PDA

View Full Version : That character you've always wanted to play

expirement10K14
2008-07-26, 03:17 PM
Everybody has that one character that they have always wanted to play, but no sane DM would allow it.

Afflicted Were-Badger Halfling Rogue/Swashbucker/Dread Pirate
A Badger-man Pirate? nothing could be cooler.

Whats your character?

Jade_Tarem
2008-07-26, 05:08 PM
Enlarged Treant Monk. The primary reason I'll never play it is because it's an ECL 16 charcter before levels.

My group has forbidden me from ever playing a Lantern Archon ever again.

Aaaaand.... ah yes.

Awakened Shimmerling with a minor ritual to add the humanoid template, followed by being permanently reduced, followed by being minor ritualized back to fey. Then take levels in rogue.

You have a fine(-) creature as a playable character, with all of the insane bonuses that apply from there.

I've also kinda wanted to play a big, bad red dragon, but no one will let me, for the same reason as the treant. I'd be willing to RP it, I promise!

JackMage666
2008-07-26, 05:18 PM
Awakened Stirge Psion. Honestly, what could possibly be cooler.

valadil
2008-07-26, 10:25 PM
I already got to play the ultimate doublespeaking scoundrel. I've been at a loss as to what to play since.

Silence
2008-07-26, 10:31 PM
Always wanted to play some form of spellcaster. GM won't allow it, though, due to reasons involving illusions of male genitalia.

Sinfire Titan
2008-07-26, 10:38 PM
What character? I'm a DM! Every character I've wanted to play ends up killing/getting killed by my players.

Kool-Aid
2008-07-26, 10:40 PM
I just want to play a melee focused class ANY melee class, fighter, barbarian, even bard. But most of all I want to be a ninja, unfortunately our party consists of a fighter, a rogue, and a cleric, and my DM thinks that we absolutely NEED a wizard.

Battlefield
2008-07-26, 10:41 PM
A Lawful Evil Mystic Theurge that focuses on Light/Healy spells and has a latern archon familiar.

A Paladin/Rouge that sneak attacks with a quarterstaff.

A Pirate/Ninja

A Conjurer that creates minor Teleport circles, Boxes that summon arrows/bolts and casts CLW, and a small immobile golem that shoots at nearby enemies.:smalltongue:

Collin152
2008-07-26, 10:42 PM
So be a Beguiler.
It's like a magic-ninja.

krossbow
2008-07-26, 10:42 PM
One word:

pun-pun.

Rachel Lorelei
2008-07-26, 10:43 PM
Drag-queen "sorceress".

Color thpray!

Callos_DeTerran
2008-07-26, 10:43 PM
Call me crazy...but I've always wanted to actually go through the process to become a psionic sandwich and play that as a character. Does anybody remember how you do that actually? :smallbiggrin:

Alleine
2008-07-26, 10:50 PM
Well, my current favorite concept is a Fleshwarper.
Whats cooler than slicing yourself up and grafting on newer, more powerful body parts? Also while going more insane with each addition.
He'd also sell grafts in order to pay for knowstones and kick butt sorceror style.

Yes I am aware of the problems with being a sorc going into fleshwarper, but that makes it no less cool. Also turning your familiar into a crazy abomination as well? Heck yes!

A close second is a Fiend of Possession that focuses on possessing and animating massive things and grappling everyone to death.
Or just in general screwing with people we meet.
What happens when you possess and animate someone's pants? Awesome, that is what.

arguskos
2008-07-26, 10:53 PM
I always wanted to actually get to play an Ultimate Magus who learned how to create Living Spells, and somehow can control/rebuke them or something. I'd have every arcane spell ever as a living spell in my dungeon of hell, and from there would work my will upon the surrounding nations. :smallbiggrin:

This would clearly not be a Good-aligned character. However, they would be awesome.

-argus

Jade_Tarem
2008-07-26, 11:01 PM
Drag-queen "sorceress".

Color thpray!

