PDA

View Full Version : Shounen System Playtest: Introduction Arc

AlterForm
2008-07-28, 10:03 AM
=~=~=Episode 1=~=~=
First Mission:
Team 12 Sets Out!

http://www.naruto-warrior.com/info/characterdb/images/tsunade.jpg

"Alright, you three. We're a bit short on ninja right now, so you won't be receiving a squad leader. Lucky for you, you're the best Genin to come out of the Academy in a long time. So I think you can handle it.

Now, for your first mission. You're getting right into it with a C-rank. Some local bandits were apparently laying low in the village, and just yesterday made off with the spoils of a bank heist. We have the location of their base of operations, so you're going to go in there and recover what they stole.

Any questions? If not, the door's behind you and I've got other issues to deal with.

Character SheetsCharacter Name: Hissori Utaguri (OverWilliam)

Lv: 1
EXP 0 / 100
SP: 5
Heroics:

Strength: 4
Agility: 8
Spirit: 6
Mind: 3
Guts: 4

Accuracy: 5
Evade: 5
Aura: 4
Intuition: 2
Resolve: 3

Attack: 80
Phys: 160
Prec: 120
Mag: 60
Spr: 80

HP: 900/(900[1000])
EN: 150/150
Def: 80
Res: 90
Move: 4

Flaws:
Unhealing Wound 15 SP
Gash runs from inside of Left hip to Left shoulder; HP permanently reduced by set amount; enemies with knowledge of the wound prior to the current engagement can take a -3 on their attack roll to hit the pre-existing wound for a guaranteed critical.

Slow Healing 5 SP
Wounds heal slowly. Recover 10 less hit points per level every hour.

Skills:
Aura Tracker 25 SP, Lvl 2
You can track a person’s movements by their aura. Able to find someone by their aura within 2 miles.

Jump 20 SP, Fixed
You can jump exceptionally high, allowing you to strike at airborne enemies and leap over large obstacles. Whenever you employ a jump action, expend 10 energy.

Swift Step 35 SP, Lvl 2
Either through a powerful burst of speed or sliding through dimensions, you can adjust your location unbelievably fast. Expend 5 energy to move one square. You cannot exceed 4 squares in this fashion.

Alert 10 SP, Lvl 1
You are particularly intoned to your surroundings and able to spot details and hidden objects. When searching, listening, or attempting to spot something or someone, add 3 to your Mind.

Negation 25 SP, Fixed
Through speed of movement or other defenses, you can completely dodge attacks that affect a large area. If an Area of Effect or Line Technique misses, you take no damage instead of ½ damage.

Techniques:
Name: Kunai Rain
Level: 2
Damage Type: Precision
Energy: 20
Core: Damage
Power: 200
Range: 3
Effect: Throw multiple kunai at target for damage.
Mods: Ranged Attack 1 (+1)
Limits: none

Name: Kunai Dash
Level: 4
Damage Type: Physical
Energy: 40
Power: 200
Range: Melee
Effect: Slash multiple melee targets for damage.
Mods: Spring Attack (+3)
Limits: none

And then I need some approval on this last one. I'm shooting for Kakashi's Headhunter Jutsu here, and so I made the Mod on it to try to represent that style of immobilization (specifically, not requiring sustained effort on the part of the user, as Kakashi simply walked away from Sasuke after using it on him). Is it acceptable? I'm looking for whether it is balanced in both directions, overpowered or underpowered and what I should do about it.

Name: Headhunter Jutsu
Damage Type: Strength
Core: Immobilize
Power: 1
Effect: Bury a target up to their neck in the ground to immobilize them.
Mods: Helpless Target (+3)
If the target fails their initial save, they are rendered helpless without a continued save and without requiring a fast action to maintain or denied move action on the part of the user. The technique will automatically dispell itself in a number of rounds equal to half the technique's total level. Any attacks made against the helpless target, regardless of origin, automatically hit but have their damage reduced by half and the technique is dispelled instantly. Should an ally assist the target to escape the technique, with a Fast action they automatically succeed and the technique is canceled. Under any condition of release from the technique, if the target's initiative order has not already passed, they may act as normal for the round.
Limits:

Character Name: Haruki Kumo (Note: Unlike in Japan, the given name preceds the family name here.) (Collin152)

Lv: 1
EXP 0 / 100
SP: 0
Heroics:

Strength: 4
Agility: 8
Spirit: 4
Mind: 6
Guts: 3

Accuracy: 5
Evade: 5
Aura: 3
Intuition: 4
Resolve: 2

Attack:
Phys: 80
Prec: 160
Mag: 80
Spr: 120

HP: 1000/1000
EN: 160/160
Def: 70
Res: 100
Move: 5

Flaws:
Lethargic 15 SP
Your Willpower only increases every even-numbered round during battle.

