PDA

View Full Version : I just got dungeons crawlin fools!

Gamerlord
2008-07-25, 05:51 PM
hooray for me! :smallbiggrin:
Also, which book should i get next? On the orgion of pc?SOD? No cure for the paladin blues?

d'Bwobsling
2008-07-25, 06:06 PM
Personally I'd get Origin of the PC's(I actually spelled it out). No cure for palidin blues is good with the comentary and the bonus strips, but most of it is allready here; and I just thought origin of the pc's was better than start of darkness

Theodoriph
2008-07-25, 06:30 PM
Well, since you've already read almost all the strips that are in "No Cure", I'd recommend Origin or SOD. I'd lean towards SOD myself, since it's a much better collection than Origin.

Remirach
2008-07-25, 06:33 PM
I'd go with Start of Darkness -- it's longer and the character focus is more intense, in part because there are fewer characters to worry about. You learn a lot about Team Evil's plan and their motivations, there's a follow-up to Shojo's "crayons of time" explanation, and a cameo by our favorite kobold Oracle.

2nd pick would be Origin of the PCs, which is good, but there's not as much information to be learned that couldn't be gleaned from the strip itself. Nonetheless, there is SOME, so if you're a much bigger fan of the OOTS as opposed to Team Evil, you might prefer it.

"No Cure" has some bonus strips plus commentary which is awesome, so if you're going for the collectors set eventually you're going to want it. But for sheer backstory information, I'd vote for either of the others before it.

Lupy
2008-07-25, 09:02 PM
Hey Gamerkid, I reccomend SoD, but OtOoPCs is a good book too. Much shorter and it's less expensive if you're buying it yourself.

teratorn
2008-07-25, 10:20 PM
hooray for me! :smallbiggrin:
Also, which book should i get next? On the orgion of pc?SOD? No cure for the paladin blues?

Depends, for laughs Origin is better. And you get a nice gratuitous bath scene starring Haley! The stuff I like the most revolves around Durkon and beer (I know you're too young to understand the value of a good beer, but I think you'll find them funny nonetheless).

Just wait until you see the first battle these guys fought together... hilarious.

SOD is great but a bit sad, with lots of drama.

cheesecake
2008-07-26, 06:41 AM
Check out half.com

I bought SoD and OoPC for 20 dollars+shipping used.

They are both worth reading, SoD is pretty awesome in itself.