I believe the incantation for that is "Today for you, tomorrow for me!"

mabriss lethe
2008-07-26, 11:03 PM
lemme see. there's the Blight upon humanity., also known as the wight/monk/tat monk. Using an absurd combination of weapon qualities and feats he could theoretically kill any living non-epic being in less than two rounds, and then possibly have it rise as an undead mockery of its former self. there are a couple of variations on classes for that one, but they all boil down to the same thing eventually. undead brute squad lead by a horrifically beefed up wight.

hrrm. There's the "CE*" Elan psychic warrior, born in an age beyond mortal understanding and then imprisoned throughout all of human history. *CE is sort of a misnomer for his alignment. It's just the closest thing that fits. He actually doesn't make any moral judgements, or the few he does make don't last for longer than the situation. He's very friendly and charming, but capable of acts of utter depravity when provoked all while still being friendly and charming.

ogre-mage warlock, focusing on the feat chain/shapechange that lets a two headed creature cast two spells at once. (transform into ettin and roll out)

Callos_DeTerran
2008-07-26, 11:05 PM
I always wanted to actually get to play an Ultimate Magus who learned how to create Living Spells, and somehow can control/rebuke them or something. I'd have every arcane spell ever as a living spell in my dungeon of hell, and from there would work my will upon the surrounding nations. :smallbiggrin:

This would clearly not be a Good-aligned character. However, they would be awesome.

-argus

You actually can do that I think. Theres a PrC called...Spell Sovreign I think in one of the Dragon magazines that let you create and control living spells.

Chronicled
2008-07-26, 11:13 PM
I want to play a Divine Minion Commoner. With a custom god that just grants him the choice of a riding dog. His only powers would be that he could turn into a riding dog at will, and is immune to fear... in the right campaign, this would be awesome.

Revanmal
2008-07-26, 11:15 PM
An Epic level Sorc/Dragon Disciple that forms an alliance between several different Kobold nests in the surrounding areas to eventually conquer a nation in the name of Tiamat! And then take their stuff.

Or play a dragon. Preferably a Blue Great Wyrm.

That, or another character I'd heard of - a sentient sword paladin with a human Druid mount, with a horse companion, which is then awakened and take Sorc levels to get a raven familiar.

ghost_warlock
2008-07-26, 11:20 PM
I've got a number of characters I've wanted to play, but have been banned from:

* Any druid whatsoever in 2nd ed AD&D.
* An incubus.
* Aaargh! the Living Sword (CN intelligent magic item with the flying quality, can also polymorph into fruit but retains his hardness when doing so) - the logistics for the various "racial" modifiers would be a nightmare, and the only logical character class for him would be that CN-paladin from DRAGON magazine a few years back that's forbidden from joining any long-term groups (like adventuring parties).
* An otyugh.
* A housecat possessed by the spirit of a sith lord.
* The janitor character class has also been banned from our Star Wars games for being overpowered.

* I did get to play my LG puppeteer (3.0 psionics version), though :smallbiggrin:

EndlessWrath
2008-07-26, 11:39 PM
Wizard who has the potential of reaching anywhere above CL 10...

Catfolk sorcerer/bloodmage... I dunno why... I only had a 22 dex and a 20 Charisma as a 3rd level character =/.

a Deity =/ again the DM refused...

Any pixie character with the song/dance ability thing...

Stone Giant War hulk/ Hulk Hurler... I dunno why you'd have a problem with me lifting anything and throwing it on towns/enemies/friends...bonus die for dmg for every 50lbs over 100? lol.. I throw a mountain with my 80 strength...

Never get the chance to play Shadowdancer or Warlock ever cause of other friends..
-------
Consequently, My buddy isn't allowed to play a bard anymore. We're afraid he might try to Role-play all his songs again... Heaven forbid we get the Air-fife.

Ascension
2008-07-26, 11:55 PM
My wish list includes, but is not limited to:

A Fochlucan Lyrist... terribly suboptimal, but nice fluff.

A perpetually angry 20th level Favored Soul of St. Cuthbert... preferably one who looks like Mr. T and pities the fool who breaks the law 'round here!

A Malconvoker... I'm gonna get around to playing one of these eventually, but I need to find myself a reasonably high level game first.

A Bard/War Chanter who quotes epic poetry in the midst of battle.

A Rakshasa Bloodclaw Master: "So the guy who already has the head of a tiger somehow manages to shift into a form even more like a tiger, but still humanoid? How does that work, exactly?"

A Bloodstorm Blade who throws spiked shields... Captain America in D&D!

A CN Eye of Grummsh who believes in a liberal interpretation of Grummsh's teachings and supports peace between men and orcs... but still flies into a killing rage whenever he sees an elf.

