PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Flame Warrior are you?

Zeta Kai
2008-07-28, 01:44 PM
So, what kind of Flame Warrior (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm) are you? Be honest; this is a way to show your fellow forum members who you are behind the avatar. In the interest of completeness, I'm breaking things down into 3 categories: who I am now, who I've been in the past, & who I aspire to be.

Who I Am Now:

Diplomat
Eagle Scout
Evil Clown
Jekyll & Hyde
Necromancer
Philosopher

Who I've Once Been:

Android
Duelist
Ego
Idealogue
Lurker
Therapist
Tireless Rebuffer
Weenie
Yuk Yuk

Who I Aspire To Be:

Ent
Kung Fu Master
Royal

So, who are you, really?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-28, 01:46 PM
Interesting, I´l take this quiz.
Edit or post result later.

Oh, is no quiz.:smallfrown:

BizzaroStormy
2008-07-28, 01:51 PM
Eh, not in to all that psycho mumbo jumbo.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-28, 01:59 PM
If I would have to pick, I´m most likely to be the philosopher.... After that Eagle scout maybe.... But this isn´t my thing....

Maybe a combination of Kung Fu master, Artfull dodger, Loopy, Philosopher and Eagle Scout.... And now that I read it, Ent too.

Player_Zero
2008-07-28, 02:01 PM
I reckon I'm an Evil Clown... A Jekyll and Hyde... A Lonely Guy... Bong... Wow, there are a lot of these things, huh? ...

Reckon I've been a Lurker and that's about it. I don't really care what I am going to be, because the internet isn't serious business.

Morty
2008-07-28, 02:01 PM
What I am now:
Jekyl and Hyde (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/jekylhyde.htm)

That's preety much the only thing I'm sure about, as it's kind of hard to choose stuff like this unbiased.

Silence
2008-07-28, 02:03 PM
What I am:
Artful dodger
Big cat
Big dog (at times)
Duelist (with one member)
Filibuster
Godfather (to a small, yet growing, extent)
Jekyll and Hyde
Kung-Fu Warrior
Picador
Rebel Leader
Royal (to a small extent)

What I was:
Me-too
Diplomat
Ennui
Evil Clown
Grammarian
Tireless Rebutter

What I want to be:
Admin
Godfather
Royal
Rebel Leader

Most of the stuff like godfather, royal, rebel leader doesn't apply to this forum; but does so to other ones.

Devin
2008-07-28, 02:16 PM
The organ harvesters were Howlers.

randman22222
2008-07-28, 02:51 PM
What I am:

Kung Fu Master
Grunter (Occaisionally)
Loopy (Ever so slightly)
Ethnix
Big Cat... Surprisingly enough.

I show slight tendencies towards:
Duelist
Picador

I was:
Net Rat (Maybe still am. :smalltongue:)

Centurions make me laugh so much, by the way.

Pyro
2008-07-28, 03:14 PM
Speaking of flaming, a couple months ago my english class read an article on internet etiquette...from the late 90s. Besides being hilariously archaic, it included a section about flaming. It said something like "if you feel the need to rant, begin and end with *FLAME ON/OFF* tags so others know that you are not speaking from an a calm state of mind."

Silence
2008-07-28, 04:42 PM
Wow. We have wonders like.

This.

And, this.

These also help with the mood.

Or, use the wonders of CAPS LOCK!

Sneak
2008-07-28, 05:23 PM
Royal.

Just kidding. I'm just a soft and fuzzy Big Cat.

10:51
2008-07-28, 05:26 PM
I'm not sure what this is...but can I just have fire breath? A title with flame warrior is just too tempting. You need add fire-breath to that list.

Silence
2008-07-28, 05:29 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flame+war

Learn yourself a word.

Sneak
2008-07-28, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure what this is...but can I just have fire breath? A title with flame warrior is just too tempting. You need add fire-breath to that list.

Wait, er...what? Did you just decided to post and not read the thread or look at the link at all?

Does this make no sense to anyone else, or am I missing something here?

Silence
2008-07-28, 05:34 PM
Wait, er...what? Did you just decided to post and not read the thread or look at the link at all?

Does this make no sense to anyone else, or am I missing something here?

It doesn't make sense. Welcome to the internet.

