PDA

View Full Version : Where Dark Elves Rule (An all Monk party 1)

kentma57
2008-07-29, 11:58 AM
You arrive at a home from your past; you still remember every corner of the old monestary. Your follow a farmiliar path to the meeting room. At the door a monk tells you to wait inside and that instructions will be give when all the guests arrive. The small room opens to a balcony over looking the courtyard, below you young monks train with their masters, along the walls are six chairs well worn and waiting for you.

(The order you post is the order you enter the room, the fist person to enter the room will find it empty)

Capn Stache
2008-07-29, 12:15 PM
Shi Eila enters the room, breaths a sigh of relief. She takes a looks over the balcony and lets the memories of training flood back. "Who will show up?" she says out loud as she removes her mask and sits in the chair closest to the balcony.

playswithfire
2008-07-29, 12:58 PM
Corsov

Seemingly lost in his recollections, Corsov walks straight through the room to the balcony, his sword clanking quietly in the scabbard on his back which seems to be made of a pair of interwoven chains; one black, the other a deep blue. Arriving at the balcony rail, he observes the practice for a moment and feels his hands begin to mimic the motions of those below by pure muscle memory. That realization brings him out of his reverie and he becomes aware of another presence in the room. Turning back to the chairs he barely noticed the first time, he sees the human. "Shi, is that you? It's good to see you again. I suppose they told you what they told me: more details once the others arrive?"

Ascension
2008-07-29, 02:41 PM
A ghostly figure, slightly translucent, glides through the walls of the room and drifts silently out onto the balcony. Somewhat disturbingly, his eyes are pure red, but his other features appear fully human.

"Something greatly troublesome must be brewing," he says softly, "They would not have summoned us all here to respond to a minor issue. I fear the worst."

"THOSE WHO WALK THE PATH OF THE JUST HAVE NAUGHT TO FEAR," his gauntlets, The Thundering Fists, rumble.

boomwolf
2008-07-29, 03:14 PM
Haradim

A pale man enters the room and takes a good look at the people in it, this odd man with ragged robes of another monestary might have been seen before, but none know him, for some reason it was forbidden to approach him, and he never approached anyone "Quite a noisy bunch we've got here. bet you guys are as useless as you look." oddly enough, he walks next to all and smells them.
He walks away and leans on the wall, looking at all with great suspicion and notes "Don't know about you, but something went horridly wrong if the master decided to let a bunch of worthless mortals as yourself go around me. ho and let us not forget the dead guy. I'm sure he will do much in combat."
He has an evil smile when he says that, and his intention to kill all who are in the room can be felt easily, as if he wants them to know that he will agree to eliminate them all, and will probably enjoy it.
He walks to the balcony and looks at the young ones at the courtyard saying "These fools, work so hard to keep concentration without knowing there are better ways to get stronger, and they don't require to pay the price of your freedom, or to give up your desires.", for some reason he licks his fingertips during the last few words, looking like someone who jest in a feast.

Ascension
2008-07-29, 03:24 PM
"WE'VE JUST MET YOU, AND ALREADY WE DON'T LIKE YOU," The Fists thunder.

"Let me apologize for my gauntlets," Shango says gently, bowing slightly towards the newcomer, "While they are fully devoted to our just and noble cause, I fear they sometimes lack the proper tact to deal with people politely. Let me also assure you that your assessment is correct. I will indeed endeavor to do much in combat, and I expect that I shall succeed."

playswithfire
2008-07-29, 03:36 PM
Corsov

As shall we all succeed, if combat becomes necessary. While saying this, Corsov had raised his hand as if to pat the ghost on the back but stops himself just before doing so, realizing the foolishness of that action. Turning then to pale man, As for the rest of us being worthless, I think I will trust the masters' assessment of both our talents and the situation over yours for the time being.

boomwolf
2008-07-29, 03:43 PM
Haradim

"Your weapon...talks..." says the pale man with a face of complete shock. "In any case, it seems that you have no understanding of sarcasm. and it only proves my point of you being useless."
He points down on the younger studends saying "If I am allowed to offer them my power, how many do you think will agree, half? more? maybe even all. but you? nobody will have any desire to be like you. you a mere leftover of live, a reminder of what no longer exist. your weapons has more of a life then you."

he inspects the gauntlets and says "As much as I should have seen this one coming, the gloves seems to be smarter then you. and probably stronger. don't worry, when you die I'll make sure these will get a more worthy owner. won't be hard to find one. but don't worry, I won't steal them, or should I say kidnap? anyway, I am quite happy with MY gauntlets, even that they cannot speak they served me loyally from the day I was born."

Capn Stache
2008-07-29, 04:11 PM
Shi Eila watches each member enter the room in turn, sitting as silently as she can, wondering how soon she will be noticed. Corsov, my old friend, I could never hide from you long. How have you been these long years? You look healthy enough! And, yes, sadly I have no answers as to our summons. Time will show us the path, just as the Master taught us.

After Shango enters through the wall. Shango, you look a bit different. New robes? And that is a wonderful trick, care to teach us how you do that? And talking gauntlets! Must make traveling alone a bit more bearable eh?

Once Haradim enters and "announces" himself. You are not familiar to me. Why the Master saw fit to include you in these ordeals is a mystery to me. Your overconfident, unmannered, and you talk too much. I will obey His wishes, but I currently fail to see what use you will be to this monestary.

