PDA

View Full Version : Confession Time

Dryken
2008-07-30, 09:44 PM
Alright folks, time to confess! It can be about anything and there can be as many confessions as you want.

- I have never seen Titanic.
- I hate Moulin Rouge.
- I have never read or seen the movies based on the book Dune.
- When no one is looking, I take a peek at the celebrity column of the newspaper to read the latest gossip.
- Despite what I tell my friends, I like some anime.
- I have a very large crush on Christian Bale.
- I secretly hope for a Dystopian future.

Go! Go! Go!

ChickenDancer
2008-07-30, 09:51 PM
- I have literally dreamed of Genie, on many separate occasions.
- I like the sound of my own voice.
- I laughed at on of my friends every time I saw this person because I found out he cried every time he saw Moulin Rouge.
- I like the smell of gasoline
- I hope to die of cardiac arrest from eating far too much fried food in one sitting.
- I abhor the phrase "Thats Hot" with a terrifying passion.
- Sometimes I like to embarrass myself on the dance floor by doing a dance move my friend invented called "Geeking"

Sneak
2008-07-30, 09:51 PM
I have never seen Titanic, or The Godfather. I have also never played a game of DnD.

captain_decadence
2008-07-30, 10:35 PM
-I hide my problems from my friends because they already have too many problems as it is.
-I haven't seen Pulp Fiction.
-I only cry from a movie or book if there is a heroic sacrifice.
-I have a crush on someone I've never met to whom i send facebook messages.
-Mulan may be my favorite movie.

Haruki-kun
2008-07-30, 10:45 PM
- I didn't hate FFX-2
- Contrary to popular belief, I've never watched a J-Horror movie. No, not even The Ring. Probably because I'm a scaredy cat.
-I sat for about 5 minutes looking at this post before I realized I couldn't write more than those two confessions.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-30, 10:49 PM
- I don't read Oots >>
- Don't play DnD, either
- I am more pleased by the fact Sneak sig-quoted me than I should be
- Books that make me cry are my favorites <3
- I have spent a good portion of the past week reading fanfiction featuring The Joker/ Harley Quinn.
- It took me three months to get the courage to post out of Town when I was on my QoM account. It took me a few months to post something substantial outside of SMBG.

Ego Slayer
2008-07-30, 11:11 PM
- I don't read Oots >>
I... I can't love y... you anymore... T.T

Kidding.

Jae
2008-07-30, 11:15 PM
I confess that I thought of making a thread like this once...

or, didnt I?? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74710)

:smalltongue:

edit: I think I might also confess that there is something thats been driving me pretty crazy that I wish I didnt feel like I MUST keep to myself but if I were to unkeep it to myself, it'd go pretty horridly wrong on about a million dif levels. Also Im lying to myself about it because maybe im wrong anyways. so ive gotta put up with this thing that drives me crazy until it stops :smallfrown:
longgggsigggghhhhhhh

Dryken
2008-07-30, 11:30 PM

or, didnt I?? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74710)

:smalltongue:

Oh dear...I'm so sorry.

Collin152
2008-07-30, 11:35 PM

Seasons go and seasons come, steady as the beating drum.
Out with the old, in with the neuu.

I confess: I don't know how to use Flash. This is preventign me from reachign goals, and may make me a hypocrit if I don't watch what I say.

I confess: I'm too much of an open book, and will willingly share just about anything about me with anyone what wants to know.

I confess: These aren't really confessions. More like... admittances.

Sneak
2008-07-30, 11:36 PM
edit: I think I might also confess that there is something thats been driving me pretty crazy that I wish I didnt feel like I MUST keep to myself but if I were to unkeep it to myself, it'd go pretty horridly wrong on about a million dif levels. Also Im lying to myself about it because maybe im wrong anyways. so ive gotta put up with this thing that drives me crazy until it stops :smallfrown:
longgggsigggghhhhhhh

So you're confessing that there's a confession that you can't make? Well. Hope it gets sorted out alright, then.

I am more pleased by the fact Sneak sig-quoted me than I should be

Someone famous, dashing, witty, charming, and modest like me? Of course you should be pleased! Hell, you should be even more pleased than you are! :smalltongue:

I confess: These aren't really confessions. More like... admittances.

And what exactly is the difference?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-30, 11:46 PM
My day has officially been made.
At...23;47.
Better late than never, eh?

Nychta
2008-07-31, 12:01 AM
-There were some parts of the Matrix Reloaded that I liked.
-I actually suck at roleplaying.
-I have never watched The Godfather, Grey's Anatomy, Moulin Rouge, other famous movies.
-I haven't yet finished Blackadder.
-I've read only one or two books of the DiscWorld series.
-I'm scared of Bor.
-I'm generally not a nice person.
-I'm too mature.
-I make people read my blog at Ni-point.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-07-31, 12:15 AM
-I'm scared of Bor.

:smallconfused:

As for my confession: I'm Batman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snjh1hT853g).

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-31, 12:26 AM
-I'm scared of Bor.

Confession: I was TOO at one point, though, for possibly different reasons than you.
Now, not so much.
Bor is about as scary as a declawed kitty.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-07-31, 12:36 AM
Confession: I was TOO at one point, though, for possibly different reasons than you.
Now, not so much.
Bor is about as scary as a declawed kitty.

