PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite character

Linkavitch
2008-07-26, 09:50 AM
State your least favorite character for all the fans of OotS! Personally, mine would have to be...the ...Oh, jeez, I don't know! Actually, now that i think about it, it would have to be the dirt farmer.

Chazzie
2008-07-26, 10:17 AM
I've never really liked Hinjo.

At all. He just doesn't interest me all that much. Don't know why.

Runner-up for that position is Belkar- though he is more amusing now that he's insane.

Kato
2008-07-26, 10:32 AM
Oh, oh, oh... that's a dangerous thread to start... Shall I allready paint one half green and the other one blue? ^^'''' Okay, let's hope that doesn't happen.
I just wonder... Least favorite as in 'I wouldn't miss him/her of he left/never appeared' or as in 'I just can't stand that ****'? I mean... otherwise you could name just any unimportant guy, because you just don't like him... *shrug*

But alright, I'll just say it. I. Don't. Like. Mi... Damn, I don't dare it. Anyway, let's just say there once was a knight templar who was really funny at the beginning but then turned out to be one of the least likeable poeple in any fiction I ever read. (No offense, just my opinion) I understand if people liked this person, but I just didn't.

WarriorTribble
2008-07-26, 10:49 AM
Zee Godwin's Law (OotS version) never really bothered me, she was too fun to hate. Hmm... least fav character.... I'll go with Nale. I hate it when smart guys act dumb overestimating themselves.

Lupy
2008-07-26, 11:14 AM
I think that... The guy with the Halberd (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0428.html) is the most unlikeable character around. Look at him, just... standing there... with a Halberd. Ug! :smallfurious:

Ron Miel
2008-07-26, 11:37 AM
Nale. His actions lack adequate motivation. I'm not clear on wjhy he wants to kill his brother. It was explained briefly, but it was too weak to be remembered. And even if he has a reason, why does he care about the rest of the Order.

DraPrime
2008-07-26, 11:41 AM
Wow, no one has mentioned Miko yet. Anyway, my least favorite character that dwarf woman Durkon slept with. How dare she just run away from the story for so damn long.

Warren Dew
2008-07-26, 12:03 PM
Elan. His player seems to be one of those spotlight hogs that's more interested in getting the party into trouble so he can personally get more play time than in actually helping the party accomplish its goals.

Plus, guys with nothing going for them except good looks give men a bad name.

Fortunately, his gamesmaster seems to keep him under control.

dragonseth
2008-07-26, 12:04 PM
I wasn't a big fan of Miko when she was around, but my hate has slowly drifted to Celia recently. I haven't seen more stupidity coming from one person in I don't know how long.

Spiryt
2008-07-26, 12:09 PM

Runner-up for that position is Belkar- though he is more amusing now that he's insane.

I also don't like Hinjo. He seems like a jerk to me.

Belkar rocks. Although he rocked more in the past.

Now when his insane his great too.

ref
2008-07-26, 04:36 PM
OK, one of the sides has spoken. I knew they'd be the first ones. Now, I'm going to speak for my side. I hate Belkar. Can't even say he's my least favorite, because that would imply a level of favoritism, albeit a small one, and I'd rather be caught dead that favoring Belkar no matter how little.

Kool-Aid
2008-07-26, 05:58 PM
I'm going to have to say my least favorite had to be miko, I think that's the only time I've laughed at someone's death when they died so theatrically.

Lately I've kind of been wanting to smack Celia back to her senses as well, but having your boyfriend die is a bit difficult to deal with.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-26, 06:01 PM
Celia (before and after she was derailed) and the redshirts of House Kato. Throw away characters who were kept for arbitrary reasons.

Noble Savant
2008-07-26, 06:03 PM
I'm going to have to say Belkar, but probably not for the same reasons as most people, (at least, from what I've seen).

I don't mind him being an axe crazy psycho. It can be funny at times. I don't mind that he doesn't put much thought behind his actions either.

What I mind most is that he doesn't really have a goal. His reasons for staying with the rest of the party have always been shaky, and I can't see why he stayed with them up to the point where he received the mark of justice.

I realize that the Giant stated in the Origin of the PC's that he doesn't want to give Belkar a past that will explain, or even justify Belkar's actions. I don't mind that. His past could very well be a string of murders, sparked by just about anything. What he really lacks is a driving force behind what he does. Killing people is great, but why do it with Roy and the gang? Why not go solo, or find a more accepting group?

In short, I want a reason for Belkar to keep on hanging around with the people he seems to hate so very much. I want to know why he didn't ditch them as they headed south with Miko.

Amarsir
2008-07-26, 06:22 PM
I think that... The guy with the Halberd (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0428.html) is the most unlikeable character around. Look at him, just... standing there... with a Halberd. Ug! :smallfurious:
Oh man I hate that guy!

But you know now it's just a matter of time until the Halberd guy fan club comes running us all over.

Essej
2008-07-26, 07:47 PM
The Oracle.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-07-26, 08:23 PM
Wow, no one has mentioned Miko yet. Anyway, my least favorite character that dwarf woman Durkon slept with. How dare she just run away from the story for so damn long.

She's gone, because she's pregnant with Durkon's Love Child... The one who will destroy the Dwarven Homeland! :smalleek::smallwink:

I think she'll be back sooner or later... Yik-Yik is dead, ZZ'dtri is being held for copyright violation, but Hilgya was last seen running from Durkon in tears.

Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned, and Durkon certianly kicked her to the curb after he got himself a little somethin'-somethin'.

As for my least favorite character... At the moment ding-a-ling Celia. I liked Guardian Celia, and Attorney for the Defense Celia, but Celia seems to have taken a turn for the worse during the current arc. While I dont expect her to know the weaknesses of monsters or know how to do the things adventurers automatically know, she seems dense to the point of being a danger to herself and her team mates, without the humor Elan brings to the table. :smallannoyed:

dragonseth
2008-07-26, 08:41 PM
As for my least favorite character... At the moment ding-a-ling Celia. I liked Guardian Celia, and Attorney for the Defense Celia, but Celia seems to have taken a turn for the worse during the current arc. While I dont expect her to know the weaknesses of monsters or know how to do the things adventurers automatically know, she seems dense to the point of being a danger to herself and her team mates, without the humor Elan brings to the table. :smallannoyed:

Amen, brother! Preach it!

Nevitan
2008-07-26, 08:50 PM
Nale. His actions lack adequate motivation. I'm not clear on wjhy he wants to kill his brother. It was explained briefly, but it was too weak to be remembered. And even if he has a reason, why does he care about the rest of the Order.

