PDA

View Full Version : The Streets XXXI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lerky
2008-07-26, 10:05 PM
Well...you...see....streets, and stuff. Stuff happens on the streets...errrrrr I'll stop talking now.

Go have fun, blow things up, kill people(not really).

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-26, 10:24 PM
Amalia snaps back into reality and sniffs the air, heading over to the Greyfish Hotel.

D_Lord
2008-07-26, 10:26 PM
500 litte gray things, about 4 and half feet high, with purple energy for arms, with four clawed feet march down the streets.

Pandaren
2008-07-26, 10:27 PM
A steamroller rolls away from a construction site accidently, on the same street the midgets are on, it's goinig pretty fast.

D_Lord
2008-07-26, 10:29 PM
They turn as a group and lift it over the top of them as if they were a wave and it was a board. None of then get crushed and they keep marching.

(their at the station.)

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-26, 10:54 PM
Mark comes outside and stairs in awe at the smal hominids.

ApeofLight
2008-07-26, 10:56 PM
Foro comes out and sees them and decides to follow.

ThePhantom
2008-07-26, 10:56 PM
"Well, that's unusual." The Foreign Stranger says watching the horde of little grey things head for the police station.

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-26, 10:57 PM
Mark follows too.

ThePhantom
2008-07-26, 10:58 PM
"Wait for me!" The Foreign Stranger runs to catch up with Foro and Mark.

ApeofLight
2008-07-26, 11:31 PM
A monkey can be seen making a mad run from the Police station and to the Dancing Fox.

ThePhantom
2008-07-26, 11:33 PM
A man rushes in front of the monkey, quickly getting to the Dancing Fox.

AmberVael
2008-07-27, 01:58 PM
There is a brilliant flash in the sky as something appears, something that is difficult to look at, not only because of its startling brilliance, but because something about it is... wrong. Its appearance cannot quite be grasped, as if there were something about it that fell outside of normal perception. What can be seen about it is that it is falling at a rapid pace, and that its presence distorts the air and space around it as if it were surrounded by water. It seems to writhe and struggle against a single dark blot that is within its mass, a black spot that moves, destroying the light that the incoming creature sheds.
A large number of common people flee at the sight, realizing that it was going to fall right on top of the area they were standing in- and also because it inspired some strange horror in them, some nameless dread and compulsion to flee, lest something terrible occur to them. It spirals downwards and its appearance remains horrifically vague, but somehow obviously decked with strange tendrils... but on the other hand, the black blot becomes more distinct, more human. The black figure seems to be using some tool or weapon to destroy the shining creature even as they hurtle through the air towards the hard, unyielding ground. In retaliation, the creature reaches out with its tendrils and grasps the figure, which drives its weapon down at it as they finally strike the streets and a nearby building with a resounding crash, a shriek of unearthly agony, and a yell of rage and determination.
Smoke and dust rises from the scene at which the two entities landed, the light slowly fading from the area. A few people who were brave or perhaps insane enough to observe the event from a close location move up to the house which had been demolished, just in time to see strange, shining tendrils smoking and crumbling to black heaps of ash, though they can't see the main body of the creature within.
There is the sound of shifting rubble, then someone- some humanoid, steps out of the ruined house, brushing off their clothing. Their features are almost entirely obscured by dark clothing, only the upper half of their head and their hands visible. In their left hand they hold a small sheath, and with their right they jam a silvery blade into it, hiding it from view. It was a strangely small sword, come to think of it- the lack of reach on it would severely hamper its wielder in a sword fight. Still, it seemed to have accomplished whatever the stranger wanted to do with it.
The parts of the stranger that are visible just make them more mysterious, for what normal human had such strange eyes and hair? It is all a bright burgundy, softly shining and almost glowing in the light. The eyes lack pupils, or whites, or anything but that pulsing reddish purple color, and the figure's hair seems to ripple strangely, hanging in long locks. On their forehead is a long, sinuous mark that seems like a tattoo, but almost seems to be below the flesh like a wire. The stranger's gender was also difficult to make out. They were lithe, but not overly curved, and their clothing was just concealing enough to prevent any easy conclusions. Their face was mostly concealed by their hair and a large collar that concealed their mouth and much more of their lower face, giving no hints there...
Seemingly unaware or uncaring of the attention they were receiving, the stranger walks away from the area, sheathed sword in hand.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/Sibyl.png

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 02:10 PM
Out of the Greyfish Hotel walks Amelia, seeming determined to find something or someone. The day feels a bit cooler then yesterday due to the humidity.

AmberVael
2008-07-27, 02:25 PM
The unknown person walks slowly through the streets, their head moving back and forth as if looking for something. They don't seem to have any particular direction or way they are headed.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 02:31 PM
Amelia spots the stranger. By the appearance, she suspects the stranger to be a threat of some kind. She treads carefully.

AmberVael
2008-07-27, 02:35 PM
They turn into an alleyway, which seems to be illuminated by some weird, flickering light.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 02:41 PM
Amelia turns and looks down this alleyway. Flickering lights - either magic or someone playing with fire. Either way, it would be foolish not to find out what it is. She follows the stranger.

AmberVael
2008-07-27, 02:46 PM
Amelia's guesses turn out to be wrong, unfortunately for her. In the alley is some strange, writhing thing about the size of a human head- it looks like some shining, translucent and pulsing organ. Something about it is frighteningly wrong, disturbing and maddening. It gleams with a blasphemous light, leaking a phosphorus fluid on the ground as the stranger approaches it, putting their right hand on the hilt of their sword.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 02:53 PM
Amelia's eyes open wide. Her mind tries fathoming the thing before her but fails, causing her to scream in maddened horror.

((I gotta go - I'll be back in about twenty minutes or so.))

alexeduardo
2008-07-27, 02:55 PM
Bonifacius the ghost elf floats over to the palptating thing out of curiosity

AmberVael
2008-07-27, 03:05 PM
Unless Bonifacius was hiding really close by, or happened to be in that one alley, it's a bit unlikely that he'd just be around to see the thing- oh, and also see the thing and not be horribly disturbed and repulsed by it. Even a strong mind's reaction will be to flinch and look away. A strongly skilled psion or wizard, perhaps, could shield themselves from madness if they knew what to expect.

