PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what a chaotic aura is?

Garphor Drinfan
2008-08-01, 08:25 AM
it is very imporant to my campain that i know. ( it might even depend on it :smalleek: )

Inyssius Tor
2008-08-01, 08:30 AM
Your question lacks context.

Your question is meaningless without context.

...provide context, please?

PnP Fan
2008-08-01, 08:31 AM
I used to know . . .
but then it changed.
:-)

edit. . for useful content.
okay, my guess is that you're talking about a clerical alignment. IIRC clerics radiate auras based on alignment. I would imagine if you've run into an object that has a chaotic aura that it's got some connection to a chaotic deity/religion. More information/context would be helpful though.

kamikasei
2008-08-01, 08:33 AM
You mean, what do you see if you use detect chaos on a slaad?

Dunno. Doesn't matter. Auras, with degrees of strength. I don't know of anywhere where it's specified what these auras look like. Indeed, you could see the exact same thing if you cast detect evil or detect chaos and then look at a demon.

(Presumably, though, if you had multiple detect spells going at once, you'd be able to tell whether a given aura was due to the chaotic, evil, magical, or other nature of the source.)

quiet1mi
2008-08-01, 08:37 AM
if a lawful aura is ridged and flows in an a orderly manner than a chaotic aura will be going every direction and changing hues.... the point of a chaotic aura is not what it looks like but what it is doing....

good/evil auras can have looks or feels but ethic auras (law/chaos) are doing stuff

Tengu_temp
2008-08-01, 09:15 AM
A chaotic aura looks like standard aura, only with lots of LSD added.

Mewtarthio
2008-08-01, 10:16 AM
I always figured that you didn't really see the auras so much as sense them.

Storm Bringer
2008-08-01, 10:19 AM
I always figured that you didn't really see the auras so much as sense them.

with your senses:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Mastikator
2008-08-01, 10:32 AM
The soul of a chaotic creature, or the magical shininess of a chaotic magic object. Auras are not detectable through mundane means.

It's the way I interpret it anyway.

Skjaldbakka
2008-08-01, 10:34 AM
probably something like this.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/bloodyeyes420/acidtrip.jpg

clericwithnogod
2008-08-01, 10:36 AM
I kind of picture the chaotic aura as looking like the squiggly line from that film they used to show at schools.

AKA_Bait
2008-08-01, 10:36 AM
I'm pretty sure there is no description of what the detector casting a detect x spell actually experiences anywhere. So, whatever you need it to be to save/make more awesome your game is what it is.

Skjaldbakka
2008-08-01, 10:39 AM
The only reference I have is from FR, where an evil aura is described as being black, and a good aura is described as being blue. Of course, I'm referring to the novels, which I haven't read for years, so your milage may vary.

I recommend making it up. As long as it is consistent . . .wait. Never mind. We're talking about a chaotic aura here.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-01, 09:26 PM
A better answer is, Aura's look like whatever you want them to.

At least if they LOOK like anything. Which they probably shouldn't.

As far as that picture, I think nothing short of Cthulhu would have an aura like that.