PDA

View Full Version : The Red Baron (Movie)

TwoBitWriter
2008-07-29, 01:04 PM
Official Site (http://www.redbaron-themovie.com/index_en.html)

Is anyone as excited about this movie as I am? The Red Baron has always been a personal hero of mine, being as into World War I and German History as I am. :smallsmile:

I can't find an American Release date... I hope they don't wait too long!

Werner Voss, Manfred von Richtofen, and Roy Brown are going to be the primary characters. There seems to be a nurse named Kate (can't do umlaut) who seems important...

The only names I recognize as an American are Joseph Fiennes, who plays Brown, and Lena Headey, who plays Kate.

Isolder74
2008-07-29, 01:39 PM
This is the first time I heard about it.

Considering the record the film industry has had lately making movies about historical events, all I can say is that I will have to wait and see. The primary characters makes the movie seem promising.

The Red Baron was one of the world's first great fighter pilots. It would be nice to see an accurate portrayal of his life.

Guildorn Tanaleth
2008-07-29, 01:43 PM
Will this involve Snoopy?

TwoBitWriter
2008-07-29, 01:48 PM
Will this involve Snoopy?

We can only hope...

Considering the record the film industry has had lately making movies about historical events, all I can say is that I will have to wait and see. The primary characters makes the movie seem promising.

Well, this isn't being produced by an American studio, its a joint effort involving the UK and Germany. So I know it will probably never see theatrical release in the US. But I think that foreign films tend to focus less on special effects and more on quality acting and writing. So I am hopeful!