He wants to kill Elan because he denied him by staying with Roy and not joining the linear guild, also I figure he's angry that Elan can always manage to thwart his schemes without anywhere near the level of thought that Nale exerts... or, uh somthin' like that

Trazoi
2008-07-26, 09:11 PM
Hey! I liked Guy With A Halberd! :smallfrown:

My least favourite would probably be Belkar. This is mainly due to my dislike of the sociopathic kill-crazy webcomic character archetype in general.

The problem I have with this type of main character is that they're always very shallow. Belkar has had the least character development of all the members of OotS; he's had none. He's got the same motivations as he had at the beginning. This is by deliberate design as this kind of character archetype doesn't have a justification for why they're so sociopathic, but it grates as the webcomic progresses because they just don't change. I'm sure that's why Belkar keeps having disabling effects placed on him to act as a replacement for character development.

Hippoboy
2008-07-27, 01:39 AM
Hey! I liked Guy With A Halberd! :smallfrown:

My least favourite would probably be Belkar. This is mainly due to my dislike of the sociopathic kill-crazy webcomic character archetype in general.

The problem I have with this type of main character is that they're always very shallow. Belkar has had the least character development of all the members of OotS; he's had none. He's got the same motivations as he had at the beginning. This is by deliberate design as this kind of character archetype doesn't have a justification for why they're so sociopathic, but it grates as the webcomic progresses because they just don't change. I'm sure that's why Belkar keeps having disabling effects placed on him to act as a replacement for character development.

I do like crazy sociopathic characters but maybe just maybe we might find that the MOJ thing gives Belkar some character development

Dragor
2008-07-27, 01:54 AM
I've been disliking Celia quite a bit at the moment. I liked her back at the trial, but recently she's begun to grate my nerves a bit. Not enough to make me rant about it, but just.... a little niggle. Nothing more.

happyturtle
2008-07-27, 02:12 AM
I'll totally get skewered for this, but... the demon roaches. I don't know why they have such a following. They do nothing for me.

Oh, and the flumphs. They turn up and bad things happen to them, and I feel bad for them because I'm too nice.

I guess I don't like running gags as much as solid story.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-07-27, 03:20 AM
Let me put it this way, Miko is the only character whos death I have cheered in any media.

Trazoi
2008-07-27, 03:30 AM
Let me put it this way, Miko is the only character whos death I have cheered in any media.
I take it you never watched the Dungeons & Dragons movie? :smallsmile:

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 03:35 AM
Miko. She's just plain annoying. Only redeeming feature, is that she served as an object of revenge for Belkar pretty well. And that doesn't even keep me from loathing her any more.

She also represents the part of the alignment system where people start to form their characters around their alignment instead of the other way around, which is my main beef with the alignment.

Jake
2008-07-27, 03:42 AM
The Half-Ogre Spiked Chain Twink (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0216.html).

Ghastly Epigram
2008-07-27, 03:49 AM
Out of reasonably important characters...I never really saw anything in O-Chul. He just seems bland to me.

Nerd_Paladin
2008-07-27, 04:39 AM
I never cared for V. Sorry, I just find her rather dull. Her handful of running jokes (gender debate, explosive runes, dissapearing/reappearing familiar) have all been run very deeply into the ground, and she's never progressed beyond her generic "Wizard wants more arcane power" motivation. Very little has changed with V since the first strip, which is really not a good thing.

mistformsquirrl
2008-07-27, 05:56 AM
For me? Zz'driti (sp?) has to be it.

You'd think "Cause he's a Drizzt clone, albeit a wizard?" Oddly enough <,< Not why. I hated him because he was the kind of Drizzt clone who gives people who do want to try the "Good dark elf" route a very bad name <x,x>

(I've had an idea for a Drow psychic warrior for ages, as well as a Drow samurai working for a clan of Japanese-style dwarfs. But neither are likely to get played due to the potential eye-rolling from other players <_ _>)

Do yah... gotta be him. That and he had like, no personality at all. And he hurt V; and I like V.

Ironwolf172
2008-07-27, 06:27 AM

I agree I don't like Hinjo much either. He isn't funny and he contradicts himself all the time. He also isn't very smart and didn't even want to save Haley and crew.

Hokum
2008-07-27, 09:34 AM
Ha, easy one: Sylar, that stupid bitch.

:smallbiggrin:

Chazzie
2008-07-27, 09:48 AM
Ah, happyturtle! Thank you for the reminder!

I also hate the demon roaches. To the point where I almost ignore their existence and forget about them. They hold no value to the plot whatsoever, and are like the two sports commentators you hear on TV.

xyzzy
2008-07-27, 10:54 AM
I... have to admit, I like them all.

Sure, most of the characters get on my nerves every once in a while, but none of the characters are huge enough screw-ups for me to really dislike them. For every time that Belkar pointlessly kills someone, he's on the front line putting his skill to good use twice, and Elan is just too nice to hate. Celia doesn't give up her oddities, even when it'd be much easier to just sit down and be quiet. I don't even dislike Miko --- she had that same blind determination, which made her an interesting, original character, and made her death seem almost sad.

Mauve Shirt
2008-07-27, 11:02 AM
Celia is infuriating right now, Miko was infuriating earlier. Belkar's stabbiness is annoying, but he makes up for it with jokes.

BanjoTheClown
2008-07-27, 11:02 AM
I would probably pick Miko. Windstriker is awesome though. :smallbiggrin:

Kish
2008-07-27, 11:38 AM
Bottom right panel. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0357.html) Any of the adventurers who appears only in that panel.

PaladinFreak
2008-07-27, 01:07 PM
It depends. If you mean "Character I would hate most if they were a real person" or "Character I dislike most within the context of the medium."

To the first: It's a toss up between Belkar and Xykon.

To the second: Man, this is a tough one. I would say Miko, except she is such an extraordinarily well done character that I can't give this one to her. I find Celia obnoxious a lot of the time, but she doesn't take the prize either.

The Winner Is.... Xykon. He fills me with rage. Not as a poorly designed character, though. On the contrary, he is quite well crafted, but, he is just such a complete a--hole that I can't give this to anyone but him.

David Argall
2008-07-27, 02:07 PM
Now we do need a definition of "least favorite" here. If we mean "makes you angry", Miko rates highly [? or should that be 'lowly'?], but "makes you react" is frequently the definition of a very good character. "Doesn't interest you" is quite possibly a distinctly better definition for "least favorite".

