PDA

View Full Version : Civil war, Gyradan

Pages : [1] 2

Shademan
2008-08-02, 08:07 AM
In the country of Daraccia it has always been so that the Eldest son of the king, be it bastard or rightborn, is to inherit the throne. When the late king Arwul died Prince Erwind declared himself Crown-prince and started preparations for his crowning. But then merely a few days before the crowning a young man came to the castle claiming to be a bastard son of the late king and claimant to the throne! He even had proof to back it up!
There was one thing, however, who made even Erwinds fiercest enemies shift. The man was half black dragon.
Erwind had the man beaten and exiled to the swamplands in the western parts of the realm, and was crowned king a week later.

Rumors of what had happened spread and many men and women of stature thought that what the King had done was wrong. and that the half-dragon should be king regardless of his ... black half. The king would have none of this and made all talk about it illegal.

three years later a medium sized army or goblins, orcs, hobgoblins and humans attacked the castle Korag-Urut.

Many people rallied to Gyradan's banner. Young Knights with ideals of honour and justice, people who simply didnt like Erwind, People which held the law above all else and people who was considered monsters by humanity and was promised better lives by Gyradan. as time passed he also got the assistance of the Drow pirates, the Kobolds and even a few tieflings! the halflings still remain neutral.

On the other side of the war, King Erwind and his followers knew that the relam could never be given to a half-dragon. a half BLACK dragon! he would make the realm a living hell for humans and invade the neighboring countries! And gods know what evils he would unleash upon the world.
Many shared the views of their king, and even some beyond his borders. The dwarfs and the elves of S'az-kaz, the cervidals, the centaurs and even the Thri-keen who lived south-east of Daraccia came to help.

the halflings remains neutral.

Now, both Gyradan and King Erwind is each organizing their own group of elite commandos to sabotage their enemy and subtly break them down!
They would accept only the best of the best and YOU have answered the summons. gold, glory, justice, honour or whatever other reason you might have, YOU will fight to the bitter end for your king!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are being led through the Castle of Crag-kar by Gyradans Sheildbearer, a huge purple skinned ogre like creature, clad in chainmail and steel plates and brandishing a huge greatsword. He leads you to a huge door where a knight waits. "continue in. he's impatient." he says to you. You look at him with wonder, for he bears the mark of the silver lion on his chest, but it has two long gashes, as if someone sliced it on the middle. "very well. in yeh go." the giant rumbles and opens the massive doors.
You enter and the door is closed behind you. In front of you is a large stone throne, where Gyradan the half dragon himself sits. on his left side is a female Drow, and on the right a tired looking human male. both have steel armour, but the drows armour appear to be made with style in mind and not efficiency.
"Ah, yes... my elite team..." Gyradan sighs "Zazalemal, you have allready a reputation here... Ahuhi, who's mind is mightier than the sword... Cadolin, who's fists can bring down a fully armed knight... And Adrius! Our exotic assassin"
"ninja." the tired looking human corrects.
"whatever. i must confess that i am QUITE eager to put you all to use." he hisses gleefully, and picks his teeth with the long claw-like weapon that is built into his gauntlets. "How do you feel about doing some harassment?"

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs31/i/2008/209/a/c/map_again_by_dragonsdale.jpg

Innis Cabal
2008-08-02, 12:01 PM
Ahuhi yawns loudly, seeming to settle into his robes.

"So long as my pay check increases, I don't care what I do. Your the one footing the bill in the long run"

Shademan
2008-08-02, 12:15 PM
"A true mercenary. i like that. as long as you remain loyal" Gyradan said it in a casual tone but the threat was obvious to anyone with working ears. "but what if i say that you were to harm the elven community?"

Innis Cabal
2008-08-02, 12:18 PM
Ahuhi laughed, and lazily waved a hand in the air, as if to dismiss the question.

"You pay me, i stay loyal and do what you ask, its as simple as that."

Faithless
2008-08-02, 12:19 PM
Cadolin

Cadolin makes a slight bow. Adjusting his robe he speaks in a calm focused tone.

"I live to serve, lord. What do you need done?"

Shademan
2008-08-02, 12:21 PM
"you wouldnt be here if i suspected otherwise." he hissed with a ...smile... atleast you hope it was a smile.
"Ah, yes. what i need done... the elves need to be thought a lesson. and i reckon this will be a perrrrfect warm up mission, my dear Cad. can i call you Cad?"

Faithless
2008-08-02, 12:50 PM
Cadolin

"As you wish."

Shademan
2008-08-02, 12:57 PM
"it almost sounds like Cat. i have always wanted a cat but they seem to hate me..." Gyradan mused
"Gyradan." the human to his right said with clear annoyance in his voice.
"ah, yes, Ahem. you all know where the elven city is right?"

Innis Cabal
2008-08-02, 01:47 PM
Ahuhi sighs lightly, rubbing his temples

"We are not like the rest of your army Lordling. Of course we know the route to this city. What exactly would you have us do? Burn it down? Beat their children? Be the boogie men for them?"

Shademan
2008-08-02, 01:56 PM
"you can be boogie men?" Gyradan asks in a way to serious and eager tone. "oh for the love of..." The human whispers to himself Gyradan coughs, small puffs of sulphurus gases pours out from his nostrils, "In exactly one day and ten hours a carriage will leave the elven city. in it, is the Elf kings daughter. i want you to state a example..." Gyradan runs a hand trough his beard (or whatever it is that grows there) and smiles "this shouldnt have been happening at all, but due to a small error we must do this." the Drow and human exchanges looks (attempt a sense motive those who care) "INDEED" Gyradan continues "do whatever you want to the elven princess. kill her, beat her or whatever. i dont care! as long as the king learns a lesson!" Gyradan took a deep breath. green smoke rose from his nostrils. "does that answer your question?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-02, 03:36 PM
Adrius seems a bit agitated at the request of the "King" I'm sure by now that you're familiar with my policy regarding my targets....Gah, maybe we can just hold her for ransom.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-02, 03:38 PM
"I will take her as my payment for this mission, team willing. They can do anything they want with her when we bring her back here."

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-02, 03:40 PM
Bad idea, you do that and you'll have the elves on you constantly. You'd be suprised at how developed their tracking abilities are.

Shademan
2008-08-02, 03:41 PM
"well, preferably it should be something abit more....fast paced. y'know..." Gyradan says and scratched his chin.

ooc: no sense motive?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-02, 03:43 PM
Sense motive

[roll0]

I care little for their tracking ability, If i was concerned about that i would hardly be -here- right now. You wanted to hold her ransom, thus your theory would garner the same results no? Think your plans through."

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-02, 03:43 PM
If all you want is a warning then I have better idea. I'll stick the old king with a bit of poison. Nothing lethal of course, a bit of vomitting and some extra time spent in his royal crapper.

Shademan
2008-08-02, 03:49 PM
"no no no" Gyradan hisses calmly "we must strike at his family. he is brave, and fear not his own death. but his family.... thats why he is having her sent away. to keep her safe." He then suddenly strike his fist at the chairs arm rest, breaking of a chunk " AND WE WILL SHOW HIM! his family is not safe... ANYWHERE!"

15. thats JUST enough.
you feel alot of tension between the drow and human. it ranges from confusion to hostility but there is also something else... hard to describe... but it feels grey...

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-02, 03:55 PM
Grr...fine. I'll figure something out.

Shademan
2008-08-02, 03:58 PM
"hmm. yes. maybe you should ask the rest of the group. they prolly' have some ideas." Gyradan mused. "well, i have other things to do. My Strategos will brief you further. i'll take my leave now." and with those words, Gyradan strode out of his halls.
"right..." the human says "ride to Lurun. if you stick to the roads it should take half a day. you can rest for a short while there before continiuing. cross the bridge and lay in wait where the road makes a slight turn(by map standards) towards the river." he yawns and the drow walks out a side door without a word "yeeaah.... i think thats it..."

