PDA

View Full Version : Best Storyline

Haleyintraining
2008-07-25, 06:41 AM
Which storyline is better: Elan, Durkon, and V with the Azurites, O-Chul and team evil in Azure City, Roy in the Afterlife, or Haley, Celia, and Belkar in Greysky? And also, why?

Personally I'm enjoying the Roy in the Afterlife one, and I hope that he won't be raised soon, because every comic with him in the afterlife is hilarious.

Liwen
2008-07-25, 07:05 AM
I like the Azurites of the boat storyline. The episode of the island was a bit irritating and pointless, but the general story is good, they have a new villain to deal with and lots of people to protect from him.

Roy's afterlife is simply too focused on a single character to have a lasting intrest. Plus it's pretty useless since Roy is entirely dependable of the actions of the rest of the living OotS.

O-chul and Bad guys storyline is just not moving enough for me. It's basically and reasonnable excuse for the villains to lay low for a while, giving enough time for everyone else to complete their side arc.

Haley's group is a close second in terms of intrest but only because it is the plot progressing at the moment. Hovewer, as long as they don't run into a cleric with ressurection, their options are pretty limited to "travel to cliffport" and "fool around a city full of criminals just for the heck of getting Haley killed".

Morgan Wick
2008-07-25, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure Roy in the Afterlife even qualifies. It's pretty tightly bound to Haley/Celia/Belkar.

Siosilvar
2008-07-25, 02:53 PM
Greysky city just... doesn't appeal to me. Although the last few panels of #577 are a lot better.

Best I'd have to say O-Chul. He's awesome, and "Throw in the first group!".

Lissou
2008-07-25, 02:56 PM
At this point I must sound like a broken disc, but... Team Evil all the way :P
To be honest, it's the story I'm the most curious about. I also think it should be the one we hear the least about for a bit.

Between the two parts of the order, I'd say... Probably Haley/Celia/Belkar. There has been some serious plot advancement with the Oracle/Mark of Justice thingie, plus I think it's good to see Celia more.

As for Roy, to me he's more of a link between the two halves of the order, and not really a story of himself, as he's part of both other stories at the same time.

But I really like all parts of the story, and I'm curious about what's going to happen next.

Morty
2008-07-25, 03:15 PM
Team Evil. Redcloak is my favorite character in OoTS and MiTD/O-Chul interaction has a great humor and plot potential. Xykon's ramblings and murderous tendencies are getting a bit old, but are still funny. Besides, I want to see how Redcloak's plans for a goblin nation will work out.
Which is not to say other storylines are bad, just Team Evil in Azure City is the best.

An Enemy Spy
2008-07-25, 06:43 PM
I like the one with :haley: and :belkar: the most. O-chul and :redcloak: :xykon: and :mitd: were more of just a cutaway scene than a story arc, and while I loved the Orc Island plot, it doesn't seem quite as important to the plot as :belkar:'s MOJ, :roy: being a golem, and :haley: probably going meet up with Crystal or somebody.

Lupy
2008-07-25, 09:06 PM
I like the Redcloak storyline best, as always. :smallamused: But that's because I like Redcloak the best. Roy in the afterlife itself is good, but Haley in Greysky City isn't really making me laugh or worry about the Drama. Elan and Co. are the big source of laughs right now, and they're fun too... Inless V gives me nightmares next time we see hem.

dps
2008-07-25, 10:05 PM
Haley-Celia-Belkar has the best storyline, in that it's the only one that has actually been advancing the plot recently. I'm not sure that that makes it my favorite, though, since the others have had some great jokes.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-07-25, 11:03 PM
As much as I love both Elan and O-chul, I have to say that Celia and Haley in Greysky City is the best storyline by far.

I'm very interested in learning more about Haley's past. I'm glad to see she is back to being the competent leader she was in #511 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0511.html).

Celia's turning out to be a great character and I can't wait to find out how the MOJ will affect Belkar and everyone else.

David Argall
2008-07-25, 11:06 PM
My favorite will be the one after they get back together.

The_Ferg
2008-07-25, 11:19 PM
I don't know about which is the best from a story perspective, but from a comedy view, I think Roy's is the best. Any conversation between Roy and Eugene is always pure comic gold. From the early comics, to the post-trial scenes, through both prequels, and now the afterlife, their bitter sarcasm and biting ripostes have been hilarious every time. I always find myself wanting more of them...

Impikmin
2008-07-26, 12:06 AM
I loov O-Chul! So funny :) I'd say it's best but Rich doesn't show enough of them anymore..

cheesecake
2008-07-26, 06:45 AM
I'm enjoying the story much more these days, from all of the Arcs going on.

I was down to checking the site, once a month or less, since the end of the battle for Azure City.

Now I'm back to checking every couple days. I just wish the story would move, some things seem so pointless....

