PDA

View Full Version : Wargame System

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 02:36 AM
I've been working on a system as of late, originally inspired by the system that Erfworld seems to be using. While originally I thought to make the actual Erfworld system, as best as possible, I've eventually changed my mind, making a different system, though it is still pretty similar. First, it uses hexes. There are 2 sets of hex maps, the first being the Strategic hex map, with each hex representing swathes of land, forests, lakes, etc. Each hex would be about 10-20 miles wide. Cities and such would also be on these hexes.

The second layer would be the Tactical hex map, with each hex being something like 10-20 feet wide. Each hex would have different terrain here as well, like forest, cliff, road, rough, etc. Formations of troops would take up one hex. This is where the battles would take place, when two armies collide
on the large map. While the main map would go on weekly or so turns, these would happen in real-time, hopefully, using a system like Gametable (http://gametable.galactanet.com/) if possible.

Here are the rules as I've developed them so far. This is a rough draft, so a lot is probably unclear or missing, so tell me if you see something that doesn't make sense, and I will try to explain, and edit this so it does make sense.

Rules:
Each unit has 5 stats, ATK, DEF, HIT, SPD, and MOV. ATK is the attack rating of the unit. DEF is the defense. When you attack someone, each side rolls a d6 and adds their ATK or DEF. If the ATK is higher than the enemy's DEF, you deal damage. For example, let’s say Unit 1 had ATK 5 and Unit 2 had DEF 6. Unit 1 rolls 5, and Unit 2 rolls 3. 5+5=10 ATK versus 6+3=9 DEF. Unit 1 succeeds and hits Unit 2.
HIT is the amount of hit points a unit has. Most have only 1. Unless otherwise specified, all attacks reduce the enemy by 1 HIT, no matter how much more your ATK was than their DEF.
SPD is the speed of a unit. The units with higher SPD go first; if the SPD is equal the units go simultaneously. For example, if Unit 1 had SPD 5 and Unit 2 had SPD 4, the Unit 1 would go first. If Unit 1 killed Unit 2 in the attack, Unit 2 wouldn't get to attack back. If he didn't kill Unit 2, Unit 2 would get to attack back. If both units had SPD 5, however, both would attack each other at the same time, possibly resulting in the death of both.
MOV is the amount of hexes a unit can move in a turn. You have to enter an enemy's hex to initiate a combat. The units stay in each other's hex for the duration of the combat, which could take a few turns. If either side of the combat tries to leave, he can be attacked by the enemy without getting attacked back, unless their SPD is double that of the enemy or more. (If only some of the enemy has enough SPD to attack, then only they can attack)
Multiple units can occupy the same hex. If they do (and are friendly) they get a "stack" bonus. Basically, they operate as one unit, with one set of stats. ATK and DEF are the average value of the units in the stack (rounded down), plus the number of units in the stack -1. So, 3 units, all with ATK 3, would use average 3 plus 3-1=2 for a combined ATK 5. This bonus maxes out at 4 normally, but training can raise this cap. (as long as at least half of the unit has the training) As well, if an attack by this "combined" unit succeeds, it deals an amount of damage equal to the stack bonus it receives. So, a formation of 8 attacking with no training would deal 4 damage if it hit. This damage is allocated by the attacker, as desired, unless the enemy has a higher training rank, in which case the defender chooses where to put damage.
SPD and MOV use the lowest value of the group for all units in the group. So if a group of 6 has MOV 2, 5, 3, 4, and 7, the whole group would have a MOV of 2. If that group then moves 2 hexes, that consumes all of the MOV for the group. Even the unit with 7 MOV now has no MOV left for that turn. For the 7 MOV unit to move 7 hexes, it would have to separate from the group at the start of its movement.
Units with ranged weapons can initiate an attack from a number of hexes away that is determined by their weapon. This basically works the same way as a normal attack, each side rolling ATK and DEF to see if damage is caused.
Turns progress in 4 stages: Movement, Magic, Shooting and Combat. All movement is done first, including units entering combat with other units. Then, and casters use their magic. Then, any units with a ranged weapon shoot, and finally all units engaged get their attacks.