Slow Healing 5 SP
Wounds heal slowly. Recover 10 less hit points per level every hour.

Skills:
Sprinter 20 SP, Lvl 1
Your Move increases by 1.

Exploit Weakness 30 SP, Fixed
Make an opposed Intuition check against a target. If you succeed, once per battle you or an ally can make an attack against the target that automatically hits. The target is denied their defense for this attack.

Swift Step 35 SP, Lvl 1
Either through a powerful burst of speed or sliding through dimensions, you can adjust your location unbelievably fast. Expend 5 energy to move one square. You cannot exceed 3 squares in this fashion.

Healing 45 SP, Lvl 2
By expending 20 EN, you can recover 200 HP. You can spend 20 more EN to heal 200 more HP for every level above 1 in the skill.

Techniques:
Name: Kunai
Damage Type: Precision
Energy: 0
Power: 360
Range: 3
Effect: Throw or stab with a Kunai.
Mods: Ranged Attack 1 (+1)
Limits: Accuracy [level 1]

Name: Wind Step
Damage Type: Physical
Energy: 10
Power: 280
Effect: Run through enemies to damage them.
Mods: Spring Attack (+3)
Limits: Cooldown [level 1]

Name: Release
Level: 1
Damage Type: -
Energy: 5
Core: Nullify
Power: -
Range: ? Adjacent?
Effect: Remove Boost, Weaken, Seal, Immobilize, or Illusion effect with an Aura check with a +1 bonus.
Mods: -
Limits: -

Name: Restrict Chakra
Damage Type: -
Energy: 20
Core: Seal
Power: -
Range: ? Melee?
Effect: Prevent an enemy from using a technique or skill for three turns if you succeed at an opposed aura check with a +2 bonus.
Mods: -
Limits: -

Character Name: Oda (Carinthium)

Strength: 7
Agility: 3
Spirit: 5
Mind: 3
Guts: 7

Accuracy: 2
Evade: 2
Aura: 3
Intuition: 2
Resolve: 4

Attack:
Phys: 140
Prec: 60
Mag: 60
Spr: 100

HP: 1300/1300
EN: 120/120
Def: 140
Res: 80
Move: 3

Flaws:

Beserker 10 SP
Whenever you drop below 25% HP, you enter a rage. Your character attacks the closest enemy with the strongest melee Damage Core technique they have available whenever it is their turn. During their turn the only actions you may take are a move action to bring you closer to your target and a medium or, if necessary, slow action to use the strongest damage core technique available to you at the time. If you cannot do both in the same action, using the technique receives higher priority.

While Berserk, Accuracy increases by +2, Evasion decreases by -2, Attack increases by 100, and Defense is set to 0.

Social Stigma (Depised by family) 5 SP
Effect: You have difficulty in social situations, and are often shunned or even outright attacked.
Special: For details on this flaw, please refer to the Role-play chapter.

Uncontrolled Aura 5 SP
Effect: Anybody can ascertain your aura as if they possessed the Aura Reader skill.
Special: Those with the Aura Reader skill do not need to spend a Fast Action to do so; they automatically recognize your level immediately upon coming near you.

Skills:

Determinator Level 1 (100 SP)
Your determination to win allows you to quickly focus in combat.
Level Progression: Fixed
Effect: Willpower increases by 2 every round instead of 1.
Special: Does not stack with Bounce Back.

Challenge Level 1 (10 SP)
Level Progression: Fixed
Speed: Fast
Effect: Challenge a foe to single combat. If the target accepts, neither you nor the target can attack anyone but each other until one of you falls or the challenge is broken. You both gain +2 Willpower. When one of the challengers is defeated, the challenge ends and all will bonuses are retained.
Special: If anybody interferes with the challenge by attacking participants in the challenge, the challenge is broken and they lose 4 Willpower.
Special: If the challenger or the challenged attack anybody else, the challenge is broken and the one who breaks the challenge loses the bonus to Willpower, as well as an additional 4 Willpower.
Special: If the challenge is refused, the one who refused the challenge loses 2 Willpower.

