PDA

View Full Version : LGBTAI+ LGBT people in the playground - part II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

SMEE
2008-07-27, 10:00 PM
Welcome.

This is a thread were we, LGBT people, use to discuss, share our experiences, give general advice and support.

Of course, everyone is welcome to post their views regarding the matter here.
I just ask that we keep this topic free of politics and religion. It's beyond the scope of this thread to discuss whether LGBT is "right" or "not".
Let us not post sexually explicit content as well, okay?

If you would rather ask for advice or post your story or your view regarding the matter, you can use the address below to send an anonymous message to be posted in this thread.

http://anonmail.smeenet.org/

Keep in mind that content which contain strong language may be filtered, and content that goes against the forum rules won't be posted at all.

Here's the link for the first thread, where much useful information lies:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62225

And to start...
It seems I have only a few weeks left before I have to go full time... Almost no one belives I'm male when I'm in guy mode... I tend to be called ma'am when shopping or walking around... :smallredface:
This is clearly a sign that guy mode isn't working anymore...

Now, let us continue with our schedule. :smallsmile:

LightWraith
2008-07-27, 10:14 PM
Awesome, new thread! Thanks SMEE!

I don't have much else to say really, except that I'm still open to PMs if anyone needs advice. Not saying I'd be good at it... but I'll try.

Phae Nymna
2008-07-27, 10:15 PM
W00t! Third post! and congratulations to Bea!

Collin152
2008-07-27, 10:34 PM
Ah, I get in on the ground floor of this one.
Have I mentioned how much I love beign me latley?
In spite of all the difficulties it presents, I'm just so happy with my identity. I think I'll sing. So, uh, I'll buy you all earplugs, hmm?

Serpentine
2008-07-27, 11:22 PM
Not to burst your bubble, Smee, but Goff gets called "miss" and the like all the time, even after he cut his hair short, and he has sideburns, stubble and a cleft chin :smallbiggrin: But yeah, I'm glad for you.
<.<
Is there any point my reposting my graph? Hey, we could put the whole Playground on it! :smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2008-07-27, 11:30 PM
The chart and all of our positions on it?

Genius!

Dryken
2008-07-28, 12:02 AM
Mmmm....that new thread smell. Smells like...Jasmine I think.

I just want to say how happy I am that the hormones are really doing their job. I don't totally "pass" yet (still getting more sir's than anything else), but I AM quite obviously confusing a lot of people with my appearance and that's better than nothing!

Also, I just recently bought myself an adorable little pill case for me estrogen:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n93/paravex/Image0053.jpg

Phae Nymna
2008-07-28, 12:18 AM
Is there any point my reposting my graph? Hey, we could put the whole Playground on it! :smallbiggrin:

That's actually be pretty cool. DOT EEEEEEET!

Collin152
2008-07-28, 12:19 AM
Then again, the top of the graph is gunna get awfuly crowded.

Phae Nymna
2008-07-28, 12:33 AM
^Make it bigger. We'll have a giant one host somewhere and someone with a bulletin board can Kinko's the thing and have a manual diagram too.

Desperate, well meaning, and entirely non-joking invitation to a week of fun with people in das playground. Short notice compared to other ones, but whatevah. For details see below.
Oh, and I might as well. If you (yes, you!) want to have fun at a (semi) traditional Oktoberfest, come to New Orleans. We'll have a gay old time (Puns Included!) and celebrate what's worth celebrating- ourselves. I am not liable if we are murdered, mugged, pickpocketed, or if we end up in Detroit. I won't be drinking, so I'll keep an eye on people. C'mon, I'm desperate here. It'll be fun. (Fun as in, "Pay for your own admission, food, transportation, and lodgings.) But seriously, I can't make any other Meet Up or Get Together. HELP ME! :smallfrown:
Please don't act like I'm the weirdest person you've ever met. Maybe next year with more planning or something. I dunno.

Dryken
2008-07-28, 12:52 AM
Alright, I'm lost here. What graph?

Dihan
2008-07-28, 02:39 AM
Hehe SMEE made the thread after all!

It's this graph:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/sexuality.gif

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-28, 03:48 AM
Grongrats on the new thread guys/girls/in between.

*flees*

Calamity
2008-07-28, 06:48 AM
Then again, the top of the graph is gunna get awfuly crowded.

I wouldn't place myself near the top of the graph. I'd probably be slightly below the centre.

So, most people I know don't know I'm bi. What troubles me the most though, is that the person I feel most comfortable about telling, can't keep his mouth shut. :smallannoyed:

Now I know what some people might think, that how can he be my friend if I can't trust him? Well the thing is we've been friends since primary school, and despite revealing things I didn't want him to reveal in the past he has always, always respected what I tell him despite the fact that a lot of people wouldn't. It's usually a case of him not realising what he's saying.

I have other friends who have been more trustworthy in the past... but I'm afraid that they won't take me seriously. Oh, I've never been good at my handling my own secrets.

Devin
2008-07-28, 08:56 AM
Hello, all. I love the pill case and I'm completely on the gay side of the chart.

Serpentine
2008-07-28, 10:04 AM
I tweaked and/or updated l' graph. Here's the small version:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/sexuality-1.gif

...and the large:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/sexualitylg.gif

V Dang, I was hoping it'd be alright. What's the biggest size that won't cause screen stretch? Also: Cool :smallcool:

Calamity
2008-07-28, 10:08 AM
Yup, that's where I'd place me alright.

Can you spoiler the large one though? It's screen-stretchy.

LightWraith
2008-07-28, 10:23 AM
Nice chart Serp, thanks for making it up! It didn't stretch my screen, but I don't think much will (2560x1600... love my 30inch monitor).

I'd probably be in the upper left.. (2,2), maybe (2,3). I consider my 100% homosexual, but I'm not arrogant enough to say that there couldn't be any remote infinitesimal chance that attraction to a woman could occur. As for the Y-axis... yeah.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-28, 10:47 AM
So, here's a question for my fellow people who couldn't care about gender less...
Or lesbians.
Lesbians would work, too..

Always before, gender never really mattered to me. I oogled and admired boy and girls equally, an equal opportunity lech.
Recently, though, I've found my oogling tends more to women. Like, much, much more. Its very rare that a man catches my eye.
And I feel really silly for asking this, but... is this normal to have such a shift in tastes, or am I being taken over to the darkside? :smalltongue:

SMEE
2008-07-28, 10:56 AM
Regarding the chart... I'd be in the middle of the X axis... and middle way to the top of the Y axis.

Rabbit: Nah, it's quite normal. I used to ogle neither gender, now I mostly ogle guys... and... wow... there are some good looking guys around... <.<
I too ogle girls sometimes, but it's mostly guys... :smallredface:

Terraoblivion
2008-07-28, 11:09 AM
Looking at the chart i would say i am probably at 2 on the X axis and haven't got much of a clue on where i stand on the Y axis, so probably somewhere around the middle.

I just really like girls and have a hard time imagining myself being attracted to men, but i cannot say that men repulse me nor will i completely reject the concept that i might like the personality of a man enough to be attracted to him. It would have to be pretty immensely impressive though. As for amount of sex i like i really don't have any experience actually having sex which makes it pretty much impossible to determine. I know that i am not asexual nor focused solely on it though.

As for "passing" i have to admit i have no idea how well i do it. People here tend to be polite enough to say nothing directly and when nobody ever addresses others with titles it is practically impossible to tell. I know that a lot of the local stores know about me, simply because they recognize me from before, but beyond that i have no real clue, though i try to tell myself that i do it just fine.

Jibar
2008-07-28, 11:28 AM
Say... if you were a...
14, 15.5
You fall off classification on that chart.

15,15 for me.
Hey, it could be a fun new thing. Even if it pushes at the boundaries of PG13 a bit.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-28, 11:33 AM
16-ish, I´m straight....
And for hypersexual - a sexual thingy, place me on the line, for I´m not quite that age yet.

Dihan
2008-07-28, 11:47 AM
I'm about 10,13 on the chart.

Ethrael
2008-07-28, 11:49 AM
Ooh! Chart me please! I'm thinking I'm about (9,15) but I would change quite occasionally so if you don't want to that's fine by me...

Lyesmith
2008-07-28, 11:56 AM
It is X, then Y, right? Right?
7, 8-9 for me, I think.

The Extinguisher
2008-07-28, 12:34 PM
I'd put myself at about (12,17)
The concept of being in a sexual relationship with someone of any gender freaks me out.

And I still think it should be nonsexual, as being asexual is something different and isn't really covered on the chart. It belongs more on the x-axis than the y, but still doesn't fit there.

Thufir
2008-07-28, 01:14 PM
I'm about (12,9), maybe (12,8) I think.

LightWraith
2008-07-28, 01:21 PM
It is X, then Y, right? Right?
7, 8-9 for me, I think.

Yeah, as a general rule, X is the horizontal, Y is the vertical. Since they aren't defined as such it doesn't have to be, but labeling them the Sex/Gender Preference-Axis and the Enjoyment/Interest in Sexual Activities-Axis could become a bit tedious :smallwink:

Lyesmith
2008-07-28, 01:28 PM
Yeah. I remember it like stairs. First you go along, then you go up!
(There are reasons m confidence in my own mathematical abilities is low.)

Collin152
2008-07-28, 02:45 PM
I'm at (1.5, 7)
I'd say (1, 7), but that's giving an absolute statement, which I abhor.

UserClone
2008-07-28, 03:05 PM
Well, what are the absolute values? What numbers does the scale cover? If I missed that part, please point it out to me. I'd love to be charted, but I haven't the faintest idea where a given pair of coordinates would fall.

Calamity
2008-07-28, 03:08 PM
Both of the axes go from 1-20. On the X-axis 1 is the most homosexual and 20 is the most heterosexual. On the Y-axis 1 is the most hypersexual while 20 is the most nonsexual.

That felt so weird saying all of that. :smalltongue:

@V: Thanks

Pinnacle
2008-07-28, 03:12 PM
I dunno, something like 3, 14-15 maybe.
This is an unusual discussion.

Both of the axises (axii?)..

"Axes"

GryffonDurime
2008-07-28, 03:19 PM
I'd probably be somewhere around (4, 10).

Collin152
2008-07-28, 03:22 PM
Once we get all the ponts placed, we're going to have to see how few lines it takes to hit them all.

Am I the only one who thought of that game?

Player_Zero
2008-07-28, 03:24 PM
Can I be defined as a circle encompassing roughly 78.54 square units where the centres' x coordinate is four less than twice its y coordinate and which crosses the x axis at y = 5 and y = 13?

...For those of you who aren't amazing at maths that's a circle defined by the equation (x-14)2+(y-9)2=25

...Or whatever. :smalltongue:

Thufir
2008-07-28, 03:32 PM
Now I'm picturing someone asking Player Zero what sexuality he is and getting that as a response.
It's a rather amusing mental image.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-28, 03:40 PM
Having carefully analyzed myself, I have come to the big scientifically-found conclusion...I am 9,4

Dallas-Dakota
Player Zero´s sexuality is 25.

Heheh.

Player_Zero
Now I'm picturing someone asking Player Zero what sexuality he is and getting that as a response.
It's a rather amusing mental image.
It's a plan.

