PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Galaxy

Geno9999
2008-07-29, 04:34 PM
I wrote this thread as a result of the Super Paper Mario thread where people sometimes commented on SMG.
My take on SMG; It was one of the best Mario game I have ever played (Mind you, I've played all of the Mario platformer game that had come to the home systems.) With fun gravity puzzles and pure 3D platform fun. I've completed the game and I didn't quite realized the fact they killed Mario (The Disney Way! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DisneyDeath)) until a Playgrounder said it.
I liked the way Nintendo brought Bowser back to his rightful throne, the Evilest Nintendo Villain, by making him not stop at the Princess, not beating his enemy long last, not conquer the planet, oh no, he goes for THE UNIVERSE. Honestly, I hated it when Bowser is more comic relief than Awesomely Cool Big Bad, as he is portrayed in recent Mario RPGs (in fact, Paper Mario 1 was the only one of the RPGs that he's the main villain) and waited like an impatient hedgehog (that we all know and love) for Bowser to rise and stay at the top.
The only thing I didn't like, was how easy it is to get lives. However, this is countered by making it easy for you to die, making the end result is fun levels and can try as often as you like and you don't worry about game overs. GitP, now let's hear how you like SMG. (by the way, SMB3 and SMB:LL SMB 2 beat SMG by the nose.)

D'OH! Forgot to add that the Lunas hit the big reset button in the unverse (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ResetButton)

Woot Spitum
2008-07-30, 01:55 PM
Definately one of the best Mario games. Not sure if I'd rate it higher than Super Mario 3, but you know how things are with the nostalgia.

Personally, I like Bowser doing comic relief. How can anyone not like it when the king of the koopas is making poetry to express his frustrations:

Like the moon over the day
My genius and brawn
are lost on these fools
~Bowser, Super Mario RPG

It's baby Bowser that I want to see die violently, never to return. What happened to the REAL koopa kids?:smallmad:

Dairun Cates
2008-07-30, 01:57 PM
It's baby Bowser that I want to see die violently, never to return. What happened to the REAL koopa kids?:smallmad:

They asked too many questions.

Pinnacle
2008-07-30, 03:32 PM
I believe they've been renamed the "Koopalings", but they still show up from time to time.

You have to fight them in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.
For some reason they work for Cackletta after she's possessed Bowser. Maybe they don't notice that he's, uh, not quite himself (although it'd be pretty hard to miss..)? Or maybe they just think she's more competent and likely to score them a victory than he is.

itsmeyouidiot
2008-07-30, 03:53 PM
It's baby Bowser that I want to see die violently, never to return. What happened to the REAL koopa kids?

In Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, you have to fight and defeat all of them before reaching the final boss.

Certainly a horrible way to die, being crushed under the body weight of a fat plumber.