PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Creation, Thread 2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Xuincherguixe
2008-07-30, 02:03 AM
You can't call yourself Odin until you start doing super badass things, like throwing a spear through 10 people, jumping on top of it, have a glass of mead, rip off your own leg to bash the head in of someone not hit by the spear, and writing a poem in your own blood.

That's about half as badass as Odin.

edit: Also, I don't know what's fair to put up against the Qi since they don't have challenge ratings :P

Faithless
2008-07-30, 02:15 AM
the Qi are pretty epic

tsuuga
2008-07-30, 07:42 AM
I'm pretty iffy on the shielding artifact - it's a complete "Screw you" to anybody who isn't a god. I'd recommend, say, turning the wall into an artifact. Allowing Haras to reshape it at will, for quick repairs, and to extrude a number of Earth Elementals from its surface.

Draken
2008-07-30, 11:06 AM
Elementals havent been created yet.

For some reason, I think we should have made it so that stuff other than the prime, for some reason submerged, material plane existed.

Vadin
2008-07-30, 11:42 AM
On a completely unrelated note, just plain 'Bard' isn't listed under classes.

Rizban
2008-07-30, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty iffy on the shielding artifact - it's a complete "Screw you" to anybody who isn't a god. I'd recommend, say, turning the wall into an artifact. Allowing Haras to reshape it at will, for quick repairs, and to extrude a number of Earth Elementals from its surface.
That sounds much better. I like that idea.

On a completely unrelated note, just plain 'Bard' isn't listed under classes.
That's cause no one has made just plain bards...

alchemyprime
2008-07-30, 12:25 PM
Its true. People have only made bard variants. So normal bards are no existant.

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 12:26 PM
Well, I'm mostly looking for something to help when the invasion comes. And since it costs 1 AP to activate and deactivate, that would take all of my AP each week to use it once. There wouldn't be a way to get food in the city, so I'd have to spend AP to nourish populace. I could probably keep the bubble up for as long as I needed, but I wouldn't be able to do anything else. Other gods would be able to get in eventually, and if any non-gods got this closed on them, well, I don't see how it's any worse than anything else a god can do to royally screw a non-god. And if the non-god was high enough level, they can just cast an epic disjunction spell on it to break it that way.

Rizban
2008-07-30, 12:31 PM
If it's a combat artifact, it adds 0.5 to your CR. I don't see how it needs any more effects on divine combat than that. It already raises your CR to represent the defenses it possesses. The other effects are basically just fluff but should be included so that it's not just a +0.5CR item.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 01:06 PM
the Qi are pretty epic

Thank you, wait till you see the King and Queen take action

Faithless
2008-07-30, 01:06 PM
You still have to post their stats up in the homebrew though Innis

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 01:07 PM
You still have to post their stats up in the homebrew though Innis

Working on it >.>

I have alot on my plate as far as homebrew goes...and i need to actualy -update- the homebrew section as well. Monsters are my weak point as CR gives me problems working to.

Vadin
2008-07-30, 02:04 PM
Hmm...yes, it would seem I did forget to create just plain bards...I'll have to fix that this week. Can you spend 1 AP to teach a class to a populace if there are already two classes a lot like it and the god teaching it is a member of that class? Or do I still have to spend 2 AP and try and come up with some other class as well?

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 02:09 PM
it only takes one point regardless to teach a class anything.

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 02:37 PM
Ok, so could I make a combat artifact that only adds a bonus when I'm defending, but gives a somewhat larger bonus? Also, what would the stats be if I made a greater artifact, by spending 6 AP or so? Or would that essentially be the same as getting two 3 AP artifacts?

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 03:01 PM
Ok, so could I make a combat artifact that only adds a bonus when I'm defending, but gives a somewhat larger bonus? Also, what would the stats be if I made a greater artifact, by spending 6 AP or so? Or would that essentially be the same as getting two 3 AP artifacts?

that would be two artifacts worth i would say. Though, if it is a more or less shield against all but the divine....how do you think that would make the inhabitants feel and evolve?

Faithless
2008-07-30, 03:02 PM
If you want a defensive bonus by a DCM.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 03:06 PM
If you want a defensive bonus by a DCM.

its for his city Faithless,not for his god

Faithless
2008-07-30, 03:14 PM
oh. Someone wanna repost it's specs?

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 03:17 PM
Thinking of making some type of artifact to protect Haradar. Maybe something like an activated shield that keeps out attackers. Gods could probably break it, for 1 AP, or a disjunction. Of course, I would know they were doing it, and probably move to stop them. If I could, I'd like to make this a major artifact instead. Takes more AP to destroy it (2? 3?) and even then can come back if I channel some AP into it (1? 2?) to keep it up. disjunction wouldn't work to remove it for the greater version, or at least not a non-epic version.

How does that sound? I have 5 AP, 7 this thursday, that I would be willing to spend on it. It only has to cover a 1-mile sphere, so what do you guys think the cost should be for something like this?

My question still remains for you Agentpaper, how would people who live in that environment react to the world outside -after- being in it for so long, its a pretty heafty thing for mortals to have

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 04:07 PM
My question still remains for you Agentpaper, how would people who live in that environment react to the world outside -after- being in it for so long, its a pretty heafty thing for mortals to have

Exactly, it would probably make them pretty isolationist. I only really mean to use it as a last line of defense, where the very existence of the city is threatened. And I would keep it up as little time as possible, less than a year at most, though longer if I really needed to.

Faithless
2008-07-30, 04:23 PM
Seems overpowered. Making a mortal race indestructible. But if it it created it's not like there's not an easy way around it.

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 04:28 PM
Not indestructible. Other gods can use AP to take it out, or alternately an epic-level caster could disjunction it.

And it would be a greater artifact, so 6AP or whatever you guys think is reasonable.

Nefarion Xid
2008-07-30, 04:37 PM
You could make a utility artifact that, upon activation, casts 218,846 Walls of Force in hemispherical matrix. Not totally unreasonable for an artifact.

(Yes, I did the math for the surface of a hemisphere....although you needn't make the shield perfectly hemispherical unless you have half-mile high buildings in the center of town)

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 05:10 PM
What CL would it have?

Edit: Best would be 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, 64, 81, or 100. That way, each wall of force would be a square, 10-100 feet to a side.

Or does it matter for anything other than the size of each wall? Would higher CL make it harder to dispel?

Nefarion Xid
2008-07-30, 05:28 PM
I don't actually know if you can create a magic item with a caster level above 20...

Making an artifact seems like a boondoggle to me though. Protecting an entire city from godly wrath feels imprudent. If a god wanted to wipe your city off the face of the Playground, they'd be sensible enough to eliminate Haras first (and if the shield serves to protect Haras, that'd just be a Combat Artifact), then stomp on the city as their leisure. That's a big if. IF a god wanted to get their hands dirty and IF they considered the city some sort of threat. Klik'chak didn't so much as spend AP to pound on Haradar, he didn't do anything worse than a level 16 wizard might have done.

So, I would say your best bet might be mundane defenses. Arm the city with hundreds of ballista, ballista net launchers, enchanted cannons that cast fireball on command. Set the bar equal to "defending VS a great wyrm attack". If a Great Red Wyrm attacks Haradar, you're good...if a god attacks, you've got bigger problems.

Vadin
2008-07-30, 06:08 PM
Alternatively, you could spend the AP to create a race of para-earth elemental creatures to live inside the stone walls (as in, they meld into the stone) and that can shoot their own defenses out or repair the walls with an at-will repair spell. Of course, you'd have to make them fanatically devoted to serving your god's will...you know, just to be safe...

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 06:16 PM
I was thinking more about the gods that will be invading soon. Being a demi-god, I don't think I'll stand much chance against them. Even so, I'd probably be with you guys to give assist bonuses, and while I'm gone, I'd like to know that Haradar, at least, will survive for the time being. If nothing else, it should help keep Haradar alive even if I fall in the upcoming godly battle. (And we win)

I'd be fine with making it a less powerful artifact that just casts wall of force, and dimensional lock to cover the entire city. Assuming a CL of 20...

33,136 walls of force. Each is 400 feet high and half a foot wide, in a ring around the walls.:smallsmile:
218,956 walls of force. Each is .076 feet wide and half a mile long, arrayed in a circular pattern above and below the city. :smallamused:

The walls of force form a cylinder around the city, 100 feet underground and 300 feet into the air. Even if you break part of the wall, you will likely only make a small gap, so you'd need to break a few just to get a person in.

Right outside the wall of force is a set of Prismatic Walls. 15,756 prismatic walls. They are all 40 feet wide 80 feet tall. Set as close to the walls of force as possible.

I was also thinking of covering the whole inside of this area with Dimensional Locks. This is tricky, as it's just a 20 foot emanation, so you can't make them as efficient as the walls. Assuming I make the area mutable somehow, that would be 261,360 dimensional locks. If I can't it would be somewhat more, but I'm not sure.

So, how about an artifact that creates:

252,082 Walls of Force
15,756 Prismatic Walls
261,360 Dimensional locks

Would pretty much rule out attacks by a conventional army, unless they had a high level spellcaster. (which they should) Even then, it's not easy per se to attack the city, but very much possible. A small strike team would have the easiest way in, having only to break through 1 prismatic wall and 2-3 walls of force to get themselves in. Teleporting in is out of the question, though. Could be activated by anyone, though it's kept in the center of the city, and I'll impose laws on how and when it can be used. I would assume the artifact keeps everything running for as long as needed, and re-casts any dispelled parts in some amount of days. Maybe a wall of force comes back a day later, and a prismatic wall a week later.

How does this sound?

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 06:36 PM
Eh...really no opinion on the giant force wall effect...i don't see why it couldnt be a custom spell made to make a single force wall over the whole place, less complication, less crazy rules, etc

Also, its not even about the isolation. There are demi-gods giving this out to mortals, that has an effect on the mind set of mortals everywhere. "We are safe, because their are gods who have our back", yes they all know the gods exist, but many gods havent really directly effected the races at large. A giant force field around a city is..well...coddeling. This is no way criticism over the idea, its actually as close to praise from me your going to get. So long as those issues are adressed, as they would be issue's, sort of like a man or woman who has never had reason to leave their house would have difficulty with say...street lights. Other then that....go ahead and do all the insane calculations you want, so long as its not the Ubershield, it dosnt bother me at all

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 06:42 PM
Yeah, put with the undead laborers, the city is going to be pretty much chock full of rich, lazy dwarves. Think of a sultan, and then imagine a few hundred living in the city. However, while the few hundred sultans live inside the walls, the rest of the city will eventually be pushed out of the wall, for the most part. And Haras isn't going to hand them food, so they have to do some sort of work for it. Not lower class, quite, since the undead do most of the manual labor, but middle class for sure. They'll produce quite a lot of trade goods, and have plenty of time to become master smiths and craftsmen, not to mention building all sorts of monuments.

That's all in the future though. The city still has to make it's own food at the moment.

Edit: And I'm fine with making it just a smooth sphere wall of force and prismatic wall, and a single dimensional lock over the whole thing. Just as long as something used to dispel the prismatic wall or wall of force can only take down parts at a time.

tsuuga
2008-07-30, 06:42 PM
Just an OOC note, but Kaern will be forging the Rings of Transport early next week, and since the Haradar were on his original plan, they'll have a portal to let them fall back to Enigma's citadel, should they need to.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 06:47 PM
Just an OOC note, but Kaern will be forging the Rings of Transport early next week, and since the Haradar were on his original plan, they'll have a portal to let them fall back to Enigma's citadel, should they need to.

Woot, question for you Tsuuga, when is 2nd chance comming around?

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 06:52 PM

That's another fallback plan I will use. Actually, the artifact, whatever it looks like, will be the centerpiece of some fountain in the middle of the city, and the portal will be part of another sculpture nearby. If the sphere is breached, the artifact will be brought through the portal along with the populace of the city, as well as a good number of decanters of endless water. How big is the fortress? If it could fit in a 1 mile sphere, then that would be perfect.

tsuuga
2008-07-30, 07:51 PM
Second chance will be coming around as soon as I finish the (monstrously long :smalleek:) post I'm writing for the IC thread. So, in, like half an hour. I have no idea how large Enigma's fortress is... since the plane is divinely morphic, I suspect the answer is "as big as it needs to be"

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 08:01 PM
Second chance will be coming around as soon as I finish the (monstrously long :smalleek:) post I'm writing for the IC thread. So, in, like half an hour. I have no idea how large Enigma's fortress is... since the plane is divinely morphic, I suspect the answer is "as big as it needs to be"

Thats probably a safe bet honestly. And i ask only because Xiua will have a present for Kaern come next week

Also, on an unrelated note. The Avatarist is "well on his way to being done" with the sigtar, and Alxh gave me his description, i would think we'll have it before the war starts.

tsuuga
2008-07-30, 08:12 PM
cool :smallbiggrin:

The monster post is now done. It's only four scenes... :smalltongue:

In summary:
Xam explains to Osric about the coming invasion, gifts Osric with a Lung Dragon mount; the two of them go to meet Moko, and Osric sets off to spread the word. Kaern finally creates Second Chance. Osric returns to Ind's village to a cold reception, and decides that if demons are going to defend the playground, he'll have to beat some discipline into them.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 08:15 PM
Only? Tommorow will be a monster post for me sadly..Chochin is comming, as is the other side of the world(maybe even the islands, not sure but Faithless and i have been chatting about it)

And, if allowed, The Herald of the War might be comming....need to talk to Alch about it

tsuuga
2008-07-30, 08:16 PM
Yeah, only. There's a character limit on single posts, after all... (kidding! It's not that long :smallwink:)

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 08:24 PM
Went through it all, very interesting. New god to Xiua as well, as i think he was made while Xiua was asleep

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-07-30, 09:14 PM
Osric could potentially gain the Herald domain/portfolio. It would fit with Hero, don't you think?