...Although I'm not asked 'what is your sexuality' on a regular basis... Maybe I could just spring it on people. Like 'Hey, my name is Owain, I'm eighteen and my sexuality is defined by this equation, where the parameter x and y are defined as being sexual preference and drive. Any questions?' Not that I ever meet any people besides fictional ones and the ones inside my head.

Also, are you picturing the skeleton saying that? Because skellingtons don't have genitals, ya' know.

Pinnacle
2008-07-28, 04:09 PM
Is anyone actually expecting Serpentine to plot all of these?

Collin152
2008-07-28, 04:13 PM
You never know.
I mean, she made an avatar of herself on a pole in response to a reasonably offhanded comment, right?

Thufir
2008-07-28, 04:14 PM
And even if she doesn't, it's an interesting thing to think about anyway.

Lyesmith
2008-07-28, 04:15 PM
...I'm just imagining her being attacked by some Giant Ants now. And the poledancing is in fact a secret australiant martial art to defend oneself.

Calamity
2008-07-28, 04:29 PM
So, most people I know don't know I'm bi. What troubles me the most though, is that the person I feel most comfortable about telling, can't keep his mouth shut. :smallannoyed:

Now I know what some people might think, that how can he be my friend if I can't trust him? Well the thing is we've been friends since primary school, and despite revealing things I didn't want him to reveal in the past he has always, always respected what I tell him despite the fact that a lot of people wouldn't. It's usually a case of him not realising what he's saying.

I have other friends who have been more trustworthy in the past... but I'm afraid that they won't take me seriously. Oh, I've never been good at my handling my own secrets.

Repost as it appears to have been drowned out by the dicussion about the chart.

DrowVampyre
2008-07-28, 04:32 PM
I'd be about...6,12. I think. Assuming the homosexual/heterosexual scale reflects mental/emotional sex rather than biological (stupid biology, ruins everything! >_<).

UserClone
2008-07-28, 04:34 PM
hm, I suppose I'd find myself at about...say 16,16 or so. Men are not entirely out of the question, just not remotely as sexy as the ladies! And I is slutty comparably to you people, apparently!

Collin152
2008-07-28, 04:35 PM
Repost as it appears to have been drowned out by the dicussion about the chart.

I had a similar problem. With friends what can't seem to shut they trap.
I actually set about guaging their ability to keep this particular secret by inquiring about one of our friends whom I knew was gay, and whom they knew was gay, but they did not know I knew about. Since they diddn't let slip that he was, I figured I could trust them.

It's a fairly unique thing, though. So, sorry.

DrowVampyre
2008-07-28, 04:36 PM

Well, I don't know how much help I can be, given that I haven't told anyone locally about my own issues due to being financially dependent on family that will not take the news well, but I think if he's the one you're comfortable telling, you should go ahead and tell him. But stress that it's important to you for him not to tell anyone else, because you want to be the one to tell them. It probably wouldn't hurt to prepare to tell other people at the same time, too, though, rather than leaving him as the only one who knows for a significant amount of time.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-28, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't place myself near the top of the graph. I'd probably be slightly below the centre.

So, you've got a friend with a big mouth.
Trust me, I was there. I think I told two people of my sexuality, and the next day half the school knew.
I assume you're not ready to be quite that "out" yet, so I suggest having a serious conversation with this friend, if you feel like you need to tell someone.
Sit him down and tell him that this is something very important, and that you're telling him because you trust him above all other friends, and that you know he'll do the right thing.
If this isn;t possible...well take another friend that is trustworthy, and slowly get into the topic with them.

Calamity
2008-07-28, 04:39 PM
I had a similar problem. With friends what can't seem to shut they trap.
I actually set about guaging their ability to keep this particular secret by inquiring about one of our friends whom I knew was gay, and whom they knew was gay, but they did not know I knew about. Since they diddn't let slip that he was, I figured I could trust them.

Well, I don't know anyone who is gay or bi except me. (and on GitP, but you knew what I meant). So that's not gonna work for me. :smallfrown:

@DrowVampyre and RabbitHoleLost: Thank you, those are really helpful. I'll try to bear your advice in mind when I next see him.

Lyesmith
2008-07-28, 04:42 PM
I've dropped a couple of hints (and then spelled it out to one person who I know I can trust), and I figure I'll just stop bothering. But not actuallt that "out" at school. Everyone just assumes, though, which saves all of us time.

Calamity
2008-07-28, 06:37 PM
I've dropped a couple of hints (and then spelled it out to one person who I know I can trust), and I figure I'll just stop bothering. But not actuallt that "out" at school. Everyone just assumes, though, which saves all of us time.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with people just 'assuming.' People making assumptions is a real pet peeve of mine. I would actually prefer everyone knowing rather than assuming.

Player_Zero
2008-07-28, 06:43 PM
Are you trying to keep it a secret? I mean, does it really matter that anyone knows?

Also, I must say that I really don't know anyone who would actually care if anyone they knew turned out to be any particular sexuality.

...'Cept maybe some of the more illegal ones.

Lyesmith
2008-07-28, 06:46 PM
I'm a very private, withdrawn person. Having to outright SAY it just seems...I dunno, too...embarassing? I've got a lot of the stuffy brit-man traits. Stiff upper lip and habitual desire for dignitiy and quiet in particular.

Dihan
2008-07-28, 06:49 PM
It's a plan.

...Although I'm not asked 'what is your sexuality' on a regular basis... Maybe I could just spring it on people. Like 'Hey, my name is Owain, I'm eighteen and my sexuality is defined by this equation, where the parameter x and y are defined as being sexual preference and drive. Any questions?' Not that I ever meet any people besides fictional ones and the ones inside my head.

Also, are you picturing the skeleton saying that? Because skellingtons don't have genitals, ya' know.

You stole my first name! :smalleek:

Give it back!

... On second thoughts, keep it. I don't like it. :smalltongue:

CurlyKitGirl
2008-07-28, 06:52 PM
I'm starting to think I may be bisexual. I've always been attracted to girls more than boys (or vice versa), but recently I've been giving both genders equal ogling.
I've definitely got a crush on Best Friend and it's prolly well known that I have a crush on a male forumite here.
The crush on Best Friend isn't one of those platonic ones but one where I feel genuinely happy to see her and actually dress up to go out with her. I also find other girls sexy; same with guys.

Best Friend is almost certainly heterosexual, but I can trust her with my life. Mum well, she calls gay people pffoters. As does all my family. And when I once hinted (actually asked outright) "Hypothetically speaking, would you mind if I was a lesbian or bisexual?" she said, "One day you'll have a boyfriend or husband and you'll give me grandchildren. I don't want a lesbian/bisexual daughter."
And my uncle confided in me today, while he was squiffy at 3 in the afternoon that a lot of the boys I went to secondary school had crushes on me. He works in different places a lot and runs into people I know at school. He also said the same of some very effeminate guys from the same school as me.
So, confusion, worry, the usual stuff. And this is the first pace I've ever mentioned this outside my own head.

Calamity
2008-07-28, 06:53 PM
Are you trying to keep it a secret? I mean, does it really matter that anyone knows?

Yes. A lot of people I've met have been very homophobic. I just don't think I'm ready to deal with that yet. I'd really rather keep it between my friends first.

Player_Zero
2008-07-28, 06:54 PM
Your name is Owain, too? I thought I was the only one!

...And now we've found each other. :smalltongue:

Seriously though, stupid spelling of name is stupid... :smallsigh:

I'll get myself renamed Optimus Prime if you will. A stupid-name-pact if you will.

Also, have you noticed that it's only the English who appear to post here at 12AM to about 2AM?

Also, you've met homophobic people? What, as friends? Huh. Maybe it's just because I would perform violence on anyone until I was accepted. Violins solve everything.

Terraoblivion
2008-07-28, 06:56 PM
Just out of curiousity, Calamity. How do you envision people refraining from assuming? I was always under the impression that assuming was an important part of being human.

Now that i am done being sarcastic and generally unpleasant, i will say i can understand why you would feel wrong just dropping hints and hopefully have people catch on. However, not doing something like that will just lead them to assuming things without you having any control over what it is they are assuming. So if you don't feel comfortable saying it outright nor is too afraid to let anybody know, dropping hints so people will assume seems like the best course of action and even if you are going to say it outright preparing the ground can be a good idea.

Lyesmith
2008-07-28, 07:01 PM
Dropping hints is just the way I'd rather have it done, I guess. Eventually people will just realise that's the way it's always been, slipping seamlessly from the mindset where it was unknown.

That, and a big "I'm GAY!" scene like they have on soap operas honestly makes me want to cringe.

Calamity
2008-07-28, 07:04 PM
Just out of curiousity, Calamity. How do you envision people refraining from assuming? I was always under the impression that assuming was an important part of being human

Well, if they do assume thing I would rather they kept their assumptions to themselves. You know, like being tactful about it. I wouldn't begrudge someone who didn't label me 'something' even though they had made an assumption about it. Because assumptions aren't always correct.

I'm not sure that makes sense or not.

Player_Zero
2008-07-28, 07:16 PM
You don't want people to label you.
You don't feel comfortable telling anyone at the minute.
You would prefer to be open about it but fear the consequences.
You don't want people to assume anything.

A fair assessment?

Because if so then the second and third statements put you in sort of a bind, huh? Want people to know and accept, don't want to tell them, don't want them to find out.

People generally can't accept things that they don't know about...

CurlyKitGirl
2008-07-28, 07:18 PM
Down here you'd get Daffyds' reaction to how he's not the only gay in the village.
Wow. That makes no sense written down. Basically homophobia is fun!
That's probably the reason I only know one openly not heterosexual person. And that's just because his sister (twin) spread the secret behind his back. Poor kid.

Lyesmith
2008-07-28, 07:21 PM
I mean, I'd rather not it be common knowledge. But I figure it will be eventually, but I'd rather just ease into that state of being.

Calamity
2008-07-28, 07:22 PM
You don't want people to label you.
You don't feel comfortable telling anyone at the minute.
You would prefer to be open about it but fear the consequences.
You don't want people to assume anything.

That's not what I said. I would rather do it gradually, telling my closest friends first. What I would not like is for it to be common knowledge to everyone I know straight away.

Collin152
2008-07-28, 07:23 PM
I used to be so terrified of anybody knowing.
TIme went on.
Now I'd just rather a few specific people not know about it, as it would cause problems. Anybody else? I couldn't care less if they knew, assuming they don't plan on hurting me for it.

Player_Zero
2008-07-28, 07:26 PM
Pfft, that's the last time I try and help someone with their problem, then.

Next time I'll go ahead and be brutally honest I suppose, and personally offend someone. Should be fun.

Screw tact.

Lyesmith
2008-07-28, 07:27 PM
To be honest, I'm not that bothers me about certain people knowning. I mean, what can they do, exactly? They're nothing, let's be honest. *Insert nihilistic rant inspired by Dr.Horrible here*

Calamity
2008-07-28, 07:28 PM
Pfft, that's the last time I try and help someone with their problem, then.

Next time I'll go ahead and be brutally honest I suppose, and personally offend someone. Should be fun.

If you think I sounded angry or offended.. then I wasn't. I was just pointing out one thing that you made a mistake on. Is all. Sorry if I sounded like I was angry. :smallfrown:

And I appreciate your advice, you know.

Pyro
2008-07-28, 10:59 PM
Ahhh I have a story relevant to this. At last I know the joy of being useful.