The stranger may be one of the latter, as they stare at the thing without flinching, moving in towards it quickly, glancing back as they hear Amelia's scream. They swiftly step between her and the pulsing abberation and sweep out their sword, jabbing it down and probably into the vile, inhuman organ. There is a shriek like a hundred unearthly winds and a banshee's wail as the light dies and the organ shrinks to ash.
The stranger turns back to look at Amelia, and something about their eyes suggests something... that it isn't that they are powerful enough to look and not be affected- but they had already crossed their mental limit, and the effects of such a sight were nothing before the disturbing reality of their mind. But somehow, they seem coherent enough.
They stop in front of Amelia and stare into her eyes.
"Look at me."

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 03:19 PM
The madness ends but it leaves its scars. Amelia continues staring blankly, only stopping when the stranger speaks to her. It still takes her several moments to grasp back to the reality she was in before seeing the creature. "I'm looking." She replies.

AmberVael
2008-07-27, 03:23 PM
The person gives a sigh of thoughtfulness and regret as they stare at Amelia for a moment, then look away, over at the mundane ash that had once been that monstrosity.
"I did not mean for anyone to see this."
Their voice is mid ranged and muffled enough for it to leave the figure androgynous. Maybe they're an elf or something- it would explain why it is so hard to tell. Or maybe they mean to cause such confusion- who knows.
"Do you know what you saw?"

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 03:26 PM
"It was unnatural. I... can't recall." She replies.

alexeduardo
2008-07-27, 03:27 PM
Bonifacius starts laughing uncontrolably as the captain leaves the hotel and goes to the the beach

AmberVael
2008-07-27, 03:28 PM
"Are you sure? There isn't even a flicker of recognition as to what it was?"
The stranger seems oddly persistent on this point... and it may become disturbing for Amelia to realize their weapon is still drawn, as if they thought they might have to use it.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 03:33 PM
She barely notices the weapon, still coming out of a state of shock. But the stranger is making her nervous. "I don't want to remember. I felt as though my mind was in a clamp pressing against the sides..."

AmberVael
2008-07-27, 03:36 PM
The stranger puts the sword away, ceasing the probing questioning.
"It's only natural for you to feel that way. The mortal mind is not meant to comprehend such things."

alexeduardo
2008-07-27, 03:37 PM
BUT I'M DEEEEEAAAAAD!

WHOOOOOOHOOOOO! PASTRAMI!

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 03:42 PM
She puts a hand up to her head. "I need a drink. My head is killing me..." She says, turning slightly.

AmberVael
2008-07-27, 03:46 PM
((Alexeduardo, if you really want to take part in this, I'd at least appreciate it if you were more serious about it... because this isn't supposed to be a ridiculous and silly thing, and frankly, your current character and roleplay style is both of those.
I don't mind people joining in, but have a little respect for what I'm trying to craft here, 'k?))

"Perhaps I should come with you, just to make sure you're alright."
The stranger seems a bit forceful with that, as if they will not comply with anything but their wishes.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 04:01 PM
"That will be fine, thanks." She replies nonchalantly.

((Sorry for the unannounced delay - time between posts may be slightly sporadic.))

AmberVael
2008-07-27, 04:04 PM
The stranger nods and hangs the sheathed weapon from their belt as they wait for Amelia to lead the way.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 04:10 PM
Amelia heads over to Trog's Tavern. Horrible service, but alcohol would be abundant. It did seem awfully quite nowadays, however.

Szilard
2008-07-27, 04:11 PM
Yoko the troglodyte is walking on the street, a cane in his hand and a chainmail shirt.

AmberVael
2008-07-27, 04:15 PM
The stranger follows after Amelia.

ThePhantom
2008-07-27, 04:20 PM
A black sphere floats toward the Dancing Fox Inn.

Szilard
2008-07-27, 04:28 PM
Yoko follows them into Trogs, a place run by a troglodyte has to be good.

alexeduardo
2008-07-27, 04:29 PM
Captain alexeduardo the mechanical walks out of the police station and walks to the beach

Rebonack
2008-07-27, 06:07 PM
Clomp clomp clomp comes the sound of metal shod hooves upon the winding, twisting streets of Town. A sound that is oft heard here, yes. Carts clatter and adventurers ride. All is always a bustle of activity.

But there's a certain quality to this sound that is different. A sibilant ring that suggests something more than a shoe shod horse.

No, what comes into view is a massive beast. A warhorse clad in cobalt blue barding from head to toe. And not just clad, no. This creature is fully armored, the equivalent of full-plate for horses. Here and there spikes protrude from the armor and atop the helm is a razor sharp mane-fan.

And atop the steed is a knight. A knight in similar cobalt blue armor and draped in a white mantel. The armor itself has a strange, almost faceted quality to it. As though fashioned from innumerable smaller metallic tiles. From the bucket helm atop his head are supported a pair of angular 'horns'. Purely for decoration, of course. They really aren't sharp and goring someone with them would be rather silly.

The spiked gauntlets, however, are a different story all together.

Both rider and steed are of impressive size, the knight easily topping eight feet in stature. And the horse, of course, being large enough to carry him with ease.

From behind the helm comes a hollow sucking sound, as someone drawing in a deep breath might be perceived. Though... there's something decidedly off about it. It has a bubbling, hissing quality to it. Rather akin to tar being thrown on red hot stones.

"Well here we are. Back in Town to have some fun," comes a decidedly unpleasant voice from within the helm. "Wonder if this crazy place is still as busy as it was before."

And as if to answer his question a rather sizable horde of ghouls comes screeching out of a nearby alley to beset upon any slow enough to react to being messily devoured.

"Heh. 'parently so," the knight sneers as his steed paws at the ground in anticipation for battle.

((Feel free to join in with the ghoul slaying!))

ThePhantom
2008-07-27, 06:15 PM
"Are you sure that we should leave them to sort out the problem on their own?" "Of course, its none of our business." A man and a black sphere exit the Dancing Fox Inn. Pausing at the sight of the ghouls, the man turns to the sphere and asks "Is this also not our business?" "Nope, this is our business."
The black sphere flies through several of the ghouls, leaving only dust behind it. The man takes out his rapier and starts attacking the ghouls.

Rebonack
2008-07-27, 06:26 PM
Simply flying through things really makes combat less entertaining. After all, there are only so many ways to describe bumping into people and disintegrating them. As for the rapier stabbing it seems to bother the ghouls a fair bit. Though being undead and lacking organs the attack could be more effective. Two ghouls leap at the swordsman while another circles around behind him.

As for the Cobalt Knight, well, he grasps the shaft of a pole-axe he certainly didn't have a few moments ago and sends his mount charging through the undead whilst making wide sweeping strokes with the weapon.

A weapon that also happens to be on fire.

