PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury Tales: Campaign idea. Critique plz.

EndlessWrath
2008-07-30, 04:29 PM
So.. I read the Canterbury tales (no not all of it...but some) for English Class. I liked it..and it gave me an idea for a Campaign.. I hadn't tried for sometime... but Since 4e came out...it gave me a reason to do it.

Idea: X many players... players are on a pilgrimage or journey..and to pass the time they tell stories. Each story = Short adventure (1 or 2 meetings maybe). Each storyteller = DM. After one does it, you swap to the next player. This lets everyone have a good wide selection to choose of characters... at different levels, and gets to try out a lot of stuff. Then players vote on who's was the best. maybe whoever wins gets a free lunch or just a pat on the back. The gaming itself was my priority.

What you guys think?

Dairun Cates
2008-07-30, 04:39 PM
So.. I read the Canterbury tales (no not all of it...but some) for English Class. I liked it..and it gave me an idea for a Campaign.. I hadn't tried for sometime... but Since 4e came out...it gave me a reason to do it.

Idea: X many players... players are on a pilgrimage or journey..and to pass the time they tell stories. Each story = Short adventure (1 or 2 meetings maybe). Each storyteller = DM. After one does it, you swap to the next player. This lets everyone have a good wide selection to choose of characters... at different levels, and gets to try out a lot of stuff. Then players vote on who's was the best. maybe whoever wins gets a free lunch or just a pat on the back. The gaming itself was my priority.

What you guys think?

Sounds fun. Just don't die half-way through writing it.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-07-30, 04:44 PM
This gets my seal of approval.
Not that I have one, but it's the jist that counts.

Were you planning on writng anything up on the actual campaign, or having the different DMs do that?

EndlessWrath
2008-07-30, 05:44 PM
This gets my seal of approval.
Not that I have one, but it's the jist that counts.

:smallbiggrin: Thanks. Don't have a seal of approval? I'll get you one...

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2381624/2/istockphoto_2381624_seal_of_approval.jpg

Were you planning on writng anything up on the actual campaign, or having the different DMs do that?

kashmer? Ya confused me on this one... lemme see if this answers it.

See. I dunno. I was planning to have it, Different players do their own thing... My bro did a makeshift Diablo II (act II) adventure...yeah, he told us be level 10... We fought cr 28 monster... not so good >.< So unfortunately because either all the players are afraid of my bro running another game or they didn't like 4e...they haven't said much about it (like doing another meeting) for 2 or 3 weeks. I don't think it was the base concept of the game that they had a problem with...so I didn't get a good evaluation on the idea of the game.

We were gonna have it each player tells a story that they decide on... no planned out by anyone else...just by you... The players are the "characters" in the story. PCs.

If you were asking whether I was asking for other peoples ideas for adventures? ALL IDEAS ARE WELCOME. By all means. I haven't actually thought up an adventure...and if we do this again... I might be next in line. (not many voluteers) and since I'm the most qualified in D&D DMing (ran a campaign for 2 years...no one else has ran standard D&D campaign)... I'll probably be picked next.
I hope that settles the question.