PDA

View Full Version : Craziest Campaign Romances

Moofin Bard
2008-07-26, 02:19 PM
So I want to know, what was the scandalous romance that has ever happened or is happening now with a character of yours? Or if your character was just an innocent bystander?

Here's mine:
Me and my friends had started an evil campaign. My friends are a little different and we do D&D our own way. My character was a chaotic evil bard named Poison. My friend Sam's character was a neutral wizard named Lord Galdecon. My other friend Jake's character was a chaotic evil fighter named Maverick who liked to paint people's dead bodies with their fluids. Now, Lord Galdecon was trying to court Poison with the help of Maverick basically because she's hot. So knowing this, my character used him to get her own way because in votes, two on your side goes a long way. After he was no longer useful, she shot him with an arrow as he slept. Anyone else?

Dairun Cates
2008-07-26, 03:02 PM
So I want to know, what was the scandalous romance that has ever happened or is happening now with a character of yours? Or if your character was just an innocent bystander?

Here's mine:
Me and my friends had started an evil campaign. My friends are a little different and we do D&D our own way. My character was a chaotic evil bard named Poison. My friend Sam's character was a neutral wizard named Lord Galdecon. My other friend Jake's character was a chaotic evil fighter named Maverick who liked to paint people's dead bodies with their fluids. Now, Lord Galdecon was trying to court Poison with the help of Maverick basically because she's hot. So knowing this, my character used him to get her own way because in votes, two on your side goes a long way. After he was no longer useful, she shot him with an arrow as he slept. Anyone else?

Romance... not normally the content of our campaigns, but it's come up on rare occasions. I'll give you the short version of one.

Boy adventures. Boy finds town. Town has fertility festival. Boy meets girls. Boy dislikes girls because they're ditzy and forceful. Boy meets other girl. Girl saves Boy from Ditzy Girls. Boy drinks festival ale. Boy finds out festival ale has nightmarishly hallucinogenic effects on virgins. Boy threatens bartender for not telling him this. Boy hallucinates, revealing sexual history to entire town. Ditzy girls steal boy's regular clothes and dress him in embarrassing prince clothes. Boy has no other sets of clothes on hand. Boy threatens barkeep again. Boy tells entire town that his own personal history is nobody's business.

Boy finds out hallucinations may be permanent in his case. Boy panics. Boy meets ditzy girls again. Boy curses God. Boy meets Girl again. Boy begs Girl to save him. Girl blackmails and extorts from Boy. Boy cheats in festival to get antidote. Boy LOSES despite being the most talented spell caster in miles. Boy is forced to protect Unicorn out of obligation to Blackmailing Girl. Boy finds Unicorn. Boy finds out Unicorn IS the Blackmailing Girl. Boy realizes Unicorns are a**holes.

Hunters attack Unicorn. Boy shields Unicorn with his own body out of stupid code of personal honor. Boy is severely injured. Boy proceeds to protect Unicorn from various threats getting severely injured each time. Boy gets told Girl's right to exist is being revoked. Boy gets angry.

Girl gets kidnapped for sick lab experiments. Boy goes to rescue girl. Boy goes through more indescribable hell and several annoying spell-casters. Boy finds Girl fighting giant demon. Girl sacrifices herself to seal demon. Boy gets pissed. Boy goes on rampage. Boy levels and gains first level in Shaman prestige class completely from role-playing experience.

Boy finds out Girl is actually unborn child's soul. Boy is confused. Boy goes through MORE HELL. Boy visits parents. Boy goes through worst hell of all. Boy resurrects Girl and unseal demon. Girl goes to investigate. Boy overthrows portion of major city's political structure in one night over a misunderstanding with a bar and a unicorn cult.

Boy saves friends from impossible ambush and almost loses life in process. Boy loses spell-casting abilities and the strength to lift a weapon for a while. Boy proceeds to use body to shield innocents while evil copy version of Boy saves the day. Boy is sealed on the astral plane and manages to get Girl kidnapped again.

Boy is tortured horribly. Boy is tortured worse by friend's attempts to summon him back. Boy's body is put in meat grinder. Boy's Body is turned into Fish woman in most disturbing marriage ceremony ever. Boy begins to hate life.

Boy's friends fight Boy's twin sister's body possessed by villain. Boy breaks enchantment with catchy musical number inside Demon's head. Boy comes back as 1/50th Golem. Boy channels power of love to help defeat Demon. Boy finds this cheesy.

Other demon uses chance to take control. Boy's Bear-man ally cuts other Demon's head off before it can talk. Boy fall unconscious from exhaustion. Boy finds out entire thing was test set up by relatives and teachers to become Girl's Guardian and protector. Boy gets hilarious revenge on teacher.

