PDA

View Full Version : Plotless v2.0.

Mee
2008-07-31, 05:54 PM
One day, in the town Grimthwahkle, the dwarf, Vulpastrum, was in the bar/tavern.
Getting drunk, or, whatever he's doing.
Maybe eating, it's hard to tell.

Murphy was out, in the . . . uhh . . . longbow shop. Buying his longbow, which he just finished doing.
He feels an odd tugging to go to the bar.
But he could resist it.

Tharivol was in the same longbow shop.
He just finished shopping.
He also feels that tug. But, again, resistible.

RJ was . . . also in the tavern. Doing . . . whatever he does.
He doesn't feel the tug. Since he's already there.

Jack was in the church, praying.
He feels the tug too.
Again, resistible.

((Note: None of you know each other.
And the adventure won't start until you're all in the tavern.
And I'll describe the tavern in the next post.
Nothing else needs descriptions, unless you start exploring.
Like a few people that I normally DM for.))

The players:
Firefox: Vulpastrum. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=49593)
Bene: Murphy. (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=15758)
Tacitus: Tharivol. (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=15761)
rpgramen: RJ Maeve (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=4124)
Gamgee: Jack. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=70970)

Now role playing.

FireFox
2008-07-31, 06:34 PM
Hm, I still remember that darn rabbit, I need more booze... Oh well, at least it's all over... I look around the tavern.

Mee
2008-07-31, 06:38 PM
It's a tavern.
About 30 by 50 feet, with various NPCs in it, most eating, drinking, and a few playing poker.
Feel free to join, if you want.

rpgramen
2008-07-31, 06:49 PM
RJ Maeve (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=4124)

"Hey cutie," RJ began, scooting his way into a nearby seat beside a rather lanky gnome woman, aptly garbed in adventuring wear of the studded leather variety, poorly complimenting her figure and leaving a lot to the imagination... but RJ, frankly, didn't really care. He wasn't picky in the least, so long as they didnt look like an orc and didnt smell of elderberries. "Wanna go up to my room and see my Rod of Enlargement?"

And so it began anew. Every day it was the same, dreary routine: RJ would wake up, pay his daily rent early with what little coin he had left, and then proceed to attempt to pick up any number of women that seemed like the adventurous sort. In this particular case, Gloria the gnome rogue wasn't too terribly inticed by RJ's nymphish ways. With one, swift kick, she landed a solid blow right where the sun doesnt shine, and moves on to sit with the rest of her party, cheap booze in tow.

"So I take it that's a maybe?" the unrelenting rogue squeaks out between throbs of pain, both to his pride and body as he battles to stay on his stool. If it weren't for that small, almost non-existant shred of dignity the poor beguiler had, he'd have long since used his magic for his own social means... but that kinda ruins half the fun.

Tacitus
2008-07-31, 08:11 PM
Tharivol Siannodel, Summoner

A twitch of annoyance caused his right eye and ear to fidget as he subconsciously attempted to determine the cause of this strange feeling. He had wanted to examine the bow further and perhaps test its remarkable craftsmanship in conjunction with his elven grace once more but now he was simply annoyed. He nodded to the bowyer in thanks in the wake of the completed transaction and he himself heads outside. He pauses for a moment and snaps towards a mound of snow and ice which they begins to move! Shaking free a layer of frost something that appears to be a camel made entirely of the deepest blue ice wanders over to Tharivol and makes a strange lowing noise mixed with the cracking of ice. He scratches the ice camel upon the head and heads off to find the cause of this damnable sensation in his skull.

Conjure Ice Beast cast and extended to 24 hour duration last night before his period of rest.

Ice Camel
HP: 60
AC: 19
Attack: +0 Bite
Damage: 1d4+2
Special Attack: Swift Action each turn to project a cold aura, dealing 1d6 cold damage.

Mee
2008-07-31, 08:28 PM
((Laughs at the posts so far.
Okay, let's see.))
The outside of the inn is . . . fairly nondescript.
With a sign above the door saying:

The Polywally Doodely Tavern.

Gamgee
2008-07-31, 11:03 PM
Jack

He had been praying at the temple for a long time now, finally after hours of this he felt a pull and a tug. A feeling, he needed to do something, and the gods were telling him this. He could resist it, but why! They clearly wanted something of him, now what? He quickly got up and took one last look at the altar. Finally he made his way out of the temple, a bit of ale might help him think about what mighty deed the gods needed him to do. After leaving the temple he heads to the nearest tavern all the while whistling a little tune.

Mee
2008-08-01, 04:12 PM
((All we need now is Bene, and the 'fun' can begin.
Also, no, I don't know why I'm doing this in a spoiler.))
A note falls to Vulp, which he might just remember. ((The notes, that is.))

Hi again. :smallbiggrin:

Szilard
2008-08-01, 05:01 PM
Boo.

I scared you.