Techniques:

Standard Punch (Physical, Level 1)
Core (1): Damage
Energy: 10
Damage: 340
(No Mods or Limits)

Back Kick (Physical, Level 2)
Core (3): Damage
Damage: 340

Mods:
Accurate Strike (+2 to accuracy)

Tactical Slice (Physical, Level 4)
Core (6): Damage
Energy: 30
Damage: 390

Mods:
Accurate Strike (+2 to accuracy)

Limits:
Cooldown Limit (Level 2- cannot be used for 2 turns after use. 30 cost reduction)
Slow Limit (requires Slow Action instead of Medium Action. 30 cost reduction)

Resentment Strike (Physical, Level 4)
Core (4): Damage
Energy: 15
Damage: 490

Limits:
Ammunition Limit (Level 1)
Effect: You can only use this technique a limited number of times per encounter.
Value: 4 - Limit Level
Cost reduction: 25

Backstory:
Fueled by resentment of his family, itself created by their championing of his older brother and their attempt to indoctrinate Oda into their traditions (the family has hereditary techniques, which Oda doesn’t want to learn because he wants to concentrate on “what works, not what’s traditional”). He wants to try and surpass his older brother, who follows the family traditions completely.

Go ahead and give us a sentence or two describing your characters and/or their reactions so we make sure everyone's here.

Feel free to post any questions you still have about the system in spoilers, and we can deal with those now. If they come up in play, please deal with them in the OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85343).

As I mentioned in the Recruiting Thread, FF_Fanboy and Levyathyn will not be joining us, so let's see how you do against an adventure meant for 5 characters. I'll scale it back if need be, and don't worry too much if you get taken down.

Oh, and I hope you don't mind me naming ya'll Team 12. Choose something else if you like.

OverWilliam
2008-07-28, 11:26 AM
Hissori stood behind the others with his arms crossed. When Tsunade-sama had finished speaking, he frowned. He held up a hand and quickly made three signs and then a fourth, which could've been mistaken for Jutsu handsigns by an outsider. To Tsunade, and the other ninja in the room who noticed, it was the Sign Language derived from the Universal variety that was unique to Konoha. It, like the other villages' versions, was quite complex and allowed for quick, silent communication between ninja. This variety was only taught at Konoha's academy to Leaf Shinobi and was one of the village's secrets that all ninja of the Leaf Village were sworn to protect. Know Thieves Numbers ? He asked silently.

Collin152
2008-07-28, 02:51 PM
Haruki, hearing Hissori's signs and turning to see, nods his agreement to the question.
Yes, Tsunade-sama, do we know how many thieves there were?

Carinthium
2008-07-29, 12:59 AM
"Does it matter how many thieves there were?" asked Oda. "We're ninja- we should be a match for them."

OverWilliam
2008-07-29, 07:40 AM
Hissori shot Oda a look, but made sure to do so when the ninja was not looking.

:smallwink:

AlterForm
2008-07-29, 02:24 PM
Tsunade nods at Hissori's mute question

"There's a couple dozen at most, but the majority of those are just punks who signed up to make a quick buck. What you'll have to watch for is their signature technique. I'm told it's rather similar to the Kujaku art of the Hidden Star village: they summon a cloud of solidified chakra, which they then use to attack. It's not nearly as powerful as the real thing, though."

She passes a summary sheet of the mission to Haruki

"You'll find the location of their hideout on there. Dismissed!"

I'll have the map up in a couple hours or so; having a little trouble with the computer I have it saved on. Nothing I can't handle though.

Collin152
2008-07-29, 05:22 PM
Haruki looks over the sheet (and the map that he can totally see), and nods his understanding.
Alright, Tsunade-sama, we will set out at once.

Carinthium
2008-07-29, 06:51 PM
"Perhaps we should try and swing some over to our own side with the prospect of a quick buck?" asked Oda.

AlterForm
2008-07-29, 10:10 PM
You arrive at the entry point easily enough. It's a couple stories up at the top of an old warehouse. The lower levels of the building are too derelict to navigate, but it looks like the bandits were getting in here by way of a fire escape over the street nearby. You've decided to let yourselves in the same way.

Upon entering, you notice there is only 1 door and the stairs going back down. No two ways about it: You'll have to go in with a bang.