Special Attributes:
Charge: On the first round of combat, if you moved to initiate combat, you get +4 to ATK, +4 to SPD, -4 to DEF, and deal an amount of damage equal to your stack bonus, even if you miss.

Plant: As long as you did not initiate a combat, you always attack first in the first round of that combat.

Unwieldy: This unit does not contribute to the stack bonus of any stack it is placed in.

Crushing: Ignores and bonuses the enemy gets to DEF from armor.

Big: This weapon cannot be used with a shield.

Reach: The maximum stack bonus to ATK is doubled.

Shield Wall: The maximum stack bonus to DEF is doubled.

Large: This unit cannot stack with other units. No other units can enter the hex this unit occupies unless they are engaging it in combat. Equipment for this unit costs twice as much.

Flying: This unit treats all squares as normal terrain. They can only be attacked by other flying units, and ranged units, unless they specifically initiate combat against a unit on the ground, in which case they lose the bonuses of flying for the duration of that combat, until they kill the enemy or after fleeing the combat.

# Passengers: This unit gives the effects of being mounted to as many riders as allowed. All Riders of this mount get the bonuses of the mount, but otherwise act as normal, though they are always in a stack together.

Tall: Riders on this mount cannot attack with melee weapons in combat. They can use ranged weapons normally, even in a combat.

Ranged: This unit can attack at its range during the shooting phase. It does not gain the bonuses of its ranged weapons in combat, and cannot shoot if it is in a combat.

Stupid: This unit cannot be trained past Basic Training, which costs twice as much. Does not gain the Veteran bonus.

Small: This unit cannot use Large weapons.
Regenerate: This unit regains 1 HIT at the end of each turn.

Mount: A unit with this equipped replaces its normal base MOV with the MOV of the mount. Apply any modifiers to this MOV as normal.

Weak: Double all negative MOV modifiers on this unit.

Stats:{table]| ATK| DEF| HIT| SPD| MOV| Special|
Races| | | | | | |
Human| 1| 1| 1| 3| 4| |
Orc| 2| 1| 1| 2| 4| |
Goblin| 0| 1| 1| 4| 4| Weak, Stupid|
Ogre| 5| 0| 2| 1| 3| Stupid|
Lizardfolk| 3| 2| 1| 4| 5| |
Elf| 1| 1| 1| 5| 5| |
Dwarf| 1| 2| 1| 2| 4| |
Kobold| 0| 1| 1| 4| 4| Weak|
Troll| 6| 4| 4| 2| 2| Large, Regenerate, Stupid|
Demon| 6| 6| 10| 6| 6| Large|
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
Training| | | | | | |
Basic Training| 1| 1| | 1| | Max Stack Bonus +2|
Formation Training| | 1| | | | Max Stack Bonus +4, Requires Basic Training|
Advanced Training| 3| 2| 1| 3| 1| Requires Basic Training|
Veteran| 1| 2| | 2| 1| Max Stack Bonus +2|
Undead| -1| -1| 1| -4| -2| Stupid|
| | | | | | |
Weapons| | | | | | |
Short Sword| | | | 1| | |
Sword| 1| | | | | |
Greatsword| 3| | | -1| | Big, Unwieldy|
Axe| 2| | | -1| | Unwieldy|
Greataxe| 4| | | -2| | Big, Unwieldy|
Short Spear| | | | | | Plant|
Long Spear| 1| | | | -1| Big, Reach, Plant|
Mace| 2| | | -1| | Crushing|
Maul| 4| | | -2| -1| Big, Unwieldy, Crushing|
Shortbow| 2| | | | | Ranged|
Crossbow| 1| | | | | Ranged|
Longbow| 2| | | | | Ranged|
| | | | | | |
Armor| | | | | | |
Light Armor| | 1| | | | |
Medium Armor| | 1| 1| -1| | |
Heavy Armor| | 2| 1| -2| -1| |
| | | | | | |
Shields| | | | | | |
Buckler| | 1| | | | |
Round Shield| | 2| | -1| | |
Tower Shield| | 2| | -2| -1| Shield Wall|
| | | | | | |
Mounts| | | | | | |
Light Cavalry| | | | | 10| Mount, Charge, Weak|
Heavy Cavalry| | 1| 1| | 8| Mount, Charge|
Elite Cavalry| 1| 2| 1| | 10| Mount, Charge|
Flying Cavalry| | | | | 12| Mount, Flying, Charge, Weak|
Huge Cavalry| 4| 2| 8| | 4| Mount, Large, Charge, 8 Passengers, Tall|
| | | | | | |
Mount Equipment| | | | | | |
Barding| | 2| | | -1| |
Light Chariot| | 1| | | | 2 Passengers|
Heavy Chariot| 1| 2| | | -1| 3 Passengers|[/table]
On the main map, armies move around as they need, units can be trained in any city, cities themselves produce upkeep, and all units cost a certain amount of upkeep per round. (None of this stuff is really fleshed out fully yet)