So back around 2 years ago I was slept over with my best friend. As usual the conversation drifted over to more serious matters and we began to talk about our secrets. At one point he mentioned he had an extremely dark secret. Naturally curious I pressured him to tell me until he dropped the hint that if Person X found out, he would really hate my friend. Person X also happened to homophobic. I immediately assumed the truth, but I didn't want to mention it for fear of an epic faux pas, but after some coaxing he came out and said it. At the time I didn't want to believe it. 2 years ago I was barely 2 months out of 6th grade and finding out your best friend doesn't fit into the social norm can be particularly devastating. I denied it to myself, but eventually I came to terms to it, which wasn't easy because I had no one to vent my feelings to. The secret was between me and him and I had to keep my word. Now fast forward a few months later and my friend decides to come out via myspace. By the next day news had spread throughout the school and everyone was supportive and tactful about it. People started talking to him more, even calling him their hero for his courage. My friend had become almost a celebrity because of his sexuality. However as time went on the situation declined. Many people were only his friend for the sake of a token gay friend or social pressures to not appear bigoted and he started to feel the backlash. At the talent show someone yelled 'f*g' during his act and a group of kids started making gay jokes. They thought they were being funny and he wouldn't take them seriously, but it eroded him and he began to get really fed up. It was even worse when his crush found out and refused to talk to him for several months following.

This was all mostly in 7th grade and it wasn't as bad as I made it seem. It settled down during 8th grade, but the occasional person still made a gay crack or asked "Are you really gay!?!?". Some were even funny- "Are you bi because if you were, you would be famous!". He's now considering not even telling anyone more in high school. While at first he was extremely open and would even find ways to tell people, he prefers to be lower key about it now.

Wooo long story. Thanks if you read it. I'm not really sure what I was trying to accomplish with that. Coming out is extremely unpredictable and any number of things could happen. My advice would be to tell a few choice trusted and gradually tell more people as you become more comfortable. The entire public announcement seems to be one of the poorer choices for coming out.

Finding someone you trust can be difficult too. I barely trust anyone with mine; I struggle to even tell things to the person who came out to me, which is an entirely different matter. If you need to tell someone or feel it's time, then you may just have to trust your friends even if they do happen to be loudmouths. They could take it seriously this time. Waiting until you're older is also preferable it would seem. Many kids aren't ready at a young age as I wasn't. High school is infinitely a better time than middle school.

Finally the social climate in your area is important too. While I live in Georgia, notorious for fundementalism in some areas, it worked out remarkably well. But I live a metropolitan area, not the boondocks or deep south farmland. As a note you probably can't pin down homophobia to one area. Many people in this thread seem to report it from a wide variety countries and states.

Note: I am not an expert and therefore not reliable for any damages originating from actions based from these statements. :smalltongue:

Collin152
2008-07-28, 11:07 PM
Nice story.
Side note? Sleep overs and I don't mix, and I recognize that, so I've shot them down repeatedly over the years. Yet somehow, I end up involved with them now and again. Shudder and horror...
I should play up my witch-side more. Distract from the gay-side.

Kneenibble
2008-07-28, 11:19 PM
*snippers*

Any person who has the self-awareness and strength to come out to anybody in the seventh grade ought to be knighted, in my books. Any person who accepts their friend coming out to them in the seventh grade ought to be knighted too. Salue.

Serpentine, if you're plotting all these points, please put a big ol' silent K at 3,3. Luvs.

Why don't you mix with sleepovers, Collin? Do you scream in your sleep or something?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-28, 11:24 PM
Nice story.
Side note? Sleep overs and I don't mix, and I recognize that, so I've shot them down repeatedly over the years. Yet somehow, I end up involved with them now and again. Shudder and horror...
I should play up my witch-side more. Distract from the gay-side.

Not even with girls?
I've had my best gay friend over for sleepovers before.
We had tons of fun :smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2008-07-28, 11:29 PM
Why don't you mix with sleepovers, Collin? Do you scream in your sleep or something?

Naah.
It's more like...
I have this thing, which I refer to as multiple personalities, but it really isn't. See, I'm fully aware of myself, but not in control of myself. As it happens, this condition is at its worst immediatley before and after I sleep.
I'm kinda violent and hateful in that state, too, and would hate to subject my friends to anything I might say or do. That, and I could hurt them, or myself. So I try and avoid situations where it would come up.
And when it does... I take means to restrain myself, mentally. It's not easy or very succsesful.

Not even with girls?
I've had my best gay friend over for sleepovers before.
We had tons of fun :smallbiggrin:

Oh, yeah, then theres that.
Well, I wouldn't know. It's never come up.
It's probably not going to, either.

Kneenibble
2008-07-28, 11:33 PM
ah.
Sorry, I didn't mean to make fun of you.

Serpentine
2008-07-29, 01:29 AM
Updating the chart, but I just wanted to mention: 1 on the X would be approximately "completely repulsed by members of the opposite sex", 20 = "completely repulsed by members of the same sex", and on the Y 1 = "Nymphomania/Satyriasis - uncontrollable compultion to engage in and/or obsession with sex", 20 = "completely repulsed by the idea of sexual activities". 11 = "either way/could take it or leave it" So Terraoblivion, I think you in particular might like to rethink? I haven't gotten very far yet, though <.<

And I still think it should be nonsexual, as being asexual is something different and isn't really covered on the chart. It belongs more on the x-axis than the y, but still doesn't fit there.From dictionary:
asexual without sexual feelings or associations
(alright, so maybe it should be, like, antisexual or something. whatever, close enough)
From wiki, cuz it's not in the dictionary:
Hypersexuality is the desire to engage in human sexual behavior at a level high enough to be considered clinically significant... characterized by a debilitating need for frequent genital stimulation.
It's wanting/enjoying sex a lot vs. wanting/enjoying sex not at all. Maybe I should put hyposexual as well? But that's "under-sexual"...

Can I be defined as a circle encompassing roughly 78.54 square units where the centres' x coordinate is four less than twice its y coordinate and which crosses the x axis at y = 5 and y = 13?

...For those of you who aren't amazing at maths that's a circle defined by the equation (x-14)2+(y-9)2=25

...Or whatever. :smalltongue:If you give me the value of x I can calculate y or vice versa :smallwink:

You never know.
I mean, she made an avatar of herself on a pole in response to a reasonably offhanded comment, right?<.< >.>

Repost as it appears to have been drowned out by the dicussion about the chart.I'd say something deep and meaningful and helpful :smallfrown: but mostly I'm of the opinion of "who really cares who you bang/think is cute anyway?" :smallconfused:

DrowVampyre
2008-07-29, 02:18 AM
Updating the chart, but I just wanted to mention: 1 on the X would be approximately "completely repulsed by members of the opposite sex", 20 = "completely repulsed by members of the same sex", and on the Y 1 = "Nymphomania/Satyriasis - uncontrollable compultion to engage in and/or obsession with sex", 20 = "completely repulsed by the idea of sexual activities". 11 = "either way/could take it or leave it" So Terraoblivion, I think you in particular might like to rethink? I haven't gotten very far yet, though <.<

Ah. In that case, I'd be a 6, 9 or so I think. Or if not 9, whatever would be the "nice, but not a major focus" number. >_> <_<

The Extinguisher
2008-07-29, 02:25 AM
The problem then is, on that chart, you can be gay and asexual, straight and asexual or bi and asexual. That doesn't work, becuase asexuality is specificly a lack of sexual attraction or desire, where as nonsexual is simply little or no sexual attraction or desire. Nonsexuals can still hold a preference to one gender or the other. Asexuals are simply neither.

I know someone who is asexual. Trust me on this.

EDIT: I thought of something simpler to explain.
Someone who is nonsexual has no intrest in sex.
Someone who is asexual had no intrest in sexual or sexual-like activities with anyone.

Lyesmith
2008-07-29, 02:25 AM
Yeah, same as Drow with me, I think.
I'll confess, mind, that guy who came out in 7th grade? Courage.
(Just to, y'know. Echo everyone else.)

Amotis
2008-07-29, 02:29 AM
The problem then is, on that chart, you can be gay and asexual, straight and asexual or bi and asexual. That doesn't work, becuase asexuality is specificly a lack of sexual attraction or desire, where as nonsexual is simply little or no sexual attraction or desire. Nonsexuals can still hold a preference to one gender or the other. Asexuals are simply neither.

I know someone who is asexual. Trust me on this.

I think the point is to say that asexuality doesn't come in black and white only, like the rest of the -sexualities, it comes in levels and degrees and such.

The Extinguisher
2008-07-29, 02:32 AM
Fair enough, I suppose.

My point was that asexuality is more like a preference, or lack thereof, then a "drive" like hypersexuality.

Lets just compromise and call it hyposexuality.

Serpentine
2008-07-29, 02:34 AM
Heh, I just got to you.

I'd be about...6,12. I think. Assuming the homosexual/heterosexual scale reflects mental/emotional sex rather than biological (stupid biology, ruins everything! >_<).Considering where I'm posting and practicalities, I was thinking "other/same biological/physical sex to your identified gender" - so if you identify as male and like females, you'd be in "other" and I couldn't be bothered taking into account people with a thing for mtf trannies or whatever.
So, Az, you're changing yours?

Oh, may as well approximately define the middlings, as well (other thoughts welcome): on x-axis, 6= "really prefer same but find other attractive/would consider something unserious with other" and 15 = "really prefer other but find same attractive/would consider something unserious with same". On y, 6= "find it highly enjoyable, miss it/grow frustrated in its absence", 16 = "don't really enjoy it, would prefer to/could do without".

FMA: I don't really see why you have such issue with it. Someone who strictly adhered to your definition of asexuality would simply be (11,20). I would also suggest that severe repulsion by sexual activities would be just as much a clinical matter as severe addiction to them, but that there would be grades leading to such an extreme just as with hyper-, homo- and heterosexuality. And on that axis, asexuality and hyposexuality are the very extreme points - I suspect that many people with real, clinical nymphomania/satyiriasis don't really care what they do as long as they do it, just as asexuals don't really care either as long as they're not doing it at all.

Lyesmith
2008-07-29, 02:39 AM
Yeah, is that allowed? I kinda made some errors in my assumptions or values. Also, I'm *awful* with maths and math-related stuff.
6 on X, and...hmm, 4? on Y. Likely to change, I'd imagine.
Curse this malleable nature of mine!

Lex-Kat
2008-07-29, 02:42 AM
I'd say I'm at 6, 8. Because, I identify better with my feminine side, and would want to be with other women, right?:smallconfused:

And because, I enjoy sex, I enjoy cuddling more.:smallsmile:

DrowVampyre
2008-07-29, 02:47 AM
Considering where I'm posting and practicalities, I was thinking "other/same biological/physical sex to your identified gender" - so if you identify as male and like females, you'd be in "other" and I couldn't be bothered taking into account people with a thing for mtf trannies or whatever.

Ok, yeah, definitely 6, 9 then. Biologically male, identify as female, prefer females but am attracted to some males too.

Serpentine
2008-07-29, 03:23 AM
Right. New, Improved and Up-to-the-Minute Sexuality Chart (hopefully small enough to not stretch):

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/sexuality.gif

Incidentally, I specified "sexual activities", which don't necessarily have to be sex per se. But whatever. Oh, and I think a couple of people should probably check that they didn't get the axes around the wrong way - some people's coordinates didn't match their words. The axes are mostly just a way for people to describe where they fit, by the way, and like I said (I'm looking at you, Jibar =.=), circles are prettier and easier and it's all just a vague guide, so ignore gaps.

edit: Refresh if FlWiPig isn't labelled =S

Lyesmith
2008-07-29, 03:25 AM
Argh! FECK!
I knew it!
I had the wrong number on the Y axis. I meant like, 6. Or that area.
*utter spaz*

Don;t bother changing for now. It's a pretty damn excellent graph!