Boy gets epilogue.

Boy gets Girl.

Yeah. I had a character fall in love with the spirit of an unborn child put into the form of a unicorn. The funny thing was that the Unicorn was even more scathingly sarcastic than my character. Hell, he looked like a Knight in Shining Armor next to her.

Edit note: YES! That is the short version. The real one is long and confusing. It spanned an entire campaign starting from session 2 and ending at like session 12. Thanks to my character's bad luck and ability to see short bursts of the future, he went through some of the worst things a character should ever have to go through from being swallowed by Jello Bunnies to having to tell humiliating stories from military school to get past a demonic door. I think the GM was getting revenge on me.

KillianHawkeye
2008-07-27, 06:15 AM
Horrific story...

I think that is probably the most messed up thing I have ever heard. :smallconfused:

Uin
2008-07-27, 06:43 AM
My DM is a creepy guy. Any possible romance Grath of Kord (Crusader 4) may encounter would be tainted by this fact.

Ascension
2008-07-27, 09:19 AM
One of my DMs had an NPC nymph seduce my character once just to prevent him from resting and regaining spells. He would've tarried even longer with her if the party's (female) leader hadn't physically dragged him away from her.

...and I still had enough spells left over from the previous day to make it through the whole session.

DraPrime
2008-07-27, 09:24 AM
Well there was a potential romance between my Hexblade and an npc necromancer. They would have been a good couple actually, but I decided that I was not going to do it because I dislike dead stuff.

UglyPanda
2008-07-27, 09:27 AM
Stuff
Well that is really f'd up beyond all relief. I'd actually like to see the full story.

I've never really dealt with campaign romance because usually the group I'm in is either full of guys or too distracted by side-plots to have time for it.

Glyde
2008-07-27, 09:59 AM
Hm, not too crazy I don't think. Well, maybe. It's between two characters. Mine (Half Ibixian / Minotaur Exalted Cleric of Good (I was told to be creative...)) and a Star Elf Bard.

The interesting thing is that in the end, he came on to her. The her being my character, of course. He went as far as changing his alignment from TN (Borderline evil, but that's another issue all together about problem players... Hah.) to NG, matching her alignment. Atoned for his sins (Stealing from helpless old people for the sake of stealing / helping the obviously evil Tiefling rogue. So TN, right?)

The 'First kiss' as they say wasn't done in character, but I was writing little side-posts of what the characters did during downtime. Everyone pressured me into doing them, and they were enjoyed, and this one didn't come as any surprise. Well, except to maybe one person, but we don't talk about him. He's a ninny.

Anyways, yeah. It was in Neverwinter, among one of the many waterfalls. Rydia (Cleric) was having issues with a recent adventure (Kidnapping of the PCs and jailbreak... It wasn't pretty), and the Bard decided to help cheer her up. Cheer her up he did and then the roles switched quite quickly if you understand my meaning.

Anyways, later on Rydia died (Petrified in a special way, plot hook, needed an item to get her back) and I played a celestial disguised as an old man (Folks may remember my thread asking about a VoP character. Thanks to everyone who suggested swordsage. This guy kicked copious amounts of ass to the moon.) His inventory consisted of "Beard" and "Straw Hat"

The celestial was there to observe the party and see if they would be worthy enough to have Rydia back. (His name was Gnosis by the way. Hehehehe...) Sure enough, the party did mend their... More than questionable ways, obtained the item, and got the much needed healer back.

Currently I'm playing Rydia with Leadership and a slightly toned down Gnosis at her side. Rydia is two (Or three, can't remember) levels behind everyone, but that's okay, she achieved sainthood after that (+2 LA). The relationship hasn't been too active after that. I think the bard's just scared of a seven foot tall glowing fuzzy minotaur... thing.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, what the bard used to cheer her up with was a magical amulet with the holy symbol of Eldath on it (She used to worship Eldath exclusively.) Unidentified, of course. the DM jumped at the opportunity to have work done for him and had it the cause of Rydia's petrification later on.

Conners
2008-07-27, 10:52 AM
In one campaign, where we were defending a castle from the forces of evil, I had a romance (though short-lived since the game stopped, like most PbP games). I was a Drow Fighter/Cleric (a 6' 00" one...), who used a magic ring to make himself look like a surface elf (though still a 6' 00" surface elf).