I had a whole list of crazy character ideas once, I'll probably keep posting as I remember them.

LoneGamer
2008-07-27, 12:06 AM
I had a cleric of Asmodeus who was in the process of becoming a Lich. I wanted to see that through. Coincidentally, the BBEG of the game was also a Lich. Would have been interesting, a skeleton in full plate wading into battle, casting dark prayers, possibly with identically-equipped skeletal warrior minions to add to confusion.

Deepblue706
2008-07-27, 12:44 AM
The zombified corpse of George Washington.

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-27, 12:54 AM
I'd love to use a Phanaton Wizard named Dem who I created for a freeform game: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4443791&postcount=22 (I'll try to find more information about his abilities in a minute.)

EDIT: I couldn't find the game where I first mentioned Dem, but he would use buffs and utility spells as well as non-letha battlefield control spells while avoiding hurting anyone else. Here's the Assistance Domain if anyone is interrested:

0 Resistance.
1 Mage Armour.
2 Bull's Strength.
3 Haste.
4 Lesser Globe of Invulnerability.
5 Telepathic Bond
6 Greater Heroism
7 Spell Turning.
8 Mind Blank.
9 Foresight.

endoperez
2008-07-27, 01:02 AM
A middle-aged aristocrat who is, for some reason or another, forced to abandon the luxuries of his former life and joins an adventuring party. His forte would be social skills and his skills with clockworks (i.e. Rogue with in-character explanation for a noble having disable device), and his walking cone would be his only weapon (as light mace).

ladditude
2008-07-27, 01:16 AM
The Psionic Sandwich. http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=8570529&postcount=31

And a Centaur Ranger. Yes, my DM is that mean.

MisterSaturnine
2008-07-27, 01:25 AM
I really want to play a character inspired by that violinist bard picture on the internet. You'll probably figure out which one I'm talking about soon.

I want to play a bard who uses a violin as his main Perform skill, but he also uses his instrument as a weapon by using a bow with adamantine strings. Unfortunately, those would probably cut the violin strings, so obviously he'd need to make those adamantium, too. That would, unfortunately, result in a terrible sound--unless, maybe, you applied a lubricant to the strings. A lubricant like blood.

His strategy in battle would be to walk up right in front of the enemy, say hello, and cut them in the face with his bow...then start playing the violin. Fascinate just made a lot more sense--they're too shocked and horrified to react.

Then, you switch out parts of his spell list for some Necromancy spells, and make Inspire Courage Inspire Failure and that sort of thing--there's a variant that does so. But what would his personality be like, you ask? Probably some hackneyed emo thing, right? Nope.

He would have 5 points in Perform (sing), and get a synergy bonus because he'd sing along while he played. He'd sing Tom Waits songs in a Tom Waits voice. And voila! Inspire Failure really makes sense. Singing some sad song? Don't think that's going to get much of a reaction out of most bloodthirsty enemies. A guy letting out a terrible, guttural laugh, playing a strangely metallic series of dissonant chords that hurt the ears, then hearing him roar, "ALL THE GOOD IN THE WORLD YOU CAN FIT INSIDE A THIMBLE AND STILL HAVE ROOM FOR YOU AND ME! MISERY'S THE RIVER OF THE WORLD! EVERYBODY ROW! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I think that'd do it.

Oh, and he'd be fairly friendly, amiable, easygoing guy. He'd seem perfectly sane then say something that reveals how terrifyingly, Heath Ledger's Joker crazy he is.

SoD
2008-07-27, 02:32 AM
A Thri-keen something-with-full-BAB who quad-weilds two-bladed swords.

Great fun, can't wait.

KillianHawkeye
2008-07-27, 05:44 AM
A wood elf Ranger with Elf Favored Enemy ACF, Improved Favored Enemy, and Orc Bane composite longbow to get an utterly ridiculous amount of bonuses against Orcs. Then buy 10,000 arrows and go pick a fight with the nearest Orc horde. Lead them to a forest and make excellent use of sniper tactics. :smallbiggrin:

Wear Dire-bear Monk

Thri-Kreen Monk for high speed football field length jumping action!!