One idea here would be to imagine that, in a fit of insanity, our writer has asked you to revise OOTS character use. You can't change the plot, but you can decide who is on stage and who does various deeds [which get done whether or not a particular character does them].
If we wanted to remove/reduce Miko, we need to find some means to yank the party to Azure City. Then somebody has to foil Belkar's escape. We need somebody to discover the invading army. Some death has to be arranged for Shojo. And we have got to have the gate destroyed. ignoring a prayer scene or two, that is the whole of Miko. She is serving important plot purposes just about every time we see her. Removing her leaves a gap.

Contrast P-Chul. Most of his appearances can be done just about as well by "nameless paladin NPC". His more recent appearances as heroic victim may have plot purpose eventually, but so far it would seem he could be almost entirely removed from the story and we would not notice an absence.

dragonseth
2008-07-27, 03:29 PM
Contrast P-Chul. Most of his appearances can be done just about as well by "nameless paladin NPC". His more recent appearances as heroic victim may have plot purpose eventually, but so far it would seem he could be almost entirely removed from the story and we would not notice an absence.

P-Chul? I think you mean O-Chul.

Ron Miel
2008-07-27, 03:37 PM
I really like the character of Miko. She is the most complex three dimensional character in the whole series. She is by far the best villain.

now, I've met people like her, and I hate the experience of meeting them in real life. But I can still read about her in a comic and enjoy it.

lifegospel
2008-07-27, 05:00 PM
Redcloak! He's such a... No, I can't risk being banned, but He always want's to go over *shudder* plans with Xyklon

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-07-27, 05:12 PM
P-Chul? I think you mean O-Chul.

P-chul is O-chul's evil twin blackguard brother. :smalltongue:

Anyway, my least favorite right now is Hinjo. As I've said during the Azure City arc, he just gets in the way.

I didn't like the way he treated Elan in strips #500 - #509. He just came off as really rude. I don't see why he is still around.

I was so glad that Rich put him in the background for a while during the Orc Arc. I can't see how he's in any danger from Kubota since they haven't attacked him yet, and Therkla's too busy with Elan.

I liked him at first, as the "good paladin" to contrast Miko, but as soon as he became the Lord of Azure City, he got arrogant and stupid.

Warren Dew
2008-07-27, 08:27 PM
I agree I don't like Hinjo much either. He isn't funny and he contradicts himself all the time. He also isn't very smart and didn't even want to save Haley and crew.

Not funny, I agree with, but "didn't even want to save Haley and crew"? He's the one who refuses to let the ship leave the dock in 478 when the Captain first wants to cast off. It's not until Redcloak knocks him unconscious that the Captain gets his way.

Kaytara
2008-07-27, 09:55 PM
Huh, I honestly couldn't say. In regards of characters who I don't feel add much to the story, there are a few NPCs but their role is MEANT to be minimal, isn't it? There isn't really anyone who seems like a junk character and doesn't serve any purpose, dramatic or comedic. Heck, even the wizard who teleported the group to Cliffport was funny, both in his drunkenness, lack of self-esteem, and posthumously. XD It's exactly things like this that make OotS rich and organic, and every panel fun to read. ^^

In regards of what character makes me so angry I just want to give them a sneak attack upside the face... Well, that doesn't really qualify as 'least favourite', and I still like to see them for what they add to the story, regardless of how I feel about them. And, as someone said, provoking any kind of strong reaction is often the hallmark of a well written character.
I guess if I had to choose... I'm not really warming up to Therkla yet, possibly because I have a bad feeling about where her obsession with Elan is headed. And Hinjo is seriously in need of some CMoA's, he hasn't really had the chance to shine yet and he's got some big shoes to fill. XD

Ferrous
2008-07-27, 10:06 PM
Durkon!

Just kidding. Durkon is the man.
...uh...dwarf.

My least favorite is probably Eugene. Such a selfish, arrogant bastard. Good lord. Doesn't understand the meaning of fatherhood, and has no understanding that when his own geneology is at stake, he just tries to look after himself.

AceOfFools
2008-07-27, 10:34 PM
Threkla.

She, like all stalkers, just creeps me the hell out.

Teatime
2008-07-27, 11:50 PM
I'm quite honestly shocked that people claim to be "infuriated" or "horrendously annoyed" by any of the characters. Maybe I'm just easily amused, but I read the comic fairly obsessively, and at no point have I taken it so seriously that I'm legitimately bothered by anyone therein. I find them all enjoyable in their own way, and it wouldn't be the same comic without them.

sasuke898
2008-07-28, 07:23 PM
i dont exactly hate any character in the story, but i hate what celia did. she went to greysky city even though haley said not to go there and she ends up getting roy made into a golem just because she couldnt be more specific with her choice of words
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0575.html
why couldnt celia just say "i want roy to be ressed", the wizard could say "im not a cleric" and they could just leave greysky. but that wouldnt be interesting to the story which sucks because there always has to be a joke or misfortune at the end of each comic

Stormageddon
2008-07-28, 08:56 PM
My least favorite has to be Roy. I hope he remains a flesh golem because he's more interesting that way. Stupid LG single class fighter.

I'm surprised to see so many people said Belkar here. I mean #520 "I was gonna take the deal. Right up until the point I remembered how much I was looking forward to flinging an angry housecat in someone's soft and unprotected face."

I mean he gets all the good jokes. I've never wanted to play a CE Ranger/barb so badly!

Underground
2008-07-29, 08:22 AM
Celia.

She is so incredibly stupid it drives me crazy.

Midnight_v
2008-07-29, 08:58 AM
I really like the character of Belkar. He is the most complex three dimensional character in the whole series. He is by far the best Anti-hero in a long time.

Now, I've met people like him, and I'd hate the experience of meeting them in a dark alley. So when I read about in a comic and enjoy it, I know the writer's doing something special.
Ahh easy fix.
Actually what I like most is the Roy/Belker dynamic.

Hated because of the Character: "Miko" God, I can't believe how many people actually sit down and build the "jerk paladin" perfectly written. More perfectly written because she actually fell (unlike in D&D where Dm's often ImXp dote on the paladin and let people use the CoC to be a jerk)

Hated because of the characterization "V"
Quite frankly, I can't tell if its a boy or a girl... so the androgeny thing might be intentional (I mean it IS an elf) but even at that when ever I see "V"
I always here its lines spoken in the voice of
"Pat" from the old SNL episodes...:smallamused:

AMJ
2008-07-29, 11:28 AM
State your least favorite character for all the fans of OotS! Personally, mine would have to be...the ...Oh, jeez, I don't know! Actually, now that i think about it, it would have to be the dirt farmer.

I am with you on the dirt farmer, he is so annoying and didn't give anything useful except set up the V revelation. The dirt farmer is my least liked character.