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 09:43 PM
Tsuuga

Would it be possible to get an updated map with cities perhaps?

/duck

tsuuga
2008-07-30, 10:05 PM
I've been considering the Herald domain for him, actually :smallbiggrin:, although he's still got a bunch of Divine Actions to do before he qualifies.

Yeah, we could use an update to the map. I'll get cracking on that...

Vadin: I don't really want to post a bunch of short posts where Osric responds to everybody; I'm thinking the best solution is to just PM Osric's response to edit in. Sound good to people? And yes, he'd be happy to have them as followers. He's not as strict on Law as he is on Good :smallwink:

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 10:08 PM
Alright, we have a map for the other side of the world already made up, as its rather limited in space.

Vadin
2008-07-30, 10:12 PM
I was actually kind of assuming Osric wouldn't really know about the Sky Knights until he picked them up for the war, I was just making sure it wouldn't mess with any plans you might have. He doesn't need to actually be there or anything, the Sky Knights will pretty much just worship him (except, of course, when they're actually fighting with him). Hero worship in the most literal extreme.

Edit: How odd for Chaotic Good members of an organization to have a Lawful Good patron deity...:smalltongue: (wait, he is lawful good, right?)

tsuuga
2008-07-30, 10:15 PM
Worshipers is what I meant to type :smalleek:. They're already exaggerating his deeds, I see :smallbiggrin:

Edit: World map is 30% open. If I don't get extra RAM for my birthday (:smallwink:), I think I'm going to produce a smaller res version of the world map to work off of, and make separate files for each continent.

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 10:39 PM
Hey, one thing. What happens in the "twilight" zone where the sun isn't shining ever on one side, and the other side, never comes close enough to affect. Should we make this some sort of huge ice wall? Would be pretty cool, and would serve as an obvious barrier between the two parts of the world, allowing them to develop very different cultures.

Edit: Tried the map, but it didn't work. Also, I should note that the above wall of ice would form naturally, and would actually have formed by now, and be pretty big. Probably a few hundred miles wide, though not all of it would be solid ice, of course. Think north pole.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 10:46 PM
Hey, one thing. What happens in the "twilight" zone where the sun isn't shining ever on one side, and the other side, never comes close enough to affect. Should we make this some sort of huge ice wall? Would be pretty cool, and would serve as an obvious barrier between the two parts of the world, allowing them to develop very different cultures.

The "twilight" zones are regular seas, the middles will be arctic, with iceburgs, The sun/moon side will have weather patterns, while as one gets closer to the other side, fog will become a dominant feature.

The Barrier is the fact that the distances are....extreme between the two, and that no god has introduced ships(though if you look at Chochin, its in his portfolio, and will be introduced tommorow)

And happy b-day Tsuuga...when ever it is.

Nefarion Xid
2008-07-30, 10:54 PM
I was feeling kind of iffy on this newfangled celestial set up you guys were creating. But, I have to admit, the idea of a planet with a light side and a dark side is pretty cool.

Updated stats for the Godlance coming soon (no big rush since the stats are fluff and the only thing it does in this game is raise my CR by +1/2). Only important bits are that it's Large sized (Lossethir is Medium with Monkey Grip and assorted feats) and that, while it has no ego, it automatically assaults anyone disturbing it with constant Cold damage. If a mortal so much as pokes it...they'll probably have their blood frozen.

Edit: Don't forget the Icewrack region in the far north for the updated map. Please and thank you.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 10:59 PM
I think everyone will really like the other side we've come up with, i know i am excited over it. Though i might be biased, i think its a pretty innovative and unique idea. And thats at least what i'm going for in my actions, a departure from the norm in a fantasy game.

On the Moon and Sun side(we should think of a name for both eventually) the sun and moon operate normally, with the markded difference's of raising and setting' of the sun and moon. On the other side....well i wont ruin the surprise other then whats already been posted.

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 11:12 PM
Well, on one side, the sun would make the land earth-like. On the dark side, however, it would all just freeze over. Assuming the lantern dragon god thing thaws the ice where it shines it's lantern, that would make that side earth-like as well. But there would probably be a "ring of ice" where little light came on one side from the sun because of the angle, and on the other, the lantern dragon god doesn't come close enough to thaw the ice, or at least not very often. So, a ring of ice 'round the planet.

tsuuga
2008-07-30, 11:16 PM
I, too, quite like that there are two sides to the planet.

Sorry, AgentPaper... I need to be getting to bed, and didn't check up on this thread until I was just about to post up what I've got, map-wise. For now, I'm just putting up the main continent of Ramua - It's got the most stuff to fill in anyway. If you feel something needs to be added, just open up the small map in mspaint, draw it on, and post it on imageshack.

Full-size map of Ramua (http://tlndxa.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p6QfbqTW2PkUytCF4tDVkZYIpJ_C8YkiG4bNPXI2lZerHaVQ MvRjJQnV_SgAHfQ-DVaNmFlwVCyA/Ramua.png)
Medium map of Ramua (http://tlndxa.blu.livefilestore.com/y1ppJcJlDt0M6VyjqLZsvTbLXcCbwe2D_FN8mydxASsgVH4Jrd gp4HgWb2g2FTtqWhkl3YhD6C_lSM/Ramua%20medium.png)
Small map of Ramua (http://tlndxa.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pa69jzkCaiD3kko5Wtbg5J-euHmxX5b9DeT0I1H_QGKJd8oHpeJ7dlc7Ll47VZLs0MAG5H8dS U-o/Ramua%20small.jpg)

Faithless
2008-07-30, 11:18 PM
Who's lake is right by the glade?

Matar
2008-07-30, 11:21 PM
Two things: Has anything about gameplay been diffrent or like, I get any votes? I'v been... not paying attention xD.

And er, has there ever been a summary about Lords of Creation made yet?

Moose Fisher
2008-07-30, 11:31 PM
I don't remember a lake being in the Glade either. Otherwise, great job on the maps Tsuuga!

Week 7 is getting close... Do we have any plans?

Faithless
2008-07-30, 11:34 PM
Hmm I have a few plans.

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 11:34 PM
Logically, it should get colder the farther you go from the Sunfire Hearth, as that is directly under the sun, right? If you start getting cold right north of it so quickly, then the rest of the continent should be surrounded by ice like this, right?

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8229/ramuaicedp0.th.jpg (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ramuaicedp0.jpg)

If that's the case, then the south desert would be covered in ice, as is easily seen. The desert should instead be north, near the sunfire hearth.

Alternately, I misunderstood, and sunfire hearth is NOT directly under the sun. If it isn't, then I would guess the southern desert is, or at least is the closest to it. If that's the case, then I guess I'm just blowing smoke again.

And any word on the artifact I proposed? Creates a Wall of Force and Prismatic Wall in a 1-mile sphere around it. As well, it creates a Dimensional Lock inside that sphere. Can be activated and deactivated by manipulating it somehow. If a spell is cast on the walls that would dispel them, it instead dispels a 20 foot diameter circle of the wall. Dispelled wall of force seals up in a day. (24 hours) Dispelled Prismatic Wall seals up in 10 days (240 hours). When the device is active, it cannot be moved, similar to an Immovable Rod.

Edit: This is one of my main plans. I will probably make another artifact or two, and further develop the fighting ability and resources of the Haradar on the whole. I would REALLY appreciate it if Eul did something with the caravan already. They should have been back a long time ago, really.

Rizban
2008-07-30, 11:40 PM
Agent Paper, the Hearth is not directly under the sun. That's just where Eli "kissed" the ground. Ramua and Xiua are BOTH on the sun side of the planet. You're forgetting an entire continent. The "equator" runs somewhere between the two in a north east / south west direction. (or was that north west to south east?)

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 11:43 PM
I half-suspected as much. Never mind then. As I guessed above, I'm just blowing smoke.

Moose Fisher
2008-07-30, 11:50 PM
If a large portion of the world is ice, the heat must keep Enigma's Volcanoes from freezing over.

Didn't Elimansion and Xiua'Hi agree to allow the sun and moon to rotate in a Earthly manner?
For the sake of simplicity, I suggest we move onto that system.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-30, 11:51 PM
The sun and moon do rotate in an earthly manner. The Earth on the other hand does not.

Rizban
2008-07-30, 11:52 PM
This is a cropped version of an older map showing the main landmasses. They are no longer accurate, but it's close to their approximate locations. I've drawn in a compass point and approximately where I would guess the equator to be. Since the south eastern most bits of Ramua are desert from the scorching sun and the easternmost bits of Xiua are also desert, I have tried to place the equator between them. I could be wrong on its angle and placement though, as much more of Xiua is desert than Ramua.

Map (http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1367/equatorgg1.png)

Vadin
2008-07-31, 12:01 AM
Don't forget to take the mountains off of Xiua and have them flying somewhere.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 12:08 AM
Added the changes Nefarion Xid and I have made to Ramua that you forgot to add.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1295/ramuasmalluz5.th.jpg (http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1295/ramuasmalluz5.jpg)

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 12:13 AM
There is no equator per say, as the sun doesn't go around the playground. The sun and the moon orbit each other (or some point, if you wanna look at it like that) far away from the playground. The sun doesn't move through the sky, it just goes in front and behind the moon once a day. (which makes the day/night cycle) So, there's some point in the world that is the hottest, and it gets colder the further you go from there.

Moose Fisher
2008-07-31, 12:19 AM
The sun and moon do rotate in an earthly manner. The Earth on the other hand does not.
As long as it's around the Material Plane.

(Take that Galileo, the heavenly bodies rotate around the 'Earth'!:smalltongue:)

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 12:20 AM
They rotate around an arbitrary point in space

Nefarion Xid
2008-07-31, 12:22 AM
Added the changes Nefarion Xid and I have made to Ramua that you forgot to add.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1295/ramuasmalluz5.th.jpg (http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1295/ramuasmalluz5.jpg)

Yeah, I made a pin-cushion out of the north. Nothing but humongous shards of ice sticking out of the ground like pillars, but radiating out from the center.

Faithless
2008-07-31, 12:23 AM
Anything a good distance away from the land masses is probably going to frigid water.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 12:24 AM
The sun does move about an arbitrary point in space. "Equator" is defined as the line receiving the most direct sunlight. There wouldn't be an equator around the entire planet. It would pick up somewhere short of the the twilight zone (dooo do do do dooo do do do) and follow the daily path of the sun to somewhere just shy of the other side.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 12:34 AM
Does the sun go back and forth enough to be noticeable? I don't think it does, because it would have to move a tremendous distance, and then the moon would have to be ridiculously large to block it for any noticeable time. I think the sun basically stays in one fixed point in the sky from the view of someone on the ground, and then gets blocked out by the moon each night, with the moon also staying in a fixed point. You might be able to notice a little difference, but I doubt it would be anything near enough to create any sort of equator. The equator would be, really, a point in the center of the light side of the playground.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 12:37 AM
They rotate around a fixed point. When the sun goes away, it is gone for a number of hours the moon is in the sky. Its as simple as that. There is a clear dawn, dusk, night, and day transition.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 12:48 AM
Yes. But the sun doesn't travel across the sky, so no equator. Also, can you see the moon? Technically you should see an eclipse-like halo all night, but I think we can ignore that with the rule of cool. Still, is the moon visible and glowy like earth moon? or black and invisible with no light to reflect?

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 12:51 AM
Yes the sun travels across the sky, there is an equator. The pyhsics involved are not important, just that
1. The sun and moon rotate around a point in space, the sun sets, as decreed by the Sun God. The Moon raises and sets, as decreed by the Moon God.
2. There is a day/night cycle with a raising and setting sun. Dawn and Twlight have been decreed by the very words of the universe to exist and that night and day are equal.
3. The other side of the planet has not even been seen, so in reality, no one knows whats on the other side. There might be flying wombats and demons spawned from paper airplanes....its anyones guess.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 01:00 AM
AgentPaper, does this help?