Half-Succubus Nymph Paladin of Freedom/Bard or Sorcerer :smallwink:

Dwarven Battle-Rager (I've somehow never gotten around to playing a Dwarf)

Someone that actually takes Leadership, maybe build a castle or something, I dunno

Warlock?

Saint Nil
2008-07-27, 02:50 PM
Either a mindflayer paladin, or a mindflayer crusader.

I loved mindflayers thrist for knowledge, and promised I wouldn't make it a Drisszt Do'Urden, but he threaten to slap me if I didn't shut up about it.:smalltongue:

Moriato
2008-07-27, 03:05 PM
I've always wanted to find some druid abberation slayer prc. I know there's a couple in lords of madness but the one meant for druids is melee/wildshape based, which isn't my thing, and caster based one is hard as hell for anyone but bards to qualify for. I'm thinking more like a druid/cleric hybrid type thing with turning powers against abberations rather than undead. You know, purge the unnatural from the world and all that jazz.

Imrix.
2008-07-27, 03:48 PM
Atlin Ornrenthisj, the half-dragon scavanger. He'll sell anything to anyone, and will happily sign up with an adventuring party for a share of the loot.

The main problem with him is that he'd completely unbalence a campaign because he's a genius at making money and can figure out how to turn ANYTHING into cash, somehow.

Put it this way. The party butchers a group of kobolds. The DM has factored treasure for about half the equipment (the rest is broken), some minor magical items and a small amount of gold.

Then Atlin arrives and loads everything up onto a cart, corpses and all. The clothes? Sell 'em to tailors or tanners. Broken weapons? A blacksmith can melt them down and reforge them. Kobold food? No doubt there's a street vendor who can sell them as rations, or a cafe willing to buy 'exotic snacks'. The manure of that one kobold that soiled himself? Farmers always need more fertilizer, right?

And as for the bodies... Meat to the butchers, skin to the tanners, organs to the alchemists and herbalists, skeletons to the necromancers or turn them into knick-knacks and sell 'em that way. I could go on.

That's a minor example, but you get the picture. As a concept, he's awesome. As a character, he's a headache because you have to re-evaluate every encounter to factor in the extra money he can make out of it. I mean, this is a man who can figure out how to get paid five times for the same theft, then sell what he stole to the people he stole it from!

EndgamerAzari
2008-07-27, 04:31 PM
A gestalt monk//necromancer who uses the necrotic cyst spells to punch people and give them cancer.

Willfor
2008-07-27, 04:52 PM
I really want to play a character inspired by that violinist bard picture on the internet. You'll probably figure out which one I'm talking about soon.

I want to play a bard who uses a violin as his main Perform skill, but he also uses his instrument as a weapon by using a bow with adamantine strings. Unfortunately, those would probably cut the violin strings, so obviously he'd need to make those adamantium, too. That would, unfortunately, result in a terrible sound--unless, maybe, you applied a lubricant to the strings. A lubricant like blood.

His strategy in battle would be to walk up right in front of the enemy, say hello, and cut them in the face with his bow...then start playing the violin. Fascinate just made a lot more sense--they're too shocked and horrified to react.

I am glad someone remembers that. Though to be fair, it was only... awhile ago.

Emperor Tippy
2008-07-27, 05:07 PM
I want to play a Wizard 5/ Incantatrix 10/ Archmage 5/ Incantatrix 10//Fighter 30 who is created at level 30.

Take Vow of Poverty and with Embrace/Shun the Dark Chaos you end up with 58 feats. And with proper feat selection you can deal 6,300 No Save, No SR damage with a 4th level spell slot. Oh yeah, and you can fire 10 of those per round. :smallbiggrin:

You can actually do it without going gestalt or VoP but it takes most of your feats (and less times per round because you don't have extra feats to spend on multispell).

No sane DM would let me play that guy (even if Epic Spellcasting is banned).

Ashtar
2008-07-27, 05:35 PM
Dwarven Mage / Fighter using dwarven war axe, going for Eldrich Knight... With practised spellcaster feat. DM said: NO!

thegurullamen
2008-07-27, 05:42 PM
Half-golem evocation divine bard pirate. Or, in non-Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NinjaPirateZombieRobot) talk, a bard with mechanical limbs who, instead of buffing and debuffing with his music, blows people and objects up with it from his flying ship. Hmm...slightly more NPZRish than I thought.

