PDA

View Full Version : Finally I achived something

Exeson
2008-07-31, 04:05 PM
So I sorry to those people who think this is boasting (in a way it probbably is) but I just got an e-mail from my coach that says RGS Guildford (my school) are soon going to be the National Independent School Judo Champions!! Wooo. *grin*

Basically it turns out that the other school that beat us won illegally, because they entered fighters who do not go to the school. (how they manged to get away with it confuses me) So a letter has been sent to them asking why they did this and requesting them to return the trophy and it will then be awarded to us.

On the day I was really disappointed that we had not won the trophy despite both our captain James, Ryan and myself winning gold medals (and therefore the title of national independent school judo champions for the U16 U73 kilo U14 U60 and the U16 U81 kilo respectively) as well as two bronzes and a silver meaning (6 out of 9 of our fighters won medals) And it feels amazing to find out actually all our effort actually did pay off.

And the best thing? It was the first competition our school entered a team!

I'm not too sure why im posting this but I'm so happy! I just gotta share, Its amazing to know that I was a part of achieving something pretty cool.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-31, 04:11 PM
So I sorry to those people who think this is boasting (in a way it probbably is) but I just got an e-mail from my coach that says RGS Guildford (my school) are soon going to be the National Independent School Judo Champions!! Wooo. *grin*

Basically it turns out that the other school that beat us won illegally, because they entered fighters who do not go to the school. (how they manged to get away with it confuses me) So a letter has been sent to them asking why they did this and requesting them to return the trophy and it will then be awarded to us.

On the day I was really disappointed that we had not won the trophy despite both our captain James, Ryan and myself winning gold medals (and therefore the title of national independent school judo champions for the U16 U73 kilo U14 U60 and the U16 U81 kilo respectively) as well as two bronzes and a silver meaning (6 out of 9 of our fighters won medals) And it feels amazing to find out actually all our effort actually did pay off.

And the best thing? It was the first competition our school entered a team!

I'm not too sure why im posting this but I'm so happy! I just gotta share, Its amazing to know that I was a part of achieving something pretty cool.

Grongratulations Exeson.

And for a strange reason I have a urge to put a c in your name somewhere...

Lord Tataraus
2008-07-31, 04:28 PM
Sweet!! I had a "so close" moment a few years back. It was in the International FIRST Robotics Competition, it was a tie going into match three to see who would go to semifinals and everyone was at the edge of their seats waiting for one fatal call - a penalty, on the other team. They should have got called on it and we were furious that they didn't and we lost by 5 points (it would have been a 10 point penalty). That team then went on to win the championship, but that should have been us :smallmad:

CrazedGoblin
2008-07-31, 05:16 PM
cool nice one :smallbiggrin:

Tom_Violence
2008-07-31, 05:23 PM
Grongratulations Exeson.

Make it a 'c' and a 'u' and you'll have what sounds like a cross between a business consultant and ED209!

EXECUSON-209: "You have illegally filed your timesheet! You have 10 seconds to comply!"

Pyro
2008-07-31, 05:53 PM
Grongratulations Exeson.

Perhaps you're reminded of the user Exachix...?

Hoggy
2008-08-01, 11:49 AM
JUDOoooooooooooo... CHOP!

Lord Herman
2008-08-01, 12:38 PM
That's great, Exeson! Congratulations!