Innis Cabal
2008-08-02, 04:40 PM
Ahuahi smirks to himself, wrapping up one of the multiple scarves hanging from his neck across his face, muffling his voice.

"Very well, we wait for the others then, we'lll discuss payment when we return."

Shademan
2008-08-02, 04:42 PM
"well thats rather obvious..." the strategos yawns

mangosta71
2008-08-02, 05:36 PM
Zazalemal leans insolently against the wall, admiring the view as the drow female departs. "You know what would really upset the elves? Their princess bearing a half-drow bastard." He grins wickedly. A dark shimmer briefly envelops his hand and his voice takes on an eager note; his eyes gleam. "If we're to ambush her carriage tomorrow, we don't have time to dally here."

Shademan
2008-08-02, 05:40 PM
" heh... she cant be any worse than the drow women..." the strategos laughs "aah...shouldnt have said that... well. as said. its your choice. i assume youre all ready..."

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-02, 05:41 PM
True but that would take too long. I've got an idea of my own, but we should really get going. Adrius leaves the room to get on his way.

Shademan
2008-08-02, 05:42 PM
"YES! your mounts are ready at the gate! HURRY!"

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-02, 05:47 PM
Pfft, slow ponies. I'd like to see them move throught the trees even half as fast as I do.

mangosta71
2008-08-02, 05:50 PM
Zazalemal slips his goggles down from his forehead to cover his eyes as he heads outside. Gripping the pommel of his saddle, he vaults up onto his horse in a single smooth motion. He turns his mount toward the road, then leans down over the animal's neck and digs in his heels, bringing it swiftly to a gallop, letting his cloak and hair stream behind him.

Shademan
2008-08-02, 05:51 PM
DM DECISION!
you ride hard and long .... gods that sounded SO wrong! and the wolfman runs...
after hours of this you reach the town of Lurun, the city guards greet you at the gates. "HAIL! LIVE GYRANDAN!" the other guy, somewhat older and more experienced says "ease down boyo. whotsthis? hrmm... oh... i know you.... heh... PASS!" the gate opens...

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-02, 06:17 PM
Well, that was uneventful. Let's rest up and get moving, we can't spend too much time here.

mangosta71
2008-08-02, 06:26 PM
"Bah. Not enough time to get drunk and run down a skirt. I hate having my first visit to a city under such a time constraint. I can't properly enjoy it. We may as well find a table somewhere and start planning."

Faithless
2008-08-02, 08:02 PM
Cadolin

Looking stern at is companions lack of professionalism h stroked his chin for a moment. Glaring hard at the area around him he spoke again, concisely as usual.

"Agreed. Nowhere too popular. We don't want to attract unwanted attention. Let's find some backwater inn shall we?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-02, 08:32 PM
Ahuhi nods, slidding from his mule.

"I'll start looking, i'll try not to book one to hard on your soft bottoms"

Ahuhi then goes in search of an inn.

mangosta71
2008-08-02, 10:55 PM
Zazalemal shrugs, then places his hands firmly on the saddle before him and stretches his body up into a handstand, holding himself there for a moment before pushing himself off to land on his feet beside his mount. Taking the reins in one hand, he follows Ahuhi through the streets. His stride is a cocky strut, and he sends a grin and a wink at any pretty woman whose path crosses his.

Shademan
2008-08-03, 02:24 AM
eventualy you find a suitable inn. "The mercenary's purse". you sit down around a table in some corner.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 02:39 AM
Hows this sound. We kill the everyone on the cart other than her, shave her head bald and let her walk back to the king. It's quick and simple.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-03, 09:29 AM
Ahuhi snorts

"your cunning plan is...pathetic. That ill only show we are petty bandits. Remove an arm or leg, give her to the soldiers for a month. Make her suffer so when she goes back to the king, she will be able to tell them all the horrors she experianced before they dared to cross the true king."

mangosta71
2008-08-03, 01:00 PM
Zazalemal sighs. "Neither of you has any imagination. There's so much more potential for profit if we send a ransom note to her father. Especially if we send a finger along with the note. Think of it as getting paid twice." He grins. "Besides, that way we get to keep her around and have a bit of sport ourselves until we get the money. We can also send anonymous letters to various people among the elves that she's carrying my lovechild."

Shademan
2008-08-03, 01:05 PM
"ey!" the hobgoblin behind the counter shouts "can i take your order?"

mangosta71
2008-08-03, 01:19 PM
Zaz snarls, "That depends. Can you follow an order to shut up and mind your own business?"

Shademan
2008-08-03, 01:28 PM
"i AM minding my business. and my business happens to be serving people." the hobgoblin states calmly.

mangosta71
2008-08-03, 01:44 PM
Zazaleaml rises and faces the hobgoblin. "It looks to me like you're in the business of eavesdropping. Would you like to know what I do when I catch one of Erwind the Usurper's spies? Keep putting your nose where it doesn't belong, and you'll find out."

Shademan
2008-08-03, 01:48 PM
"... did you just call him a usurper?" the hobgoblin asks with disbelief "anyways. HOW could a goblionoid spy? we're killed on sight in Erwinds realm."
the other patrons turned to see what all the ruckus was.
"so... what can i get ya?" the hobgoblin asks again.

Faithless
2008-08-03, 02:06 PM
Cadolin

Glaring at his companions he raised his hand friendlily at the server, a warm grin on his face.
"I don't drink. A glass of water if you have it, sir."

Turning back to the others.
"Mind your tongues. LOW profile."

Lowering his voice to a soft volume that only those at his table could hear.
"She isn't worth anything to us dead, right? We also need to give these elvish buffoons a scare. We keep her untouched. And Alive. If we ever get ourselves in a tight spot she's our ticket out. As for the elves...send them the arm of a different maiden."

Shademan
2008-08-03, 02:11 PM
The hobgoblin mumble something about "crazy barbarians" and goes out back. he returns later with a bucket of water which he pours into a cup. "one copper" he sighs and places the cup on the table.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-03, 02:41 PM
"While i'm all for money, we've got a job before that. The madian's ours once we're done, so we can do what ever. But first we have to satisfy the kingling. Allow me to stop the carrige, after that, its all up to you fine gentlemen to do the rest."

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 03:46 PM
And how exactly do you plan on stopping it? I was just going to hide in the treeline and pick off the driver.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-03, 04:05 PM
"Regardless of what they might carry, no carrige would run over a simple peasent in the middle of the road. After that, it is a simple scenario of dominating the rider, after that, i can control the rider to where ever you are based, and you will have full access to the princess without any significant problems. They will fight on our terms to defend her, the element of surprise will not only be ours but so will the home field advantage."

mangosta71
2008-08-03, 04:21 PM
"How many guards do you figure she'll have with her? Two? Maybe four? You can bet that they'll know her destination, and will notice if the driver goes off course. However, if one of the carriage's wheels happened to hit something and break, they'd be forced to stop, and would have no reason to be on alert."

Shademan
2008-08-03, 04:43 PM
spot checks. dc 15

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 04:45 PM
[roll0]

I succeed.

Shademan
2008-08-03, 04:47 PM
Your keen, un-human senses pick up something, you spot a group of goblins on the other side of the room, when they notice that youre looking at them they quickly turn to they drinks and pretend to be talking but you KNOW that they were watching you...
they dont look too trustworthy...
but then again, does any goblin?