And I have found nothing but truth in the old teachings: 'Strength is learned through work and persistence.' Shortcuts, which you speak of, can only lead to weakening one's foundation.

Ascension
2008-07-29, 04:24 PM
"Sister Shi, I'm afraid our mannerless guest is right about one thing. I was able to enter through the wall because... well... I'm dead. I'm sorry to break it to you this way, I didn't realize they never told you about me. But I am no malevolent phantasm. The great St. Cuthbert has merely seen fit to return me to this world, where I may work more actively for the good of all than I might have done in the afterlife. Though sometimes I wonder what it would feel like to pass on, I abide by His judgment. It was He who bestowed upon me my constant companions, these Thundering Fists..."

"AND WE CAN ASSURE YOU, STRANGER," they interrupt, addressing the pale man, "THAT WE WILL SERVE NO OTHER. OUR GREAT AND TERRIBLE LORD CUTHBERT HATH DECREED THAT WILL SHALL SERVE THIS ONE, AND WE LIVE ONLY TO SERVE CUTHBERT'S WILL. ALSO, IF YOU WISH TO WAIT FOR THE DEAD TO DIE, YOU WILL BE WAITING FOR AN ETERNITY."

mangosta71
2008-07-29, 04:45 PM
A tall, heavily built, sun-darkened man strides into the room. He wears nothing but a loose pair of ragged breeches and a cloak. Even his feet are bare. He calmly looks around the room, his nose twitching. As his eyes pass over the pale man, his eyes narrow. I don't like the look of him. Or the smell. I am expected to travel with him? The Master tests my resolve.

He continues, briefly inspecting each of the others. An undead companion as well, though he does not seem to radiate the malevolence of others of his kind.

The young woman seems familiar. Perhaps our training coincided. Had my own not required so much of my time be spent in solitary meditation, perhaps I would remember her name.

I was unaware that any dwarves had trained here. Is he a mercenary? No, I cannot believe that the Master would have summoned any but acolytes here. Curious.

Loosely clasping his hands before him, he bows to the room. "My name is Shalan Benor. I offer greetings to each of you. I assume that you are all here for the same reason as I." He takes a seat on the floor, folding his legs to set his feet atop his knees.

boomwolf
2008-07-29, 05:10 PM
Haradim

"Yea, yea whatever. I don't like your weapon at all ghost, they talk too loud. as for you little human, calling me overconfident and unmannered is teasing luck, the reason you live is that I was told not to kill any member of the monastery."

He goes to Shi Eila, stands right next to her, and glares in her eyes saying "Trust me, if you ever receive this power you will be glad, but you are too old for this, only the young has this wonderful ability open to them." his mere gaze is filled with the desire to kill.

As benor enters the room hadarim looks with a shock, thinking to himself Having a ghost is bad enough, but another lycan? no hope to modify him. I wonder what breed he is? or maybe he is a minor infected. then he says "Well well, what do you know. I think I like this guy. don't take it personally ghost, I don't trust your kind. and the others are a midget and a close-minded woman, not my favorite choice of allies.
As for the gauntlets I actually did like them. but they seem to be annoyed from the mere fact I agree to find them a new master if the current shall be exterminated." he looks amused from all this.

The pale man finally decides to sit down and taunt the ones around him "I for one don't mind you don't like me, food does not need to approve his predator, nor his methods." The allows himself for an evil grin, and sit there, waiting to see if anyone takes the bait.

Ascension
2008-07-29, 05:28 PM
Shango and the gauntlets both respond badly to the pale man's threatening of Shi. They reply in unison "LEAVE the GIRL alone!"

When the malcontent sits, Shango flies quickly over to float in front of him.

"It is good for you that our masters desire your presence here, else I should find myself forced to eject you immediately for your unruly behavior."

"AND IT IS GOOD FOR YOU THAT WE HAVE BEEN ORDERED TO FOLLOW HIS WISHES, ELSE WE SHOULD EJECT YOU REGARDLESS OF HIS OR HIS MASTER'S OPINION."

boomwolf
2008-07-29, 05:40 PM
Haradim

"My my, getting all worked up on the fact I offer the girl a gift...what kind of a friend are you? as for the gloves I do not think their opinion matters." says the pale man, clearly taunting the spirit.

He lays down, staring at the air and says "You should calm your tunes, after all I DO take orders from the same person as you bunch of raging bulls. what kind of a monk are you anyway to give in to your emotions so quickly?" then he looks straight into the spirit's eyes, laughing in a maniac voice as he adds "You people are more like me that you are willing to admit, where is that discipline you talk about? you are quicker to temper then I do and I embrace my emotions.

You may consider this my lesson to you, sticks and stones may brake your bones but words can never harm you. so stop getting so warmed up from a few words, you disgrace the way of the monk."

Ascension
2008-07-29, 05:55 PM
"Monk or no," Shango replies, "a man is not fit to call himself a man if he is not stirred to righteous anger when a lady is threatened."

boomwolf
2008-07-29, 06:00 PM
"Pathetic, I outright tell you I have angered you on purpose and you still claimed that your wrath was righteous, you might as well leave this place if you cannot even see the fact I was teasing you." says the pale man, and he now seems upset. "But besides, the gift is something precious, I would never have given it to someone I don't even know. it is something to be shared only with your closest friends and your loved ones." then he gets up and back away "You make me sick, pretend to be something you are not, while you may be closer to be a righteous then myself, I at least do not pretend to be such, you fool none but yourself. I was right, you are jest like others of your kind, and cannot be trusted."