FireFox
2008-08-01, 09:25 PM
...:smalleek: Pelor give me strength. And some booze. :smallsigh:

Mee
2008-08-01, 09:28 PM
The bartender shows up with the booze about then.
"You wanted this?"

FireFox
2008-08-01, 09:29 PM
Eh, no. I need to be sober for this. :smallsigh: Hm, I wonder if I should just ignore them again, maybe I won't be sucked into anything...

Mee
2008-08-01, 09:40 PM
"Fine. Suit'cher self."
He leaves.

Awww. :smallfrown: You don't like me?

FireFox
2008-08-01, 09:42 PM
You practically kidnapped me andI had to fight my way outof that hellhole! :smallannoyed: Well yore not doing it again, ya hear!?

Mee
2008-08-01, 09:52 PM
Yet another note:
I did no- . . . wait. Yeah I did.
Never mind. :smallredface::smallsmile:
Fine, fine.
I won't.
Now, let's give everyone else some time to post, okay?

FireFox
2008-08-01, 09:54 PM
Vulp resumes ignoring them.

((:smalltongue:))

Gamgee
2008-08-01, 11:15 PM
OCC: Going out of town tomorrow. Should be back Monday, if we decide to stay out then possibly Tuesday... but probably Monday.

Mee
2008-08-02, 12:11 AM
((Okay, then should we go on without you?
If you want, I'll drag you along.))

Gamgee
2008-08-02, 11:02 AM
OCC: Oh feel free to drag me along.

Benejeseret
2008-08-02, 12:19 PM
Murphy

Murphy looks down to his handful of change as he exits the store. Great, he thinks, another blasted foreign coin! Now what forsaken shopkeep would ever take such a thing - blast it all. His hellborn eyes blaze with infernal energies for but a moment. The blaze frightens a nearby black cat who runs off, tripping a errand boy carrying a load of china, whose shattering smash startles a nearby cart-horse, who takes off feverishly through the streets sending the young lovers smooching in the wagon's rear tumbling over the rear railing, whose fall startles a nearby pigeon, who flies over Murphy and defecates on his shoulder.

As he broods and storms his way out of the market area he feels the tug. The pull that could mean only one thing. Someone must be gambling nearby and calling on Luck. This must be stopped. He stalks this feeling until it brings him before the tavern.

Mee
2008-08-02, 04:13 PM
((Okay, we'll drag you.))

Once everyone is in the tavern, a cry of: "Food for all!" From a rich looking NPC.

A few minutes later, food is brought to everyone.

((Note: If you didn't see, the PCs don't know each other.
So I would recommend talking to each other over the food.))

Tacitus
2008-08-02, 04:43 PM
Tharivol

The large ice-camel is left outside once again to do whatever it is an ice-construct does while the summoner heads inside. He raises a brow at the strange offering of food for all and calmly takes a seat to look over the food briefly. A shimmer of light runs over his right and and he quickly surveys the offering to check for poisons. He does not expect it to be poisoned but the offering from nowhere without an explanation seems strange.

Mee
2008-08-02, 05:16 PM
It's not poisoned.
It's safe.

It looks a bit greasy, but edible.

Benejeseret
2008-08-03, 10:49 AM
The Hellborn takes a plate and while heading back to his seat stumbles over Tharivol. A small bit of food now stains Murphy's tunic next to the bird feces.

"Sorry mate. Things never go smoothly for me lately. Here hoping none of this mess got you." he apologizes to the man as he sits near him.

Tacitus
2008-08-03, 08:08 PM
Tharivol

The summoner glares at the Hellborn, "If I were not being treated to a complimentary meal I might have my beast outside eat you alive. For you are crunchy and taste good with crushed tomatoes."

Gamgee
2008-08-04, 03:53 PM
Jack the Paladin walks into the bar just in time to hear the announcement of freed food and beer, mainly beer. He quickly walks over to some funny looking people and sits down, his immense size due to his bulky armor offends some people as they have to squeeze over to fit him in. After he is seated he immediately starts having his fill of all the local beverages of choice.

OCC: Okay Jack is going to be drinking the strongest stuff at the table. Will a fortitude save be needed? Also I am back.

Tacitus
2008-08-04, 04:21 PM
((Save DC against taking 1d2 Wis and Dex varies from 10 to 15 depending on the strength of the alcohol. Weak ale is a mere ten where dangerously strong spirits are a 15. Some unique ales have alternate effects. For each pint (or shot, or other unit of measure) you drink within one hour after the first you take a penalty on the save. 1st no penalty, 2nd -1, 3rd -2, 4th -4, 5th -8, etc. Best this place should have is maybe a 13 if they have dwarven lager.))

Mee
2008-08-04, 09:52 PM
((. . . thanks, Tacitus.
Anyway, I'll try to advance things along in about . . . well, less then 24 hours.

And yeah, Fort is needed.))

The barmaid brings Jack his drink, but warns him: "Dwarven ale, is not for the weak of stomach."