If anyone could tell me how to work a table, I could get the unit stats on here, searching turned up nothing. I'll be doing a test battle or two to try and establish balance and work out the likely numerous bugs. If anyone is interested, we could start as soon as tomorrow, though probably not for a few days.

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 10:52 AM
Is anyone interested in testing this/helping me develop this?

Fan
2008-07-27, 11:23 AM
Yes, your right. In response to your earlir post, I would'nt mind trying this out just expect me to take awhile stating my demons/undead/orcs, and goblins.

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 11:28 AM
For now, I just want to get the basic system down. So arranged battles between 2 players, with set starting points. Let's try 1000 for a first battle, if you want to make an army. And that reminds me, I have to put up stats for undead and demons. I already have orcs and goblins though.

Fan
2008-07-27, 11:31 AM
So, where would I find these stats posted? Or, are you going to post them in this thread nw that there is acutal interest.

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 11:33 AM
I have the stats, but they're in an excel sheet, and I don't know any good way of posting them on here. I was thinking table, but I don't know how to do a table on this board. Here's how they look when I just copy-paste:

Fan
2008-07-27, 11:37 AM
Okay so its attack,def,mov,etc from left to right?

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 11:41 AM
Yeah, but some don't add to certain stats, so only the races actually show up okay. I'll edit it so it's at least somewhat possible to sort through all that. One second.

Edit: Ok, replaced the value that things don't add to with 0 instead of just nothing. Put it in the first post, as well. The stats go: Name, ATK, DEF, HIT, SPD, MOV, Special Attributes, Cost.

I'm sorely tempted to make the cost be in shmuckers. :smalltongue:

alexeduardo
2008-07-27, 12:08 PM
King Javi of the Ghonjay is Definetly Interested!
(I'm gonna do the stats for my boys! *glee*)

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 01:16 PM
Ok, I'm going to go for a 1v1 battle to start the testing, as soon as you guys can start. If you're both available, I'll DM over a match between you two, otherwise I'll match one of you myself. Each army will be 10k points. (Which should be enough to get a small army) I also need a name for the currency. Shmuckers would be funny, but misleading since this isn't an Erfworld copy.

Go ahead and make up lists if you want. I'll be posting my own list in a bit to try and establish a template.

alexeduardo
2008-07-27, 02:36 PM
Okay, here goes:
(All Ghonjay are considered veteran and human)

Holy Concscripts: the backbone of a Ghonjay army, they come from all around the world and are the most numerous in battle.
(175) Poins Each.
Race: Ghonjay
Atk4 (+1 for training) (+3 for weapons)
Def5(+1 for training) (+1 for armor) (+1 for shield)
Hit3 (+1 for training) (+1 for armor)
Spd5 (+1 for training) (+1 for weapons)(-1 for armor) (-1 for shield)
Mov5

They have recieved Formation training (+1 on all stats exept hit and spd and move(I hope I got this right))

They use Short Spear (+1 attack)
And Ghonjay Warknife (+1 attack)

Medium Armor (+1 Def and hit, -1 spd)

