PDA

View Full Version : Eyes of the Lich Queen IC (Take Two)

Pages : 1 [2]

GimliFett
2008-09-25, 10:49 AM
Pax HP: 27/32; AC 24; t 14, f 23
Pax points vaguely in the direction of the recently killed lizardfolk. "We did search the little one, but I think in our haste we neglected the bigger, second lizardfolk." He looks around at his companions. "Shall we move on, then?"

Kyeudo
2008-09-26, 11:41 AM
As you return towards the temple, you see that no one has yet touched the site of your battle. The shadowy flames have died out, leaving behind sections of jungle blackened and frosted, but the bodies still lie in pools of their own blood.

((If you want to search the blackscale, you find its greatclub, a javelin, a number of necklaces made from Eberron dragonshards, colorful feathers, and bits of jade carved into claws, and a hollow gourd filled with a thick green liquid.))

As you top a small rise, the jungle gives way to an open space dominated by a huge stone structure. The Temple of Kha'shazul is a mass of vine-choked granite walls and collums. Two stone domes mark either end of its oblong shape, and a columned portico justs out from the temple's entrance. Steam billows from somewhere within the temple, venting through high open windows twenty feet above the ground.

Before the temple are two circles of crude huts, one circle sized appropriately for blackscales, the other for much smaller creatures, like that Poison Dusk you captured.

The temple is currently on alert. Several pairs of blackscale warriors patrol around the temple at odd intervals while another pair stands guard at the temple's entrance. No other creatures can be seen, but given the way the Poison Dusk can camouflage themselves they could be in plain view and remain undetected.

Qualia
2008-09-27, 12:17 PM
Balen

((I'll grab a dragonshard necklace and some jade claws))

He turns to the group "Well, how anyone have any bright ideas?"

thevorpalbunny
2008-09-27, 07:12 PM
((Kabe uses Mystic Reflections on the liquid and the necklaces, then takes a necklace and puts the gourd in his haversack.))

"Who's can best scout for hidden Poison Dusk? I can help them stay hidden."

Kyeudo
2008-09-27, 07:45 PM
((The liquid pings, the necklaces do not.))

Wiz
2008-09-27, 11:22 PM
Will

Will shrugs, "Alertness is a speciality of mine... hiding, I'm not so good at. Plus I'm not fully recovered from the poison dusk venom."

Waspinator
2008-09-28, 12:48 PM
"Anyone have any ideas for a distraction? It could be useful to lure some of them away from this side so that we would not have to potentially deal with all of them at once."

Wiz
2008-09-28, 02:51 PM
Will

Will looks thoughtful, "Given a day or so I could maybe prepare a Silent Image spell..."

Qualia
2008-09-29, 05:00 AM
Balen

"Well I'm sure I can manage some kind of distraction, do we want to draw them into some kind of ambush, or just split them up? Do we need to kill them all to grab the items or can we try some stealth?"

thevorpalbunny
2008-09-29, 06:35 AM
"We shouldn't get greedy, stealth is the way to go here."

Waspinator
2008-09-29, 10:34 AM
"I could try a bit of telepathic trickery to distract them. "This is your god. Your enemies are trying to attack you from the north!" (or any other direction but where we are) could be very effective."

What side of the temple are we on anyway, compass-wise?

Kyeudo
2008-09-29, 12:06 PM
You are on the south side of the Temple.

Waspinator
2008-09-29, 06:02 PM
"The more I think about it, the more I like this plan. If one of you who knows their language can give me a suitable phrase, I can try to lure them away."

Qualia
2008-10-01, 06:05 AM
Balen

"I'm more than happy to translate - just tell me what you want to say."

Wiz
2008-10-01, 07:54 AM
Will

Will looks curious, "What are you planning?"

Waspinator
2008-10-01, 10:42 AM
"As I said, these people seem to be fairly religious. A telepathic message that seems to be from their god telling them that there are enemies to fight to the north may be heeded quite promptly. It could be as simple as "Defilers and invaders approach from the north!" Even if they don't all fall for it, it might narrow down the ranks."

Qualia
2008-10-01, 04:56 PM
Balen

"We may need some physical evidence to go with it. Perhaps sound off with those whistles we found, and maybe light a fire or something. Could we create a shadow."

Waspinator
2008-10-02, 05:05 PM
"The fire would probably be the easiest option. How should we do this? Have most of us wait here while one goes, lights it, and circles back around?"

Wiz
2008-10-06, 10:29 AM
Will

Will shrugs, "Given a day or so to remember what I saw that wizard do, I can maybe do an invisibility. Otherwise, I can use my rather scant stealth skills to try to sneak around... I've probably got the best chance of spotting the hiding lizards, but they are very good."

thevorpalbunny
2008-10-06, 01:12 PM
"I could give you a mystery that would allow you to conceal yourself more effectively, but it would only last about half a minute. Nothing else I have could help."

Wiz
2008-10-06, 01:35 PM
Will

Will nods and shrugs, "Half a minute isn't much good for circling the camp to set a fire."