Ascension
2008-07-29, 06:12 PM
"I'm the first to admit my imperfections. I know I walk a dangerously thin grey line between the light and the darkness, yet I only embrace the darkness within myself in order to channel it towards the greater good. How do you use the darkness within your soul?"

boomwolf
2008-07-29, 06:28 PM
Haradim

The pale man lets a laugh out saying "What darkness? the death treats? these were empty, I had no intention to follow them. the rude behavior? that's because I don't trust any of you, not your personality, nor your skills...there is no darkness, jest difference."

He turns back to the group and says "Now, as for the reason I consider you all as worthless is simple, you have no sense of alarm what-so-ever. I come to this room with the robes of another monastery, even though we are normally forbidden to approach each other, and none of you question me? you let me get close freely? I could have easily killed one of you by now. not to mention one of you is a midget, and off-proportion humans cannot fight well, a woman that appears weak and cannot consider paths other then her own, and a dead spirit. and I simply hate your kind the foul undead."

mangosta71
2008-07-29, 06:50 PM
Shalan eyes the tension among his companions with a bit of unease. "Brothers," nodding at Shi, " and sister. There is no need for antagonism among ourselves. We have a common goal here. Please, if we cannot like each other, we can at least treat each other with the respect each of us is due."

boomwolf
2008-07-29, 06:52 PM
Haradim

"Foul undead deserve no respect, neither are deformed people. the girl jest pisses me off."

mangosta71
2008-07-29, 06:58 PM
"Even so, we will be working together. Your life will be in their hands, as theirs will be in yours."

boomwolf
2008-07-29, 07:01 PM
Haradim

With a madman's smile the pale man says "I knew I like you, my name is haradim, I appreciate the meeting shalan."

mangosta71
2008-07-29, 07:13 PM
Bowing his head slightly, "I am honored to meet you. All of you." He reaches above his head, muscles in his arms and chest rippling as he stretches. "I do hope that the Master arrives soon. I have not seen him in some time. Knowing that he is well would put my heart at ease."

Ascension
2008-07-29, 07:29 PM
Shango narrows his eyes, but his words regain their familiar gentleness, "I'm afraid I shall find your particular brand of humor difficult to get used to, Haradim."

He backs away, inadvertently backing off of the balcony and out onto thin air in the process.

"Sorry, I haven't been in a two-story building in a while," he says, floating back onto the balcony, "It'll take me a bit to get used to things like this again."

playswithfire
2008-07-29, 07:52 PM
Corsov

Though his hand had occasionally moved towards his sword during the discourse of the last few minutes, Corsov believed there was no true danger of an altercation, yet, anyway. Haradrim was hard to read, but one against five would be long odds, unless he had much more power than was apparent. With tempers cooling, he joins the calmer discussion.

Shango, I don't think I knew much of you before I left, but you have clearly had an interesting life to serve St. Cuthbert even after death. Time permitting on our journey, I would hear more of that story.

Shalan, an honor to meet you as well, particularly as you seem to have a talent for cooling the recent heated words and reminding us that we will, indeed, be responsible for each others' lives in the coming days. At hearing himself say this, his gaze turned to the odd, pale main, Haradim, who seems determined to call him a midget every minute or so.

Haradim, as for our lack of wariness, if you made it to this room, then you were supposed to be here by the order of our master, as were we all and we are not in the habit of questioning the will of our master is his own monastery, nor of attacking without provocation.

As we will be traveling together, I would caution against making assumptions about the fighting skills of others based on race, lest you be unpleasantly surprised and drag us into the fray with you. I realize you've said it to provoke me, but I don't know you well enough to rule out the chance you'd do it for real, so I simply offer the advice.

kentma57
2008-07-29, 09:59 PM
Suddenly as if from the wind it's self a voice crosses the room.
"So you finally finished your argument, I was wondering how much longer you would hold up my class. I would of stoped you sooner but each deserves to speak his piece."
Pearched of the edge of the balcony right beside you is a young man no more than 20 with a smile on his face, below you the young monks continue their training though many are crearly more intrested in the events above.

ps: please don't ask to many questions(try to keep it to initial reactions) I need to sleep, sorry.

playswithfire
2008-07-29, 10:19 PM
Corsov

Bringing a closed fist together with an open palm, Corsov bows slightly and addresses the newcomer. Apologies for the disruption. Are you here to tell us why we have been summoned?

Capn Stache
2008-07-29, 10:53 PM
Shi remains seated throughout the entire encounter, legs drawn into her body before her with her feet on the front edge of the chair.
Shango, I am very sad to hear of your passing. But seeing as how you are the one telling me of it, things can't be that bad can they?
After hearing the back and forth between the pale man and Shango:
Shango, please! I have not spent these past few years training to be a defenseless woman! I appreciate your instincts to protect me, but if our pale friend here decides he would like escalate the situation, he will find out just how poor his evaluation of my combat prowess truly is. With a small flick of her wrist, what appear to be 3 metal snowflakes appear between the fingers of her right hand. I have learned much in my time away. But most of all I have learned control, another movement hinds the metal discs, and if he wishes to think of me as closed minded for having that which has failed him, so be it. I walk my own path, and I shall allow him to walk his. The fact that these paths have come to run side by side for the time being is already proving to be an annoyance, but it is not without purpose.