Heh. When you're done reading that "little" file I sent you, then say I don't scare you. :smalltongue:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-07-31, 12:37 AM
- There are people I hate a lot more than I let on.
- I have no idea if I'm in love with one of two(or even both) girls I know.
- I have a lot more stuff I don't want to confess.

thubby
2008-07-31, 12:45 AM
I deliberately exaggerate in my response to pain and in my emotions because I have been openly told it is disturbing otherwise.

EndlessWrath
2008-07-31, 12:47 AM
-Although next year I'll be majoring in theater I have never seen Rent and I just saw Chicago (on Broadway)...even though I've been a nut for 4 years.
-Even though I say I don't...I truly do love her and hate her d*******g Bf of hers -_-
-I'm rather insecure and defensive.
-Although I'm good at manipulating people... I hate it and i hate having that power altogether.
-I love Princess Bride
-I've never seen Space Bawls....
-I hate superman and batman, but love the joker.
-has a myspace

Pyrian
2008-07-31, 05:02 AM
The funny thing about these threads, for me, is that there's no room between the things I freely talk about (and therefore wouldn't count as confessing) and the things I would not post openly on the internet for the whole world to see.

So, basically, by the very definition involved, there's no confession I could possibly post here.

happyturtle
2008-07-31, 05:32 AM
- Despite being an absolute sci-fi nut, I've never seen Firefly
- I listen to 80s music. And Elvis. And disco.
- If I could, I'd have my whole library in electronic form and ditch all the archaic dead tree versions.
- I can eat the same food every day for weeks on end without getting tired of it.
- If reincarnation is true, I died in the trenches in WW1.
- I'm not transsexual, but I totally have penis envy sometimes.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-07-31, 05:34 AM
I do confess that I have nothing to confess ...
I like Oz Hip-Hop
NOTHING YOU HEAR!

Totally Guy
2008-07-31, 08:32 AM
I was the mystery forumite that streaked across the beach after Last Resort 33's wedding reception! There were hints it was me but I don't think anybody figured it out.

Hey this is the perfect time for you to hear my new "love your body and bring an end to anorexia" campaign slogan! - Less Dinner Skipping, More Skinny Dipping!

reorith
2008-07-31, 11:46 AM
i confess i made a paper mache replica of my friend's sister and posed it in my reading chair because i was ronery ;_;

Ethrael
2008-07-31, 12:18 PM
-I can dance incredibly
-I spend more time talking about stuff than knowing about it

That's all I can remember atm...

Pinnacle
2008-07-31, 12:26 PM
I've never seen most (any?) of the movies that "everyone" has seen.

- I like the sound of my own voice.

Have you tried listening to a recording of yourself? For some (psychological?) reason, most people don't hear their own voices normally.
Every time I've heard someone listen to a recording of their own voice, the reaction is similar: "Wow, this recording is bad. That doesn't sound at all like me. That voice sounds stupid!" "Actually, it's a good recording; that's exactly how you sound."

happyturtle
2008-07-31, 12:32 PM
Have you tried listening to a recording of yourself? For some (psychological?) reason, most people don't hear their own voices normally.

Actually, it's a physical reason. You hear your own voice through the bones of your skull. Other people's voices you hear transmitted through air.

Jibar
2008-07-31, 01:44 PM
- I hate Moulin Rouge.

*gasp*

Why do you hate me?

Pinnacle
2008-07-31, 03:19 PM
Actually, it's a physical reason. You hear your own voice through the bones of your skull. Other people's voices you hear transmitted through air.

That was my second guess.
The only reason it wasn't the first is because everyone I've heard try it prefers their voice the way they normally hear it, but then that's probably because they're used to it.

happyturtle
2008-07-31, 03:26 PM
My recorded voice sounds like my mom reading to me, so I like it. :smallsmile:

Collin152
2008-07-31, 04:34 PM
I like my recorded voice... dropped in pitch about 20%.
Or at least, a few years ago... I should re-record myself and see how I sounds.

I confess: I shot JR.

I confess: I almost shot JFK.

I confess:I've never kissed anybody.

Kneenibble
2008-07-31, 04:47 PM
@^
You shot Junior? Well, he had it coming.
You almost shot Jesus ****ing - it's spelt with a C, by the way - but why?

As for me,
I admit it.
I pretend to be gay to pick up chicks.

@v Rawr! Meet me at the dock warehouse.

Lyesmith
2008-07-31, 04:49 PM
You disgust me, sir.
*Puts on sleazily appealing drag*
'Ello, sailor.

(I can't take stuff seriously and take the mickey out of those I love. Also, I can't stop shipping people.)

RabbitHoleLost
2008-07-31, 05:16 PM
As for me,
I admit it.
I pretend to be gay to pick up chicks.

You totally got me, good sir :smalltongue:

Dihan
2008-07-31, 05:21 PM
I confess that...

- I enjoy reading other people's confession.
- My hand writing is nearly identical to my mother's.
- I occasionally get quite solipsistic... Sometimes.

Jae
2008-07-31, 05:30 PM
Oh dear...I'm so sorry.
haha no need to actually be sorry.