The woman of the romance was an evil elven spellcaster NPC, the Female General's sister. Basically, I was planning on helping her betray the General, but she went all psycho and screwed it up, losing an eye in the process (I offered to heal her eye back in, but she said it was fine since she liked the eyepatch--the insane kobold who removed here eye kept it as a trinket......). She seemed to be suddenly normal, however, and it was believed that her eye was cursed in a way that controlled her mind--that of course turned out to be a load of BS.

After locking up the evil sister, my Drow suggested we interrogated her -- she was working with the forces of evil -- to find out what we could about the enemy (his loyalty was typically drowish--though he's still "good" considering his upbringing). There were no Iron-Maidens or disgusting hooks, and the worst thing my drow did was slap her to the floor (HARD, and with spiked gauntlets) then pull her to the wall by her hair--as well as act very intimidating. By the end of it, she seemed very intimidated--I think it turned her on :smalleek:...

There would've been more stuff, my Drow was infatuated enough to consider finding a way to release/redeem her (if possible without bringing harm to himself). But, then the campaign ended, so I didn't get to continue the fun escapade...

On another note, another player of the campaign, a human warmage who apologized to every elf he met for something terrible he did to their race (he wouldn't say what...), had a romance with the general. It was more that she had a crush on him, then he fell for her when she was crying for some reason (I think it was the strain of her duty). That's about all I can say about the relationship (they did kiss once, if you're interested).

In my current campaign, my 12 year-old Darkhunter (a homebrew race of honourable warrior humans, crunch the same as human) fighter boy may crush on the Eladrin sorceress (I think her character's 18 or 19) in the party. Should the two of them be in another campaign together, when he's older (about sixteen) I think I'll have him propose and ask her to come back with him to his homeland.

That's all I have for the moment, but I did have several planned romances which didn't work out. I do still have a few planned ones left--and will post them should something interesting happen.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-07-27, 11:51 AM
Sigil Prep (http://www.sigilprep.com/) original campaign (http://plothook.net/RPG/forumdisplay.php?f=178): Days of Our Lives with Magic Missile and tentacles. And pudding.

Seems to have calmed down in year two, though. Most of the really messed up characters got married to each other, for one thing.

Assuming I've actually piqued your curiosity, this archive (http://shemeska.clawz.com/archive/index.htm) is slightly easier to read.

Dairun Cates
2008-07-27, 01:20 PM
Ah. Just released. Changing this line

Boy finds out Unicorn is Blackmailing Girl.

to this

Boy finds out Unicorn IS the Blackmailing Girl.

helps clear some things up. I just didn't want to keep typing unicorn. But yeah, it was a bit weird. I've talked about the weirdness of that campaign before on a couple of occasions, but I never really discussed the characters ongoing romance, because it was essentially the entire campaign for him.

What can I say? That's what happens when a cynical, unlucky, uncharismatic character with a secret unbreakable code of honor who has spent his life in his twin sister's shadow gets tricked into protecting a forest spirit that is smarter, wiser, and funnier than he is.

Of course, the Code of Honor was actually a feat that gave him a pretty hefty bonus of +1 to almost everything when he enforced it. It's really the only reason he survived.

Silence
2008-07-27, 01:38 PM
I had a CHA 22 Bard make love to six different women in one night. Not a long term relationship, but the GM still gave me 500XP for it.

Frosty
2008-07-27, 01:47 PM
I had a CHA 22 Bard make love to six different women in one night. Not a long term relationship, but the GM still gave me 500XP for it.

Did you roleplay it really well?

EndlessWrath
2008-07-27, 01:55 PM
We tend to not have super crazy romance in my crew, due to the 6 guys and 1 girl (not single)... Although the recent campaign led to her using our Half-Orc barbarian for all her rogue-ish needs with her charisma score of 12 and a lot of role-playing. funny thing is, he ended up sacrificing himself to save her in the end of the campaign, after of course lots of fights and jealousy matches.

otherwise we had a pbp going, and with our dm role-playing a ton, one of the girl characters liked mine (unfortunately it was naruto so all characters under the age of 14. (mine was 12))

We ended up having a session table top at burger king XD. He tried to role-play it, but kept laughing every time he looked up. I gave him the googly eyes loverboy face, little to say, that campaign died quickly...

but hey? what are friends for?

Silence
2008-07-27, 04:49 PM
Did you roleplay it really well?

Is it possible not to play a 22 year old half drunk, hormone raged 22 charisma bard well?

Eita
2008-07-27, 06:33 PM

I'm surprised you passed your Constitution check each time.

Dairun Cates
2008-07-27, 06:35 PM
Is it possible not to play a 22 year old half drunk, hormone raged 22 charisma bard well?

Oh. It's actually quite easy to do so.

Silence
2008-07-27, 08:35 PM
I'm surprised you passed your Constitution check each time.

