PDA

View Full Version : The bone golem that attacked Celia was not Roy

Tre of the Wood
2008-07-30, 01:40 PM
I base this statement on a comparison of sizes between characters. One will note that Roy, even in his bone golem form, is the same height at Celia. Haley is also the same height as Celia. When Haley confronts the hunchback, she is much taller than him (about half of a head). One will also note that when the hunchback orders the golems to attack, the blue golem is roughly an entire head taller than him. One must thus conclude that the blue golem is taller than Haley. As Roy and Haley are the same height, is can be assumed that Roy is shorter than the blue golem. However, when the bone golem that attacked Celia is seen next to the blue golem (when the golems stand by the edge of the broken bridge), it can be seen that it is taller than the blue golem.

This does not really seem to matter, but it is a nice thing to know. Who knows? maybe it will matter somehow...

But I doubt it.

Chronos
2008-07-30, 02:38 PM
However, when the bone golem that attacked Celia is seen next to the blue golem (when the golems stand by the edge of the broken bridge), it can be seen that it is taller than the blue golem.Look at where the feet are. The blue golem is still taller than the bone golem.

d'Bwobsling
2008-07-30, 03:06 PM
Besides, roy was the only bone gollem there. Everything else were flesh gollems

kossuth's_spark
2008-07-30, 03:54 PM
if it means anything, the blue golem is NOT the tallest golem, and did you ever think that Roy could be, oh, i don't know, shorter without his shoes? and besides, the Dr.Frankenstien-type guy igor-esque guy asks about flesh golems and the igor-esque guy says they have "formula mixed for a bone golem". and i'm guessing that means they mixed it and it has been sittiong there for a while.

Ninja
2008-07-30, 04:55 PM
Look at where the feet are. The blue golem is still taller than the bone golem.

seconded....

David Argall
2008-07-30, 05:29 PM
This is a stick comic. Any theory based on artwork is suspect from the start. The strip in question is particularly drawn for plot or story convenience rather than any accuracy. [Note how the puddle changes length.]

Now we don't have the evidence to absolutely say the idea is nonsense, but Celia identifies the bone golem as Roy, and we have no sighting of a second one, so the default is that the idea is wrong.

Linkavitch
2008-08-04, 10:47 AM
Besides, the Giant can do anything he wants with his own comic.

Siosilvar
2008-08-04, 10:57 AM
In #577 (last three panels), Haley is taller than Celia (slightly). Look at #578 - Celia's taller now. So I'd say (like the other people here) the height is variable.

Chronos
2008-08-04, 11:44 AM
In #577 (last three panels), Haley is taller than Celia (slightly). Look at #578 - Celia's taller now.Again, look at where the feet are, not just where the heads are. Haley and Celia are consistently the same height.

Cizak
2008-08-05, 05:17 AM
Like Chronos said, look at their feet. And come on, it's a stick figure comic! He can't always do it excactly right.... or maybye he can, and I'm just to lazy to figure out some argument that will make any sense? We'll never know...

Fitzclowningham
2008-08-05, 09:35 AM
In #577, Grubby says it takes 6 bodies to make a single golem. With that in mind, the golem could be 8' tall, and still "be" Roy.