PDA

View Full Version : Where's it all coming from?...

krossbow
2008-07-26, 01:16 PM
Geez. where's all that puke coming from with belkar. Look at the most recent strip and the massive amount on the floor.

There's no logical way for a body that small to hold that much vomit inside of him without having a readily noticable outside appearance, such as bloating. Does that mark have a "conjure throw up" cantrip or something?

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-26, 01:18 PM
Stop asking these questions and laugh at the absurdity. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfFunny)

FujinAkari
2008-07-26, 01:56 PM
Its a magical curse. Magic, by definition, defies the laws of reality.

Falconer
2008-07-26, 04:09 PM
There's no logical way for a body that small to hold that much vomit inside of him without having a readily noticable outside appearance, such as bloating. Does that mark have a "conjure throw up" cantrip or something?

It works the same way they can fit several wagons into a small leather bag, or make a pile of bones get up and walk around, or suddenly shoot lightning from their hands, or make illusions appear out of nowhere, or predict the future, or get ressurected, or...

Magic. It is not supposed to be logical.

David Argall
2008-07-26, 04:14 PM
As long as you are quibbling, we can note the puddle changes size and shape as well.

However, as noted, it's funny and therefore, it is.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-07-26, 04:27 PM
Well, it turns out that Belkar's great-grandmother is Mr. Creosote (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Creosote)'s mother's aunt, which makes them second cousins once removed. So I'm guessing it's genetic.

Though, I think Belkar still needed a bit of the magic to generate the volume of naseous waste, whereas it just comes naturally for Mr. Creosote.

Oh, my God. I never thought I'd actually willingly reference that sickening sketch! :-O

krossbow
2008-07-26, 04:33 PM
Well, it turns out that Belkar's great-grandmother is Mr. Creosote (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Creosote)'s mother's aunt, which makes them second cousins once removed. So I'm guessing it's genetic.

Though, I think Belkar still needed a bit of the magic to generate the volume of naseous waste, whereas it just comes naturally for Mr. Creosote.

Oh, my God. I never thought I'd actually willingly reference that sickening sketch! :-O

Oh god... Not mr creosote!

I had almost forgotten all about that disgusting scene! Damn you! damn you to hell!

>.<

dragonseth
2008-07-26, 09:15 PM

I had almost forgotten all about that disgusting scene! Damn you! damn you to hell!

>.<

You can never forget that scene. It will haunt your brain for all eternity, making you laugh uncontrollably.

Trazoi
2008-07-26, 09:27 PM
Maybe Belkar has a Stomach of Holding?

Ironwolf172
2008-07-27, 06:29 AM
Geez. where's all that puke coming from with belkar. Look at the most recent strip and the massive amount on the floor.

Well last I checked OOTS was a COMIC STRIP. You can take your logic someplace else.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-07-27, 11:20 AM

>.<
Sorry, but my misery wanted some company. :smallfrown:

Well last I checked OOTS was a COMIC STRIP. You can take your logic someplace else.
So a story doesn't need logic to make sense?

FujinAkari
2008-07-27, 11:30 AM

"The most important element of fantasy is realism" -J.R.R. Tolkein

Logic and Immersion are -extremely- important to a story... not the most important (See Rule of Funny) but there is certainly nothing wrong with the OO's query.

Check that attitude at the door.

krossbow
2008-07-27, 02:35 PM
The more i think about it, the more i like the idea of the mark doing periodic summon food and summon water into his stomach. It keeps the victim from dieing from an inability to eat or drink.

I mean, if they wanted him dead, they would have just made the mark an exploding rune on his head that would activate when he breaks a rule (and while i'm aware he could normally survive an exploding rune, i personally think one on your forehead would count as a coup de grace)

JohnnyPsycho
2008-07-27, 06:17 PM
The sheer lack of people who know the Mantra (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MST3KMantra) is disturbing...

Just chant this a few times, and all troubles with logic will be soothed...

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 06:32 PM
Seriously folks; 'Nyy Psycho is correct. We should not be nit-picking over silly little nuances which occur in the comic with no rhyme or reason.

AceOfFools
2008-07-27, 10:06 PM
He goes for days in dungeon crawling fools without finding a restroom. Days. And it's established in the bonus material that, yes, the cast eats during that time.

So yeah, stick figures can hold a surprising quantity of food in their boxy little bodies.

Ferrous
2008-07-27, 10:13 PM
He goes for days in dungeon crawling fools without finding a restroom. Days. And it's established in the bonus material that, yes, the cast eats during that time.

So yeah, stick figures can hold a surprising quantity of food in their boxy little bodies.

It's a stomach of holding.

Red XIV
2008-07-27, 10:51 PM
A wizard did it. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AWizardDidIt)

Halvormerlinaky
2008-07-28, 01:54 AM
You can never forget that scene. It will haunt your brain for all eternity, making you laugh uncontrollably.

There's always acid, and I don't mean the recreational kind.

The Extinguisher
2008-07-28, 02:01 AM
Maybe Belkar has a Stomach of Holding?

Oh, I was just going to make that joke.