The monsters crowd around the pair which prompts the horse to rear up on its hind legs and proceed to trample the hell out of several ghouls massing in front of it. And then cleaving another in twain with its head-fan.

At this point one of the undead manages to tackle the knight from his mount, where upon the warrior's polearm seems to simply shatter into a cloud of metallic flecks before reassembling into a massive shield and battle axe.

From within the helm the knight laughs in that boiling voice of his. "Your moves. Show them to me."

ThePhantom
2008-07-27, 06:36 PM
The sphere flies around the bard, keeping the ghouls off him. The bard fires off a blast of sound from his lute, blasting the ghouls.

Rebonack
2008-07-27, 06:43 PM
That must be some pretty awful music.

The sonic attack shatters bones and sheers off flesh. Which basically means that it flattens a bunch of flesh eating undead.

As for the knight, he smashes his shield into a lunging ghoul before cleaving the monster in twain after laying it flat on the ground. A second monster leaps on him from behind and proceeds to claw at his armor. Thus far it isn't making much progress with this effort. "What the hell are you doing back there? Scuffing my plate?"

The horse drops down on another ghoul before kicking a second creeping up behind it.

ThePhantom
2008-07-27, 06:47 PM
"You may be a blot now, but you still have your spells don't you!" "Well, yes, I mean, I think I do."
"Then use then!" "Okay, okay, just calm down." A lighting bolt strikes several ghouls, while the bard fires off another blast of sound.

Rebonack
2008-07-27, 07:01 PM
One is left to wonder how one makes proper somatic components to a lightning spell without hands. No doubt the blot is an incredibly powerful wizardy person.

The ghouls are promptly toasted and rent apart whilst the knight cleaves a few more of the nasty things into several bits via a rather powerful sweeping slash with his battle axe.

And that puts an end to the ghoul threat.

"Heh. Town never manages to disappoint," the warrior sneers before dropping the head of his axe to the ground with a dull *thump*. "Hail and well met," he calls out to the blot and bard. "Thanks for the hand, though I probably could have taken 'em by myself if it came down to it."

The horse snorts, sounding irritated that all the ghouls are gone.

ThePhantom
2008-07-27, 07:05 PM
"Now, that's over, I'm leaving." The bard calls out "Hey, wait!" as the blot flies out of sight. The Bard sighes. "He's gotten even cranker. Well, sir knight, would you tell me your name. I am the Foreign Stranger." The Foreign Stranger bows.

Rebonack
2008-07-27, 07:15 PM
"Cranky? You call that cranky?" the knight laughs in that strange boiling laugh of his. "Sure, why not? I am Rebonack, the Cobalt Knight," he dips slightly in a bow.

The horse, meanwhile, snorts. "You aren't a knight at all. No lord, no master. You just call yourself that because it sounds kick-ass."

Rebonack glares at the horse. "Was he talking to you, Armos? No? Shut up, then."

Shabal
2008-07-27, 07:16 PM
The man with the hat steps out of the Greyfish Hotel and wanders down the street, hands in the pockets of his jeans hidden beneath the black duster he wears. He drops some tobacco mix into his pipe and smokes on that for awhile.

ThePhantom
2008-07-27, 07:18 PM
"A talking horse, how unusual." The Foreign Stranger raises one eyebrow. "How long have you two known each other?"

Rebonack
2008-07-27, 07:27 PM
Waaait... How would a pure black orb raise an eyebrow?

"Well that's a stupid question. Isn't it obvious that we-" *PANG!*

The PANG! would be the result of Rebonack swatting the horse in the back of the head.

"OW! What the hell was that for!"

"Because you were making an idiot of yourself," the Cobalt Knight responds rather sardonically. "Quite a few years now."

ThePhantom
2008-07-27, 07:32 PM
((The Foreign Stranger is the bard, he's human, mostly.))
"I take it that this is not your first time in the town. Do you want me to show you around the newer parts?"

Rebonack
2008-07-27, 07:41 PM
Aahh. Good, well. That makes quite a bit more sense then.

"Yer right there. I've been to Town plenty of times. Fun place. Plenty of nice opportunities for getting an adventure in here and there," Rebonack responds as his shield and axe simply shatter into a cloud of metallic particles and go flowing into his mantel whereupon they seem to vanish. "A tour, eh? Why not."

Armos snorts. "What are we going to be following some nasty human around for?"

"We aren't. I'm going to be going on my own. How 'bout you go find that llama friend of yours?"

"Friend? Ha! More like casual acquaintance," the horse scoffs.

Rebonack just waves the steed off. "Come on. Let's go see the sights."

ThePhantom
2008-07-27, 07:45 PM
"Where would you like to go first? There's the Cathedral of Flames,the Dancing Fox Inn, the Greyfish Hotel, the Town Tribune, Beholder's Siege Weapon Emporium!!!, and the Barkhouse Bestiary. Take your pick."

Rebonack
2008-07-27, 07:56 PM
"They all sound dull and boring," the Cobalt Knight states rather bluntly. "Inns can be a good source for information. Hotels? A little too upscale for my taste. I don't have any need for pets or catapults. And a cathedral? The gods can go shock themselves for all I care. I've got better things to do with my time than give them any attention."

The mail-clad warrior clomps along, one hand on the hem of his mantel to keep it out of the street grime. "Where am I likely to meet the most people right now?"

The horse, meanwhile, is wandering about on his own.

Pandaren
2008-07-27, 08:00 PM
"You can go to Trog's.." says a random passerby.

ThePhantom
2008-07-27, 08:01 PM
Maybe the Dancing Fox Inn? Its the inn and the hotel that normally have more people in them, but right now seems to be a slow time. There's not many people around right now." The Foreign Stranger keeps pace with the Cobalt Knight.

Rebonack
2008-07-27, 08:11 PM
"Yeah? Well, my plot hook sense is telling me to try an old standby," Rebonack responds as his helm turns toward... none other than Trog's tavern. "C'mon. You can tag along or you can give me the tour of Town's new useless shops later. For now I've got an inkling for wizard blizzards."

Off to Trog's!

ThePhantom
2008-07-27, 08:12 PM
"I should warn you, Trog's is under new mangenment. Old guests many not be welcome."

((deadtime))

ApeofLight
2008-07-27, 08:14 PM
Foro walks out of the Dancing Fox and starts to wander. He seems to be a bit bored.

Rebonack
2008-07-27, 08:19 PM
"Yeah? Well, they can go shock themselves," Rebonack responds rather belatedly to the warning as he heads into the tavern.