So you're confessing that there's a confession that you can't make? Well. Hope it gets sorted out alright, then.
You say it like it's a wierd thing :smalltongue:
No but yeah. I dont actually want to say haaa I just felt like I do have a confesion thats bugging me!! but it isnt the kind of thing thats fixed by saying it on a forum, anyways

I deliberately exaggerate in my response to pain and in my emotions because I have been openly told it is disturbing otherwise.
I do the sameee exact thing

For some (psychological?) reason, most people don't hear their own voices normally.
It's not psychological, or else you'd hear it differently played back to you, as well. It's a skull vibrationey thing?? and I dont mind the voice that I hear, but I despise the voice everybody else has to listen to..

and i have to confess im really easily jealous. and not good at hiding it.

zeratul
2008-07-31, 05:36 PM
I confess

-I enjoy it when people are afraid of me
-I tend to look down on people who listen to pop rap or hiphop
-I pretend to like people I hate if it makes things easier for me, then still talk crap about them

Collin152
2008-07-31, 05:39 PM
I confess:
Using magic, I broke up two friends a friend and his girlfriend, so as to reunite him with his old girlfriend, as they both still want to be with each other, but for some cosmicly unascertainable reason, ceased to be.
I confess:
I did this to bring their magical natures closer together, so that they will grow faster, so I can harvest them at a greater yield when I go all Sylar on my supernatural friends.

reorith
2008-07-31, 07:34 PM
my confession is i'm posting this from work. lulz. i just told a customer to wait while i completed "inventory."

Player_Zero
2008-07-31, 07:36 PM
I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

Lyesmith
2008-07-31, 07:38 PM
I once shot a man in Reno 'cause they cancelled Firefly.

Sneak
2008-07-31, 07:38 PM
I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

And when you hear that whistle blowin', you hang your head and cry?

TheCountAlucard
2008-07-31, 07:57 PM
-I once unintentionally hit a friend in the forehead with a sword. Luckily, he only got a nasty gash.
-I once snuck three pounds of Twizzlers and a few granola bars into a movie with me. Last week.
-I have a massive box of Playboy magazines from the 70s and 80s. I constantly worry about someone finding them.
-Give me a dollar.
-I am longing to go back to college and get away from my family.

Cristo Meyers
2008-07-31, 08:03 PM
-If I were given the opportunity, I'd drop everything and go back to college.

-The very idea of becoming a father makes me physically ill.

-I drink when I write, heavily, because it's quickly becoming the only way my brain will let my hands put anything down on paper.

DraPrime
2008-07-31, 08:05 PM
Well I did once kick a puppy, but it was an accident. I swear it was!

Tragic_Comedian
2008-07-31, 08:10 PM
-I'm a little bit naive.
-I have low self esteem.
-I once attempted to start a war with nothing more than a paper clip, some string, and a Best of Queen album.

reorith
2008-07-31, 08:12 PM
-I drink when I write, heavily, because it's quickly becoming the only way my brain will let my hands put anything down on paper.

i do pretty much everything with a bac between .02 and .06

happyturtle
2008-07-31, 08:14 PM
-I am longing to go back to college and get away from my family.

Heh... I'm 36, and I still can only take my family in small doses. More than a week, and I'm climbing the walls going crazy to get out.

Confessions:
- I have an unopened jar of mayonnaise sitting on the floor near my desk.
- I really liked Terminator 3
- Of all the things I miss about America, the one I think about the most is tootsie rolls.
- I resent having to drive cars with a manual transmission.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-07-31, 08:16 PM
Heh... I'm 36, and I still can only take my family in small doses. More than a week, and I'm climbing the walls going crazy to get out.

Confessions:
- I have an unopened jar of mayonnaise sitting on the floor near my desk.
- I really liked Terminator 3
- Of all the things I miss about America, the one I think about the most is tootsie rolls.
- I resent having to drive cars with a manual transmission.

-I thought you were, like...22-24. >.<

Collin152
2008-07-31, 08:19 PM
I confess:
I hate driving. i intend to rely on public transportation and my own two arthritic legs as much as I can.
I'll save money on gas! And insurance!

wojonatior
2008-07-31, 08:21 PM
too many to think of

happyturtle
2008-07-31, 08:29 PM
-I thought you were, like...22-24. >.<

I wish! I'm feeling decidedly middle aged amongst all you younguns.

Collin152
2008-07-31, 08:34 PM
I wish! I'm feeling decidedly middle aged amongst all you younguns.

If you want, I know a spell you could cast on the New Moon to restore your youth...

TheCountAlucard
2008-07-31, 08:37 PM
-I've never received a single driving lesson in my life, and I STILL feel I'd be a better driver than half of the hillbillies in this podunk Arkansas town...
-Give me two dollars.
-I've never stayed awake through a James Bond movie.

Dryken
2008-07-31, 10:46 PM
- yes, my handwriting is remarkably similar to the writing on a picture a five year old drew.
- I'm renouncing my gothic ways and supporting sunlight.
- I like Pink Floyd, but to me they were just a band.
- I read and enjoyed Johnen Vasquez's old stuff (pre-zim). I also thought his points in JTHM were original.
- I often pretend I'm in a book or a movie.