Or, more simply, a shaman from the frozen lands in the south. Important note: not a dragon shaman, druid or spirit shaman, but a melee bard.

We need more combat-badass bards!!!!!

krossbow
2008-07-27, 06:20 PM
We need more combat-badass bards!!!!!

I've actually always wanted to play a bard dual wielding Harmonizing Crystal echo-blade whip daggers, in conjunction with the arcane strike feat.

My DM's have never allowed this for some reason.

TempusCCK
2008-07-27, 06:29 PM
A sweet monk guy with a quarterstaff that actually works.

erikun
2008-07-27, 06:38 PM
Dwarven Wearbear Ranger, with dual Dwarven Waraxes.

Will-o-Wisp Cleric/Sorcerer/Psion, with Enshew Materials. I guess a Lantern Archon works, too.

Sorcerer/Bard, preferably gestalt, optimized towards Use Magic Device.

Some kind of psionic Illithid.

Bob the Urgh
2008-07-27, 07:18 PM
a gestalt minotaur warhulk/ frenzied berserker

_Puppetmaster_
2008-07-27, 07:58 PM

-argus

There is a living spell user/creater/controller in one of the dragon magazines. You get a living spell as a familiar:smallbiggrin:.

Chronicled
2008-07-27, 09:42 PM

Why yes I'll repost this! It's something I'd love to play as well.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb177/ClericofPhwarrr/bards.jpg

EndlessWrath
2008-07-27, 10:00 PM
Ogre hulk hurler trip artist with a spiked chain and combat reflexes. Lets guess how many times i get attacks of opportunity? Unfortunately after I asked to play this, the DM stated he would change his game from fighting the orc/human hordes...to fighting off magical quadrupedal beasts... I fear that every DM will have the same anti-trip artist campaign swaps.

nargbop
2008-07-27, 10:43 PM
Anthropomorphic Whale.

I'm serious. Anthropomorphic Whale. From Savage Species. Ridiculous bonus stats, but you have to be a whale. Preferred Racial Class : Barbarian, but with a WIS +6 bonus, that's a Druid right there. A druid with his own eternal bubble of liquid comfort.

Gmmaster42
2008-07-27, 10:49 PM
Ever since they came out, I've wanted to play a living spell. Imagine how a fireball would think. Or a flaming sphere.

Also, I think it would be fun to play as an animal companion or familiar of another player, with the awakened template of course. There's also an intelligent item, like an intelligent rod of wonder...:smallbiggrin:

Doresain
2008-07-28, 09:53 AM
i would like to play a goblin that plans to industrialize the eberron through science rather than magic...after bringing in non-magical airships and what not, he starts a new war and begins to profit from selling his cheap and easy-to-use war machines to all sides of the war...after the rest of the nations have weakened themselves from said war, he brings out his most powerful weapons in the name of darguun, and conquers khorvaire for the goblin people

ive only gotten to play this character once, and it wasnt for very long...DM wasnt sure on how i would be able to create zeppelins and what not without using magic

EndgamerAzari
2008-07-28, 10:17 AM
Another idea. Two words:

Awakened Corgi.

DigoDragon
2008-07-28, 10:23 AM
What character? I'm a DM! Every character I've wanted to play ends up killing/getting killed by my players.

This is my problem as well, except more on the "getting killed" side. :smallfrown:

I've only had a chance to play as a PC twice in D&D 3.5 and both times I ended up as the cleric. Not that there is anything wrong with playing a cleric. I love the clerics and I do well at them. Just... I always played clerics (or fighters) in previous D&D editions and I want to try something DIFFERENT. Like maybe a wizard. Or a rogue. but everyone else loves playing those types so we tend to lack in the bandaid catagory. A lot.

Me as DM: "Okay, the prince is dying, who has the highest ranks in Heal?"
Party: "..."
Me as DM: "Does anyone at least have some healing spells... or a potion?"
Party: "... I think the wizard has a Mend spell, will that work?"
Me as DM: **Facepalm**

Eorran
2008-07-28, 11:03 AM
A Mummy Druid. Tired this once, in comany of similarly deranged, overpowered characters, except I had to DM.
DMPC druid means combat turns go like this:
DM: Roll initiative
Players roll
DM: OK, so it's you, me, me, me, me, you, me, me, me, you, you, me, me, me, and... me. Oh, and then one more me.