Calamity
2008-07-29, 03:26 AM
Serp, I'm seeing the old graph. You know, the original one.

EDIT: It's working now

Serpentine
2008-07-29, 03:29 AM
I deleted and replaced that. Try refreshing.

Jibar
2008-07-29, 03:31 AM
(I'm looking at you, Jibar

Hey, I'm just saying what I see.
That's how I roll.
Don't take crap from anybody, living on the edge.
Yeah.

Heh. That is a fun chart though.

Lykan
2008-07-29, 03:45 AM
I'm probably in the realm of 5, 5 on that graph thing... I think I may be more hypersexual, but I don't really talk about it all that much. >.>

BizzaroStormy
2008-07-29, 03:54 AM
My friends would agree that I fit on that graph at about 12, 3. One of the others in out group fits there at about 2, 2. Imagine a skinny goth kid standing no top of your roof and rubbing his nipples at your elderly neighbors while the people on the ground throw water balloons at him. ... That was one hell of a birthday party.

DrowVampyre
2008-07-29, 04:27 AM
Yay! I've been graphed! :smallbiggrin:

Incidentally, does "sexual activities" include cuddling? Cause if so I think a fair number of people may move up a number or two (I would, I know, but cuddling's only kinda sexual, so...yeah... >_> <_<).

rubakhin
2008-07-29, 04:46 AM
*squints at chart* I think I'm about 5, 2. (frick, my hustler friends call me a skank. Hate them all.)

Velvet Goldmine was just on TV. One of my friends told me to watch it. And it made me think about some stuff.

Damn, I can't believe I actually relate to that movie. I have a very low tolerance for camp. But my last boyfriend was a bit like Brian Slade - he did all this glamorous erotic photography, had a burlesque show at some point, etc etc etc. Whereas I'm more like Curt. Straight-acting white trash, half-feral. Everyone was always asking why we loved each other so much. We have nothing in common. Completely different worlds. You all know me as the sensitive, educated poet type (right? Right? :smallannoyed:) but I know that IRL my friends think of me as this unhinged foreign kid who moved from a war-torn Islamic republic of the USSR to an industrial city near New York. I could see my type in a documentary on teenage freedom fighters or something, but a love interest in a gay film - nobody would ever buy a trendy, ultra-modern French Canadian fashion photographer falling for my type in fiction. Just try to imagine filming that, we'd have scenes with drag queens and parties in Montreal and then starving refugee scenes in Chechnya, there's no way the film could maintain a consistent tone.

( ... the hell kind of type do people like me stereotypically date, anyway? I asked my friend and he got really serious and said, "You need to date a religious Latina woman who will pray for you, ese." I nearly killed myself laughing.)

On the other hand, my old guy, you wouldn't know it from talking to him, he's too sweet and kind, but he used to be a pretty tough character - he was in a gang a few years back, and he's still freaking fantastic in a fight. (Also, he was the most stubborn goddamned person I have ever met. Backbone of IRON, my brothers.) He's definitely not just some silly queer you can mess with, which is a big reason why I love him - although, I'd say I loved him primarily for his gentleness, his purity, his goodness, all the girl-next-door qualities that tough straight boys are stereotyped as being attracted to. And, the more I think about this, the more confused I get. :smallconfused:

I know he doesn't like straight-acting, he thinks that gay guys should act the culture, even though he never expressed problems with how I act myself. But most of his friends are pretty flaming. (Also: they're, like, all vegan. Every one of them. I don't get it.) Same with most of his old boyfriends, he met all but one of them performing in musicals and stuff. Man, I dunno.

It's not like I'm insecure about it or anything, so I don't need answers like "It doesn't matter as long as you like each other", I have just academic interest in the experiences of everyone else. I'm curious how often you see gay couples matched like this. Do people tend to prefer others at their own level of queer or are matches like me and my old guy more common than people would have me believe? Do you like guys who are much tougher or much more flaming than you? Is it preference? A result of people sticking to their own sub-cultures? Am I going to catch Teh Camp?

Serpentine
2008-07-29, 04:53 AM
Incidentally, does "sexual activities" include cuddling? Cause if so I think a fair number of people may move up a number or two (I would, I know, but cuddling's only kinda sexual, so...yeah... >_> <_<).I was thinking yes, but... ionno. Maybe? Thoughts? If I give just a general "sure!" then I'll get all these cuddlewhores coming up as hypersexual...

DrowVampyre
2008-07-29, 05:06 AM
I was thinking yes, but... ionno. Maybe? Thoughts? If I give just a general "sure!" then I'll get all these cuddlewhores coming up as hypersexual...

Hehe, well you're the one defining it. :smallwink: I thought not, because it doesn't seem necessarily sexual to me, just...intimate. But maybe I'm wrong on that.

If it does count, though, move me up to a 7 on the Y axis. >_> <_< Cause while sex itself is something that's nice but not essential, intimacy is much more essential (cuddling, kissing, a bit of mostly-innocent nibbling... >_> <_<).

In a somewhat related question...what's everyone else's take on foreplay vs. intercourse? Myself, I don't care that much about intercourse - not quite "take it or leave it," but not that much more. But foreplay...now that's much, much nicer...

Serpentine
2008-07-29, 05:22 AM
I think I'll say that intimate contact should be taken into account but not considered on its own. Thus, if you don't particularly like sex and related activities (say, 12ish), but you really like snuggling, maybe bump it up, say, one notch (to 11 or maybe 9).

"Foreplay" seems like an ambiguous sort of a term to me... or maybe it's just that noone's actually explained it properly? I think I'm inclined to like the Monty Python comment, though:
"Foreplay... foreplay... Now, what would you do?"
"Rub the ****oris, sir?"
"Massage her chest?"
"What's wrong with a little kiss, eh?!"

(paraphrased from long distant memory :smallwink:)

edit: The little knobbly bit at the front of the giney's a swearword?! :smalleek: If there's a mod wandering around: Would this be a valid situation for censorship bypass, seeing as it's talking about the anatomical organ?

Ossian
2008-07-29, 05:52 AM
Awesome graph! Although, the "Other" on the right hand side, slightly on the right of "hetero" is a bit confusing. Anyone has the time to explain that to me? (:smallconfused: not homo, not hetero, not bi, not asexual, not hyper....uh, am I just not seeing a giant elephant right in front of my nose?).

Cheers to all, :smallcool:

O.

DrowVampyre
2008-07-29, 06:41 AM
I think I'll say that intimate contact should be taken into account but not considered on its own. Thus, if you don't particularly like sex and related activities (say, 12ish), but you really like snuggling, maybe bump it up, say, one notch (to 11 or maybe 9).

"Foreplay" seems like an ambiguous sort of a term to me... or maybe it's just that noone's actually explained it properly? I think I'm inclined to like the Monty Python comment, though:
"Foreplay... foreplay... Now, what would you do?"
"Rub the ****oris, sir?"
"Massage her chest?"
"What's wrong with a little kiss, eh?!"

(paraphrased from long distant memory :smallwink:)

edit: The little knobbly bit at the front of the giney's a swearword?! :smalleek: If there's a mod wandering around: Would this be a valid situation for censorship bypass, seeing as it's talking about the anatomical organ?

Hehe, yeah, I'd be a 7.5 or so then, I think. And yeah, foreplay's ambiguous...um...depending on the specific type. >_> <_< Kinda ranges form that cuddling zone to...really, really sexual. So I guess it'd just be up to each person to determine how scandalous their own preference on that issue is?

Anyone has the time to explain that to me? (:smallconfused: not homo, not hetero, not bi, not asexual, not hyper....uh, am I just not seeing a giant elephant right in front of my nose?).

The sex opposite the gender you identify with, I believe. So if you identify as female, then "other" would be male.

Serpentine
2008-07-29, 08:35 AM
Awesome graph! Although, the "Other" on the right hand side, slightly on the right of "hetero" is a bit confusing. Anyone has the time to explain that to me? (:smallconfused: not homo, not hetero, not bi, not asexual, not hyper....uh, am I just not seeing a giant elephant right in front of my nose?).

Cheers to all, :smallcool:

O.
"Other" and "same" refer to gender/sex preference, as "lots" and "none" refers to interest in sexual activities. Hetero, homo, bi, asexual and hyper indicate particular sexualities/identities/groups of people.

Lex-Kat
2008-07-29, 10:43 AM
I was thinking yes, but... ionno. Maybe? Thoughts? If I give just a general "sure!" then I'll get all these cuddlewhores coming up as hypersexual...

Yes! That's me.
I'm a Cuddlewhore!!!!:smallbiggrin:

I'll do anything for a good cuddle.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-29, 10:56 AM
Cuddling..is kinda ambiguous.
I think it really only counts as sexual if anyone gets sexual pleasure from it.

Also, I'm super pleased with the pretty color you used for my name on the chart, Serp <3

Lyesmith
2008-07-29, 10:59 AM
Intimacy, is what I like, to be honest. The closeness and warmth and stuff.*trails off yeah*
And in a superlate reply to Ruba, I do see you as the poet-type.

Serpentine
2008-07-29, 11:02 AM
Also, I'm super pleased with the pretty color you used for my name on the chart, Serp <3Heheh... I based it on your avi's hat ^_^

LightWraith
2008-07-29, 12:12 PM
It's not like I'm insecure about it or anything, so I don't need answers like "It doesn't matter as long as you like each other", I have just academic interest in the experiences of everyone else. I'm curious how often you see gay couples matched like this. Do people tend to prefer others at their own level of queer or are matches like me and my old guy more common than people would have me believe? Do you like guys who are much tougher or much more flaming than you? Is it preference? A result of people sticking to their own sub-cultures? Am I going to catch Teh Camp?

Personally, my boy is only slightly more obviously gay than I am. I'm definitely on the "straight-acting" side of the coin. This seems to be a good balance for us, we're both pretty comfortable with it.

I've never been attracted to anyone who was overly campy. I have no problem with them as people, just not my thing.

Terraoblivion
2008-07-29, 01:10 PM
I didn't realize actual repulsion was involved, Serpentine. I thought we were strictly speaking about preferences. I have a vague capability to be attracted to the personality of a guy provided that two conditions are fulfilled. One is that he very much lack stereotypical masculine traits, the other is that i engaged in extensive doublethink to block any thoughts of his body out of my mind. It is also not something i have done in years, not since the time when i tried to convince myself i wasn't transgendered at all.

Stereotypically masculine personality traits truly do repulse me, whether it is an annoying macho guy or the classic figure of the reticent farmer who tills his fields alone in silence, but is caring to those he love. The whole grunting caveman and conservative patriarch bits that are closely tied to concepts of masculinity and to real men quite simply makes me sick. And let's not even get started on male bodies...

In any case i should move a bit further towards the middle then as i am by no means an anarchafeminist or something crazy like that. I even feel kinda bad for not being more relaxed about men and masculinity, not that i want to be attracted to it just i feel like a bigot for disliking it.

