PDA

View Full Version : Eyes of the Lich Queen IC (Take Two)

Pages : [1] 2

Kyeudo
2008-07-25, 12:13 PM
With no warning, you suddenly hear the voice of what sounds like a gnome inside your head. "Your services have been requested. Come to Kern's Rest and Revelry tommorow morning to discuss arrangements. Be prepared for travel. A House Sivis Service."

Kern's Rest and Revelry is a rather large hostel of average quality located in the merchant district of Starilaskur, not far from the lightning rail station. The hostel is jointly operated by House Ghallanda and House Thuranni, and incorporates numerous performing stages and private dining rooms, as well as rooms for rent. The private rooms are said to have witnessed every sort of secret dealing, from the illicit sale of stolen goods to covert meetings between spies, and are rumored to be magicaly protected against observation, although more likely they simply incorporate the more mundane aproach of thin lead sheeting within the walls.

The hostel is fairly quiet when you arive, with only a lone bard playing for the various patrons enjoying breakfast. Once you inquire with the host, a perky young half-elf, you are welcomed and swiftly ushered up a short flight of stairs and into a balcony room that overlooks the stage below. A number of chairs are arranged close to the balcony's edge and a low table, laden with fruits and pastries, rests against the back wall.

A middle-aged human with dark hair and a neatly trimmed beard stands near the chairs, apparently enjoying the sounds of the lute drifting up from below. He turns as the door opens and, upon seeing you, gestures to the table. "Please, help yourselves. My name is Sur'kil, and we have buisness to discuss, which is always more pleasant on a full stomach."

((You may arrive together with the first comers or arive seperately later, as you so choose. Makes no difference to me. I don't mind explaining things twice.))

Lochar
2008-07-25, 01:38 PM
T'Mere

A lone elf walks into the room, his pale white skin and silvery hair standing out well against his dark blue and deep brown clothing. What is most striking about the man is his eyes. The orbs are pure black, and seem to reflect light away from them, instead of draw it in so that he can see.

Although, he does walk well enough, so if he is blind, it doesn't stop him.

At Sur'kil's introduction, T'Mere nods back. "Food is always nice to have provided. Much better than what has to be searched for."

T'Mere moves easily over to the table, taking a plate and casting his eyes over the table. He takes a few apples, a pear, and passes over the pastries. He pauses, and moves his hand again, collecting a few cherries after the moment's thought.

Moving around the room, he takes a seat at one of the chairs, pulling it a bit away from the balcony. "May I ask what brought me here, or do you wish to wait for the rest of the seats to be filled?"

Kyeudo
2008-07-25, 02:09 PM
"A business proposal that I think you might be interested in. I'd like to wait for one or two more before I say more. Less explaining that way."

Lochar
2008-07-25, 02:27 PM
T'Mere

"Understandable. I would not think you would enjoy explaining it many times, as much as I probably would dislike hearing it explained again and again."

T'Mere takes one of the cherries and tries it, smiling at the flavor.

"If we're not to discuss business, may I ask more about you then? I always like to know more about my potential employers."

Kyeudo
2008-07-25, 03:10 PM
"Ask whatever you will. There are a few things that I can't answer, for one reason or another, but it never hurts to ask."

Lochar
2008-07-25, 03:22 PM
T'Mere

"You obviously enjoy music," T'Mere motions to where they can both hear the lute music, "but what else do you enjoy?"

Kyeudo
2008-07-25, 03:36 PM
"A good puzzle. At first you can't see where everything goes, but as pieces slide together you finally see the big picture. Hard to find a good one, though. Not much call for such things."

Lochar
2008-07-25, 03:47 PM
T'Mere

"Make a few yourself. If nothing else, there is probably a market for them with the bored nobles. I've seen a few thought puzzles. Blacksmith's toys they're called. Metal contraptions where you have to get a ring off of it. They look like twisted metal, but if you move the ring a certain way, it slides off like water."

Kyeudo
2008-07-25, 03:56 PM
"I've done more than a few in my time, but most are far too simple for my taste."

Waspinator
2008-07-25, 06:38 PM
A tall man in armor walks in after T'Mere. A keen eye might notice a small, crystal-like creature drop down from his backpack and take up a sentry position just outside of the door. He walks over to the chairs, but does not take any of the food or sit down yet.

"I am Belamros Urthadar, but I assume that you already know that given how we were requested. I have come because I have heard that you might have use of the services of a skilled warrior. Is this true? I would like to know the details of what we would be doing before we discuss anything else."

I have asked my Psicrystal to hide outside of the door and observe anyone who approaches. If anyone suspicious comes, it can tell me via Telepathic Speech.

Kyeudo
2008-07-25, 08:31 PM
"Very true. Please, have some breakfast before we begin." He jestures towards the table.

I believe the rest of the party falls into the category of "anyone suspicious."

Lochar
2008-07-25, 08:39 PM
T'Mere

"Our host wished to wait until the rest of the seats were filled. You don't want to have to hear the same pitch several times, do you?" T'Mere nods at the chair. "Have a seat, the fruit is excellent. I am T'mere Nighre, by the way."

Introducing himself done, T'Mere turns back to Sur'kil. "Have you thought about commissioning one then? Promise to pay a generous price for a puzzle that can keep you occupied for longer periods of time."

Kyeudo
2008-07-25, 09:23 PM
"I find enough puzzles in my studies to keep me occupied. One could say that my whole line of work is but one large puzzle."

Lochar
2008-07-25, 09:25 PM
T'Mere

"And that line of work would be?"

Kyeudo
2008-07-26, 12:46 AM
"Research. Historical mostly, but I dabble here and there sometimes." He sips from a glass of orange juice, enjoying the sound of the bard's lute, clearly audible dispite the the faint din of breakfast below.

Wiz
2008-07-26, 02:51 AM
Will

Will walks in, "Dabbling... that's something I can appreciate." He glances around, smiling, "Food I can appreciate even more. Good morning all." He walks over and helps himself to several pastries, more than you would expect for such a thin fellow. "Any coffee, hot and black? And how many others are we waiting for?"

Qualia
2008-07-26, 09:41 AM
Balen

A tall human saunters in, brushing his long golden hair out of his face. He scans the room as he adjusts a bright red sash, tied around his waist. A broad smile breaks across his face as he catches sight of the breakfast.

"Ahhh, breakfast - the most important meal of the day. Don't mind if I help myself do you, I'm starved."

Balen grabs a couple of pastries and a handful of fruit, but his attention is clearly on the other people in the room.

"Did I hear someone say something about coffee?"

He raises a pastry to his mouth, then pushes it back down onto the plate.

"Where are my manners, Balen Graz'zt, at your service."

He takes a deep bow, flourishing an arm, then straightens up, grabbing his plate and making his way over to T'Mere. He glances over the balcony then turns to T'Mere.

"Is this seat taken?"

thevorpalbunny
2008-07-26, 11:02 AM
Kaberon ir'Morgrave
As he walks in, Kabe remarks, "Haven't been here in a while. Brings back a few memories," he looks around and smile to the occupants, "I'm Kaberon ir'Morgrave. If we're going to work together you can call me Kabe."
Then, directing his attention to the man in charge, "Interesting choice of venue.. Just two questions; what's the job and why did you contact us through telepathy and hold the meeting in a scrying-proof room? If you're not careful, folks will think you have something to hide."

Kyeudo
2008-07-26, 01:45 PM
"The cofee should be right next to the milk. It should still be reasonably hot."

"A House Sivis sending reaches the proper recipient much faster than a telegram and it is always best to discuss important buisness in privacy. One never knows to what lengths competition will go."

He takes a last sip from his glass and sets it down. "Now that most of you are here, we can begin. I am what you might call an independant researcher. I have recently uncovered hints and rumors of an ancient site dating back to the so-called Age of Demons. I would like to employ you to investigate this location, and to retrieve a relic that I believe might yet remain there."

"This task is not without some degree of danger, which is why I require the services of individuals such as yourselves. The location, while nominally still in Khoirevaire, is somewhat remote, and so I would like to procure your services for a period of at least four weeks. You will have free choice of any treasure found at the site with the exception of the relics I seek, for which you will be paid in full. I can off you each a base fee of 250 gold pieces per week plus travel expenses. I will provide half up front."

Wiz
2008-07-26, 02:47 PM
Will

Will raises his hand. "Will's the name, traps are my game." He pours some coffee... "Independent researcher who dabbles sounds a bit unprofessional, but that's not a problem for me if the pay is guranteed. What I do have a problem is exactitude on verbal or written contracts, do you want us to get you a relic or relics? It's mighty hard when part of our pay is whatever we find, not knowing what it is you plan to claim for yourself."

Kyeudo
2008-07-26, 03:42 PM
Sur'kil looks Will up and down. "You're awefully tall for a gnome," he says with a smirk.

"All joking aside, I can't know exactly what you will find. I am fairly certain that one relic in particular can be found at the site, but there may be others of intrest to me there as well. However, I will pay you fair market price for any relics that I claim."

Waspinator
2008-07-26, 03:59 PM
Belamros nods to the newcomers.
"I am pleased to make your acquaintance. I am Belamros Urthadar, a student of the study of mind over matter."

Turning back to their host, he says, "Could you at least tell us manner of "relics" you refer to? Would these be merely items of value or anything that might be useful or dangerous?"