Round Shield (+1 def, -1 spd)
Charge

There are Twenty one houndred men BattleGroups (3500 pts) present at battle

Ghonjay Legionaire A new type of soldier, these units are experimental as well as disposable.
210 points each

Atk6 (+1 for training) (+3 for weapons)
Def5(+1 for training) (+2 for shields) (+1 for armor)
Hit2 (+1 for armor)
Spd5(+1 for training) (+1 for weapons) (-2 for shields) (-1 for armor)
Mov5(+1 for training) (-1 for shields)

They Have recieved Formation training

They are ecquiped with long spears and a Ghonjay Warknife

They use a tower shield

They use medium armor

They can form Shield wall
They can Plant
Thay can Reach

There is only one Battlegroup of a ten brave Legionaries at the moment
(2100 pts)

Mantis Warriors The cleansers of the unbelievers
220 points each

8 (+3 for training) (+3 for weapons)
6 (+2 for training) (+1 for armor) (+1 for shields)
3 (+1 for training) (+1 for armor)
9 (+3 for training) (+1 for weapons) (-1 for armor) (-1 for shields)
6 (+1 for training)

Advanced training (+3atk,+2def,+1hit,+3spd,+1mov)

They use a sword (+2 to atk)
They use a Ghonjay warknife (+1 to atk and spd)

They use medium armor (+1 to def and hit, -1 to spd)
They use a round shield (+1 to def, -1 to spd)

There are 10 WarSquadrons of ten (2200) of mantis warriors at the battle

alexeduardo
2008-07-27, 02:38 PM
please tell me if this is correct rules-wise and if there are rules for bringing a commander to battle.
I know it may not be the most tactically brilliant of armies, but hey. The Ghonjay are a sea people, this'll be their first land battle

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 02:44 PM
Well, the war-knife would probably be a short sword. You can carry the knife as a secondary weapon, but it doesn't add to your attack. You can basically choose to use your secondary weapon instead of your main weapon at the start of each round of fighting. Mostly useful for having a spear for the first round of combat, then switching for a sword or something after that. I'll add this to the rules, but basically you get a 1H weapon and shield, or a large weapon. In addition you can have a single 1H weapon or ranged weapon as a secondary weapon.

And all units are assumed to be veterans for simple point-buy battles. In a real campaign, they would only get veteran after their first battle.

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 03:30 PM
Ok, here's my current build for a 10k point army:

General: Lord Destromauch, of the Bloody Claw
Demon, Basic Training, Advanced Training, Maul, Heavy Armor
750 points

Cultists:
Human, Basic Training, Short Sword, Light Armor, Buckler
170 points

Soldiers of the Bloody Claw:
Human, Basic Training, Formation Training, Short Spear, Heavy Armor, Tower Shield
270 points

Cultist Death-Riders:
Human, Basic Training, Advanced Training, Short Sword, Light Armor, Buckler, Light Mount
250 points

Knights of the Bloody Claw:
Human, Basic Training, Advanced Training, Mace, Round Shield, Heavy Armor, Barding
440 points

Points - Unit
3400 - 20 Light Infantry
2700 - 10 Heavy Infantry
1250 - 5 Light Cavalry
1760 - 4 Heavy Cavalry
750 - 1 Lord Destromauch
9860 Points Total

I'll be adding stats for magic weapons as well as magic users soon. Also, A new requirement is that each army needs a General unit, which is any unit with Advanced Training. Might make a separate Leadership ability instead, which might have multiple ranks, giving more bonuses to all troops. The is prone to change as I work it out, though.

Also, I'd like if everyone could use this template for their armies.

samurai
2008-07-27, 06:44 PM
Good stuff so far it,

I like everything so far except there is no rules for terrain and that's usually a big part of any strategy game. Restricting terrain like mountains, rivers or forest could give a unit a bonus to defense and a minus to its speed and movement. Also you could have training that allows units to use the terrain better (i.e more bonuses less minuses).

Finally is there a name for this system?