EDIT: One thing i want to make perfectly clear is that i am not deluded enough to believe that all or even most men fit the stereotypes of masculinity, far from it. Most don't. Just they are aspects of the concept of men, more so than of actual men.

Lex-Kat
2008-07-29, 01:11 PM
I actually do get pleasure pleasure out of it. It's the intamcy of holding someone close, of feeling her breathe, and caressing her. It's the best part of being with a woman.

*Cuddles Serpentine*

*Cuddles RabbitHoleLost*

Collin152
2008-07-29, 03:51 PM
Hmm.
Serp, your chart just helped me realise just how much I love the color purple.

Lyesmith
2008-07-29, 03:55 PM
Purple in general is a pretty awesome colour.
And...Damnit, Lex! Now I want to cuddle something. >.>
Where's the damn cat whn you want him? *muttergrumble*

Collin152
2008-07-29, 04:26 PM
Cuddle... cuddle...
I've heard of this. I am unfamiliar with it.
In spite of the people I spend time with...
How could such a thing evade my notice and thereby definition?
Bah...

Kneenibble
2008-07-29, 04:55 PM
*snipperoo*

The truth is stranger than fiction, isn't it?

Okay, let me ask you this, because this question burns me constantly - you'll see the clever pun there momentarily - are people who really flame it up affecting those mannerisms to any degree? My merely superficial exposure to actual flamity flame gay guys leaves me in the dark on that. Because I can flame to high heaven and surprise the **** out of people who know me, but it's a complete act. Based on your experience with these flamity flame queer guys, where does that set of mannerisms come from? Is it an inherent part of being gay, or a learned behavior?

Sometimes flames seem very artificial to me, sometimes they are utterly adorable. There's a wide range of flammable personalities, after all. And sometimes I wonder whether my, and other's, non-flames are a learned behavior, and there's a big old pink firework buried somewhere in my gay soul waiting to ignite.

To answer your question though, I could handle a lot of heat; but it would depend on the person behind the curtain of fire, and whether they were really being themselves, which is important to me. I had a fling with a guy whose voice and body language were really gay sounding but he was quite manly otherwise.

I like when you talk, sir. I'm a fan. I actually thought about you - having been struck in the past, as I have told you, by what you write - at a one-woman show I saw recently called "The Sputniks" by a Russian actor from Moscow. There was a ****ing hilarious section about cursing in Russian.

Apropos that graph, I guess it's not so important for you to change it, Serpentine, but the numbers I chose had me thinking about myself all day. I think I'm more of a 10 on the Y axis these days. It's cool that you plotted all of us though, thankee.

Collin152
2008-07-29, 04:59 PM
Reagrding flame:
It's variable. Sometimes I'm just playing it up for whatever reason (usually to unnerve somebody who has invoked my wrath).
Sometimes I do it without realising it. Meep.

Lyesmith
2008-07-29, 05:09 PM
I don't do Flame, really. Unless it's for comedy. I'm pretty deadpan, the rest of the time.
It's the british Stiff Upper Lip thing, I think.

Pyro
2008-07-29, 06:23 PM
*snip*

Wow that post is hot! Har har...he did it too...

My friend was afraid of being one of those flaming gays, and for a while he sorta was. Not like surface of the sun hot, but a metaphorical cup of tea.

Phae Nymna
2008-07-29, 06:43 PM
^^^ Oh and uh... A Flammable Personality, No?

Any person who has the self-awareness and strength to come out to anybody in the seventh grade ought to be knighted, in my books. Any person who accepts their friend coming out to them in the seventh grade ought to be knighted too. Salue.
Yay? I'm entering the eighth grade at my school momentarily. I didn't come out to everyone yet, but a certain ex-friend attempted to do it for me. :smallfurious: I did however come out to (in order): Second Best Friend, Fourth Best Friend, Best Friend (Now Former Acquaintance), Third Best Friend + Fifth Best Friend, Aunt and lastly, mah Brother and my Parents. And that's just with titles from the time when I came out. Now some things have changed. For instance, I've formed, a new, kind, caring bunch of friends without my ex-friend who brutally disconnected himself from me completely this Spring. He may be reading this right now, who knows. If you see Shadow Addict around, he's the one...
Oh, and everyone BUT him accepted it, so... We are the Order of the- uh... Friends of the Guy who Likes Guys and Gals! :smallbiggrin:

Dryken
2008-07-29, 06:52 PM
speaking of the whole "flame" thing, something I've always wanted to know: Where the hell does the lisp come from? And the stereotypical gay man's accent? Some of my friends wouldn't (or couldn't?) tell me where they developed such an accent and being a bisexual trans gal, I don't meet the requirements.

Zarrexaij
2008-07-30, 01:04 AM
Prepare for bizarre numbers. Ironically my internet personal is Zarrexaij and I happen to be bisexual.

On the x-axis I'm pretty much 10.5. I'm not sure if I have a preference for either gender to be honest. I consider myself equally attracted to both genders to be honest, even though I've dated only guys thus far. More of a "I live in a dinky **** town and I don't want many people knowing me as 'the bi chick'" thing than anything else. On the y-axis, I'm 4.5. I guess I have a reasonably strong, but healthy, like for... you know.

I think it really only counts as sexual if anyone gets sexual pleasure from it.Meh, that doesn't mean anything. :smallwink: Intention isn't everything. But action sure is.

Phae Nymna
2008-07-30, 02:43 AM
Oh, and for the record, I fall in about 6,6. I like the guys, but girls I can enjoy the appearance and personalities of too (sometimes). :smallsmile:

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-30, 03:34 AM
I think I'm a 16,16 to be honest. Apart from the fact that I'm not really interrested in being in as relationship, I'm like Lex-kat here.

Ossian
2008-07-30, 06:41 AM
"Other" and "same" refer to gender/sex preference, as "lots" and "none" refers to interest in sexual activities. Hetero, homo, bi, asexual and hyper indicate particular sexualities/identities/groups of people.

Uh! Ok, cool. I guess I was actually failing a spot check on the proverbial elephant. So, uh, I guess I fall somewhere in the top right space of the light yellow area, 1st Quadrant (positive Y and positive x).

On the purple color, it IS the color of awesome. There was an entire thread on the WOTC star wars forum dedicated on the "Purple lightsaber Effect" which caused 5 pages of applauding-replies.

In general, having a purple-light aura mans you are just badass in the eleventh dial and people better not mess with you. :)

O.

rubakhin
2008-07-30, 10:04 AM
The truth is stranger than fiction, isn't it?

Okay, let me ask you this, because this question burns me constantly - you'll see the clever pun there momentarily - are people who really flame it up affecting those mannerisms to any degree? My merely superficial exposure to actual flamity flame gay guys leaves me in the dark on that. Because I can flame to high heaven and surprise the **** out of people who know me, but it's a complete act. Based on your experience with these flamity flame queer guys, where does that set of mannerisms come from? Is it an inherent part of being gay, or a learned behavior?

No clue. I was referring to my old boyfriend's friends in my post, and I haven't met the vast majority of them for various reasons. (In fact, the only one I have met was this eighteen-year-old kid who tried to steal him this one time. I was too busy trying to kill him to notice whether or not he was flaming.) All I know about them is what he tells me. Mikha, though, he does put on a gay act sometimes, as a joke, or I don't know what. And I was just poking around his professional website (toxicboy.net if you want to look around, bear in mind he does a lot of nude photography and it's NSFW) and writes himself like a complete Oscar Wilde, which made me roll my eyes so hard they nearly fell out of my skull. (He's not anywhere near that pretentious in real life, guys.)

I think it depends on who he's around. He's a lot more natural/masculine/tough with me and my friend Ilya, who also knows him, but Ilya says that around his gayer friends he acts more gay. Or something.

The only other gays I've met in life have been rough trade. We're all working class or lower class, mostly ethnic - poor Russian immigrants, Chechens, Latinos. Tough as nails. Plus, I haven't really met homosexuals so much as I've met other hustlers, and that's a whole other ball game.

Me, I don't flame at all, I can't even do it as a joke. I can't exactly picture my friends doing it either.

Collin152
2008-07-30, 02:18 PM
On the purple color, it IS the color of awesome. There was an entire thread on the WOTC star wars forum dedicated on the "Purple lightsaber Effect" which caused 5 pages of applauding-replies.

In general, having a purple-light aura mans you are just badass in the eleventh dial and people better not mess with you. :)

O.

Thus far, every gay person I've encountered (counting myself... two) has a purple aura.
But, I've also encountered people with purple auras who are completley heterosexual.

Did I mention I can perceive auras?
I'm really into the supernatural.
Most superstitious person you'd ever meet, too.

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-30, 02:20 PM
That's interresting (I can't see auras, but according to a test I did, I'm Indigo/Crystal, which would explain why I'm so emotinally fragile). Can you read auras over the internet, Collin?

Collin152
2008-07-30, 02:29 PM
Not over the internet, no.
It's gotta be in person.

There are exceptions, though. Like, auras can cling to objects, so its possible to see auras without seeign the owner therof.

It makes hallways very... prismatic. So I generally try and avoid looking at auras when I'm walking.
Hmm... there should be a thread for magic.

Ethrael
2008-07-30, 03:04 PM
I'm starting to think I may be bisexual. I've always been attracted to girls more than boys (or vice versa), but recently I've been giving both genders equal ogling.
I've definitely got a crush on Best Friend and it's prolly well known that I have a crush on a male forumite here.
The crush on Best Friend isn't one of those platonic ones but one where I feel genuinely happy to see her and actually dress up to go out with her. I also find other girls sexy; same with guys.

Best Friend is almost certainly heterosexual, but I can trust her with my life. Mum well, she calls gay people pffoters. As does all my family. And when I once hinted (actually asked outright) "Hypothetically speaking, would you mind if I was a lesbian or bisexual?" she said, "One day you'll have a boyfriend or husband and you'll give me grandchildren. I don't want a lesbian/bisexual daughter."
And my uncle confided in me today, while he was squiffy at 3 in the afternoon that a lot of the boys I went to secondary school had crushes on me. He works in different places a lot and runs into people I know at school. He also said the same of some very effeminate guys from the same school as me.
So, confusion, worry, the usual stuff. And this is the first pace I've ever mentioned this outside my own head.

I'm terribly at giving advice to take about another three playgrounders' before you take mine, but I would suggest telling Best Friend. Not telling her that you have a crush on her, that my make the blow a bit too strong. Who knows, maybe over time she'll guess or the crush will go away.

About the family aspect, I'm afraid I got nothing there. I don't know how homophobic they are or how you might perceive them. You know them better, as you do Best Friend so in the end it's up to you.

Now, update on the confuddliness: I think I might be more asexual. Either that or the duration of each phase is getting longer. Here in the hot place where I go to the beach every day I'm getting less and less interested in the people I see there, which is surprising since they're in the least amount of clothes legally allowed. It's still a pretty even balance between guys and girls, possibly leaning on the guy side but it's still kinda lacking in enthusiasm.

Oh well, I think it really should just be left for later. I'm kinda terrible with women and haven't tried men so there's not really any way to now for sure...

@^ There really should be a thread for magic. I don't know how the conversation would go though...there are some really hardcore people here I think. I only dabble...

Collin152
2008-07-30, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I imagine it would be hard to really get a conversation for it.
Especially without lettign religion get in. The two are always tring to get together.
We divorced you years ago! Magic, you live with me now!
You never loved me!

