PDA

View Full Version : Magic the gathering: master Vs. Master

lifegospel
2008-07-27, 04:17 PM
OK< post your moves here guys. this is the first battle, so I might change the rules if this doesn't work out

Fan
2008-07-27, 05:07 PM
Dude, Squall line is in my sideboard, not main deck.
so could you maybe redo the random draw bussiness as my side board is not an acutal part of my deck.

lifegospel
2008-07-27, 05:54 PM
well sorry, it wasn't marked sideboard anywhere I could see, 1 sec

Fan
2008-07-27, 06:14 PM
The old druid grasp the enrgies of the air, and a massive forest appeared behind him. (play a forest your turn.)

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 06:36 PM
"You are hasty, foolish druid"

As he said this, he contemplated his first move carefully. Coming to a decision, he extended his hand, and grain started to pour from his fingers, creating a vast desert. On here he drew a path of stones. Then, pulling power from the very land he had just created, he summoned a beautiful maiden to do his bidding.

"They have a saying, where she comes from. "Only in our vulnerability is there true power, and that power is life itself." You would be wise to learn from this, druid."

Crunch:Draw. Play Flagstones of Trokair. Tap Flagstones of Trokair for 1 white mana. Spend 1 mana to play Martyr of Sands. End turn.

Cards in play:
http://magiccards.info/scans/en/ts/272.jpghttp://magiccards.info/scans/en/cs/15.jpg

Fan
2008-07-27, 07:31 PM
He drew a deep breath, and the forest behind him grew even vaster.
"Hasty? You are the foolish one already summouning WOMEN to do your work bah."
(why am I drawing the only cards in MY WHOLE DECK, that cost more than two or three.)

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 07:42 PM
Smiling, Taeroth knew that this foolish druid knew not the subtle powers that women could hold. This would only further assure his advantage. Drawing his mind together, he focused, and added more to his holdings. Vast plains covered in mists appeared before him. They would serve as a link between this world and the world of the dead. For a master of Immortality, death was no boundary.

"You underestimate women, as you do me, fool druid. You will come to regret this folly."

Play Mistveil Plains.
http://magiccards.info/scans/en/shm/275.jpg

Land:
Flagstones of Trokaie
(Tap) Mistveil Plains
Creatures:
Martyr of Sands

Fan
2008-07-27, 08:10 PM
He laughs as hee sees what the gods have blessed him with.
With a elaborate wave, and some mummbled chanting behind him appeared a dark cavern that seemed to pulsate as if alive (Mutavault.)
A collection of gray, and green energy built up in his hands, and as he released it a small odd looking uphe apperead, and the druid seemed to get a little younger (Play kitchen fink, and gain two life your turn.)
Here;s the cards I played this turn.
Muta Vault
http://sales.starcitygames.com//carddisplay.php?product=48806
Kitchen Finks
http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisplay.php?product=49785

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 08:48 PM
Taeroth drew yet more power from the desert he had made, and sent it into his servant. Whispering orders in the ear of his servant, she began her work. Waving her hands, Taeroth's form began to appear above her, and as it became more clear, all of his abilities and powers became visible to all. He was laid bare. Then, however, the power that had formed in that image of Taeroth grew, and Taeroth felt himself grow stronger, more powerful than he ever had before. With this new power, he made the Trokair road even longer than before, stretching across miles upon miles of desert.

"Now you see my power, fool druid! You know that I have no weakness, even as all that I am is laid bare!"

Tap 1 Flagstones of Trokair. Sacrifice Martyr of Sands, reveal 6 cards, gain 18 life. Play Flagstones of Trokair.

Life: 38

Cards revealed:
Flagstones of Trokair x2
Rule of Law (http://sales.starcitygames.com//carddisplay.php?product=45849)
Austere Command (http://sales.starcitygames.com//carddisplay.php?product=47141)
Beacon of Immortality (http://sales.starcitygames.com//carddisplay.php?product=45781)
Snow Covered Plains
1 card not revealed

Cards in play:
Flagstones of Trokair x2
Mistveil Plains

Graveyard:
Martyr of Sands

Fan
2008-07-27, 08:57 PM
The old driud smiled did he not know the might of the forest? It did not matter tyhe power that grew within him, he did not yet know how to relaese on it. that, and he had removed his only defense it was time for him to learn his place.
Another forest emerged behind him the lush forest now nearly covering the area behind him with a vast pulsating cavern slumbering.
and suddenly a the ouphe gained wings, and a shield its muscels pulsating, and growing.
The ouphe dived towards him anime speed lines behind him as he knocked the small man on his ass.