Collin152
2008-07-31, 10:51 PM
Despite having independantly generated theological views, my own belifs seem really similar to that of the Wiccan faith.
So I confess: It was me. I went back in time and founded it.

happyturtle
2008-07-31, 11:06 PM
If you want, I know a spell you could cast on the New Moon to restore your youth...

It wouldn't work. I don't have any magic ability at all. My mum and my sis got it all. And I'm going to have to start a magic thread for you, aren't I?

More confessions:
- I completely understand why someone would willingly undergo trepanation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trepanning).
- The spell components for the failed headache cure smell very nice.
- I really hate D&D 3.5

Collin152
2008-07-31, 11:08 PM
And I'm going to have to start a magic thread for you, aren't I?

Oh, dear, no, Ethrael is going to post it, I believe.
And we don't want to spoil her fun, do we?

- The spell components for the failed headache cure smell very nice.

Failed? Hmm, shame. Must require magic to activate it.
This will, of course, go in my notes.

randman22222
2008-07-31, 11:13 PM
My confession:

I absolutely love War, by Edwin Starr (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7V6FAoTLc).

bluewind95
2008-07-31, 11:25 PM
- I have had suicidal and self-harming thoughts, actions and tendencies since I was 10 years old. Which is over half my life.
- I cheated when learning to read. I listened to speech therapies and learned that way when I was very young.
- I am a tutor... but really don't like giving classes.
- I like mustard more than mayonnaise and have eaten sandwiches and hotdogs with no mayonnaise, but a lot of mustard. I can even eat bits of mustard alone.
- I absolutely LOVE garlic. I can eat garlic alone, too, and do so if I find any.
- I really do enjoy harming myself (so long as I do not draw blood).
- I like the pokemon games. Used to like the anime too, until I tired of pretty much the same thing happening over and over.
- I enjoy many old games (as in... games from the NES era) more than many new games.
- I do not like Halo kind of games.
- I do, however, like World of Warcraft. A lot.
- I am deathly scared of people.
- People seem to think I'm nice, but I really am not.
- I can't properly tell left from right.

Mattarias, King.
2008-07-31, 11:35 PM
Seasons go and seasons come, steady as the beating drum.

I confess that I got that reference. :smalltongue:

Everything I do has had at least a hint of ANIMOSITY recently.

Yes, that needed to be capitalized.

ALSO! I like spacing things this way.

More things when I think of them. :smalltongue:

Jae
2008-08-11, 07:06 PM
I confess I know when to stop, but dont. or cant. Im not sure.

I also confess I dont think I was ever this honestly hurt in this way and it makes me crazy and vulnerable.

But most importantly, I think I confess that Im going to give up.
as hard as that is.

Duos Greanleef
2008-08-11, 07:09 PM
I confess that I lied to someone very close to me after he asked me a heartfelt question that was purely fore my benefit...:smallfrown:

Gem Flower
2008-08-11, 07:55 PM
I used to have a really stupid alternate Internet persona. I am still correcting the damage that was done. Forgive me, Playground.:smallfrown:

Felixaar
2008-08-11, 08:58 PM
I'm Therkla.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-11, 09:06 PM
I'm Therkla.

YOU ARE NOT!

I confess to being dishonest about some of my past love life with nearly all of my friends.

burninnapalm
2008-08-11, 09:09 PM
I confess that I am so tired that i cant sleep.

Felixaar
2008-08-11, 09:18 PM
YOU ARE NOT!

Blast.

Next time...

TheCountAlucard
2008-08-11, 10:23 PM
Over 90% of the PMs I've sent to my fellow Playgrounders have had the word "Haldo!" in the subject.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-11, 11:08 PM
I hold grudges against people.
For a very long time.

I dislike two or three people on GitP purely off of what I've heard about them, and I feel horrible about it, but I can't do anything to change that.

Ganurath
2008-08-11, 11:27 PM
I hold grudges against people.
For a very long time.

I dislike two or three people on GitP purely off of what I've heard about them, and I feel horrible about it, but I can't do anything to change that.You have just made me very paranoid.

Crispy Dave
2008-08-11, 11:35 PM
-I missed dinner becasue I was to lazy to get up tonight
-I pooped my pants wile watching The Forbidden Kingdom(too much pop that day)
-I dont have anything mor to confess

Thes Hunter
2008-08-11, 11:58 PM
The funny thing about these threads, for me, is that there's no room between the things I freely talk about (and therefore wouldn't count as confessing) and the things I would not post openly on the internet for the whole world to see.

So, basically, by the very definition involved, there's no confession I could possibly post here.

Ding! Same here.

Durp
2008-08-13, 12:46 AM
I personally sabotaged my dad's relationship with his girlfriend.
I havent brushed my teeth fora week and a half.
I punched my best friend in the throat because he said my dog was fat.
I am constantly afraid of monsters and zombies, everywhere i go.
I have not lied once in this post.

Copacetic
2008-08-13, 12:55 AM
-Sometimes, the difference between Bor's avatar depicting bloody triple homicide and his kind and caring nature scares me.
-My Best friend kind of annoys me.
-I listened to "It's a Brand New Day" From Dr.Horribles' Sing-Along blog more than is absolutely healthly.