Lochar
2008-07-26, 04:01 PM
T'Mere

"I would like to know what relic you think is specifically there, and what might be as well. Also, beyond the single relic you know you want, would it be possible to negotiate to keep others, surrendering a portion of our pay?"

Wiz
2008-07-26, 04:40 PM
Will

Will chuckles, "Exactly, unless you don't mind us going out in public or to your 'competitors' to ask what they think the fair market value of things are?"

Qualia
2008-07-26, 06:18 PM
Balen

Balen drains the last of his coffee and puts his cup down.

"I'll leave the haggling to those better suited. What interests me is how long you think this little endeavour will take, and how soon we can leave."

He stands up and makes his way back to the low table, eyeing the contents greedily.

"One thing, can you be any more more specific with regards the dangers you mentioned? One doesn't want to enter these things half cocked." A smile breaks out across his face. "Well, no more than is necessary."

Kyeudo
2008-07-26, 06:49 PM
"The relics I seek aren't anything dangerous or that would be particularly useful to you. The relics I am looking for are things such as tablets or slates with ancient writings, ancient works of art or symbology, or objects of religious significance. I would prefer not to go into specifics on what I am hoping to find before we are underway."

"I would be willing to negotiate prices on the relics, but I can assure you that you will not be able to get as good of a price for them from any of my potential competitors."

In answer to Balen's questions, he continues. "I intend to leave on the lightning rail this afternoon. Once we are finished with breakfast and these negotiations, you can make any last minute preparations that you need to before we set out."

"As for the dangers you are likely to face, there will probably be wildlife and definitely primitive tribes, both expected to be hostile."

Lochar
2008-07-26, 07:11 PM
T'Mere

T'Mere does a few numbers in his head, thinking for a moment. You said half up front, with travel expenses paid by you. Judging by the chairs, you expect six of us. A good, fast horse runs around seventy five gold coins, so six of us would be 450 gold coins there, plus the cost of saddles. Add in a pack mule to carry back your relics and carry four weeks of trail rations for each of us and tents. Say another hundred and sixty coins. Total off hand would be a little over six hundred gold, if the locals give us a fair price. Can anyone else think of what would be required for traveling?"

Kyeudo
2008-07-26, 07:48 PM
"You can leave the travel arrangements to me. Most of them have already been laid out in advance."

thevorpalbunny
2008-07-26, 09:14 PM
Kabe
"My apologies. I've done some intelligence work, and I'm told it gave me a tendency to suspect secrets that aren't there. I'm onboard unless this mysterious location is in the Demon Wastes. I've known too many men not to come back from trips there."

Kyeudo
2008-07-26, 09:18 PM
"Rest assured, we won't be going there. I'm not suicidal."

Lochar
2008-07-26, 09:22 PM
T'Mere

"So I can infer from that comment that you will be coming with us?" T'Mere looks at Sur'kil intently, the black orbs of his eyes seeming to become even darker as he focuses on the man. "I had thought you said you were leaving by lightning rail this afternoon?"

Kyeudo
2008-07-26, 09:26 PM
"I intend to depart on the expedition this afternoon. There is a large distance to travel and the sooner we leave the better. I will be accompanying you for the first few legs of the journey."

Wiz
2008-07-27, 12:18 AM
Will

Will looks thoughtful. "So there is one item among everything that you will claim as yours. Anything else that interests you you will offer us a price and we will be allowed to negotiate that with you. It sounds a fair deal. One thing, you will be revealing the target relic once we are under way, correct?"

Kyeudo
2008-07-27, 01:03 AM
"Yes. Once we are on our way, I'll fill you in on all of the specifics."

Lochar
2008-07-28, 12:47 PM
T'Mere

"Well, if we're not going to wait on the sixth chair, I suggest we leave as soon as we get the advance payment."

Waspinator
2008-07-28, 02:27 PM
"Sounds good to me."

I'm going to tell my piscrystal to get ready to be picked back up when we're leaving...

Kyeudo
2008-07-28, 02:35 PM
"It apears the other member I asked here has decided against my offer. If there is no other concerns, it seems I must make a few more arrangements than I first thought."

Sur'kil withdraws pen and a small sheaf of papers from an inside pocket of his waistcoat, each penned in a careful hand and notarized with the House Sivis mark and the House Kundarak seal. He signs each and hands one to each of you. "Here is the down payment on your services. The rail coach leaves at three o'clock, so you'll need to have your preparations done by then. I'll be off now. Feel free to stay and finish your meal. Goodbye." With that he leaves the room.

Qualia
2008-07-28, 03:30 PM
Balen

"Anyone for more coffee? I think I have a pack of cards somewhere if anyone fancies a game. I find a game of chance is a great way to get to know a man."

Wiz
2008-07-28, 04:21 PM
Will

Will frowns, "Is anyone in this group a cleric, or a healer? I'm a bit of a jack-of-all-trades, and I can stand in for most party positions, but I hope I'm not the only healer the group is taking into a serious situation. Especially since I'm usually leading the way and subject first to any traps that might be in place. I can only heal myself if I'm concious."

Lochar
2008-07-28, 04:36 PM
T'Mere

"I don't follow a priest's path, no."

Qualia
2008-07-28, 04:39 PM
Balen

"Sadly I have no gifts in that direction. Perhaps we could get some healing potions from the local artificer?"

Waspinator
2008-07-28, 06:03 PM
"I know some useful battle meditations that can help me recover strength, but you could not benefit from them without much training first."

thevorpalbunny
2008-07-28, 10:29 PM
Kabe
"No, I've no ability in healing. Bu speaking of that, what skills do we have between us. We've a jack-of-all-trades, -- didn't catch your name, by the way -- ,Belamros here said he's some kind of mystic warrior, if I caught your drift. As for me, I am a student of shadow. My strengths are weakening enemies and using and detecting stealth. I can do a few other things with some proficiency, also."

Lochar
2008-07-28, 10:49 PM
T'Mere

"You too are a student of shadow magics?" T'Mere's black orbs focus on Kabe. "Due to percularities of my birth, my shadows tend to focus on defense of myself and the local surroundings. Not to say that I cannot hold my own in a brawl."

Waspinator
2008-07-28, 11:32 PM
"Actually, I am a student of psionics who uses it as an aid in hand-to-hand, or rather claw-to-claw, combat. The power of the mind yields some interesting options."

Belamros' hands suddenly grow large and monstrous, with large claws on their ends. Just as quickly, they go back to apparently normal hands.

Manifesting a 1 PP Claws of the Beast, so I'm down to 13 PP for the day. Not going to waste a bunch on showing off. :smallwink:

Wiz
2008-07-28, 11:37 PM
Will

Will smiles, "Name is Will. As I said, jack-of-all-trades. I can use the sword well, but I'm not a frontline fighter. I can pull off some spell-like effects, but I'm no master wizard. I can do a bit of healing, or undead turning, but I'm not really a cleric. The one thing I do best is find and disarm traps."

Kyeudo
2008-07-30, 04:58 PM
((If anyone has anything they want to buy before leaving, just note it. This will be your last chance for unrestricted spending for a while.))

After finishing breakfast and whatever other preparations you need to make, you meet Sur'kil at the lightning rail station, as scheduled. With him is a brown haired young man, geared for travel and wearing the arrowhead and flame symbol of the Silver Flame. "This is Pax. He has agreed to join us as part of this expedition."

You spend three days traveling in first class accomodations to Korranberg, where you board the Swiftwind, a Lyrander galleon chartered just for this expedition. Though you may ask for specifics before the Swiftwind sets sail, Sur'kil refuses to elaborate further until you are underway.

Once the vessal is safely away from the docks of Korranberg, your enigmatic employer finally fills you in on the details. "The location you will be surveying is in the jungles of the Q'barran peninsula, to the south of the great volcano of Haka'torvhak. From Adderport, you will have a five-day trek inland to the site of the Temple of Kha'shazul. This temple is your destination and the site of the relics you seek."

"The temple is now used by a tribe of lizardfolk worshipers of some half-fiend dragon god. From what I understand, they demand tribute from other lizardfolk tribes in the region, so I would expect them to be armed and capable. However, the temple and it's inhabitants are merely an obstacle."

"I believe that the Temple of Kha'shazul hides a deeper secret, one unknown to even the current inhabitants. My research indicates the temple occupies a place where an ancient demon was cast down. Such places were guarded, in legend, by half-dragon beasts. Somewhere beneath that temple, I believe that the crypt of one such ancient creature lies, along with relics of that time."

"The object that I primarily seek should be an orb, about a foot to a foot and a half across. It will likely be stone, but possibly metal, and will probably be marked in the ancient infernal tongue. It is an object of religious significance and key to understanding the culture of the Age of Demons. Anything else that you find dating back to that era will be of great help in deciphering the signifcance of the artifact."

After five uneventful days of sea travel, you reach the shores of Q'barra. Stepping off the deck of the Swiftwind onto the docks of Adderport, you can't help but wonder why anyone would want to live here. The air of the tropical penninsula is hot and humid, and you begin to sweat almost immediately once you are out of the cool ocean breeze. Biting flys and mosquitos abound. The buildings look as though they wish they had seen better days and the dirt streets are muddy and rutted.

After some small negotiations with one of the local traders by Sur'kil, you soon find yourself in possession of a pair of ill tempered mules, loaded with tents and two weeks worth of food and supplies. Sur'kill hands one of you a map, indicating the appropriate trails and landmarks needed to find the temple, as well as a small box containing six vials of antitoxin and a pair of polished blue-gray stones.