Once Shalan calms the situation:
Thank you for your rational words, brother. We will indeed be tested together. And to overcome such tests requires trust...trust must first be earned through respect, let us put our energies into the task at hand...whatever that may be.

To the man perched on the ledge:
Yes, I am sure we have given the young ones quite the interesting distraction. I do not recall your face, but it has been many years, might we have trained together?

mangosta71
2008-07-29, 11:21 PM
Shalan smoothly rises, bowing to the newcomer. "Revered Brother, it is a pleasure to return after these many years. I feel as if I have come home."

Ascension
2008-07-30, 12:25 AM
"Greetings, brother," Shango says to the newcomer, "what news do you bring us?"

boomwolf
2008-07-30, 03:38 AM
Haradim

Haradim turns to Corsov saying "What do you mean based on race? the problem is not that you are human, its that you are a deformed one."

As the young man arrive Haradim adds "Do I KNOW you? you don't seem familiar, but there is something..."

playswithfire
2008-07-30, 07:40 AM
Corsov

Unable to be sure if Haradim is truly unfamiliar with dwarves or is continuing his attempts at provocation, but suspecting the latter, Corsov simply rolls his eyes in the pale man's direction. In any event, he was more interested in what the new arrival had to say than in educating Haradim.

kentma57
2008-07-30, 08:31 AM
Well I can not give you the entrire story but I belive the grand master will be here shortly. As the word leave his mouth he begins to bow, Grand Master Hawat has arrived.

(once again I will wait for you question if you wait for my answers)

Capn Stache
2008-07-30, 08:58 AM
Shi steps down from her chair and bows. Greetings Grand Master. I am pleased to see that you are in better health than brother Shango. Shi turns and winks at Shango.

Ascension
2008-07-30, 09:12 AM
As the Grand Master enters, Shango "falls" to his knees and bows deeply, his head accidentally passing through the floor as he does. He then rocks back into a "sitting" position.

When Shi speaks, it's all he can do to stifle a chuckle. He's glad to see that at least one of the brethr... wait, make that... sistren? Anyway, he's glad to see that at least someone's not disturbed by the fact that he's a ghost.

"Whatever you will have us do, Grand Master, we are eager to follow."

playswithfire
2008-07-30, 09:20 AM
Corsov

Corsov simply repeats the bowing motion he made when the first monk appeared, but bows more deeply this time and says nothing more than Grand Master.

kentma57
2008-07-30, 09:30 AM
Sliping into an empty chair, he begins to speak "Welcome my students I am sure you want to know why you have been summoned. Long ago there was a great adventurer named Eridian Vulcanis, but many years ago he was hurt beond repair. Now he works away in his library researching lost things and with the help of brave adventurers recovers them. Now he has asked for our help, any questions?"

Ascension
2008-07-30, 09:32 AM
"What 'lost thing' would you have us recover, Wise One?" Shango asks.

kentma57
2008-07-30, 09:34 AM
"You will be informed on your arival, but let be tell you you shall be well compensated for your time."

Capn Stache
2008-07-30, 09:45 AM
Master, what kind of man is the Vulcanis? Long study of ancient artifacts can easily lead to ambition and avarice. And with all due respect Master, what kind of mere trinket could possibly call for the reassembling of some of the monastery's most gifted students after so many years?

mangosta71
2008-07-30, 02:01 PM
Shalan sits quietly, chin resting on clasped hands as he considers the words being spoken. "He is evidently the type of man that our masters trust when he requests the assistance of our brotherhood. I am more concerned with the nature of the artifact that he would have us recover, as well as the present location of said artifact. It is evident that the task will be sufficiently difficult to require the talents of all of us working in cooperation, as I cannot think that we would be asked to do so if not. I'm sure that the students below can attest to the fact that such trust and cooperation will test our allegiance to the order."

boomwolf
2008-07-30, 03:19 PM
Haradim

As the grand master arrives Haradim says "Hi boss", and gives a nod towards him, as for after the explanation he adds "Finally a chance to give my new methods a test in real combat, don't get me wrong boss-but training jest ain't the same as the taste of blood. but I wonder what is it that needs people of our...capabilities...to handle?" Then his voice change completely "Some dark artifact perhaps?", and then he answers himself, back in normal voice "Shutup you. I don't need you any more. I only keep you around because removing you would cost me power."

mangosta71
2008-07-30, 04:21 PM
Shalan glances at Haradim with an eyebrow raised at his outburst. As I thought. He is afflicted as I am. But he seems to not have complete control over his beast. He has not made peace with himself. Perhaps this is why the master chose me.

boomwolf
2008-07-30, 04:34 PM
((Please refer to OOC, you might want to edit this post.))

kentma57
2008-07-30, 06:31 PM
(Grand Master)"Vulcanis is an old wizard and he is smart enough to keep the location of the artifact to himself untile someone can retrive it. As for the difficulty of the task it will be explained when you arrive, and you need not agree to complete it untile he has explained it to you. But if you are concerned the challenge would be to great I could send my son to assist you."

mangosta71
2008-07-30, 07:04 PM
"I for one would be grateful for any aid, Master. However, the wizard need not ask for my assistance. It is enough that you have."