Lay a forest
play shield of the oversoul
http://sales.starcitygames.com//carddisplay.php?product=49996
Kitchen finks with its boosted power attacks you in the aior for 5.

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 09:17 PM
Grimacing at this treachery, Taeroth continued to pave the desert with his power. The attack by that pitiful creature was not important, he would deal with it in time. As he finished his work, he once again drew power from the desert, this time making his will manifest. All would obey his law.

"Even you cannot disobey me in this, foul druid."

Draw. Play Flagstones of Trokair. Tap 3 Flagstones of Trokair for 3 white mana. Play Rule of Law. End turn.

HP: 33

Cards in play:
Rule of Law
Flagstones of Trokair x3
Mistveil Plains

Graveyard:
Martyr of Sands

Fan
2008-07-27, 09:27 PM
The druid smiled he did not care what the little mans rule said, but alas ot was myticaly enforced as he wracked his brain for answers it came to him he needed a bastion of good to defeat this upstart.
With that a wooded bastion that glowed with a gloruious light shining about it , surrounded him he quickly stepped forward though, and found himself at the gate.
He drew green, and white energy from the forest, and the man saw gray energy go into the bastion, and come out TWICE as powerrful the green, and white forces of creation entertwined.
"Its time for you to learn arrogant pup!"
Angels sang in an Immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended a collosal being of epic proporations the man knew it as "The Oversoul of dusk" a creature of myth, and legend said to come to the aid of the elves in their hour of greatest need, for a man to be able to summoun a being such as this he must be fearsome indeed.
The ouphe inspired by the apperance of the celestial being dived at the man again, impacting with a heavy dull thud as the shield of celstial energy collided with the man of sand.
Remember this name pup! The name of the TRUE master here is Argus Tosk son of Hevard Tosk defender creation, and I have long since taken that mantle."
[spoiler]
Take 5 damage.
The oversoul of Dusk.
http://sales.starcitygames.com//carddisplay.php?product=49883
And wooded bastion.
http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisplay.php?product=50120

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 09:44 PM
Taking the appearance of this new beast in stride, Taeroth set in motions the plans he had made long before. Leaving a circle of sugar, he laughed as the foul beast that had dared to assault him hungrily lept into the center of his trap. Calling on his powerful magics, he sealed the beast there. He would deal with him later, if it ever managed to get out of this prison. He braces himself for the renewed attacks of this new creature, but already he had plans to deal with this abomination, as well. With that, he began the construction of a great factory. It would provide him with even more power, or in times of need, great machines of war.

"Your move, pitiful druid. You know not the horrors you will soon face."

Draw. Tap 3 Flagstones of Trokair for 3 white mana. Play Oblivion Ring on Kitchen Finks. Play Urza's Factory. End turn.

HP: 28

Cards in play:
Rule of Law
(Tap) Flagstones of Trokair x3
Mistveil Plains
Urza's Factory

Graveyard:
Martyr of Sands

Fan
2008-07-27, 09:52 PM
The druid sighed it mattered not that he had done that. he had a new, and far more powerful beast to control, and now that beast needed a shield as the last one had had.
Wuith an ornate chant the shield of the oversoul left the finks that were held in tandem by the circle of sugar, and appereared on the arm of The Oversoul of Dusk, gaing the Wings , and enlarged muscels as mentioned before.
With that the Cavern it self grew up out of the ground soil, and stone still clinging to its neck, The beast, and The oversoul jointly charging the man, Dealing a massive blow to his body, the power he had acheived before all but gone now.

Lay, a forest
Play shield of the oversoul
Activate Mutavault with the new forest.
Swing for 9 damage

card in play
Oversoul of Dusk (tapped)
Mutavault (tapped)
Forest X3 (tapped)
Wooded bastion (tapped.)

graveyard
Kitchen finks

Removed from game:
kitchen finks.