Actually, a Mummy anything. Mostly for the jokes.

"I have a good heart. See, it's on the shelf over there!"
"Well, I would help, but I haven't got the guts."
"Out of TP? Why do I care... GET AWAY FROM ME!"

Maybe a 4e mummy warlock... beware the Mummy's Curse.

Fishy
2008-07-28, 11:52 AM
Some sort of paladin or holy warrior, who flings consecrated throwing knives. And not just one knife with the returning property, that's lame.

I have no idea how to build it, though. :/

Dresil
2008-08-07, 10:09 PM
Enlarged Weretiger Dracotaur Barbarian 20 with Monkey Grip with Improved Grapple. Fully twink him out and his attack is this:

18 str at level 1, +2 (enlarged) +12 (weretiger) +8 (dracotaur) +5 (levels) +5 (manual of str) +6 (giants belt/ogre gauntlets, etc.) = 56 str.

56 str = +23. Heavy load is 44160 lbs!
+8 for raging= 64 str = + 27 and heavy load is around 88000...

+47 to grapple HUGE enemies. +55 for Medium not when raging!

First weapon of choice: Grappled people of buildings.
Second weapon of choice +1 Gargantuan Anarchic, Holy, Flaming Burst, Shocking Burst, Icy Burst, Sonic, Acidic, Thundering Vicious Glaive with Powerful Charge and Awesome Blow.

On a crit it will do 4d8 (x3) + 6d10 + 5d6 +2d8 +47 (+4d6 to LE targets), +3d6 on a chrage.

291 damage possible

Kiara LeSabre
2008-08-07, 11:41 PM
I can't really think of anything? I was never interested enough in optimization to learn the most intricately broken 3.5e combinations. I figured out the swordsage caster Time Stop infinite loop trick, but while that makes me giggle, it would be fun for about two seconds, max. What fun is simply auto-winning every encounter, anyway?

And in 4e ... I can probably find someone who will let me play a doppleganger, and at least a handful allow drow (and I only have one very setting-specific drow I care about playing anyway) and most any other scattered other monster races I might feel inspired to try ... and that's about it?

I guess I never cared much about playing anything stupidly broken enough to talk about here. :smallfrown:

Glyde
2008-08-07, 11:58 PM
Awakened bulldozer named Bill Dozer.

metalshop
2008-08-08, 01:22 AM
A cloud giant rogue with massive amounts of hide and move silently, combined with any kind of chameleon or minor invisibility effect.

Or a base house cat. With 1 Divine Rank.

Emperor Tippy
2008-08-08, 01:28 AM
My space ship. Any of the 7 different ones.

A 100,000 year old Elan Psion who's goal is to memorize everything. So he goes and uses auto-hypnosis to memorize everything he can find.

Problem is you need a high level game for it to make sense and a DM who is willing to let someone who is 100,000 years old into the game.

Kristoss
2008-08-08, 06:14 AM
My favorite concept is a psion who true mind switches with the tarasque. I wonder if I can get a DM to OK this:smallconfused:.

Edit: scratch that, I didn't see the HD limitation.
oh, well a psion in the body of some 23HD creature then.

Thurbane
2008-08-08, 06:41 AM
Half-Ogre cleric of Kord... *flex*

I was never interested enough in optimization to learn the most intricately broken 3.5e combinations.
Yes yes, you don't like 3E - we get it already! :smallconfused:

AaronH
2008-08-08, 07:27 AM
Chocker Paladin.

PnP Fan
2008-08-08, 08:12 AM
I've always wanted to play Muad'dib/Paul Atreides. Not necessarily that specific character, but a character who leads others in a religious war (from the side of the righteous, not like RL religious wars that have more to do with $ and power).

And thanks to my GM, through no prompting of my own, I'm doing exactly that. Sort of. Okay, there's no leadership yet, but my character is ascending to some sort of god-hood (again, no prompting from me, all my GM's design), and he has strong elements of being a prophet. The character's name is 'Art' (shortened for a much longer elven name), and so several members of my group have taken to going around and telling folks we run across things like "embrace Art" and "follow Art", and "Art is the way, the truth and the light". It's a very surrealistic combination of mystery/prophecy, action, and comedy.