Tacitus
2008-08-04, 10:11 PM
((Hey, I have the arms and equipment guide and if I can't use it for awesome vehicles, I'm going to at least abuse the intoxication rules. XD))

Mee
2008-08-04, 10:49 PM
((Thanks anyway.
Actually, if you send me a few things, I could add some vehicles.

Just PM me the info for the ones you want, and I'll add them.))

Benejeseret
2008-08-06, 11:46 AM
Murphy's eyes narrow, "You mean that block of ice outside? So you are the ones whose privates must be continuously numb." He scouches over a few more and mumbles, "numbnuts" in the summoners direction.

Mee
2008-08-06, 02:25 PM
((Okay, I'm sorry, but this week has been really busy.
And will continue to be.

So I'll post when I can, but time will be limited.))

At this point, everyone that ate of the food will need a fort check.
(It was too greasy for (the people who fail's) stomach(s). )

Benejeseret
2008-08-06, 02:46 PM
{fort save [roll0]....in the odd, strange chance the food is magically greasy then add +5 to that roll :smallbiggrin: }

Mee
2008-08-06, 02:56 PM
((. . . it's not magically greasy.
Wait, yes it is! In an odd twist, the owners of this 'fine' tavern magically make the food too greasy!!!! :smalltongue:
Sure, +5.))

Gamgee
2008-08-06, 03:03 PM
OCC: Okay well I guess I will make two rolls since ol jack is drinking some type of alcoholic beverage.

As Jack starts to drink and then chug the beer he is given down he decides to add some nice and big greasy chicken legs to that. As they slide into his stomach he waits for a minute to see if his body thinks all is well.

[roll0] Drink
[roll1] Greasy Chicken

Tacitus
2008-08-06, 08:10 PM
Tharivol

The summoner glared at Murphy, "I heard that dammit! I'm an elf! I hear things! See the ears?! You don't ride it. Its not for riding. Its for trampling simpletons who are into scat play with b-LAARRGH!!!" He began throwing up all over the table from the greasy food having a REALLY bad effect on his stomach. As he was talking to Murphy some would inevitably become projectile vomit and just make the man's day that much worse.

Fort [roll0]

Mee
2008-08-06, 10:05 PM
Yeah, since Tharivol got a 1.
He has an overwhelming urge to go to the bathroom and puke.

Mee
2008-08-08, 04:38 PM
((Dragging))
As Tharivol enters the bathroom, the ground gives way, and he falls, screaming.

Everyone else in the tavern heard him, and they fall silent.

The PCs, being good heros, should go see what happened.

Gamgee
2008-08-09, 12:29 AM
OOC: Okay thanks for the results to those rolls about greasy food you had us make... good to know something happened.

Jack clearly unaffected by the beer and food gets up before anyone else and looking back to see if anyone at all would do anything, finally after a minute he turns his attention to the task at hand and boldly goes forward to see what the commotion is about.

Benejeseret
2008-08-09, 11:01 AM
Murphy was halfway to the rest rooms in the hopes of washing up his mess when he hears the tearing of wood and the scream. If that man managed to back up an outhouse in here I swear I'm goinna...

His thoughts are cutoff as he comes upon the hole in the floor. "Uh...you OK down there?" he pokes his head out of the room, "We might need some help over here, that loudmouth ice-lover seems to have gotten himself lost in a toilet."

Szilard
2008-08-09, 07:13 PM
The toilet flushes for aparently no reason.

Tacitus
2008-08-09, 07:33 PM
Tharivol

The elf glares up at Murphy when he pops his head in and throws up on his face with projectile vomit, making sure not to be in the way when it comes back down. He grumbles out loud, "Someone go get my damn camel."

Mee
2008-08-09, 11:11 PM
Holes open up under all the other PCs too.

Also, they're pretty deep.
And pitch black.

So no one can talk to each other.
Sorry, I forgot to mention.

Vulp might just remember this. :smallwink:

Benejeseret
2008-08-11, 08:13 PM
Murphy's call to the others is cut short as he plummets. Or rather, it cuts into an inaudible string of profanity.

As he falls he tries to grasp at anything available to slow his tumble and looks around desperately trying to learn where he has headed.

{Darkvision}

Mee
2008-08-11, 10:14 PM
He's headed down, but lands soon enough.

He's in a 15 by 30 foot room, it's completely empty, save for the rest of the PCs that are falling in.

There is a door on one wall.

It's also . . . fairly bright, oddly.

The fungus on the wall is glowing.

Mee
2008-08-16, 05:06 PM
((Um, anyone?
Anyone going to do anything?
Look at the door?
The room?

Anything?))

Tacitus
2008-08-16, 07:18 PM
Tharivol

He attacked the darkness.

With vomit.

Mee
2008-08-16, 10:03 PM
There is not darkness! It's light!
Like I said in my last post!

Even though, now, the darkness is dead, you killed it with the vomit. :smalltongue:

Also, everyone has landed in the room.