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 04:50 PM
Adrius whispers to the half-elf I would reccommend a little mind reading on those gobbos over there. Taking a drink(of water) he flicks his finger in their direction.

mangosta71
2008-08-03, 05:15 PM
[roll0] spot

Zazalemal whispers back, "I don't really do the mind-reading thing. But if you can learn anything from examining their brains after I cleave their heads open, go ahead."

Innis Cabal
2008-08-03, 05:19 PM
Ahuhi nods, the sounds of tinkling bells seems almost to eminate from his deep robes as he begins to manifest Read thoughts on the goblins (DC 15)

PP=44-3=41

Shademan
2008-08-03, 05:25 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

you pick up two of the goblinses thoughts.

this is not good. we're spotted! oh this can end so very very bad. i told the prince this wasnt a good idea!

Stay calm... find your inner happy place....harmony. *disturbing image of mashed potatoes. lots of them* so typical of the prince... his curiosity will be the death of us i swear...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-03, 05:26 PM
Ahuhi plunges into the minds of the several goblins that fail to block his mental insinuation, delving into their thoughts.

Shademan
2008-08-03, 05:34 PM
Ahuhi plunges into the minds of the several goblins that fail to block his mental insinuation, delving into their thoughts.

response can be read up there ^^^

Innis Cabal
2008-08-03, 05:37 PM
((Saw the edit))

Ahuhi pulls out a peice of paper, writing the following message. All the while the bells continue to tinkle and thrill from within his robes as she shifts in his seat. (Cast Missive, Mass to the party use the second message)

Orange fly skimppy button, turtles move in cloudfire.

"Goblins are spying on us. I say we kill them off, take one as a captive and find out if more are on our tail"

PP-41-3=38

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 05:42 PM
"Well then." He speaks somewhat loudly. "Ill just go have a chat with our benefactor." He gives a slight wink before turning and leaving the tavern, hoping some of the gobbos will follow.

Shademan
2008-08-03, 05:45 PM
the goblins whisper among themselves, sometimes peeking above their shoulder, obviously discussing something. their whisper gets sharper and after a little while they go over to normal small talk.
they do not follow.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 05:51 PM
Adrius thinks to himself outside the tavern. Hmm...that didn't work. Maybe... He clears his throat and speaks angrily in the goblin tongue. {Damnit, where are those 4? They should have reported in an hour ago.}

Shademan
2008-08-03, 05:56 PM
the goblins look at each other in disbelieve. More whispering. the elderly looking goblin shakes his head slowly and whisper something that make the other goblins giggle.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 06:09 PM
Annoyed Adruis walks up to the table with the goblins and lowers his voice a bit. He speaks the the elder goblin. {Ok, its obvious now that you arent stupid so why don't you just play nice and tell me about your relationship with the prince}

Shademan
2008-08-03, 06:13 PM
the goblins look at each other. unsure what to think.
one reaches slowly for a axe, the elder looks at another goblin, the third just stare at him while the fourth grins, showing all his small fangs "why, i AM the prince!" he whispers to the wolfman.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 06:18 PM
{Care to elaborate on that?} He Looks at the gobbo reaching for his axe. {The second your hand touches that axe is the second your head will hit the floor.}

Shademan
2008-08-03, 06:21 PM
the goblin growls lowly "i have killed far bigger beasts than you, and ridden of far larger wolves."
"easy now. no reason to be so hostile." the goblin claiming the prince title whispers "we are, after all allies. I am Rumskank. Firstborn son of the goblin king. we were merely in town when you stumbled into our usual inn here..." the goblin attempts a winning smile. it would prolly' work had you been a goblin.
but are not.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 06:24 PM
He takes a seat at the goblins' table, keeping his guard up. {Ah, the Goblin prince.} He give a signal to the rest of the group to just forget about it. {My apologies, seems a couple wires got crossed. But if you are the prince though, why would you be in this kind of tavern?}

Shademan
2008-08-03, 06:28 PM
"this IS the closest settlement to the goblin city. All our trade goes trough this little town" he says and offers a cup of wine.
"and to be honest, we goblins would like to keep it that way... so I came here to oversee the military build-up in this town. we are dreadfully close to the damned elves." he says and take a swig from his cup "i believe thats why youre here..." he grins.

mangosta71
2008-08-03, 06:33 PM
Zazalemal stands and approaches the goblins' table. "I assume that you filthy mongrels understand Common. The gutterspeak you're spewing tries my patience."

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 06:36 PM
Not exactlty tactful are you?

Shademan
2008-08-03, 06:36 PM
all the goblins looks shocked at him. "You respectless..." one growls and tries to hit the drow in the gut (he is standing on a chair)
[roll0]
potential nonlethal damage: [roll1]

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 06:38 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Adrius whacks the stab-happy drow in the head with a sap.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-03, 06:39 PM
Ahuhi stands from the table as well, giving the last remaining person a nod and a wink

"Let the other talk if you can not keep your trash tongue in your mouth, do you want to cause a scene?"

Shademan
2008-08-03, 06:42 PM
you count as beeing flatfooted, drow. you only take damage from the wolf.

mangosta71
2008-08-03, 06:44 PM
Zazalemal brushes the goblin's hand aside. "You may be all chummy with these things, but I want to know why they're spying on us."

Turning to Adrius, he snarls, "If you value your life, you will never touch me again, maggot."

Innis Cabal
2008-08-03, 06:45 PM
Ahuhi sigh's deeply

"Then ask that next time. Being direct is better then simply being rude"

Shademan
2008-08-03, 06:48 PM
"you just be glad i didnt use my axe!" the goblin spits.
by now the other patrons have retreated.
"calm down, Siegfrepp. Gyradan wouldnt like it if we killed one of his special commandos." the goblin prince laughs.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 06:51 PM
Adrius chuckles at the prince's use of the word "special". You'll have to excuse my associate. He can get to be a little rude.

mangosta71
2008-08-03, 06:53 PM
"He would not. Nor would he care if I redecorated this inn with pieces of goblin. I'll ask nicely once more before I get angry - why are you spying on us?"

Shademan
2008-08-03, 06:55 PM
"not any worse than a Orc in the morning." The prince says smugly "now, i dont know much of WHAT youre going to do. all i have heard is that you shall strike the elves. is it sabotage? or perhaps a assassination?"
The elder goblin searchs for something in his coat...
*Drow talks.
"spy? i was merely interested in you. you...caught my curiosity." the Goblin smiles to the drow

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 06:58 PM
Adrius keeps a careful eye one the searching goblin. [roll0] we were actually discussing that. We haven't quite agreed on a plan of action. {I personally find my allies' plans to be in quite horrible taste.}

Shademan
2008-08-03, 07:00 PM
"oh? care to tell what these plans are? perhaps i can help?" the goblin prince says.
The elderly goblin pulls out a want, points at the Drow and mutters "Habbadah"

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 07:02 PM
Adrius describes the group's various plans in goblinese and expresses his disgust with said plans.

Shademan
2008-08-03, 07:04 PM
"well... the drow has a point. Thats a VERY effective way to spread terror. why do think there is so many half-orcs?" he takes a sip from his cup " but what YOU need... is knowledge about the elven road..."

the elderly goblin picks his nose with the wand and puts it back.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-03, 07:06 PM
"Then let us not beat around the proverbel bush any longer. We would apperciate any information you can give us. The sooner the better so we can be out of this place and getting payed."

Shademan
2008-08-03, 07:09 PM
" the elves use a road that will look like sticks and stones and rubbish and nothing to anyone who is non-elvish or impure." the prince whispers cryptic "the can be seen however by simply pouring flour on it. you will see the flour hit the elven cobblestone and the elves, in their arrogance, think that no one knows of the road." the goblin smiles, showing his winning....goblin....teeth....