MAP
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/77851/ShounenEntry.png

Sorry I took so long to get this up. Windows decided it needed a reinstall. :smallannoyed:

You're currently in the small room just to the left of the street that you can see. The door at K7 is your entrypoint. Pick a position and go. If you want to, send me a picture to use for your token when I update the map. Otherwise, you get my stick doodles. :smallamused:

Or continue discussing the mission, but don't take too long. :smallcool:

Carinthium
2008-07-29, 10:18 PM
Oda moves in, assuming the others do.

OOC: This is a test game, and I didn't because of want to test out combat, but I can see at least one alternative around going in with a bang.

OverWilliam
2008-07-30, 10:06 AM
Mah pic;

http://bvswiki.com/local--files/items:kunai/Kunai1.jpg

Feel free to re-size as necessary. :smallwink:

Hissori examined the room they found themselves in briefly, looking for traps, trip wires, or anything else unusual, and was careful not to trip them. Then he closed his eyes and focused past the walls, searching for something that the eyes could not see...

Awareness check: [roll0]

Use skill Aura Tracker to check for auras in the building.

AlterForm
2008-07-30, 12:40 PM
Hissori finds no traps in the room.

Aura Tracker readout: 8 auras roughly north of you, 3 south and a little west of you, 2 more in the other corner (NW) of the building. North is up.

Collin152
2008-07-30, 02:57 PM
Here's a suitable token: http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/collin152/kumo.png
The Kanji says 'Kumo', referring to a spider. You know, like his last name, which could also mean cloud? It's a little big, but it can be rezised as needed, I'm sure.

Seeing Hissori looking intently, and knowing his ability to sense chakra, Haruki asks him, What do you advise we do?

Carinthium
2008-07-30, 04:35 PM
Oda, seeing that the others aren't moving, waits.

"Perhaps we should have one of us pretend to join them? The prospect of adding a ninja to their ranks would seem quite good for an organisation like this one."

OverWilliam
2008-07-30, 04:43 PM
Hissori relents his sixth-sense examination and frowns. He meets Haruki's look with one that warns to be cautious, but says nothing else.

AlterForm
2008-07-30, 10:59 PM
You gonna head in? There's a bit of space between you guys and the auras Hissori picked up, so you're not walking directly into enemies.

Collin152
2008-07-30, 11:38 PM
We head in. Or at least Haruki does.
Towards the door.
OOC: Needing your Medical Ninja to take the initiative and move in first... tsk tsk tsk.

AlterForm
2008-07-30, 11:59 PM
Map
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/77851/Shounen2.pngHaruki = Kanji
Hissori = Kunai
Oda = Stick Ninja

As Haruki (and the others) enter the room, they spot a pair of guards half-asleep on what might be described as Watch Duty. They snap out of it quickly enough.

Hissori and Oda may place themselves within 1 square of Haruki.

Initiative from everyone please. Battle will begin tomorrow. :smallbiggrin:
[roll0]

Carinthium
2008-07-31, 12:15 AM
I'll be to Haruki's right.

OverWilliam
2008-07-31, 08:12 AM
Guess that puts me on J7.

Init: 1d10+8

Collin152
2008-07-31, 04:08 PM
Initiative powers, activate!
[roll0]

Carinthium
2008-07-31, 07:33 PM
1d10 (7) + 3 = 10

AlterForm
2008-07-31, 09:12 PM
MAP
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/77851/Copy%20of%20Shounen3.png

Sorry about the shifting grid, but I think I have a setup that works well now.

The guards scramble to get up, but Haruki beats them to the punch. A few moments later, and Hissori and Oda have joined the battle.

OverWilliam, I'm rerolling your initiative so we can get going.
[roll0]

Initiative Order:
Haruki
Enemy Ninja
Hissori
Oda

Collin152
2008-07-31, 10:57 PM
Aight.

With uncanny speed, Haruki rushes towards his waking foe.

Move to M11

Drawing a kunai, he throws it towards the nearest enemy.
You should have stayed asleep.

Technique, Kunai.
I don't know his evasion, so I'll let you work sort that out.
Accuracy Check:[roll0]

AlterForm
2008-07-31, 11:18 PM
Haruki's kunai sails straight into the chest of the enemy nin, quickly taking him out of the battle.

The other nin, however, forms a rapid series of hand-signs, terminating in a forceful move that projects his arms in front of him. A pale, purplish cloud of what is obviously chakra incarnate forms in front of the guard.

The doors to the north also burst open, releasing a trio of other ninja. They quickly file out and spread, while the sound of clone formation can be heard from the rooms they just exited.

Evasion on these guys is 3.
Evasion on the Chakra Cloud is 3.
[roll0] Anyone remember seeing a rule about ties? For now, tie goes to higher mod.