ApeofLight
2008-07-27, 08:20 PM
Hearing a voice and possible something going on Foro hurries over to Trog's and enters.

ThePhantom
2008-07-27, 08:40 PM
"Oh dear. I think this is a good times to go to someplace safe, like the Dancing Fox." The Foreign Stranger heads for the Dancing Fox.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 11:28 PM
Amelia and Nikolai walk out into the streets. "We have quite a few blocks to walk where we are going... I know a shortcut. We may be able to pick up a few things to." Amelia says to Nikolai.

The night is warm and overcast; a light breeze may send a chill down one's spine. Not many people are about this hour, and only the lights of the drinking establishments are on. Somebody could make a fortune in lampposts considering how dark it is...

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-27, 11:34 PM
It was a bit chilly for a summer's eve, and Nikolai shivered, though the dark seemed to have no effect on her.
Nothing to be scared of when you kissed corpses, really.

"That sounds fine to me, Amelia."

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-27, 11:47 PM
"Good. I thought you would be frightened." She says as she takes a leaser pace in a northerly direction. "How long have you been practicing this hobby of yours?" She asks.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-27, 11:50 PM
Nikolai chose not to respond to the frightened comment, biting her lip. Did she really seem like such a fragile person?
"Er, well, I only figured it out a few years ago. Hadn't really been around dead people much before then." She spoke softly, watching her steps against the dark ground so as not to trip.
She did that often.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-28, 12:00 AM
"I have raised the dead plenty." She says, smiling at her actions. She licks her lips.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-28, 12:03 AM
"Oh?" Suddenly, Nikolai's curiosity was nearly unbearable, and she looked up to the other woman with awe in her hazel eyes.
Perhaps she might learn something from this, some way beyond having to press her mouth to the dead to raise them.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-28, 12:11 AM
She nods, smiling more now.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-28, 12:13 AM
There seemed to be something...unsettling about the situation.
Nikolai could feel the hair on the back of her neck rise, but she continued to walk on with Amelia.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-28, 12:18 AM
After passing by a few crooked old buildings, they reach their destination.

"The Cemetery." Amelia breaths into the night. She opens the gate, causing it to make a eerie creaking sound. After glancing back at Nikolai, she walks onto the grounds, stopping after thirteen or so paces to beckon the other girl.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-28, 12:21 AM
The cemetery.
It really shouldn't have given Nikolai the chill it did. Almost impulsively, Nikolai glanced up to make sure there was no full moon tonight.
Going fuzzy really wouldn't have suited her. Again, she silently cursed Faust for using her for his experimentations.

Silently, as per usual, Nikolai did a small jog-walk to catch up with Amelia.

ThePhantom
2008-07-28, 12:23 AM
Part of the darkness follows her.

Draken
2008-07-28, 12:27 AM
A darn weird bird lands on the crawling darkness and starts pecking the floor where it most likely is.

ThePhantom
2008-07-28, 12:29 AM
It misses. Foolish bird, I would flee before I touch you and turn you into dust." The darkness floats into the light, revealing it to be a black sphere.

Draken
2008-07-28, 12:34 AM
The bird acts ignorant to the speech of the black sphere, hoping along the cobblestones to try and hit it with it's beak again.

On a footnote, the bird is sickly yellow, it's feathers are wet and it' eyes are of a deep crimson hue.

ThePhantom
2008-07-28, 12:36 AM
"You wish to die? So be it." The sphere fires a lighting bolt at the bird.

((I would do something else, but it would be godmoding unless the bird actually hit the blot))

Draken
2008-07-28, 12:41 AM
(You could state what usually happens when something touches an umbral blot, which happens to be disintegration, and then I would say if it works or not)

The bird is zapped, flopping backwards and twitching on the floor.

Next thing, it starts to melt into a puddle of foul smelling ooze and bits of strange matter.

ThePhantom
2008-07-28, 12:45 AM
"Clearly, it was no normal bird." The blot float closer to the puddle. Now let's see who made you. The blot then does a scrying spell.

Draken
2008-07-28, 12:48 AM
But it is a construct!

So?

The scry backlashes into a shriek of incomprehensible intonations spoken by a miriad of voices. This holds a potent confusing effect, to which no being of reallity is fully warded against.

The bird melts down, until it is merely a puddle of ooze with a red squid eye floating in the middle.

ThePhantom
2008-07-28, 12:52 AM
Ow, that was unexpected. Well, its time to for a little reseach. Magic hand. " The hand picks up the ooze and the eye. The blot and the hand fade into the night.

((The blot's mind is a vestige, not a creature of reality anymore.
Also, deadtime))

Draken
2008-07-28, 12:59 AM
The eye and the ooze suddenly phase out of existance, as if they were never there.

Where the bird hoped, the despoiled water puddles it left are shaped like human footprints.

D_Lord
2008-07-28, 03:17 PM
A grey glowing portal opens. A heavy armored man steps out carrying a long spear that has an odd glow to it. Hundreds of little gray things follow behind him.
NOW IS THE TIME. QUAMMES ATTACK!

They little gray things start moving out.

They disappear.

Shabal
2008-07-28, 04:36 PM
Manco wanders into Town from direction of the playground, dropping by a stables outside of the Greyfish hotel. He returns with a brown, fairly good sized horse, about a head taller than him, and ties him up outside of the Tavern next to a trough of water. Then he disappears inside.

Szilard
2008-07-28, 04:42 PM
Finnis enters the streets, looking for the grey things.

Finnis

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/FinnisBobertTanook.png

ApeofLight
2008-07-28, 10:11 PM
Dr.Rato walks out of the Dancing Fox and starts to walk around town. Eventually finding Abrajin's Library and decides to go in.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 12:13 AM
ThePhantom leaves Abrajin's Library. "Stupid Librarian. I'll show him. A little size change should teach him a lesson." ThePhantom grows larger and goes back inside Abrajin's Library.

TFT
2008-07-29, 02:20 AM
A pop can be heard on the streets, and a teen in a robe is seen in the middle of the street. After looking surprised for a moment, he mutters to himself:
Stupid spell, It took me to a random street in a random town... I should probably be getting back to where I was. Now what was that spell again?
After a couple minutes of thinking, he sighs. He now mutters, "Stupid spell... Well, I should probably find a place to stay the night. Seeing a place called the Dancing Fox inn, he heads toward it.

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 10:19 AM
One Kalos disembarks from a certain pandimensional library. Interesting looking fellow, he. On the one hand he has the obvious marks of an evil outsider. On the other the gear that he's decked in are clearly the vestments and implements of a paladin.