"The antitoxin is there in case you run into the local inhabitants." He says with a wink. Pointing to the stones, he continues. "Use one of the sending stones to contact me once you find any relics. I would like to know as soon as the expedition is successful."

((If there were any further questions for Sur'kil or anything you wanted to do while on the voyage, feel free to post them. I just cut to the arrival to save time.))

thevorpalbunny
2008-07-30, 05:48 PM
Kabe
(At the meeting earlier, replying to T'Mere)
"You also? I suspected you might have some knowledge of it from,as you said, your peculiarity, but I did not think it wise to assume. We shall have to compare notes on the ride. I'm sure our companions would be bored."
(At the station)
Noticing the holy symbol, Kabe's expression shows distaste.
He thinks to himself, Hope this Flamer isn't a zealot like most. They always seem to object to productive use of shadows.

Wiz
2008-07-30, 08:05 PM
Will

On the trip, Will introduces himself to Pax. "So you follow the silver flame, are you a priest or healer?"

Lochar
2008-07-30, 08:22 PM
((T'Mere is my character, not Gimli's))

Kyeudo
2008-07-30, 10:18 PM
Kabe
(At the meeting earlier, replying to T'Mere)
"You also? I suspected you might have some knowledge of it from,as you said, your peculiarity, but I did not think it wise to assume. We shall have to compare notes on the ride. I'm sure our companions would be bored."

I think this is the only part of the post directed towards T'Mere. The other half was directed towards Pax.

Waspinator
2008-07-31, 12:47 AM
Belamros takes the map and box and bows.

"Thank you for your preperations."

"Anyway, everything sounds straightforward enough to me. If nothing else, even though they aren't directly related to our goal, it sounds like these lizardfolk would be worth investigating and dealing with. If there are no objections, I say that we should get on our way. I will take the lead, if no one else wants to."

Lochar
2008-07-31, 06:29 AM
Kyuedo:
Actually, Wiz's post was talking to T'Mere for a bit. He edited it before you saw, I guess.

Wiz
2008-07-31, 09:51 AM
Will

Will looks confused, "Lead in what sense? When we get to the ruins, I should take point."

Waspinator
2008-07-31, 01:10 PM
"If you think so, I will defer to you. Please show us the way."

Belamros hands Will the map.

Wiz
2008-07-31, 01:45 PM
Will

Will smiles, "I mean, I'm the trap guy. That's all. If you want to lead us to the ruins, that's fine. I should just take point as we move in and underground... you never know what's been set down to guard whatever is there."

Qualia
2008-08-01, 10:40 AM
Balen

"Sur'kil, I wonder if I could hold of some native dress. I find it much easier to blend in if I look the part."

Kyeudo
2008-08-02, 05:14 PM
"Native dress for most lizard folk is practically naked. I'm sure you can manage that if you need to."

((Assuming there are no further questions or arrangements in Adderport, on with the trip.))

Somehow, once you get into the jungle, it gets hotter, more humid, and the number of parasites trying to eat you alive seem to double. After a few days hiking down rugged trails that only deserve to be called such in comparison to the rest of the jungle, you start to wonder if maybe you should have haggled for a higher fee.

Four days after you left Adderport, as you turn yet another corner along the overgrown trail, you suddenly come across a well-armed lizardfolk standing somewhat surprised in the middle of the path. He eyes you warily as he motions to another half-dozen lizardfolk behind him.

Waspinator
2008-08-03, 12:50 AM
The rest of the party suddenly hears a voice in their heads, saying "This is Belamros. I'll explain the telepathy later, but for now we just need to not give away our plans. How do you think we should handle this group of lizardfolk?"

Psicrystals with built-in telepathy are a wonderful thing

Qualia
2008-08-03, 04:03 AM
Baleen

(via telepathy)

"Let me talk to them, I can try and bluff our way past, or at least gain their attention."

Waspinator
2008-08-03, 03:53 PM
Belamros looks at Balen and nods his head.

Qualia
2008-08-04, 06:41 PM
Balen

Balen takes a step forward, hands empty and a smile on his face. He calls out in draconic, the harsh syllables striking a discordent note with his appearance.

"May your scales never tarnish and your power ever grow. I am Graz'zt, and I am on a holy quest. Which tribe do I have the honour of addressing?"

Diplomacy check [roll0]

Wiz
2008-08-04, 09:07 PM
Will

Will stands toward the back, watching and making no sudden or suspicious moves.

Kyeudo
2008-08-04, 09:29 PM
Hearing Balen's words, the lizardfolk react in an unexpected manner. They start to smile, revealing mouths full of sharp, needle-like teeth. A few even start to laugh, a strange burst of short hissing noises. The apparent leader, an older lizardfolk with greying skin, lowers his spear. Still grinning widely, he speaks Draconic in a gutteral, growling tone. "You talk with an unusual accent, stranger. You speak to Krustach of the Cold Sun tribes. What brings you this far from your lands?"

Qualia
2008-08-05, 05:10 AM
Balen

Balen bows his head and continues to talk.

"You must forgive my strange accent, Krustach of the Cold Sun tribe, for I learned the dragon's tongue in a dream. It was in this same dream that a holy quest was laid upon me. I am journying into the jungles as a pilgrim, seeking an ancient temple, guided by my dreams. I would be in your debt if you could confirm that I am on the right track.."

Kyeudo
2008-08-05, 12:28 PM
"You sound almost like one of those Flamer missionaries that keep bothering us. If you are looking for the Temple of Kha'shazul, you are only a day's journey away. I would not go there without good reason if I were you. More trouble than it's worth." The lizardfolk stops smiling at the mention of the temple.

Qualia
2008-08-05, 12:37 PM
Balen

"I'm not here to convert anyone, except perhaps myself. What kind of trouble can I expect to find there? A rival tribe? Perhaps we can help each other in this?"

Kyeudo
2008-08-05, 12:56 PM
"The temple is claimed by the blackscales. They 'accept' tribute from the other tribes." The way Krustach gives the word for 'accept' a slight hiss marks it as sarcastic.

GimliFett
2008-08-05, 01:21 PM
Pax

{in response to Will's question (hope this's okay and I apologize for the delays:}

Pax faces Will and smiles. "I can heal, and I can perform services, but mostly I am a missionary. A beacon to show others the way, the truth and the life through the Silver Flame."

Kyeudo:Pax would have subtly checked his companions for evil at some point during the trip.

^*^*^*^
{back to present}

Pax shifts slightly at the lizardfolk's mention of missionaries, but he allows the conversation to unfold without interruption.

Alas that some of my brethren feel the need to push our faith on others instead of merely showing the way and being open to discussion. he thinks sadly.

Kyeudo
2008-08-05, 01:33 PM
Pax:

None of your companions registers on Detect Evil.

Qualia
2008-08-05, 01:35 PM
Balen

"Perhaps there is some 'gift' you would like us to give them? Is there a particular blackscale" Balen almost spits the word "whom we should give this 'gift' to?"

Kyeudo
2008-08-05, 01:53 PM
"We want nothing to do with the blackscales. They are trouble alive or dead. While they breathe, they take from us our possessions and our tribal spear. If they die, the gods will be angry."

GimliFett
2008-08-05, 02:01 PM
Kyeudo:Didn't really expect them to, but he'd check, regardless. It was what he did for a good while, after all. :smalltongue: Old habits die hard and all that junk.

Qualia
2008-08-05, 02:41 PM
Balen

Balen's tone turns accusatory, as he steps foward, growing slightly in height as his skin begins to take on a green hue, with scales starting to appear where once there was flesh. The black in his eyes starts to spread, devouring first the blue, then the white until all that is left are two shining black orbs, like twin cold suns.

"Then why do you not subdue them and put them in their place? Why do you cower in their shadow? Are you not the Cold Sun? The rightful masters of these jungles? Cast them down and raise your spears to the gods Krustach. Join us and ascend to your rightful place as masters of all the tribes."

I don't know if you want some kind of roll here, let me know if you do.

Kyeudo
2008-08-05, 03:36 PM
"You have obviously never met a blackscale before, changeling. The Cold Sun may outnumber the blackscales, but they are the stronger warriors. Even the gods seem to favor them. The blackscales are very good at reminding us who is in charge." For the first time, you notice that several of the lizardfolk bear ragged red slashes across their scaly green skin. The wounds, though not very serious or very large, look fairly fresh, having not yet started to heal.

Qualia
2008-08-05, 04:58 PM
Balen

"That time is past Krustach. I am the herald of a new dawn, a new era for the Cold Sun tribe. Now is the time to join with us, and tear down the banner of the Blackscales. The gods have withdrawn their favour from them, that much has been clear from my visions. I have seen the future Krustach, and it is your banner which will hang from Kha'shazul, if you will only have the courage to hang it there."

Kyeudo
2008-08-05, 05:46 PM
((Rolled the Bluff check for you. Balen got a 2.))

The lizardman's eyes narrow. "Do you take us for fools, changeling? Our gods do not speak to outsiders."

If anyone who speaks Draconic wants to roll a Knowledge (Religion) check, now would be a good time.

Wiz
2008-08-05, 06:09 PM
Will

Watches the byplay and notes that the lizardman seems a bit upset now. He still refrains from any actions yet.