Number316
2008-07-29, 11:38 AM
Miko & Hinjo of the main ones. But thanks for reminding me about the dirt farmer - he beats them both. Overall - the farmer was the worst.

Underground
2008-07-30, 04:42 AM
The point of the dirt farmer was that the DM got sarcastic at the players. That was really funny. Therefore I didnt hated the dirt farmer themselves at all, though they became boring very quick.

Belkar is a very awful person, even some of the villains are more goodhearted.

Still while I dont exactly love him, and would be happy to get rid of him from the story, he doesnt get so much on my nerves as Celia, who is a clone of Mr Bean right now.

And I really, really cant stand Mr Bean.

Degausser
2008-07-30, 06:13 AM
Eugene Greenhilt. He was designed for me to hate him . . . AND I DO! But I hate him in-comic context. He's an arrogant, stuck up, prick who thinks that his way is the only way, and I hate him for it.

Mastikator
2008-07-30, 07:12 AM
Roy's little sister, Julia. Also Eugene. They are mean annoying jerks and the only good thing about them is Roy insulting them.

Ikialev
2008-07-30, 09:14 AM
That dwarf guy, that one on oots banner.

Ron Miel
2008-07-30, 11:59 AM
Huh? by OOTS Banner, do you mean this?

http://www.giantitp.com/Images/redesign/Icon_Comics_OOTS.gif

That's Roy, isn't it? Okay if he's your least favourite character, but why call him a dwarf?

Number316
2008-07-30, 12:06 PM
Maybe Luena meant the banner on the site where you choose between the OOTS and Erworld comics. Even someone who's never seen DnD before, wouldn't call Roy a dwarf :smallamused:

Ron Miel
2008-07-30, 12:16 PM
What's Erworld comics? Any good? Worth reading?

Link, please.

Number316
2008-07-30, 12:52 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0112.html

I haven't read it. Maybe someone else will have something to say about it.

DreadSpoon
2008-07-30, 01:13 PM
What's Erworld comics? Any good? Worth reading?

Link, please.

Someone failed a spot check. Erfworld is linked to right next to the latest comic link for OOTS on the page you're looking at right now.

Miko Miyazaki
2008-08-02, 05:00 PM
Lord Shojo. If he had done his job right and kept me from acting stupid, he would have been alive to lead Azure City to a glorious victory over Xykon.

And he had the chance to come back, but he abandoned his own city to certain destruction (Seriously, he left ME more or less unsupervised in the same building as the gate. What did he expect?) just so he could stay up in the Arborean Fields or Elysian Glades or Pandemonian Limbos or wherever those Chaotics have their afterlives, prancing around with a greasy booby in his hand and a cold slice of pizza in his mouth.

Azazel
2008-08-02, 05:20 PM
I'm going to have to take the diplomatic path here and state that I appreciate each character for what they are.
They all have something to bring to the table for good or ill and the fact that we actually care about that emphesises their individual importance to the overall story...

Kneenibble
2008-08-02, 05:27 PM

Yeah, what a ****ing douchebag. I hope he died horribly.

snoopy13a
2008-08-02, 06:02 PM
My least favorite character is Redcloak.

katkin
2008-08-02, 06:39 PM
I pretty much like all the characters and can see the purpose for each one. And I also just wanna say: Hinjo RULES! He'll show you ALL! :smallbiggrin:

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-02, 06:54 PM
Well, I do like the comic, the charcters would be lower on the likeing scale rather then higher..

Swordlol
2008-08-02, 09:28 PM
I wasn't a big fan of Miko when she was around, but my hate has slowly drifted to Celia recently. I haven't seen more stupidity coming from one person in I don't know how long.

I really couldn't have said it any better.

Kudos to you sir. Kudos.

Edit: Or should I say "Kupos to you sir. Kupos"

zuzak
2008-08-02, 11:20 PM
I dislike oracles in general. If they actually know the future and can change it, they would be ruling the world, or at least extremely rich. So if they don't rule the world, either You Can't Fight Fate, or they're fake. Either way, there's no point in seeing them. Also, I hate destiny. So, the Oracle.

Logalmier
2008-08-03, 04:55 PM

Yeah! who does he think he is blocking the main characters space?

I hate Celia, I really do. She's annoying, yet nothing bad has happened to her (short of the whole Grubbywilder thing). What I would really like is to see her dangling above an acid pit with a shark in it. She's no O'chul, she doesn't have the guts to put down a shark.

Stormpax
2008-08-03, 05:06 PM
I never like Hinjos Dog...
that's a character, right?

ericgrau
2008-08-03, 07:37 PM
Well, Redcloak annoys me a bit. Maybe it's just in contrast to amusment from Xykon.

But least favorite... can't really think of one at the moment. Most characters are so multi-dimensional that I gotta like them one way or another, even with the foils (Redcloak included). Hmmm... +1 guy with halberd. Maybe he ran from the battle, even. What a _____.

brennanatorx45
2008-08-03, 07:55 PM
Miko is by far the worst, I want to strangle her stick figure neck.

mofabulous
2008-08-04, 12:20 AM
Redcloak -

Killing his own brother.. GRRR!!! :smallfurious:

I'm a fan of happy endings and Right Eyes daughter coming back to kill Xykon and Redcloak will make me much happier :smallfurious::smallfurious::smallfurious:

mockingbyrd7
2008-08-04, 12:53 AM
COUGH! Dude, Start of Darkness spoilers!
COUGH! Put spoiler tags around it!
COUGH! HACK! WHEEZE! GAG! CHOKE! HACK! BLARGH! HAIRBALL!

*ahem* Now, moving on...

I don't have an absolute least favorite character, but out of the 6 protagonists, it has to be Durkon. I don't find him to be a very interesting character. He's an unhappy, quiet, dutiful, boring dwarf that, if he wasn't filling the role of team cleric, wouldn't be a necessary character. If you pulled him out of the storyline completely, most things would probably flow the same way, with a couple changed elements in the storyline.

coracleboat
2008-08-04, 01:36 AM
I can't stand Roy. He's so smug, and even when he reforms his smugness and says he won't get upset by his dad and instead will just move on, he's still smug about it! He's even more smug! His great revelation about not being smarmy leads him to be even more smug.

He just makes me want to smack him in the head with a dragon, but Xykon already beat me to it by smacking him in the head with an entire planet, so I guess I can't beat that.

I don't think he's even that great a leader. From a storytelling perspective, I love that he makes mistakes all the time, but speaking of him as if he were a person, he wouldn't really inspire much confidence in me as a leader. (That last sentence was just about as awkward as I could possibly make it, I think.)

