PDA

View Full Version : For all you Magic: the gathering fans

lifegospel
2008-07-27, 11:50 AM
I'm making a PbP magic the gathering game. It's played normally, like in real life. You choose the color you want, and I'll PM you your deck list, (oh, and It's from shadowmoore) then you find people to challenge. If you win, you get a point of their deck color. trade in points for packs, which give you more cards. You also gain a ranking based on how many battles you have won. I am looking for 10 people to be Masters. If a player defeats them, then the player gets a rare card. The masters also start out with rare cards and better-than-normal decks. Post here if you want to help.

Fan
2008-07-27, 11:54 AM
I'm making a PbP magic the gathering game. It's played normally, like in real life. You choose the color you want, and I'll PM you your deck list, (oh, and It's from shadowmoore) then you find people to challenge. If you win, you get a point of their deck color. trade in points for packs, which give you more cards. You also gain a ranking based on how many battles you have won. I am looking for 10 people to be Masters. If a player defeats them, then the player gets a rare card. The masters also start out with rare cards and better-than-normal decks. Post here if you want to help.

You sir, have won the internet.
I play in real life competitively, and I've won every game I've ever played online, those are just a few of the reasons you should make me a master.:smallbiggrin:

lifegospel
2008-07-27, 11:55 AM
ooh.. hmm, OK, I'll PM you the deck list, what color?

Fan
2008-07-27, 11:58 AM
Well, I play G/W Elves in real life, I have a decklist for it, and if you want easy decklists just go to
starcitygames.com they have some pretty good competitors on there, and have the easiest site to use as far as I've seen.

Hannes
2008-07-27, 12:01 PM
Oooh. I want to join. What color? Hm. Go trigger-happy. Pick a random one or choose something you'd like people to play.

lifegospel
2008-07-27, 12:05 PM
alright. use your deckllist. I hereby grant you the title of: G/W master.

The rare card you give out if defeated will be: Prismatic omen (http://www.cardkingdom.com/card_viewer.php?sid=562429548&pid=124682)

Fan
2008-07-27, 12:05 PM
Heh, I acutally own two of those in Rl.

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 12:06 PM
I'm in! Can I be multi-color? Otherwise, I'd like a white rebel deck, pleease. (Assume those are still 2nd ed)

lifegospel
2008-07-27, 12:08 PM
Oooh. I want to join. What color? Hm. Go trigger-happy. Pick a random one or choose something you'd like people to play.
alright. You are black.

Bayar
2008-07-27, 12:11 PM
Well...I play WoW TCG, but really want to give Magic a try. Give me a red deck :smallbiggrin:

Meynolds
2008-07-27, 12:12 PM
I am interested in this. Could I get a green deck?

Fan
2008-07-27, 12:13 PM
Ah, my enemy color appears.-cracks knuckles- Unless of course you want all the masters to be freinds. But I just realized something how are we goingto do hands or even know when someone is cheating obviously if they have like a perfect game EVERY time then we will know, but other than that I think the best we've got is the honor system.
EDIT: Changed my mind i'm going W/B revilark here's th deck for everyones reference
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=25369

Hannes
2008-07-27, 12:49 PM
Ah, my enemy color appears.-cracks knuckles- Unless of course you want all the masters to be freinds. But I just realized something how are we goingto do hands or even know when someone is cheating obviously if they have like a perfect game EVERY time then we will know, but other than that I think the best we've got is the honor system.
EDIT: Changed my mind i'm going W/B revilark here's th deck for everyones reference
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=25369
You sure that's okay? I mean, EVERYONE else gets decks made for them, and suddenly you pop out with one that's a netdeck? :smallyuk:

Also, lifegospel, you should turn PMs on so people could contact you if need be.

boomwolf
2008-07-27, 12:50 PM
If you include eventide I will be glad to be the izzet-color master. (using a crackleburr deck if you may.)

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 12:52 PM
Yes, the ones you sent me, are those just the cards I have now, and I have to make a deck of them? Anyways, I need some site that would allow me to see what all those cards do, if anyone knows a good place.

Though I'd rather pick out my old rebel deck from Timespiral, if at all possible. It's not cheese, it just works together so well, with lots of tricks up it's sleeves. It doesn't even use any legendaries, it's mostly just a deck I enjoyed playing a lot. (I lost the deck a while back)

lifegospel
2008-07-27, 01:48 PM
If you include eventide I will be glad to be the izzet-color master. (using a crackleburr deck if you may.)

no, sorry, shadowmoore only. If you want a shadowmoore deck, I can make you a master

shadowxknight
2008-07-27, 02:04 PM
I'm interested in playing, but I haven't touched Magic since the Kamigawa block.
Are semi-n00bs welcome?:smallbiggrin:

lifegospel
2008-07-27, 02:04 PM
of course, what color deck?

shadowxknight
2008-07-27, 02:05 PM
Black and Red
My old Onslaught deck rocked with this combo.

RTGoodman
2008-07-27, 02:12 PM
I don't really have time to actually participate in this, but just thought I'd stop by to offer some helpful knowledge.

Anyways, I need some site that would allow me to see what all those cards do, if anyone knows a good place.

The Gatherer (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/index.aspx?) is the official Magic card database and'll let you search for and read any card ever printed. It's rather helpful. :smalltongue:

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 02:14 PM
Here I am, the Immortal Master. Challenge me if you dare!

Fan
2008-07-27, 02:25 PM
You sure that's okay? I mean, EVERYONE else gets decks made for them, and suddenly you pop out with one that's a netdeck? :smallyuk:

Also, lifegospel, you should turn PMs on so people could contact you if need be.

Acutally for your information I was ALLOWED to use decks I own in Rl, but I'll go back to my origanal idea f you be hatin' Back to the G/W elves still kick your ass wit them n00b.

lifegospel
2008-07-27, 02:38 PM
alright guys, now people requesting decks or fights can do so in the request thread. this is for discussing the rules and working out kinks in the rules, namely, how to hide hands

Fan
2008-07-27, 02:44 PM
Well a good way to obcure it would be to Pm your hand to you. Where its reviewed for cheating, thus you know if someone is bluffing, or if the4y try to play something they dont have.

lifegospel
2008-07-27, 02:59 PM
Well a good way to obcure it would be to Pm your hand to you. Where its reviewed for cheating, thus you know if someone is bluffing, or if the4y try to play something they dont have.

we COULD, but it would take too long

Fan
2008-07-27, 03:00 PM
Well. they would just have to pm you their draw after that. From that moment on in ordeer to maintain spped, as well as readability we just have the posts to read.