Qualia
2008-08-05, 06:10 PM
Balen

Knowledge: Religion - [roll0]
Sense Motive - [roll1]

(via telepathy)
"I think things may start to get ugly."

Kyeudo
2008-08-05, 06:16 PM
((Nada on Balen's skill checks.))

Qualia
2008-08-05, 06:28 PM
Balen

(May as well go the whole hog if the bluff failed :)

"I take you for cowards! Snivelling worms who fear the Blackscales. Who are you to say who the gods may speak to?"

He jabs an accusatory finger towards Krustach.

"I was wrong to think that you were the one to lead your tribe to victory. You will lead them to nothing but defeat. I come here offering you greatness, and you flee from it. You are worse than a kobold."

Balen spits at the floor in disgust.

"Get out of my sight you worthless dog, least I cut your unworthy heart out of your chest. Go and hide in your cave and pray that you live to serve another day. Go I say"

Let's try a little intimidate (though it may be far too late for that :) [roll0]

Kyeudo
2008-08-05, 06:42 PM
After listening to Balen's outburst, Krustach nods once, then turns to the nearest other party member and begins to speak in halting Common. "Your friend not right in head. You travel much with crazy?"

Lochar
2008-08-05, 06:55 PM
T'Mere

T'Mere smiles at the lizard man, speaking slowing and enunciating his words clearly. "He's not usually this bad, but he is a good bodyguard, which is why we humor him."

Kyeudo
2008-08-05, 06:59 PM
"Me suggest not let him talk. Him get self in big trouble fast."

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-05, 07:01 PM
Kabe
Kabe steps forward and replies in Draconic.
"Sorry, we hadn't noticed before. We've only known him for a few days. But regardless of their power, we do need to enter blackscale lands."

Kyeudo
2008-08-05, 07:09 PM
Krustach seems more comfortable speaking in Draconic. "Then I feel sorry for you. Blackscales hate outsiders more than they hate most things."

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-05, 07:48 PM
Kabe

"Could you give us any advice, since we are set on it? Also, will we be in danger from your clan while we cross your lands? We mean no harm."

Well, not to them, at least. . . I suspect our encounters with the blackscales will be less than friendly.

Kyeudo
2008-08-05, 08:02 PM
"The blackscales are allied with the poison dusk lizardfolk. They may well see you before you see them and they do not like outsiders trespassing on their holy lands. Even if you get past them, the Children of Rhashaak may not approve. To fight the gods is hopeless." The lizard folk continues. "My tribe will not bother you, but I can not speak for the other Cold Sun tribes. This is blackscale land, so you should have nothing to fear from others of my kind unless you range far from here. We must continue our journey home now, before the thieving blackscales decide they want our huts as well. May the gods have mercy upon you."

If anyone has Knowledge(Geography), feel free to roll a check.

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-05, 08:18 PM
"Our thanks, and good fortune."

Kabe repeats the conversation in Common to his companions, then asks
"What in Khyber did you think you were doing, Balen? You had him -- me, too, for that matter -- convinced you were an insane imbecile! Outsiders do not whip people into a holy war with one conversation, no matter how discontented they may be."

Waspinator
2008-08-05, 11:06 PM
"By the way, I believe I owe you all an explanation."
A small crystal with tiny, spider-like legs crawls out of Belamros' pocket and onto his shoulder.
"This is my psicrystal. It allows me to communicate telepathically with any intelligent creature. If you wish to try a bluff like that again, you may want my aid. I have found that a sudden voice in your head is often a very persuasive thing."

Wiz
2008-08-06, 01:23 AM
Will

Will looks thoughtful, "Well, so we know the tribes around the temple are hostile?"

Qualia
2008-08-06, 05:23 AM
Balen

The changeling turns to Kabe as his face returns to a more human seeming.

"What was I doing? I was talking to him. While you may not be able to start a war with a single conversation, other people are not so fortunate."
Balen sighs.
"I think that went well, all in all. We confirmed the location of the temple and learnt the local political situation. By the way, how many of us speak draconic? It could prove most useful in future."
He turns to Belamros
"Thanks for the offer of the psicrystal, that could prove most useful in future."

Waspinator
2008-08-06, 09:17 PM
"Just let me know if you need any messages sent. So, shall we continue onwards?"

Kyeudo
2008-08-06, 09:51 PM
((I assume everyone's done berating the changeling, so I'll continue.))

After another misrable day trekking through the Q'barran jungle, your map indicates you should be close to the Temple of Kha'shazul. Ahead, the trail grows noticably wider, and is mostly clear of debris and undergrowth.

Here's where things start to get interesting, so I'll need to know how you want the marching order to go and any special preparations you take.

Wiz
2008-08-07, 11:47 AM
Will

Will looks at the others, "I should take point from here... this is what I do... find traps, spot ambushes."

GimliFett
2008-08-07, 11:59 AM
Pax

The cleric nods, glad for the billionth time that day that he had cast endure elements on himself in the steaming jungle. "A sound plan, since it is, as you say, what you do," Pax smiles at Will.

"I will continue to protect our rear flank," he says as he nocks an arrow to his longbow.

Qualia
2008-08-07, 12:06 PM
Balen

The changeling drops Beguiling Influence and raises Entropic Warding (entropic shield, pass without trace, no scent tracking). He moves into the middle of the group.

Waspinator
2008-08-07, 12:31 PM
Belamros says to Will, "I will follow right behind. You never know when we might have a problem that needs dealing with...."

He steps towards the front of the group, growing claws as he does so.

Used a 5 PP Claws of the Beast, 9 PP left

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-07, 02:38 PM
Kabe steps back into the center of the group. As they walk, he scans the path around them, but he is not looking closely.
He'll be taking 10 on Spot and Listen, for total 19

Kyeudo
2008-08-07, 08:05 PM
You continue forward, your eyes scan the jungle for signs of danger, though the dense foliage gibes would-be opponents any number of places to hide. Suddenly, a flash of movement in the undergrowth catches your eye. A short humanoid, nearly perfectly blended in with the vegetation, nocks an arrow and raises a bow against you.

((Best case scenario happened. Will rolled a Nat 20.))

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/Kyeudo/JungleAttack.jpg

Locations:

Lizardfolk1: C6
Lizardfolk2: F11
Lizardfolk3: I3
Will: J7 (Assuming he took a short lead on the group. Otherwise L7)
Belamros: M7
Kaberon: N6
Balen: O6
T'Mere: P5
Pax: Q5

Inititives:

Lizardfolk1:[roll0]
Lizardfolk2:[roll1]
Lizardfolk3:[roll2]
Will:[roll3]
Belamros:[roll4]
Kaberon:[roll5]
Balen:[roll6]
T'Mere:[roll7]
Pax:[roll8]

Initive Order:

Balen
Lizardfolk3
Pax
Belamros
Lizardfolk2
Will
Lizardfolk1
T'Mere
Kaberon

((Remember, no need to post in order. This is just for me to adjudicate how things play out.))

Wiz
2008-08-08, 12:23 AM
Will

Will shouts, "Ambush!" and drops, crawling toward tree J3 hoping that the taller, jungle vegetation will give him some cover as he moves to the edge of the path.

Waspinator
2008-08-08, 01:09 AM
"And hear I thought this was going to be a boring trip!"

Belamros concentrates for a moment, creating a humming noise and a brief shimmer in front of him. He then runs towards the nearest lizardfolk, claws at the ready.

Using Force Screen and then I want to get as close to the I3 Lizardfolk as I can. I'll have to smack him next turn. I can't charge through the jungle, can I?

Qualia
2008-08-08, 03:09 AM
Balen

The changeling shouts out in draconic

"Lower your bows and you may live to see another dawn."

Intimidate check [roll0]

Otherwise holding my ground and my action. If any shoot, (hope my entropic shield holds and) respond with an eldritch bolt.

Attack Roll [roll]1d20+6[roll]
Damage [roll1]

(+1 to each if within 30')

Qualia
2008-08-08, 03:11 AM
:smalleek: let's try that attack roll again :smalleek:

Attack roll [roll0]

+1 if within 30' feet

Kyeudo
2008-08-08, 08:26 AM
Sorry, but that intimidate check fails by default.

Demoralize Opponent
You can also use Intimidate to weaken an opponent’s resolve in combat. To do so, make an Intimidate check opposed by the target’s modified level check (see above). If you win, the target becomes shaken for 1 round. A shaken character takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls, ability checks, and saving throws. You can intimidate only an opponent that you threaten in melee combat and that can see you.

GimliFett
2008-08-08, 08:28 AM
Pax

The priest moves to stand at Balen's right. Raising his holy symbol high, Pax boldly intones a blessing upon he and his companions. "May the Flame protect and bless us in our endeavors!"

Immediate Action - Activate Protection Devotion: +3 AC for 1 minute (10 rounds).
Cast Bless: +1 attacks and saves v. fear (10 rounds).
Move to O7.
Last edit, PROMISE!

Lochar
2008-08-08, 08:42 AM
DM:
I think he was trying to just intimidate them into giving up, not to weaken their melee ability.

T'Mere

T'Mere speaks in the language of shadows, and his own shadow twitches in response. "Darkness of ice, shadows that chill the soul. I call upon the black fire!"

Black Fire. Range, 35', 5 squares of black fire. Put it in a plus symbol on the closest enemy. Deals [roll0] cold damage to anyone in the squares or passing through them for the next five rounds. Reflex DC 15 negates.