Updated Map (I'll try to update it as often as possible, definitely once per round)
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/77851/ShounenBattleCurrent.jpg

OverWilliam
2008-08-01, 08:01 AM
Hissori was taken by surprise at all of the new arrivals, but recovered quickly and snatched a kunai from his leg holster. He lept forward, moving faster than would be possible for someone without his training, and only stopped long enough for one foot to touch the ground before he threw his momentum to the side, and barely even slowing down, slashed his way across two enemies at once...

Swift Step to Q9, spend 10 EN

Technique: Kunai Dash, spend 40 EN

Enemy P9:
Attack: [roll0]
Evade: [roll1]

Enemy M9:
Attack: [roll2]
Evade: [roll3]

P9 takes 380 damage, M9 takes 360 damage

End position: K10

HP: 900/(900); EN: 100/(150)

AlterForm
2008-08-02, 05:11 PM
As the enemy ninja took up positions to the group's north, Oda made a sharp turn and managed to slam one against the wall with a well placed punch.

Just so we keep moving, I'm going to do Oda's turn for him. Auto-attacking nearest enemy without putting the self in danger. Same will be given to Hissori or Haruki if they miss their initiative call by a couple days.

Oda's Actions
Move to S10
Attack Ninja at T9 with Standard Punch (110/120 EN)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ninja at T9 drops. Oda is now at S10. Map will be updated at the end of the enemie's turns.

End Round 1: Hissori, and Enemies gain +1 will; Oda gains +2 will

Collin152
2008-08-02, 06:20 PM
Alarmed by the sudden influx of enemies, and confused by the mysterious technique of the other door guard, Haruki puts his analytical skills to work, tryign to discern a weakness in the ninjas movements, and the movements of the chakra construct he has formed.
Using a fast action to Discern Weakness on the Ninja at K7.
My intuition roll: [roll0]

Move to K10, use Kunai technique.
Assuming the roll is insuficient:
Accuracy:[roll1]
Evasion:[roll2]

Haruki runs to the side, hoping to snake a Kunai in succsesfully past the huge mass of Chakra.

Carinthium
2008-08-02, 06:29 PM
I have the Determinator skill, so I gain +2 will.

AlterForm
2008-08-02, 08:07 PM
[roll0] No flaws discerned by Haruki.

AlterForm
2008-08-02, 08:48 PM
Noticing Haruki reaching for a kunai, the ninja flips the chair he was just sitting in into the air, blocking the tossed knife.

He and the cloud of chakra move in to attack the intruders, with their friends (and their clones) following close behind. The closest ones unleash a flurry of taijutsu on our heroes.

K8 moves to K9; attacks Haruki. (250 damage before DEF)
[roll0] [MISS]
[roll1]

Chakra Cloud moves to K10; 2 attacks on Haruki, 2 on Hissori, in order. (360 each hit)
[roll2] [HIT]
[roll3]

[roll4] [HIT]
[roll5]

[roll6] [HIT]
[roll7]

[roll8] [HIT]
[roll9]

Other ninja move into position; each pair is a pair of ninja+clone. L8/M8 is one pair.

Updated Map
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/77851/ShounenBattleCurrent2.jpg

Collin152
2008-08-02, 09:09 PM
OOC:I'm hoping those Chakra Cloud hits are affected by Resistance, yes?
If so, I took 520 damage.
If Defense, 580.
If neither... I'm down with that.
720 damage.

AlterForm
2008-08-02, 09:15 PM
Yeah, it's gonna be resistance.

OverWilliam
2008-08-04, 09:05 AM
Hissori frowned. This was not right. These were no petty thieves, like they had been told they were being sent to fight, these men were using ninjutsu. They weren't trained to fight other ninja yet, they were barely Genin. Something was very wrong here.

Hissori readied his weapon and launched into another charging attack, relying on speed and evasion to slip through their lines and slice at avaliable weak spots along the way. However, a nagging doubt tugged at the back of his mind. This was all wrong...

Starting position: L9

Technique: Kunai Dash, spend 40 EN

Enemy K8:
Attack: [roll0]
Evade: [roll1]

Enemy L8:
Attack: [roll2]
Evade: [roll3]

Enemy M8:
Attack: [roll4]
Evade: [roll5]

First and third enemies take 360 damage

End position: L7

HP: 360/(900); EN: 60/(150)

AlterForm
2008-08-04, 11:53 AM
I want us to try something that might speed this up.