The 'T' shaped holy symbol that can be found here and there on him should be a sign of that. Though it really isn't the symbol of any of the beings commonly worshiped around Town. Probably because Rebo thinks its more interesting to make up cultures rather than yoinking them from Wizards source books.

Those spooky wizards.

Well, regardless, Kalos the abyssal paladin isn't going to be described in great detail at the moment since Rebo's current avatar is a fairly accurate representation.

So all this begs the question 'what is he doing out here?' The answer there is simple enough. He's walking. Checking out the sights. It has been a while since he was last in Town and there's plenty to see. He's pretty sure that the services of a valiant warrior of good will be needed around here. After all, he was an NPC in Town for an undisclosed amount of time before Rebo thwacked him with the PC stick.

He knows well enough what the common folk go through around here.

So yes. Walking. He'll keep doing that. Just walking the streets. May or may not run into something interesting. See, Rebo could be summoned off to work at any moment.

Isn't sure how much time the PC will have.

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 01:23 PM
Vicious "keep left" sign's terrorize the streets, attacking passerbys.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 02:04 PM
A black sphere floats out of Trog's. "This will teach that librarian a lesson he won't soon forget, oh, wait, he will. Stupid signs." The black sphere ignores the signs, as any that touch it are turned to dust.

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 02:17 PM
MP refrences are immune to disintegration, they nudge and poke the blackball.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 02:17 PM
((It is gone already.))

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 03:18 PM
That's certainly an unexpected turn of events. One usually doesn't expect creatures of order such as... street signs... to randomly thwack people.

Regardless, Kalos decides that he had best do something about this problem. And to that end he stretches his brass gauntlet toward the nearest group of nasties.

"Stay your hand against the innocents or be consumed by the holy breath of Estii!" the paladin proclaims as halos of brilliant golden fire burst into existence around several of the things.

And...

Does nothing.

Except if they show hostility to any other than the paladin. Then they can expect to get torched. And possibly dazzled. Not sure how you can dazzle a sign, but Town is strange and so is magic.

Kalos strides toward the animated objects, drawing his spear as he nears.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 03:55 PM
((I'm back. Let the war start!)

A gray glowing portal opens. A heavy armored man steps through. Lots of little gray things with four clawed legs, and purple energy for hands, come out of the building behind him and through the portal.

Quammes full meas mode, code D3O8O6M26K0I23L3L.

The gray things start clamping together, hundreds merging together.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 04:04 PM
The merging thing of the Quammes is now over a 250 feet and getting bigger, takening on a humanoid form. Edward looks tiny in comparison to it.
Yes, with keep on merging together, soon you'll have enough power to break through those shields with a single punch.

Mee
2008-07-29, 04:07 PM
Yes, with keep on merging together, soon you'll have enough power to break through those shields with a single punch.

((Thank you, I loled at this.
I needed that.))

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 04:09 PM
((He may be wrong, he is just human, and not a mage, he can't judge those things that well. I'm being in character.)

Mee
2008-07-29, 04:10 PM
((He is, and I know he could be wrong, I just wanted to say thank you, I haven't been feeling well lately, and I found that kinda funny.))

Szilard
2008-07-29, 04:10 PM
Finnis stares up at the towering...thing, and looks for the person that's running the taking-over-the-town deal.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 04:13 PM
"Wow, this is much bigger than I thought it would be." The Foreign Stranger stares at the giant monster.:smalleek:

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 04:14 PM
It is finally done merging together. The crude humanoid figure stands about 500 feet tall. Sir Edward stands next to its foot.
This time we just kill the people, forget the buildings. We can claim them when their owners are all dead!

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 04:15 PM
"Run away!" The Foreign Stranger runs for the docks.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 04:15 PM
Dr.Rato walks out of the library (while still being in it) and these the giant humanoid figure. " Holy crap. "

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 04:17 PM
Mark can be seen coming down the street.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 04:19 PM
'Mark! Dr. Rato! Hurry, we can reach the source from the streets if we run really fast!" The Foreign Stranger changes directions, heading for Mark.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 04:20 PM
Crush them all.

The huge thing starts slaming it's fists that are covered in the purple energy into the streets. Heading towards Dr. Rato.

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 04:20 PM
Mark looks up. What's going o- Then he spots the giant figure. oh...

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 04:21 PM
:smalleek:"Dr. Rato! Look out!"

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 04:22 PM
" Ohh shoot. " Dr.Rato starts running towards The Foreign Stranger while dropping some vials of acid and explosives.

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 04:23 PM
Mark's hands burst into flames. What is that?

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 04:24 PM
It roars. Flashs of purple energy can be see on its body where the explosives hit. It's fists fly towards the Doctor.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 04:25 PM
" @#$%!! " Dr.Rato takes out a vial and drinks the liquid in it and then throws some vials of acid at the hands.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 04:25 PM
"I think its all those little grey things at form his army combined into one big monster. We have to get Dark Lord to stop them, or anyone who goes outside will die forever."

edit
The Foreign Stranger uses some of his music to make it seems like there is five Dr. Ratos.

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 04:27 PM
Wheres the Dark Lord? ((did we just enter Harry Potter?)) Mark starts shooting spells fireballs at the creatures face.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 04:27 PM
The vials of acid smoke when they hit it but it still hits one.

(Sorry if I godmoden then, but you didn't seem to move out of the way, I can fix that if I have too)

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 04:29 PM
"He is the owner of Sir's general store! He hides in a special area within there. If we take him down, this monster should fall apart!"

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 04:29 PM
(( Wait just one of the Dr.Rato's with odds like that you proably didnt hit him. ))

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 04:32 PM
The monster looks confused because it's fist went through the Dr.

You idiot, hit them all with a shock wave.
Edward stands in front of the door of the building that they come out of. The sign Sir's General Store can be seen behind him.

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 04:33 PM
Mark turns to see Edward. He shoots some fireballs at him.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 04:33 PM
"See, we just have to get past a 250 foot monster to reach him and his most powerful minion... This is not good."

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 04:34 PM
Dr.Rato takes out another vial and drinks it and then starts running again.

Doran_Liadon
It should prove intresting...

D_Lord
He
The fireballs hit but the armor doesn't have even a little bit of ash on it. But the colors on the armor seem to be more red for a little while.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 04:36 PM
" Mark do that again but more this time. Stranger give us some protection from that thing if you can. " Dr.Rato then starts to head for Edward.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 04:36 PM
"Back Sir Edward!" The Foreign Stranger fires a sound burst at Sir Edward and a firely rock is heading for the monster.