I can't see the map at work, so if you would move me appropriately to cast but stay on the trail.

Qualia
2008-08-08, 08:43 AM
For Kyeudo

Thanks for clearing up the intimidate rules, I won't try that kind of action again. The offer to surrender stands :)

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-09, 04:19 PM
Kabe

Kabe moves forward along the path and through the jungle. As he moves close to the lizardfolk, he growls in Draconic "Say 'Hello' to The Shadow for me." and sprouts a dark arrow from his hand.

Move to I5 through J6.
Cast arrow of dusk. Ranged touch attack for 2d4 nonlethal, x3 crit
[roll0]
[roll1]

Kyeudo
2008-08-09, 07:14 PM
As a Lizardfolk fires its longbow at Will, Balen counterattacks with a bolt of eldritch energy (Concealment:[roll0]), searing the creature's scaly skin. Dispite the nasty wound, it fires off a second shot.

Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

Attack:[roll3]
Damage:[roll4]

Pax invokes the protection of his god, bolstering the entire party, before moving to O7.

Belamros shapes a shield from telekinetic force and plunges into the jungle, reaching J4.

Another Lizardfolk fires upon Kaberon, taking advantage of the clear shot it's been given, but misses.

Attack:[roll5]
Damage:[roll6]

Will, wounded, drops prone and crawls to J6.

The last lizardfolk looses two arrows at Belamros in rapid succession. One arrow glances off his psionic barrier while the other embeds itself in a tree.

Attack:[roll7]
Concealment:[roll8]
Damage:[roll9]

Attack:[roll10]
Concealment:[roll11]
Damage:[roll12]

T'Mere moves to N7 and, with but a few words and a gesture, causes a splash of the jungle to errupt in black, chilling flames. (I2-I4 and H3-J3 are covered) The lizardfolk (in I3), already wounded by Balen, goes down.

Kaberon moves to J9 and hurls a bolt of shadow at the nearest lizardfolk. The bolt impacts on a tree trunk and shatters before dissolving into smoke.

((Will needs to make 2 Fortitude Saves.))

Kyeudo
2008-08-10, 06:55 PM
((I'll just roll Will's saves to save time.))

Fort1:[roll0]
Fort2:[roll1]

Kyeudo
2008-08-10, 06:57 PM
((Ouch.))

Will feels weakened and dizzy as the poison on the Lizardfolk's arrows begins to seep into his bloodstream.

Strength Damage:[roll0]

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-10, 09:00 PM
Kabe

I'd like to move to H8 instead of J9. It's far closer to the nearest lizardfolk and (though I'm biased) I think Kabe would stick to the path as long as possible anyway.
Also, if Kabe's going to be hit, he'll use an immediate action to use Shadow Skin, granting him DR 10/magic for one round
"We should take a prisoner if we can. Dead lizards tell no tales."
Kabe moves into the jungle toward the nearest lizardfolk, reaching out to touch him. A wave of darkness spreads from Kabe's fingers, weighing down and weakening the lizard everywhere it touches him.

Move to F10 and use Life Fades on the lizardfolk there. Touch attack for 5d6 nonlethal and a DC 13 Will save to resist fatigue for 5 rounds.
[roll0]
[roll1]
If that doesn't work because I can't reach him, use Killing Shadows: 30ft cone of 5d8 damage, DC 15 Will save for half.
[roll2]
If that lizard is dead, advance and use arrow of dusk on the remaining lizardfolk to try to take him alive.
Touch attack: [roll3]
[roll4] nonlethal damage.

Qualia
2008-08-11, 04:02 AM
Balen

The changeling shouts out in draconic. "Krustach, work your way around and encircle them. We have them occupied."

Bluff check [roll0]

He then makes his way forward along the path towards Will, letting off another Eldritch Blast, this time towards the lizardman at F11.

Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Concealment [roll3]

Wiz
2008-08-11, 12:07 PM
Will

Will lies on the ground in the limited shelter of the jungle's edge. He fumbles for an antitoxin and quaffs it against the possibility of further arrows. He calls out weakly, "Man down here, and watch the arrows... they are poisoned."

Waspinator
2008-08-12, 11:48 AM
Belamros grumbles to himself something about kill-stealing. He then runs back onto the trail and then straight north, towards the other lizardfolk.

Lochar
2008-08-12, 11:54 AM
T'Mere

T'Mere doesn't bother with the fire still frozen, the lizard's blood stopped in it's veins.

He moves again, and points to lizard still standing. "I beckon you to sleep, for it shall be your last respite." The shadows bend around T'Mere's hand, drawing away light before firing off.

Arrow of Dusk.
Ranged Touch: [roll0]
Nonlethal damage: [roll1]
CC: [roll2]
Crit is x3.

GimliFett
2008-08-12, 12:34 PM
Pax

The cleric raises his bow and lets an arrow fly at the farthest lizardfolk archer. "Violence begets the same upon the perpetrator," Pax says quietly. After firing, he steps into the jungle to his right to gain additional protection as he nocks another arrow.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Protection Devotion: +3 AC for 1 minute (9 rounds).
Cast Bless: +1 attacks and saves v. fear (9 rounds).
Move to O7.

Kyeudo
2008-08-12, 01:11 PM
Balen moves to K6 and lets loose a blast of eldritch energy. The blast carves through the foliage to strike the lizardfolk soundly.

Pax's arrow finds it's mark before he steps into the jungle.

Belamros quickly reaches D6, putting the last lizardfolk within his reach.

Badly wounded, the second Lizardfolk pulls a rope attached to a length of hollow reed. With a flick of its wrist, it spins the rope, causing a flute-like whistling to echo through the jungle.

Will downs a vial of antitoxin, crippled by poisoned arrows.

Lizardfolk1, threatened by Belamros, withdraws, moving through the jungle and across the path to D13.

T'Mere's bolt of shadow splatters on the trunk of a small tree, sending chips of wood everywhere.

Kaberon reaches out to touch the wounded lizardfolk, but the creature dodges away, avoiding his grasp.

GimliFett
2008-08-12, 01:17 PM
Pax

Pax moves towards the fallen scout, slinging his bow over his back and drawing a scroll from his pack. "I am on my way, Will!" he calls out.

Protection Devotion: +3 AC for 1 minute (8 rounds).
Cast Bless: +1 attacks and saves v. fear (8 rounds).
Move to O7.

Qualia
2008-08-12, 02:03 PM
Balen

"Sounds like everyone knows we're coming now. How many of them are left?"

Kyeudo
2008-08-12, 03:10 PM
((There are still 2 lizardfolk, 1 wounded, 1 not))

Qualia
2008-08-13, 05:04 AM
Balen

The changeling continues moving forward, and fires off another eldritch blast at the furthest lizardman.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Concealment [roll2]

Waspinator
2008-08-13, 10:15 PM
"You're not getting away that easily!"

Belamros charges after the fleeing lizardfolk, trying to attack with his claws if he can.

Please tell me that not all of the fights are going to be in this slowing jungle terrain....

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-14, 08:30 AM
Kabe

(OOC: If Belamros can't reach the fleeing lizard, then:)
"I'll get this one, Belamros."
With a few words, Kabe calls shadowy fire up around the fleeing lizardfolk
Black Fire, in a cross pattern with the lizardfolk in the nearest part of the cross, such that to flee from Belamros he'd have to move through the fire.

(OOC: If Belamros can reach him)
Kabe moves back toward the northern lizardfolk and throws another shadowy arrow.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Lochar
2008-08-14, 08:43 AM
T'Mere

T'Mere watches the lizard, only sending another shadowy arrow if Kabe isn't able to finish it off.

Ranged Touch: [roll0]
D: [roll1]
CC: [roll2]
CD: x3

Kyeudo
2008-08-14, 01:57 PM
Balen's eldritch blast slams the lizardfolk backwards, leaving it sprawled across the ground. A thin trickle of blood flows from the corner of it's mouth.

Pax moves to K7 to aid Will, withdrawing a scroll from his pack.

Belamros barrels after the last of the lizardfolk to D12, easily closing with the lizardfolk once more.

Will is unable to do anything, in too much pain to act.
((Sorry Wiz, but I want to keep things moving.))

The remaining lizardfolk, confronted once more with Belamros, lashes out at the armored warrior with its claws before rushing away to H13.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Concealment:[roll2]
((Belamros gets an AoO))

Kaberon causes a wall of black flames to surge in front of the fleeing lizardfolk with a wave of his hand.
Damage:[roll3] ((Flames cover H13-I13 and G12-I12))

T'Mere delays a moment to see the results of Kabe's efforts before lauching another bolt of shadow. This one fairs no better than the others, shattering upon the jungle foliage.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/Kyeudo/JungleAttack.jpg

Locations:

Lizardfolk1: H13
Will: J6
Belamros: D12
Kaberon: F10
Balen: K6
T'Mere: N7
Pax: K7

Initive Order:

Balen
Pax
Belamros
Will
Lizardfolk1
Kaberon
T'Mere

GimliFett
2008-08-14, 02:19 PM
Pax

Kneeling beside Will, Pax recites the scroll, infusing new energy into the poisoned scout. "This should help, my friend," he says calmly as he starts to mutter words of power and gesture in various patterns.

Lesser Restoration: [roll0]
Protection Devotion: +3 AC for 1 minute (7 rounds).
Cast Bless: +1 attacks and saves v. fear (7 rounds).

