PDA

View Full Version : Please help me Homebrew a Half-Dragon template for 4e

Conners
2008-07-28, 11:40 AM
I was about to convert my Half-Dragon-Human (Fighter) cohort to 4e, but then I realized there isn't a race or template for such.... I looked through the DMG's templates and didn't see it.

Any ideas on how to do a 4e half-dragon?

mikeejimbo
2008-07-28, 11:42 AM
Play a dragonborn. Call it a half-dragon. You're done. :smallbiggrin:

Also, this should go in the homebrew section.

Zocelot
2008-07-28, 02:27 PM
WotC noticed that everybody wanted to play a half dragon, because they looked cool. So, in 4e, they added a watered down version of it, and called it the Dragonborn.

Conners
2008-07-28, 06:35 PM
... Using Dragonborn doesn't really work out (and it isn't a half-dragon, it's just a dragon-wannabe lizardfolk :smalltongue:). Still, I might be able to use the Dragonborn crunch but fluff it as a half-dragon. Wish I could just get the half-dragon template, though...

Mewtarthio
2008-07-28, 06:46 PM
Downside: Templates always transform ordinary creatures into elites, and elites into solos. Odds are, your cohort can't take on two level-appropriate monsters at once.

SadisticFishing
2008-07-28, 07:52 PM
... Using Dragonborn doesn't really work out (and it isn't a half-dragon, it's just a dragon-wannabe lizardfolk :smalltongue:). Still, I might be able to use the Dragonborn crunch but fluff it as a half-dragon. Wish I could just get the half-dragon template, though...

This is exactly what he meant, I'm sure.

+2 str, +2 cha, breath weapon... sounds like a 4e half dragon to me!