PDA

View Full Version : Fun Character suggestions?

Arros Winhadren
2008-07-27, 03:52 AM
My DM has decided that his campaign will only allow core races, so there goes my hopes for a Changeling Cabinet Trickster/Warshaper. So what are some fun builds? I'm entertaining taking Bardic Knack/Jack of All Trades and then just ditching bard and doing something else (is bardic knack bard level, or character level?). Our campaign is going to involve lots of dungeons, but combat isn't that important to me (my party may think differently though).

_Puppetmaster_
2008-07-27, 11:19 AM
You could go Human Wild shape Ranger 5/Warshaper 5/Master of Many Forms 10. You get the same shapechanging you'd get for Cabinet Trickster, but better. You'd have 11 uses of wild shape per day, and nine of them could be used for wild feats because each ones will last 15 hours, and Multimorph lets you change shape multuple times per use.

See if you can get your DM to let you Permanacy Detect Thoughts on you.

Plus, you could stay in changeling form whenever you'r not in another form.

Arros Winhadren
2008-07-27, 10:53 PM
Actually I think my party won't have a healer, whereas we should have good DPS/Skill usage. I know we've got a rogue and a fighter/Groin Crusher (like a reaping mauler only better, my friend made it)/Reaping Mauler (just to make it even more grappletastic). So I'm thinking Cleric, but I'm not at all familiar with DnD casters, or any healers. But I think I would like to do something like a Cleric/Duskblade, to get rid of the touch problem with the spells. Also, I think it would be fun. Is Cleric generally the best healer, or are there other options? Any WotC books are good, but PHB races only.

Silence
2008-07-27, 10:54 PM
Beguiler maxed out on intimidate and diplomacy + creativity = win.

EndlessWrath
2008-07-27, 11:11 PM
You want a healer esque/divine caster class?
I'd look at Favored Soul or Healer as a class. I have them from Miniatures handbook...but Favored soul is in Complete divine and healer is in something else i dunno what it was.

In d&d, Clerics must choose which spells he's ready to use in the day, he's ok combat wise...mostly a buff. Favored souls must choose what spells he knows...he only knows X many... but he casts more of them/day... he also is more focused toward fighting.

Healers are kinda weird... pure defensive characters. First 8 levels they gain bonus's to healing and abilities they can use 1/day to say...cleanse poison... or cleanse blindness.
They're cool if you want to play the defensive player... constant buffs. also..if you want to survive heavy combat with a frail or non-combat character... choose Sanctuary as a divine spell. You cannot attack...but people can't attack you. Good for placing spells on peoples

Emperor Tippy
2008-07-27, 11:26 PM
http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=13474

Read the notes at the bottom.