PDA

View Full Version : i need to stop being such a deck

reorith
2008-07-30, 01:36 AM
inspired by collin's attempt to gain weight and midnight son's quest for meaning, i've decided i should probably quit drinking and smoking like a chimney. but thats not happening so instead i'm going to cut back on my daily allotment of trolling in real life.

before i call it a day, i should have made some one cry, made some one else regret meeting me, made some one else regret being born, made some else see something in a new way and convinced some one else that i have faith in them. those things are in addition to whatever opportunities to troll present themselves.

well anyway, starting today, i'm no longer going to derail societal progress for lulz. wish me luck.

thubby
2008-07-30, 01:52 AM
conflict is human nature (therefore you are not human! *fetches pitchfork*) to resist causing conflict is to derail society.

Amotis
2008-07-30, 03:43 AM
I'm not sure if you're serious, but if you are, good luck. And seriously (ha! what's that?) that's kinda something I know quite a lot of. You can't turn it off. All this sarcasm and deck-ery. It leaks through your eyes, man.

Phae Nymna
2008-07-30, 03:53 AM
Schadenfreude. It oozes from by skin. :smallamused:

Pleased to meet you, comrade.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-07-30, 04:22 AM
before i call it a day, i should have made some one cry, made some one else regret meeting me, made some one else regret being born. those things are in addition to whatever opportunities to troll present themselves.
That's horrible. Glad you've decided to stop.

Moff Chumley
2008-07-30, 11:00 AM
That's horrible. Glad you've decided to stop.

QFT, if you're like that in real life, I wouldn't want to meet you on the internet. :smallyuk:

Ranna
2008-07-30, 11:36 AM
what I am confused?

You are aiming to make people cry? Or NOT make people cry?

Ilena
2008-07-30, 11:58 AM
I think he is trying to not make people cry ...

Sneak
2008-07-30, 12:00 PM
I dunno, Reorith. I've always found your comments amusing, personally.

But if you really are on a quest for self-betterment, well, best of luck to ya then.

Ranna
2008-07-30, 12:14 PM
You can make people cry???

How do you do that? People just laugh at me, even when I am trying to be mean.

reorith
2008-07-30, 12:48 PM
You can make people cry???

How do you do that? People just laugh at me, even when I am trying to be mean.

its just a matter of knowing what to say and when to say it.

Hannes
2008-07-30, 01:20 PM
its just a matter of knowing what to say and when to say it.

Or sometimes, rather, in my case at least, just saying something you think is perfectly normal. Yeah. Imagine that! You say something completely usual for you and in a perfectly acceptable tone for you and you make about 5 people around you angry/sad. How fun.

Em Blackleaf
2008-07-30, 03:02 PM
I don't think it's possible for me to make others sad or angry without feeling incredibly guilty right away.
Unless it's someone I'm absolutely fed up with. Then it's rewarding.

But that's fantastic that you're trying to be a nicer person. :smallsmile:

@Ranna; you could just make people laugh until they cry... :smalltongue:

reorith
2008-07-30, 11:10 PM
i made it through today without trolling anyone. it was tough because i spent a great deal of time with some really dumb people and had some great opportunities for some prime trolling.

Chronicled
2008-07-30, 11:45 PM
I'll bet that today's unwitting kid who wasn't trolled into quitting his job would thank you if he knew.

reorith
2008-07-31, 11:30 PM
day two. didn't troll anyone. i almost did, but i turned the situation around. a woman assumed i worked at the grocery store because i was wearing a green polo and black pants and asked me where she could find bread. rather than lead her on a bizarre goose chase, i took her to aisle 27 and asked her if she needed anymore help.

reorith
2008-08-09, 12:18 AM
so i resumed my trolling activities and made up for lost time. trolled or untrolled, this world is the same pathetic place and to be honest, being a nice guy takes too much work.