Lyesmith
2008-07-30, 03:16 PM
I am a firm disbeliver, truth be told.
And now i am imagning Colin having an argument with Magic (who looks like a magician with the tophat and tails that rabbits and doves come from) and everyone in the street is watching.

Collin152
2008-07-30, 03:18 PM
I am a firm disbeliver, truth be told.
And now i am imagning Colin having an argument with Magic (who looks like a magician with the tophat and tails that rabbits and doves come from) and everyone in the street is watching.

And how am I beign visualised?
Is it the Vincent avatar?
I don't look quite that young.

Hmm... Now I see it too.

happyturtle
2008-07-30, 03:19 PM
My dad is a fundy Christian, and my mum has gradually been growing pagan over the last ten to fifteen years. Definitely a weird combo. Somehow they've gotten to a place where they accept the other's beliefs without sharing them.

Lyesmith
2008-07-30, 03:21 PM
The avatar is how i am visualising you, sorry.

Phae Nymna
2008-07-30, 05:45 PM
I just tried to figure out what Aura I am surrounded by. According to my source, it's magenta.

Just checked out toxicboy.net. I really like the stuff there. REALLY like it.

Lyesmith
2008-07-30, 05:46 PM
Magenta. How fabulous.
What's this source, admiral?

ALSO!
Where do I get a blog? I need a place to rant and spew bile.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-07-30, 06:02 PM
Ooh!
Go Livjournal.com.
Just 'cos then I could add you as a friend.
And stuff. Besides, it's free and very good.
[/blog propagnada]

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-30, 06:03 PM
Ooh!
Go Livjournal.com.
Just 'cos then I could add you as a friend.
And stuff. Besides, it's free and very good.
[/blog propagnada]

Ooo, I second Curly.
I also have an LJ. We could be like the cool LJ crew <3

Lyesmith
2008-07-30, 06:03 PM
Oh, go on then. There'll probably a lot of bile and hatred, mind.
But, as even while enraged and running on cold fury, I will consider the style and try to make such musing and rantings at least amusing to read.

Collin152
2008-07-30, 06:15 PM
I just tried to figure out what Aura I am surrounded by. According to my source, it's magenta.

I'll believe it when I see it myself.
So clearly, you need to pay Gilbert a visit.

Blogs. Bleh. I'd blog, but my ramblings on magic are hardly worth reading. And it's all I really have to say.

Phae Nymna
2008-07-30, 06:21 PM
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-aura-test1

Ok Cupid strikes again! For my own defense, I would like to say that I know that know internet quiz can do as good of a job as a human. :smallannoyed: THis is what I have to work with, so bear with me.

Lyesmith
2008-07-30, 06:22 PM
Eh. I'd just bitch about people and the lamentable state of britan.
Whatever happened to the stiff upper lip, man? it's all oversentimental!
That is basically the gist one one of my rants.
Also.
I expect a suitably bastardy aura from this test, OR I SHALL BE DISPLEASED.

I got Green.
This test is lamentably wrong in some of it's descriptions.
(I am not a workaholic. I'm a lazy goodfornothing.)
However some are i guess mildly accurate. I'mma take a retest.
Also, how is Crystal a colour? it's a rock!

Okay, did again. Got Yellow.
Overall, much more satisfied.
I am *totally* fickle, undisciplined, lazy, irresponsible and a procastinator.
You know what? DAMN. This is basically me to a T! Pretty good work for an overly ambiguous quiz.

Dihan
2008-07-30, 06:27 PM
I got Tan... Tan is dull! I disown that test!... Not that I owned it anyway.

Collin152
2008-07-30, 06:39 PM
I took the quiz, got Magenta.
Now, in actuality, my aura is a little more blue. Like a nice Lavender.

It's descriptions of me are eerily accurate, until it get's to relationships and school.
Fun? nay.
Dislike structure?
Nay.
I need predictable enviroments, so I can act unpredictably within it with impunity. You know?

Lyesmith
2008-07-30, 06:42 PM
Is there an aura that sits in the corner, drinking a bit and taking the piss of all the other aura colours? I'd be that one. Corner-sitting pisstaking is my forté.
(Well not quite. But I can bery easily see myself being that person in a few years time.)

Collin152
2008-07-30, 06:45 PM
Is there an aura that sits in the corner, drinking a bit and taking the piss of all the other aura colours? I'd be that one. Corner-sitting pisstaking is my forté.
(Well not quite. But I can bery easily see myself being that person in a few years time.)

My guess is that you'd be a brown, maybe an orange.
But then, I can't be sure until I see ya.
After all, personality is only one factor.
Shades of Purple, for instance, indicate a higher potential for magic.
That has nothing to do with Pride, or flattery towards a certain Indigo aquaintance of mine.

Calamity
2008-07-30, 06:59 PM
My guess is that you'd be a brown, maybe an orange.

Wouldn't orange be a tad too bright to be a 'sit-in-the-corner' colour?

EDIT: I got tan....

Lyesmith
2008-07-30, 06:59 PM
I'd be the opposite of indigo, I suppose? Too rational for belief in anything but hard proven evidence.

Collin152
2008-07-30, 07:07 PM
Wouldn't orange be a tad too bright to be a 'sit-in-the-corner' colour?

Is it?
Besides, they don't always follow logic.

The opposite of Indigo is some shade of yellow, I believe.
A dark one, I'm sure.

Lyesmith
2008-07-30, 07:10 PM
Oh,I got yellow. Total pride at that, btw. it's a cool colour. Got all the best vices.
Lust? Check!
Sloth? Check!
Being a bitch? Check!

It's also got creativity and good vibes. But I am a vice-person! (Albeit with a flair for comedy.)

Collin152
2008-07-30, 07:17 PM
Well, what'dya know? You did get the opposite of purple after all.

Come hither, purple-aura'd fellows! Let us breathe life into our art, and bring hence the elder gods!

Dihan
2008-07-30, 07:44 PM
My aura is actually brown and has horns.

Zarrexaij
2008-07-30, 08:24 PM
I got Orange, which is.... COMPLETELY unlike me in a LOT of ways. :smallconfused: :smallannoyed:

FAIL.

It was a miserably short test :/

I think I'll stick with my New Age aura books for this sort of stuff. :smalltongue:

Terraoblivion
2008-07-30, 08:38 PM
I got blue which fits surprisingly well, right down to the emotional manipulation that i constantly feel bad about doing...

I have no clue what this is doing in this thread though.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-30, 08:51 PM
Bluuuuue~
And it fits me quite well; the negative and the positive.

Zarrexaij
2008-07-30, 08:51 PM
According to the aura book I have (which has a 14 page questionairre thing) my aura is most definitely Indigo.

I have no idea why this is in this thread either. :smallamused:

Collin152
2008-07-30, 09:01 PM
Oh, people just take an uncanny interest in things I say is all.
Too bad there's no supernatural thread in which to discuss it.
I never start anytihng, darling, as nothing I create does any good.

Dryken
2008-07-30, 09:18 PM
Magenta

So...this is still the lgbt thread, right? :P

kidding, kidding...

Collin152
2008-07-30, 09:23 PM
If someone has a lgbt related concern, we'll drop this sidetrack instantly, right friends?
That's what idle chatter is for, right? To keep the thread alive so newcomers can find it?

Dryken
2008-07-30, 09:28 PM
Like I said, I was kidding. I figured that's what the purpose of the idle chat was and fully agree with keeping it alive so others find it. Admittedly, though, I got a bit concerned when one or two things got buried in the talk of graphs and auras, but some folks gladly reposted it.

Wasn't meaning to rock the boat or anything. Was just kidding. :)

Collin152
2008-07-30, 09:31 PM
I'm only serious 40% of the time myself, and the other 70% isn't very sane.

ChickenDancer
2008-07-30, 09:31 PM
This is actually a thread I didn't expect to find on this board...

YAY a home for me and my people!

I'm gay. I'm always getting labeled as a homophobe though because I tend to dislike when people grab me inappropriately simply out of principal.

Can someone give me a twix bar? PWEASE?

Collin152
2008-07-30, 09:34 PM
Here's a twix.
No metaphors here.
Though they do come in pairs...

Dryken
2008-07-30, 09:36 PM
Can someone give me a twix bar? PWEASE?

Here you go!
http://www.mundodasgomas.com/images/twix_ok.gif

I have to say, it's kind of weird to be called a homophobe when you just don't like the overtly flamboyant stuff...

ChickenDancer
2008-07-30, 09:40 PM
I have to say, it's kind of weird to be called a homophobe when you just don't like the overtly flamboyant stuff...

I've never been very nice to people that commit themselves to follow a stereotype. Especially when I knew them when they were little and their stereotype is a recent development.

But yeah I'm crazy.

Dryken
2008-07-30, 09:48 PM
I've never been very nice to people that commit themselves to follow a stereotype. Especially when I knew them when they were little and their stereotype is a recent development.

But yeah I'm crazy.

I know exactly what you mean, except on the trans side of thing. I've met quite a few people that, in the name of being more "feminine" opted to be as stereotypical and misogynistic as humanly possible instead of being themselves. The mind boggles.

Pinnacle
2008-07-30, 09:52 PM
Too bad there's no supernatural thread in which to discuss it.
Are you aware of the "New Thread" button thingy?

I'm gay. I'm always getting labeled as a homophobe though because I tend to dislike when people grab me inappropriately simply out of principal.
Most people don't let members of the opposite sex do that anyway. It's called "sexual assault" and is generally viewed negatively.

Have you tried violence?

Collin152
2008-07-30, 09:55 PM
Are you aware of the "New Thread" button thingy?

And then you go and clip the whitext to make me look worse.
Shaame, sirrah, shaaame.

ChickenDancer
2008-07-30, 09:57 PM
I love Tranny's, they are a monument to the human spirit in my eyes. You have to be an incredibly strong person to be able to make those particular life style choices when the entire world is like "Huh?"

I'm even friends with a couple of the "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence" in San Francisco.

Pinnacle
2008-07-30, 09:57 PM

Oh! I get it. I thought that was some kinda weird joke that I didn't get.

Sorry, I guess I didn't expect the obvious. :smallredface:

ChickenDancer
2008-07-30, 10:01 PM
Most people don't let members of the opposite sex do that anyway. It's called "sexual assault" and is generally viewed negatively.

Have you tried violence?

No I haven't, I don't really like the idea of hurting any living being... except spiders.

And for some reason sexual assault seems to be widely excepted in the gay community. I don't approve of it and tend to resort to biting quips when it happens to me. I think I've alienated half of San Francisco by now.

captain_decadence
2008-07-30, 10:28 PM
Yay for not liking sexual assault. I'm a big fan of people not touching me if I don't know them or don't want them to touch me. It's odd because I'm very touchy feely with my friends but I hate more than anything being touched by a stranger/someone I don't like.

Also, I was yellow on the aura test and that's just wrong.

Zarrexaij
2008-07-30, 10:35 PM
I've never been very nice to people that commit themselves to follow a stereotype. Especially when I knew them when they were little and their stereotype is a recent development.I'm the same way. It bugs me to no end. Goes for anything, especially subcultures. Ugh.

katkin
2008-07-31, 02:43 PM
did anyone else feel REALLY hungry when they saw that twix picture?