Mando Knight
2008-08-08, 09:14 AM
and so several members of my group have taken to going around and telling folks we run across things like "embrace Art" and "follow Art", and "Art is the way, the truth and the light". It's a very surrealistic combination of mystery/prophecy, action, and comedy.

...and so half of the people you meet begin hugging paintings and following statues... and the other half give them weird looks and throw them in the nut house.:smalltongue:

PnP Fan
2008-08-08, 12:31 PM
Bingo!!!!

Actually most of the revelation of my character's "god head" has been during a long journey, where we've been somewhat isolated. And the way I'm playing it out, my character is . .. reluctant. He's not so much pursuing deity status, as it is being forced upon him, freaky prophetic visions and everything. He sometimes wonders if he's not going crazy himself.

The people who are in danger of hugging paintings have mostly been commoners that we've saved from one horrible fate or another.

Grey Watcher
2008-08-08, 01:08 PM
This character isn't so much disallowed, as I've just yet to find a game to put it in.

Normally, I like to hew pretty close to the mold for character ideas: a proud and noble dragonborn, a wise and mysterious eladrin, an idealistic human, and so forth. But when I saw Tieflings, I knew what I wanted to do.

I want to play a Tiefling. Class would either be Cleric, Rogue, or maybe a Fey Pact Warlock. And I want her (I guess the character's female) to be unrelentingly and (most importantly) unironically... perky. Her disposition could best be described as "sunny". She's "stuck like a dope with this thing called hope." Mostly this just because I can't stand "emo" as a freakin' racial trait (even if Tieflings are more properly a sub-race of human).

TheThan
2008-08-08, 01:17 PM
I once played a full-blooded orc barmaid. I found a cool picture on the internet that I based her off of. She sort of doubled as a bouncer too (basically because she was bigger than everyone else). Unfortunately that game didn’t last long.

Lets see before I came up with her, there was the orc stripper/gigolo. I never got to play him though. Once again he was based off of a pic I found on the internet.

I kinda wanna play them again.

Ghal Marak
2008-08-08, 01:52 PM
I once wrote up a Human Kineticist 9/Pyrokineticist 10//Swashbuckler 14/Occult Slayer 5, but I didn't get picked to play the game. :smallsigh: Basicaly, I just want to add in Pyrokineticist, because starting fires mith my mind is awesome.

Also, I once had Fighter/Warmage/Greenstar Adept. I don't remember the balance though.

FMArthur
2008-08-08, 02:15 PM
I've played my dream character, the changeling Factotum Chameleon (pictured left), and instead of being just an unusually versatile character, he was also more powerful than the specialists at what they specialized in. :smallconfused:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-08, 02:30 PM
Let's see, I had Edehel, the Elf with a bow a foot taller than he was.

I had this one mercenary who had lost his company, and had an awesome backstory, not to mention a fullblade and a buckler.

Then there was the boar hunter, with javelins and a greatspear.

Oh, and the changeling rogue.

Then there's that merchant...

Ganurath
2008-08-08, 02:44 PM
A Lawful Evil cleric of Hextor with the Domination domain for "administrative purposes," cross class in Bluff, Sense Motive, and Knowledge (royalty) for synergy bonuses, Zen Archery, Easy Metamagic (Reach Spell,) and those Hextor Relic Gauntlets that maximize touch spells for free.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-08, 02:49 PM
Oh, and a blind Swordsage w/ Diamond Mind.

I can't see you, but I can still kill you.

Vexxation
2008-08-08, 03:26 PM
I want to play a Gestalt campaign as (spawned from the "Make it better through Gestalt" thread) an Elan Soulknife 20 // Psychic Warrior 3 / Swordsage 17. Heck, just for fun, I might even consider going Vow of Poverty with it.

I mean, come on! How cool would it be to walk around in simple garb, manifesting Force Screen and Inertial Armor for armor, Expansion for increased size/damage, and conjuring a +5 Psychokinetic Burst Mind Blade Longsword (dealing 2d6 damage; Large size) of Collision?

Plus a bunch of bonus exalted feats, bonuses to Wisdom, Strength, Dex, and Con, in that order (8/6/4/2), and roleplaying opportunity.

Oh yeah, and you're also a Swordsage, so flight is covered (Shadow Hand Stance), and you'll be doing decent damage with Desert Wind and Shadow Hand strikes.

I really wanna play this guy.