Capn Stache
2008-07-30, 07:37 PM
Shi bows her head, Your trust in the matter is enough. And as for extra assistance, I would welcome your son's company Master. I have returned with the intent to renew my training in the ways of the monastery, I am sure he would be more than capable of fulfilling this interest during our travels. Shooting a glance to Haradim, It seems there is more to our rude companion than meets the eye, I cannot say I am thrilled to learn how those things will manifest themselves...

kentma57
2008-07-30, 07:54 PM
"Then you may leave at your leasure, my son can take a break from teaching. I will send word for another monk to take his place and he will meet you in the main hall; once you have been briefed by Vulcanis you may decide if you need his help."

ps: The son is not a plot hook. Don't ask for his help unless you want it, though he will be you guide for the first leg of the journy.

mangosta71
2008-07-30, 09:59 PM
Bowing to the Master, Shalan replies, "I am prepared."

Ascension
2008-07-30, 11:41 PM
"I fear we might put your son at risk," Shango objects, "The road ahead looks to be a long one, and potentially quite hazardous. He is a young man. It would hurt me deeply if your son should suffer my fate at such an early age, Wise One. Still, if you would like him to accompany us, your wish is our command."

((OOC: To metagame a bit... He wouldn't happen to be a Sacred Fist, would he? Also, first post in Alabama!))

boomwolf
2008-07-31, 02:40 AM
Haradim

"Heck. I rather him not to join, the mission should prove hard enough without having somebody to protect." says haradim, disappointed over something.

playswithfire
2008-07-31, 07:37 AM
Corsov

I am prepared, as well, and I believe the six of us can handle this; no disrespect to your sons abilities, of course.

Capn Stache
2008-07-31, 09:09 AM
Shi, looking a bit dejected says, "Well, lets at least talk to the man before we write him off entirely. And, lets get the show on the road, it seems we are all ready for this undertaking."

mangosta71
2008-07-31, 12:34 PM
"I agree. We should reserve judgement until we meet him, at least. Besides, I cannot believe that the Master would send one who would prove a liability to accompany us."

boomwolf
2008-07-31, 01:14 PM
Haradim

Haradim sighs in despair and says "His skills are not relevant, even if he far suppress our own skills the mere fact he is the master's son will both make us a target, and will force us to consider our priories between his safety and the mission's success, the more objectives there are, the harder to follow them all."

mangosta71
2008-07-31, 01:38 PM
"Our first priority is the mission. I'm sure that the Master understands that, and knows the risk his son will face if he comes. That being said, I will do everything in my power to see that all of us return safely."

boomwolf
2008-07-31, 01:44 PM
Haradim

"Is it? not so sure. if time comes to choose between his life, or the mission, what would you choose? the rest of us can be left behind, but as the master's son its our responsibility to take care of him."

mangosta71
2008-07-31, 02:13 PM
"I have already sworn to see the mission completed regardless of the cost, though I will endeavor to minimize it. None of us are expendable. Besides, as the Master's son, he should be fully capable of taking care of himself. If you feel certain that he will be nothing but a hindrance, I will not insist upon his presence. But neither should we outright reject a potential ally without first gaining a measure of him."

boomwolf
2008-07-31, 04:49 PM
Haradim

"You don't see my point. its not his power, its his name. it will doubtlessly bring us attention and must be defended with our lives, even if he is much stronger then ourselves.", the other voice jumps in and says "Actually I want him to come...", and Haradim sighs in reply, saying "Yaknow. sometimes he can be a real pain."

Ascension
2008-07-31, 05:31 PM
"We're just talking in circles now," Shango says, "I agree with Shi, we should be on our way. Enlightenment comes not through argument, but through experience. The journey itself should make all things clear, calm fears, assuage doubts."

"AND EVEN IF IT DOESN'T, AT LEAST WE'LL BE GETTING SOMETHING DONE."

"Now I didn't mean it to be rude, Fists! Stop twisting my words! Debate can be productive, it just doesn't seem like a very effective response to the current situation."

"WHO'S TWISTING? WE WEREN'T SPEAKING FOR YOU. CAN'T WE STATE OUR OWN OPINION EVERY NOW AND THEN? YOUR BICKERING IS DELAYING OUR ACTION. YOUR BICKERING DELAYS CUTHBERT'S JUSTICE!"

"Now you're just being melodramatic!"

kentma57
2008-07-31, 10:14 PM
With a smile the grand master continues "If you don't trust his skills a duel can be arranged, and as for his name being a thread, that will not be a problem. Few of the monasteries enemies still live and those who do are to weak to act."

"But we should let this issue rest, and unless you wish to test him, he will guide you to Vulcanis then return home."

Greystone
2008-07-31, 11:26 PM
Suddenly through the doors you all came through strides a tall woman, her smooth green skin glistening with sweat.

She walks in, lets her reptilian eyes slip between each of you then bowing low before the grand master.

" Master, I apologize for my lateness, I was lost in meditation on the mountain...I lost track of time" Her voice is strong and melodious.

She straightens to her full height of 5'11 flipping her ebony hair over her shoulder "Am I too late to be included in whatever task you are setting?"

(I aam still in right?)

boomwolf
2008-08-01, 07:48 AM
((I'll assume that you are.))

Haradim

"Yaknow girl, with a body like yours I could lose track of time too.", the other voice is quick to respond "You make me sick."

After a loud sigh Haradim keeps on "Ignore him, he is simply upset about being powerless. in any rate, I say we should get going. the quicker we get it over with the quicker I can repay my damn debt to the master and get back to my life, but with this latest sight, I might consider to stay a little longer."