Lyesmith
2008-07-31, 02:48 PM
I did, but now I'm totally not hungry.
I think the chicken had something to do with it.
Also.
I should really get around to telling my dad I'm into guys.

katkin
2008-07-31, 03:09 PM
That's pretty big. I really hope it goes OK for you!

I was going to say something like 'You could always distract him with a Twix' but frankly, that's a bit flippant, considering the circumstances.

I would tell my boyfriend that I'm also into girls but he'd probably choke on the Twix and then ask for a threesome...

Lyesmith
2008-07-31, 03:12 PM
Eh. Follow Harmony's rule of 3-ways, in that respect.

Twix distraction might well work. His reaction is probably just going to be "And?".
Which is my he's so awesome.

katkin
2008-07-31, 03:19 PM
Thta is pretty darn awesome! Far better than the reception that my cousin got from the god fearing half of my family who basically ostracized him for the best part of ten years for admitting who he was... just for being brave enough to admit who he really was to people he knew would have difficulty accepting it. I'm not sure Twixes would have even helped.

Lyesmith
2008-07-31, 03:22 PM
We've somewhat grown apart from my mothers side of the family. And my dad just dosent HAVE a side of the family. (Okay he does. His dad moved to america, and has a huge family over there, but his other blood relatives ARE NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. They like, vanished from the face of the earth)

katkin
2008-07-31, 03:38 PM
Perhaps they got eaten by those shadow things that were on Doctor Who a few weeks ago! Most of the God-fearing types in my family have either died of their own spite or have become more liberal in the past few years.

Lyesmith
2008-07-31, 03:43 PM
...Damn, maybe they actually did.
The american side of his family are very northern (like a little south fom canada), and my grandad is pretty cool.

My mothers side are nuts. I could dine out for weeks on stories.

katkin
2008-07-31, 03:46 PM
My family isn't all that interesting till you go back a few generations. Then it's just a mental mixture of affairs and suicide and demtia. All that stuff! Ah... the good old days...
My parents are extremely cool though. Very laid back, can talk to them about anything. Well almost anything, I have broken my dad's headphones and not told him... he'll get over it!

Terraoblivion
2008-07-31, 03:52 PM
Family one of the most puzzling topics around. Especially since you can never escape it. And i know about fear of coming out to my family. It took me over a year of contemplation before i said a word to my parents. Both of who were immediately accepting. Then it took more than two years before telling it to other family members, none of who as much as asked weird questions because they didn't understand. I love my family, even if half of them are insane and the other half is boring.

Collin152
2008-07-31, 04:02 PM
My family is the religionist family in town.
That's including the leaders of our church in this general locale!
And, wouldn'tcha know it, the church they adhere unneringly to(unnamed for the sake of vagueness!) has a very public stance on homosexuality. They're very, very much against it.
And my family (Well, my parents) make no exceptions to their dogma.

So, yeah, I figure I'd best be in San Fransisco before I let them know the deal.

happyturtle
2008-07-31, 04:06 PM
Oh yuck! And then when you tell them, they'll think you are going to hell and try to save you because they love you. :smallyuk:

Collin152
2008-07-31, 04:22 PM
Oh yuck! And then when you tell them, they'll think you are going to hell and try to save you because they love you. :smallyuk:

And I just barely got through that exact thign with a close friend of mine. Who happens to be just about the cutest guy I've ever met.
Well, it's from a concern for me, right? I'll take that. That's a form of love!
[/desperate]

Lyesmith
2008-07-31, 04:24 PM
I show affection in a really awful way.
I should learn to show people i care for and respect them OTHER ways than taking the piss out of them (albeit in a good-natured and freindly manner).

My fathers poor girlfreind gets so much battering!
But she's awesome.:smallbiggrin:

Calamity
2008-07-31, 04:27 PM
I show affection in a really awful way.
I should learn to show people i care for and respect them OTHER ways than taking the piss out of them (albeit in a good-natured and freindly manner).

I have some friends like you. Jerk. :smalltongue:

Also, remember that friend I was gonna tell? He's on holiday! My luck continues to be rather bad. At least he's back next week.

happyturtle
2008-07-31, 04:29 PM
And I just barely got through that exact thign with a close friend of mine. Who happens to be just about the cutest guy I've ever met.
Well, it's from a concern for me, right? I'll take that. That's a form of love!
[/desperate]

*hugs* Your parents love you. Though you'll probably have a hard time remembering that when they are being complete asses over having their worldview turned upside down.

Collin152
2008-07-31, 04:37 PM
*hugs* Your parents love you. Though you'll probably have a hard time remembering that when they are being complete asses over having their worldview turned upside down.

Oh, I'm sure they love me, and I'm sure that won't change, but we won't be on pleasent terms ever again.
I'll be compared to my sister, my cousins and my aunts. Uncles too, but then it isn't an HMS Pinafore refrence, dont'cha know. I'll either never get them to shut up about coming back, or I'll never hear from them again. Hmm... Would I be welcome back at Christmas? Eh, Christmas is dead to me.

For the record, I'm an independant Animist. Spirits! Are! Always with you!

katkin
2008-07-31, 04:38 PM
It's a shame that coming out has to be such a big deal... it just shows how attitudes permeate certain groups in society (mainly religous ones). Still, I guess it lets you know who your true friends and family really are, the ones that'll love you no matter what. It's still a shame that some people feel they can no longer be your friend or relative just because you admit that you like people of the same sex

Lyesmith
2008-07-31, 04:40 PM
I just cannot be bothered with it being a big deal.
And Calamity, I'm sorry your freinds are like me! But they love you! And they probably have parents who can be the same. It's where I got mine from.
But i also got pretty awesome wits and a razor sharp tounge, so it's a mixed bag!
The latter makes tounge-kissing difficult though.

katkin
2008-07-31, 04:41 PM
you just need to find someone with a hairy tongue. They'll love you forever!

happyturtle
2008-07-31, 04:46 PM
Oh, I'm sure they love me, and I'm sure that won't change, but we won't be on pleasent terms ever again.

Yeah, family sucks sometimes. I didn't have to come out as gay, but when my parents found out I was having sex (at the age of 18, mind!) they had a complete freak out.

Collin152
2008-07-31, 04:48 PM
Yeah, family sucks sometimes. I didn't have to come out as gay, but when my parents found out I was having sex (at the age of 18, mind!) they had a complete freak out.

Hmm...
Well, the way things are going, at least I won't have that problem.

Lyesmith
2008-07-31, 04:50 PM
I'm so glad my father is who he is.
Also that i can utterly lashback at him.
These walls are thin, people!

Collin152
2008-07-31, 05:07 PM
So, reflectign on the third X-men movie, and realising how my life become more like a badly written movie every day, I am afraid somewhere, people are developing a drug to force one to heterosexuality.
We must fight this!

happyturtle
2008-07-31, 05:15 PM
Well that would suck. I'm probably 95% straight, but I wouldn't want to live in a world without gay people.

Collin152
2008-07-31, 10:00 PM
Obviously I must counter it by conocting something that will turn heterosexuals gay.
I'd only use it on fittign specimens, though.
I can think of two guys who wouldn't mind too much...

happyturtle
2008-07-31, 10:53 PM
Well don't turn me gay, because I'd cry if I were no longer attracted to Mr Happyturtle. Bi would be okay though.

Collin152
2008-07-31, 11:01 PM
There's no more responsible person on earth to posses this kind of power.
After all, just making a guy gay doesn't nesecarily mean I'd have a shot with him.
This would just serve to remove troubling detriments to their potential happiness.

Pyro
2008-07-31, 11:38 PM
After all, just making a guy gay doesn't nesecarily mean I'd have a shot with him.
This would just serve to remove troubling detriments to their potential happiness.

I once had a totally hilarious conversation with a friend about that over IM. I would post it, but I have the feeling that I'm over staying my welcome in this thread a bit...sorta

Collin152
2008-07-31, 11:43 PM
I once had a totally hilarious conversation with a friend about that over IM. I would post it, but I have the feeling that I'm over staying my welcome in this thread a bit...sorta

Oh, no, stay. Post it if you care to share it with us all. If not... feel free to PM me. I'm intrigued.

Pinnacle
2008-08-01, 12:48 AM

The funniest thing I've ever heard seen you say write by far. You've actually got me laughing out loud--that never happens. :smallbiggrin:

Phae Nymna
2008-08-01, 02:23 AM
My family is the religionist family in town.
That's including the leaders of our church in this general locale!
And, wouldn'tcha know it, the church they adhere unneringly to(unnamed for the sake of vagueness!) has a very public stance on homosexuality. They're very, very much against it.
And my family (Well, my parents) make no exceptions to their dogma.

So, yeah, I figure I'd best be in San Fransisco before I let them know the deal.

Or in New Orleans. *cough*

And ladies and gentlemen, with some prior knowledge and a curious find, I give you- THE GAY BOMB!
http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/photogallery_image/files/articles/gaybomb.jpg

"...the proposal was to develop a variety of bombs of uncommon ordinance (at a cost of $7.5 million), including: a flatulence bomb, which would stink so badly as to drive the enemy out of its hiding places; a bomb which would make the enemy sweat profusely; and a "halitosis bomb," which would plague soldiers with bad breath. But the coup de grâce was the bomb now colloquially referred to as the "gay bomb." Using a hypothetical aphrodisiac of remarkable potency, the bomb would spray the enemy with a substance that would quite literally turn them gay, causing the soldiers to become "irresistibly attracted to one another"..."

Project Abandoned 1994

Article snippet from PopSci

Pyro
2008-08-01, 10:01 AM
That would bring new meaning to the phrase "Make love not war".:smallwink:

Ethrael
2008-08-01, 10:25 AM
*is rolling on the floor laughing*

*will return soon*...

randman22222
2008-08-01, 10:28 AM
You're alive! Access to MSN?

Lyesmith
2008-08-01, 10:42 AM
You forgot the part where "It makes them weak to sunlight".
Making peple into vampires.
With a bomb.
Gay Vampire Bombs.
Weaponised Anne Rice?:smalltongue:(That is the right author, right? Not read any of her, apart from a short bit from 'Interview with a vampire' in an anthology)

Calamity
2008-08-01, 10:49 AM
Gay Vampire Bombs.

That gave me a weird mental image.

Ethrael
2008-08-01, 10:51 AM
Sorry, rand, no, I only got a laptop and a portable modem. I might be able to later *thinks* maybe not, I'll see ya there.

Anyways, I've posted a Magic thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4633237#post4633237) so no more side-tracking onto LGBT auras.

Lyesmith
2008-08-01, 11:24 AM
You've got to admit it would be totally awesome.

Calamity
2008-08-01, 11:25 AM
You've got to admit it would be totally awesome.

Oh I'm not saying it was a bad mental image. :smallwink:

happyturtle
2008-08-01, 11:41 AM
:smallyuk: Nuh-uh... blood drinking is gross. Vampires are gross. Gay people are not gross, but gay vampires are icky yucky pooey. :smallyuk::smallyuk::smallyuk:

Calamity
2008-08-01, 11:43 AM
Each to their own, I guess. :smallamused:

Dryken
2008-08-01, 12:04 PM
ooh! ooh! Speaking of gay vampires, has anyone read Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite? Back when I was a teen I melted every time I read it. :P

Phae Nymna
2008-08-01, 12:36 PM
Gay Vampire Bombs.

Hawt.

And yes, Anne Rice is the proper author for that succulent slice of literature. I watched Interview just yesterday actually.