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5564/solar2pp2.png

If you're standing on a point, such as where the P hits the edge of the planet, you will see the sun moving across the sky. Not only that, but it will grow in size over the course of the day. Now, obviously this is NOT a scale model. The sun is probably both larger and farther away from the planet, but the orbit is still large enough for there to be a full day cycle.

I would hazard a guess that once it gets past the "end" point, i.e., it's on the half of the orbit farther away from the planet, it probably becomes 'invisible' and the moon becomes 'visible' to the inhabitants of Playground. Whichever one is closest is the only one that is visible.

Faithless
2008-07-31, 01:02 AM
Dude. The Moon is a demiplane. A divinely morphic demiplane. He can MAKE it glow. Science don't need to be there all the time if we can rationalize it even with deific powers. Ra in the form of a giant dung beetle pushing the sun across the sky is just as good a reason as a giant ball of flaming plasma that makes life possible on earth. Perhaps even better.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:10 AM
Dude. The Moon is a demiplane. A divinely morphic demiplane. He can MAKE it glow. Science don't need to be there all the time if we can rationalize it even with deific powers. Ra in the form of a giant dung beetle pushing the sun across the sky is just as good a reason as a giant ball of flaming plasma that makes life possible on earth. Perhaps even better.

I know, I was just wondering what you wanted to happen with it.

As for the picture, I understand how that works completely. I also understand that if the sun had that large an orbit, it would require a moon at least half the size of that orbit to have any sort of day/night cycle. As well, it would mean that different parts of the playground get more or less light at different times of day, and the sun would be so far during many parts of the day that it would be a distant speck, whereas in midday, it would be a huge orb in the sky.

You could say that this all works by magic laws of creation, and that the sun just travels from one point in the sky to another, and then dissapears behind the moon, which moves to the other side of the sky, and the sun comes above it, and so on, and that would be just fine. I'm just pointing out that it's a completely impossible system to have set up the way you're trying to explain it. The only way it could feasibly work without breaking all laws of physics and logic, would be for the orbit to be small, and the moon big, which would mean that the sun doesn't move in the sky.

On a side note, I genuinely like the idea of the sun being in the same place all day. Having it move is just forcing it to act more like the real world sun, for no real purpose that I can see. It just seems...bland and tacky to me.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 02:28 AM
As for the picture, I understand how that works completely. I also understand that if the sun had that large an orbit, it would require a moon at least half the size of that orbit to have any sort of day/night cycle.Wrong. By divine mandate, the sun "turns off" at night, or rather, it stops shining light at Playground. It doesn't require a ginormous moon.

As well, it would mean that different parts of the playground get more or less light at different times of day, and the sun would be so far during many parts of the day that it would be a distant speck, whereas in midday, it would be a huge orb in the skyI see no problem with the sun varying in size over the course of the day. Why would there be? That would also explain why the lands along its primary course are all deserts...

You could say that this all works by magic laws of creation, and that the sun just travels from one point in the sky to another, and then dissapears behind the moon, which moves to the other side of the sky, and the sun comes above it, and so on, and that would be just fine. I'm just pointing out that it's a completely impossible system to have set up the way you're trying to explain it. The only way it could feasibly work without breaking all laws of physics and logic, would be for the orbit to be small, and the moon big, which would mean that the sun doesn't move in the sky.Or, you know, you could just accept that this is being run by GODS on a DAILY BASIS who keep it functioning the way the divine contract is written for it to work. Or if you have a problem with that, then assume the sun isn't a big sphere of burning gas but a disk that shines light like a spotlight. It can then rotate at the same speed it revolves such that the light shining face always points away from it's point of revolution, much like Earth's moon always has the same face pointed to the planet. Then the light of the sun would reach Playground the brightest at noon and would only shed partial light the rest of the day, tampering off as night approaches, and disappearing entirely past nightfall.

On a side note, I genuinely like the idea of the sun being in the same place all day. Having it move is just forcing it to act more like the real world sun, for no real purpose that I can see. It just seems...bland and tacky to me.Except that the gods of the sun and moon don't want it to function that way...

Xuincherguixe
2008-07-31, 02:30 AM
The Demons were not created to be an army. They were created to... well maybe they weren't created for any reason. They were beings of passion created by Eliminshon. The Destroyer came along and gave them a home and is fulfilling their "needs".

Also, did Faithless' new god just get evolved with the primary gods AP, and then get to start with it's own AP including the amount modified by the evolution? Is all that actually doable?

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:37 AM
Nobody ever mentioned the whole turn on and off thing. There's no point in having them orbit then, except for if those gods want them to, of course. The only thing I had hear about this stated that the moon blocked the sun during the night, so I assumed that was what the cause it.

Since we're only just now deciding how this all works, apparently, I would put out a plea to the sun and/or moon gods. Please don't have the sun move across the sky just to have it move across the sky. That serves no purpose whatsoever, and a sun that doesn't move (and a moon that doesn't move, of course) are so much cooler. Having it travel across the sky just seems tacky when the cosmology doesn't work the same way as earth's does.

I have no problem with explaining things by saying that "The gods did it". That's perfectly logical, as far as magic goes. What I have a problem with is people trying to explain things with physics and logic that don't work. The system worked with or without gods originally (or how it was originally shown) and I didn't hear anything of gods taking a direct hand in it. Then people started saying it worked in a way that obviously requires gods to take a hand in it...without saying that a god was taking a hand in it. Don't blame me for not knowing your minds...:smallconfused:

Xuincherguixe
2008-07-31, 02:40 AM
No offense AgentPaper, but this is kind of the decision of the Sun and Moon gods.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:41 AM
Which is why it's a request, not a demand. I'm only even bringing it up since I haven't seen anything from them saying what is what.

Edit: Why do people always interpret what I say as trying to tell people what to do? :smallfrown:

Edit Edit: I'm going to assume the artifact is fine with everyone, for 3 AP. Creating it in a few minutes.

Nefarion Xid
2008-07-31, 02:48 AM
See, now I want to create an ice moon that orbits the planet like normal moons do. Oh...or maybe an ice RING!

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:50 AM
See, now I want to create an ice moon orbits the planet like normal moons do. Oh...or maybe an ice RING!

Well, there's a ring of rice around the "anti-equator" where the sun doesn't shine as much, and chochin doesn't head over as much. (Unless some god is gunna poof those? Everyone seems to reject most of my ideas)

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:53 AM
Eh, nevermind.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 03:33 AM
Since we're only just now deciding how this all worksExcept that we're not. It was already decided. It just doesn't fit your concept of how it should work.

What I have a problem with is people trying to explain things with physics and logic that don't work.Who's doing that? All I did was show you a diagram of how it is already setup to work. No one else has said anything about how it could work, only how it has already been agreed to work.

The system worked with or without gods originally (or how it was originally shown) and I didn't hear anything of gods taking a direct hand in it.Not really. It had just never been addressed before. Until this point, the ONLY side of Playground that had been accessed by the gods was the day/night side. There was no reason in character to explain why or how it worked until exploration moved out past the edge of the day/night cycle.

Then people started saying it worked in a way that obviously requires gods to take a hand in it...without saying that a god was taking a hand in it. Don't blame me for not knowing your minds...:smallconfused:Actually, if you want real physics, I'll be more than happy to provide you with a good basis for explaining how this works using astronomical measures and formulae to show that such a system is at least physically possible. However, I'll start with an explanation of how it could work.

In our reality, have binary stars, and even trinary stars, that rotate around each other, with an arbitrary point in space serving as fulcrum of revolution. Most trinary systems are actually made up of a binary star system revolving around a third star.

For the sake of argument, lets assume that the binary system of the Sun and Moon revolves around Playground the Planet and Playground does in fact rotate. Playground is tidally locked such that the same face is facing the Sun/Moon binary system at all times, resulting in the permanent night side of the planet.

The Sun is then an object functioning much like a neutron star, absorbing matter from around it and extruding it as neutrons at the poles. The difference is that the Sun instead does this with full spectrum light instead of merely with neutrons. The Sun is also tidally locked such that one of the two poles is always pointed directly at the Moon. This in turn means that the other pole is always pointed directly OUT from the fulcrum of revolution. Light a neutron star, the matter expelled from the Sun expands in a cone. As morning starts, the light begins to increase across the lighted side of the planet. Noon brings Playground completely within the cone of light extruded from the Sun. Evening brings the cone farther away from Playground, causing twilight and eventual night. Since the portions of the Sun away from the poles are ABSORBING light energy rather than expelling it, the Sun can only be seen as a lightless mass traversing the sky.

The Moon then functions similarly to a material such as strontium aluminate, a phosphorescent material. As one of the poles of the Sun is always focused on the Moon, one side of the Moon always receives direct sunlight. This energy is then radiated and reradiated throughout the entire moon until the light is radiated off of the face facing Playground as the dull luminescence of the Moon as seen from the ground.

I'm not saying this is how it works in Playground. I was just illustrating how it could work in our own reality. If you need hard math to back this up, I can provide it, with the exception of the fictional entity functioning like a neutron star with full spectrum light. As far as I'm concerned, this is end of discussion. If I were DM, this is where I'd invoke Rule 0.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 04:20 AM
Except that we're not. It was already decided. It just doesn't fit your concept of how it should work.
So, I'm not allowed to have an opinion? I just stated my opinion on the system, and now you guys are jumping all over me, telling me that I'm telling you how things work. I AM NOT. :smallannoyed:

Who's doing that? All I did was show you a diagram of how it is already setup to work. No one else has said anything about how it could work, only how it has already been agreed to work.
I never saw anything on how it was agreed to work, so I thought we were still in the "it could work like this" stage. Shoot me for being a day behind. Oh, you already did.

Not really. It had just never been addressed before. Until this point, the ONLY side of Playground that had been accessed by the gods was the day/night side. There was no reason in character to explain why or how it worked until exploration moved out past the edge of the day/night cycle.
I said it worked (somehow) and I didn't hear about it. So it doesn't work? Or are you saying I DID hear about it? Stop putting words in my mouth.

Actually, if you want real physics, I'll be more than happy to provide you with a good basis for explaining how this works using astronomical measures and formulae to show that such a system is at least physically possible. However, I'll start with an explanation of how it could work.

*clip*

I'm not saying this is how it works in Playground. I was just illustrating how it could work in our own reality. If you need hard math to back this up, I can provide it, with the exception of the fictional entity functioning like a neutron star with full spectrum light. As far as I'm concerned, this is end of discussion. If I were DM, this is where I'd invoke Rule 0.
Ugh. I never said I wanted real physics. I was just pointing out the flaws in how I THOUGHT people were saying it worked. (Again, you guys apparently decided how this whole thing worked somewhere where I couldn't see. (along with a lot of other stuff, like that you hate me, apparently) Maybe your system works, it doesn't matter. I don't want a super-realistic system, though what I want doesn't matter in this case. I never heard anyone saying the gods turned the stuff on and off, and people seemed to be assuming that they did, or heard somewhere that they did, so they assumed I would know as well, for some reason.

Seriously, why are you guys all jumping down my throat like this? It's ridiculous! The same thing happens whenever I even so much as mention my opinion, no matter how much I phrase it and say that it's just my opinion, do what you want. What's the deal? Is there some anti-agentpaper law out there that says you have to hate everything that comes out of my mouth? :smallmad: It's getting really annoying. If you just plain don't want to hear about any sort of suggestion or opinion from me ever again, just say it. I'm only trying to be helpful and make this game more fun, but if I'm really ruining it all for you guys, I'll stop. Sheesh.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 04:36 AM
Also, did Faithless' new god just get evolved with the primary gods AP, and then get to start with it's own AP including the amount modified by the evolution? Is all that actually doable?Earlier, Evadize had 0 AP and only one action (arguably 2) that could count towards the Life domain. He then spent 2 AP to gain Life, putting him at -2AP, and got 10 bonus AP for it. He seems to be able to do quite a few things.

Frankly, I'm not sure how he's counting his AP, but these past few weeks haven't exactly been legal... not that bringing it up will change anything.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 04:57 AM
So, I'm not allowed to have an opinion? I just stated my opinion on the system, and now you guys are jumping all over me, telling me that I'm telling you how things work. I AM NOT. :smallannoyed:Of course you're allowed an opinion. We're not jumping on you for having an opinion. You've been trying to force your opinion onto others, which is drawing the hostile reactions. I hate to be blunt, but frankly, you're not the sun god nor are you the moon god. If they veto your suggestion, then frankly, your opinion ceases function as relevant at that point. Continuing to support it and telling everyone else they're wrong and illogical isn't going to do anything but upset people.

I never saw anything on how it was agreed to work, so I thought we were still in the "it could work like this" stage. Shoot me for being a day behind. Oh, you already did.Actually, you did. You even replied to it. Then argued about it. Then tried to have it changed. Also, *BANG!*

I said it worked (somehow) and I didn't hear about it. So it doesn't work? Or are you saying I DID hear about it? Stop putting words in my mouth.None of the above. I said it hadn't been addressed before the Sun and Moon gods decided how it worked. They decided they orbited an arbitrary point on one side of Playground only. It's been like that from that point on. It hasn't changed since the first time they mentioned that several pages back.

Ugh. I never said I wanted real physics.Actually, you said, "What I have a problem with is people trying to explain things with physics and logic that don't work." I simply gave you a system functioning identically to the way it is setup in Playground that is both logical and possible within the realm of actual physics. You in fact did ask for it.

I was just pointing out the flaws in how I THOUGHT people were saying it worked. (Again, you guys apparently decided how this whole thing worked somewhere where I couldn't see. (along with a lot of other stuff, like that you hate me, apparently) Maybe your system works, it doesn't matter. I don't want a super-realistic system, though what I want doesn't matter in this case. I never heard anyone saying the gods turned the stuff on and off, and people seemed to be assuming that they did, or heard somewhere that they did, so they assumed I would know as well, for some reason.Actually, they figured it out right here in this thread. You in fact read it. At least, you replied to it. It's only "out of sight" because you chose to ignore it. They don't hate you, they hate the behavior.

Seriously, why are you guys all jumping down my throat like this?Because you won't let it drop.

It's ridiculous!Yes, it is.

The same thing happens whenever I even so much as mention my opinion, no matter how much I phrase it and say that it's just my opinion, do what you want. What's the deal?It's not stating an opinion or suggestion that's the issue. It's that you won't let it drop for pages after pages. People generally don't like being told how to run their characters, and when you persist with something they have already rejected, then that's exactly what it becomes, you trying to tell them how to play.

Is there some anti-agentpaper law out there that says you have to hate everything that comes out of my mouth? :smallmad:"They're really more like... guidelines." - Jack Sparrow

It's getting really annoying. If you just plain don't want to hear about any sort of suggestion or opinion from me ever again, just say it. I'm only trying to be helpful and make this game more fun, but if I'm really ruining it all for you guys, I'll stop. Sheesh.Don't stop with opinions or suggestions.
DO stop with making them drag on forever by ignoring everyone ELSE'S opinions to try to get them to accept yours.

I suggested that the sun/moon binary revolve around Playground causing an even more erratic system than what they have now. It was rejected by the sun and moon gods, so I let it drop. It wasn't my decision to make. I said my piece and let it go.

I tend to take this game, and any I'm involved in, too seriously from time to time, but really, you make it personal. If you want to continue this line of discussion, don't. If you feel I'm bashing you unprovoked, then take it to PM. Whatever you do, quit cluttering up the thread with claims of personal attack.

Jeriah
2008-07-31, 05:14 AM
Ok... Ignoring the drama bit.

Also, did Faithless' new god just get evolved with the primary gods AP, and then get to start with it's own AP including the amount modified by the evolution? Is all that actually doable?Earlier, Evadize had 0 AP and only one action (arguably 2) that could count towards the Life domain. He then spent 2 AP to gain Life, putting him at -2AP, and got 10 bonus AP for it. He seems to be able to do quite a few things.

Frankly, I'm not sure how he's counting his AP, but these past few weeks haven't exactly been legal... not that bringing it up will change anything.Well, if this is the case, then maybe I should start with all the AP Teerp built up before being destroyed. If I read correctly, the extra AP for Life was to "close the power gap from the missing gods." This would merely do the same thing.

He had 4 AP left on the 27th, then gained 3 more on the 3rd, and was destroyed on the 10th, so let's assume no gains that week, giving him a total of 7. Add that to the 3 I'll be getting from my own powers, and it brings me up to 10 AP.

Considering that I'm coming in a bit late, should that really be an issue? I'm basically only gaining 2 extra weeks of AP, and the effects of what I spent it on wouldn't be retroactive, so I won't be getting free AP retroactively from evolving. *Cough*

Since Varr is coming next week, I'd rather not be totally defenseless against him...

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 11:04 AM
Who's lake is right by the glade?
That's just part of the shape of the continent. It'll be simple as pie to paint over it if you don't want it there.

Two things: Has anything about gameplay been different or like, I get any votes? I've been... not paying attention xD.

And er, has there ever been a summary about Lords of Creation made yet?
There have been no rules changes; and you're still at two votes: Innis Cabal and myself. The summary is still in progress.

By the by, DaBull's god had three votes... someone should beget ol' Scalefather, and I'll add him to the gods list in a minute.

Don't forget to take the mountains off of Xiua and have them flying somewhere.

Will do. How many islands are in the Smile, anyway?

The Demons were not created to be an army. They were created to... well maybe they weren't created for any reason. They were beings of passion created by Eliminshon. The Destroyer came along and gave them a home and is fulfilling their "needs".

Also, did Faithless' new god just get evolved with the primary gods AP, and then get to start with it's own AP including the amount modified by the evolution? Is all that actually doable?

Osric doesn't know that =3. And... I think what Faithless is doing is just pooling all his gods' AP. New NPC gods do start out with the same amount of AP that a player god would.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 11:07 AM
Ugh, fine then I won't post my opinion on anything anymore, since apparently suggesting something and then discussing it is forcing my will on people.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 11:15 AM
Osric doesn't know that =3. And... I think what Faithless is doing is just pooling all his gods' AP. New NPC gods do start out with the same amount of AP that a player god would.Even pooling points, he would have gone into negatives to claim the life domain. Evadize also didn't have the actions to claim it when he did.

That and getting with an extra AP for his new deity by evolving him before he gets his starting AP...
DR of < 6 should never start with 3 AP like Lyrius did.

Edit: I think Jeriah has a valid point with the extra AP from Teerp. I guess it's up to Alch or whoever, but I'd give it to Teera.

Somber Requiem
2008-07-31, 11:43 AM
Jeriah, don't be greedy. Yes, Varr is coming and we'll have to deal with him but you get the same starting powers as the rest of us and you deal with it. With no god around to contain it the DP were lost. Otherwise it is grotesquely unfair for everyone else who got on the bandwagon later than starting.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 11:45 AM
Anyone seen draken around? Eul needs to do something with that caravan I sent him. I suppose it's too late now to raise an army of undead, though, so I suppose it can wait until after the invasion...*grumble grumble*

Faithless
2008-07-31, 11:53 AM
I'm not making this stuff up I talked it over with Alchemy and he gave me the green light.
Also the first secondary god started with ap because I was told that was okay, so you can either stop blasting me on msn and the forums, or stop being a douche because you want to power up Klikchak. Don't go around being a jerk, I'm not the one claiming I can make a dr 8 god evo 2 in one week. I'm pretty damn sure that was you.

Vadin
2008-07-31, 01:01 PM
Do you, by any chance, know of the barrier islands along the eastern coast (generally the southern half) of the US? The islands are kind of like that, with one much larger one (about the size of Pennsylvania) in the center. I'm not sure exactly how many there are, but there're quite a few, most of them being low hills surrounded by a mile or so wide band of grass, some being steeper mountains surrounded by the grass, and Tether, the big center island, with a much larger mountain and a very much wider band. Incidentally, Tether is also the name of the city on said island.

Further unecessary specifics...in the center of Tether, above the peak of the mountain, is the Daystar, a gift from Elimanishon that shines 24/7 (or however long a day is in the Playground). Also there's Scribe's Library, built right up next to the mountain and burrowed slightly into the side. Its a library full of bardic tales and texts from all the other cultures of the world. It's filled by the Sky Knights and other bards and maintained and organized by the 20 or so Maus who live there. Not as big as Sombrius' own library, but more of a multicultural hub than the much larger one. Inside the mountain, with the entrance about halfway up, is the Sky Knight's headquarters. The actual city of Tether protrudes in a roughly triangular shape, expanding off from around Scribe's Library. Yes, I might have too much time on my hands...

Rizban
2008-07-31, 01:03 PM
You spent all but 1 AP on 07-21-2008.
You gained the Life domain on 07-23-2008.
Gaining the Life Domain would put you at -1AP.

Evadize's only actions before gaining the Life domain were:
Beget god(Calypso), Create Plane(Coirae), and Evolve.
I'll give you Coirae for the Life domain, and Calypso is arguable. Evolve shouldn't count towards the domain.

All I'm saying is that, fine, you got a big boost and it got DM approved, even though it wasn't technically a legal action. I didn't really have a problem with that, but using that boost to abuse the system by giving yourself even more free AP is what irritates the hell out of me.

Jeriah
2008-07-31, 01:07 PM
Jeriah, don't be greedy. Yes, Varr is coming and we'll have to deal with him but you get the same starting powers as the rest of us and you deal with it. With no god around to contain it the DP were lost. Otherwise it is grotesquely unfair for everyone else who got on the bandwagon later than starting.Then I spent my 3 starting AP yesterday evolve before I start today, giving me an extra AP this week.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 01:11 PM
I'm not the one claiming I can make a dr 8 god evo 2 in one week. I'm pretty damn sure that was you.I'm also pretty damn sure that I was using that only as an example of how to abuse the system in the same way you did with Lyrius, AND I stated that at least twice WHILE I was telling you about it, AND that it would take the efforts of 5 deities combined to accomplish it. If you're going to tell the story, tell the whole thing.

I'm not trying to make my deity into some ultimately powerful god. I just don't like that some players have to follow the rules to the letter and certain others are allowed to fudge for huge benefits then get all pissy when someone calls them on it.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 01:15 PM
Ugh, fine then I won't post my opinion on anything anymore, since apparently suggesting something and then discussing it is forcing my will on people.

Please post your opinions. We all want to hear them, just do not get offended when people say things contrary to your own, espcially people who are in control of the domains involved. There was nothing about the other side, because nothing was there. We are now planning other things. But it takes time to play things out.

Then I spent my 3 starting AP yesterday evolve before I start today, giving me an extra AP this week.

All new gods created start on the thursday after they are voted in(today) at 9pm EST. No points may be spent before that time, you start with 3 and evolve today. You get hte extra point next week.

Also, cheating of any form is closely monitored, please please do not acuse people of cheating. Its rude and promotes bad blood. If someone is suspected of cheating it will be handled politely and through PM's.

*turns switch back to peaceful thread*

With the above said. The second side of the world will be lit by Chochin, there will be a post tonight, around 9-10 about how this will all work out.

New gods, welcome, if no one begets the scale father, i will spit him out in the post at 9-10.

New gods that have been expected. Yes there is a war comming, yes you are under the level of AP the other gods are in. This is to promote balance and give a power structure for the world. It is either simply the bad fortune of the new gods forming in this time, or all planned by the more powerful gods to fight agaisnt Varr. Many of you are DR 6, well in line with the majority of the gods. Only several are above 6, only one is close to 10. Your not underpowered, your just new to the world.

This is a -world building- exercise, as well as an RP game.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 01:45 PM
Double counting all of Faithless's AP spending. He should not have been able to gain the Life domain and the 10 extra AP when he did, as he was out of AP at the time and didn't have the requisite actions for it.

However, if that'[s being allowed to slide, Calypso should still have 1 AP of her own in addition to the one Lyrius gave her. You missed counting that one, meaning you should still have 2 AP left to spend in all.

Look, I'm not trying to get special treatment here, I'm just trying to keep things fair. If you go ahead and just not count that AP that Calypso is still supposed to have, then that brings it back into balance, as it negates the extra AP that Lyrius got from evolving prior to his actual birth, which should totally be against the rules.

Gods, like Lyrius, should never be able to start with more AP than is appropriate for their DR. You can't evolve before you are born, so you can't get the benefits of evolving before you get your initial AP.

Vadin
2008-07-31, 01:50 PM
Lol...new gods coming in at DR 6 are still higher than us DR 5 gods...

Speaking of which, let me know if this is a secret, just clarifying something I think I might have remembered reading: will Varr and his two cronies be bringing mortal armies? And, if so, are we allowed to know what kinds of races/monsters/enemies/bunnies will make up their army? Not exact specifications or anything, just a general sort of hint from Moko.

Also, they will be using standard deific combat rules, right?

Faithless
2008-07-31, 01:59 PM
Seriously. Stop. I worked it out with Alch for the life domain. I'm following the rules as much as anyone else. Aclh is basically our DM and if he wants to string in his adjudication into the thread he started he can do that. This isn't runescape. We're trying to build a world here. And no I didnt miss counting ap.

@Agentpaper. Don't sweat it. This world is a collaborative building project, and the game is a means to that end. Sometimes people like to do things they're deity has on their own but that shouldn't discourage you from commenting still. Your opinions are taken into consideration Agentpaper, just don't get your hopes up on an idea if you aren't in control of that domain.

Edit: Vadin. Yes and yes. Human slaves I think are going to be fighting for them if I remember correctly.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 02:03 PM
Lol...new gods coming in at DR 6 are still higher than us DR 5 gods...

Speaking of which, let me know if this is a secret, just clarifying something I think I might have remembered reading: will Varr and his two cronies be bringing mortal armies? And, if so, are we allowed to know what kinds of races/monsters/enemies/bunnies will make up their army? Not exact specifications or anything, just a general sort of hint from Moko.