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 04:37 PM
Mark starts to form a fireball as tall as a door.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 04:38 PM
The monster stumbles back with the impact.
No.
The armor flashes red and some odd wavery color, that looks a little like water.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 04:41 PM
"His armor, it changes to best deal with the attacks throw at him! We need to hit with him with one thing and then switch to something that beats what beats the thing we first attacked him with." The Foreign Stranger throws alchemist's fire at Sir Edward.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 04:43 PM
" Thats what I figured keep hitting him with that fire. " Dr.Rato keeps running at Edward while downing a few other potions from his coat and he gains speeds up after finishing them.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 04:44 PM
He bats it away with a long spear, some form of energy can be seen on it.

Take care of the ships.
The monster turns to the ocean and starts walking towards it.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 04:46 PM
"Keep trying, we have to beat him to get to his master! If he is still up when we take on his master we'll have to deal with them both!" The Foreign Stranger takes out a wand of fireball and fireball Sir Edward.

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 04:49 PM
Mark fires his fireball as tall as a door.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 04:50 PM
The fireballs hit Edward but he still looks fine. He charges at the Doctor.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 04:51 PM
Dr.Rato pulls out a few more vials and keeps heading at Edward. " Hit him one more time with fire! "

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 04:53 PM
"Take this Edward!" The Foreign Stranger fires a sound blast at Edward again.

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 04:53 PM
Mark starts constantly shooting firebals the size of a baseball.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 04:55 PM
The armor flashes red and the weird wavily color then the sound and the fire its it. Edward stabs at the Doctor.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 04:57 PM
"Wait, it changes color when its hit with two different attacks, try hitting him with three different attacks at same time. Dr. Rato!" The Foreign Stranger attacks Edward with another sound blast.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 04:58 PM
Dr.Rato gets stabbed but he just keeps on going at Edward and then smashes the vials in his hands onto Edward's armor. Guess what they where. This where Potions of Ice Blast. Once the break there is a huge blast of ice from each of them.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 05:01 PM
When the Doctor gets hit something seems a little off. But with the three attacks at once Edward gets knocked back with the blast, you can see a little blood coming through some of the joints in the armor.

(Spear is called Murphy's Point when it hits something, what gets hit gets alittle more unluckly.)

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 05:03 PM
"Keep it up! Three different attacks at once can hurt him! FS keeps attacking with sound blasts.

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 05:03 PM
More Fireballs!!!

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 05:04 PM
Dr.Rato starts heading for Edward with some more vials of Ice Blast.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 05:06 PM
Edward changes targets, he runs towards Mark with the spear out to inpail him.

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 05:07 PM
Mark entire body suddenly bursts into flames and a flmaes shoots out from his chest toward Edward.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 05:07 PM
Dr.Rato takes out another vial and downs it. It greatly increases his speed to reach Edward.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 05:09 PM
FS keeps up the sonic attack.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 05:09 PM
He turns the spear around with lighting reflexs and trys to hit Dr. again. The armor just flashs red with an hint of the wavely color with no sign of it being hurt at all.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 05:11 PM
Dr.Rato sides step it getting grazed on his side. He then breaks the vials again on Edward.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 05:13 PM
"A song of death for you, Edward!" FS keeps up with the sonic attack.
((Just assume that FS is still sonic attacking until the circumstandes change.))

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 05:15 PM
(More bad luck for you when.)

Edward gets knocked away again with the tri-forces hitting him.
Grr, I'll will not fail my Lord!
Edward starts spinning around thrusting out at everything he can reach with a 7 foot spear.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 05:16 PM
"Gahh!' FS ducks and weaves to dodge the spinning spear, still firing sonic attacks.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 05:17 PM
Dr.Rato avoids most of the attacks. He pulls out some more vials of Ice Burst along with some vials of acid. He then goes at Edward to hit him again.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 05:20 PM
Die!
He stops spinning and the spear glows with some white and black energy as he tries to drive it right through Doctor Rato.

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 05:20 PM
Mark makes another large fireball and fires it followed by several small ones.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 05:21 PM
Dr.Rato barely avoids it and smashes the vials on Edward. " I know when I die at it isnt today. "

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 05:24 PM
The explosion that results from this last combo attack. Hides Sir Edward's form of sight.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 05:25 PM
"Did we win?" FS stops the sonic attacks.

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 05:26 PM
Mark's fire goes out.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 05:28 PM
As the explosion dies down, the only sign of Sir Edward is the spear, and a puddle of blood.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 05:29 PM
"We.. we won! Now for his master!" FS enters the store.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 05:29 PM
Dr.Rato is lying on the ground. *cough* *cough*

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 05:30 PM
Mark runs over to Dr. Rato. Should i heal you?

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 05:31 PM
FS runs back outside. "Dr. Rato! Are you alright!":smalleek:

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 05:31 PM
" *cough* *cough* That would be apperciated. "

Doran_Liadon
2008-07-29, 05:32 PM
Heal! ((deadtime))

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 05:34 PM
Dr.Rato's wounds are mostly healed and he sits up. He then takes out a healing potion and drinks it healing the rest of his wounds. " Yes Im fine now and dont worry Im not going to die today. "

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 05:35 PM
"Dr. Rato, without Mark, I'm not sure if we could take the person behind this. Do you think we should keep going?"

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 05:36 PM
" Well who else is going to help? " He stands up and waits for FS's reply.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 05:37 PM
"Your'e right, let's go in and stop this once and for all." FS goes inside the store.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 05:38 PM
He is shortly followed by Dr.Rato.

Szilard
2008-07-29, 06:19 PM
Several dead bodys fall onto the street.
((Deadtime.))

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 06:21 PM
The huge monster comes back. Following a flying green ship.

Szilard
2008-07-29, 06:23 PM
And the Flying green ship is half a mile in the air. ((Still deadtime.))

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 06:26 PM
It bunchs up and leaps. Almost touching the ship.

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 06:29 PM
Rather belatedly Kalos manages to pop out of dead time after he may or may not have defeated a bunch of dreadfully violent traffic signs. It really doesn't take him all that long before he notices the giant... well... giant stomping around Town and apparently jumping a mile straight up into the air.

He cranes his neck waaaay back, shielding his eyes from the sun.

"You have got to be kidding..."

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 06:31 PM
It lands on it's feet causing a shockwave and cracking the streets. A flash of gray energy appears at it's head. It stops trying to get the ship and turns to Kalos.