GimliFett
2008-08-14, 02:21 PM
Pax
What the?
Lesser Restoration: [roll0]

Qualia
2008-08-14, 02:43 PM
Balen

Seeing the last lizardman trapped by a wall of black flames, Balen lets loose with another Eldritch Blast, whilst standing guard over Pax and Will.

"Is Will going to make it?"

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Concealment [roll2]

GimliFett
2008-08-14, 02:48 PM
Pax

The cleric nods affirmation but does not otherwise reply as he continues to recite the spell.

Wiz
2008-08-15, 12:20 AM
Will

Will looks up and smiles, "I hope this mission doesn't see me looking at you from this angle too often... and thanks!"

Waspinator
2008-08-15, 09:12 PM
Belamros takes a swing at the escaping lizardfolk and if that does not finish it, follows for another attack.

Attack of opportunity:
[roll0]

Attack:
[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-17, 04:12 PM
Kabe

Kabe tosses a second dark arrow at the nearer remaining lizardfolk.

Lochar
2008-08-17, 04:23 PM
T'Mere

Disgusted with the local flora, T'Mere instead moves forward further down the path and gestures, summoning deep shadows around the feet of the lizard.

Carpet of Shadow. Double movement costs, five 5' squares leading in the direction the lizard is running.

Kyeudo
2008-08-17, 05:21 PM
Balen's blast narrowly misses hitting the lizardfolk.

Pax begins casting a spell on Will, devoting his whole concentration to the effort.

Belamros claws the lizardfolk as it fled and pursues after it, reaching G13.

The lizardfolk, caught between Belamros and the shadowy flames, chooses the fire. It withdraws to O13.
Cold Damage:[roll0]

Kaberon's shadow bolt fares no better than the last, shattering harmlessly on the jungle foliage.

T'Mere moves to J7 before dousing a swath of jungle in dark shadows. (Specify which squares you want covered)

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-17, 07:34 PM
Kabe

Kabe makes an annoyed sound and does nothing

(OOC: nothing useful to do without using up my last arrow of dusk. . .)

Lochar
2008-08-17, 07:50 PM
O13 and beyond, whichever way the lizard is running.

Qualia
2008-08-18, 07:52 AM
Balen

"Why's he running back the way we came? Is he trying to distract us from the reinforcements he summoned or is he running towards them? We can't afford to let this go on much longer!"

The changeling unleashes another eldritch blast in a last ditch attempt to stop the fleeing lizardman.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Concealment [roll2]

Wiz
2008-08-19, 02:14 AM
Will

Will lies there and lets the cleric do his work.

Waspinator
2008-08-19, 04:21 AM
"Enough footwork for me..."

If it is still on its feet, Belamros reaches into his haversack, draws his bow, and fires it after the lizardfolk.

Bow attack:
[roll0]

Kyeudo
2008-08-19, 11:37 AM
((T'mere's dark terrain covers O13-S13))

Another of Balen's eldritch blasts connects, further wounding the already battered lizardfolk.

Belamros's arrow fares no better than the shadowy bolts of his comrades.

The lizardfolk moves to O9 and fires at Pax.

((I need a Concentration check and a Fortitude save from Pax.))

GimliFett
2008-08-19, 11:45 AM
Pax HP: 32/32; AC 24; t 14, f 23
Pax steels his concentration to ignore the effects of the lizardfolk's attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Protection Devotion: +3 AC for 1 minute (7 rounds).
Cast Bless: +1 attacks and saves v. fear (7 rounds).

Qualia
2008-08-19, 11:55 AM
Balen

The changeling steps between Pax and the onrushing lizardman, and unleashes another Eldritch Blast.

"He just won't quit, will he?"

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Concealment [roll2]

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-19, 08:41 PM
Kabe

"Shall I slow him down with more shadow terrain? I've a limited arsenal but it's worth it if he could get away otherwise."

Waspinator
2008-08-20, 11:03 PM
Belamros sidesteps to get a clear shot and then fires another arrow.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kyeudo
2008-08-22, 11:56 PM
((Sorry I spaced this game. I was waiting on T'mere, then got busy in real life.))

If you didn't know any better, you would suppose that the jungle actively hates you, as it swallows both Balen's eldritch blast and Belamros's arrow with equal ease.

Pax suffers no immediate effects from the poison and continues to cast the spell.

The lizardfolk scuttles across the path and fires again, this time at Balen.
Concealment:[roll2]

Lochar
2008-08-25, 01:24 PM
T'Mere

T'Mere growls low in his throat, before flinging another dusk arrow.

Move him to wherever he needs to be. :P

A (Ranged Touch):[roll0]
CC: [roll1]
D: [roll2] subdual
CD: [roll3]

Qualia
2008-08-25, 01:34 PM
Balen

Balen lets out a shout as the arrow flies towards him, and fires off another eldritch blast.

"Now I know why I haven't visited a jungle before."

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Concealment [roll2]

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-25, 02:56 PM
Kabe

"Well, it's worth a shot."
He throws another shadowy arrow with an exasperated look on his face.
[roll0] attack
[roll1] nonlethal

Kyeudo
2008-08-25, 06:38 PM
Balen's eldritch blast again misses. The lizardfolk trys to head north towards where the temple should be, but Kaberon's shadow bolt threads its way through the morass of jungle vegetation and connects solidly. The small reptillian goes down, unconcious but still alive.

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-25, 07:21 PM
Kabe
"Good, we can question him. You should probably do this, Balen. Just don't try anything stupid like last time.

Oh, somebody should tie him up. Who's good with ropes?"

Wiz
2008-08-25, 11:51 PM
Will

Will raises his hand, "I can handle rope adequately, once the priest is finished."

Waspinator
2008-08-26, 12:23 AM
While they do that, Belamros starts looking around the other lizardfolk and where they were standing when we first arrived, searching for anything of note.

Kyeudo
2008-08-26, 12:34 AM
A quick search of the bodies and the captive gains you 54 arrows, 6 of which are poisoned, three small masterwork longswords, two small masterwork longbows, one small masterwork composite longbow (+2 Strength bonus), three small masterwork bucklers, three of the lizardfolk's reed whistles, and a jade pendant in the shape of a dragon's fang.

((Oh, and I need two Fort saves from Will and one from Pax for the secondary damage. If Pax wants to down some antitoxin, he can before making the save.))

Qualia
2008-08-26, 02:15 AM
Balen

"I'm happy to chat with him, but I think we should move location before we do that, or at least be quick about it. They've already signalled using those whistles so help could be on the way[. Anything you want to know in particular?"

Balen looks through the hoard of items.

"Anyone mind if I grab one of these whistles?"

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-26, 07:35 AM
"Moving is a good idea. I might take a whistle as well. Also, if we move far, we should blow the whistle several times as though panicked before we go."

Wiz
2008-08-26, 09:33 AM
Will

Will lies there, being treated by the priest. He still feels the poison in his veins and hopes the antitoxin is helping.
Fortitude save: 1d20+7

Wiz
2008-08-26, 09:36 AM
ooc: put my roll in the wrong place, and naturally, once I reedited it it wouldn't allow the roll, so here it is again: Fortitude save: [roll0]

Kyeudo
2008-08-26, 12:04 PM
Pax finished casting the spell in the round the lizardfolk went down.

The whistles are lengths of reed on the end of a short rope. You don't blow them, you twirl them. Different speeds make differently pitched sounds.

Will doesn't suffer any secondary effects from the poison.

Waspinator
2008-08-26, 12:33 PM
"I don't mind. Here, if we're going to change locations, let us go through these items later."

Belamros as much of the loot as he can into his haversack and then throws the uncocious lizardfolk over one shoulder.

"Lead the way!"

Lochar
2008-08-26, 12:37 PM
T'Mere

T'Mere nods and follows. The shadows around him flickering and drawing closer to him as he walks.

Using your new ability to recall Carpet of Shadow, Blackfire, and one use of Arrow of Dusk, for 6 total shadow points.

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-26, 02:57 PM
Kabe

"Balen, give me a hand. It will sound better if we both try this at once."

He takes a whistle and swings it lightly a few times to get the hang of it quietly, then when Balen is ready starts swinging it quickly as hard as he can. After about six seconds of this, he puts the whistle in his pack and gets back to the middle of the group.

You do realize that since it isn't an action you can restore a mystery right before casting it later, right?

Kyeudo
2008-08-26, 03:41 PM
That was the point. The ability equates to bonus spells.

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-26, 04:22 PM
Was just saying that to Lochar's restoration now. I was pretty sure that was your intention.

Kyeudo
2008-08-26, 07:06 PM
((Where do you want to head now? North towards the Temple? South the way you came? East or West into the Jungle?))

Wiz
2008-08-27, 12:44 AM
Will

Will rises, getting out some rope and cutting off a few lengths to tie up the lizard man.

Use an inspiration point for +5 on Rope Use and take 10 (since he is unconcious) - Rope Use check = 20

ooc: How many points of strength were recovered?

Kyeudo
2008-08-27, 12:47 AM
Pax already rolled it. 4.

Waspinator
2008-08-27, 02:13 AM
"Should we try finding a spot off of the path so we are not interrupted?"

Qualia
2008-08-27, 03:19 AM
Balen

"We should probably continue towards the temple. I don't like travelling through the jungle."