Tacitus
2008-08-16, 10:13 PM
((If there is light there is always darkness, even if it has to be in his shadow. Therefore he vomited in his shadow and killed it. XD))

Benejeseret
2008-08-17, 09:10 AM
Murphy checks on the others and helps everyone to their feet before setting off around the room. "Anyone know where we are?"

He avoids stepping on the dead darkness.

Mee
2008-08-17, 09:42 PM
((Okay, it's dead.))
Hey, look, a note falls!

I do! You are in a 15 by 30 foot room.
Boring, rock walls, and a ceiling about 8 feet up.

Tacitus
2008-08-17, 09:48 PM
Tharivol

He grumbles to himself, "I want my damn camel." He then proceeds to attack Murphy's darkness.

Mee
2008-08-18, 12:36 AM
Murphy's darkness is already dead.
Thank you for trying, though. :smalltongue:

So, door? Anyone?

Tacitus
2008-08-18, 12:49 AM
Tharivol

He throws up on the note because he thinks its darkness and needs to be attacked.

((I'm waiting to make sure everyone else is alive and didn't breath their necks when they fell or something. XD))

Mee
2008-08-18, 01:02 AM
((Okay, it's fine.
I enjoy this. :smalltongue:
I know at least Firefox is busy, and probably can't post until saturday, but probably can tomorrow.
However, I won't kick him out, since he does want to play, he just . . . is busy.))
The note is shredded, however, several thousand more fall on him.
All at the same time.

DC 15 Reflex to get out of the way.

((*Is tempted to give out XP for slain note*))

Tacitus
2008-08-18, 01:14 AM
Tharivol

Reflex: [roll0]

"Oh you sonuva-BLAAARGH!" He throws up, literally up, at the falling notes as he fails to move.

Mee
2008-08-18, 01:17 AM
((:smalltongue:))
The one note he an see a brief glimpse of, is:

Greetings, people of earth, to-
*Blank*
-ose are my cheeze its.
DON' TOUCH MY CHEEZE ITS!!!

Then they pile up on him, burying him under a several pounds of paper.

DC 10 STR check to turn purple, and throw them off of you.

Tacitus
2008-08-18, 01:18 AM
Tharivol

Strength Check: [roll0]

He easily lifts the paper off from him and throws some back at the ceiling, "BLAAAAARGH!" And throws up at it in a nauseated purple rage.

Mee
2008-08-18, 01:19 AM
The paper goes flying.

However, now you need a balance check to keep from slipping on all of your puke.

((Okay, I will admit, it is getting a little sad.
*Thinks of a plot twist*))

Benejeseret
2008-08-18, 03:25 PM
"You sir...are disgusting."

The hellborn tries to make his way around the puke, around the mass of strange papers, and makes for the door.

He tries the handle. ((opening))

Mee
2008-08-18, 11:36 PM
The door creaks, and opens, leading to . . . what appears to be void.
Pure blackness.

Tacitus
2008-08-19, 02:44 AM
Tharivol

He slips and falls, perhaps on purpose, and slides over towards the door on his back to attack the darkness beyond the door.

FireFox
2008-08-19, 04:36 PM
Vulpastrum finally wakes up and looks around whereever he fell.

No... Oh Pelor no... Why again... why? :smallsigh:

Mee
2008-08-19, 04:39 PM
A note falls on Vulp:

Well, I'm not Pelor, but I can tell you why this is happening.
It's because I'm an evil sadist. :smallamused:

The darkness is invincible! It laughs at your feeble attempt to hurt it!

However, after a few seconds, it does disappear, leaving a very surprised looking Drow on the other side.

FireFox
2008-08-19, 04:42 PM
I ignore the evil notes and look around, trying to make sure this is just another of my nightmares and not...

Mee
2008-08-19, 05:03 PM
It is not a nightmare.
Because even in your worst nightmare ever, this would not happen:
A bunny begins to sniff at Vulp's leg.

FireFox
2008-08-19, 05:13 PM
I stare at the bunny and attack it with my waraxe.

Axe: [roll0] +5...
Damage: [roll1] +3...

Mee
2008-08-19, 05:19 PM
Sooooo close to a crit. :smallsigh: Ah well.

The bunny dies.
The poor little thing.

As well, fresh meat.

FireFox
2008-08-19, 05:22 PM
((I can't believe I just wasted that high of a roll against a bunny. Just watch: Vulp is going to roll a two during real combat :smallsigh:))

I look around, wondering if I had avoided the chainsaws.

Spot: [roll0]

Mee
2008-08-19, 05:27 PM
Nope, no chainsaws. It was just a plain, boring rabbit.
However, you notice something.

Right after you killed the bunny, there was a slight . . . rumbling.

But it's stopped now.

FireFox
2008-08-19, 05:29 PM
I nervously try to get my back to the nearest wall.

Benejeseret
2008-08-19, 06:05 PM
Murphy stares at the Drow a few feet away, "Uh, hello...um, neighbor?"

Mee
2008-08-19, 08:56 PM
The drow looks around nervously, it looks fairly young, and is obviously scared.

The wall bites Vulp Vulp can lean against the wall.
What fun.

FireFox
2008-08-19, 09:33 PM
I grope for my holy symbol and steadily hold it out before me, looking around at my compatriots. Oh great Pelor, may you protect these poor youths from the horror of the Note Master...

Mee
2008-08-19, 09:39 PM
A note falls, basically, laughing evilly.

FireFox
2008-08-19, 09:41 PM
Vulp ignores it.

Mee
2008-08-20, 09:17 PM
The notes fall on Vulp.
Reflex to get out of the way.

FireFox
2008-08-20, 09:19 PM
Reflex: [roll0] +2...

Mee
2008-08-20, 09:35 PM
Enough.

They land in a piled heap next to Vulp.

The then explode.
Sending harmless paper everywhere.

Also, Drow, you going to do anything about that?

FireFox
2008-08-20, 09:45 PM
I dodge the exploding paper and eye the drow suspiciously. Who are ye and what do ye want?

Mee
2008-08-20, 09:47 PM
"I'm a drow.
I'm an NPC.
PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!!" :smalleek:

FireFox
2008-08-20, 09:54 PM
What are ye doing here?

Sense Motive: [roll0] +5...

Mee
2008-08-20, 09:55 PM
"I have no idea!
I was walking around!
DON'T KILL ME!!!"
His motive: Survival.

FireFox
2008-08-20, 10:02 PM
I sigh and look for a door, or anything else around that I have to do to continue.

Tacitus
2008-08-20, 10:14 PM
Tharivol

The summoner continued to grumble about his camel as he looked around, a faint blue light shimmering within his pupil to indicate that he was detecting magic.

Mee
2008-08-20, 10:22 PM
Let's see:
Vulp: Another door on the other side, and a treasure chest in the room.
Tharvy: The treasure chest is giving off hints of magic, and the Drow's weapon is as well.

FireFox
2008-08-20, 10:24 PM
I look around at the group of doomed souls who share the room with me. Any one of ye knows how to check a chest or door for traps?

Benejeseret
2008-08-20, 10:30 PM
"That seems easy enough. Don't kill us either. Do you know where we are?"

Tacitus
2008-08-20, 10:30 PM
Tharivol

He continues concentrating, attempting to see what sort of magic is in use.

Spellcraft: Drow [roll0] Chest [roll1]

((...both 19's. Both?!? Not complaining, but thats unlikely.))

Mee
2008-08-20, 11:06 PM
((Umm . . . you . . . Hacked it! Yes! That's it!
Ah well, 19s.))
Well, not sure as to what to put as the magic ((:smallredface:)) so, the Drow's dagger seems . . . colder then what should be normal. ((hint hint))

And the chest is full of . . . magically stuff.
What type, is undesired.
((See, it's like Schrodinger's box.))

"You're . . . in the dungeon of almost certain doom."

Tacitus
2008-08-20, 11:11 PM
Tharivol

He looked to the drow, "Lets be friends. If you help us here we might could pay you for your services. Being friends is awesome."

Diplomacy! [roll0]

Mee
2008-08-20, 11:52 PM
He is now friendly!

"Yay! Friends!
Being friends is awesome!"

Tacitus
2008-08-21, 01:47 PM
Tharivol

"So, friend, aside from the obvious ominous nature of this place, what else might ye know? I'd also be very appreciative if you could go open that door and then pop open that trunk. Doing nice things for friends is awesome."

Mee
2008-08-21, 03:53 PM
"Well, I don't know much more about this place, but sure!
Being friends is awesome!":smallbiggrin:
He opens the chest.
It's safe, then he goes to open the door, the door squeaks . . . then . . . BAM!
He trips.

It was safe too.
He sorta . . . smiles at Thary.
"Anything else I can do? Buddy?"
((He got an upgrade! 5 XP to the person who tells me what it is!))

FireFox
2008-08-21, 03:57 PM
I go to look in the chest first.

Mee
2008-08-21, 04:00 PM
The chest . . . has a bag in it.
Nothing more.
Nothing more, that you can see, that is.
With that awful spot check.

FireFox
2008-08-21, 04:01 PM
I go and listen at the side of the open door.

Listen: [roll0]

Mee
2008-08-21, 04:07 PM
You hear the crackle of a small fire, and a few voices, goblin, talking on the other side of the door.

FireFox
2008-08-21, 04:09 PM
I go back to look at the chest, thinking about going through the bag.

Edit: Are you serious!? The exact same roll! :smallsigh::smallannoyed:

Mee
2008-08-21, 04:16 PM
He spots nothing new.
Nothing at all.
((maybe a search?))

FireFox
2008-08-21, 04:20 PM
I search the chest for a false bottom or... well anything, the Evil Master of the Notes is nefarious... but it may have slipped up now...

Search: [roll0]

Mee
2008-08-21, 04:28 PM
Oh, only a ten.
Well, you don't find that false bottom you were looking for. (If there even is one)
Try again?
You have time.
No one else is doing anything.

FireFox
2008-08-21, 04:30 PM
I continue searching. Pelor has shown me that I must use my knowledge of the... EMotN... tohelp out my new compatriots...

So he takes 20...

Mee
2008-08-21, 04:42 PM
In the bottom is, in fact, a secret bottom.
If you open it, it isn't locked, or trapped, and, inside, is:
A large hunk of brown goo.
And no, it isn't sentient.
Sadly, there is no note, to say what this is.
But, it does glow, ever so softly.

FireFox
2008-08-21, 05:06 PM
I pick up the bag and look through it.

Search: [roll0]

Mee
2008-08-21, 06:14 PM
You find NOTHING in the bag even though it make noises like it's full of gold when you shake it.
You just don't fine it.
((*Laughs at the one*))

FireFox
2008-08-21, 06:18 PM
I continue looking through the bag.

He takes 20...

Mee
2008-08-21, 06:20 PM
He finds about 8,000 gold in the bag of holding.

FireFox
2008-08-21, 06:24 PM
I pocket the bag for safekeeping, if any of us make it out alive I can distribute it then. And If it's only me I'll give it all to charity... I look at the ooze again.

Mee
2008-08-21, 06:38 PM
The ooze . . . is just that. A lump 'o goo.
Which is still glowing, slightly.

FireFox
2008-08-21, 07:00 PM
I sit down and pray for guidance.

((No, you don't have to get involved withthe prayer now, I'm just waiting for more people to show up... Unless Vulp should go after the gobbos...))

Mee
2008-08-24, 10:12 PM
Notes fall on Vulp.
((Someone, post, do something.
A DM can not DM without something to DM about.

If that makes sense.))

Tacitus
2008-08-24, 11:18 PM
((I think everyone else looked at the game, decided it wasn't going to be entertaining, and left.))

Benejeseret
2008-08-25, 02:11 PM
((Ya, 'fraid this was really not what I was expecting, sorry but I'm out))

FireFox
2008-08-25, 05:04 PM
Heh... All alone again. With the same character as last time... Welp, only thing todo is solo the place again. :smallamused::smallwink:

Tacitus
2008-08-25, 06:37 PM
((Mee, perhaps you would consider running a game with an actual plot? I know, radical concept, right?))

Mee
2008-08-25, 07:13 PM
((There's the thing, I can never come up with a good plot.
Ah well. :smallsigh:
So it means this'll probably be the last game I run here.
Who cares.))
So, Vulp is all alone, (except for Thary, unless you want to go too.) and so he gets all the XP.

Okay, all . . . alone. :smallfrown:

Tacitus
2008-08-25, 07:18 PM
Tharivol

He randomly tosses out six castings of Caltrops and directs the drow to kill all the others (cause they aren't friends, and friends helping friends kill not-friends is AWESOME!) and summons 6 Ice Wolves to gang rape everybody. There was much tripping and much frost auras. 1d6 to everyone every round near a wolf, but Tharivol was smart enough to be nowhere near that ****. One 24 hour wolf and a 4 round wolf, plus 4 more 2 round wolves. Everyone died. The end.

FireFox
2008-08-25, 09:40 PM
... Oh come on, I'm more than willing to go through this alone with Mee, again. You really don't need to randomly PK everyone to have an excuse for the game being over... If Mee wants to end it, he'll end it.

Mee
2008-08-25, 10:05 PM
And I am not ending it.
The summoning somehow failed, and they never showed up.

DM power, you can't stop it.

Or, even better, yes, everyone dies.

Then, a little girl comes, and casts True Rezz on Vulp.

Then leaves.

FireFox
2008-08-25, 10:07 PM
Vulp looks around then...

Spot: [roll0] +5...

Mee
2008-08-25, 10:09 PM
You see dead corpses, and a little girl standing over the dead Thary.
"Should I raise him, Fox of the Stars?"
She asks Vulp.

Oh, and you see corpses.

FireFox
2008-08-27, 07:40 PM
I bow before the Goddess before me. With all due respect, my Lady, he tried to kill us, so I think I shall go alone to attempt to finish the EMotN.

Mee
2008-08-27, 07:42 PM
She bows her head.
"As you wish.
Good luck."
She disappears.

However, she opens a hidden door, that you didn't see.
Right before she left.

FireFox
2008-08-27, 07:48 PM
I walk to the door and listen carefully.

Mee
2008-08-27, 07:58 PM
It's open.
And on the other side, is a small room, no exit, other then the one you're looking in.
In the room, is a chest.
That's it.

FireFox
2008-08-27, 08:00 PM
Even though that was a Listen check, I walk in and approach the chest nervously. I sigh, and with a prayer to my God, try and open it.

Mee
2008-08-27, 08:00 PM
It opens.
Insides is . . . roll a d20.

FireFox
2008-08-27, 08:20 PM
Rolling... [roll0]

Mee
2008-08-27, 08:24 PM
Inside is armor.
Like what he's wearing, but . . . obviously better.
It . . . seems to pulse with power.

FireFox
2008-08-27, 08:26 PM
I pray to Pelor in thanks, and then guiltily wonder if I should pray to the other Goddess... I then start exchanging armor.

Mee
2008-08-27, 08:29 PM
Once it is on, Vulp feels . . . stronger.
+2, to be precise.

Oh, note:
Yeah, maybe you should. :smallwink:

FireFox
2008-08-27, 08:30 PM
((Stronger? Woudn't a better word be protected? Unless he really does get a +2 bonues to STR... :smallbiggrin:))

Mee
2008-08-27, 08:31 PM
((Yes, a +2 to STR.
And the chain itself is +3.))

FireFox
2008-08-27, 08:32 PM
((:smalleek: *whistles* Okay, he's ready to solo this place now. :smallamused:))

Mee
2008-08-27, 08:36 PM
((Yeah, I figured he'd need it.
So, to the slaying.))
The other door is standing open, calling.

FireFox
2008-08-27, 08:38 PM
I shoulder my axe and walk to the door, stopping to listen.

Mee
2008-08-27, 08:40 PM
Behind it, is . . . well . . . a room.
A new fangled thing, called a 'Sayve Poihnte'.

FireFox
2008-08-27, 08:42 PM
I enter the room and inspect it.

Mee
2008-08-27, 08:48 PM
There is a statue in the middle of the room, bathed in blue light, when he stands in front of it, is says: "Press 'up'".

FireFox
2008-08-27, 08:52 PM
I try to find another way out of here. Excluding the hole in the fourth wall.

Mee
2008-08-27, 08:53 PM
Oh, sorry, there is a door on the other wall.
((*kicks self* Sorry.))

FireFox
2008-08-27, 08:57 PM
I approach the door and listen at it.

Mee
2008-08-27, 09:10 PM
On the other sides, sounds to be a smallish room, with three things, small things, walking around.

FireFox
2008-08-27, 09:27 PM

I allow a faint smile to pass my lips as I ready my axe and sheild and attempt to kick in the door.

Strength: [roll0]

Mee
2008-08-27, 09:42 PM
*sigh*
Your foot bounces off of the door.
You made it splinter.
Congratulations.
But it doesn't break.

You hear . . . laughing from the other side.

FireFox
2008-08-28, 09:50 PM
I laugh inspite of myself and try again.

STR: [roll0] +4

Mee
2008-08-28, 10:03 PM
The door shatters.

The goblins are no longer laughing.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 07:41 PM
I cast entropic sheild, not stepping through, and wait.

Mee
2008-08-29, 07:52 PM
The goblins ready to throw.
But they don't.
They wait.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 08:21 PM
I cast guidance.

Mee
2008-08-29, 08:22 PM
A goblin pulls over a box, they crouch behind it, still with javelins ready.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 08:26 PM
I pray to my God and sprint through. Pelor! :smallmad:

Mee
2008-08-29, 08:34 PM
They chuck the javelins.
Attack: [roll0] +3. Miss chance: [roll1]. Damage: [roll2]
Attack: [roll3] +3. Miss chance: [roll4]. Damage: [roll5]
Attack: [roll6] +3. Miss chance: [roll7]. Damage: [roll8]

FireFox
2008-08-29, 08:37 PM
All three javelins strike harmless off of my armor as I charge on the nearest one.

Mee
2008-08-29, 08:47 PM
It is drawing it's sword, the others back up, pulling out their other javelins.
((You go first.))

FireFox
2008-08-29, 08:49 PM
I slash at it. Using my guidance spell

Axe: [roll0] +7
Damage: [roll1] +4

Mee
2008-08-29, 08:51 PM
You clip it's ear.
It attacks you.
Attack: [roll0] +2
Damage: [roll1]

The other two are preparing javelins again.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 08:54 PM
I slash at it again.

Axe: [roll0] +6

Mee
2008-08-29, 08:56 PM
With a slight scream, it dies.
Head severed from it's torso.

The other two toss javelins:
Attack: [roll0]. Miss: [roll1]. Damage: [roll2]
Attack: [roll3]. Miss: [roll4]. Damage: [roll5]

FireFox
2008-08-29, 08:59 PM
One of the javelins is deflected by my magic sheild and the other one hits my armor. I feel invincible... I go after the second and attack.

Mee
2008-08-29, 09:00 PM
The goblin ducks, sadly.
They draw swords.
Which takes all turn.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 09:05 PM
I attack it again.

