PDA

View Full Version : Weird...

Gem Flower
2008-07-31, 06:56 PM
Weird things happen from day to day. Anywhere from weird as in amusingly weird to weird as in confused weird, weirdness, oddities, and eccentricity is all around us. An example: Today my friend and I were walking through our local park, and we passed under a bridge. We decided to go look at the water, and on the other bank their were some people. Couldn't see gender or such, but here's what happened; they began wolf-whistling and shouting things like, "Swim over here!" I mean, my friend and I both look older than we are, but we were at a distance and I had pigtails. I mean, :smallconfused:? What is their problem?

DraPrime
2008-07-31, 06:59 PM
Yeah, people are irritating and immature, but it's not really a big deal.

Spiryt
2008-07-31, 07:02 PM

Yeah, my experience tells me that worrying about every idiots who tried to provocate us from some reason is pointless.

Too bad that I actually never seem to learn from experience too much.:smallannoyed:

Gem Flower
2008-07-31, 07:09 PM

It's not like I got worked up about it, it was just rather odd.

Moff Chumley
2008-07-31, 07:12 PM
If that's the weirdest thing to happen to you recently, you must have a very boring life.

Spiryt
2008-07-31, 07:13 PM
It's not like I got worked up about it, it was just rather odd.

I've once passed a man looking like beggar, who burped in my direction and then started to speak some possibly russian words to me. Now that's odd.

I remember maaany others odd ecounters like that from my life, but I can't recall details. Maybe later.

Gem Flower
2008-07-31, 07:15 PM
If that's the weirdest thing to happen to you recently, you must have a very boring life.

It was only a few hours ago!:smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

Also, Spiryt; That is indeed weird. I can think of similar incident that happened when I was a baby...

Lex-Kat
2008-07-31, 07:38 PM
When was in Bremerton, WA, I'd just come out of my favorite comic store and this guy in a suit started preaching at me. I had some time to spare before the Ferry left, so I listened. But then he was like, 'It's getting late, my cars over there. Let me take you home.'

I just looked at him.:smalleek: "Uh, no thanks." And I walked away, quite quickly.

It gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

Collin152
2008-07-31, 07:40 PM
"You'll never amount to anythign! if a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it!"

Hmm...
It's probably a good thing I don't get to be a parent.

Gem Flower
2008-07-31, 07:43 PM
Probably.:smallwink: Although my parents quote the Simpsons all the time, and our lives are more interesting for it.

Thufir
2008-07-31, 07:45 PM
On wednesday, a random drunk in the street asked for my hat... then started singing as I walked away ignoring him.

Mr. Mud
2008-07-31, 07:56 PM
One time on my way to mass a bush was on fire under a tree, we called the fire department meant, and since we were late to mass, we walked in on a song about the burning bush in the old testament. :smalleek:

Collin152
2008-07-31, 08:00 PM
Probably.:smallwink: Although my parents quote the Simpsons all the time, and our lives are more interesting for it.

Yeah, but the kids wouldn't catch the quotes until it's already too late.

DraPrime
2008-07-31, 08:02 PM
One time on my way to mass a bush was on fire under a tree, we called the fire department meant, and since we were late to mass, we walked in on a song about the burning bush in the old testament. :smalleek:

Oh wow. That's one hell of a coincidence. Although the original bush was on fire, but it didn't actually burn.

randman22222
2008-07-31, 09:13 PM
Oh, heh. A couple of my friends were mistaken for prostitutes here...

We didn't think much of it.

Oh, and apparently being 6'4" and having long blonde hair is a novelty in the middle east. I'll get people walk up to me, and through Arabic accents, say "Very nice!" And sorta stroke my hair.

For the record, that's the local guys, not girls, since the Koran (I think) tends to frown upon male/female interaction like that.

Oh, and another time, a local guy my age walked up to me, and said hello, asked my name, and then asked for a cigarette in Arabic. Funny, because I don't even speak it. Had to ask friends what certain words meant afterwords. And interpret his miming.

Ahh, living overseas is fun.

Coplantor
2008-07-31, 09:24 PM
Lets see, there was this time that a guy started pointing at me and laughing in the middle of the street, there was the other time when another guy stopped me and a frind, looked at us in the eyes and said "you're both dead men". Once, while walking home drunk with a friend at 5pm we talked to statues. Another time, a friend was trying to use apublic phone but it was broken, so i gaved the phone a hug and said "Why are you doing this? We both know you are not like this. Lets stop fighting OK?, Now, can you help my friend?", then my friend picked up the phone and it was working, there are lots of strange coincidences in my life that make it more intresting, i think god (either the christian god or marduk or ala) really loves me. When i was 9 years old, i was pretending that i was carrying a gun an pointing with my finger while shouting "bang bang", i aimed at a tree, shouted and then a dead bird felled down, wierd. Now, when im sleepy but i shouldnt be sleeping, i cant sleep because i hear voices shouting my name... thats rather creepy.

Lex-Kat
2008-07-31, 09:41 PM
Another time, while in Coronado, CA, I was walking towards San Diego. This car pulls up next to me and asks how to get to San Diego (which was dumb, he just had to go straight), and I pointed the way.

He told me to hop in, he'd give me a ride. I said no thank you and kept walking. He drives away.

Not even a minute later, he pulls up again. Apologises, saying he didn't mean to frighten me. Then offers the ride again.

Why is it that I get strange men continually wanting to give me a ride? I may be desperate, but that's a little too much for me.:smalleek:

DraPrime
2008-07-31, 09:42 PM
Another time, while in Coronado, CA, I was walking towards San Diego. This car pulls up next to me and asks how to get to San Diego (which was dumb, he just had to go straight), and I pointed the way.

He told me to hop in, he'd give me a ride. I said no thank you and kept walking. He drives away.

Not even a minute later, he pulls up again. Apologises, saying he didn't mean to frighten me. Then offers the ride again.

Why is it that I get strange men continually wanting to give me a ride? I may be desperate, but that's a little too much for me.:smalleek:

Perhaps they think that you're a streetwalker...

Lex-Kat
2008-07-31, 10:01 PM
Perhaps they think that you're a streetwalker...

Maybe... except that I'm male, and was in the Navy at the time, so I had short hair.

DraPrime
2008-07-31, 10:04 PM
Errr.....male streetwalker?