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 10:15 PM
Taeroth was amused. Did his foe have no other tactics in it's arsenal? Chuckling, he focused his power, drawing power from all the land he had created. Again his power grew, easily restoring all of the damage his enemies had done, and more.

"Your time grows short, druid. You have little time left, and not the power to defeat me in that time."

Draw. Tap all lands for 6 white mana. Play Beacon of Immortality. End turn.

HP: 38

Cards in play:
Rule of Law
(Tap) Mistveil Plains
(Tap) Urza's Factory

Graveyard:
Martyr of Sands

Fan
2008-07-27, 10:29 PM
You should only have 38 life not 40.:smallannoyed: you were at 19 not 20 and in this case it MATTERS.

The druid smiled at the repetitvity of his opoponet well let see how he handles this

drawing energy from all of his land the power of the cavern flowing into the Bastion once again.
He summouned a massive treeefolk whos shards impacted both im his monsters, and his opponet, and with this he said "Oh I'm quite sure I have the power knave I'm just warming up.
with that the oversoul summouned a blade of energy, and slicded through several of the magical defenses that the man had.

Tap all my land for 6 mana
Play Cloudthersher
http://sales.starcitygames.com//carddisplay.php?product=47209
Yeah he's a real badass.
Swing for 7 bringing you down to 29 with cloudtheresher.

Cards in play:
Oversoul of dusk (tapped)
Cloud thersher
All land (tapped)

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 10:43 PM
Taeroth smirked.

"Do you really think you can defeat me, Master of Immortality, with brute force? Allow my to prove you wrong."

With that, he once more pulled the power of the desert and the plains and the factories into his being, bellowed out an austere command, ordering the destruction of those who would defile his being. The enchanted shield that protected the Oversoul crumpled into dust at his will, and the Oversoul itself and the towering tree-beast soon followed. As well, this crumpled the ring of oblivion he had used to entrap the smaller beast, and the Rule of Law he had put in place, but that was no matter.

"Watch as your creations wither and die at my command. Do you really think you can go against me, Grand Master of all of the Masters?"

Draw. Tap all lands for 6 white mana. Play Austere Command, destroy all enchantments and destroy all creatures with converted mana cost 4+. End turn.

HP: 29

Cards in play:
(Tap) Mistveil Plains
(Tap) Urza's Factory

Graveyard:
Austere Command
Oblivion Ring
Rule of Law
Martyr of Sands

Fan
2008-07-27, 10:45 PM
He frowned when his two beasts where destroyed but smiled when his finks came back fueling him with more life seemibng even younger then before.
He then set into play a hodge podge beast of strange propotions.
Do not judge a book by its cover this beast is more than meets the eyes.
Withy that the kitchen finks charged you again, lashing out with long gangly arms, the besital cavern emerging and swinging again.

Gain two life, going up to 22.
Play heratmender
Swing with Kitchen finks, and mutavault for 5 damage
Forest X4 ( 3 tapped)
Wooded bastion
Mutavault
here;s heartmender
http://sales.starcitygames.com//carddisplay.php?product=49738
graveyard:
Oversoul,
Cloudthersher
shield of the oversoul X2
life totals 24 (the knave.) 22 (the wise old druid.)

lifegospel
2008-07-27, 11:14 PM
ok, also, please list your total life scores and how much damage you did that turn (if any)

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 11:21 PM
Taeroth takes this latest assault with a smile. This minor assault was nothing compared to what would have happened had he not acted. Still, this would not go unpunished, and so he once more drew in the power of the land. With this power he brought again the Martyr of Sands to do his bidding. As well, he sculpted a Sacred Mesa from the plains, from which pegasi sprang forth to do his bidding.

Draw. Tap all lands for 6 white mana. Play Austere Command, destroy all enchantments and destroy all creatures with converted mana cost 4+. End turn.

HP: 24

Cards in play:
Pegasi Token
Martyr of the Sands
Sacred Mesa (http://sales.starcitygames.com//carddisplay.php?product=31806)
(Tap) Mistveil Plains
(Tap) Urza's Factory

Graveyard:
Austere Command
Oblivion Ring
Rule of Law
Martyr of Sands

Fan
2008-07-27, 11:28 PM
The old druid laughed again (seriously how many of these things am i gonna draw?) as he remembered his favorite speel, and cast yet again ANOTHER shield of the oversoul it eveloping the heartmender making it mighty, then with his reamainging power he brought into being ANOTHER heartmeander.
And with that the heartmeander dived at him from the air tottaly dodging any attempts to block it.