Capn Stache
2008-08-01, 08:38 AM
Shi scoffs at Haradims comments, "The chauvinist calls me closed minded...but it seems his alter ego has at least the smallest amount of tact, perhaps you should just let him do the talking from now on." Bowing to the new-comer. "Welcome sister, I am glad you have arrived."

playswithfire
2008-08-01, 08:59 AM
Corsov

Welcome, indeed; you are just in time for we are about to leave to meet a man named Vulcanis who will give us the details of our quest. We, and the master's son, can fill you in on the parts you have missed while we walk.

Bowing again to the grandmaster, Corsov begins walking to the door.

OOC:Is the monk in the window grandmaster's son? or is that someone else?

Ascension
2008-08-01, 09:24 AM
Although a ghost really has no right to judge, Shango is somewhat taken aback by the newcomer's green skin. The rest of the party at least generally looks human (or dwarvish), whether they are or not, but this woman...

None of this shows on his face, though.

"Greetings, sister," he neutrally intones.

kentma57
2008-08-01, 10:01 AM
OOC: So I will be busy for the next few days, and unless one of you wants to fight there will be no random encounter(worth mentioning); I will try to get the next big post up soon(when you arive at the wizards house).

OOC2: Yes the monk you meet earlier is the Masters Son. (Go Thufir!)

Greystone
2008-08-01, 10:52 AM
"I apologize I have not met any of you...My name is Shena Goshone, Adept of the Dragon School, claw branch" She says with a bow.
While I am glad too meet you, some of you" she glares at Haradim "Will learn I am not just one too be looked at!"

After this she just smiles at Haradim, and you all see pointed slightly pointed teeth, that somehow does not mare her beauty and follows after Corsov.

As she leaves the room you hear her say "Who by the wood is this Vulcanis?"

mangosta71
2008-08-01, 11:26 AM
Shalan rises from the floor, bowing. "Farewell, Master. I hope to have the opportunity to return ere long." With another cautious glance at Haradim, he follows the others through the door.

playswithfire
2008-08-01, 01:40 PM
Corsov

Well, Shena, I don't know if he lives by a wood, but Vulcanis is apparently a retired adventurer who researches the lore of lost artifacts and contracts out to various organizations to retrieve them. He has contacted the monastery to recover..something. He's supposed to tell us what when we get there.

He looks away for a minute and then seems to remember, Oh, forgive me, I haven't introduced myself. I am Corsov Pankrati, student of the Talariic Codex.

boomwolf
2008-08-01, 01:40 PM
Haradim

Haradim jest responds with a taunting smile and says "If your combat skills match your beauty I could allow myself to jest look, I doubt anyone could ever defeat you."

Haradim keeps with the rest as they head out, making sure he will constantly be next to Shena, and tells her that "Vulcanis is some sort of researcher who wants us to fetch something, and apparently it is hard to get as otherwise there was no need for people of our intense combat skills, or your extraordinary beauty."

He also allows himself to introduce himself to Shena saying "My name is Haradim, adapt of the Iron Grip, and master of the Shifting Flesh, I hope our claws will fight side by side for many years."

((Yes, he actually does like her, alot, no wonder considering they share so much in common, both has sharp teeth, clawed hands, and similar personality. haradim shares more in common with Shena then with everyone else combined. ))

Greystone
2008-08-01, 02:51 PM
That stops Shena, she turns and eyes Haradim- a mild interest in her eyes "master of shifting flesh eh? That means your a shapeshifter of some kind...I would guess a were-tiger, or wolf the way you eye me like new prey"

She walks forward and inhales deeply "You have hunted recently Lycan, I can smell the blood on your breath and your" she looks down "hands, What or whose blood did you spill?"

Capn Stache
2008-08-01, 05:05 PM
With a final bow, Shi says, Farewell Master, we shall not fail you.

She begins walking out of the room and turns back to Shango, This, nodding her head toward Haradim and Shena, this should prove interesting. In no way will it be helpful to our cause, but it should be interesting nonetheless.

With that she raises her mask back over her nose and follows the rest of the party.

boomwolf
2008-08-01, 05:22 PM
((Please do not assume I did action I might have not. Haradim has not hunted for very, very long. over a year. no blood to smell, so I'll ignore that "I can smell the blood..." part.))

Haradim

"What makes you think I'm a lycan my dear? I can be anything I want.", and while saying that he grows a pair of wings that won't shame a dragon of his size. "Or do you like me better with a tail? he adds as the wings fold back to his back and a tail of a Cloaker (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG36.jpg) sprouts out, although smaller then a normal one. "But I rather have claws, as I am most practiced with them.", and the tail is drained into his body, while the claws cannot be seen due to the gantlet on them. "Besides, you are my prey, jest not the kind you eat."

((Used "morphic weapons" to create a wing slam, then used it again to create a tail slap, and again to return to my standard claws.
Should have taken 3 move actions, but heck, this is jest inter-party conversation and showoff.))

Greystone
2008-08-01, 08:08 PM
( I apologize, perhaps she was just bluffing, It will not happen again)

As Haradim changed his form Shena raised her eyebrows in mild shock "Touche Haradim, I believe this will be a very interesting adventure."

Shena then turns out into the hall way and grabbed her gear, which she had placed near the outside wall. She quickly looked back with a smirk "Say Haradim, You should rethink the tail....It looks good on you" then her smirk taking a devilish turn she said "Well, it couldn't hurt anyway..."

Spotting Shango and Shi she makes a little stop "Interesting is the correct word, but you haven't seen anything yet!" and with that she walked down the hall....