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 06:46 PM
Ach, yes. Terrain is a big part I forgot, but it will definitely be important. As for a name, I don't have one yet, so I'm open to suggestions.

alexeduardo
2008-07-27, 06:55 PM
Ach, yes. Terrain is a big part I forgot, but it will definitely be important. As for a name, I don't have one yet, so I'm open to suggestions.

DeathWar
WarMen
WarStories
BattleTale

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 07:24 PM
Eh, hoping for something a bit more organic than those. It will remain unnamed until I hear a good one or think of one myself.

Ok, for this first battle, we won't be using terrain, just a blank map. There will be terrain soon, though. I just want to start getting the basics worked out. I changed up the stat listing again. If you guys want any equipment that isn't on that list, just tell me. Note that it should be sufficiently different, though. Those Ghonjay war knives are short swords.

samurai
2008-07-27, 08:15 PM
as for the name thing maybe we could come up with a genric storyline using all the different armies that players have made. EDIT and use a catch pharse from the story like warhammer seris is based of the emperor's hammer

oh and two more things what about magic? and what do you think of a vampire template? Because I was thinking of having a undead army lead by a group of vampire/necromancers.

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 09:23 PM
Vampire is fine, he could have regeneration ala the troll. Write up the stats and cost, and I'll edit if it needs. (Probably won't know if it's balanced until playtesting) (scratch that, it will be unbalanced. We don't know which way until playtesting)

As for the game, maybe, Maul? I like mauls, and we could even call it Warmaul or WarMaul or something.

Edit: More will come later, in the thick of a MTG PbP battle right now, so yah.

BRC
2008-07-27, 09:47 PM
I table-ized the stats

Stats:

{table=head]Name|ATK|DEF|HIT| SPD| MOV| Special|Cost|
Races|
Human| 1| 1| 1| 3| 4| None| 60|
Orc| 2| 1| 1| 2| 4| None| 60|
Goblin| 0| 1| 1| 4| 4| Small, Stupid| 30|
Ogre| 5| 0| 2| 1| 3| Stupid| 140|
Lizardfolk| 3| 2| 1| 4| 5| None| 100|
Elf| 1| 1| 1| 5| 5| None| 80|
Dwarf| 1| 2| 1| 2| 4| None| 80|
Kobold| 0| 1| 1| 4| 4| Small| 40|
Troll| 6| 4| 4| 2| 2| Large, Regenerate, Stupid| 200|
Demon| 6| 6| 10| 6| 6| Large, Stupid| 300|
Training|
Basic Training| 1| 0| 0| 1| 0| Max Stack Bonus +2| 20|
Formation Training| 1| 1| 0| 1| 1| Max Stack Bonus +4| 40|
Advanced Training| 3| 2| 1| 3| 1| None| 80|
Veteran| 1| 2| 0| 2| 1| Max Stack Bonus +2| |
Undead| -1| -1| 1| -4| -2| Stupid| -20|

Weapons|
Short Sword| 1| 0| 0| 1| 0| None| 10|
Sword| 2| 0| 0| 0| 0| None| 10|
Greatsword| 4| 0| 0| -1| 0| Big, Unwieldy| 30|
Axe| 3| 0| 0| -1| 0| Unwieldy| 10|
Greataxe| 5| 0| 0| -2| 0| Big, Unwieldy| 30|
Short Spear| 1| 0| 0| 0| 0| Plant| 10|
Long Spear| 2| 0| 0| 0| -1| Big, Reach, Plant| 20|
Mace |3| 0| 0| -1| 0| Crushing| 20|
Maul| 5| 0| 0| -2| -1| Big, Unwieldy, Crushing| 30|
Shortbow| 3| 0| 0| 0| 0| Ranged| 10|
Crossbow| 3| 0| 0| 0| 0| Ranged| 20|
Longbow| 3| 0| 0| 0| 0| Ranged| 30|

Armor |
Light Armor| 0| 1| 0| 0| 0| None| 20|
Medium Armor| 0| 1| 1| -1| 0| None| 40|
Heavy Armor| 0| 2| 1| -2| -1| None| 60|