He didn't make me do a con check each time. I was actually jacked up on a weird drug stimulant the entire time.

Prometheus
2008-07-27, 09:08 PM
The players had a random NPC encounter with a Djinn Leader of a tribe of nomads. The paladin decided that she was smitten and had an on going romance. They arranged to be married but before they were I had him start a conversation like this ("There's someone I want you to meet...my wife" as he introduces another NPC who then says "I've heard so much about you..."). Turns out he's a polygamist (that's when knowledge local or planes might help out). She ended up being okay with it, and I actually incorporated them both in the campaign more and more. The paladin's Leadership feat, for example, corresponds to being a Queen of sorts.

Tough_Tonka
2008-07-27, 09:23 PM
I rarely get to play as a character enough to have my own story. However, one of my players who was playing a Kryn minotaur had a one night stand with a powerful baroness during her daughter's wedding.

TheOOB
2008-07-27, 09:37 PM
It wasn't a romance per say, but there was an interesting...shall I say love story in a 7th sea campaign I played in.

My character was a dashing swordsman, his steel almost as quick as his wit, famous across theah(europe) for his expertise in the fields of song and dance. Naturally my character attracted his share of fan-girls, but there was only one problem, my character wasn't a "he" at all, but rather a girl disguised as a man to escape from her past(and to gain more rights, Voddace(itallian) women have little rights in theah). My characters complete rejection of these fan-girls make the rest of my party think my character was homo-sexual(when in fact the exact opposite was true). One fan-girl in particular was very persistent, in part because I had rescued her so many times, and eventually to scare her off I revealed my characters secret to her. Unfortunately, her being a bored 3rd child of a noble in 17th century Montaigne(france) looking for whatever adventure and excitement she could find, that didn't work out quite as planned. Till the end of the campaign she continued to pop up, and she was the only thing my character truely feared.

skywalker
2008-07-27, 09:54 PM
Not really a romance, but... Once upon a time, we true-rezzed a compatriot(big spenders, right?). Actually, this is funny, we knew we were gonna true-rez her(because we don't like level loss) and so we burned her body on a funeral pyre. When we got her rezzed, the DM(I guess he thought flavorfully) described her as reappearing naked. Let me point out two words in that previous sentence: described her as reappearing naked. The randy guy in our group(who was playing a minotaur) pipes up with "I grab her and take her back to my quarters." To which the DM(horrifyingly) simply looks at her and asks for her action. She(even more horrifyingly) calmly looks at him and says "I wait until we're back to his room... now what's the improvisation penalty on disable device?" Right before she rolled a natural 20.

With my current group, we were raiding a castle(3.5) and I was the only one interested in finding treasure. So I searched a room, which turned out to be that of the (teenage)princess. The DM said something about finding lots of female undergarments. In our current campaign(4.0), my warlord went home with an NPC, at which time the DM's wife presented me with a hand-crafted miniature wardrobe, which had been panty-raided. I will treasure it forever.

Glyde
2008-07-27, 10:19 PM
Ah, I just remembered, but it pales in comparison with my other one.

This dates back a loong time ago, a 2e campaign. My half-fiend (Glabrezu) Blade had previously romanced an Aasimar (sp) and she had volunteered to hold down the fort in his pocket plane.

Being chaotic neutral at his best, while traveling the Realms my Blade had managed to win the heart of cutie human wizard (He's in a disguise while in Faerun, just to clarify...) who some *might* recognize from an adventure involving an academy in the swamp, star mistress something something, a vampire druid, whatever.

Anyways, she's still kicking. And behind *her* back, Mr. Blade also tried to woo a cohort of another character, a human rogue. She got pulverized in one shot one day, and that was the end of that.

Cut to present day, after converting to 3e. The Aasimar still has no intention of traveling with the Blade (But still remains loyal to him, he visits quite a bit) and the Human wizard still thinks that she is his honey-bun, though a bit freaked out after learning his race. By the rules she's my Blade's cohort / henchman now, so I now more or less have a free wand of lightning bolt shaped like a woman.

nargbop
2008-07-27, 10:26 PM
Not "romance" per say, but one of my friends had his PC raped by a dragon. It was a major background character dragon, too, so no small potatoes.
He had left the group earlier. I was leading the main group out of hiding (we were in severe mistrust-and-backstabbing mode) and teleported to a "safe" spot, a dragon business partner's cave. He arrived moments after the dragon excused herself, leading all reasonable people in the group to think that she had exposed us.
The PC was wearing the Seven Veils from the Magic Item Compendium. Lots of flowing robes and cloths and things, of all different colors. The dragon saw fit to interrogate this stranger before allowing him into her cavern; she had lots of things to protect after all. It led to
"Oh really? What is it you do for Torval?"
"I am a HIRED SWORD, madam."
"Of course, of course. Say, I've never mated with a <i>gay</i> knight before." Polymorph!
Significant giggling ensued. The rest of the party went off to do important things while the poor player realistically roleplayed being shapechanged against his will, dragged underwater by someone thrice his size, and the rest.
The epilogue contained seven new half-dragon babies.