Collin152
2008-08-01, 04:11 PM
The funniest thing I've ever heard seen you say write by far. You've actually got me laughing out loud--that never happens. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, what, you can think of someone better than The Mindrapist to wield that power?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-01, 06:44 PM
Hawt.

And yes, Anne Rice is the proper author for that succulent slice of literature. I watched Interview just yesterday actually.

I used to be a huuuuuge Anne Rice fan. As anybody could tell by my previous username...
However...I don't know what happened. I just woke up one day and...didn't like her anymore. I can't get myself through any of her books :smallfrown:

Lex-Kat
2008-08-01, 10:28 PM
I used to be a huuuuuge Anne Rice fan. As anybody could tell by my previous username...
However...I don't know what happened. I just woke up one day and...didn't like her anymore. I can't get myself through any of her books :smallfrown:

Maybe it's because of her return to Catholicism.

P.S. I'm glad to see you back. Though you were only gone a short while.

Collin152
2008-08-01, 10:39 PM
Bleh.
I've had it up to here with this love-breadtangle I'm in!
And if you could see me, my hand is at my eye! And I'm standing on a chair!

Life is a poorly written TV show, and the writers have decided to send me into a new plot twist. :P
They know the audience doesn't like my stories. What are they thinking?

UserClone
2008-08-02, 02:01 AM
Bleh.
I've had it up to here with this love-breadtangle I'm in!
And if you could see me, my hand is at my eye! And I'm standing on a chair!

Life is a poorly written TV show, and the writers have decided to send me into a new plot twist. :P
They know the audience doesn't like my stories. What are they thinking?

Buh? What exactly are we talking about?

Ethrael
2008-08-02, 03:40 PM
Who's this Anne Rice and why is she a hit with the LGBT crew?

Calamity
2008-08-02, 03:47 PM
Who's this Anne Rice and why is she a hit with the LGBT crew?

I don't really konw much about her myself but I think it one can always wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interview_with_the_Vampire) it

Ethrael
2008-08-02, 03:51 PM
Ah yes, the joys of wiki, I've seemed to have forgotten them now on holiday. :smalltongue:

ChickenDancer
2008-08-02, 04:22 PM
My friend... Lets call her "Hammer Butt"... Decided to stay awake until she read every Anne Rice book in Chronological order.

Problem is she ate nothing but bran muffins and was drinking three day old coffee to stay awake...

happyturtle
2008-08-02, 04:41 PM
Now when I play "What's up?" "What?" "Chicken butt!" with my niece, I'm going to say "Hammer butt!" instead. :smallbiggrin:

Lyesmith
2008-08-02, 04:43 PM
I still can't hear the word "Hammer" without mentally adding "Time" to it. And then humming.

ChickenDancer
2008-08-02, 04:49 PM
Actually she oddly enough likes that nickname... It started right after she did this little experiment and all the diarhetics took their toll on her and she decided to tell the world that her butt hit the toilet like the hammer..

I hope thats not considered offensive in any way.

happyturtle
2008-08-02, 04:50 PM
*shrugs* Can't be any worse than the topic of conversation in the Girl Thread.

Tamburlaine
2008-08-03, 02:15 PM
I know I'm a bit late to welcome the new thread, but I've been in Greece (coincidentally the birthplace of manly homosexuality; I'm looking at you, Spartans) away from the interweb for a while, and I really appreciated lurking around the old one, so: Hello new thread! *waves*

Are we still talking about the cool chart thing? If so, please can I go on it at (2,9)? Pretty please?
Sorry for interrupting:smallredface:

Mx.Silver
2008-08-03, 02:22 PM
I know I'm a bit late to welcome the new thread, but I've been in Greece (coincidentally the birthplace of manly homosexuality; I'm looking at you, Spartans) away from the interweb for a while, and I really appreciated lurking around the old one, so: Hello new thread! *waves*
And womanly lesbianism too. Hell, they even named it after a Greek island.

Tamburlaine
2008-08-03, 03:04 PM
By Poseidon! You're right!
In fact, lookingat wonder woman, they probablyincented bondage as well.

Kaelaroth
2008-08-03, 03:21 PM
I, too, have been away. So, I now deliver my welcome to this thread, and all those new people who'll benefit from it. And greet all my fellow LGBTQers. *wavitty*

Terraoblivion
2008-08-03, 04:07 PM
Nah, Wonder Woman is only into bondage because the original creator was a fairly loopy psychologist who was adamant on the healthy aspects of regular bondage. So he used his comic as a soap box to advocate that viewpoint. She is also female because he found it important to create a strong female character so boys could get used to the thought of their future superiors. Like i said he was a bit crazy.

And the population of Lesbos is actually trying to get the Greek supreme court to rule it illegal to use the term lesbian for homosexual women, because they insist that it is awkward for them to introduce their place of origin. Sounds more than a bit silly to me, i mean it is only a slight reworking of the sentence to avoid making it sound like they are calling themselves homosexual women.

happyturtle
2008-08-03, 04:12 PM
Awww... don't spoil it. :smallfrown: I liked the idea that all the fun stuff came from one place!

Mx.Silver
2008-08-03, 06:14 PM
And the population of Lesbos is actually trying to get the Greek supreme court to rule it illegal to use the term lesbian for homosexual women, because they insist that it is awkward for them to introduce their place of origin. Sounds more than a bit silly to me, i mean it is only a slight reworking of the sentence to avoid making it sound like they are calling themselves homosexual women.

Well, we could just switch to using sapphic. Except that also comes from a similar source: the ancient Greek poet Sappho who was a native of Lesbos (although she was probably bisexual). In fact, it was because of her poetry that the term lesbian was adopted for its current usage in the first place. It just wouldn't seem right to stop it from being used to refer to homosexual women really.

Terraoblivion
2008-08-04, 09:27 AM
I know it comes from Sappho. I just found the story of the complaining people of said island too fun to not relay. Of course there is probably more to it than that, such as being a thinly veiled tool for a less than liberal agenda, but i don't know the details.

Lady Tialait
2008-08-04, 09:55 AM
*sneaks in* hmm..this could be a fun thread to create chaos in....*makes out with Kaelaroth*....*leaves a tip and a mint on his pillow*

On a more serious note....I'm not LGBorT...but why does everyone think I am?...I mean i'm a tomboy not a lesbo...I'm fricken married to my own personal hotty...not really into broobies, so why oh why does everyone think I am?...any thoughts?....*flirts with Kael some more*

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-04, 09:58 AM
Someone please tell me I'm not the only one slightly offended by Tia's post X-x

Maybe its just cause she's my ZOMGARCHNEMESIS from the SMBG, but...

Ahem, anyways, Tia...why does it matter if people think you are, if you aren't? I assume you're happy with your husband, so advances made by women or comments made by others really shouldn't matter.
Unless, of course, you yourself are uncertain :smalltongue:

Kaelaroth
2008-08-04, 09:58 AM
*sneaks in* hmm..this could be a fun thread to create chaos in....*makes out with Kaelaroth*....*leaves a tip and a mint on his pillow*

On a more serious note....I'm not LGBorT...but why does everyone think I am?...I mean i'm a tomboy not a lesbo...I'm fricken married to my own personal hotty...not really into broobies, so why oh why does everyone think I am?...any thoughts?....*flirts with Kael some more*

Sweety, I like real boys. :smallsigh:

And, on a more serious note, perhaps you need to examine what you're wearing, how you act, how you hold yourself? Stance and bearing are important factors. Alternatively, you can just not care.

Lyesmith
2008-08-04, 10:06 AM
OR maybe you really are a man. And you're the only one who hasn't realised yet?

Quickly, to the Deluded Conspiracy Theory Mobile! Away!

Calamity
2008-08-04, 10:07 AM

I find thats it just an unavoidable truth, this is what people can be like. As I said before, I hate it when people assume things about me, but it's a lot better to just not care. The best way to deal with it is to just be yourself regardless.

Lady Tialait
2008-08-04, 10:34 AM
OR maybe you really are a man. And you're the only one who hasn't realised yet?

Quickly, to the Deluded Conspiracy Theory Mobile! Away!

*checks* Um...erm...those are girl parts... As for how I hold my self and such. I was raised by mostly my dad, as a kid I worked on cars, played nerdy games, and did boy-like-stuff. I just grew up acting like a guy. I spit, fart and scratch my butt...i'm a REAL...wait..i'm a girl.

As for the hitting on me..it gets annoying only when it goes something like this:

Me: Oh hey, how you doin?
Hitteron: Hey! (insert line here)
Me: I'm married...and strait...and no.
Hitteron: I can change that.

that last line makes me want to take a large hammer and created pudding on of said person's face....then again..I wanted to do that to the person at a make up counter at a wal-mart when they wanted me to like make up and I said I dont wear make up..."I can change that" must not be allowed to be said..can someone please get rid of that phrase from english..pwease...

*gives Kael a cookie* Darn you being so cute...

randman22222
2008-08-04, 10:36 AM
"I can change th-" *I shoot whoever said that.*

That is a phrase I utterly despise as well.

Lyesmith
2008-08-04, 11:06 AM
...You see, I just think that's hilarious. Sorry, but I do!
(I'm putting the blame squarely on the sheer absurdity of the context. Married? Straight? THESE THINGS ARE TOTALLY WORK ROUND-ABLE)

Lady Tialait
2008-08-04, 11:09 AM
Maybe, they think it's something genetic, and they can bring it out in me...for some reason. I mean I do have a half-brother who is campy gay...really annoyingly camp. And three of my 13 sisters (some are half- others are step-) are lesbians...plus I like 'boy' stuff...hmmm..and I have been known to start cussing like a sailor when I am working on a car and have to strap my broobs down so I can fit...stupid broobs..I could do without them...

Ethrael
2008-08-04, 12:17 PM
Lesbos was not named after lesbians. :smallannoyed: We don't even call people from there Lesbians, we call them Mitilinei, that's the name of the island's capital (Mitilini).

Anyways, welcome back from the holidays everyone.

Terraoblivion
2008-08-04, 12:22 PM
It is lesbians who are named for the island, which is what i believe everyone has said. And the locals seem to want to claim the name lesbian for themselves, probably more as a jab against homosexuals than anything else. At least if Danish news can be trusted in the slightest.

Kaelaroth
2008-08-04, 12:35 PM
At least if Danish news can be trusted in the slightest.

I heard that over here in Britland too.

Ethrael
2008-08-04, 12:45 PM
The first post of the Lesbos/lesbian conversation did claim that the island was named after lesbians. Probably as a joke, hence I was jokey before. And it's not a stab at homosexuality, imagine meeting someone:

A: I'm a Lesbian
B: Oh...ok, by the way, I'm totally ok with that sort of thing.
A: No, I mean I'm from Lesbos.
B: Oh...

Awkward Pause

Don't you think it's practical? Also, now that the news has gotten everywhere, it's not only the locals of Lesbos that are wanting the ruling to pass because everyone's asking, "Hey isn't that the country where there's a whole island of lesbians?" *giggle* *chortle*

Terraoblivion
2008-08-04, 12:49 PM
The reason i think it might be a stab is that because in none of the languages i know, that is Danish, English, German, Norwegian, Swedish and a little bit of Chinese, do you use adjective forms of your place of origin very much. In general you tend to say you are from wherever it is. It might be different in Greek, which would of course change the perception of what it means.