PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Questions (Not quite what it sounds like)

hotel_papa
2008-07-31, 06:33 PM
Hey, everybody.

I'm running a globe-trotting Eberron campaign for currently 8th level characters. My next session will include a conversion of the "Expeditions to the Ruins of Castle Greyhawk" sub-section where the party infiltrates a mage's guild. In it, there is a section that asks various knowledge skill questions with DCs in the 20s. All the questions, however, are Greyhawkish and Gygaxian in nature. Alas, Eberron had no Suel empire.

I'm looking for suggestions for Eberron related questions. The focus should be on Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft but (History), (Religion) and (The Planes) etc. could be cool as well.

I have all the Eberron books, so I can look up whatever you reference, and I am looking to avoid making ALL the questions about the Last War.

HP

Vexxation
2008-07-31, 06:36 PM
The Quiori are good to mention. They fall under "History" or "The Planes" depending on how you ask. Asking questions regarding Xen'drik could be neat, because it's largely unexplored and ruinous. Perhaps include questions regarding the a couple of the many Houses. As in, "Which noble house controls the Lightning Rails?" The answer, unless I recall incorrectly, would be House Orien.

hotel_papa
2008-07-31, 11:33 PM
(By the way, my knowledgeable characters are a shifter druid going for moonspeaker, a changeling factotum/chameleon and a human swordsage/master of the nine. The dragonwrought kobold ninja may get a circumstance bonus on some dragon questions.)

The dragonmarked houses would work well, actually. They have a fairly long history. However, I'm shooting more for arcana and spellcraft. Does anyone have any suggestions for Eberron-specific questions about the arcane? I know I could just make them DCs, but the gamers have actually been reading up on the campaign setting, and I want to give them a sense of accomplishment with that +2 inherent bonus to Int.

thegurullamen
2008-07-31, 11:46 PM
Demons. Yes, nothing more arcane than the destruction engines, obsidian towers and (undoubtedly) Lovecraftian cities that arose under Infernal commands in the Demons' eponymous Age.

There's also the goblin empire that existed post Demon Age/pre Can't Remember the Name of the Main Continent-Era. I'm sure it must have advanced the arcane arts, having begun the monstrosity that is Sharn.

I suggest opening up to the timeline in the back of the ECS and randomly picking a date and fashioning something around the entry. It's Eberron; no matter what you pick, it'll be flavorful and AWESOME!!!!

ArmorArmadillo
2008-07-31, 11:55 PM
Dragons and Argonessen. The biggest deals in magic in Eberron are the Draconic Prophecy and the Dragonmarks, and Dragons dealt with pretty much every major event in Eberron's history.

Also, the Aernal elves would have quite a few secrets worth finding out.

Colmarr
2008-07-31, 11:56 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for Eberron-specific questions about the arcane? I know I could just make them DCs, but the gamers have actually been reading up on the campaign setting, and I want to give them a sense of accomplishment with that +2 inherent bonus to Int.

IIRC, dragons come under Kn(Arc).

So questions about Argonessen and the Draconic prophecy seem like obvious choices.

EDIT: NINJA'D :smallsigh:

hotel_papa
2008-08-01, 09:24 AM
Very cool, these will do nicely. A lot of opportunities for questions that can be answered via different approaches (I.E. The accomplishments of the Dhakahani Empire being both kno(Arc) and kno(his).

Thanks a lot, everybody.