Post your actions when you can, with conditionals if necessary. ie "Attack him, or move then attack him if he retreats." Add any rolls you think you may or may not need.

Once everyone gets their actions in, I'll resolve the round. Don't worry too much if your actions get invalidated, you can redo/change your actions until you're satisfied (just don't abuse the option, and causality must be maintained, ie no reacting to stuff that happens after you).

Carinthium
2008-08-04, 04:42 PM
Oda heads for the north wall, and decides to attack the Ninja there with Tactical Slice. (Roll Total: 10)

Collin152
2008-08-05, 03:54 PM
(So... does that mean I'm supposed to go, or wait for the end-of-turn recap?)

AlterForm
2008-08-05, 07:32 PM
Yeah, if I'm late getting up the round summary, just go ahead without me. I'll have this one's up in a bit.

Round Recap

Of the trio of ninja Hissori sliced through, 1(K8) was a ninja, 1(L8) he missed, and 1(M8) was actually a clone.

Oda took out another clone.

Updated Map (Will now come at this point every round)
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/77851/ShounenBattleCurrent3.jpg

Will: Hissori, Enemies at 2; Oda at 4; Haruki at 1

Round Marker For My Reference

AlterForm
2008-08-05, 07:41 PM
Needed a new post for a roll.
[roll0]

Don't forget to roll the enemy's evasion with your attack, Carinthium, just so we can save some time.

Also, which way are you referring to when you say north? Here in the US (last I checked) North = Up on a map. For now, I'm assuming you moved to T9, and attacked the ninja next to you. He poofs; another clone.

Carinthium
2008-08-06, 02:45 AM
Can my character talk in other people's rounds? Talking is supposed to be a free action.

AlterForm
2008-08-06, 09:47 AM
Yeah, talk as much as you want. The time-space continuum tends to slow down a bit for characters to speak during battles and such. :smallwink:

Carinthium
2008-08-06, 04:36 PM
"Enemy ninjas!" cried Oda. "Surrender now and you shall be spared!"

Collin152
2008-08-06, 10:08 PM
Technique
Wind Step to M6, attacking the Ninja in L8.
Accuracy:[roll0]

Cost me 10 EN.

Frustrated with his shoddy aim in throwing, Haruki dashes past his enemy, slashing at him with his Kunai as he runs by.

Collin152
2008-08-06, 10:13 PM
Forgot the Evasion roll:

[roll0]

OverWilliam
2008-08-07, 07:10 AM
I'd like to know whether or not that attack killed the dude before I waste a round on him as well. :smallsmile:

AlterForm
2008-08-07, 10:09 AM
Haruki's swift movements drop yet another enemy, but the rest aren't done yet.

The chakra cloud moves to cut off Haruki and Hissori, while the remaining ninja move to seperate Oda from the others.

Yep, the ninja in L8 drops.

Chakra Cloud moves its center to M7, reorganizes its parts to L8, N6, and N7. 1 attack on Haruki, 1 on Hissori. (I'm starting to think swarms might be too powerful. Opinions?) It also uses a pair of boost cores on itself, hardening and granting DEF +20.

[roll0] (360 DMG, reduced by resistance)
[roll1]

[roll2] (360 DMG, reduced by resistance)
[roll3]

The O8/O9 pair move to R8/R9, and the one at R9 moves to S10 and attacks Oda.
[roll4] (250 DMG, reduced by defense)
[roll5]

OverWilliam
2008-08-08, 09:42 AM
Hissori grimaced in pain, but shook it off. He changed positions quickly, closing the distance between himself and the next enemy, and launched a barrage of Kunai at him from a distance...

Move to O6

Technique: Kunai Rain, spend 20 EN

Attack:
Evade: [roll]1d10+3

Damage is 320 if hit

HP: 90/(900); EN: 40/(150)

OverWilliam
2008-08-08, 09:45 AM
Re-roll Evasion from last post:

[roll0]

Carinthium
2008-08-10, 04:44 AM
Oda smiled, eying his foe. (Note: The one on S10) Feigning a weakness, he let his foe strike into it, then dodged and sliced him from behind with a Tactical Slice.

Oda's Roll: 6
Enemy Roll: 6

AlterForm
2008-08-10, 10:21 AM
I assumed Hissori attacked the enemy in R8.