Also, they will be using standard deific combat rules, right?

There were mentions of armies, neogi were talked about i am pretty sure. Other then that....i have absolutly no idea what you all should know.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:05 PM
You don't see me complaining about getting less AP than he higher DR gods. All it means is that you need to be smarter with how you spend it. Just look at what I did with the Haradar.

As for the whole thing about my pressing my views, I don't know what else I can say to try and drive the point home that I wasn't trying to tell people what to do. The only part I god offended about, was when people (NOT the sun or moon gods) were telling me, "That's wrong, it works like THIS. Stop trying to make everything work the way you want it," when the sun and moon gods hadn't stated how things work yet. I still haven't seen any posts by the sun god saying that "the sun orbits around some point, wide enough so that it travels across the sky, and turns off each night." I was only putting out my reasonings for why I thought that system was silly, since it hadn't been decided yet. Only to be told, right after, not by the sun god, that it HAD already been decided, despite the lack of a post from the sun god saying how it works. It's extremely frustrating when people keep putting words in my mouth, and even more so when they state that my opinion is trying to force change where something is decided, when that thing isn't decided yet.

If there IS some post somewhere where the SUN GOD is saying how the sun works, then I'd like to see it. Otherwise, all I can see is you guys talking for the sun god, saying how things work without his say. If anyone is forcing their view on the way things work, it's you guys.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 02:06 PM
Neogi and humans were both mentioned by Tanner early on. Other than that and the three gods that were explicitly named, we don't know what's coming.

Faithless
2008-07-31, 02:08 PM
Sorry Agentpaper. Going both ways of the discussion sometimes people both you and the people debating with you don't come across like they mean it. Especially when you're on a foruk it's hard to distinguish how things were meant to be said and can be taken the wrong way. We still value your opinions and I hope this misunderstanding won't cause any more difficulty. No hurt feelings.

Faith.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:10 PM
No hard feelings. Though if you don't want to come across as mean and nit-picky, don't chop up people's posts and reply to each and every sentence on it's own, mostly with witty remarks. (Aimed a rizban, that was pretty annoying)

Anyways, I really am interested in how the sun system works, as decided by the sun god himself.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 02:11 PM
You don't see me complaining about getting less AP than he higher DR gods. All it means is that you need to be smarter with how you spend it. Just look at what I did with the Haradar.

As for the whole thing about my pressing my views, I don't know what else I can say to try and drive the point home that I wasn't trying to tell people what to do. The only part I god offended about, was when people (NOT the sun or moon gods) were telling me, "That's wrong, it works like THIS. Stop trying to make everything work the way you want it," when the sun and moon gods hadn't stated how things work yet. I still haven't seen any posts by the sun god saying that "the sun orbits around some point, wide enough so that it travels across the sky, and turns off each night." I was only putting out my reasonings for why I thought that system was silly, since it hadn't been decided yet. Only to be told, right after, not by the sun god, that it HAD already been decided, despite the lack of a post from the sun god saying how it works. It's extremely frustrating when people keep putting words in my mouth, and even more so when they state that my opinion is trying to force change where something is decided, when that thing isn't decided yet.

If there IS some post somewhere where the SUN GOD is saying how the sun works, then I'd like to see it. Otherwise, all I can see is you guys talking for the sun god, saying how things work without his say. If anyone is forcing their view on the way things work, it's you guys.

You are completly justified for the rant. There has been a post by Maerok on how the sun works. I cant find it for the life of me, but it has been stated, i bleieve in the old thread. Thats 50 pages i just won't go through. The way the sun and moon work has been decided, first in the ooc a while ago when they were both made, and now in the ic thread.

Edit: The sun sets in the southwest. As said by Maerok. It sets, regardless of how it happens, it sets.

Faithless
2008-07-31, 02:12 PM
Yeah. Maerok was the first person to suggest the sun and moon revolving around each other I believe.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:12 PM
You are completly justified for the rant. There has been a post by Maerok on how the sun works. I cant find it for the life of me, but it has been stated, i bleieve in the old thread. Thats 50 pages i just won't go through. The way the sun and moon work has been decided, first in the ooc a while ago when they were both made, and now in the ic thread.

I remember there being a short discussion about how the system could work, which probably included maerok, but I don't remember seeing anything conclusive....:smallconfused:

Edit: I do remember that it was decided that the sun and moon would revolve around each other. It was not decided that the sun would turn on and off, nor that the orbit of the sun was so large that it made it look like it traveled across the sky. All of my opinions were based off of this being still up for debate.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 02:13 PM
When the sun was first made(before i posted the moon) it was stated as setting different then the real world, if memory serves right, it sets in the southwest, and raises in the Northeast.

If there was still a debate, i would love to get it resolved, and if i'm wrong, please correct me. But i am pretty sure, through his and my interaction, and the posts long long ago, it is done.

Also, on our banter over alingment. Alignment is a major hang up with me, and i get very heated over its debates. Sorry.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:20 PM
When the sun was first made(before i posted the moon) it was stated as setting different then the real world, if memory serves right, it sets in the southwest, and raises in the Northeast.

Also, on our banter over alingment. Alignment is a major hang up with me, and i get very heated over its debates. Sorry.

Hm, it would be impossible for the sun to actually set, though, unless you were pretty close to the dark side of the world. In the deserts, and most of the land, it would at most appear in one part of the sky, and then slowly move to the other side of the sky, and disappear. Even that would require an orbit several hundred times the size of the playground, even assuming the sun was pretty close in the first place. Alternately, the orbit could be elliptical, which would make the sun be a bit more standardized in how close it is to the world.

And for those who will say "It works the way maerok decides!" my only response is that everything works with physics until a god decides otherwise. So unless maerok tells us how something with the sun works, we should assume it works off of at least somewhat logical rules. :smallwink:

Edit: The alignment banter seemed to be just a good discussion. I don't think anyone really got over-heated on that one. I just wish that this sun discussion could be similar.

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 02:20 PM
I would like to request that things be done out in the open. If you get a special ruling from Alch or whoever, post about it, so people don't think you're pulling out of where the sun doesn't shine (currently, the other side of the world :smallwink:). And then I can add it to the rules post, which I try to keep up to date. Speaking of which, Alch did say the evolution is once per week, didn't he? It's not in the wiki, but I'm pretty sure it was discussed in the old thread.

And Faith, I know it's a bit of extra work for you, but I would appreciate it if you: A) Kept your gods' AP pools separate, and B) wrote down AP expenditures in the format Alch gave (That is, <Final AP>=<Starting AP>-<Expenditures>). And so should everyone else. Transparency in AP expenditures and special rulings can save a lot of bad blood, yes? :smallwink:

Edit: As I recall, the sun waxes and wanes each day due to fresh infusions of rage. So it does turn on and off...

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 02:24 PM
To the, it works as Maerok decides, we have flying mountains and other such things. This is not a critical response to them, just saying, just because its not explained dosnt mean it needs to work on physics.

That being said, the rotation hasnt been discussed at all, so physics or the "BECAUSE WE SAY SO" rule, can't apply. All thats been said is both the moon(from me, i have said it sets) and the sun(Maerok has used the word, i am going to beleive he meant to use it) do set. Thats all the explaination that is avaliable, from him, or me.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 02:26 PM
I would like to request that things be done out in the open. If you get a special ruling from Alch or whoever, post about it, so people don't think you're pulling out of where the sun doesn't shine (currently, the other side of the world :smallwink:). And then I can add it to the rules post, which I try to keep up to date. Speaking of which, Alch did say the evolution is once per week, didn't he? It's not in the wiki, but I'm pretty sure it was discussed in the old thread.

And Faith, I know it's a bit of extra work for you, but I would appreciate it if you: A) Kept your gods' AP pools separate, and B) wrote down AP expenditures in the format Alch gave (That is, <Final AP>=<Starting AP>-<Expenditures>). And so should everyone else. Transparency in AP expenditures and special rulings can save a lot of bad blood, yes? :smallwink:

Edit: As I recall, the sun waxes and wanes each day due to fresh infusions of rage. So it does turn on and off...

Sorry for the double post, truely. But, that is a more then exceptable thing to ask, and i agree 100%. With that being said, all should know that Ramus's body is being guarded by Xam, and will be taken into custody(That does include his artifact). Alch has said it is ok, so long as it is mentioned exactly how he has been kept around. His domain is still intact in him. And once he is retrived it will be open for the taking.

And i also remember him saying that Tsuuga.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:27 PM
Well, just because the sun sets, doesn't mean that it sets like it does in our world. I was under the impression that when the sun is "setting" is when it reaches the end of it's daily path, and starts to dim and go out, heralding in the night.

Ah, I do remember the waxing and waning of anger. I thought that was originally in to explain the seasons, and then abandoned when a different system came in for the seasons.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 02:28 PM
Well, just because the sun sets, doesn't mean that it sets like it does in our world. I was under the impression that when the sun is "setting" is when it reaches the end of it's daily path, and starts to dim and go out, heralding in the night.

That has yet to be discussed, and probably should be, ill PM Maerok and see what we can work out. I'll post it when its all finished.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:30 PM
It would be better if the discussion, if there is to be one, would happen here, so we could all have our say. If maerok is just guna decide, that's fine, but if anyone is getting a say, we all should. It would lead to far, far less confusion as well. Anything that doesn't have a specific reason to be secret, or has no bearing on other gods, should be here, not hidden from people in PMs.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 02:35 PM
The rotation of the sun and moon directly impact 2 gods domains. And two of their primary domains at that. While opinions are good, in the long run, its up to the god controling each domain how they operate. This isnt a world thing, its a godly domain thing.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 02:35 PM
It would be better if the discussion, if there is to be one, would happen here, so we could all have our say. If maerok is just guna decide, that's fine, but if anyone is getting a say, we all should. It would lead to far, far less confusion as well. Anything that doesn't have a specific reason to be secret, or has no bearing on other gods, should be here, not hidden from people in PMs.I agree to a point. There are certain things that are easier to figure out between two or three people privately then have the conclusion relayed in the public thread for comments and suggestions.

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 02:39 PM
His anger takes form, the form of a ever burning ball of fire in the sky. It's rays beat down on the world. But, soon as Enigma sees, even that fire burns out. This cannot be, and Enigma sends more Rage apon it for each mortal day. (18 = 19 -1 Mold Land: Create Sun)
I don't recall what originally caused seasons off the top of my head...

Sure, there are things that are better discussed in IMs and PMs. Discuss your plans for next week with the players who may want to take part in them. Write out a dialogue. Ask certain people for advice on your latest project. Once you've posted plans to a public thread, though, it really should be fair game for everyone to comment on it.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 02:41 PM
Seasons are caused by a portal between Enigma's realm and Playground. Seasons are based on how much heated rage escapes into Playground. Summers can last for decades or days. Seasons are very mutable.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 02:41 PM
Once you've posted plans to a public thread, though, it really should be fair game for everyone to comment on it.

I agree, comments, yes. Actual things that impact the primary domain's of a god...i will need alot more convicing. Not only would it bog the game down through extensive debate, but also, the gods that have domains that offer up that sort of situation have less control over their domains because they have to hold how their creations work on the vote of the mass's

Vadin
2008-07-31, 02:56 PM
...call me slow or whatever, but I'm really not seeing how the exact specifcs of solar and lunar motions makes a massive impact on the world beyond 'yes day and night happen on one side of the world and the other side is pretty dark.' Seriously, do the specifics really effect anyone in the playground other than the gods who run the sun and moon?

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 03:00 PM
Not particularly... however, this is the Internet. I reserve the right to argue ad nauseum about anything :smallwink:

Vadin
2008-07-31, 03:02 PM
Touche. :smalltongue:

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 03:10 PM
Not particularly... however, this is the Internet. I reserve the right to argue ad nauseum about anything :smallwink:

ditto :smallbiggrin:

Rizban
2008-07-31, 03:24 PM
Thank you, Vadin. Well put.

Draken
2008-07-31, 04:07 PM
Hmm... I didn't know you wanted me to do something about the caravan, really. I think I am going to make a horribly ginormous post now. The caravan, the Baernoloths, the yugoloths, spawning Dirije. Hope I didn't forget anything.

Nefarion Xid
2008-07-31, 04:09 PM
REALLY important question!

...has anyone invented alcohol yet?

Agriculture was established ages ago, so I suppose it's only a short matter of time before someone goes "Hey, Bob? You see that stuff dripping out of the hole in the barley silo?...I'm gonna drink that!"

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 04:14 PM
I am going to have to say, yes, as that is probably exactly how it happened. I would imagine the elves or the hachi(mead from their honey) made the first of the beers, as they are two of the oldest races. Dwarves probably had a hand in it as well, if not actually the fathers of its wide spread consumption.

Somber Requiem
2008-07-31, 04:38 PM
Then I spent my 3 starting AP yesterday evolve before I start today, giving me an extra AP this week.