EndlessWrath
2008-07-27, 10:31 PM
Most recent one in an evil campaign:
Guy kills person. Person's daughter swears revenge on zed guy. Guy finds this girl, disguises...seduces the woman into making love and then seduces her husband into as well. Then her best friend and half the remaining party =/. Then he removes the mask and reveals himself as the killer. After his 3 hours of happy time they finally kill him and his d-bagness. My role in this? I played the neutral bard who passes on the story.

Thorosofmyr
2008-07-27, 10:34 PM
Like many others here, the campaigns I'm a part of are usually very light on the romance. Granted, the games I tend to play in are action/adventure oriented more-so than deep roleplay, but I have come across one or two instances that worked out alright. I'll be condensing a bit of information, sorry if it's confusing.

I co-gmed a game for about 2 years before it ran out of steam. It was a fairly modded d20 BESM game set in the near future, and we worked our best to incorporate a lot of Anime themes. One of our players wrote up a fairly detailed backstory involving his budding relationship with a girl he met while he was training/studying in Japan.

This was of course before he was forcibly turned into a demon and lost all his memories.

Toward the end of the campaign she was finally incorporated into the game as a gun toting secret organization member sent to kill demons, also with amnesia. Think Matrix Trinity mixed with equilibrium Clerics. Take away the katanas.

In the last scene of the season (all the PCs trapped in a hell-tech airship carrying nuclear warheads about to crash into the earth) she finally regained her memories, and they vowed never to be apart again.

There was another character (also a demon, it's a theme) who also wrote up a really nice backstory. It incorporated her growing up in the streets of Russia until a super cat burglar trained her (think ninja, super acrobat, much less suicide and fighting samurai) . Near the end of the backstory she killed him when he got drunk and tried to violate her. She ended up taking his place in the thief bit and moving on from there.

With him being dead, we had to incorporate him as a cyborg demon undead ninja, who spoke Russian. We had some fun with him.

He met his climactic end in a one on one duel to the death while she defended a child (the basic anime personification of the helpless and innocent) in the before mentioned falling nuke carrying hell-tech airship. He revealed his true feelings in his final selfless actions, confessing his love for her. It's that kind of anime, he was a villan with a heart underneath all of the dead ninja trained cyborg demon exterior.

Ya, it was an odd game. I loved it so much...

Vortling
2008-07-27, 10:35 PM
I don't have any in-character crazy romances but at one point I was playing a female character (I'm male) while my ex-girlfriend DM'd my character's male love interest. Amusingly, I left that campaign for completely different reasons.

Silence
2008-07-27, 10:36 PM
Not "romance" per say, but one of my friends had his PC raped by a dragon. It was a major background character dragon, too, so no small potatoes.
He had left the group earlier. I was leading the main group out of hiding (we were in severe mistrust-and-backstabbing mode) and teleported to a "safe" spot, a dragon business partner's cave. He arrived moments after the dragon excused herself, leading all reasonable people in the group to think that she had exposed us.
The PC was wearing the Seven Veils from the Magic Item Compendium. Lots of flowing robes and cloths and things, of all different colors. The dragon saw fit to interrogate this stranger before allowing him into her cavern; she had lots of things to protect after all. It led to
"Oh really? What is it you do for Torval?"
"I am a HIRED SWORD, madam."
"Of course, of course. Say, I've never mated with a <i>gay</i> knight before." Polymorph!
Significant giggling ensued. The rest of the party went off to do important things while the poor player realistically roleplayed being shapechanged against his will, dragged underwater by someone thrice his size, and the rest.
The epilogue contained seven new half-dragon babies.

....Really, there's no possible way for a RP session to go worse.

EndlessWrath
2008-07-27, 10:38 PM
....Really, there's no possible way for a RP session to go worse.

I dunno... raped twice by a tarrasque who's been enlarged and given mechanized body parts =/

Silence
2008-07-27, 10:47 PM
I dunno... raped twice by a tarrasque who's been enlarged and given mechanized body parts =/

No, not really. You would simply die. His **** is at least huge size category.