TreesOfDeath
2008-08-01, 07:30 AM
The Azurite story arc, depsite pacign problems. But its so meaty and has loads of characther devlopment.
I also thought the Bandits arc was AMAZING, for a filler arc

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-08-01, 08:37 AM
I was hoping for MORE of the island story line, too bad it ended so quickly with a retreat to the ships...

What can I say, orcs, waves, island paradise? What's not to love? :smallbiggrin:

Since the orcs didn't seem to be "typical evil raiders," the island could have had an interesting alliance between the "pure and good" paladins and Azurites, and the "noble savages" of the islands...

Oh well... Tangents not taken become story seeds for other adventures for other parties. Maybe I'll write something up for my son and his friends. :smallamused:

Ironwolf172
2008-08-01, 01:31 PM
My favorite is O-Chul in the city. I think a revolt is about to break out. If you remember the prisoner's conversation about the Paladin. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0547.html

Liwen
2008-08-01, 02:08 PM
Yeah sure, they do have a chance to revolt with a epic lich in town.

But if they wait long enough for him to leave because he's bored of waiting...

d'Bwobsling
2008-08-01, 07:03 PM
I'd like to see more of Elan and co, to see how much V has become obsessed with finding Haley and Belkar. The character development seems kindof forces, but in oots time weeks pass between us seeing them.

mofabulous
2008-08-01, 07:19 PM
I have to go with team evil as well.

When reading team evil stuff it seems as if plots actually moving. The split up OOtS teams have stagnated subplots going on. The appeal of OOtS is the interaction between team members and we dont see that now.

Also Xykon is comedy gold ...

Jumbie
2008-08-02, 11:27 AM
There is absolutely no contest for me.

Team Evil hands down. I love MitD, Xykon and Recloak. Pure comic genius.

Swordlol
2008-08-02, 09:32 PM
Specifically: The War between Xylon and Azure City.

Redcloak and his wizard battle.

The Xylon decoys.

Miko's death.

All great stuff.

Cleverdan22
2008-08-02, 09:58 PM
I would say the Elan, Durkon, V storyline is my favorite. It seems to bring in more of the classic Order of the Stick adventuring action.

Sequinox
2008-08-02, 10:58 PM
Specifically: The War between Xylon and Azure City.

Redcloak and his wizard battle.

The Xylon decoys.

Miko's death.

All great stuff.

Who's Xylon?

Oxymoron
2008-08-02, 11:38 PM
I liked the story with Haley and Belkar the best. Why? Because it's advancing the plot. I think the group have been separated for too long, and finally the story is moving towards that goal. I also like the fact that Haley will have to deal with her past. I had a feeling this would happen when I read the Origin of the PCs. The other characters in the thieves guild just seemed to well-developed (is that a word?) to be never seen again.

Roy's afterlife was also great because it gave us insight into Roy's past, however he shouldn't be there for much longer. He needs to come back soon to lead the group.

O-chul and team evil was OK. It could have been a bit shorter. It seems to me that Rich Burlew have a NEED to explain EVERYTHING recently. The first comic storys was a lot shorter and had a lot less text, but I still understood what was going on. Now every story has a lot of strips and every talking bubbles are filled with walls of textes. And this is coming from someone (me) that usually loves all the little details.

Elan and Durkon and V was the least entertaining story so far. Maybe because I felt that the story wasn't advancing the plot, or maybe because it wasn't that funny. I like the storys to have some seriousness in them, and this story was just silly, but thats just me.

Connington
2008-08-03, 12:52 AM
Who's Xylon?

He's the power behind the throne, the king of the giant space cats that control the Order of the Stick. The classic evil villain, complete with whisker twirling and an evil meow. A horrible death meow. As part of his incredible Xanatos Roulette, He brought a man named from Modern Earth, and lichified him. that man's name was none other than RICH BURLEW! However, in order to disguise the self insertion, Xylon named the newly lichified Burlew after himself. Unfortunately, there was a typographical error in the memo to the rest of the Giant Space Cat kingdom, and the misspelled name stuck.

Swordlol must have broken into Mr. Burlew's apartment to have discovered such a tightly kept secret.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-08-03, 01:09 AM
(Ranked in descending order of awesome) Team Evil, Greysky, Afterlife, Azurites.

The Paladin stuff hasn't interested me in the slightest seeing as it features all the characters I don't care for doing highly irrelevant things.

brennanatorx45
2008-08-04, 10:28 PM
I like the story line with roy in the afterlife, there havn't been many comics w/ him but the few there are hilarius

Cizak
2008-08-05, 07:12 AM
I think I enjoy Roy in the afterlife best, but I'm not sure. Team Evil is also kinda funny. The Elan, V and Durkon - story wasn't very funny, but I would like to see more of them.

Oh, and by the way, Cleverdan22? You egg has a soft shell, you might want to check that out. Just so you know.