Updated Map
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/77851/ShounenBattleCurrent4.jpg

Round Marker

OverWilliam
2008-08-10, 03:56 PM
I'm the one that moved to O6 (that's the Kunai). :smallwink:

AlterForm
2008-08-10, 06:36 PM
Fixed. :smallwink:

Carinthium
2008-08-10, 06:52 PM
Also, what I listed was the base roll, without bonuses. Tactical Slice has +2 to Accuracy, and I have an Agility of 3. The ninja may also have some Agility.

AlterForm
2008-08-10, 07:04 PM
Yep, still a hit. Also, Carinthium, any reason you aren't using the forum roller? The first page of This Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65401) has some good info on the syntax, and it's a great place to test rolling and whatnot.

AlterForm
2008-08-12, 11:02 AM
Haruki pulled a kunai from his pouch, and stabbed it deep into the mass of chakra before him.

Taking Haruki's turn so we can keep moving. Kunai attack on the Cloud.

[roll0] (360 Precision damage)
[roll1]

Need to resolve this turn before the enemies go.

Analysis Note: The HP seems awfully high on Swarms...

My Eyes Only Swarm is at 2540/2800

AlterForm
2008-08-12, 11:14 AM
The Cloud closes itself around Haruki, while the last pair of enemy ninja gang up on Oda.

2 attacks from the cloud on Haruki, 2 on Hissori. The ninja move to S9 and S10, then attack Oda.

Haruki 1
[roll0] (360 Spirit Damage)
[roll1]

Haruki 2
[roll2] (360 Spirit Damage)
[roll3] Attack Missed

Hissori 1
[roll4] (360 Spirit Damage)
[roll5]

Hissori 2
[roll6] (360 Spirit Damage)
[roll7]

Ninja S9
[roll8] (250 Physical Damage)
[roll9]

Ninja S10
[roll10] (250 Physical Damage)
[roll11]

OverWilliam
2008-08-12, 11:31 AM
I call no fair. You never said that cloud was a separate target that we had to attack to make it go away. :smallannoyed:

I'm down.

AlterForm
2008-08-12, 11:45 AM
I'm thinking swarms are definitely too powerful at this point. Let's see how the other two do, though.

Collin152
2008-08-12, 06:23 PM
If that Chakra cloud was anything like the Mysterious Peacock technique, it should have faded away with its creator, and the creator should have been immobilized.
Just sayin'.

AlterForm
2008-08-12, 07:15 PM
If that Chakra cloud was anything like the Mysterious Peacock technique, it should have faded away with its creator, and the creator should have been immobilized.
Just sayin'.

:smallsigh: Yeah, 'twas a mistake to flavor it that way.

Hissori's definitely coming back, free of charge, unless you want to do it another way. I'm also going to cut back the adventure a bit to keep us moving and avoid redundant encounters. After this, I'll put together a L5 adventure, so if you have time go ahead and advance your characters to level 5.

OverWilliam
2008-08-12, 08:41 PM
Well considering Naruto characters' (and anime characters in general) ability to not remember being close to death so long as it's more than a few episodes ago, let's just say that I'm knocked unconscious and I'll wake up in a minute (after battle). :smallbiggrin:

Carinthium
2008-08-13, 01:03 AM
Oda focused his anger, eyeing the nearest enemy.

"You got the guts to take me one on one?"

(Challenge)

AlterForm
2008-08-13, 06:31 PM
Oda focused his anger, eyeing the nearest enemy.

"You got the guts to take me one on one?"

(Challenge)

"You want it kid? Arright, come'n get it!"

Flashing his smile and the kunai from his pocket, the ninja focuses his attention upon Oda, to the exclusion of everything else on the battlefield.

Ninja in S10 accepts Oda's challenge.

Updated Map
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/77851/ShounenBattleCurrent6.jpg

Will: Does anyone have abilities that key off of tracking will? If you do I'll calc where everyone's at, but otherwise I don't see much point.

Round Marker

Collin152
2008-08-13, 07:59 PM
Darting away from the cloud of Chakra, Haruki rushes towards Oda to solicit his aid with the other shinobi.

Move to R7.
Use Kunai on Ninja in R9.
Accuracy: [roll0]
Evasion: [roll1]

Carinthium
2008-08-14, 01:46 AM
Oda has Determinator, giving him +2 will per turn instead of +1.

Challenge takes up Oda's turn, but he and his opponent gain +2 willpower (though they have to keep fighting each other only- if the challenge is "broken", whoever broke it loses 4 willpower plus the +2 from the challenge)

So, technically, I believe the enemy ninja gets to attack.