Shields|
Buckler| 0| 1| 0| 0| 0| None| 10|
Round Shield| 0| 1| 0| -1| 0| None| 20|
Tower Shield| 0| 2| 0| -2| -1| Shield Wall| 40|

Mounts|
Light Cavalry| | | | |10| Mount, Charge, Weak| 40|
Heavy Cavalry| 0| 1| 1| 0| 7| Mount, Charge| 60|
Elite Cavalry| 1| 2| 1| 0| 8| Mount, Charge| 80|
Flying Cavalry| 0| 0| 0| 0| 12| Mount, Flying, Charge, Weak| 120|
Huge Cavalry| 4| 2| 8| 0| 4| Mount, Large, Charge, 8 Passengers, Tall| 400|

Mount Equipment |
Barding| 0| 2| 0| -1| 0| None| 40|
Light Chariot| 0| 1| 0| 0| 0| 2 Passengers| 60|
Heavy Chariot| 1| 2| 0| 0| -1| 3 Passengers| 80|[/table]

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 09:48 PM
I table-ized the stats

Stats:

Races|
Training|

Weapons|

Armor |

Shields|

Mounts|

Mount Equipment |
Aha! Super-much thanks! I'll have a copy of this in the OP. Still busy ATM, so I'll have it up sometime tomorrow or so. (I tweaked a bunch of stats already)

alexeduardo
2008-07-28, 12:01 AM
I table-ized the stats

Stats:

Races|
Training|

Weapons|

Armor |

Shields|

Mounts|

Mount Equipment |

But you had to wait until I was finished writing up my army, right?
Hell, I aint even sure my numbers add up due to the counfusion!

samurai
2008-07-28, 06:12 PM
Here's some ideas on terrian

first there is two different types of terrain
Strategic terrain- terrain represented on a campaign map
Tactical terrain-terrain on a battle map

since we don't have rules for strategic movement heres some tactical terrain ideas

Forest -2 MOV +2 DEF
Road +2 MOV
Shallow River=-4 MOV -2 DEF
Deep River=IMPASSIBLE
Swamp=-3 MOV -2 DEF
Mountain=-3 MOV +2 DEF

Heres a couple ideas on a stragtegic turn
Collect Resources
-Move an army
-Atack
-Fortify
-Upgrade a settlement

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 10:51 PM
Forest: half MOV +2 DEF
Road: +2 MOV
Shallow Water: half MOV -2 DEF
Deep River: impassible
Mountain: half MOV +2 ATK
Cliff: impassible
Wall: Can only be accessed from certain sides. Gives +2 DEF.
Tower: Can only be accessed from certain sides. Gives +4 DEF.
Building: Can only be accessed from certain sides. Cannot be attacked by ranged outside the building.

Sorry for being gone for so long, I'm updating again, and will be doing a test game in the next few days.