Wiz
2008-08-27, 10:44 AM
Will

Will nods, having finished with the lizardman he unstraps his longsword and slides it, in it's sheath into his haversack where it disappears. "I'm still not at full from the poison, but this should allow me to keep up the pace." He takes his position at the front of the party again and begins leading the way toward the temple.

Automatic spot and listen checks going again - Quick Reconnoiter

Waspinator
2008-08-27, 11:14 AM
"So, we're going to approach the rest of the lizardmen while carrying one of their unconscious friends?"

GimliFett
2008-08-27, 11:23 AM
Pax HP: 27/32; AC 24; t 14, f 23
The cleric downs a vial of antitoxin and nods. "I have one more scroll of lesser restoration available, as well as a couple for enhancing strength, which might counter the effects, but only for a short while." Pax pauses a moment, before looking at Balen and Kabe. "If you plan on an interrogation, I can assist with a spell that compels truthfulness. Also, does anyone require healing before we move?"

[roll0]

Protection Devotion: +3 AC for 1 minute (5 rounds).
Cast Bless: +1 attacks and saves v. fear (5 rounds).

Qualia
2008-08-27, 12:01 PM
Balen

The changeling turns to Pax.

"Truth is good - do you a potion or a gift with knives? Of course, sometimes lies can tell you as much as the truth. Given the circumstances, this might not be the time"

He gives a little smile, before turning to Belamros

"We could try bluffing our way past, but if they talk to the lizardman it could blow the scam ... unless any of you are handy with enchantment?"

Balen looks around the group.

"No? Then we should set down once we're clear of here and talk to our friend."

Wiz
2008-08-27, 07:52 PM
Will

Will pauses as the discussion continues as to whether to go forward or interrogate the prisoner. "Torture is one skill I've never been interested in learning, so I can't help too much with interrogation. I could maybe do a charm spell tomorrow."

GimliFett
2008-08-27, 08:35 PM
Pax nods. "I prefer coercion to physically harming the subject, but if they side with evil, and other less invasive means do not work, torture can be necessary." He shrugs as he focuses a moment and lays a healing hand on Will. "Is anyone else injured more than a light scratch?

Protection Devotion: +3 AC for 1 minute (4 rounds).
Cast Bless: +1 attacks and saves v. fear (4 rounds).

Kyeudo
2008-08-30, 12:09 PM
Will

You hear something coming down the path towards you.

Wiz
2008-08-30, 02:55 PM
Will

Will suddenly goes alert, he hisses, "Someone coming down the path...."

GimliFett
2008-08-30, 02:56 PM
Raising his bow and nocking an arrow, Pax looks at Will from the corner of his eye. "They can't be friendly, can they?"

Protection Devotion: +3 AC for 1 minute (3 rounds).
Cast Bless: +1 attacks and saves v. fear (3 rounds).

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-30, 03:17 PM
(OOC: We're still on the path, right?)

Kabe hisses back "This was why I didn't want to stay on the path. I don't know about you, but I'm going into the jungle."

With these words, he moves directly off the path, moving directly toward the nearest large tree.

Wiz
2008-08-30, 05:17 PM
Will

Will steps off the path, if there is time to get behind a tree he will, otherwise he'll take a few steps and hunker down in the jungle and draw his dagger.

Kyeudo
2008-08-30, 06:20 PM
((You guys are still on the path, since you never decided on where to go after using that whistle.))

GimliFett
2008-08-30, 08:14 PM
((You guys are still on the path, since you never decided on where to go after using that whistle.))
OOC: Yeah. The whistles... Brilliant! :smalltongue:

Lochar
2008-08-30, 08:47 PM
T'Mere

T'mere sighs and moves into the brush fifteen feet off the path.

Kyeudo
2008-08-30, 08:50 PM
((If you guys are going to hide in the jungle, I'll need Hide checks from you.))

Lochar
2008-08-30, 09:00 PM
Meh. Hide: [roll0]

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-30, 09:50 PM
The whistles was supposed to be just before we left to go somewhere, to avoid this kind of thing, though that apparently didn't happen.

Just before moving to the forest, Kabe sizes up the party. His gaze settles on Ryger. "Ryger, hold a moment," Kabe steps over to Ryger and touches him on the shoulder. Shadow surrounds him, then fades. "This will give you a bit of an edge hiding. I suspect you can use it better than the others."
He then redirects his attention to the others, "Those who can't hide, move toward the rear. I am fairly adept, and I suspect T'Mere is as well. Ryger should be, with the shadow's aid. You others may not be."

Then he moves to the forest as he said previously.
Hide: [roll0]
EDIT:Actually, that should be 1 lower as I included the shadow-weave bonus and I don't think I'm entitled to it here.

Kyeudo
2008-08-30, 11:57 PM
((Who's Ryger?))

Waspinator
2008-08-31, 04:30 AM
"I am tired of all of this running around. If you want to use stealth to attack, I will be our distraction."

Belamros steps forward and waits on the path for whoever is coming.

Qualia
2008-08-31, 09:40 AM
Balen

I suspect that I am Ryger - it's the name I used to save the character under on Myth-Weavers.

BTW - What was it that you cast/weaved?

Balen lies down on the edge of the path, feigning death whilst gaining as much of an advantage as he can from the shadows.

Bluff [roll0]

Wiz
2008-08-31, 10:33 AM
Will

Will is hiding, as stated before, behind a nearby tree or failing that, crouched in the jungle, dagger drawn.

Will will use cunning knowledge to increase his chance of hiding.
Hiding:[roll0]

thevorpalbunny
2008-08-31, 05:39 PM
((Who's Ryger?))

((Balen. I think his char sheet still says that. . . @Qualia It granted +5 to Hide and Sleight of Hand, called Sight Obscured))

Kabe
"At least move a bit further back so that we will be alongside them when they attack you."

Kyeudo
2008-09-01, 01:41 AM
A black-scaled lizardfolk, nearly nine feet tall and half as wide, rounds a corner of the trail. Seeing Belamros standing in the middle of the path, it bellows a predatory battle cry and charges.

Initive

Lizardfolk:[roll0]
Will:[roll1]
Kaberon:[roll2]
Belamros:[roll3]
Balen:[roll4]
T'Mere:[roll5]
Pax:[roll6]

Lochar
2008-09-01, 07:18 AM
T'Mere

T'Mere sighs quietly to himself and gestures, shadows striking into the eyes of the lizard.

Mesmerizing Shades: Will Save DC: 14 or daze for one round. -1 to attack roll, checks, saves for one round regardless.

thevorpalbunny
2008-09-01, 09:37 AM
Kabe
Kabe mutters some arcane words and flicks a shadow toward the lizard. Parts of his body seep away, turning shadowy.
Use Flesh Fails with Reach Mystery, dealing 4 Strength damage if my ranged touch attack succeeds:

Qualia
2008-09-02, 04:53 AM
Balen

The changeling will lie on the ground, feigning death and looking to catch the lizardman unawares with a blast if I get the chance, but I don't want to fire into a combat.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

GimliFett
2008-09-02, 04:53 PM
As the large lizardfolk charges, Pax looses an arrow, hoping to take advantage of the abilities already activated as long as possible. "Flame guide my aim!" he calls.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
UGH!
Protection Devotion: +3 AC for 1 minute (3 rounds).
Cast Bless: +1 attacks and saves v. fear (3 rounds).

Wiz
2008-09-03, 12:18 AM
Will

Will, seeing the combat is well in hand, slides back through the jungle keeping an eye and ear on the trail to see if anything else is coming this way.

Waspinator
2008-09-03, 08:41 AM
Belamros holds his group and will attack the lizardfolk as it approaches.

So, full-attacking?

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Kyeudo
2008-09-03, 10:27 PM
Pax's arrow bounces off the black lizardfolk's scaly hide without leaving a scratch.

T'Mere's shadows assault the blackscale.
Will Save:[roll0]

Kaberon's shadow takes a wrong turn and gets lost in the foliage.

The lizardfolk stands senseless, overwhelmed by darkness.

Balen's eldritch blast scores a direct hit, scorching already black scales.

Belamros stands ready for the Lizardfolk.

GimliFett
2008-09-04, 10:21 AM
The cleric sighs regretfully and rqpidly draws and fires another arrow.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Protection Devotion: +3 AC for 1 minute (2 rounds).
Cast Bless: +1 attacks and saves v. fear (2 rounds).

Waspinator
2008-09-07, 12:57 AM
Belamros keeps standing between the lizardfolk and the rest of the party, ready to attack it if it approaches.

thevorpalbunny
2008-09-07, 06:47 AM
Kabe

Kabe moves back toward the road, concentrates for just a moment, then throws another shadowy arrow.
Use 1 shadow point for arrow of dusk. 9 shadow points remaining.
In other news, the dice gods hate me. Have I made a single successful roll?

Qualia
2008-09-07, 09:44 AM
Balen

The changeling holds his position, waiting for a chance to get a shot in. He has no wish to fire into a combat and risk hitting an ally.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Kyeudo
2008-09-07, 04:31 PM
This time Pax's arrow punches through the lizardfolk's thick hide.

T'Mere hesitates.

The jungle proves just how much it dislikes shadow magic, eating Kaberon's shadow bolt.

The lizardfolk recovers from the mental assault and charges at Belamros, swinging a massive spiked club.

Balen does not get an opening to fire.