Curmudgeon
2008-07-27, 11:30 PM
Oh, this was a long time ago, back in 1st edition AD&D. My character was an Assassin, pretending to be (just) a Thief. He was also a religious fanatic, with a big hang-up on dark-haired curvy women (the image of his Goddess, you see). Anyway, his penchant for killing off prisoners got him booted out of the party. So I re-entered the game with a Fighter character, and got friendly with the party leader, a curvy, dark-haired female Fighter played by my roommate. As things progressed I invited her up to my room one night, and she agreed. We lit some candles and opened a bottle of wine. Of course it was drugged, and she woke up stripped, tied to the bed, and gagged. Midnight on the new moon was the most fitting time to make an offering to the Goddess of the Night.

You see, in those days Assassins were the only ones with disguise skills; I hadn't rolled up a new character at all. Since the Goddess sacrifice was sexual rather than fatal, she figured she got off easy. And my character proved his worth as an infiltrator.

Is that crazy/twisted enough for you?

Helgraf
2008-07-28, 12:15 AM
Hmmmm. Hmm. Craziest. That's ... difficult.

With some DMs I'm more comfortable playing into a romance plot/subplot/background than others.

Also, definition of romance comes into play.

Hmmm.

There's the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game where my Ogre (formerly human, but it beat becoming a mutant and being killed) basically does whatever the female elf in the party asks him to. But that's not so much out of romance as having to do with the fact that Ogre society is most definitely matriarical - and the only other female PC in the group prior to that was a Halfling - and no, the Ogre does not view the appetizer as deserving of obediance...

Hmmm.

There's a number of oddball 7th Sea characters I've played with romantic entanglements. Star-Crossed Hubris tends to make your love life ... complicated. Falling in love with all the wrong people.

Jarl
2008-07-28, 02:54 AM
Game I'm playing a session of right now over IRC:
My girl is an orky barbarian who, in the first session (in response to an insult against her amazonian good looks) rattled off a list of the men who have lusted after her and gone mad for lack of being with her. This is born out in gameplay, where two party members (the human swashbuckler and the medium red dragon wyrmling) have both fallen head-over-heels for her. As it's a "mature" game with mostly "open" players, we've RPed the encounters...

-No three ways yet, but who knows ;)

EndgamerAzari
2008-07-28, 08:41 AM
WARNING: Long post is LOOOOOOONG.

Since I've only ever played a character through an entire campaign once, I suppose her story is, by default, the craziest.

Agatha "Rose" Amastacia started out as a tomboyish, frumpy, kinda-fugly arena fighter, using weapons and armor cobbled together from scrap metal and a fishing spear. Side note: This was in Savage Tide campaign, modified to include the main characters from Revolutionary Girl Utena (don't ask). As anyone who knows anything about the series will tell you, lesbian innuendo abound. Anyway, the shy, uncouth, kinda-homely Rose quickly fell for Morgan, the bishie drow pirate played by a good friend of mine (he's one of her trademark characters), who was smitten with the elf version of Juri from the aforementioned series, played by the DM's wife (who, of course, always gets saddled as being what we like to call the 'plotbitch'). So Rose was almost the only really single member of the party (well, the engaged paladin with a stick up his ass the size of a redwood kinda counted), and was outmatched for the man she admired (even though he was CE and she was CG) by a woman much more sophisticated and beautiful.

I tried not to make Rose into the "hot fighter chick", but it kinda happened anyway. About a quarter of the way through the campaign she became a follower of Gwynharwyf (one of the few canon gods left after the DM's unnecessary mutilation of the cosmos), and began to go through a few changes. Becoming less angry and more righteous, she started undergoing physical changes as well, becoming more like her divine patron in not only might but in looks as well.

The fact that Juri was involved with one of the campaign-spanning bad guys, not to mention a major female NPC soon got to Morgan, and he finally started to realize he had other options. By this point Rose was a celestial powerhouse (I won't go into the cheese I pulled with her) and was finally starting to get the party's attention. Most noticeably was the affection/admiration/unbridled lust of the party's Archivist, Y'sera the female Yaun-Ti pureblood, whom she saved from having her body destroyed by dropping out of a fly spell, catching her body as it plummeted towards a pool of lava, tearing off a lock of her own hair, and using it to tie Y'sera's hands around her shoulders so she could have her hands free. Needless to say, that skinny little snake-girl had some pretty Rosy thoughts running through her serpentine brain after that day, but Rose--brave, strong, (by now) beautiful and kind, but not the brightest--didn't notice.