Ascension
2008-08-01, 08:09 PM
Shango is even more unnerved by Haradim's display than by the appearance of the green skinned woman (*Maybe part dragon?* he wonders.). Again, as a ghost, he really has no room to talk, but he still identifies as human, and prefers the company of "his own kind."

"Interesting indeed, Sister Shi," he replies, flying a bit closer to the purely human ninja, "We certainly have a... diverse... group."

He attempts to keep his voice neutral, but does not entirely succeed.

Capn Stache
2008-08-01, 08:46 PM
Shi nods at Shango. "Sister Shena, if I might ask, how is it that you came into the service of the Grand Master? Also, what kind of training have you received from the Dragon School?"
Shaking her head slightly embarrassed, "Forgive me, my name is Shi Eila, I was trained at this monastery as a child, but have since received training in the arts of Ninjutsu from the Masters of the Flying Lotus Clan."

mangosta71
2008-08-01, 09:11 PM
Shalan looks Shena over carefully. She's very confident. Whether or not it is justified remains to be seen. As he follows them through the corridor he observes Haradim's behavior. I wouldn't have expected him to turn into a simpering sycophant for a pretty face. I hope he doesn't have to be restrained. How he managed to complete his training here without gaining any measure of self-control is beyond me. His eyes fall on each of the others in turn. The girl, the ghost, and the dwarf seem reasonable. I doubt that any of them will be a source of difficulties, though they seem willing to finish anything that Haradim starts. Maybe his attentions toward the green woman will keep him in line.

boomwolf
2008-08-02, 04:46 AM
Haradim

Haradim gives Shango an devilish look saying "Its rather insulting coming from a ghost.", as they move on he scans Shalan for a bit, *Silent one isn't he? Quite the opposite from someone I know. You piss me off on purpose don't you? You truly are an expert detective...*, then he returns to his gazing on Shena, much more interesting.

playswithfire
2008-08-02, 07:34 AM
Corsov

Corsov had walked in relative silence, content to observe the interactions of the others, but one exchange compels him to respond.

What insulting about the word diverse? A diverse group is good; if we were all the same, we'd have the same weaknesses and if we encountered one of them, we'd all be in trouble. And we have all had diverse training: Dragon School, Iron Grip, Flying Lotus Ninjitsu, and the Talariic Codex so far.

Seeking to take advantage of the time on the walk, Corsov looks over at Shango and Shelan. The two of you, where have you trained after leaving Feng Shui?

Greystone
2008-08-02, 09:29 AM
Shena was talking too Shi Hmmmm, you want how I came too service of the grandmaster, well I suppose He took me in when the Wyrm Krosanigen slew my parents-But not before they had killed his brother and sister Shena said this with grim satisfaction I have trained so I can eventually go and slay him, and reclaim my ancestral home.

As for my training, well perhaps I should explain the Dragon School She is silent for a few seconds The dragon school is split in three- the branch, the claw, and the sword. The branch (which symbolises the Dragon's tail) focuses on a powerful defense, primarily using the quarter staff and arms. The Claw is a completly offensive style using the fingernails, hands, and vicious kicks. The sword (which is a Dragon's Fang) is a balance of the two.

She falls into a stance, hands help up and claws barred Most students have to rely on stiff jointed attacks and claw-like weapons, luckily enough I am actually equipped with claws She lowers her stance Claw teaches you to not control your emotions, but embrace them, let it move through you. I hope this has helped you understand my abilities She says with a bow.

She stops when she hears Corsov's comment, with a tired smile she answers for Haradim True enough but riddle me this, isn't this worlds problems based off of Diversity, differences cause the wars and disputes...and with that she continues down the hall.

mangosta71
2008-08-02, 11:40 AM
"People use the differences between themselves and others as excuses, but the world's problems are caused by intolerance." Shalan looks over to Corsov. "To answer your question, brother, I trained in the ghost bear style."

Ascension
2008-08-02, 11:51 AM
Shango is troubled by the question about his training, but feels that total... or at least near total disclosure would be in the party's best interests.

"I must confess," he says with a distant voice, "I was led astray and walked the path of darkness for a time. I returned here to the monastery and trained in secret with a wise man who taught me how to find the light within darkness and channel its power for the purposes of good. Unfortunately I had barely completed the initial stages of my training when I was killed in my sleep within these walls by the very one who had led me astray. St. Cuthbert saw fit to equip me with these gauntlets and return me to this world, and I pay my penance gladly. If all goes well, I will serve eternally as an enforcer of his justice, a guardian of the innocent."

boomwolf
2008-08-02, 12:09 PM
Haradim

Haradim laughs and says "This is new, nobody stood up for my yet. I like the way you think, and I believe your dragon claw style is not much different from the shifting flesh, we fight jest like you with our emotions in first priority, we jest change our weapons to fit our emotions at the moment."

After hearing shango's explanation he says "So basicly, you have the crappy attitude of a paladin combined with the unstable mindset of an undead. fun times.", clearly laughing at him.

Ascension
2008-08-02, 12:32 PM
"I assure you, 'Brother' Haradim," Shango says, his voice dangerously calm, "that if you should ever betray our cause you will find that my code of honor is considerably more flexible than that of a paladin."

"AND IF HE'S NOT WILLING TO DO WHAT'S NECESSARY," the gauntlets chime in, "WE ARE."

boomwolf
2008-08-02, 12:57 PM
Haradim

Haradim is upset (again) and says "You are no brother of mine, and will never be. I don't trust you foul undead, and if anyone is likely to betray us it is you." then he stare him in the eyes and says in a cruel voice "And when that happens, I will make you regret you came back."