Renegade Paladin
2008-07-28, 05:41 PM
This works a lot better when people pick for each other rather than themselves. It also works better when there are flamewars to draw on to do the actual rating. :smalltongue:

Silence
2008-07-28, 05:43 PM
Unfortunately, the mods and admin here have a deathgrip on any flaming.

A guy I know got 100 infraction points for calling someone "dense".

Yea, so it's not gonna happen.

Renegade Paladin
2008-07-28, 05:46 PM

I'm well aware. I'm of the opinion that dense people should be informed of their density so they'll stop being so dense, (if no one ever tells them, how will they know?) but my opinion doesn't matter for anything, not on this forum anyway.

Spiryt
2008-07-28, 05:47 PM

Well, urban dictionary tells me that "dense" means stupid, so I think that's obvious. Although 100 points...

Tengu_temp
2008-07-28, 05:48 PM
Ah, Flame Warriors. Classic. Amusing and very true. I'll post which one I am later, as well as some people I know - I must refresh my memory of the types.

Silence
2008-07-28, 05:49 PM
I'm well aware. I'm of the opinion that dense people should be informed of their density so they'll stop being so dense, (if no one ever tells them, how will they know?) but my opinion doesn't matter for anything, not on this forum anyway.

Well, your opinion are irrelevant. I personally don't agree with the restrictions set on flaming, and prefer forums where mods, I quote exactly, say:

Tangal, shut the hell up you miserable sack of puss.

Yea. Win.

Moff Chumley
2008-07-28, 06:55 PM
What I am:
Godfather (to a small, yet growing, extent)
Kung-Fu Warrior
Rebel Leader
Royal (to a small extent)

Methinks Ego is missing from the list somewhere? You've been on here for a few months, unless I forget when April 2008 was, again. :smalltongue:
Which brings us to:
Diplomat
Evil Clown (You know it because I use :smalltongue: a lot.)
Therapist
Big Cat
Issues
Artful Dodger
Philosopher
Ideologue
Grunter (ftw)

Moff Chumley
2008-07-28, 06:58 PM
Well, your opinion are irrelevant. I personally don't agree with the restrictions set on flaming, and prefer forums where mods, I quote exactly, say:

Yea. Win.

Okay, I want to know what forum that's from NAO.

Lyesmith
2008-07-28, 07:04 PM
What's that one that is prone to like, bringing up Cats and Scones mid battle? I'd probably be one of those.

Cubey
2008-07-28, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I don't really think anyone has the right to call themselves Kung-Fu Master, Big Dog, Godfather, Royals or any other powerful Flame Warrior types. Others should call you that instead.

What is me? Jekyl and Hyde... sometimes, and it's more like Jekyl and Nitpick Jerk. With a portion of Fanboy thrown into the mix for good measure. I used to be an Archivist on another forum, but there's too much material for me to do that here.

It's rather hard to point out types of Flame Warriors on forums without much flaming. It's better that way.

Moff Chumley
2008-07-28, 07:14 PM
Right... that one...
Bliss Ninny? (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/blissninny.htm)

What is me? Jekyl and Hyde... sometimes, and it's more like Jekyl and Nitpick Jerk. With a portion of Fanboy thrown into the mix for good measure. I used to be an Archivist on another forum, but there's too much material for me to do that here.

Aka someone with a Haruhi banner? :smalltongue:

(Ninja'd. :smallannoyed:)

Lyesmith
2008-07-28, 07:15 PM
Yes! Lovely, thanks. And the cat one, too. But only in that I'm like, flighty. And like to do stuff that is fun. The crushing and toying is not so much my thing.

Cyrano
2008-07-28, 07:21 PM
What I am: Far too lazy to read all of this again. Is there an option for wanna-be-bitterly-sarcastic fellow who plays off all his faults by saying "No, I was mocking you guys"? Cuz if there is, that's probably me. As for what I aspire to be, I aspire to be the guy who is so incredibly respected that anything he says instantly becomes gold in the ears of his many disciples, even though he isn't actually that clever. If I recall correctly, that's an Ent.

Moff Chumley
2008-07-28, 07:25 PM
What I am: Far too lazy to read all of this again. Is there an option for wanna-be-bitterly-sarcastic fellow who plays off all his faults by saying "No, I was mocking you guys"? Cuz if there is, that's probably me. As for what I aspire to be, I aspire to be the guy who is so incredibly respected that anything he says instantly becomes gold in the ears of his many disciples, even though he isn't actually that clever. If I recall correctly, that's an Ent.