AdamG
2008-08-04, 02:14 AM
I never really thought of any of the characters as my least favorite. They all have some place in the comic, small or large, benine or important. If I had to pick a least favorite though, I would pick that dead paladin lady. I even forgot her name, so I must not like her much. :smallannoyed:

Graymayre
2008-08-04, 10:34 AM

He's not nearly as bad as the far right one with the katana. I mean seriously, look at those beady little eyes! :smallmad:

He thinks he's hot sh*t in a champagne glass but we all know he's really just cold diahrea in a Dixie cup! :smallannoyed:

Mina Kobold
2008-08-04, 11:50 AM
What I mind most is that he doesn't really have a goal. His reasons for staying with the rest of the party have always been shaky, and I can't see why he stayed with them up to the point where he received the mark of justice..

have you ever noticed that he can´t leave them because of that mark ( 1 mile from Roy´s body rule) :annoyed:

Mina Kobold
2008-08-04, 11:53 AM
Kubito or whatever that jerkish noble who always try to get Hinjo killed´s name is. :mad:

olthar
2008-08-04, 12:11 PM
at first i was gonna say belkar, but I'm more disappointed with him than lack of liking him. (he had so much potential for hilarity early on, but he just devolved into a homicidal maniac, which is only sometimes funny)

I'd go with thog, barbarian jokes are meh, and I had a player in one of my games that played exactly that character, made me want to kill him oh so much (and since I was the dm it wasn't that difficult to do so in the end)

Cizak
2008-08-04, 12:53 PM
This is hard... *thinking, thinking* Actually, I donät know. Maybye Miko, I never really liked her (except for her smite evil, bump uglies-line, that was hilarious).

Querzis
2008-08-05, 06:18 AM
I would like to say Belkar but its not so much that I hate him that I just want him to leave the freaking Order already. Hes making the rest of the Order look irresponsible for even letting such a dangerous murderer alive, he has absolutely no reason to stay with them (before he had the mark at least) and want to kill half of them, and he just simply doesnt fit in a good party at all. I woudnt hate him if he was an antagonist.

So my least favorite character is probably Miko.

Anyway, I have to defend my favorite bastard in the comic:

To quote him: «I dont give a wererat ass about your friends». He doesnt care about the rest of the order at all, he just wanted to kill them to go brag about their death in front of Elan in his prison to make him suffer even more. Well that and because it was kinda the only way to keep them from helping Elan. As for why he want to kill Elan, its because he denied him and just annoy him intensely. Either way, hes a bastard so its obvious he just like to make him suffer. I'm guessing it might also have something to do with his family though.

Blue Ghost
2008-08-06, 06:30 PM
Well, I was never too fond of Kubota and his crew. I just didn't think it was an opportune time to introduce a new villain to the story, with so much going on already.

As for characters I love to hate...
Miko. That self-righteous murdering blackguard, she and her kind (all the self-righteous murdering blackguards that call themselves paladins) give honest paladins a bad name!

Vulion
2008-08-06, 06:38 PM
I hate no one, some characters annoy me from time to time, but nothing that really warrants lots of hatred. The closest I've come to truly hating a character was Miko, but then I moved past my petty annoyances and realized what a dynamic and complex character she was. I can view her as 'wrong' but not hate her outright as I now can with most characters.

Though I can't lie when asked if enjoyed watching her get her ass handed to her by Roy, who just happens to be my favorite character.

Red XIV
2008-08-06, 10:17 PM
I hate Celia, I really do. She's anoying, yet nothing bad has happened to her (short of the whole Grubbywilder thing). What I would really like is to see her dangaling above an acid pit with a shark in it. She's no O'chul, she dosn't hav the guts to put down a shark.
Celia has these things called "wings". She could just fly away.

Jack Zander
2008-08-06, 10:21 PM

Congratulations! This post started an entire fanclub based on that guy!

Grokvar
2008-08-06, 10:22 PM
I would have to say Miko. nag nag nag.:smallsigh:

Miko Miyazaki
2008-08-06, 10:27 PM
nag nag nag.:smallsigh:

Yeah, I can't stand your mom, either.

PerpetualGM
2008-08-06, 10:54 PM
Belkar.

The "vicious psychopath" character (if you can call it a character) is one of the archetypes that I've always hated as both a GM and a player. I will admit he is amusing at times, but I still dislike him.

Zordrath
2008-08-07, 10:49 AM
Post-siege Celia. There's something about constantly knowing everything better, being preachy and lecturing others yet still being utterly naive and incompetent that I just can't stand. "Yeah, maybe I have no clue at all, but I'm not supposed to! YOU are!" Ugh... :smallmad:

Apart from that, I enjoyed most characters yet (even Miko), some more than others of course, but before the siege, it would have been really hard for me to name a least favourite character.

Dacia Brabant
2008-08-07, 01:27 PM
Miko, for causing so many pointless arguments long after she'd ceased to exist.

Lissou
2008-08-07, 01:51 PM
Post-siege Celia. There's something about constantly knowing everything better, being preachy and lecturing others yet still being utterly naive and incompetent that I just can't stand. "Yeah, maybe I have no clue at all, but I'm not supposed to! YOU are!" Ugh... :smallmad:

Reminds me of someone... Wait, who could that be... Oh, right. Haley, Elan and Belkar. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0075.html)

Jorrath_Zek
2008-08-07, 02:02 PM
Redcloak... He's evil, and I don't me fun evil like Belkar or Sabine or Tsukiko or MiTD or Xykon. He's cruel methodical manipulative genocidal evil... He's supposed to be, but he's still my least favorite... mind you, I own all the books and part of my dislike stems from back story

Zordrath
2008-08-07, 02:02 PM
Yeah, but the way they did it, it was funny :P

Linkavitch
2008-08-07, 02:04 PM
You know, Jorrath, you're about the first person to actually admit that Redcloak is their least fav character...

Lissou
2008-08-07, 02:09 PM
You know, Jorrath, you're about the first person to actually admit that Redcloak is their least fav character...

Isn't there another person who said that in this thread or another similar one?

It's not weird to dislike Redcloak, really. But I think that contrarily to Xykon, Belkar and other psychopathic evils (such as the Linear Guild) he's actually a realistic villain. He's the type of character that sounds like a real person, and he's very interesting. Which is why he's my favourite character.

But I understand that people look for different things in characters. A lot of people tell me that, if I want realistic people, I don't need fiction, there is real life. But what I just love is the work, the masterpiece. As a writer, I just admire that, and a character like Redcloak needs a lot more work, thinking an development than a character like Belkar (who's actually funnier without any development).
Plus, sarcasm is the best form of humour :smalltongue:.

Jorrath_Zek
2008-08-07, 02:27 PM
Isn't there another person who said that in this thread or another similar one?

It's not weird to dislike Redcloak, really. But I think that contrarily to Xykon, Belkar and other psychopathic evils (such as the Linear Guild) he's actually a realistic villain. He's the type of character that sounds like a real person, and he's very interesting. Which is why he's my favourite character.

But I understand that people look for different things in characters. A lot of people tell me that, if I want realistic people, I don't need fiction, there is real life. But what I just love is the work, the masterpiece. As a writer, I just admire that, and a character like Redcloak needs a lot more work, thinking an development than a character like Belkar (who's actually funnier without any development).
Plus, sarcasm is the best form of humour :smalltongue:.

I think you're right. I dislike Redcloak so much because he is a Realistic Evil. Not a Fun evil... I've had to deal with enough Real Evil in my life that I prefer more Fantasy Evil in my Fantasy Fiction...

Real Life Villains always believe that they are the victims and use that to justify thier actions. That's Redcloak...
I prefer Belkar's evil or Xykon's. They're evil because it's entertaining to them, and it doesn't matter...
Sabine or Tsukiko just have evil sexual preferences.
MiTD is evil be association, and because he just doesn't know any better.

Redcloak is driven by hatred, and convinced he's the hero in the story... For him, genocide is simply a tool to overcome oppression... For him, nothing matters more than his own narcissistic goals, not even loved ones he's had to kill... People on this site call Belkar a Pychopath, and it's funny- But Redcloak fits the clinical criteria set by Dr. Robert Hare for a diagnosis far better than any other villian in this comic.

I dislike Redcloak. I'm supposed to, since he's the Villian.

Nevitan
2008-08-07, 03:56 PM
Oh man I hate that guy!

But you know now it's just a matter of time until the Halberd guy fan club comes running us all over.

yep, its here!

Salty
2008-08-07, 05:17 PM

Blasphemy!!!

Ironwolf172
2008-08-07, 05:25 PM

Seriously. We don't see to much of Redcloak that can actually be hated.

AmberVael
2008-08-07, 05:45 PM
I can't stand Roy. He's so smug, and even when he reforms his smugness and says he won't get upset by his dad and instead will just move on, he's still smug about it! He's even more smug! His great revelation about not being smarmy leads him to be even more smug.

He just makes me want to smack him in the head with a dragon, but Xykon already beat me to it by smacking him in the head with an entire planet, so I guess I can't beat that.

I don't think he's even that great a leader. From a storytelling perspective, I love that he makes mistakes all the time, but speaking of him as if he were a person, he wouldn't really inspire much confidence in me as a leader. (That last sentence was just about as awkward as I could possibly make it, I think.)
Wow, someone who actually dislikes one of the main characters that most people are fine with. I'm surprised that you actually would think and say that, not that I really take offense to it.
Mostly because I'm almost in the same boat. :smalltongue:

Roy I'm fine with it- it's Durkon that I dislike.
Yeah, I know, *gasp,* how can I hate the dwarf?
Because he doesn't do ANYTHING.
Okay, yeah, he's done more than some of minor characters or NPCs, and he might be successful at more things than Elan, but Elan goes on zany adventures and fails amusingly. Belkar may be fairly cliche and one dimensional, but at least he makes life difficult for the party and we get to laugh at his misery. Miko might be a self righteous, arrogant, and horrible paladin, but at least she has a character and drive that show consistently in the comic.
Redcloak is a horrible, lackey of a villain, but at least he has some kind of interesting complex that drives him. (Granted, I read Start of Darkness and that helps with him.) Tsukiko may be a minor character who rarely shows up, but her personality has interest- she has that weird fixation on undead and her strange motherly tendencies on the ones she creates.

Durkon is just boring. Every other character I can deal with, because they have an interesting dynamic, but he's just a filler- I feel like the mindflayer who examined his brain. "Too bland." He doesn't do ANYTHING interesting. Oh, he may say things, but they're rarely anything with character. He may fight, but action isn't a substitute for personality. The only facet of his character that is remotely interesting is his desire to go home, but he never talks about it except for a few small scenes.
You could drop him out of the comic and nothing would change- that's why I hate him.

Mortith
2008-08-09, 03:02 PM
I don't really like Nale. He is pretty funny, and a good plotline element but for some reason i just dislike him. :nale:

"Bluff bluff the stuipid ogre!" :elan:

xelliea
2008-08-09, 03:58 PM
redcloak is cool but my most disliked person is sabine she is so... evil

Draz74
2008-08-09, 06:24 PM
COUGH! Put spoiler tags around it!
COUGH! HACK! WHEEZE! GAG! CHOKE! HACK! BLARGH! HAIRBALL!
LoL :smallbiggrin:

I'm going to have to add a vote to Eugene. Julia is up there, too, but at least she's got the excuse of being a teenager who will probably improve in the next few years.

Roy's got it rough in the family department. I don't especially love his mom as a character, either. At least Horace and Eric are awesome, though.

picklepenguin
2008-08-09, 09:05 PM
Tough choice! Nale, maybe, or Therkla. She's annoying to me, don't ask why.

EDIT: Oh and Celia sometimes!

OneFamiliarFace
2008-08-10, 04:37 AM
You could drop him out of the comic and nothing would change- that's why I hate him.

Take the cleric out of the party and nothing would change?! The PCs would be dying all over the place. I like Durkon precisely because he is a bit boring. If he were more "interesting," then the whole party would be zany-crazy-town vs Roy. And there is some merit to the fact that the rest of the party only notices him when they need healing! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0075.html)

And then there is his role in the greatest arc of the whole series, Cliffport! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0352.html)

I think I dislike Xykon the most, but not because I actually dislike his concept. Rather, his not remembering Roy from encounter to encounter hurts MY pride, and I'm not even playing that game. If I did that as a DM, the players would riot. Of course, this does mean I am looking forward to seeing him die.

Zordrath
2008-08-10, 05:34 AM
LoL :smallbiggrin:

I'm going to have to add a vote to Eugene. Julia is up there, too, but at least she's got the excuse of being a teenager who will probably improve in the next few years.

Roy's got it rough in the family department. I don't especially love his mom as a character, either. At least Horace and Eric are awesome, though.
Eugene! How could I forget about him! Damn you, Celia!

Yeah, Eugene is another character that really makes me angry - his conversations with Roy are, however, much funnier than Celia's with Haley.