Capn Stache
2008-08-02, 02:01 PM
Shi walks by the new scuffle saying, "Ahhh, yes, the man first explaining how we disgraced the way of the monk by giving into emotions admits to using them as a basis for his fighting style. He then gives in to his irrational fear and hatred of the undead, turning that into aggression toward a current ally. Careful, 'brother', lest this turn into a fight where your outnumbered by the people you have already insulted this day.

"This, sister, is the joy that you missed by staying in meditation just a bit too long. Don't be fooled by the lustful facade be puts on."

After thinking a moment she adds, "It will be pleasant when we have someone else's throat to be at...as opposed to being at each other's."

boomwolf
2008-08-02, 03:49 PM
Haradim

Haradim lets out a laugh and says "While I would have been disgrace to the way of the monk, unlike yourself I do not care, I am not a member of this monastery nor am I a monk, I only help you due to the debt I have to your master for the training he provided me, who covered the Iron Grip, and some...lets call it anger management lessons."

He points at Shango and says "However, my hatred for the undead is not irrational, these creatures are likely to turn on you, even if they were close friends at life-they are a mere imitation of what they were, and will eventually give in to their basic instincts of killing all who still live."

((I get more proud over the sentence: "So basicly, you have the crappy attitude of a paladin combined with the unstable mindset of an undead. fun times." with every reading of it. I think this is my masterpiece.))

Ascension
2008-08-02, 08:25 PM
"Killing all who still live?" Shango echoes with a bitter laugh, "What do you take me for, a wight or vampire or something? The only instinct I answer to is my heart's yearning for justice."

playswithfire
2008-08-02, 11:14 PM
Corsov

If any of us could not be trusted to complete this mission, we would not be here right now.

Though I do agree with Shi, it will be good to get the mission from Vulcanis and hopefully some idea of what we're up against in retrieving this item. Knowing our common mission will hopefully get us thinking more about tactics and less about inciting needless discontent amongst ourselves. This last is said while looking around at the group, attempting to recall who started what argument before he quickly realizes it doesn't matter. Soon enough, they will all be fighting together and that has been known to make petty differences fade away. One can only hope.

mangosta71
2008-08-02, 11:52 PM
As Corsov glances around the group, Shalan meets his eye and gives a respectful nod. I'm glad to see that I will not be alone in my attempts to keep my companions from killing each other. "Well spoken, brother. We should indeed be more concerned with completing our mission than with this pointless bickering."

boomwolf
2008-08-03, 02:05 AM
Haradim

"How far IS that Vulcanis guy? I am bored to hell." mutters Haradim, "And I don't like the company in this travel.", then he looks at Shena and says "Well, naturally there are exceptions."

mangosta71
2008-08-03, 09:19 PM
Shalan carefully keeps his face neutral. The Master obviously places great faith in my patience. "If you find the company disagreeable, you are under no compulsion to travel with us."

boomwolf
2008-08-04, 03:55 AM
Haradim

"Tell my, do you fail to understand the meaning of debt or are you simply deaf? in any case, I must see this mission through, regardless of what I think of it, or my companions."

mangosta71
2008-08-04, 10:21 AM
"I understand debt. I merely suggest that you might prefer to find another manner of honoring it."

Greystone
2008-08-04, 10:47 AM
At this last discussion Shena smirks "Debt or no debt Haradim, I wish you too join us....willingly."

At any unbelieving stares (I'll assume somebody will stare like I'm insane) her smirk changes too a innocent smile "He is the only one I feel is capable of verbally sparring with me."

She turns to walk away then as if she remembered something she turns back "Excuse me, that sounds wrong, I do not doubt your ability to verbally spar- its just certain...personality types are more suited too it, and if he didn't come...lets just say I personally if you don't let the sarcasm out you may spontaeously catch on fire, it builds up you see...right Haradim?"

At this she stares with a smirk at Haradim.

(Spontaneous combustion by built-up sarcasm, believe it!)

boomwolf
2008-08-04, 03:22 PM
Haradim

Haradim laughs and says "Does not build up for me, I have the other one to brake in case of emergency, however it cannot amuse forever, and trust me, I can spare you in more ways then verbally." and he finish with a very evil grin.

a few moments later the "other" haradim takes his chance to say "Why can't we all jest get along?", and the first reply 'Well, whats the fun in that?"

kentma57
2008-08-04, 04:23 PM
Sorry but I have some bad news: some things have come up and my DMing has come to a dead stop. I just don't have any time to run these games. If someone wants to find a DM, I can fill them in on the campaign.

boomwolf
2008-08-04, 04:55 PM
Jeez...

And the party was such a good one too...

Well, if there is an alternate DM it will be fun.

Greystone
2008-08-04, 05:10 PM
{BLEEP} SECOND GAME IN A ROW!

I hope we can find a new DM, I think this is a real cool game...so far anyways

kentma57
2008-08-05, 04:19 PM
Good news by friend offered to DM, so when I get home I will jump you into the next plot segment.

ps: I will PM you all later(because I know you have stoped reading this thread).

boomwolf
2008-08-06, 07:03 PM
So...when do we get this show back on the road?

kentma57
2008-08-07, 12:29 PM
Right sorry, I will give the campaign to my friend on the weekend and he will continue it. I just don't have time for this....