No Jeriah. You can spend DP once you exist. Not to evolve yourself before you exist and then spend more. New gods come in on thursday. DP refreshes on thursday. That's when you can spend DP. This is not a coincidence. Please stop trying to get an extra share of the pie. It is really annoying.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 04:43 PM
He was saying that because Lyrius started less than DR6, meaning he should have gotten 2 AP but got to evolve before getting that AP, thus starting with 3 AP. If you've got such a problem with it, then you're aiming for the wrong person.

Faithless
2008-07-31, 04:45 PM
You come in when you get your thursday ap. That'd be the same ap. And Rizban don't fricking start his up. If you wanted to evolve Teera when she came in she'd get 4ap to start.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 04:51 PM
I'm not starting it up again. But I'm not going to let someone who hasn't done any actions yet get attacked for suggesting that he do something that another player has already done.

Though I think I will evolve her for that extra AP like Lyrius received.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 04:59 PM
Reposting Xiua'Hi with updates and more info as he has evolved in the game

Xiua’Hi: The Shaded Imgeum , Daimyo of Solid Testaments
(DR:9) Lesser Deity Druid 8/Sorcerer 8/ Arcane Hierophant 10/Mystic Theurge 2/True Namer 6
Symbol: Two crossed cresent moons
Home: None
Alignment: True Neutral
Domains: Earth, Moon, Balance
Portfolio: Elemental earth, the moon
Favored Weapon: Sorrowful Penance(Broadsword)
Artifacts: The Sorrow Penance(not in his possession, was once the god tool of Ramus)
Combat: Caster Level 26, Divinity Level 9

History
Created by Xam, Xiua'Hi supports and watches all of creation. Slow to action, preferring to rest and watch over quick movement and rash action. He has fathered several gods in the playground, and has created several races, all of whom he views with barely any concern. He is the master of the earth and moon of the playground, and has slowly begun to take actions to claim the time of night for his own, holding it as the most sacred time of all his religions.

Clerics to Xiua’hi are a varied lot, in race, culture and belief. All clerics of Xiua’hi pray for their spells in the first hour of night while offering forth a gift to the lord. While the gift is never taken, it is considered an honorable action none the less.

Xiua’hi has no holy days.

While Xiua’hi holds no god as his ally, he trusts his children, and his brothers Kaern and Enigma with his most precious of actions, viewing the newer gods with little more then indifference.

Dogma: The light of the Shaded Imgeum covers the very world, and his testament, under the feet of every living creature. And in his awesome expanse, he has found balance, and so to in your life should you strive for the same. The world is an imperfect place, but your body and self are your own to control, and only through balance can one truly be in full control.

Clergy and Temple’s: Xiua’hi has no temples, the clergy worshiping him in their own way, leading their small followings in open area’s, in perfect view of the moon.

Also, one lucky god is going to get a present today.

Vadin
2008-07-31, 05:07 PM
We don't have humans here in the playground, right?

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 05:09 PM
Nope. Nobody's invented them yet.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 05:09 PM
None at the moment, and Maerok, i love the mockery.

Draken
2008-07-31, 05:12 PM
Woo! Humongous post done! Now, epxlaining stuff.

1. Draken! You made an entire new freaking race without spending a single point of AP!?

No, I did not. The baernoloth did, he is not Eul, he doesn't work for Eul, place any deity in front of him and he will throw his poop at said deities face. He can make fiends with his own powers, so he did, and the devils don't want damn with the gods as well now.

2. Doesn't all that teaching need teach populous?

If a god does it, yes, it needs. But mortals did it. And Haras being a demigod, able to be in land, and actually living there, he ordered the caravan to go there, I just described the rest. No AP spent because my god did nothing and his god is basically his own avatar, he can be with the mortals and speak to them.

3. How can you write in such a pawntastic awesome way, english not being your first language?

I can. That's it.

4. How big is your head?

Very much normal sized, thank you.

5. Are you fully sure you could do all this?

Yes. I spoke to alch beforehand.

[Tsuuga] 6. Oh yea, this city you spoke of, which is it?

The two large lake sin the deadlands, next to the bordering mountains. There should be a metropolis there. Called Shadow Spire, for now. I will change it eventually. You just didn't place it in the map because the place doesn't come up in this thread this often.

------------

:smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 05:21 PM
4. How big is your head?

Very much normal sized, thank you.

Really? Are you suuuuure? :P

Rizban
2008-07-31, 05:24 PM
The majority of your followers can't be human. There aren't any humans yet...

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 05:27 PM
Who'se god has humans as followers?

Nefarion Xid
2008-07-31, 05:30 PM
Oh yeah, I just created Vodka. Now if someone could get around to inventing tonic water, I'd be all set.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 05:33 PM
Who'se god has humans as followers?

Draken, "And here they are, greeted by humans, mostly, clerics of the 'deadfather' and arcanists of dread might, all served by hosts of fleshless skeletons and rotting zombies."

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 05:35 PM
Ah, thats probably just a mistype. THere will be humans soon though.

Also, the ruling on the sun and moon are as follows.

The Sun and moon operate on a ferris wheel type motion which is pivoted, following the same path as the other, day in, day out.

Xuincherguixe
2008-07-31, 05:47 PM
Alchohol is way too evil for The Destroyer to create.

On a related note, if I want to beat Varr on Humans and War, I suppose I'll have to create them :P

Even though it's not the most optimized thing, I think I will create humans. Now I just need to figure out a suitably cynical misanthropic creation story.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 05:49 PM
Humans are so...they have no hope in this world. Not a single hope in the world.

Vadin
2008-07-31, 05:51 PM
Dwarves- too proud.
Elves- too sneaky.
Capsin- too happy.
Flameborn- too dedicated.
Maus- too smart.
Everyone else- too...blech.

What's left for the Destroyer to create? Dwarves as tall as a Capsin, but with smaller beards and far fewer familial ties. In short, humans, because their just mean and spiteful enough to settle for imperfection.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 05:52 PM
Nope, they don't. No hope at all.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 05:53 PM
Dwarves- too proud.
Elves- too sneaky.
Capsin- too happy.
Flameborn- too dedicated.
Maus- too smart.
Everyone else- too...blech.

What's left for the Destroyer to create? Dwarves as tall as a Capsin, but with smaller beards and far fewer familial ties. In short, humans, because their just mean and spiteful enough to settle for imperfection.

Blech to the other races huh? Also, elves have existed well before the sun, if anyone is to proud it would be them.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 05:57 PM
elves are older, but dwarves have the first city. They're both pretty damned proud, Haradar especially. =P

Damn it, where's corberal already? Also, gotta find something to do with my last 2 AP before the battle. Might save it, meh.

Copacetic
2008-07-31, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I don't think humans have much of a chance in this world. Plus, I might just kill them out of spite because having a completely Non-human world would be too great an oppurtunity to pass up.

On another note, has AP reset yet?

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I don't think humans have much of a chance in this world. Plus, I might just kill them out of spite because having a completely Non-human world would be too great an oppurtunity to pass up.

On another note, has AP reset yet?

QFT >.>

Been avoiding anything other then elves and some of the more iconic fantasy species for a long time now.

And no, 2 hours Frigs.

Copacetic
2008-07-31, 06:05 PM
QFT >.>

Been avoiding anything other then elves and some of the more iconic fantasy species for a long time now.

And no, 2 hours Frigs.

M'k. Because I have plans. Biiigggg Plans. Bwahahah!

Anywho, back to sanity.

Nefarion Xid
2008-07-31, 06:42 PM
Hey Tsuuga, is it all right if I adopt the northern dwarves? Dwarves without beards are just...creepy. Under my guidance, these dwarves will become refined, noble...and hairy. And they will speak with Russian accents, not Scottish ones! And they will drink vodka and listen to Regina Spektor...

Edit: What's the AP cost for creating a sub-race of humanoids anyway?

Rizban
2008-07-31, 06:46 PM
I'm pretty sure you can just create a variant using Teach or Nourish. I could be wrong on that though.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-07-31, 06:48 PM
Anyways, I think humans will end up coming with Varr, and they may not all want to get slaughtered, you know. :smallwink:

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 06:50 PM
You're welcome to them, Nefarion =3

Nefarion Xid
2008-07-31, 07:11 PM
I usually groan at the racial variants found in every other splatbook...

"Considering the longevity of the Elves, it's remarkable how they instantly evolve to suit their environment...desert elves, snow elves, aquatic elves, forest elves, mountain elves, dark elves, high elves, sun elves, moon elves, cotton candy elves, elf elves, half elves, quarter elves, wild elves..."

...but I really like my idea for vodka-chugging Slovakian-esque dwarves! In time, it will be greatly disputed between worshipers of Lossethir as to whether he has a beard or not. He does not. But, it's wise not to argue that point with a dwarven cleric.

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 07:24 PM
Hm... Is Xiua still on the nightside? If not, I'll have to put it somewhere else on the map. There's room to the north of Ramua...

Rizban
2008-07-31, 07:28 PM
Why not just shift Ramua and Xiua both to the west a bit, moving Xiua closer to Ramua in the process? Make the continents straddle the "equator" caused by the sun's rotation with a small ocean between them.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 07:29 PM
No, Xiua is on the moon/sun side, the proposed name for that side is Origin.

The other side has some island chains

alchemyprime
2008-07-31, 07:30 PM
I think I explained this before:

You can't kill off a whole race with pestilence. Just kinda make them reconsider opposing you.

I say... yeah, sub-races can be 1 AP.

And... quick someone make coffee and then the archmagi can have white russians! Then invent bowling! The Big Lebowski shall live in the Playground!

Xuincherguixe
2008-07-31, 07:31 PM
On creating humans...

Certainly I could easily put the ones that come under my sway, but I wouldn't have made them. They would be the way they are because someone else made them that way. Not because it was a thing built to be a cascade of flaws. And, it doesn't have quite the same sense of heavy handed social commentary :P

Also, I am having so much fun with The Destroyer ^_^

Rizban
2008-07-31, 07:33 PM
If you really look at the size relations of the locations on Ramua and the size of the landmass itself, it doesn't seem to be very large, probably about the size of Australia or a little bit larger. There should potentially be plenty of room for both continents on a single side of the planet.

DaBull
2008-07-31, 07:33 PM
Hey, so, anybody... I think begetting me was mentioned once a couple pages back... Then it kinda got lost in a massive fight (if that's what it was, I kinda skimmed it)

So, if someone could... you know... that would be great...

Anyway, I have some really nice ideas for war contributions... unfortunately it'll take me a while to get them revved up...

Anyway, thanks in advance to whoever begets me, you'll get weapons first...
(*joking*)

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 07:34 PM
Would it be possible for me to change my class levels? I think something like a sorcerer/cleric/mystic theurge would fit Haras more than what I originally had. He doesn't really fight, he's more prone to support others in their fights.

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 07:39 PM
Just for reference... Ramua is about 4000 miles across, with the scale of the map I was working with. Yknow, it would almost be easier to work with each continent in it's own file, and then assemble a less-detailed world map. I could work at smaller scales, for one thing. Also, it's kind of a pain to move continents in this style.

Oh, and maps.

Origin, Fullsize (http://h7e5ra.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pfuIzv4CZXHamyaHPKrPzWwEVEKAHCIE5Alw7VvC1AkerpG6 _ftB1RjW00-6wbiljGYBQGPONSgE/LOC%20West.jpg)(The only real purpose of this one is to show how much room is left in the western hemisphere... >_>)
Origin, cropped to show Ramua and the volcanoes (http://h7e5ra.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pqBB-C39iwRiMd_Q7T8AX9nc41a6G1_LAyKr9uiI4eauh16Agdpjqqm NrEsE0vZuNGUOP0AximLQ/LOC%20West%20cropped.jpg)
Origin, cropped and shrunk. (http://h7e5ra.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p8AyCB4DeSpCQUW_uNt5zMLvzbppC23FGw3e8LsfWwZOzQ-lDO6jZBMXOI54pej2rAbrVoe3LNfY/LOC%20West%20small.jpg)

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 07:41 PM
Thats probably a better idea, but its alot more work for you i would imagine.

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 07:44 PM
Nah. Making an individual map for each continent wouldn't be any more work. And it would let me work at a larger scale (1 pixel per mile), showing some more detail on each continent. We could just shrink Ramua to the size of Australia, and it'd fit right in.

See, I'd have to do each continent in its own layer anyway, because I'd need to give it its own climate gradient and yada yada.

And, yknow, seriously, the current map takes about 10 minutes to open or close, and eats RAM like Cookie Monster at a bake sale.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 07:44 PM
How big is the desert that Haradi* is in? Would be nice to get certain sections of the map in their own file, so that we can make more detailed maps in there. It shouldn't be too much longer before I start to expand from Haradi in various ways. Well, probably not until after the invasion, but that's not too far, right? Just 15 minutes until AP regen, and then the invasion starts, or at least sometime this week, yes? Or is it next week?