Um, I think we should make a new one for D'anna. I vote we call it 'The Beloved Cynic', and we can lump you together with Solo.

Zeta Kai
2008-07-28, 07:31 PM
What's that one that is prone to like, bringing up Cats and Scones mid battle? I'd probably be one of those.

That would be Bliss Ninny or Loopy, depending on the intent behind it.

As for why I chose to talk about Flame Warriors on a non-flaming forum, well, it's safe here. We can talk about flaming here in an abstract, detached manner without devolving into flamers ourselves. Besides, this is my favorite forum. :smallbiggrin:

And yes, Cubey, some titles are probably inappropriate for self-appellation. I aspire to Ent, Kung-Fu Master, & Royal. I know I am not any of those yet. Those that do are most likely either Egos, Impostors, delusional, naïve, the Vorpal Tribble (& other of his stature).

Silence
2008-07-28, 07:53 PM
Okay, I want to know what forum that's from NAO.

http://forums.deletionquality.net/

thubby
2008-07-28, 08:11 PM
eagle scout, philosopher maybe. absolute picador.
why fight you when i can give you a limp and let the big dogs get you?

Silence
2008-07-28, 08:16 PM
eagle scout, philosopher maybe. absolute picador.
why fight you when i can give you a limp and let the big dogs get you?

Do you want me to list the reasons or just give the best one?

Sucrose
2008-07-28, 08:16 PM
What I am
Lurker

What I once was
Android
Fanboy
Tireless Rebutter

What I aspire to be
Big Cat
Eagle Scout

Silence
2008-07-28, 08:17 PM
Eagle Scout

Really? I'm surprised.

Sucrose
2008-07-28, 08:26 PM
Really? I'm surprised.

It takes dedication to the force of good to be that sort of flame warrior, and at the moment, I lack the drive to accomplish it.

Roland St. Jude
2008-07-28, 08:45 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: I hate to be a Nanny about this but:

1. Yes, we do have flaming in a deathgrip here - quite by design.
2. No, assigning these to each other - particularly the negative ones - would not be allowed here.
3. Whatever your opinion of our Forum Rules, we don't allow much discussion about them, especially not in the middle of other threads. If you don't like the Forum Rules, please contact WampaX. (If you object to a specific instance of moderation, please contact the moderator who took the action, and if you have a question about the Forum Rules, please ask it in Board Issues.)

I am, I think, most places either a Lurker or an Ent. I can recall a time, long ago, when I was an Eagle Scout in a least a few places.

Zeta Kai
2008-07-28, 09:51 PM

I have no qualms with the forum rules; quite the contrary, in fact. Even though I have inadvertently violated them on occasion, & been dinged for it, I respect the forum rules & their intended effects. This thread is designed to allow us to characterize ourselves in the Flame Warrior terms, even though no flaming (should) occur(s) here.

Also, flaming occurs on many (dare I say most) other forums. Although I'm sure just about everyone would benefit from it's absence, it is a sad fact of internet life, and I know many members here are veteran warriors from other forums. Some warrior titles do apply here, even without flaming.

Lastly, for the record, you may be an Ent, Roland, but you are still an Eagle Scout (as long as I'm not a Sycophant).

Roland St. Jude
2008-07-28, 10:00 PM
Agreed. And for the record, as long as there's no insulting others with these Flame Warrior terms, I'm all for further discussion of them. They're incredibly amusing and occasionally very insightful. :smallsmile:

Pyro
2008-07-28, 10:11 PM
Wow. We have wonders like...

Did you read that article too because it also covered over-embellishing posts with italics and such because not everyone had the same typesets or something.

Renegade Paladin
2008-07-28, 10:22 PM
Anyway, down to business. I've been labeled Philosopher myself on other boards when this came up and people started categorizing each other, though I'd never have the hubris to just come out and claim it for myself. :smalltongue:

For my own part, I can objectively claim Admin on two other boards, Nanny on a third (though I don't do much nannying :smalltongue:), Grammarian on occasion, and Big Cat always.

Renegade Paladin
2008-07-30, 09:51 PM
I am become Death, destroyer of threads? :smalltongue: