PDA

View Full Version : One simple word in BOLD

Spiky
2008-08-01, 11:05 PM
And I presume sales of Origin of PCs have skyrocketed this evening. Assuming there are still some non-owners on the planet.

Estovus
2008-08-01, 11:09 PM
The above post does not, in fact, contain one single word in bold. It features no words in bold at all, quite frankly.

NENAD
2008-08-01, 11:18 PM
But the word sexy was bolded in 580 in reference to some scene with Haley in it (I don't have the prequel books, so I wouldn't know which scene that is).

Estovus
2008-08-01, 11:37 PM
But the word sexy was bolded in 580 in reference to some scene with Haley in it (I don't have the prequel books, so I wouldn't know which scene that is).

Well, that's a rather obscure way of putting it and I'm a freakin' dumbass.

Teron
2008-08-02, 01:04 AM
What Crystal said: Haley taking a bath.

Spiky
2008-08-02, 02:01 AM
I like to assume people can figure things out, even if moderately obscured.

mofabulous
2008-08-02, 03:52 AM
I already own it, but ya it definately making me want to go back and re read it :smallsmile:

NerfTW
2008-08-02, 07:15 AM
I liked how we now have proof of how the Giant deals with prequel book material in the online strip. And I really loved how he turned it into a shameless plug.

"Important sexy context." :smallbiggrin:

NENAD
2008-08-02, 09:13 AM
Evidently Readers Aren't Morons.

dish
2008-08-02, 09:25 AM
Have to admit that I agree with Crystal. Hayley, a stick figure, takes a bath. It never even struck me as the slightest bit sexy.

(Maybe this is because I'm a heterosexual female, or maybe it's because I just can't see how the lines that are supposed to indicate clevage translate into pert and perky boobies.)

NerfTW
2008-08-02, 10:16 AM
It's not actually sexy. It's just funny, because she's a stick figure, but they're still trying to do "fan service" shots.

I don't think he intends them to actually BE sexy.

PaladinFreak
2008-08-02, 10:51 PM
It's even Lampshaded: "Darn it! Who's interrupting my gratuitous bath scene?!"

Chronos
2008-08-02, 11:02 PM
(Maybe this is because I'm a heterosexual female, or maybe it's because I just can't see how the lines that are supposed to indicate clevage translate into pert and perky boobies.)Ultimately, any image is just lines. If one can mentally translate a photograph into a sexy woman, then there's no reason in principle one can't also mentally translate a rough drawing into a sexy woman. In neither case is there actually a sexy woman present, but that doesn't stop most heterosexual men or homosexual women from enjoying the view.

Heck, for that matter, if you just have a purely written account of a woman who's said to be attractive who's taking a bath, in a novel or the like, a lot of folks will still enjoy that, too. The art in this strip might be minimal, but that's still a lot more than most literature.

Spiky
2008-08-03, 02:18 PM
Have to admit that I agree with Crystal. Hayley, a stick figure, takes a bath. It never even struck me as the slightest bit sexy.

(Maybe this is because I'm a heterosexual female, or maybe it's because I just can't see how the lines that are supposed to indicate clevage translate into pert and perky boobies.)

The person who called it sexy is a stick figure male. Perhaps he has a different viewpoint.

ericgrau
2008-08-03, 03:38 PM
To Spikey (O.P.): It reminded me to get a copy of both books. Not so much for "important sexy content", but b/c I wanted to get them and haven't got around to it. Then again I still haven't gotten around to it, but I may soon.

Estovus: Lol. That may have been unintentional but it was still friggin' amusing.

dish: Ya, see NerfTW.

But even though no one is taking it too seriously, males do have vivid imaginations and it doesn't take much to get most males excited or distracted. Take it as a tip. How low/high cut your outfit is, etc., etc. gets talked about whenever you're not around to hear it.