PDA

View Full Version : My work contributed to an Emmy Nomination

ARMOURERERIC
2008-07-24, 11:05 PM
I found out that Angus Strathie has been nominated for a costume design Emmy nomination for Tin Man Episode 1, Angus was my contact on the Tin Man project and got me my first big Hollywood film break by contracting all the armour parts for the longcoats and the big a$$ brass shoulders on the Wicked Witch out to my shop.

Eric
James River Armoury
San Diego

mikeejimbo
2008-07-24, 11:07 PM
Sweet! That's awesome news. Not only must you feel great about that, but I bet your shop is getting a lot of publicity.

Congratulations!

BRC
2008-07-24, 11:12 PM
This calls for an E-party. And nobody knows how to E-Party like the playgrounders.

Swordguy
2008-07-24, 11:32 PM
I found out that Angus Strathie has been nominated for a costume design Emmy nomination for Tin Man Episode 1, Angus was my contact on the Tin Man project and got me my first big Hollywood film break by contracting all the armour parts for the longcoats and the big a$$ brass shoulders on the Wicked Witch out to my shop.

Eric
James River Armoury
San Diego

YOU'RE the one who did those? Beautiful work man - I've got a pair of your arms and they're some of the best I've ever used.

Everybody else? If you're looking for good armor parts, order from this man. He's one of three smiths I've ever dealt with who did the work promptly and to my specifications.

ARMOURERERIC
2008-07-25, 12:08 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the plug, I could use the business, I'm broke rightnow, you can always find my basic work on ebay under the seller name armourereric

ARMOURERERIC
2008-07-25, 12:14 AM
Here is the actual category and nomination:

Outstanding Costumes For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special

Bernard And Doris • HBO • Trigger Street Independent Productions in association with Little Bird and Chicago Films and HBO Films
Joseph G. Aulisi, Costume Designer
Autumn Saville, Assistant Costume Designer

Comanche Moon • Part 2 • CBS • The Firm / Sony Pictures Television / CBS Paramount
Van Broughton Ramsey, Costume Designer
Betsey Potter, Costume Supervisor

Cranford (MASTERPIECE) • Part One • PBS • A BBC and WGBH/Boston co-production
Jenny Beavan, Costume Designer
Mark Ferguson, Costume Supervisor

John Adams • Reunion • HBO • Playtone in association with HBO Films
Donna Zakowska, Costume Designer
Amy Andrews Harrell, Costume Supervisor
Clare Spragge, Costume Supervisor

Tin Man • Night 1 • Sci Fi Channel • RHI Entertainment
Angus Strathie, Costume Designer
Sandi Blackie, Costume Supervisor

Athaniar
2008-07-25, 03:55 AM
Congratulations! You don't have a website or anything?

Silent Hunter
2008-07-25, 10:25 AM
Congratulations!

Fri
2008-07-25, 10:34 AM
Man, that's amazing. I hope this will help you out of your financial problems. We need to help fellow playgrounders, at least by pluggin him! Too bad I have no need for costumes or armor

Swordguy
2008-07-25, 06:08 PM
Congratulations! You don't have a website or anything?

His website is suspended right now - I know he had one.

www.jamesriverarmoury.com/ if I remember correctly.