*This is the name for the city itself now, Haradar being it's residents. It's basically a "slang" word that eventually became common enough to be widely accepted as a normal word, and officially the city's name. It actually makes sense in the pseudo-language I cooked up for the haradar dwarves, which I might of might not put down in words eventually. :smallwink:

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 07:46 PM
Nah. Making an individual map for each continent wouldn't be any more work. And it would let me work at a larger scale (1 pixel per mile), showing some more detail on each continent. We could just shrink Ramua to the size of Australia, and it'd fit right in.

See, I'd have to do each continent in its own layer anyway, because I'd need to give it its own climate gradient and yada yada.

And, yknow, seriously, the current map takes about 10 minutes to open or close, and eats RAM like Cookie Monster at a bake sale.

Then i guess go for it! :P

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 07:46 PM
The desert peninsula is about 900 miles wide, and over 400 tall. Or 450 wide and 220ish tall, if we say Ramua is about the size of Australia.

Then i guess go for it! :P

Huzzah!

Xuincherguixe
2008-07-31, 07:48 PM
As far as "what's left for me to create", there's a lot.
Eventually, I intend to be making various super monsters. Things like the Tarrasque, Fenrir, or Echnida. Though I might need some help on coming up with their stats (haven't really given stats to monsters before, let alone stuff like that ^_^)

As far as races go, in addition to humans would be Goblins, Orcs, and Giants. And I know I can make those bad ass.

Wild and Drow variants are easy to make badass, and both are things I could reasonably make.

Not quite so sure how to make them awesome, but doable are Trolls and Ogres.

If we don't have pixies yet, I'd make those too. Kind of a joke, but faeries were not all nice things in the original mythology. The line between Fae and Demon is a blurry one. But something that seems so small and innocent but is in truth incredibly dangerous is definitely up The Destroyer's alley.

But, all of that only applies unless someone else makes that stuff first. Otherwise, I'm just left with my own twisted imagination for creatures ^_^

For the map, try saving it as a .JPEG. JPEG is great for compression, and it still manages to look pretty nice.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 07:50 PM
Hey, so, anybody... I think begetting me was mentioned once a couple pages back... Then it kinda got lost in a massive fight (if that's what it was, I kinda skimmed it)

So, if someone could... you know... that would be great...

Anyway, I have some really nice ideas for war contributions... unfortunately it'll take me a while to get them revved up...

Anyway, thanks in advance to whoever begets me, you'll get weapons first...
(*joking*)Hope you get revved up fast. They're starting the war next week.

The first weapons? We already have a deity of weapons... Aren't you the scaly guy?

alchemyprime
2008-07-31, 07:52 PM
Hey, I thought we were avoiding drow for a long time...

Also, tsuuga, can you put the Transcendant Order's school near the Sacred glade, but a bit further north? Thanks.

DaBull
2008-07-31, 07:54 PM
Just a question to throw out there:
Do we really need all of the classic D&D races?
This is obviously more of a philosophical one than rules-oriented...

I know I was planning on creating several D&D mainstays, koblods, lizardfolk, yuan ti, etc... but I'm also planning on reinventing them, except kobolds, because theyre already awesome and so backeneded I really don't want to even try to mess with them...

I don't know, it just seems that if we're going to create our own world we shouldn't make it just like the one we came from. Kinda' like wasting time...
Edit: Kinda' like wating time? Wow, that sounds idiotic, it's kinda' wasting time. No like, I am not a cheerleader, or a girl for that matter...

Basically, this is a response to (right click, copy, right click, paste) Xuincherguixe's post, but I think that for the most part we're doing a great job of creating a new world.

Xuincherguixe
2008-07-31, 07:54 PM
If we're avoiding drow, I can put a pass on them too :P

Rizban
2008-07-31, 07:56 PM
Um, if we're shrinking Ramua, then the space in the ocean should be expanded. There should be enough room to slide Xiua in there too. The far east side of it would be icy though, as it would be getting close to the edge of the sun's light.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 07:58 PM
There is already a dark skinned Elf race. The -only- elf race in game. There will be no drow.

DaBull
2008-07-31, 08:01 PM
Not really weapons at all... more like armor...

I figured that if Scalykind were to be ultimately successful, they would need something to be good at, something that would make them vital and powerful. Now, instead of making them just especially bloodthirsty, and therefore once again relegating them to the depths of the Monster Manual, I thought, well, lizards have natural armor, scales, as well as turtles, and are fairly resilient as a group. It naturally follows that they could become a racial group renowned for their armor crafting (as well as a couple other reptile-themed tricks I'm holding close to my chest for now).

Obviously, this seems to bring in some conflict with Coberal's deal. Taking this into account, I planned on sharing the devotion of my race at least in part with Coberal, since she is the goddess of the forge. Also, if the player who runs Coberal would like some scalykind forgehands, I'll gladly give them...

Also, I was joking, from here on in, it's straight-up RP.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-07-31, 08:03 PM
If there's the Faerie Court, then I'm happy.

Nefarion Xid
2008-07-31, 08:05 PM
Who's popping Scale-Guy in to the world anyway? I'd do it, since I haven't gotten to do any begetting yet, but I don't suppose ice and reptiles go together.

...although, the idea of turtle ice elementals is awesome.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 08:05 PM
Tsuuga, Australia is approximately 2500 miles across. The fullsized Ramua map is approximately 2500 x 2500 pixels. If you're doing the full sized maps at 1 pixel/mile, then making them about the same size seems like a fairly straightforward process. All you'd need to do is expand the oceans around it to fit the continents new size.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 08:09 PM
New month has started.

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 08:11 PM
Well, it's a bit more complicated than expanding the oceans... That 600k jpg is a 1.15 gig photoshop file. That does not make my RAM happy. By the way, the size of the world is established - it's approximately the size and shape of earth, 25000 miles in circumference at the equator.

My plan was to map out each continent separately, in smaller files - only a few thousand pixels in each dimension. Then, I'd make a world map to a much more reasonable scale, possibly in a more hand-drawn style.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 08:12 PM
Out of curisoity, what program do you use Tsuuga?

Xuincherguixe
2008-07-31, 08:17 PM
while you do bring up a point (that being "why bother"). There is a difference.

We don't hate the races we're making.

Most of the monster races by default seem to have been created with no purpose in mind but to be something "evil" that is "okay to brutally murder". I don't really like that.

There's been a fair amount of subversion to the point it's not even subversion where the races are just misunderstood. What I'm a fan of, is giving everything motivation and depth. (The standard PC races are pretty boring too really for the most part) Goblins as weak cowardly little things, but utterly vicious and cunning. Orcs are incredibly easy to turn into vikings (I mean Gruumsh is pretty close to Odin).

I suspect that EVERY race has potential, if someone with the right vision came along. I don't see it in Gnomes or Halflings, but someone might. (And no, comic relief doesn't count)

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 08:19 PM
The gnomes have actually been discussed, they are slotted to be atheists in the face of godly might.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 08:20 PM
I was just saying that you wouldn't need to rescale it at a pixel/mile basis, since it's already about the right size.

As for expanding the oceans, you don't actually have to map the whole oceans on the continent maps. 2500 out of 25000 is about the right size still. You gave the "west half" 6250 pixels, but it should be more along the lines of 12500 pixels to a hemisphere with 25000 pixels for the whole surface.

Xuincherguixe
2008-07-31, 08:21 PM
Athiests in a world like this? Now that's awesome :P

I think that you can probably get away with using a smaller file really. That 10 megabyte .png is much larger than it really has to be.

It could probably be 1/4 of it's current size and still be plenty large enough.

If you feel that you do need to have it a large size, I would break the file up into several chunks. That way it doesn't take so long to do things.

Heck, you could even combine them into big files whenever you finish editing things.

It's a great map, but being smaller doesn't mean it's not as great. And as you say, you're having trouble loading the file.

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 08:39 PM
I use Photoshop.

Rizban- the old scale was two miles to a pixel (or 4 square miles). So just changing what I say the scale is changes the size of the continent. As for the whole map... no way am I going to make it 1 or even 2 pixels to a mile. That's just too large of a file for me to handle with 2 gigs of RAM =P

Alch: I added in the Transcendent Order. Attached is the updated Ramua/Volcanoes map. I didn't update the others, because... I have other maps to make, and posts to write.

Xuin: I've already switched over to saving as JPGs. Somehow, I got the idea that .pngs had this awesome compression... it didn't occur to me to double check. Heh. I'll be leaving the old, huge map up on the front page until I've at least got Xiua mapped.

Map of Ramua and the Volcanoes (http://tlndxa.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcSe5vRzWRl-zxMoOtZCy9nqqMVtMH4yLevl9guaoMjFdnPknjfqYoXneEGkiy 3V2OvWQ0CEFwV4/Ramua.jpg) (No, it's not a band.)

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 08:41 PM
Also, to everyone. The War is starting next week if you have not heard. This week marks the herald of it. There will be things happening within the week. You have all been warned

/laughter into the distance

Xuincherguixe
2008-07-31, 08:44 PM
Next week? Oh good. That gives me some more options.

As to the jpeg thing. The link to the map on the first page is to the png still. So apparently I was preaching to the choir :P

alchemyprime
2008-07-31, 08:57 PM
Yeah. Next week'll be fun... and the weeks to follow.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 09:05 PM
I've got all my stuff planned out...so bring it. Thats to everyone.

Rizban
2008-07-31, 09:06 PM
Was a decision ever made to nerf classes like Mystic Theurge or not?

DaBull
2008-07-31, 09:16 PM
RE: Xuincherguixe

Yeah, my perspective is essentially the same on the races thing...

Cool, as long as we're not just making them as the classic D&D placeholder...

Also...
Honestly, anyone could beget me, with regards to that "i'm an ice god" thing, my stated creation story was the condensation of a being in the Void from the divine potential which manifested as scaled races were created...
Really, all it needs to be is something like Rizban's last in character post, but preferably without the kidnapping...

Nefarion Xid
2008-07-31, 09:18 PM
Are avatars necessary for DR 6 deities to 'be' on the material plane any more? Because the information on the front page was changed and it no longer explicitly states that DR 6 guys cannot be in the material (nor does it cite an advantage for playing a DR 5). Although, hardly anyone ever paid attention to that rule, anyway. Lesser Deities have been taking things from or outright walking on the surface of the Playground...

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 09:20 PM
Are avatars necessary for DR 6 deities to 'be' on the material plane any more? Because the information on the front page was changed and it no longer explicitly states that DR 6 guys cannot be in the material (nor does it cite an advantage for playing a DR 5). Although, hardly anyone ever paid attention to that rule, anyway. Lesser Deities have taking things from or outright walking on the surface of the Playground...

Its been the rule from the start. Lesser gods and higher strain the fabric of the material plane to much to be on it. Demi-gods only. They can move and take things from the world as any other god can. Walk on it or touch it without their divine power? No.

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 09:24 PM
Divine Rank 6 (or lower. If you want to walk among mortals, it must be 0 to 5. You decide your divine rank, unless you want a Taken or Claimed domain as your primary, in which case, your parent deity will beget you in the same was as an NPC god. This means they will decide your DR.

It is too still in the first post! Just, um... more hiddener >_>

Vadin
2008-07-31, 09:51 PM
Orcs are incredibly easy to turn into vikings (I mean Gruumsh is pretty close to Odin).

As far as vikings go, the dwarves near Lossethir look to be pretty close to that right now. The winterbound capsin are viking-ish, too, but less 'halls full of mead' and more 'shaggy beards and wicked seafaring.'

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 09:55 PM
are ships even made yet? I had planned to make em with my large post which is inc. if they are i need to change some things.

tsuuga
2008-07-31, 09:59 PM
nobody has mentioned ships yet... The closest we apparently have is The Grin.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 10:00 PM
alrighty, no change then

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 10:03 PM
Hey, on gnomes, do you have it slotted as to how they are created as well? I could so see Haras creating a race that ignores gods completely. They would know they were there, but they wouldn't really care. Haras would see that as a positive trait in them, since then they could get more use out of their own "mortal practicality" than a race that is more focused on god-worship. They would definitely be very serious, practical, grounded people, with none of the silliness and gaiety that is typically assigned to them. So, not a "joke race".

Gnomes would probably be the most likely to make a new technological device, but they would be more focused on making things more practical than the wacky mad scientist type gnomes. Sure, some might be crazy, and make weird stuff, but not the whole race. Probably some odd mix of practicality and creativity. Make something new, but then spend the rest of your life making it better. A single gnome might spend his entire life on a single invention, improving it and simplifying it.

How does this sound to everyone? If you don't already have a plan for making gnomes, then I'll make them after the invasion most likely, or possibly this week if I can get 1 AP from someone. (Maybe corberal?)

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 10:04 PM
You'd have to ask Alch, they were his idea, no idea what he has planned.

Vadin
2008-07-31, 10:04 PM
Lol, vikings don't need ships if they ride giant turtley seabeasts.

Moose Fisher
2008-07-31, 10:09 PM
Lol, vikings don't need ships if they ride giant turtley seabeasts.