Belamros still stands ready for the Lizardfolk.

Wiz
2008-09-08, 02:32 AM
Will

Will splits his attention on the road, and the fight.

If there's no sign of anyone else coming in the next few seconds, I should probably step in and help finish this guy.

Qualia
2008-09-09, 07:43 AM
Balen

The changeling continues to hold his position, waiting for a chance to get a shot in. He has no wish to fire into a combat and risk hitting an ally.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

GimliFett
2008-09-09, 11:36 AM
Slinging his longbow as he moves forward, Pax draws his mace and shield and readies himself to move in to help Belamros.

I think that'll eat up all of my actions.

These end after next round!
Protection Devotion: +3 AC for 1 minute (1 rounds).
Bless: +1 attacks and saves v. fear (1 rounds).

Waspinator
2008-09-09, 10:42 PM
Belamros attacks the lizardfolk, swinging both claws.

[roll]1d8+4

Waspinator
2008-09-09, 10:43 PM
Trying again:
[roll0]

Kyeudo
2008-09-10, 06:37 PM
Belamros's claws tear through the lizardfolk's scaly hide, dropping the creature quickly.

thevorpalbunny
2008-09-10, 09:33 PM
Kabe
"I suggest we get well off the path before we receive more guests and get to interrogating the original prisoner. Assuming this one's dead already, of course."

Kyeudo
2008-09-10, 09:37 PM
((He's bleeding out, but savable if you want.))

Wiz
2008-09-11, 01:33 AM
Will

Will pops up from the jungle, positioned to look down the path. "Nobody else coming yet. What do you want to do... cut through the jungle?"

Qualia
2008-09-11, 05:43 AM
Balen

"I think we just need to change location. Cutting through the jungle will take time and energy, whilst leaving an easy path to follow. We should just move on, find a clearing, then get to the chatting."

thevorpalbunny
2008-09-11, 01:35 PM
"I'd prefer to go back to a clearing, if we've passed one that was suitable. But as long as we move out of the path enemies would follow to get here, that's fine with me. Avoiding enemies is better than confronting them."

Wiz
2008-09-11, 01:38 PM
Will

Will nods, "That makes sense... unless anyone is opposed, I will lead us back to the last clearing we saw about two miles back."

Lochar
2008-09-11, 01:47 PM
T'Mere

"Agreed. I'd rather not run into a larger number of these lizards."

Kyeudo
2008-09-11, 03:58 PM
You retreat back through the jungle, captive in tow, and find the clearing that Will mentioned.

Wiz
2008-09-11, 05:05 PM
Will

Will goes over to a large tree just off the clearing that should have a clear view of the path in both directions. "I'll keep watch."

Qualia
2008-09-12, 04:18 AM
Balen

The changeling approaches Pax. "What do you need to do to compel truth? Is it a form of potion or some magic? I think that I would like to question him first without the effect, then again after it has been applied to see which lies he will tell."

GimliFett
2008-09-12, 10:09 AM
The priest nods. "It is a spell that covers a specific area and affects all within it. And they know it is affecting them. Do you still wish to proceed as you stated? A moment, please," Pax pauses to look at the captive, focusing intently.

Detect Evil on our new friend. :smallbiggrin:

Wiz
2008-09-12, 10:39 AM
Will

Will climbs the tree and hides in its branches, watching both ways on the path.

Climb: [roll0], Hide: [roll1]

Qualia
2008-09-12, 10:44 AM
Balen

Balen flashes a smile towards the priest.

"Sure - I've got nothing to hide."

He turns to the lizardfolk and walks towards him.

He begins to speak in halting draconic "Can I get/obtain you a drink/water/liquid or something to eat/food/prey? How are your wounds/injuries?"

Kyeudo
2008-09-12, 12:32 PM
The lizardfolk registers as faintly evil.

The lizardfolk spits in Balen's face.

Qualia
2008-09-12, 03:46 PM
Balen

Wiping the spittle from his face, Balen pulls out a bottle of wine and takes a swig, savouring the taste. He takes a seat opposite the lizardman, and begins to speak, this time a little more fluently.

"There's no need for that my friend. Answer my questions and you can return to your tribe and bury your dead. Now, to business - why did you and your friends attacked us?"

Kyeudo
2008-09-12, 03:52 PM
"I am no friend of yourss, ssoftskin. You defile ssacred ground. My kinfolk will feasst on your liver."

Qualia
2008-09-12, 05:32 PM
Balen

The changeling seems taken aback

"Sacred ground you say, I had no idea. We have no wish to offend the gods - to whom is this ground sacred? We should make amends. How far does this sacred ground extend, we will clearly have to plot a path around it."

Kyeudo
2008-09-12, 06:03 PM
"That ssoftskins walk the jungless iss an affront to the Great Dragon and hiss children. That you are thiss close to the temple is ssacrilege. Your livess are forfeit." The lizardfolk, though small, glowers at you, a mixture of arrogance and indignation burning in his reptilian eyes.

Waspinator
2008-09-13, 07:03 PM
"I suspect that this kind of reaction is going to only become more common as we approach the temple. Unfortunately, unless we turn back, I don't think there is anything that can be done about it."

Qualia
2008-09-15, 04:47 AM
Balen

The changeling smiles

"You know, if you want to keep an area clear, you need to put up some signs. Which tribe are you that you serve this crawling lizard?"

Kyeudo
2008-09-15, 11:59 AM
"You'll meet them ssoon, blassphemer. The Poison Dussk tribe will hang your ssoftskin corpse from the treess as a warning."

GimliFett
2008-09-15, 12:01 PM
Pax shakes his head. "Enough of this. Bind and gag him and drag him along! We waist time waiting on his friends to find us!" He holds his longbow readied, an arrow nocked as he keeps an eye to the surrounding forest. "He won't give us anything useful, spell or no!"

Qualia
2008-09-16, 04:08 AM
Balen

He turns to Pax, switching to common. "Nonsense, we know his tribe and that they think this is holy ground. Anyone we meet from his tribe is going to want to kill us. Of course, that's probably all we need to know from him. I have to ask why we want to bring him along with us - that seems a recipe for disaster. He'll only slow us down. I think we should just leave him here."

Wiz
2008-09-16, 07:31 AM
Will

In his treetop perch, Will can hear most of what is going on below, but he continues scanning for any sign that anyone is coming.

GimliFett
2008-09-16, 10:15 AM
Pax looks at Balen. "Where other scouts can find him?" He shakes his head again. "Find out how highly he regards his own life. If he cooperates, he lives. Otherwise..." the cleric shrugs.

Qualia
2008-09-16, 02:18 PM
Balen

Balen turns to the lizardman and returns to fluent draconic

"My friend thinks you're more trouble alive than dead, but I'd rather not kill you. If you're willing to co-operate, I'm sure I can persuade him otherwise, and you can return to your tribe and temple once all this ... unpleasantness ... is over. Are you willing to co-operate?"

Diplomacy check [roll0]

Kyeudo
2008-09-18, 05:40 PM
((Sorry to disappear on you guys. This somehow got lost in my subscriptions.))

The small lizardfolk rages at you, spitting out every word like a curse. "Never, ssoftskin! I would rather die than betray my tribe!"

Waspinator
2008-09-19, 02:14 AM
Belamros gestures at the lizardfolk with his claws while saying,

"Well, should I accept his proposal? I have no desire to waste time with this kind of evil."

Qualia
2008-09-19, 03:29 AM
Balen

"If that's your choice, then who am I to stand in your way. Do you have a prefered method?"

Wiz
2008-09-19, 10:08 AM
Will

Will glances down from the tree as he overhears them planning to execute the lizard man. He shrugs at the latter's zealotry and goes back to his watching.

Kyeudo
2008-09-19, 04:23 PM
Balen

"If that's your choice, then who am I to stand in your way. Do you have a prefered method?"

"Why don't you jusst bite me, ssoftskin? Oh, wait. I forgot you are toothlesss ass well ass pathetic."

Waspinator
2008-09-21, 03:21 AM
"We may be toothless, but that doesn't mean we've lost our edge."

With one smooth motion, Belamros stabs the lizardfolk in the chest.

Damage is [roll0]
Should be double due to coup de grace.

Kyeudo
2008-09-21, 02:32 PM
The lizardfolk dies quickly, but not before coughing out one last curse. "May the Children of Rhashaak gnaw on your bones."

Qualia
2008-09-22, 03:55 AM
Balen

The changeling takes a few minutes to lay out the lizardman, closing his eyes and covering him with some large palm leaves. "Does anyone want to say any last words?"

Wiz
2008-09-22, 01:41 PM
Will

Will climbs down out of the tree. He looks at where the dead lizardman lies. "We lived, you died. So far, I'm not impressed." He looks up at the others, "What next?"

Waspinator
2008-09-24, 03:05 PM
"Good question. To the temple?"

thevorpalbunny
2008-09-24, 04:36 PM
Kabe
"Sounds fine. Back by the same way?
Speaking of that, did anyone bother to check the big lizard for valuables?"

Qualia
2008-09-25, 04:54 AM
Balen

The changeling turns to Kabe, flashing him a smile. "Well I was hoping that someone checked him for weapons when we tied him up, and that search should haave turned up any valuables. If we didn't, then we should probably do so next time we tie someone up."

Wiz
2008-09-25, 10:28 AM
Will

Will shrugs, "Next time I'll search anyone I tie up."