PDA

View Full Version : Video game d&d characters (3.5)

Kool-Aid
2008-07-31, 04:26 PM
I was looking for some ways to incorporate nintendo characters into 3.5 edition d&d, however I suck so progress isn't going so well. So anyone who has any ideas for characters, list feats, equipment and anything else you want.

I'm mostly looking for Link (any version you feel like) and Mario, but post any character ideas you want, it'd be nice to have a guide for anyone interested.

Frosty
2008-07-31, 04:28 PM
I wonder how we'd stat Samus...

AKA_Bait
2008-07-31, 04:29 PM
Search no more. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11603&highlight=Mario)

The Homebrew forums are your friends for things like this.

Sinfire Titan
2008-07-31, 04:30 PM
Mario=Warlock 4/Cleric 3/Eldritch Disciple10

Link: Has been done so many times, I can't say. Most agree that the recent incarnations can be represented with Warblade 20. But for a spellcasting version, you may need a few different builds.

Stupendous_Man
2008-07-31, 04:31 PM
I wonder how we'd stat Samus...

warforged warlock?

Kool-Aid
2008-07-31, 04:33 PM
WOW, that was fast, thanks for the link.

Frosty
2008-07-31, 04:37 PM
a bit off topic, but does anyone else think the Magma Golem in MM5 looks a hell of a lot like Samus?

Tengu_temp
2008-07-31, 04:38 PM
warforged warlock?

She's human underneath that armor. Fighter with lots of ranks in Jump and very good equipment.

AslanCross
2008-07-31, 04:39 PM
warforged warlock?

This kind of fails to represent how she's a rather attractive blonde woman underneath the armor, though.

Pie Guy
2008-07-31, 04:54 PM
Maybe penetrating shot for samus, and some ranks in tumble?

KillianHawkeye
2008-07-31, 06:53 PM
Maybe penetrating shot for samus, and some ranks in tumble?

I'm trying to decide if that was supposed to be dirty or not. :smallwink:

JeminiZero
2008-07-31, 08:08 PM
I would think that the classic Mario would be better described as someone who could deal huge amounts Falling Damage (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1014017) (and yes I copied that from the hilarious moments thread).

Samus is a little trickier, since you have to seperate which of her abilities are innate, and which are from the suit. You could have her as a largely normal human (with high Charisma) and heavily enchanted equipment (Massive Jump bonus, immunity to falling damage, at-will Blast attack).

chiasaur11
2008-07-31, 08:19 PM
I would think that the classic Mario would be better described as someone who could deal huge amounts Falling Damage (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1014017) (and yes I copied that from the hilarious moments thread).

Samus is a little trickier, since you have to seperate which of her abilities are innate, and which are from the suit. You could have her as a largely normal human (with high Charisma) and heavily enchanted equipment (Massive Jump bonus, immunity to falling damage, at-will Blast attack).

To be fair, even without the suit she's a good shot and has a few enhanced abilities due to Chozo blood and training.

Frosty
2008-07-31, 08:35 PM
I'm trying to decide if that was supposed to be dirty or not. :smallwink:

Does her Screw Attack require a minimum ranks in Tumble to use?

Kool-Aid
2008-07-31, 09:58 PM

I think I recall some sort of monk feat that let you drop-kick your enemies, don't remember where though. For link's spells I was thinking of a spell from the complete arcane,for din's fire, but I can't find my copy. Teleport or Dimension Door for farore's wind, nayru's love would be a bit overpowered though, so I'm trying to think around that (my memory is a bit hazy I think it prevented all damage?) Wow I haven't played that in a while, I'm going to have to get a new copy, my old one is trashed.

Samus would have to have some sort of permanent enchantments on her suit, like polymorph for the morph ball, she probably had fast movement too.

Also, it says human strong 4, what exactly does that mean, and where can I find it?

RTGoodman
2008-07-31, 10:24 PM
Also, it says human strong 4, what exactly does that mean, and where can I find it?

That link you quoted won't work for me, so I can't be sure, but it could be something from the d20 Modern system. Instead of a multitude of classes, d20 Modern's classes are Strong Hero, Tough Hero, and stuff like that (one for each of the six ability scores). Strong is the one that focuses on Strength (of course).

Kool-Aid
2008-07-31, 10:36 PM
That link you quoted won't work for me, so I can't be sure, but it could be something from the d20 Modern system. Instead of a multitude of classes, d20 Modern's classes are Strong Hero, Tough Hero, and stuff like that (one for each of the six ability scores). Strong is the one that focuses on Strength (of course).

Yeah tough was also listed so I'm fairly certain that's what it was, thanks.

Kiara LeSabre
2008-07-31, 10:48 PM
She's human underneath that armor. Fighter with lots of ranks in Jump and very good equipment.

Actually, she's metahuman under that armor because they did something with their DNA or whatever mixed into hers so that she's "more than human" even outside the suit. She'd probably still kick PIS-free Batman all over the block (the comics Batman, not the wizardly one) with just her fists and feet, is what I'm saying here.

It's just that in the suit, she ...

Yeah.