Durp
2008-08-13, 12:59 AM
I personally sabotaged my dad's relationship with his girlfriend.
I havent brushed my teeth fora week and a half.
I punched my best friend in the throat because he said my dog was fat.
I am constantly afraid of monsters and zombies, everywhere i go.
I have not lied once in this post.

Dr. Horrible is awesome.

Durp
2008-08-13, 01:00 AM
oops, i quoted wrong thingy.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-13, 01:00 AM
I have said some horrible things tonight and earlier today that I know I will regret, given some time.
I just don't regret them right now.

Durp
2008-08-13, 01:01 AM
-Sometimes, the difference between Bor's avatar depicting bloody triple homicide and his kind and caring nature scares me.
-My Best friend kind of annoys me.
-I listened to "It's a Brand New Day" From Dr.Horribles' Sing-Along blog more than is absolutely health.

Dr. horrible rocks

Mr. Mud
2008-08-13, 01:02 AM
1 I once bear-hugged, then suplexed my friend into the street.
2 I haven't looked in the mirror for 8 days, in fear that I might confuse myself.
3 I once broke the rim while dunking in a basketball game.
4 I hope to be elected Big Grin in the playground whenever the next election is.
5 I still hope to be elected Big Grin itp.
6 Some times I read Macworld while completely nude.
7 I enjoy singing Journey in very high tones.

Durp
2008-08-13, 01:08 AM
i hate my best friend.
and my brother.

Agamid
2008-08-13, 01:09 AM
- i find myself repulsed by my cousin and once very best and dearest friend...
- i genuinely hate one of my family members. unfortunately for both of us we also live together.
- it's been three years and i still haven't told my mum, dad or any of my close friends that i was raped
- i'm lonely and homesick

Durp
2008-08-13, 01:10 AM
... What does suplex mean?

Cobra_Ikari
2008-08-13, 01:15 AM
It's a wrestling move, Durp.

For mine? I...can't say. I think I already confessed all to the person that matters most.

...though...

-I wish I could be angry. Every time I want to, I hold myself back. And yet, now, when others are angry, I don't know how to help. The only reason I can hold it back is because of how genuinely afraid of my anger I am.

...oh, and Agamid...*offers hug*...good luck. Don't let it consume you.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-13, 01:18 AM
Agadim, if you ever wanna talk, shoot me a PM... *also offers hug* :smallfrown:

Leigh
2008-08-13, 04:58 AM
- I...am...Iron man!!!!
- ...and also a pathological liar. jk.
- I say "just kidding" too much:smallsigh:
- I do some BIZARRE things just to make people laugh.
- Sadly, over half of them don't work.
- I'm obsessed with all music.
- My goal in life is to have a goal in life that's worth having.

...I can't think of anymore right now. Will be back later.:smallredface::smalltongue:

And Agamid, it must be hard for you to let it go. Telling someone is the first step.

randman22222
2008-08-13, 05:05 AM
If I caught a person raping another, I would kill them on the spot.

EDIT: @V: Not the victim... :smallsigh:

Charity
2008-08-13, 05:22 AM
Seems a bit harsh on the victim...

Anyhow
I confess it's all my fault.

theKOT
2008-08-13, 05:51 AM
-I pick my nose
-I think death note is the best thing I've ever seen or read(all books, shows, movies)
-I am vain and egocentrentic
-I like "closing time" more than "stairway to heaven"

Over 90% of the PMs I've sent to my fellow Playgrounders have had the word "Haldo!" in the subject.

would that make you mendelev or dongelev?

nothingclever
2008-08-13, 08:56 AM
I confess I think Death Note completely sucks because there was no true mystery and just L giving out random percentages of how likely it was that Light was Kira. There were multiple ways to solve the problem that were never used and Near only survived because he was lucky not because of his amazing deductive skills which no one had. Plus all the supposed clever reasoning simply came down to people second guessing themselves.

"Maybe Light is acting like Kira because he is Kira and he thinks that I'd never guess Kira would be willing to give away his identity so easily."
"Then again maybe Light is acting like Kira out of ignorance or simply trusts me enough not to suspect him as much anymore."
Any piece of evidence becomes pointless because each character has two ways of seeing things and it becomes a bad comedy routine of "maybe he did because he thought I knew that he knew that I knew he might not know he did know..."

Also when there was problem with the plot some bs was just thrown in such as a really cowardly/slow/whatever Death God that let Mellow push him around because he lost his book which gave him the perfect bodyguard to stop the troops from taking him out.

Arioch
2008-08-13, 09:14 AM
I've never seen a real horror movie, nor do I want to.
I take a quiet pride in sorting things alphabetically.
I like Yu-Gi-Oh, especially the bits where the card games are minimal and the attention is on the plot.
I don't much mind CAD, Dominic Deegan or the Inheritance trilogy, though I admit that snarking about DD in the DD thread is much more fun than the comic itself.
I didn't like Lord of the Rings all that much.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-13, 09:19 AM
If I caught a person raping another, I would kill them on the spot.

EDIT: @V: Not the victim... :smallsigh:

Yea a lot of people would... Myself included... Sad thing is the person would have legal issues too... since the US justice system is cooky...