Innis Cabal
2008-08-03, 07:11 PM
Flour?

Ahuhi shrugs and folds his arms up into his robes

"Then we might as well get to baking, if that is what it takes."

mangosta71
2008-08-03, 07:28 PM
"There's a slight problem with that. Dump a bunch of flour on the ground in the forest, and someone is going to notice it. They'll see that and be expecting something. If we're going to do it this way, we'll need to mark the path some other way and then clean the flour off of it."

Shademan
2008-08-03, 07:32 PM
"the elves wont realize it before its too late." the goblin snicker.
"hows your bruises coming?" the elderly goblin asks the drow "did they heal nicely?"

heals 7 points of non-lethal damage.
wand :P

Innis Cabal
2008-08-03, 07:33 PM
You forget, only the driver will be looking at the road, the others will be inside relaxing, with no thought as to how we will attack them. It will be a simple job to change what he sees, he will drive through and we will capture him.

mangosta71
2008-08-03, 07:47 PM
Zazalemal ignores the old goblin. "So we're assuming that there will be no escort? If the king cares about his daughter, he will likely send at least two soldiers with her carriage. If they have any discipline at all, they will not be inside with her. Disposing of them without alerting the others will not be easy."

Innis Cabal
2008-08-03, 07:51 PM
"You are over complicating this. We have this handled with the people here. That was why we were picked. We fail, we die. Its as simple as that."

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-03, 08:02 PM
Why such a complex plan? I could easily get the driver in one shot. By the time the guards figure out what is happening, I could have one of them taken out as well. you guys finish off the last one and were done.

mangosta71
2008-08-03, 09:06 PM
"Overcomplicating? I am merely pointing out that we need to throw flour all over the place to find the road, and that anyone with his eyes open will see what we have done and will be more alert. If our intent is to ambush the carriage, we should take pains to see that its occupants and escorts remain unaware of our presence. I see no reason to provide them with a fair fight unless we absolutely have to. Now, it seems to me that your little friends here are familiar with the road, and can show it to us without the flour." He narrows his eyes as he turns to face the goblins. "That is, if they are sincere in their desire to assist us."

Shademan
2008-08-04, 02:10 AM
"well... i could have Boko here take you to the start of the road" he says and points to the last goblin. "and dont worry about the flour. the elves will not spot it before theyre at it and when they do they wont know what the hell to do with it." the goblin prince says and yawns. "you should get yourselves some rest before you go. i can send my men to get a sack of flour for you."

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-04, 06:45 AM
So its settled then? We;ll wait on their road, I'll snipe the driver and we take out the guards when they dome out to investigate.

Shademan
2008-08-04, 06:57 AM
the gruff goblin, Siegfrepp, giggles and says "or you can do the goblin smackdown! thats when you have your elder cast Sleep on the horses. funniest thing EVER!" The older goblin clears his throat and says "i dont think that works on elven horses..."

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-04, 06:58 AM
Adrius facepalms at the thought of how a half-elf-horse would be created.

mangosta71
2008-08-04, 10:27 AM
"Elven horses? And to think that those light-dwelling scum consider MY race depraved..." Zazalemal shudders, then regains his composure. "It seems that we have no other option. We should get into position."

Shademan
2008-08-04, 10:36 AM
in goblin: "does they think that i ment it like... interbreeding?" the old goblin whispers to the sly looking goblin "apparently..."

in common: "YES! yes. rest up. " the goblin prince smiles " I reckon you should start riding in about four hours, i shall have Siegfrepp get some flour..." and with that the gruff goblin warrior left the inn.

((ready to ride?))

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-04, 10:42 AM
In goblin: Yeah, I just wanted to get a reaction out of him.

((Ready to go))

Shademan
2008-08-04, 10:48 AM
You rest up.
and as you saddle up and head to the gate you are joined by the sly looking goblin. he have with him two bags of flour and is riding a large wolf.
He dosnt talk much and act very...professional, so to say.

You ride in silence for about three hours, crossing one of the major bridges on the way, until the goblin stops.
"Here..." he says and points at the ground next to the road. "here the elven road begins."

mangosta71
2008-08-04, 11:23 AM
Zazalemal looks around. "How much of the flour do we need to reveal the road? Can we spare some to make it look as though a pannier wasn't properly secured and happened to spill?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-04, 11:24 AM
Right then, well move down the path a bit and I'll take up a vantage point in a tree. I'll snipe the driver then provide support while you take care of the guards.

Shademan
2008-08-04, 11:38 AM
"i will show you..." the goblin says and sprinkles flour on the invisible road. Soon you can see the white outlines of cobblestones. they remain semi-transparent but it gives you a good image of the road for some meters.
"what if he fails to kill the driver? what will you do then?" the goblin asks.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-04, 11:42 AM
Its primarily a question of whether or not I hit, should the bolt's initial damage not kill him, this will in a matter of seconds. He shows you all a small vial of yellow liquid.

((Unless the driver has class levels as like a monk or something, theres about a 90% chance that my attack will drop him.))

Shademan
2008-08-04, 11:44 AM
"is that a chance you are willing to take?" he whispers.
he turns to his wolf and scratches it behind the ear,

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-04, 11:49 AM
Wind is calm, weather is clear and the foliage is just thick enough to hide me. As long as we stay hidden he should only have...oh say a 5% chance of me missing.

mangosta71
2008-08-04, 11:51 AM
"With my hood up, I can pass as one of their kin travelling the road. If I ride in the opposite direction, I can hail them as I pass. Maybe even get them to stop for a moment so you can line up your shot. That will also put me in a position to sieze the reins of the carriage, or dispatch any escorts that may be alongside."

Shademan
2008-08-04, 12:04 PM
"thats not what we would have done, would we Skarsnick?" the goblin says in a lovingly tone as he cuddles with the wolf "but they what they think is best, yes they do! yes they do!" the wolf waggle its tail.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-04, 12:05 PM
If that's the case, take this. Adrius pulls a small tile from his sleeve with a bunch of stick figures engraved on it.If they discover you before I can take out the driver, break that in half. I'd best get ready. I'll need you to stop the target within 30 feet of the me He climbs a nearby tree and positions himself in it.

Poison on 10 bolts
Taking 20 on a hide check for a total of 33
Once I see the target, I'll being studying for death strike.

Shademan
2008-08-04, 12:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/judgerdead/mapstuff.jpg

wow. thats some crappy resolution.
eh, well. the green dots are trees, the white spray is confirmed elven road (about 15 meters) and the gray spray is estimated elven road.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-04, 12:32 PM
I guess I'm in the tree just to the right of the first one under the road.

mangosta71
2008-08-04, 12:32 PM
Zazalemal accepts the tile and slips it under his cloak. He also withdraws a small flask from his pack and hides it under his cloak as well. He then begins to ride at a leisurely pace back and forth along the elven road.

(when the quarry appears, he will keep his back to them so that they cannot see under his hood)

Shademan
2008-08-04, 12:42 PM
ooc: i think we should wait abit for the others before we DO THIS!

IC: "so what are you going to say to make the carriage stop?" the goblin asks while he pet his wolf

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-04, 12:43 PM
Adrius says jokingly. My my sir, thats a rather nice arrow sticking our of your forehead.

mangosta71
2008-08-04, 01:43 PM
Zazalemal smiles coldly. "Arrows are so crude. I prefer this." A dark nimbus forms around his wrist and hand, coalescing into a blue-black blade that trails crimson sparks as it moves. "So much more elegant." The blade disappears as he waves his hand. "Stopping them shouldn't be a problem. All I have to do is stand in the middle of the road, comment on how nice the weather is, the beauty of the forest, crap like that. Light elves are suckers for such inanities." He calls up to Adrius, "How long do I need to keep them here?"

While my blade is manifested during this demonstration, I will imbue it for psychic strike. I will also become psionically focused.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-04, 06:00 PM
I'd say 20 seconds should be enough.

((Wow, I go away for 5 hours and still no posts?))

Faithless
2008-08-05, 01:00 AM
Cadolin

"I'll come up from behind once the shot is fired.

The man darts towards a tree on the opposite side of the road and hides behind it.

The tree on the left, I'll hide behind.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-05, 01:15 PM
"I suppose i have back up then"

Ahuhi removes one of the scarf's from his face, taking a deep breath and getting into position.

Shademan
2008-08-05, 01:20 PM
where do he hide?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-06, 01:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/judgerdead/mapstuff.jpg

wow. thats some crappy resolution.
eh, well. the green dots are trees, the white spray is confirmed elven road (about 15 meters) and the gray spray is estimated elven road.

In between the two elven roads

Shademan
2008-08-06, 02:56 PM
after some minutes of waiting the elven carriage comes. It looks like a living plant. made of silver and whatnot, but still! it is pulled by two white steeds and have a elf in a silvery chainmail driving it. in front of the carrige, two mounted elves in beautifully crafted banded mails ride, and the same behind it. the coach is now halfway on the "assumed elven road". soon it will reach the marked elven road....

((the assassin have studied the driver since he was visible, which was over 20 seconds))

mangosta71
2008-08-06, 03:31 PM
At the first sound of the carriage, Zazalemal quietly utters a few words and waves his hand. Four glowing spheres appear at his fingertips. They begin to circle each other and bob up and down as they move between and around trees in a complicated dance. Zazaleam turns so that the carriage will be behind him and watches the balls of light.

As the carriage comes up behind him, Zazalemal calls out in Elvish, "Hail, my brethren. Is it not a glorious day to be riding? Even the will-o'-wisps are at play."

Shademan
2008-08-06, 03:43 PM
The elves slow down " Its a nice night indeed, but these are ill times and our mission is urgent, be so kind and move out of the way." they say in a polite yet determinant tone. oh, and they say it in elven!

mangosta71
2008-08-06, 04:44 PM
Zazalemal stretches slowly before responding. "Urgent? It seems a shame to be in a hurry on such a day as this. I do hope that your business is not too serious. Worrying about such a thing would quite spoil my mood. The beauty of the forest is best appreciated in tranquility. Don't you agree?"

Shademan
2008-08-06, 04:49 PM
the carriage and the elven riders slow down even further but theyre also getting closer.....
"we have to transport someone." one of them say in a now slightly suspicious tone

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-06, 05:14 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
((Death Attack, Fort Save or Die.))

Adrius takes careful aim. The wind is right, the bolt is sharp, and he can draw a clear bead on the throat of his target. He fires.

Shademan
2008-08-06, 05:16 PM
[roll0]

the elf nearly dosnt budge. he just cramps a little and stop moving. the elves got no clue!

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-06, 05:18 PM
Adrius now begins studying one of the guards on the carriage. His intent is very clear.

((Hehe, assassins rule))

Shademan
2008-08-06, 05:23 PM
well there is no actual guards ON the carrige. but there is two guards riding in front of it and two behind.

.!!!!.
.!!!!.

siee? number=guard

now the drow must disstract them... and MAKE A BLUFF CHECK!

mangosta71
2008-08-06, 07:21 PM
Zazalemal shakes his head, as if abruptly awakening from a trance. "Oh, I'm sorry. I suppose you gentlemen are in too much of a hurry to enjoy the forest with me properly." He guides his horse to the side of the road.

[roll0] Bluff

Shademan
2008-08-07, 04:39 AM
the rider who have done all the speaking to now (who you suspects migh be a captain or whatnot) nods and motion the others to move. he stops next to Zaz and asks "tell me... what are your name?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-07, 04:42 AM
((Gonna go ahead and post this for when I've had the 18 seconds to study the target))

His study complete, Adrius takes a shot at his 2nd target.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

mangosta71
2008-08-07, 09:37 AM
Zazalemal strikes out, his blade appearing as his hand moves toward the guard who addressed him.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage
[roll2] Psionic Weapon
[roll3] Psychic Strike

He cackles madly. "My name is death!"

Shademan
2008-08-08, 05:21 AM
Zazalemal's attack causes the elf major wounds, but does not kill him.
He retaliates and shouts "AMBUSH!"
attack roll [roll0]
potential damage: [roll1]

the two elves in the back cast a spell at the two in front.
(two secret rolls)
and a shimmering orb surrounds them for a second before it becomes invisible.

the other elf in the front attacks Zazalemal with his longsword.
[roll2]
potential damage: roll didnt work. i roll IRL: 7.

Adrius: who is your second target?

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-08, 05:46 AM
I guess the elf in front that he wasnt talking to.

Shademan
2008-08-08, 05:53 AM
yor arrow hit a invisible wall.
it stands still in the air next to the elfs neck before in falls to the ground.
the barrier however, shatters from the blow.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-08, 05:59 AM
Alright then, time for regular combat.

[roll0]
Attacking the front elf again.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

For Mango:The tile I gave you is a Potion Tile of Mirror Image, Caster Level 3

Shademan
2008-08-08, 06:05 AM
even though is not yet your turn (we dont really use initiative here...)
i must say this:
the arrow hits and is stuck in the armour. it dont appear to have penetrated the skin of the elf! fiddlesticks!

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-08, 06:06 AM
He has DR 21+ ? WTF? If we dont use initiative then can I replace my improved initiative with another feat?

Shademan
2008-08-08, 06:15 AM
He has DR 21+ ? WTF? If we dont use initiative then can I replace my improved initiative with another feat?

they ARE royal guards. with special armour (no **** sherlock!?) and high dex.
sure you can. i was gonna suggest you do that...

mangosta71
2008-08-08, 01:32 PM
Zazalemal deftly parries the incoming blows as he wheels his horse around. His blade crackles as he thrusts it at the injured guard's neck.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage
[roll2] Psychic Strike

Shademan
2008-08-08, 01:35 PM
the guard (or rather, Captain.) ducks with uncanny speed.
"To slow! shark-worshiper!"

((now we wait for Cabal to attack))

Faithless
2008-08-08, 09:46 PM
((Wait we're not using initiative. Ah well.))

I run up to the carriage door, open it and offer my hand.

"You must hurry princess. We must leave it isn't safe here."

Shademan
2008-08-08, 09:48 PM
the princess raises her hand and shoots a magic missile in your face.
[roll0]
total damage.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-08, 09:51 PM
Damn, shes a 7th level caster? Also you need to add another 1 to that damage. 1d4+1 per missile.

Shademan
2008-08-08, 09:55 PM
eh? 7th? but theres ONE missile per level, aight?

you heard him! take another damage!

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-08, 09:57 PM
No, its one missile at 1st level, then another every 2 levels after .2 at level 3 and so on. It would be broken at one per level. have it maximized (easy at 4th level.) thats 4d4+4 damage or 20 damage that the enemy has literally no chance of avoiding, bypasses all damage reduction, spell resistance, and can be cast a crap load of times in one day.

Shademan
2008-08-08, 10:00 PM
aaaah.
then some regulations are in order...

then its more like [roll0]

Faithless
2008-08-08, 11:09 PM
((Like that's a lot better. 9 damage as opposed to 11 :P. She didn't even listen to me. Arrogant elves. :smallmad: I'm a human I could be serving Erwind!))

"You must listen to me! Your guards are corrupt followers of Gyradan! We must get you to the city!"

Since talking is a free action. I want to ready an attack against her if she looks like she's going to cast again. If she tries anything I get to send a full attack her way. Breaking her concentration.

Shademan
2008-08-09, 05:11 AM
"no elf would ever follow Gyradan!" she growls "youre lying!"

outside, the combat goes on. look for a new post soon cus ill go eat breakfast now

Shademan
2008-08-09, 05:49 AM
the captain attacks Zaz...
[roll0]
[roll1]

and so does the other guard...
[roll2]
[roll3]

((hey, cabal? you gonna fight?))

mangosta71
2008-08-09, 12:25 PM
Zazalemal reverses his grip on his blade as he pushes his mount past the captain. As he passes, he twists his whole body into an attack at the captain's back.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Shademan
2008-08-09, 12:44 PM
the elf groans and fall off his horse. the horse start moving before galloping away.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-09, 01:59 PM
((Ok, got a few things to do.))
1. Begin Studying The princess for Death Attack (non-lethal)
Heres the attack roll and such.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
If she fails the save for Death attack, shes paralyzed for [roll4] rounds.
2. Find one of the invisible guys via my Scent ability.
3. Attack the guy I found.
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Shademan
2008-08-09, 02:02 PM
you cant see the princess clearly.

no one is invisible. they had a protection from arrows spell.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-09, 02:13 PM
Fine then, I'll just shoot her. Heres my Crit confirmation. [roll0]

Just save the attack rolls for one of the magic dudes on my next turn.

Shademan
2008-08-09, 02:20 PM
[roll0]
a arrow slam into the princess shoulder. she falls backward with a groan and grimace of pain

you hit the mage to the right side of the carriage. on your next turn

Faithless
2008-08-09, 05:47 PM
I pick up the princess now that she has fallen over. And run into the forest with her.

Shademan
2008-08-09, 05:54 PM
"HES KIDNAPPING THE PRINCESS!" a elf shouts
and fires two magic missiles after him.
[roll0]

the other stares into the woods "Thee'rri" he shouts.

Shademan
2008-08-09, 06:08 PM
taking a DM decision here.
Ahuhi shoots at the elf that shot those magic missiles.
[roll0]
potential damage: [roll1]
welll..... he damages him slightly....

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-10, 12:38 PM
Well, considering my next attack against one of the wizards was already resolved, I suppose we're waiting on mango.

Shademan
2008-08-10, 12:57 PM
yeah. you damaged him. now we await mangos attack.
and we await cabals arrival.
oh and the guy who shot the "kidnapper" is following him now.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-10, 01:01 PM
Well, since he won't likely be out of my range four a couple rounds...

[roll1]
[roll2]
[Roll=Poison(dex)]1d6

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-10, 01:03 PM
Gah! Friggin forum roller.

[roll0] Dex Damage

Shademan
2008-08-10, 01:07 PM
that depends. im pretty sure he ran off with the princess to the north. and you hide in the south.
im not really sure tho' as things are abit....untidy...

mangosta71
2008-08-10, 02:33 PM
Thaelrid's blade crackles as he wrenches it free of the captain's body. He sets off in pursuit of Cadolin's attackers.

(If I reach melee range, I'll swing at the one that hit him with a magic missle. If not, I'll throw my mind blade. Same attack and damage either way.)

[roll0] - Attack
[roll1] - Damage
[roll2] - Psychic strike

Shademan
2008-08-10, 02:40 PM
yeah, the mages have lower AC so you hit. and combined with the assassins arrows he falls down dead in his sadle

Shademan
2008-08-12, 03:39 PM
[roll0] the other melee guard charges after Zaz and tries to strike him in the back [roll1]

The mage stares into the woods. " I see you!" he growls and raises his hand.
magic missile: [roll2]

((lv 3 wizards gives +2 missiles 'aight?))

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-12, 03:44 PM
((No, they only get one more missile. Also, im guess that im the one he saw?))

Shademan
2008-08-12, 03:49 PM
yeah it was you he saw.
hurm. subract one damage then.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-12, 03:55 PM
Adrius recoils a bit from the relatively weak shot. Heh, you waste all those years training to cast such weak spells?

After a small hand sign, Adrius completely vanishes. Its quiet for a second until the wizard hears a loud AREEEEWWWW!!! As a long blade slams into his chest. After the strike, Adrius appears in front of him, holding the blade.

Activating Ghost Step, dropping from the tree, and charging.
Ki Smite Active
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Shademan
2008-08-12, 04:03 PM
roll to stay in saddle [roll0]
*if he stays in, he raises his hand and shoot fire! [roll1]
"simple is often best!"

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-12, 04:13 PM
Too slow! Taking this opportunity, Adrius forcefully yanks the blade out of the mage and twists to avoid the flames.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

((Attack of opportunity provoked by casting, and the reflex save to halve the damage of his Burning Hands spell. He's also gonna need to make a concentration check to see if he casts it at all.))

mangosta71
2008-08-12, 04:15 PM
Zazalemal wrenches his blade from the fallen wizard and turns to face the charging guard. He smiles, the tip of his tongue passing over his upper lip as he slashes at the impudent fool.

[roll0] - Attack
[roll1] - Damage
[roll2] - Psychic Strike

Shademan
2008-08-12, 04:26 PM
cant find the reflex dc on burning hands :smallconfused:
consentration passed .i made that cons check in real dice. dont worry, i dont cheat :smalltongue:

both of them now attacks with longswords.
vs zaz: [roll0]
vs ad: [roll1]
potential damage zaz: [roll2]
and ad: [roll3]

((friggin shait! i have forgotten to add the class attack bonus!!! WTF!? baah, to late now. kill em off so that i may retreat in shame))

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-12, 04:30 PM
((Reflex save would be 10+1+the wizard's INT modifier. So im guessing 12. Also, why does a wizard have a longsword?))

Adrius deftly dodges the sword. (19 AC) After which, snatching out his crossbow and snapping in a bolt (Both free actions) then firing at the mage.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Shademan
2008-08-12, 04:34 PM
sorry, then its 13.

the bolt is stuck in his armour but it does not penetrate it.
[roll0]
[roll1]

mangosta71
2008-08-12, 04:35 PM
(He has a longsword because he's an elf.)

Zazalemal ducks under the guard's blade and responds with a backhanded slash.

[roll0] - Attack
[roll1] - Damage

Shademan
2008-08-12, 04:38 PM
"bhob marhlyyy..." he groans as he falls off the horse, who starts to flee trough the forest.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-12, 04:40 PM
Ok, I really hate rules lawyering but this is getting absurd. You explicitly stated he was level 3. It doesn't make any sense for this guy to be a mage. For armor heavy enough to stop a point-blank crossbow, he'd need medium armor. this would cause him to cafe an arcane spell failure chance of 20%-30%. Theres also the issue of his HP. Since hes an elf and a wizard, his max HP would be 12-20. I've dealt 21 to him.

Shademan
2008-08-12, 04:43 PM
maybe he is multiclassed? and ever heard of mithral? :smalltongue:
these ARE royal guards y'know. be thankfull you sniped the driver 'cus he was the most dagerous.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-12, 04:46 PM
For him to deal 3d4 with Burning hands he would need all 3 levels to be wizard. But it seems that he cant use his sword for beans so I guess I'll just have to beat the living crap out of him.

I'll take a called shot at his unarmored head
[roll0]
[roll1]

Shademan
2008-08-12, 04:49 PM
that finally fells him.
"failure..." he groans as he fall of the horse who start running away.
there appears to be no more resistance...

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-12, 05:01 PM
Keep the carriage here, we can use it. After giving his instructions to his comrade, he rushed after the princess into the forest, shooting the last bodyguard when he gets the chance.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Shademan
2008-08-12, 05:04 PM
idont belive there were any more guards.

The goblin comes riding slowly on his wolf. "good work. good work." the mumbles and rides up to Adrius. his wolf smells eagerly on him. "i see you took out the most dangerous person first. good. what are you planning now?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-12, 05:08 PM
I sniped the driver. We team killed 1 melee guard and the 2 casters. Theres still the one chasing faithless in the forest. Oh, and heres my confirmation for that crit.

[roll0]

Shademan
2008-08-12, 05:10 PM
nope, sorry. theyre all dead/dying allready. but you shoot him just to be sure.
:P

Shademan
2008-08-12, 05:20 PM
im sorry, you cant just take her. you will have to chase the monk.

mangosta71
2008-08-12, 05:32 PM
(I killed the captain, you killed the driver and one caster, we team killed the others. That's all of them).

Zazalemal slides down from his mount and approaches each of the fallen light elves. He sinks his blade into the necks of the guard and the two wizards before approaching the captain, whom he prods with his boot.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-12, 05:37 PM
Adrius dashes into the woods after the monk and the princess and the monk, quickly discerning their location by following their scent.

Shademan
2008-08-17, 03:40 PM
ok, You and the Drow catches up with the monk!

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-24, 02:27 AM
About time I caught up with you. Lets head back. The goblins are waiting for us at the carridge.

mangosta71
2008-08-24, 03:49 AM
Zazalemal turns the captain's body face up and kneels next to it. He strips his fallen foe of his weapons and armor, then checks for a pulse.

Shademan
2008-08-24, 04:19 AM
dead as a door nail.
The goblin approaches Zas. "if youre smart, you'd be loadin' those armour into the carriage and send it to Crag Kar."

mangosta71
2008-08-25, 10:10 AM
Zazalemal eyes the goblin coldly. "Who or what is Crag Kar? And why shouldn't I keep the spoils?"

Nevertheless, he tosses the captain's gear into the carriage, then similarly strips the other three guards and the driver, also tossing their equipment inside before climbing in and shutting the door behind him.

I'm stuffing as much of their gear as I can into my Heward's Handy Haversack while nobody can see.

Shademan
2008-08-25, 11:49 AM
the goblin pierce you with his eyes "Crag Kar! the CAPITOL! where Gyradan lives!" he shakes his head "you're never gonna get to sell those things ANYWHERE. the price is simply to high. The only man with enough money in this land is Gyradan himself."

Faithless
2008-08-26, 11:09 PM
I started running before them and I didn't stop. and I ran into the woods. I think it'd take them a good 5-10 minutes before they can find me. Within that time I'd like to impregnate the princess, making it so the next heir has my blood. Then I erase the evidence that anything happened before my allies show up.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-26, 11:38 PM
Actually, considering a round of combat only lasts 6 seconds and the fact that I move at almost twice the speed you do, odds are that i'd catch up before you could drop your pants.

mangosta71
2008-08-27, 01:26 AM
Zazalemal hops out of the carriage, adjusting the straps of his pack as he strides toward his horse. Taking hold of the reins, he leads his mount to the back of the carriage, then ties the animal securely before climbing into the driver's seat. He turns in the direction that the others went and calls out, "Stop screwing around! We still have a job to do!"

Shademan
2008-08-27, 10:11 AM
ok, the drow loads the dead elfs into the cars (cus i assume youre to lazy to take them off. maybe cut of the heads and leave them there...) and their weapons. and you put WHAT in the haversack?
(slight hint: you will indeed not be able to sell these expensive armours for what they are really worth. offering all you found to Gyradan might make him grateful....)

And the monk tries to force himself upon the princess. Roll strength.
but since youre a monk you might use your wisdom modifier instead. oh, and add Evil to your alignment.

Why mind, wolfie boy? it was either him or the dorw!
XD
unless you wanna have a go as well?
(by the gods i hate myself now! XD )

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-27, 01:41 PM
((Considering my math adds up to me easily catching up to faithless and the DM has yet to disprove this, I'll go ahead and take my action. As for why, the wolf is an honorable assassin, Evil, but lawful evil.))

Adrius arrives just in time to see the monk struggling to force himself upon the princess. He hides ([roll0]) in the brush, and examines the monk...no armor...preoccupied...Too easy. He removes the tip from of one of his bolts and pulls the trigger on the crossbow.

Non-Lethal Deathstrike targeting the monk
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Shademan
2008-08-27, 01:55 PM
i reckon you still should do a spot check.
i'll look up the rules on scent.
and: have you eaten your meat today? of not, theres some elves over here.....

Faithless
2008-08-27, 10:17 PM
Hey. What better way to insult the elvish kingdom like we were tasked then get the kings daughter pregnant.

[roll0]

Shademan
2008-08-28, 02:18 AM
yeah she was uncousnius. fade by pain, y'know.
well unless your monk is.....er.... very fast... then you got attacked by wolfieboy during the act.

Shademan
2008-08-31, 11:43 AM
have you made your fortidue check yet?

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-05, 08:56 AM
After knocking the monk cold and pulling him off the princess, Adrius ties her hands tightly and gags her. He puts the princess on his shoulder and drags the monk behind him. He returns to the carriage, dropping the monk hard on the ground. Looks like the girl was a bit more trouble for him than he thought. Good thing I know how to deal with wizards. He says, holding an empty vial of his hornet's poison.

mangosta71
2008-09-05, 09:08 AM
Zazalemal eyes the unconscious and half-undressed monk and the ruffled state of the princess's clothing with a sardonic grin. The amusement in his voice is obvious. "Yes, elves become more dangerous while unconscious. Everyone knows this. So, shall we continue?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-05, 01:48 PM
Adrius hops into the cart with the princess and sits opposite the pile of bodies in the other seat. He sniffs the air then covers his nose with his mask. {GAH! What the hell!?! I didn't think people really **** themselves when they died!} During the ride back, every so often an guard's body "falls" out of the carrige, stripped of it's armor.

(( {} = Speaking Keidran))

Shademan
2008-09-05, 02:06 PM
and so you left two of your companions (you guys who were left can PM me if you want to continiue playing.) in the woods and head back with the goblin and a brand new carriage! when you reach town the grizzled goblin tells you to get rid of the princess and get to Gyradan quickly. he then leaves you....

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-05, 02:17 PM
Quickly huh? Zazalemal, you mind talking to the old lizard for me? I figure I'll go deliver our "Message" since I have some business in the elven lands anyway. He unhooks one of the horses from the carriage and throws the princess on after wrapping her in a cloak. He mounts the horse himself now. Plus im sure you're eager to sell off that nice armor.

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-05, 02:21 PM
...OOC:Thats exactly what I'm doing. Adrius is having you go talk to Gyradan while he deals with the princess. The purpose of wrapping her up in a cloak was to keep people from noticing her.

mangosta71
2008-09-05, 02:24 PM
"And what message are you planning to send? I was under the impression that we were planning to keep her here for a while and send letters back to the elves implicating Erwind in her disappearance."

Shademan
2008-09-05, 02:27 PM
OOC: for yer convinience: the map can be found at the first post in this thread

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-05, 02:28 PM
Did you get hit in the head during the fight? Gyradan wants us to make an example of her and I know a guy that would be perfect for such a task. He lives near the elven border so once he's worked his "magic" it will only be a stones throw to deliver her. Now you should really get moving before the dragon gets pissed and refuses to pay us. He say, turning his horse towards the exit and begins to leave.

mangosta71
2008-09-07, 10:51 PM
Zazalemal's eyes narrow. "I don't like the idea of passing her off to some person I haven't met, to do something that we haven't discussed."