If Earth vikings carved the images of seabeasts on their ships, ours can have seabeasts BE the ship.

Ships are going to be needed to establish trade between the Godforge and the continents, but we can always wait for the Age of Exploration to crop up.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 10:13 PM
Chochin's portfolio is shipbuilding. Hence why ships will have dragons on their prows, have a whole write up...just waitin...

Vadin
2008-07-31, 10:18 PM
If Earth vikings carved the images of seabeasts on their ships, ours can have seabeasts BE the ship.

Ships are going to be needed to establish trade between the Godforge and the continents, but we can always wait for the Age of Exploration to crop up.

Vikings had dragons on their ships, winterbound capsin ride giant turtles. That doesn't help the other races, but if Lossethir wants to take some of them and give the dwarves seabeasts (the winterbound following him now and such), he could...or he could get shipbuilding from Chochin, of course.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 10:24 PM
Corberal is proposing I introduce trade to the Haradar. I'm definitely going to do it, but would I have to spend the 1 AP to teach it or not? Also, is that hammer of artifact making open to make me an artifact for 1 AP?

Edit: I'm gunna assume it costs no AP, but if you guys think it should, then I'll edit my post to reflect that.

Faithless
2008-07-31, 10:37 PM
Four attack actions this week. Guess who.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 10:38 PM
Four attack actions this week. Guess who.

Is it me? Tell me its me!

Faithless
2008-07-31, 10:44 PM
You wish! Someone is losing 2d6ap and 3 divine ranks!!!

Someone else is signing onto msn.

Vadin
2008-07-31, 10:58 PM
Seriously? Divine combat right before War?

What, if I might be so bold as to ask, is going to be the crazy benefit from this?

Faithless
2008-07-31, 11:00 PM
The war my friend? The war has started weeks ago. We've got the guns out. I just have to pull the trigger.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 12:14 AM
Alright! Epic post done! Time for sleep

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-01, 01:33 AM
While of course Eul is going to be bored. He doesn't do anything! You need to engage in some petty scheming for no real reason! Blow something up and watch the people start dancing! Bite the heads off of some Meece (what IS the plural of Maus?). Make some giant sock puppets, and just randomly start doing a show for the Haras. Punch some kittens and see how much distance you can get out of them!

edit: MUCH better!

Draken
2008-08-01, 01:58 AM
Yea, I decided to edit after Rizban counted a few things for me and told me I had one AP I had never used.

Funny how that kinda... Inspired me. The Incarnum Soulstorm will be both a boom and a curse, a dangerous boon for incarnum users, and a full blown problem for everyone else.

Because it makes the Lost.

DaBull
2008-08-01, 01:58 AM
DIVINE SHINNANIGANS!! (no, I have no idea how to spell shinnanigans)
OH YEAH!

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-01, 02:03 AM
Try google :P (it's SHENANIGANS)

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-01, 02:11 AM
I'm gonna pistol whip the next guy who says "shenanigans"!

Edit: Why yes, I just quoted Super Troopers...I feel dirty.

Jeriah
2008-08-01, 02:31 AM
Did Xiua'Hi just give Teera an artifact? I'm not sure if that counts as an actual artifact or not.

Vadin
2008-08-01, 02:34 AM
Why are the LoC threads the most active in the middle of the night/far too early in the morning? Do none of us need sleep?!?

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-01, 02:48 AM
Well, I know I'm just nuts. I don't know what the rest of your excuses are.

Jeriah
2008-08-01, 03:26 AM
Timezones.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 04:49 AM
Did Xiua'Hi just give Teera an artifact? I'm not sure if that counts as an actual artifact or not.

No, he gave Sombeious an artifact. Teera wasnt near darkness, or crying.
Also, yes it counts as your artifact untill it leaves your presence.

Ominous
2008-08-01, 05:28 AM
I would like to participate. The domain of time caught my eye and I created a quick rough idea of a god with that domain.

Sennoth, the Timekeeper
Played By Ominous
(DR:6) Lesser Deity, Wizard 18/Cleric 10
Symbol: An empty hourglass
Home: The Void
Alignment: Neutral
Domains: Indifference, Time
Portfolio: Time
Favored Weapon: Staff
Combat: Caster 18, Divinity 10, Favored of Sennoth {A} x2, Defense Against The Foreseen {D}
Brief Description: Sennoth appears as a human with light grey skin and completely white eyes and hair, wearing a solid black cloak with the hood pulled up. Sennoth has claimed time as his purview. He watches the present, examines the past, and divines the future to see what lies ahead and acts to alter the timeline to his preferred course. Sennoth does not favor any deity over any other, being willing to help any deity, if it will lead to his desired future. He also does not put much value into the good, evil, law, or chaos. Sennoth is only concerned about himself and his desired future. He appreciates knowledge and magic, believing that a firm understanding of both can lead to greater insights into time.
Favored of Sennoth – Fate favors those chosen by Sennoth and grants them aid in their battles.
Defense Against The Foreseen– Due to Sennoth’s unique domain, he is able to foresee what perils await him in the future and act appropriately to counter them.

DaBull
2008-08-01, 07:56 AM
Why are the LoC threads the most active in the middle of the night/far too early in the morning? Do none of us need sleep?!?

Because staying up seems like a great idea until I lay down to sleep and realize how toasted I'm gonna be in the morning...

Edit: Why yes, I just quoted Super Troopers...I feel dirty.

That movie is beest...
You kids like Mex-i-co!?

And, RE:Sennoth

Just a thought, and I may be being a little pretentious, since my vote doesn't actually count. What motivates your character? The time god as a mysterious balanced actor is classic, but it isn't very well motivated... If you don't care for Chaos or Law, then moving towards one of those goals isn't your motivation. Alignment is often just a simplistic expression of motivation. Since you don't have any of that, what future does your god want to bring about? This is an incredibly important question to ask, since it will guide all of your actions in-game...

Ominous
2008-08-01, 08:15 AM
And, RE:Sennoth

Just a thought, and I may be being a little pretentious, since my vote doesn't actually count. What motivates your character? The time god as a mysterious balanced actor is classic, but it isn't very well motivated... If you don't care for Chaos or Law, then moving towards one of those goals isn't your motivation. Alignment is often just a simplistic expression of motivation. Since you don't have any of that, what future does your god want to bring about? This is an incredibly important question to ask, since it will guide all of your actions in-game...

Honestly, it doesn't matter what it is. It's enough to know that he is motivated by something other than good, evil, chaos, and law. Sennoth is inscrutable. If I were to actually give him a motive, he's suddenly understandable by mortals and loses that wonderful "beyond mortal understanding" quality that I'm gunning for.

It's not going to guide my actions in game. Sennoth is going to keep to himself, only getting involved very rarely. In fact my original draft had him not caring at all about what happened to the universe, only that time ticked on regardless. I felt this kind of limited what I could do with him, as him getting involved with anything would violate his philosophy. So I altered it to him having some unknown motive, so he could very rarely involve himself in the affairs of others.

tsuuga
2008-08-01, 08:22 AM
Mortals don't get to read this thread, you know... :smallwink:. Seriously, though; being inscrutable is fine, but you need three votes... and at least most of those seven people like to know what a deity's motivation is before they vote for em. If you want to keep the motivations secret, that's fine - just PM them to the members of the council. I've added Sennoth to the list of gods to be approved on the first page, by the way.

Ominous
2008-08-01, 09:01 AM
Mortals don't get to read this thread, you know... :smallwink:. Seriously, though; being inscrutable is fine, but you need three votes... and at least most of those seven people like to know what a deity's motivation is before they vote for em. If you want to keep the motivations secret, that's fine - just PM them to the members of the council. I've added Sennoth to the list of gods to be approved on the first page, by the way.

EDIT - Here, I think I may have something a little better. He's motivated to study and understand the past, present, and, most of all, the future, in order to ensure that the universe unravels as it should. If something would result in the future he foresaw not coming to pass, he acts to correct it.

EDIT II - I apologize for my grumpiness. I've been up all night reading these threads.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 12:10 PM
According to Alch. The Time Domain is not avalible to new Gods untill the first year is over.

We've turned out 3 other gods for the same reason. Sorry.

Also, there is a war starting next turn, so long as new gods are alright comming in with 3 AP in the middle of a large scale war and your god checks out you have my vote.

Edit: We also do not have humans in the game yet.

Faithless
2008-08-01, 12:33 PM
You have my vote. I'd be okay with making this domain available to let this guy in. The application is perfect except for the divine combat portion but we don't require you have that done right away. It's confusing.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 12:38 PM
One more council member throwing their vote in then.

Then ill cast my vote.

tsuuga
2008-08-01, 12:52 PM
Vote Number 3 for Sennoth. For the record, Time is on the list of available domains, currently; so it's my fault, not Ominous'.

Edit: OK, I could have sworn I added Sennoth to the proposed deities list. Man, I'm out of it today.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 12:58 PM
Its ok, and ya, three votes for Sennoth. And its not your fualt Tsuuga, same to Faithless. nothing is ever your fualts, its always another random person on this thread, because you and Faithless rule.

AgentPaper
2008-08-01, 01:22 PM
Sounds like he's the god of fate. Predicts the future, and makes it happen. What he sees is fated to happen, and he makes sure what's fated comes to pass. Seems lawful to me, but could be TN depending on how you carry out those actions.

DaBull
2008-08-01, 01:32 PM
Ope, you're holding your motivations close to your chest, eh? That's cool... I'll just leave the other half of this post alone, because I think it's something you should keep in mind as you play the time god.

Once again, do whatever you want, you've already been voted in, but having spent four to six hours of my own life on a time god concept before i thought up Albatrix, motivation is a difficult and critical part of your concept. Moreso than most for two reasons
#1: You know the past, present, and future (or at least can pretend to), there is no warm up time for you. You can immediately begin moving towards your goal without any sort of metagaming suspicions. Essentially, since you can almost assume a totally objective observer status on all of the Playground's history, whatever you want to do could thereoretically be justified in RP...
#2: The classic concept of a time god totally lacks motivation. They tend to be the least fun character to ever RP, since they simply sit back and watch things go by. Honestly, fatalism is no fun in RP, and really just makes u want to jump him off a cliff... which I did once...
For a character with almost infinite active RP potential, it is critical that some sort of motivation be reached, so that you don't end up wasting your all-seeing powers on total inaction...

Welcome to the pantheon...

nothing is ever your fualts, its always another random person on this thread
"hi"

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 01:36 PM
He has stated his motivation. Its unknowable.

Out of all the time gods we've had, his is the best i've seen, to be honest with you.

Let him play the character he wants, he seems to have a clear idea of what he is going to do already. He actually went though the ic thread, which is alot more then i can say for a good deal of applicants we get.

Faithless
2008-08-01, 01:44 PM
Yeah let people do their own characters.

Let other people go on msn

DaBull
2008-08-01, 01:47 PM
Like I said, he can do what he wants. Also, unknowable and nonexistant are different. Just because I don't know it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That I like, and in that case I would agree with you, Innis, it stands to remain in the classic style of time god without falling into its major RP pitfall.

The other stuff was just something I thought was cool to think about as a character... especially the ability to justify virtually anything in RP... Think about it, as long as its advantageous for him in the game somehow, he can justify it because he would automatically know that it would be advantageous at some point in the future. This offers problems with just totally random actions, but that could just be chalked up to caprice.

Also, just a question of concept. What type of future-seeing are you going to be using? Is Sennoth omnipotent? Can he see all times and all places? Or is it more like a point-observance sheme, where he can see all time possibilities of the particular perceptual area he views? I guess a mix could be used if scrying was the used method as well...
This is not me critiqueing, just trying to get to know your concept better. Like I said, I spent a bunch of time on a time god concept, and I'm very interested in the role that the one who has been accepted will play in the Playground.

Faithless
2008-08-01, 01:49 PM
Well most gods can pretty much see all times and places except for the purposely discreet affairs of other gods.

tsuuga
2008-08-01, 02:08 PM
all times and places? Yikes. In Deities and Demigods, they can see at most a week into the future...

I agree that Fate fits the character as well... No reason she can't grab both, though.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 02:10 PM
I thought it was a week per DR

Faithless
2008-08-01, 02:19 PM
Whoops. Not all times. I meant at any given time they see everything in the mortal world that is going on right then.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-01, 03:33 PM
Yeah, as described in Deities and Demigods, a god can foresee events (related to their portfolio) for X weeks in the future, is aware of all events in their portfolio as they occur, and can retain the sensation of those events in perfect detail for X weeks after they have occurred.

Gods are still no where near omnipresent or omniscient. Lossethir just happens to know the details of every snowman made 6 weeks ago and 6 weeks from now...

"And yea, unto my people I shall send a snowman, and he shall be a jolly happy soul, with a corncob pipe and a button nose, and two eyes made out of coal! And lo, he shall be named Frosty."

Edit: Gods have the same awareness regarding their temples, shrines and all mortal prayers addressed to them or regarding their portfolio.