"In the Halls of Justice, the only justice is in the Halls" :smallfrown:

loopy
2008-08-13, 09:31 AM
Though I've had (and self-sabotaged) many relationships relationships in the past, to this day I haven't gone out with a single girl who I've actually liked*. This is a problem for me as I can't stop the combination of flirting, teasing, and caring that apparently makes me girl bait.

Yes, I've unintentionally become a player. No, I don't feel good about what I do.

* By liked I mean that romantically. I've liked the girls well enough.

mangosta71
2008-08-13, 10:45 AM
I have never seen Pulp Fiction.

I hated Titanic, Chicago, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and probably a bunch of other "great" movies.

People think that I'm a lot nicer than I actually am.

I often fantasize about beating people into unconsciousness just to make them shut the &%@$ up. I don't think my desire has ever been seen on my face, though. (Guess that goes along with the last one.)

I absolutely despise one of the officers in my WoW guild.

I'm not the degenerate everyone in my guild believes me to be.

I love it when women on vent tell me I have a sexy voice.

Jibar
2008-08-13, 10:49 AM
Yea a lot of people would...

That this is a line of conversation that I want to discuss, but some would disagree. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Genovese)

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-13, 11:02 AM
I have said some horrible things tonight and earlier today that I know I will regret, given some time.
I just don't regret them right now.

K. I regret them now.

Ego Slayer
2008-08-13, 11:13 AM
I absolutely despise one of the officers in my WoW guild.
Heheh. There's a high-up in mine who I don't despise, but she irks me a bit. >.>
And there's another who irks me because I swore when I died in the middle of Nightbane. They'll swear to hell and back, but the ONE common thing I said I got told off for.

Confession, I often have a dislike for people in charge. Especially if they're kinda cold.

I love it when women on vent tell me I have a sexy voice.
I love it when anyone in vent has a sexy voice. It's like... oh my god. And I love it when there are other females in vent. There aren't enough of us. They never outnumber the guys. :smalltongue:

mangosta71
2008-08-13, 11:16 AM
I love it when anyone in vent has a sexy voice. It's like... oh my god. And I love it when there are other females in vent. There aren't enough of us. They never outnumber the guys. :smalltongue:

So true. One of the great tragedies in life is that only about 10% of the people who actively play in my guild are women.

loopy
2008-08-13, 11:17 AM
GitP has a vent? What are the details?

mangosta71
2008-08-13, 11:19 AM

Not that I'm aware of. If I'm on vent, it's because I'm raiding.

Ego Slayer
2008-08-13, 11:23 AM
No, we're talking about WoW and vent.

loopy
2008-08-13, 11:26 AM
No, we're talking about WoW and vent.

Have to say that I'm more than slightly disappointed. :(

mangosta71
2008-08-13, 11:59 AM
Back on topic, what really makes me hate him is he's so selfish. He pulls strings to get his girlfriend invited to raids even though we have plenty of other available hunters with better gear and more experience. He plays a fury warrior; I'm a rogue. He uses his position to attend every single raid while I get benched half the time, even though my output is consistently equivalent if not superior to his. He arranges groups to maximize his personal dps, often gimping the raid as a whole. He wants every plate dps piece, but he also makes me bid obscene amounts to win leather because he wants it, too. To top it all off, he intends to claim our first warglaives, even though they're best in-slot for rogues and the speed of the offhand makes them subpar for warriors (which has been pointed out to him many times by people of all different classes). He says that he deserves them because he's more committed to the guild. Oh really? Who was it that spent 10k out of his own pocket to level JC just so the guild would have one? Which one of us voluntarily backed out of raiding while his connection was screwed up for a couple months, and which one of us kept using his position to go even though his connection was an issue that held the group back? Which of us tried a different spec that sacrificed his personal dps to increase the raid's overall dps? (note: Hemo increases total raid dps by 100-200. However, my personal dps fell by more than 400. He would lose a lot less, and increase the raid's by a lot more, by speccing into arms.)

/rantoff

Durp
2008-08-13, 01:24 PM
I used to have a GM who was a total D bag. Him and his girlfriend.

Alleine
2008-08-13, 02:14 PM
-I've been ITP for a while now and have only stepped out of the Gaming forum twice(this being the second time)
-I'm scared to death of what my best friends think of me
-I could easily tell my darkest secrets to a total stranger and not care at all
-I am not addicted to skittles in any way, I can totally quit whenever I want to... I just don't want to:smallbiggrin:
-Whenever I like someone I do nothing about it for months which tears me up inside.
-I shot a man in Reno once, because he ate my pie
-I get so lost into most books that after I put the book down I unconsciously believe situations in the real world are similar to the book (ex: Raining in the book, I'll believe that it's been raining IRL when I set the book down, even though its middle of the day in summer and its 100 degrees outside with no clouds in sight)
-I think my confessions are getting too long

AWM
2008-08-13, 02:39 PM
I confess . . .