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 06:43 PM
"Oh come on!" Kalos yells up at the colossal+ monster that has somehow managed to notice him. It isn't like he's a speck compared to it. Or doing anything terribly threatening in its direction.

Nope.

He's just standing there.

Apparently that's enough to draw its ire.

He holds one arm over his face to shield his eyes from the cloud of dust and debris, muttering a number of prayers for protection and strength should he need them.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 06:47 PM
It tries to crush him with it's fist. But strangely a voice that doesn't really belong to it. Comes out of it's not really their mouth.
Heeheheheh! Die! You foolish Paladin. My creation will give me this town and I need no more gods around.

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 07:20 PM
"Tauk!" Kalos swears in a rather un-paladin-like fashion as he leaps aside from the crushing attack at the last moment, coming up in a roll a outside the zone of smushing. Probably has his boots of evasion to thank for getting away without being reduced to paste.

They're useful like that.

"What is with all you crazy people trying to kill me just because I'm a paladin?" he yells up at the monster before thrusting his spear at the arm, the weapon blazing with holy cold-fire. Not the best he can do by any means. But he's just feeling the monster out at the moment.

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 07:47 PM
Mobs of "turn left" signs reahc the monsters and starts mobbing its toes, annoying it to no end.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 07:58 PM
That is the main point, I'm totally out of my mind.
The purple energy flashes where the spear hits the arm. It raises it arm to crush him. It has no toes. Just big solid feet.

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 08:04 PM
They mob its feet.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 08:06 PM
It raises it's foot and starts to crush them.

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 08:09 PM
And again Kalos tumbles out of the giant fist's path. As it currently stands he's got himself buffed up pretty well to avoid getting smushed. Which is a good thing for the paladin, because getting smashed isn't ever much fun.

"Well, that's all the more reason to poke you until you stop fighting back," Kalos retorts as he throws out one hand toward the monster, causing a blazing halo of holy flame to blaze into existence around it.

Aside from that it doesn't seem to do much.

Once again he thrust the spear at the arm, this time around radiant with sacred light.

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 08:11 PM
They continues mobbing him, some even climbing up his legs to his shins and knees.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 08:11 PM
Instead of the purple light a gray flash, when the spear hits.
Mmmmm, this is instersating.

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 08:22 PM
Kalos begins to look exceptionally confused. "Instersating...? The hell...?" he just shakes his head before stretching out one hand shouting a focus word in the general direction of the massive monster.

This causes a roughly twenty foot wide hollow sphere of force to shimmer into existence near one of the monster's hands before rapidly compressing down to a ten foot radius. During this initial phase of the collapse it would be possible to pull free, but once fixed the sphere is be lodged firmly in place.

And will refuse to budge.

The end result would be the monster with its fist stuck near the ground.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 08:24 PM
The monster's fist just brakes apart into little gray things that have purple energy for arms. They climb up the arm and reform the fist higher up.

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 08:25 PM
The "turn left" signs are knocked to the ground after being hit by a lightning bolt, at the other end of the bolt, about forty feet above a building, Pandaren is hovering, covered in flowing red robes and holding an oak staff with a large red orb in the middle, he turns up to the monsters, sending a similar bolt of lightning at him.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 08:27 PM
Purple energy shows up were ever the lighting hits the monster. It swings it's fist at Kalos.

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 08:30 PM
He tries some more, if obviously unaffective, he starts fireballing it.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 08:31 PM
Yet again the purple energy shielding it. It stops trying to crush Kalos, and moves on to make Pandaren an pancake.

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 08:37 PM
"Great. And here I had though that I had come up with something clever," Kalos pouts as the little gray humanoid things apparently pass right through a force barrier to reform with the rest of the mass of... thing.

Wait... It's made out of lots of smaller creatures.

"Wait... It's made out of lots of smaller creatures..." Kalos echoes the narrator as he once more throws out a hand towards the massive monster. Any and all of the gray critters within a forty foot wide region of the leg may very well find themselves suddenly falling into a catatonic slumber.

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 08:39 PM
Blue quickly floats out of the way, smashing into it wiith his staff and the combined magic energy of seven level five spells.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 08:39 PM
((they being constructs don't fall a sleep.))
The purple energy pulls away from an area about 100 feet in diameter on it's back and fires at Kalos. The pulls its fist back and covers it with the purple energy.

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 08:47 PM
Assuming his attack did nothing?

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 08:48 PM
Yes and now it is going to try and hit you really hard.

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 08:52 PM
Kalos, of course, had no idea that the things in question were constructs. After all, he isn't a wizard or anything. He's just trying everything he can think of.

He doesn't have much time to think though on account of the giant energy ball coming his way.

"Oh touk..."

Then said one hundred foot wide energy ball slams into the ground where he happened to be standing. And as per normal an equally giant billowing cloud of dust and debris results.

Oh excuse me.

Fifty foot wide energy ball.

That makes an enormous difference.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 08:53 PM
((It is only 50 feet, the rest of the energy is going to the fist.)

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 08:58 PM
Well, considering its that big, Pandaren just flies around it, behind it, above it, he's pretty hard to hit, or even see. The monsters gonna have a hard time hitting him.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 09:00 PM
It stops moving. It freezes you could say with the fist right in front of Pandaren's face. The purple energy disappears. The little gray things start falling out of the big thing, hitting the street.

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 09:07 PM
As the dust gradually settles around the area Kalos was in a form slowly resolves amidst the ruinous, blasted earth.

A shimmering hemispherical bubble with the paladin inside, holding up one hand and focusing rather hard on maintaining the barrier. Seems like it's holding just fine. This is one of those times when Kalos is very happy that he happened to have a predisposition to the elemental plane of earth. Because without that little force bubble he would have been smoked.

Then a gray thing bounces off his impromptu bunker.

"Eerr..." he glances up at the dissolving monster. "Did we win?"

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 09:11 PM
Pandaren contineus with his barrage, blasting the midgets with chain lightning and now floating only ten or so feet above the street.

"I don't think we're done yet."

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 09:13 PM
Dr.Rato carrying the Foreign Stranger run out of Sir's General Store.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 09:14 PM
The only thing that isn't done is them falling, there is millions of them.

And that the store and the opera house behind it are now a sphere of light and darkness.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 09:14 PM
FS stirs. "Did we win?"

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 09:15 PM
Dr.Rato puts him down and gives him a healing potion. " Yes yes we did. "

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 09:19 PM
Nifty.

That means all sorts of strange dwarf-sized constructs are slamming into Kalos' force barrier. It looks like he plans on keeping it up until the rain stops.

