PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player..

Lorn
2008-07-25, 12:32 PM
Right. Recently, I got a new MP3 player to replace my old, broken one.

And I'm having the same problem I have always had with MP3 players.

Soon as I plug it in and have Windows Media Player open, it wants to sync.

I don't want it to though. I want it to plug in, and NOT bring up an annoying popup box.

I don't suppose anyone would know how to stop WMP trying to sync with every single USB device I plug into the computer?

B-Man
2008-07-25, 01:06 PM
There should be an option in said pop-up to disable the automatic synching. It's been a while since I A) had an MP3 player to sync and B) used WMP for listening to music, but WMP used to be my default player. I'm fairly certain that there's an option somewhere to disable that annoying auto-sync thing.

Lorn
2008-07-25, 01:45 PM
All I can get help for or work out how to do is turn it off for one device. I just want the sync thing gone, gone, gone! I never use it, I never use the library.

To be honest, if there was another (free) media player I knew of that I could have a small version of kept on top of all my other windows (at the moment, I use a Windows Media Player skin that fits neatly into the title bar of a window and have the keep on top option checked) I'd use it, as long as I could reassign the Play All thing :/

Vampiric
2008-07-25, 03:45 PM
It might depend on what your MP3 player is...

But there should be an option to not sync. Just cancel it whenever it comes up.

What do you use to transfer music to the player? Do you just drag and drop?

Lorn
2008-07-25, 04:05 PM
Drag and drop from Windows Explorer.

The problem is, though, the fact that WMP seems to want to sync with every single USB device that gets plugged into the computer. I've been looking for a way to turn it off, can't find one. Tempted to take a look into different media players, to be honest, but that'd be complicated.

Vampiric
2008-07-25, 05:21 PM
Plug in the player, then go to the sync tab, click more options, select the player, and click properties. That should get you a menu... maybe it'll help.