Mee
2008-08-29, 09:07 PM
You miss.
I mean, everything.
You don't even hit air! :smalltongue:

The goblins attack:
A: Attack: [roll0] +2.
B: Attack: [roll2] +2.
Damage: [roll3]

Mee
2008-08-29, 09:09 PM
Oooo, and a crit. :smallfrown:

[roll0]

And, for laughs; (plus, I want to see if it will work)
[roll1]

FireFox
2008-08-29, 09:12 PM
So... 11 damage overall? :smallconfused::smalleek: Ouch.

Mee
2008-08-29, 09:16 PM
Yeah, ow.
How many more do you have?

FireFox
2008-08-29, 09:19 PM
((15...))

I cry out in pain as both hits penetrate my armor and strike out.

Axe: [roll0]

Mee
2008-08-29, 09:23 PM
((Sweetness.))
It hits.
No, it shouldn't, but . . . DM powers.
Gobbo A dies.
The other attacks.
Attack: [roll0] +2.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 09:26 PM
No need, this one misses andI just realized that the 19 from before misses as well...

Mee
2008-08-29, 09:28 PM
It looks at him.
"Holy ****! I got an 18! And then a 19 before me!
I surrender!"
He drops his weapon.
((Attack of Opportunity, if you want.))

FireFox
2008-08-29, 09:31 PM
I don't speak goblin... Ah well. Is it bad to cut down an unarmed man? Er, goblin?

You speak Common? :smallconfused:

Mee
2008-08-29, 09:35 PM
Technically. :smalltongue:

"Uhh . . . no?
Goblin, goblin, goblin!"

FireFox
2008-08-29, 09:36 PM
I sigh. Oh well, I won't kill you.

Mee
2008-08-29, 09:37 PM
"Goblin goblin goblin!"
It . . . trembles.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 09:44 PM
Get out of here! I sigh again, point to the door behind me and raise my axe.

Mee
2008-08-29, 09:45 PM
It stands there, shivering.
The ground under him is getting . . . wet. :smallsigh::smalltongue:

FireFox
2008-08-29, 09:48 PM
... I attempt to push the gobbo towards the door and raise my axe like I'll kill himif he doesn't run.

Mee
2008-08-29, 09:50 PM
The ground is soaked.
The gobbo runs.

In the room are two doors.
Not including the one you came in through.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 09:53 PM
I listen at the first.

Mee
2008-08-29, 09:59 PM
Behind is . . . running water.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 10:05 PM
I listen at the other door.

Mee
2008-08-29, 10:07 PM
Nothing. Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 10:09 PM
I cautiously open this door.

Spot: [roll0] +5

Mee
2008-08-29, 10:11 PM
You see . . . nothing.
That's right. Nothing.
It's the void.
You only now notice the runes on the door.
I'd recommend closing the door now.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 10:14 PM
... I close the door and back away to consider.

Mee
2008-08-29, 10:17 PM
The door slams.
Hey, look, note:

Sorry about the door.
The gods didn't have anywhere to put the void, so I took it.

Like the armor?

FireFox
2008-08-29, 10:18 PM
I keep ignoring the EMotN and open the other door.

Mee
2008-08-29, 10:25 PM
Yet another note:
Pleeeeeeease?

Behind, is a river, (fresh water) fairly narrow, maybe 5 feet wide.
On the other side is a Dire Weasel. :smallamused:
Drinking.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 10:28 PM
... I stop and think.

Mee
2008-08-29, 10:29 PM
Feel free, think as long as you want.

FireFox
2008-08-29, 10:35 PM
I cast a CLW on myself.

Cure: [roll0]

Mee
2008-08-29, 10:35 PM
Hokay.
Now what?
Note:
The dice hate you. :smalleek::smallfrown:

FireFox
2008-09-01, 01:23 PM
I continue ignoring the notes and get my crossbow ready.

Mee
2008-09-02, 11:58 PM
((Sorry, I missed your post completely.))
The weasel looks up, finally noticing you.

FireFox
2008-09-03, 04:26 PM
I attack it.

Crossbow: [roll0] +3

Mee
2008-09-03, 08:24 PM
You miss. The roller still hates you.

The weasel charges. Using it's full turn to reach you.
Giving you an attack, and an AOO.

FireFox
2008-09-03, 08:35 PM
And it jumped the 5 foot river...?

Mee
2008-09-03, 08:37 PM
Yeah, it's talented. :smallwink: I uh . . . rolled for it. It made it.
*pretends he didn't forget about the river*

FireFox
2008-09-03, 08:43 PM
And that is why I had him shoot at it! :smalltongue:

Mee
2008-09-03, 08:50 PM
Yeah! You shot! You missed! In it's turn, it charged.
You obviously drew your axe!
Attack! :smalltongue: Duh!

FireFox
2008-09-03, 08:52 PM
I attack it with my axe then.

Mee
2008-09-03, 08:54 PM
It is hit, you wound it, not badly, but hey, you got it.

It tries to bite you.
Attack: [roll0] +6
Damage: [roll1] +3

It bites you, and latches on.
Losing it's DEX bonus to AC.