It came to pass that Rose's first sexual experience was at the hands (no comment) of her goddess. I was somewhat pissed at the DM for that, as he was obviously doing it just to screw with me, personally (I've got a bit of a reputation as a prude), but for RP's sake, even if you're straight and they're the same gender, you do NOT pass up sex with your divine patron.

In conclusion, Rose ended up getting her man--though it took one helluva divine penny to drop before Morgan realized the smartest move. As a result, she ended up becoming the queen of a whole nation of desert drow and was slowly but surely trying to turn Morgan away from his drowy nastiness. Morgan also took Y'sera on as his consort, but she was really in it for Rose.

So yeah. I usually don't get into deep character relationships or even personalities--I'm under the impression that everyone hates everyone else's backstories and personal plots, so I try to steer clear-- but I look back on this one with pride, not only because of the way the character developed, but also because I kept her straight so long in a world where 90% of the populace was at LEAST bi-curious. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I've seen geeky guys play lesbians toooooo many times.)

DigoDragon
2008-07-28, 09:58 AM
My group rarely has any romances occur... could count them all on one intact human hand. I think the only noteable one was between the group's ranger and an NPC cleric, but that was pretty level and mundane. For crazy... I recall only two that occured. This was the funnier one--

One of my players had a Rogue/Sorcerer named Nagumo who was quite loose with women. This became a reputation of his and tended to attract unwanted attention to the party. So to take his character's ego down a notch I had created a new, wonderfully seedy Taven-Inn when the party stopped at a newly discovered city.

All the barmaids in this specific Tavern-Inn were quite good looking and their aprons had a set number of stars between 1 and 7. When someone asked the bartender what the stars meant, he said it was their rank of "experience" *wink wink* :smallwink: Nagumo didn't get the true meaning of that and so started picking up barmaids for the long cold night tonight. He picked out a "3 star" for 8PM and a "5 star" for 8:30PM and a "7 star" for 8:45PM (to which he said, "Bring a Friend").

At 8PM, Nagumo is all washed up and ready for his first fling. There's a knock on the door. Nagumo goes to answer it. It's a female assasin with a poisoned dagger. Nagumo dodges the attack and runs for his weapon by the bed. The assasin is quicker and they wrestle around the floor for several rounds, the assasin using only non-lethal attacks. Nagumo finally breaks free and jumps out the window... three stories up. :smallamused: The Inn's awning broke his fall and Nagumo hit the ground running into an alley. He looks back to see the assasin with a dumb-founded look searching for him, but gives up quickly and leaves.

Nagumo bandages up the cuts he took from the fall and climbs back up into his room. The assasin is gone, and took nothing of his stuff. Nagumo starts getting dressed when there's a knock at the door. Nagumo ignores it and continues dressing. The knock returns-- louder. Nagumo grabs his rapier and goes to the door, opening it slowly. He finds his "5 star" date in a nun's outfit weilding a large heavy mace. The door gets kicked in and now Nagumo is wrestling with this nun who has every intention of hog-tying Nagumo and hanging him by his legs.

Meanwhile, at the tavern portion of the building, Vincent (ranger) and Shiro (monk) were having a late night snack and chatting with the bartender on what this city's finer points are for newcomers like the party. They hear Nagumo scream for help and both characters jump to their feet. The bartender smiles and is glad that Nagumo is having a nice time. Vincent questions the bartender: "Wait, exactly what kind of experience are these barmaids posessing?"

The bartender explains, "This is an Inn for those into BDSM. You know, that kinky kind of stuff your friend's into. We don't advertise it up front since a lot of the city guard are a bit wary of our practices, but I figured since your friend was making dates the he knew what he was getting into. It's non-lethal up to 3 stars, heavy weapons start at 5. After 6 stars it can get pretty intense with ma-"

The explinaton was cut short with Nagumo screaming "That mace doesn't go there!!" Vincent and Shiro ran up stairs and found Nagumo half tied up with a nun on his back playing "horsie". The two wrestle the nun off and try to explain the mistaken situation to her. She graciously apologized and helped pick up the battered Nagumo from his fetal position on the floor. Just then two ladies in plate mail decorated with 7 stars and weilding spiked chains show up.

:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:

The next morning the party found Nagumo sitting in the corner covered in bandages and suffering from an acute phobia to barmaids. :smallbiggrin: The other players never let him live it down since.

mistformsquirrl
2008-07-28, 10:12 AM
Only ever had one romance occur in-game that actually lasted at all.*

Basically, my character had just lost the love of his life (she was kidnapped at the start of the campaign, and eventually possessed by a demon, we had to kill her to banish her); and his mind snaps.