I cheated on my ex
I spend too many hours on the internet at work doing things non work related
I’ve only been to the gym once so far this month
I stopped calling a girl because she bored me
I spend too much money eating out
I’m not grateful enough for the good things in my life
It bothers me that coworkers make fun of the fact that my boss likes me
I’m glad that my sister and I don’t talk often
I watched sailor moon when I was a kid
I hate cilantro

-awm

Staven
2008-08-13, 03:06 PM
My best friend and I often clash on trivial things, and it kills me a little.
I have seriously considered dying instead of going back to the hellhole people like to call school.
I'm anticipating the new WoW expansion so much that I'm actually having dreams about Death Knights that get more detailed and immersive each night.
I treat my brother horribly just because we're often at cross purposes.
I don't think that episodic gameplay is as good as everyone says it is.
On that note, I didn't enjoy the Half Life games as much as everyone else did.
There are times when I wish that I'd actually be better off as one of my characters, despite the fact that people are constantly trying to kill him. At least they don't hide that they hate him.
I resent my DnD group for thinking themselves to be smarter than me.

Durp
2008-08-13, 03:09 PM
I've personally strongholded my house because i'm afraid of rage zombies.
I smashed a bottle over someone's head and sent him to the hospital.
I suckerpunched my teacher.
I hate my best friend.
My brother's a jerk.

Zarrexaij
2008-08-13, 03:25 PM
I hated Titanic, Chicago, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and probably a bunch of other "great" movies.Ugh, me too.

My mother and my half-brother love RHPS, but personally I can't stand watching it for any length of time.

I'm a physically fragile person. It's so easy for me to bruise or to get hurt. It really does suck.

I only recently watched 2001: A Space Odyssey in full, instead of stopping at one point. It confused the hell out of me. :smallfrown:

I wish my room mate was here. :smallsigh:

Jade Falcon
2008-08-14, 01:45 AM
- I have never read Lord of the Rings or seen the movies

- I have never seen Firefly or Serenity

- I have never owned a gaming console

- I once was an hardcore trekkie

- I hate World of Warcraft (DAoC >all)

- I´ve lost the most important part of my life through sheer unbelievable stupidly and selfishness

Calamity
2008-08-14, 05:55 AM
I confess that I have trouble conveying sympathy for other people. It's not that I don't have it, it's that I never seem to able to show it.

I confess that I'm one of the most unreliable people I've met.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-14, 12:18 PM
Everytime I hear this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFLF-gh4C2M), I play air piano. I wish I hadn't dropped from Piano lab after the first class to spend more time with my ex.
That is possibly one of my worst regrets...
That I've never learned how to play piano, and that I'll never be able to play that myself.

Castaras
2008-08-14, 01:15 PM
I wrote out a whole post in answer to the spam.

It's in notepad at the moment.

Wulfmaster
2008-08-14, 02:10 PM
I confess:

I can't stand the Beatles or the Rolling Stones.
I once started a rumor that news papers were putting mind altering chemicals in the ink to make the readers more succeptiable to their stories, and then started believing it myself (to this day I won't touch the free papers they hand out on the corners here after work).
I have only seen like three episodes of Firefly (but I have watched Serenity).
I have a deeper "innie" than any other man I know.
In the second grade, I hit a first grade neighbor on the head with a rock, and blamed another first grade neighbor.
I slept with several married women when I was younger.
I once wrote a screenplay about evil mind controlling POGS (anyone remember those), but deleted it without ever letting anyone else read it because I can't stand criticism
I'm far more emotional than any man should be and cry when watching movies/reading books.

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-14, 02:30 PM
-Bor`s Avatar kinda disturbes me...rdilpb
-I have never seen the LotR movies, or read the books.

-I mocked FF 7 in front of a bunch of fanboys just to watch their response.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-14, 03:13 PM
I've told FFVII Fanboys that Kefka was a better villain...

Cristo Meyers
2008-08-14, 03:17 PM
-I mocked FF 7 in front of a bunch of fanboys just to watch their response.

I've told FFVII Fanboys that Kefka was a better villain...

These are not confessions. These are things to be stated with pride.

zeratul
2008-08-14, 03:58 PM
These are not confessions. These are things to be stated with pride.

Oh no you didn't :smalltongue:. You prefer giant funny looking clown man over Sephiroth? Really?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-14, 04:01 PM
Oh no you didn't :smalltongue:. You prefer giant funny looking clown man over Sephiroth? Really?

Kefka makes me happy =D

It seems that while Clowns creep me out, all of my favorite characters are "clowns".
The Joker, Harley Quinn, Kefka, Belial from Angel Sanctuary....

Oh. Confession, right.

I am not nearly as happy as I lead people to believe, most of the time.

nothingclever
2008-08-14, 04:17 PM
One time I spilled milk and I cried over it even though it wasn't worth it.

shadowxknight
2008-08-14, 05:00 PM
-I've been sorely tempted to beat up a mentally challenged dude.
-I think I have a problem with playing too much computer/video games.
-Sometimes when I'm driving a there's someone(usually old) walking in front of me, I really want to honk my horn or something to get them to move faster.
-I like to blame my problems on others.

Shraik
2008-08-14, 05:57 PM
I want a zombie invasion just to prove that I could survive it, fix it, then control what's left with complete ease.

Lilly
2008-08-14, 11:25 PM
-I think Serpentine is my evil twin
-Finding Nemo is my favorite movie
-I have way too many projects going on at once (current count is 7+ and only 3 are crafts)

Shades of Gray
2008-08-14, 11:35 PM
-I once counted to infinity... Twice

-I stare at random people in public, just to see if they notice.