AlterForm
2008-08-14, 01:27 PM
The enemies keep fighting...

R9 moves to R8, and attacks Haruki. S10 attacks Oda. The cloud moves its center to P9, its pieces to Q7/O7/O8, attacking Haruki once and beefing itself up again.

Against Haruki
[roll0] (250 physical)
[roll1]

Cloud Against Haruki
[roll2] (360 spiritual)
[roll3]

Against Oda
[roll4] (250 physical)
[roll5]

Carinthium
2008-08-14, 04:29 PM
(Note: Oda's only been hit twice, right? Also, my Agility is 3. What caused the penalty)

Oda looked at his foe. He was actually slightly amused- this guy though he could take him on.

He moved his leg around to strike his foe in the back...

AlterForm
2008-08-17, 12:25 PM
(Note: Oda's only been hit twice, right? Also, my Agility is 3. What caused the penalty)

Oda looked at his foe. He was actually slightly amused- this guy though he could take him on.

He moved his leg around to strike his foe in the back...

Not sure what happened here...I'm guessing something came up and you just didn't get around to finishing your post? Also, I just took your Evade straight off the sheet I have in the first post; might just be a slight math error.

Oda attacks the ninja he challenged with a back kick.
[roll0] (340 Physical)
[roll1]

ZebulonCrispi
2008-08-17, 02:47 PM
Sorry if I'm butting in or anything. I'm one of the creators of the system, so I'm watching this pretty closely.

Regarding swarms, I think we're probably going to straight-up axe them next release. They don't really do anything that Minions/Lesser Minions don't, thematically.

AlterForm
2008-08-18, 08:09 PM
Collin, go ahead and take your turn if you want. I misplaced (somehow) the files I was using for the map. :smallannoyed:

However, since you guys still have to chew through 2600+ HP on a monster that won't exist in the next revision anyways, I think we should just skip ahead. Any objections?

Carinthium
2008-08-19, 02:00 AM
I think we should do the fight- see if we can handle it.

OverWilliam
2008-08-19, 07:54 AM
You can't. :smallamused:

Collin152
2008-08-19, 07:49 PM
Gunna have to agree.
One more shot and I'm down for the count.
I say we've botched this combat, let;s move on.
Possibly with the updated system.

Carinthium
2008-08-20, 03:51 AM
O.K. Didn't realise.

AlterForm
2008-08-21, 07:31 AM
Sorry I'm taking so long to move us along again; school's just started up and I'm still trying to get back into the groove. I'll definitely be able to get us going once the weekend hits, so hang tight until then at least.

Carinthium
2008-08-23, 04:56 PM
Is this ready to move yet?

AlterForm
2008-08-24, 10:03 PM
Is this ready to move yet?

Tada...

After a short hallway, you burst into a large meeting that looks like it could easily hold a couple dozen people.

However, at the moment, there are only 3.

Hookay, initiative please.

[roll0]

MAP

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/77851/ShounenCurrent1.jpg

Rearrange yourselves within a square of the door if you'd like.

All enemies have an EVA of 3.

Sorry about taking so long to get this up.

Carinthium
2008-08-25, 12:59 AM
Initiative: 1 + 3 (4)

Oda stands at the door, in contempt of his enemies.

OverWilliam
2008-08-25, 08:10 AM
Initiative:

[roll0]

AlterForm
2008-08-26, 05:33 PM
Haruki initiative - [roll0]

AlterForm
2008-08-26, 05:34 PM
Initiative Order:
Haruki
Hissori
Enemies
Oda

Gonna give Collin another 12 hours to respond to the PM I sent him...

AlterForm
2008-08-27, 07:27 AM
Haruki springs into action, pegging the far right ninja with a well-placed kunai.

Haruki moves to G5, then uses Kunai against the ninja at D9.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Carinthium
2008-08-28, 04:24 PM
I'm still interested, but this seems practically dead.

AlterForm
2008-08-28, 04:47 PM
I'm still interested, but this seems practically dead.

*sigh*

Yeah. I'm thinking this just won't work over PbP.

However, we could try doing it over a Virtual Tabletop (I have the maps all set up already in MapTool, we'd just have to set up properties and/or macros.)

Judging by the speed of combat, we could probably playtest a couple encounters in a few hours at most, once we (ie, no offense, you guys) get past the learning curve of adjusting to a VTT.

AlterForm
2008-08-30, 10:17 AM
*bump*

Reposted to OOC Thread.