"Not to be a spoil sport or anything, but what are we going to do with these things? There must be thousands of them. This will be a hell of a chore to clean up."

He could... y'know. Eat them. But that would take a long time.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 09:19 PM
"Wow. Its neat that you took him down, but it is sad that you don't have much longer to live. Well, you do get something unusual to put on your gravestone: Defender of the Town. Most people don't bother stopping plots to take over the town. Your'e a hero!"

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 09:21 PM
" I guess so. "

He then looks at all the little things falling form the sky. " Think that the magnet thing will work on those things too? "

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 09:21 PM
Pandaren floats by him, pulling out an umbrella* and settling ontto the ground.

*not Mary Poppins

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 09:22 PM
"I guess so. If that doesn't work, then we could pile them around the wall of the town, give it a little more defense, maybe?"

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 09:23 PM
Dr.Rato reaches into his coat and pulls out another magnet. " Hey I did have another one. " Dr.Rato then starts to go and put them near the little creatures.

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 09:29 PM
((Feel great you took Dark Lord down.))

Nothing happens when the magnet gets near other then an piece of paper popping out of one.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 09:30 PM
"What this?"

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 09:30 PM
Dr.Rato picks it up and reads it if it says anything.

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 09:36 PM
Kalos ceases to concentrate on the barrier, which in turn causes it to simply dissolve back into the aether. Which is nice, because now he can move aground outside a little ten foot wide bubble.

Being stuck in such locations is really rather irritating.

The abyssal paladin kicks one of the apparently dead nasties. "Soo... does anyone have any idea what all this was about? Because frankly I'm limited to the assumption that it was another Villain of the Month trying to destroy Town."

D_Lord
2008-07-29, 09:38 PM
Last Will and Testament of Dark Lord
I, Dark Lord being of unsound body and insane mind, leave this will behind for case of my death. To ThePhantom I leave my pipe organ, it's under the streets. I put it there for save keeping and Trog's. To the one who killed me I leave Murphy's Point, and a million gold coins, don't spent it all at once, and for fun a boot to the head. Hehehehe! To Lord Magtok I leave nothing because he did nothing for me really. To Baron I leave a thousand gold coins and a boot to the head. To all those in the Town I hopefully leave a good tale for you to enjoy. But I also leave one other thing, Try to not be so boarding or I may come back. Bwahhahahahahhaha!!!!!

By Doctor Rato a million gold coins appear and a boot hits him in the head.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 09:40 PM
"From what I know of the town, AMEN is the only other group that tried to take over the town. What this about is a fallen god wanted to get his power back and needed to take over the town to do it. So he raised an army and attacked the town with it. When that didn't work so good, he remake his army into this giant so he could lay sieze to the town in spite of the people unwilling to go along." FS turns back to Dr. Rato. Wow, your rich!"

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 09:40 PM
" Oooow. ....... What the heck am I suppose to do with a million gold. Oh and Foreign Stranger I guess since we dont know what happend to Phantom you get a pipe organ. oh and Trog's apparently. "

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 09:42 PM
I always wanted a pipe organ, but what I'm going to do with Trog's. It didn't go that well when ThePhantom ran it. Any ideas?"

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 09:43 PM
Pandaren knows a chance when he sees it,

sleight of hand

Dr. Rato is 100k short of the million, he doesn't care if they see him-though he was very very sneaky about it-magic items cost a lot.

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 09:46 PM
" Put it back or I'll call the cops. "

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 09:46 PM
"Not so fast." FS blocks Pandaren thief of the money. "That's not yours."

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 09:48 PM
"Cops?.....Last I checked that monster's the most authority we've had in a while."

Note that Pandaren's still floating around ten or so feet off the ground.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 09:50 PM
"I know that there is still one cop in this town, and paladins aren't that fond of thieves either. Now give it back before we have to beat you up to get it back."

ApeofLight
" Look I dont want to get into another fight. Just give it back. Also whats Murphy's Point? "

Rebonack
Kalos ever so slowly raises an eyebrow in reply to this somewhat scattered explanation. "I guess that makes about as much sense as anything else in Town..."

Wait, what?

"Hold on, Trog's?" now Kalos just sounds utterly baffled. "Did someone duel Trog for his tavern or something? I'm pretty sure that it's public property at this point, deeded to Town itself. Can't own it anymore than you can own the Streets."

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 09:52 PM
" Well he was insane. "

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 09:52 PM
"He's right." Not the insane part. Unless he meant Dark Lord.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 09:53 PM
To Dr. Rato "I think that was the spear that Sir Edward used. The one that makes the person hit with it more unlucky."
To Kalos "There was a hostile takeover of Trog's. With Dark Lord's death, I guess it goes back to the Town now."

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 09:53 PM
" Hey no talking until you give me back whats mine. " To panda.

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 09:54 PM
He throws a hand ful of wands at him, including a 3/4 full wand of stoneskin. "There ya go, have some fun, never had use for trinkets anyway."

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 09:55 PM
"Hey, he wants his money back. Not wands."

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 09:56 PM
" No I mean the gold. " He says throwing the wands back. " What would I do with wands anyway. "

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 09:58 PM
He laughs at his comment "What to do...ha."

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 10:00 PM
" Just give me my money back. "

Rebonack
2008-07-29, 10:03 PM
"People have tried to take over Trog's before," Kalos begins slowly. See, he had seen this personally. And heard about it. It was quite the tale around Town for some time after all. "Everyone who has ever tried was either killed or banished from Town by higher powers. Really not a very good track record."

The paladin begins picking his way between the various 'dead' constructs as he approaches Panderan.

"You should really give that guy his money back. It just isn't right to steal random loot that fall from the sky," it should be noted that there's more to this than simple speech. It also carries with it a dreadfully powerful non-magical suggestion.

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 10:05 PM
He takes a "seat" in the air, "pondering."

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 10:07 PM
"We're waiting.'

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 10:08 PM
"For...?" the unfinished syllable hangs in the air.

ThePhantom
2008-07-29, 10:09 PM
"For you to give the money back."

ApeofLight
2008-07-29, 10:09 PM
" You to give me my money back. "

Pandaren
2008-07-29, 10:11 PM
He continues pondering...

He's hanging around an awful lot for somebody who's just stolen 100k in gold pieces.

D_Lord
The coins he took zap him and fly into the pile.
The part of the will that reads, To the one who killed me I leave Murphy's Point, and a million gold coins glows for a second and then fades.

ThePhantom
"Seems like the will doesn't allow thief of the money."