Staven
2008-08-12, 03:46 PM
I don't think anyone has said Tsusiko yet. Her character is just kind of an overconfident jerk. She betrayed the good guys, which is only cool if you're a Darth Vader-like character, pretty much just brags throughout her appearances, and is generally an unnecessary addition to the plot. Even her wights are more entertaining, the boot joke was funny. The three (it's three, correct?) months later arc in Azure City probably has to be my least favorite, and she's the main reason. Even Belkar couldn't save it. Also, it seems to me that she's filling in the "hot evil chick" role in Sabine's absence (who I am also not a fan of), a role that is overused and generally not that entertaining.

Sir_Norbert
2008-08-12, 03:48 PM
Maybe, but the difference between the two is that Tsukiko is cute. Sabine? I just can't understand what anyone sees in her.

So... yeah, that's my answer to the topic's question, basically.

Lissou
2008-08-12, 03:58 PM

I think it's not compeltely true. I see your point, but for instance Durkon won it for them in the forest with the Bandits. He also did in Cliffport. In many ways, he can really rock and be badass. His personallity makes him more boring as a character because he doesn't put himself in the spotlight, but I think he's definitely important anyways.
I mean, he convinces Haley to follow Miko. Heck, he convinces everybod to follow Miko. He's the reason Roy is putting up with the others. He's kind of a glue in the group, I think.

Now, you're allowed to dislike him, but I think the comic would be vastly different without him.

Zordrath
2008-08-12, 05:12 PM
It's true that he is very important - he's the one keeping everybody straight and sane in those moments were even Roy, the other straight man, acts foolishly or out of anger (see the end of OtooPCs). However, this naturally makes him a bit boring compared to insane characters like Belkar. I like him and I think he's a very sympathetic character, but he's a bit too generic for me. I'm sure the Giant could have added one or two twists to his personality while still keeping his "sane" role in the party.

Deepkicker
2008-08-12, 05:15 PM
Durkon is like Lisa or Marge from the Simpsons. Most of the laughs aren't coming from his way, but it just wouldn't be the same without him.

Ganurath
2008-08-12, 05:37 PM
Threkla.

She, like all stalkers, just creeps me the hell out.She isn't a stalker. She has a crush, and her job gives her a stealthy skill set. The only reason she wasn't open about her crush before was because it conflicted with her loyalty to Lord Kubota, and that conflict is currently being addressed.

As for my least favorite character, Qarr. If I had been in Therkla's position, I would have killed him just for his comments in the top right panel (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0583.html). He overheard her say that part of her loyalty to Kubota was that she wasn't treated any different for being a half-orc (previous page to link,) and he still makes demeaning comments regarding her lineage? You'd think that a being that's a pure embodiment of Law and Evil would know better than to say stuff that would encourage disloyalty.

AceOfFools
2008-08-12, 07:08 PM
She isn't a stalker. She has a crush, and her job gives her a stealthy skill set. The only reason she wasn't open about her crush before was because it conflicted with her loyalty to Lord Kubota, and that conflict is currently being addressed.

So she follows her crush around in secret, observing his movements, actions and most importantly his hot, hot bod, but because she's a stealthy person it's not stalking?

I'm sorry that first sentence is just insane. The having a job that prevents her from acting on her crush thing makes the stalking not her fault, but she's still watching his every move without his knowledge or consent.

Two things that seriously creep me out: voyeurism and treating people as sexual objects. She hits the second hard and the first close enough for her to squick me out; at least partially because of how popular she is among other posters.

Same with the hero from Disturbia. I found him at least as creepy as the serial killer. I actually lost sleep over the previews for One Hour Photo (not "Can't sleep, Williams will eat me," but "Why the hell would anyone want to watch that?").

I still don't understand how people can like those sorts of characters, but gave up on caring a long time ago.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-08-12, 07:13 PM
I hate Miko, but my least favourite of all the living characters would have to be Tsukiko. I don't know why.

Kish
2008-08-12, 07:31 PM
As for my least favorite character, Qarr. If I had been in Therkla's position, I would have killed him just for his comments in the top right panel (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0583.html). He overheard her say that part of her loyalty to Kubota was that she wasn't treated any different for being a half-orc (previous page to link,) and he still makes demeaning comments regarding her lineage? You'd think that a being that's a pure embodiment of Law and Evil would know better than to say stuff that would encourage disloyalty.
On the other hand, racism is very much a Lawful Evil quality. Qarr is both Lawful (and Evil) enough to think Therkla should be showing a lot more loyalty to Kubota without needing her feeble mortal emotions catered to, and dislikes her enough at this point to deliberately take a shot at the emotional vulnerability she just revealed having.

Callista
2008-08-12, 08:43 PM
Could you do the concept with a different race? Or maybe your campaign's got an evil country of a normally-neutral race; so you could just do that race and have the guy be a misfit in his country (and probably notorious for his origins) rather than working against his racial tendencies...

Least favorite major character: Belkar. Frankly, I think evil can be done a lot more imaginatively. He's still a great deal better than some of the things I run across in print fiction, though.

Minor character: Yokyok. That joke's kind of overdone...

SilentNight
2008-08-12, 08:48 PM
Miko. For far to many reasons to list. Yes I realize I am posting right beneath a member of the Miko fan club but I really hate her. (Miko, not the poster).

Durp
2008-08-12, 10:23 PM
Redcloak. And not because he's an antagonist, because he's just boring. Xykon is funny because he's psychotic. the not-so-evil monster in darkness is funny because he's innocent. But Redcloak just doesn't have any quirks. It's like he's a straightman, but Team Evil dosent need one.:smallannoyed:

plover
2008-08-12, 10:46 PM
Elan. He had his moments, and it's not so much that I hate him, more that he just doesn't compare to the entire rest of the class.

Haley too, kinda. They bore me with their sickening sweetness, and it's only somewhat remedied by the Banjo/Elan/Treasure/Haley reunion scene and its like, hilarious as it may be. Too little, too late, that kind of thing.

FujinAkari
2008-08-13, 12:14 AM
Redcloak. And not because he's an antagonist, because he's just boring. Xykon is funny because he's psychotic. the not-so-evil monster in darkness is funny because he's innocent. But Redcloak just doesn't have any quirks. It's like he's a straightman, but Team Evil dosent need one.:smallannoyed:

Out of curiosity, have you read Start of Darkness? Because I agreed with you until I read that, and now I -really- like Redcloak.

Kai Maera
2008-08-13, 01:44 AM
It's just.... that girl... with no weapon whatsoever in Haley's resistance. Her barehanded fighting, partial armor, and overgrown hair make me want to destroy things. With a halberd. Or a guy with a halberd.