Khanderas
2008-08-15, 02:13 AM
As a villain ? When that crazy clownman is Kefka yes.
Sofar the ONLY videogame character I verbally abused, threatened and ment it. I wanted that clown dead. Dead dead DEAD!
So I confess: I have stood up, pointed at Kefka on the screen and swore I would kill him. I was serious.

Leigh
2008-08-15, 05:23 AM

-I stare at random people in public, just to see if they notice.

*mouth drops open*
You. Are my hero.
Hmm? Oh yeah, confessions...
I am hopelessly addicted to Gatorade and haven't had a bottle in about a week. I'm dead already. :smallsigh:

randman22222
2008-08-15, 05:25 AM

Psh. I counted to infinity going by square roots of negative numbers. And I used the decimal forms of the numbers.

I think I might actually be getting a tea addiction. :smalltongue:
EDIT: Oh, and I don't practice my guitar nearly as much as I should.
EDIT3: Or my bassoon.

EDIT2: @V: Heh, I stopped playing my clarinet. I just don't like it. Switched to Tenor Sax, and it's a load more fun.

Castaras
2008-08-15, 05:32 AM
EDIT: Oh, and I don't practice my guitar nearly as much as I should

Same. And my Clarinet. And my Keyboard.

Dryken
2008-08-16, 12:00 AM
- I'm going to be writing a comic featuring three artists and I'm terrified that everyone will think my writing is crap.

- I cried after just seeing V for Vendetta and I hate that film (comic is good though)

- I hate Frank Miller

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-16, 02:10 AM
- I enjoyed both the film and the comic for V For Vendetta...
Please, fanboys, don't kill me :smalleek:

Serpentine
2008-08-18, 09:58 PM
-I think Serpentine is my evil twinAw, evil?:smallfrown: How about your neutral twin? :smallwink: Kinda cool, though... How, if'n you don't mind my asking? >intrigue'd<

Collin152
2008-08-18, 10:13 PM
Aw, evil?:smallfrown:

What's wrong with being evil?

Jae
2008-08-19, 12:02 AM
I think im going to confess that being selfless is sometimes the most painful thing you could possibly do.

and not like oh well i did this selfless act here because i helped somebody else out kinda selfless, but trulyhonestlyselfless?

it's hard. :smallfrown: and thinking so makes me feel evil

Also, I confess im worried that life really does consist of cycles and that things i told myself years ago would stop/have stopped, really havent and really wont.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-19, 02:30 AM
I think Kaylee Frye is the absloute most AWESOME character I've ever seen in a work of fiction.
Bar none.

I like FFVIII and Hated IX, have never even seen X played and never put in more than a couple hours for XII. FFVII Bored me - but I assure yo, the reason for this had nothing to do with the game, itself.

I'm honestly confused when people ask "Don't you respect yourself?" and answer honestly when I say "No." They all think I'm looking for sympathy.

My heart is bigger than my head, and despite a silver tongue, would make a horrible con-man.

I've got others, but they're slightly too personal for here.

happyturtle
2008-08-19, 03:03 AM
I don't give my dog as much exercise as she deserves
I think Romeo would have cheated on Juliet within 6 months if they hadn't died.
I really liked the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie
I like Hershey chocolate better than Cadbury or Galaxy
After I left my first husband, I slept with the lights on for the next three months. I have no idea why. I wasn't afraid of him or anything.

Arioch
2008-08-19, 09:56 AM
I am not a nice person, and have a certificate to prove it.

Pyrian
2008-08-19, 11:13 AM
I think Romeo would have cheated on Juliet within 6 months if they hadn't died.Oh, wow, you need to make that a T-shirt or something. :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-19, 01:11 PM
I just started reading Girl Genius(The Webcomic). Please don't kill me Curly...

Edit :

I really didn't read "The Silmarillion." I just listened to the book on tape.
V : Blasphemy if you claimed so! Atleast say just listened to the book on tape...

Callista
2008-08-19, 03:12 PM
I cheated on my seventh grade math placement test. I turned out to be so "advanced" that they put me in eighth grade. I graduated high school with a 4.0. I was never caught...

I know I want to stay single, and I know kids do better with two parents--but I melt every time I see a baby.

Natural disasters fascinate me--even horrible ones, like Hurricane Katrina. It's not like I want anyone to get hurt; they're just so amazing and powerful.

I really didn't read "The Silmarillion." I just listened to the book on tape.

If I could, I'd become a superhero--if possible, without the Spandex.

Purple Cloak
2008-08-19, 04:18 PM
- I have a distinct hatred of text speak and those who use it, including the online equvilents.

- My default opinion of people when I meet them, but before I get to know them, and even 80% of the time after I do is 'Dislike' (this doe's not count on the internet, I've never met any of you)

- Somtimes when I hear people whining about 'The end of the world' I want them to be right so that they will shut the hell up already.

- I'll mock anyone if I think their responce will amuse me.

- I hate star trek

- I'm very close to swearing off romance on a permanant duration, I just don't feel its worth the hassle sometimes, but maybe I'm bitter due to my last relationship.

Oh, and I spend far too much time inside on forums and gaming than is healthy.