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-07, 10:59 PM
Doesn't really matter as long as we're paid now does it? As for what this guy's gonna do...I rather not say. Makes me kinda nauseus to speak of it. ... Later. Adruis rides off at a steady pace towards his destination.

mangosta71
2008-09-07, 11:08 PM
Zazalemal glares at Adrius as he rides away before stabling his own mount and making his way toward the castle on foot.

Shademan
2008-09-08, 01:51 AM
it is around midnight when zazalemal walks trough the front gate. Two heavily armed guards examine him before letting him trough, one of the guards nod towards the Citadel and says "better get ther' fast. Gyradan has a lil' surprise fer yeh."

mangosta71
2008-09-08, 08:45 AM
Zazalemal glares at the guard, a malevolent light in his eyes as he brushes past. His stride is quick and angry as he walks the corridors, a nimbus of darkness never quite coalescing around his hands as he goes. Drawing up before the portal to the king's chamber, he pauses and attempts to compose himself before entering.

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-08, 03:10 PM
((Alright now I can begin))

As Adrius rides toward the elven capital, he sticks to the woods and eventually makes camp, waiting for his prisoner to wake up.

((Keep in mind that her hands are tied))

Shademan
2008-09-09, 01:14 AM
the elven princess eventually wakes up. she says nothing but looks very afraid.
---------
Zaz is just about to enter the room when someone calls to him "Do you have a moment?" The drow ambassador (cleric) says from behind him, it did indeed sound more like a command than a question.

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-09, 05:17 AM
Ah good, you're finally awake. He reaches into a small pouch on his belt and quickly draws...a waterskin. He holds it to her lips. Drink up, can't have you dying of thirst before you get home now can we?

Shademan
2008-09-09, 06:37 AM
"what is going on?" she ask before drinking ""and why do i feel like i've taken a inverted pee?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-09, 07:53 AM
I'll be blunt. This is water, first off. Second, what your feeling is probably due to aquaintence of mine attempting to have his way with you while you were unconscious. Lucky for you, I got there before he could do the deed and now he's lying dead in the middle of the forest. He takes a bite out of a piece of jerky. However, to set the record straight, I'm no knight in shining armor. I'm the one who knocked you out and I'm also the one who poisoned you which is why its difficult for you to move. You wont die any time soon but I cant have you running away or setting me on fire with your little spells.

Shademan
2008-09-09, 08:08 AM
"wait, youre the one who shot me!? and you say youre NOT gonna kill me!?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-09, 08:11 AM
I went in intending not to kill you. I doubt you've noticed due to the numbing but the aroow only left a bruise. I may be an assassin but even I have morals. Plus for my plans, I need you alive.

Shademan
2008-09-09, 08:20 AM
"wait...what plans? just for your information: i dont think cross-breeding works that way..." the princess stutters

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-09, 08:26 AM
My employer enjoys watching a good war and would like to see the Elves remain on the sidelines during the conflict. To put it simply, you're a bargaining chip. So long as your father agrees to pull out of the war, you'll be fine.

Shademan
2008-09-09, 08:29 AM
"that will never work!" the princess growls defiantly.

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-09, 08:37 AM
Oh? And why not?

Shademan
2008-09-09, 08:38 AM
"my father will rather rescue me. he'll send the mightiest elves after you!" she says with pride

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-09, 08:40 AM
We took all evidence of the attack with us. I doubt he even knows you've been captured yet. At any rate, we'll leave in the morning so I would suggest getting some sleep.

Shademan
2008-09-09, 08:41 AM
"My father commands the best rangers in this land. they WILL find me!" the princess stubbornly says.

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-09, 08:49 AM
Indeed they will, they'll find you at the castle tomorrow. For now, you have two options. Either go to sleep or I'll make you go to sleep. Theres an annoyed, commanding tome in his voice now.

mangosta71
2008-09-09, 09:09 AM
Zazalemal turns to face the drow woman. His eyes slide up and down her body lazily. "That depends. Are you willing to take the punishment if our liege is displeased by my failure to report to him immediately?" He gives her an insolent grin as he continues. "Perhaps fortune will allow me to choose the manner and administer discipline."

Shademan
2008-09-09, 10:50 AM
"don't try be smart with me. Remember that I am in touch with our own Drow king." she coldly sates and nail Zaz to the floor with a freezing gaze "Your god have a quest for you, Zazalemal. A quest that will help our gods chosen people to progress..."
-----------------
The elven princess sits down and sulk.

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-09, 01:35 PM
The next morning, Adrius gags the princess and loads her up onto the horse, both of them covered in a cloak to avoid unnecissary attention. After a few minutes of travel, Adruis explains in detail what happened in the woods earlier with the monk. ...You're just lucky I got there in time to stop him. Just don't go thinking I did you any favors, I'd never be able to show my face in front of my pack if I let something like that happen.

mangosta71
2008-09-09, 01:41 PM
Zazalemal chuckles. His tone is sarcastic. "I am, of course, the gods' humble servant," he says with a mocking bow. He becomes more serious, "As long as it benefits me. Speak quickly. Gyradan is waiting, and he doesn't seem the patient type."

Shademan
2008-09-09, 02:19 PM
the princess replies the best she can. "MMPH! mmp mmph mphma fhmkka"
--------
The drow ambassador does not waste any time "Your next mission involves the destruction of a weapon. And your god would be grateful if this weapon fell in the hands of the drow instead. think you got that?"

mangosta71
2008-09-09, 02:39 PM
"Sounds like good times ahead." Zazalemal turns back toward the king's chamber, then pauses again, looking back over his shoulder. "So, is there an approximate value on his gratitude? Monetary," his eyes sparkle mischievously as he looks her over again, " or otherwise?"

Shademan
2008-09-09, 02:46 PM
"your people, your king and your GOD will be grateful. im sure they will repay you in some way." the ambassador sneers and opens the door...

mangosta71
2008-09-09, 04:28 PM
Zazalemal follows the ambassador into the chamber, leering openly. He approaches Gyradan and bows slightly. "You summoned me?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-10, 01:05 AM
Arriving in the elven city, Adrius covers his face as he and his cloaked hostage make their way through the back streets towards before getting to the castle gates where he ditches the horse and gets the princess down off the horse. He approaches the guard, demanding to see the King immediately.

Shademan
2008-09-10, 01:15 AM
"hmmm... i had expected more of you to survive..." Gyradan growls lowly when he sees you "oh well... I had a feeling some of you might not return so I brought in some....reinforcements." Gyradan points to the two persons standing at his throne sides. "A duregar and a fiend." he grins.
The strategos, who is leaning to the wall facepalms himself and say " he's is not a fiend he is a elf..." Everyone is quiet....
"ahem... well its whats inside that counts. i should know! really!...ahem... sorry... well! are you guys ready for your second/first mission!? Gyradan smiles. its not a pleasant experience.

-------------------------
"Hold it there!" the elven guard growls and grips his glavie firmly "who are you!?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-10, 01:19 AM
He pulls the cowl off of the princess's face. Let me say this again, I DEMAND to see the king NOW.

Shademan
2008-09-10, 01:25 AM
"By Obad-hai!" the guy says shocked "GUARDS! OVER HERE! what happened to her!?"

mangosta71
2008-09-10, 01:25 AM
Zazalemal smiles back. "I'm ready for my payment. Then we can discuss what more you wish of me. I trust there will be no issues with me collecting the entire sum for the last mission. I also happened to acquire some extra items that may be of interest to you." He opens his pack and starts withdrawing the spoils taken in the ambush. He then eyes the others with nasty grin. "We'll see if these two are better at survival than my previous companions were."

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-10, 01:26 AM
Nothing...yet. Now I suggest you take me to the king before something does happen. And I would strongly suggest not trying anything.