[spoiler]
swing for 4 in the air, dodging the little woman.:smalltongue:
Heart mender with an oversoul
Kitchen finks
Forest X4 ( 3 tapped)
Wooded bastion (tapped.)
Mutavault

graveyard:
Oversoul,
Cloudthersher
life totals 19 (the knave.) 22 (the wise old druid.)

AgentPaper
2008-07-27, 11:42 PM
Taedroth grunted at the new assault on his being, but knew that the senile druid was on his last ropes. He might be able to put out another shield, at best. It did not matter. Calling forth the pegasi, 3 now patrolled the realm, ready to intercept the coming assault. Their sacrifice would not be in vain.

Sacrifice a Pegasi. Draw. Tap all lands for 6 white mana. Bring 3 Pegasi into play. End turn.

HP: 19

Cards in play:
Pegasi Token x3
Martyr of the Sands
Sacred Mesa
(Tap) Mistveil Plains
(Tap) Urza's Factory

Graveyard:
Austere Command
Oblivion Ring
Rule of Law
Martyr of Sands

Fan
2008-07-27, 11:50 PM
The druid smiled it was finnaly time to bring out his REAL guns.
He gathered all of the energy from his forest, and out of the fforest first walked a elf women in oranate armor, and duel daggers dripping with an odd poison, then walked out another elf this one clad in light aarmour, and holding a long sword this one obviously far more pale in complexion then the other.
Now BOTH of the heartmenders leapt at you as well as the man cavern, AND the finks, all of them making a mad rush to be intercepted by the pegasi.

Draw
play wrens run vanquisher for two revealing safe hol elite
Swing with everything cept the vanquisher, and elite cause they have summouning sickness.
Dealing no damage if all blocks. If you dont block with the woman then you take 2.
life totals
if martyr does not block 17, if she does 19, and me still at 22.
swing for 4 in the air, dodging the little woman.

Forest X4 ( 3 tapped)
Wooded bastion (tapped.)
Mutavault (tapped)

graveyard:
Oversoul,
Cloudthersher
life totals 19, or 17 (the knave.) 22 (the wise old druid.)

AgentPaper
2008-07-28, 12:11 AM
"Hah, these attacks are futile. And I will show you just how futile they are! Feel the wrath of a god!"

Pulling more power into himself, he let out an enormous blast of energy onto the battlefield. Nothing could survive this blast, but he could see the magical energies already bringing a few of his foes back from the brink of death, and that blasted mongrel with the shield seemed to not even notice the attack. Not all rose to fight again, though.

Sacrifice a Pegasi. Draw. Tap all lands for 6 white mana. Play Wrath of God (http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisplay.php?product=45910). Bring 1 Pegasi into play. End turn.

HP: 15

Cards in play:
Pegasi Token x1
Sacred Mesa
(Tap) Mistveil Plains
(Tap) Urza's Factory

Graveyard:
Wrath of God
Austere Command
Oblivion Ring
Rule of Law
Martyr of Sands x2

Fan
2008-07-28, 12:18 AM
The druid sighed when al he could think of was another bastion but yes it would do, he smiled though he felt felt, and looked ten years younger. He then laughed as his creatures charged the man who had said that god would destroy them.
"Wheres your god now?
As soon as he played the bastion he noticed the heartmenders had already repaired everyiones wounds. (Yes they get rid of persit counter annoying is it not?)
With that the shielded one, the other hartmender, the man cavern the safehold elite, and the finks all made a mad rush at the man battering down his defenses.

Gain two life from finks coming back.
Play wooded bastion
All the negative 1 counter go away due to heartmender.
Tap wooded bastion to make mutavault a creature.
Swing for 9 after you block the 4/4

Field
Hertmender X2 (tapped.)
Safehol elite (tapped.)
Kitchen finks (tapped.)
Mutavault (tapped.)
wooded bastion (tapped.)
wooded bastion
forest
shield of the oversoul
Knave (10) Grand master (me) 24
damage dealt 9