So he took a prestige class from a 3rd party sourcebook (I can't remember what it was called) that let you create living creatures... with the catch that your creations slowly go insane if you don't pay the upkeep on them, as they are imperfect and soulless. (You are after all, just a mortal, not a god)

He tried to clone her several times, and when that failed, started thinking himself beyond humanity, having somehow ascended to godhood (He wasn't); and created his own archangels etc...

Anyway, he's finally snapped out of his delusions after a year or so (of gametime, not realtime) by the DMs bard NPC, who's actually been with us since the start; but my character only started to notice her after hearing her sing on the balcony one evening.

This resulted in about 50 different plots by him to attract the bard, resulting in more than a few err... 'interesting' creations.

Never did quite get her either; when the campaign ended he was still trying to woo her.

(In the next campaign, which I DMed, the character ascended to godhood and started ineptly travelling the cosmos <x_X> ... long story that)

*I should say "Lasted through the campaign, instead of only really occurring in the epilogue.

SmartAlec
2008-07-28, 11:12 AM
Seen one or two inter-party relationships go kind-of wrong or just plain start out wrong, but one of the more unconventional and - oddly - one of the sweetest happened between a party member and a recurring NPC villain. Bit of a long one, this, as it was quite subtle - so subtle, most of the party (including me) hadn't been aware of it until the end.

And it wasn't particularly expected - the party member was named Wendell (his last name escapes my recollection), the current party's Wizard, a driven genius in his late 30's whose only mistress was his magic and whose primary motivation for adventuring was to accumulate the cash needed to fund his studies, acquire ancient lore and eventually to build a tower of his own where he could put it all. In the party, he was often the voice of cold reason and logic. The player himself never really showed much interest in the whole fantasy romance thing.

That was until the party crossed paths with Marta Ortell, a villainess necromancer who'd lost a teacher's position at a well-known magical academy for an unhealthy obsession with perfecting Necromancy.The party tried to help a village on the outskirts of the province from being overrun by her creations - zombies that had been near-frozen by ice elementals bound to battle standards carried by the zombies. These were tougher, heavier, and more durable as a result of the freezing. Wendell's reaction was very different to the rest of the party, but quite consistent with the character ("That's brilliant!") and the party's eventual victory came about because they were able to capture one of the battle standards, Wendell was able to reverse-engineer it and exploit the conditions of the elemental binding to make the zombies much more manageable. In the eventual confrontation, he managed to stop Marta from causing too much trouble with her spells while the rest of the party dealt with her minions, but she escaped.

Every now and again, though, she'd crop up somewhere else in the world, causing trouble with schemes that were more and more arcanely complex and intricate to the point of seeming completely impractical. For his part, he started insisting the party investigate any rumours or hints of undead activity they came across.

After three or four more skirmishes over the course of an adventuring year, the party finally put together the clues to track Miss. Ortell to her sanctum, to deal with her for good. They fought their way through her haunted castle hidden among mountains, but when they cornered her in her lair she made it clear that it wasn't her lair at all, and that she had an escape route all ready. The only reason she'd stayed around was to make Wendell an offer to join her, and help her in her researches - his unravelling of her first scheme had convinced her of his intelligence and her later schemes had been more to attract his attention than anything else. He told her he couldn't (not with the rest of the party looking on, anyway), but made it clear that his main motivation for coming was to try to convince her to give up necromancy and instead put her mind to other, less macabre schools of magic.

I guess neither of them had any points in Diplomacy, as neither really convinced the other, but after Wendell's refusal, she apparently decided not to flee after all, but fight to the death. After the dust cleared, though, Wend refused to let the party take her head to collect the reward for her death, and instead had his share of the treasure they'd found split amongst the rest of the party to compensate. And why? Because he insisted on giving her a proper burial.

*snif* :smallfrown: Actually made us fairly guilty about killing the crazy witch.

PnP Fan
2008-07-28, 02:40 PM
Not sure about crazy, but my groups wind up having minor romantic subplots between PCs all the time.

Two campaigns ago, one of my buddies decided he was going to play a female character. I'm not sure how it happened thinking back, but his character and mine wound up with a casual romance. It was quite funny to watch, I'm sure (as long as you're not phobic or anything)

In the current campaign, my friend's wife basically asked him if he would be okay with her character and mine having a romantic relationship. And he agreed. So every time we speak it's filled with a huge amount of cheese and longing glances across the table. It's really quite ridiculous, and funny as heck! We haven't started singing, but I'm hoping we can turn the campaign into a musical before we're done. ;-)

Then, of course there was the lesbian relationship between the Child of Bahamut and the Were Rat. That was just disturbing to think about. . . . Again, played up for comedy and the sheer ridiculousness of it all.