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 11:04 PM
Trying a table:
{table]| ATK| DEF| HIT| SPD| MOV| Special| Cost|
Races| | | | | | | |
Human| 1| 1| 1| 3| 4| | 60|
Orc| 2| 1| 1| 2| 4| | 60|
Goblin| 0| 1| 1| 4| 4| Weak, Stupid| 30|
Lizardfolk| 3| 2| 1| 4| 5| | 100|
Elf| 1| 1| 1| 5| 5| | 80|
Dwarf| 1| 2| 1| 2| 4| | 80|
Kobold| 0| 1| 1| 4| 4| Weak| 40|
Demon| 6| 6| 10| 6| 6| Large| 500|
| | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |
Training| | | | | | | |
Basic Training| 1| 1| | 1| | Max Stack Bonus +2| 40|
Formation Training| | 1| | | | Max Stack Bonus +4, Requires Basic Training| 60|
Advanced Training| 3| 2| 1| 3| 1| Requires Basic Training| 100|
Veteran| 1| 2| | 2| 1| Max Stack Bonus +2| |
| | | | | | | |
Weapons| | | | | | | |
Short Sword| | | | 1| | | 10|
Sword| 1| | | | | | 10|
Greatsword| 3| | | -1| | Big, Unwieldy| 40|
Axe| 2| | | -1| | Unwieldy| 10|
Greataxe| 4| | | -2| | Big, Unwieldy| 40|
Short Spear| | | | | | Plant| 10|
Long Spear| 1| | | | -1| Big, Reach, Plant| 20|
Mace| 2| | | -1| | Crushing| 20|
Maul| 4| | | -2| -1| Big, Unwieldy, Crushing| 50|
Shortbow| 2| | | | | Ranged| 30|
Crossbow| 1| | | | | Ranged| 10|
Longbow| 2| | | | | Ranged| 40|
| | | | | | | |
Armor| | | | | | | |
Light Armor| | 1| | | | | 20|
Medium Armor| | 1| 1| -1| | | 40|
Heavy Armor| | 2| 1| -2| -1| | 60|
| | | | | | | |
Shields| | | | | | | |
Buckler| | 1| | | | | 10|
Round Shield| | 2| | -1| | | 20|
Tower Shield| | 2| | -2| -1| Shield Wall| 40|
| | | | | | | |
Mounts| | | | | | | |
Light Cavalry| | | | | 10| Mount, Charge, Weak| 100|
Heavy Cavalry| | 1| 1| | 8| Mount, Charge| 140|
Elite Cavalry| 1| 2| 1| | 10| Mount, Charge| 180|
Flying Cavalry| | | | | 12| Mount, Flying, Charge, Weak| 200|
Huge Cavalry| 4| 2| 8| | 4| Mount, Large, Charge, 8 Passengers, Tall| 400|
| | | | | | | |
Mount Equipment| | | | | | | |
Barding| | 2| | | -1| | 40|
Light Chariot| | 1| | | | 2 Passengers| 60|
Heavy Chariot| 1| 2| | | -1| 3 Passengers| 80|
| | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |
Templates| | | | | | | |
Light Infantry| 2| 4| 1| 5| 4| Human, Basic Training, Short Sword, Light Armor, Buckler| 170|
Heavy Infantry| 2| 7| 2| 0| 2| Human, Basic Training, Formation Training, Short Spear, Heavy Armor, Tower Shield| 270|
Light Cavalry| 3| 5| 1| 3| 10| Human, Basic Training, Advanced Training, Short Sword, Light Armor, Buckler, Light Mount| 250|
Heavy Cavalry| 4| 10| 3| 0| 6| Human, Basic Training, Advanced Training, Mace, Round Shield, Heavy Armor, Barding| 440|
Lord Destromauch| 14| 11| 12| 6| 5| Demon, Basic Training, Advanced Training, Maul, Heavy Armor| 750|
[/table]

Sweet. I even worked up a way in excel to generate this really quickly from the format I used to make it. So easy to edit. If anyone sees something they want to edit to this, just tell me. I'll keep an updated list in the main part. And ignore the templates, those are just what I used to make my army.

Edit: Whats with the last column? I don't think that's supposed to be there, is it?

AgentPaper
2008-07-30, 11:14 PM
As for a name, I was thinking maybe Empire, or Nations, or Kingdoms. Something along those lines. I'm still gunna wait a bit before confirming any name, but I like those names best so far.

Faithless
2008-07-30, 11:32 PM
Hey paper. I'll playtest it looks pretty cool. I don't have time to read all the rules now but I will do tommorow.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 12:39 AM
Sweet. Make a list of troops worth 10,000 points, and we should be able to start pretty quickly. I'll be looking at play methods, gametable in particular seems like a good program, with a built in hex grid and all. For this first match, though, probably just a PbP with a map updated each turn.

samurai
2008-08-01, 04:57 PM
What about nations in turmoil? Oh by the way have you decided who can play in that first playtesting? I'll have my army posted soon because I really want to play in that playtesting.

and by the way

Building: Can only be accessed from certain sides. Cannot be attacked by ranged outside the building.

What about windows/openings in a building (i.e. like a ruined building)?

finally what about vampires what kind of powers would they get? I know they'd get wings but what about a drain attack do you think you could gen up they're drain attack for me please because I'm really not a expert at the system.