PDA

View Full Version : SMBG Nonsense

Admiral_Kelly
2008-08-01, 04:44 PM
I will start with two questions about the Silly Message Board Games forum for the mods but more may come up:

1. What makes a Silly Message Board Game structured?
2. Why do posts in Silly Message Board Games not count towards the user's overall post count?

Roland St. Jude
2008-08-01, 04:50 PM
1. Structured Games are games that have more structure than the standard serial response SMBG. What, that's not a sufficient answer? :smallamused: Okay, the main thing that I think of as a structured game are games that have a limited player base (because only a certain number of people can play) or limited joining period (because you have to fix the number of players before you start.) But there may be other types of games that we decide fit better there than regular SMBG.

2. We don't discuss post counts and we don't allow discussion of post counts.

I'll leave this thread open because you mentioned you may have more questions, but please let's not get into #2.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-08-01, 05:45 PM
2. We don't discuss post counts and we don't allow discussion of post counts.

If I may provide this link. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659)

Zeb The Troll
2008-08-04, 03:43 AM
I have another question regarding the Structured Games sub-forum.

Recently there was a discussion about letting people start their own threads in the Structured sub-forum now that the majority of the user base understands what that area is for.

Was that decision changed or is that still the plan? If it is, when is that expected to take effect?