Question: what size is a person considered, weaponwise? Could you dual wield ogres with monkey grip?

Zordrath
2008-08-13, 06:26 AM
Actually, I think they need one very much. Xykon is great, but he's the most psychotic character of all (even Belkar can't compare), so Redcloak is often necessary for balance. Some of their conversations are just hilarious :smallbiggrin:

Also, SoD. It really helps with Redcloak, though at the cost of making Xykon even more despised as he is normally.

joe
2008-08-14, 04:12 PM
I have to agree with Callista about Yokyok. He's definitely my least favorite character. I'm glad his head became a salsa dish.

Yikyik wasn't worth avenging anyway. :smallbiggrin:

Cuttlefish
2008-08-14, 04:49 PM
Hinjo is the most boring character ATM but he doesn't get a lot of scene space. I'll have to go for Belkar instead. I guess I'm too Lawful to stand someone bing unpunished for so many unmotivated killings. I guess Xykon isn't a lot different in that aspect but the Order doesn't accept his terror.

Deepkicker
2008-08-14, 05:08 PM
I have to agree with Callista about Yokyok. He's definitely my least favorite character. I'm glad his head became a salsa dish.

Yikyik wasn't worth avenging anyway. :smallbiggrin:

Yokyok has one great thing going for him: he brought on a Princess Bride reference. And anyone or anything that incurs the Princess Bride is awesome.:smallwink:

Luckily, there isn't any character amongst the main cast who I don't like, and that includes the secondary main cast.
Although if I had to choose...I never really found Sabine that amusing or interesting. Not that I hate her. Also, I go up and down with Celia. I started liking her less there for a while when she was summoned to Azure City, but she's gotten better again I think.

Trizap
2008-08-14, 06:26 PM
I'm gonna go with those people who hate Celia, I mean she was great during The Paladin Blues, but the current story arc? now she's just Lawful Stupid.

as for Miko? I kinda feel sorry for her.......

Zordrath
2008-08-14, 06:31 PM
Yeah, the Giant gave Miko such a great ending, it's hard for me to hate her now...

What makes her a little more bearable than Celia (at least to me) is that despite all her mistakes and stupidities, she actually was a very capable warrior (I'm quite sure none of the OOTSers could defeat Redcloak at this point) and a quite sound tactical thinker, and not somebody who actually has no clue of anything going on in the real world.

I know many, many people will disagree with me on this, though... :smalltongue:

recluso
2008-08-15, 01:32 PM
Why has nobody mentioned Crystal?

I guess most people here have sweated blood at some time to level up a character.

Yes, it is from jealousy, I hate Crystal...

moscatabaco
2008-08-16, 12:22 AM
:miko: :nale: :roy: :belkar: :durkon: :elan: :haley: :vaarsuvius: :redcloak: :roach:...

I LOVE 'em all.

I can understand ppl that hate :miko:, :durkon:, :haley:, :belkar:, :vaarsuvius: or :celia: (she does need her own emoticon). Some of them are boring, at times, or neglected storywise, or simply not very charismatic, but still that's what makes them interesting. But they do have a role, deep personalies, and overall are good characters. If Celia is behaving that way recently, that's because that's the way an arrogant person completely clueless about adventuring would behave on her situation.

It's beyond me why anyone would hate :roy:, :roach:, :elan: or :redcloak: . They're either the axis of the story, tremendously funny, or both! Same applies to :xykon:, by the way. :nale: is probably my favourite. Just seeing the linear guild in a new strip, even if they're only escaping from prison, is enough to brighten my day.

The azure crew are prolly the most boring characters around. O-chul might be the most interesting one, the torture arc was rather interesting, and funny in a dark sort of way. Hinjo NEEDS to succeed at something, he was supposed to be second only to :miko:, and she managed to defeat the main characters all by herself (summoned horses count as yourself if you summon them). And c'mon people, House Kato is rather amusing.

I think I find Lien as the most boring character, but I believe she can still give more to the story.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-08-16, 12:42 AM
Redcloak. I don't like what he's become and I don't like how he does things anymore. -.- He's unworthy of being Big X's minion.

Knouge
2008-08-16, 01:36 AM
What a tough question. As of right now, I don't really like Celia because I always considered her a secondary character, and when that was true, I couldn't care less about her. But since she was upgraded to a "main" character, I find her to be stupid and a goody-two shoes. Can you say Lawful Stupid? Yes, yes you can.

Nevitan
2008-08-16, 01:40 AM
What a tough question. As of right now, I don't really like Celia because I always considered her a secondary character, and when that was true, I couldn't care less about her. But since she was upgraded to a "main" character, I find her to be stupid and a goody-two shoes. Can you say Lawful Stupid? Yes, yes you can.

Haha yea I agree Celia is being really dumb right now, but that'll pass as soon as she stops being necessary to the main plot.

Mina Kobold
2008-08-16, 04:58 AM
celia is not stupid she's a commoner that don't know about adventuring why does everyone think she should know geez :sigh: :furious:

Zordrath
2008-08-16, 07:02 AM
Nobody said she should know. But the fact that she constantly acts like she does know, and way better than Haley, at that, and in the rare occasions she has to admit she doesn't, blames Haley for it, make her extremely annoying to me. And it's not even played for the laughs, like when Roy criticized Belkar.

And remember how she acted when Haley didn't know every possible thing about Sylphs...

If Celia is behaving that way recently, that's because that's the way an arrogant person completely clueless about adventuring would behave on her situation.
My point exactly. Emphasis mine.

dps
2008-08-16, 11:40 AM
Depends on what you mean by "least favorite". If you mean character I would least like to have to associate with IRL, I'd have to say Belkar. If you mean, which character I consider the most dispicable, then it's obviously Xykon. If you mean which one contributes least to the comic, well, I might get in trouble for saying this, but it's Durkon--he rarely gets any funny lines and doesn't do much to advance the plot. He essentially fits the trope of "character as devise"--he's there to heal party members who get wounded.

Knaight
2008-08-16, 01:18 PM
I'm going to have to say that half elf apprentice wizard guy. A minor character at most, but really didn't contribute much. Also possibly Hilgya.

Linkavitch
2008-08-18, 07:16 PM
I'm going to have to say that half elf apprentice wizard guy. A minor character at most, but really didn't contribute much. Also possibly Hilgya.

You mean Pompey?

Weiser_Cain
2008-08-19, 02:25 AM

She has to have that baby
Belkar is my least favorite because he's scum. He edges out Elan who was the first guy I didn't like. He got better though once he got more adventure-y.