counted as one on the Equipment tables. :smallconfused:

erikun
2008-07-23, 06:46 PM
p. 215 PHB

"A melee weapon with the heavy thrown or the light thrown properity counts as a ranged weapon when thrown and can be used with ranged attack powers that have the weapon keyword."

So, if you were using two throwing axes (or even one throwing axe), you could still throw one using Careful Attack.

Also: Quick Draw feat will allow you to draw a weapon as part of the action to attack with it. If you held one throwing axe had a second on your belt, you could quick draw it and attack with the two melee weapon variant of Careful Attack.

Blackdrop
2008-07-23, 06:53 PM
Alright, cool, thank you.